JazzHR

Recruiting software for small & midsize businesses

Shae
Shae

Cost Effective Solution, Suitable for All Business Sizes

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Fantastic. Quick and easy migration. We had a short period to evaluate other solutions and implement. With our implementation contact, we were able to effectively migrate our data from iCIMS quickly.

Pros

One of the few products I demoed that allows me to effectively export all data keyed into the system. Met my needs for unique customization, integration with existing HR platform, automated workflows, limited access to users based on needs, and more. More importantly, if provided me the same perks, with an upgraded UI both for admins and candidates, all while reducing our costs by 70% over our existing vendor (icims).

Cons

No flexibility to set permissions down to the field level. We like to keep some of our app questions (i.e. what is you minimum expected salary) hidden and this is something that I can't currently hide from people marked as recruiters or hiring managers.

Tony
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used for 1-5 months

The Other Tony Bennett JazzHR Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/10

The Customer service needs work

The Customer service needs work

Pros

The many different companies to access on the platform

Cons

The Very High Prices Of The Other companies on the platform

Indeed and ZipRecruiter

Reasons for Choosing JazzHR

because the service with JazzHR needswork and indeed.com disabled my ad

Indeed

Reasons for Switching to JazzHR

Because of its extensive platform of contacts
Sonia
  • Industry: Government Administration

Not an automated system, very manual

Reviewed on 2022/08/18

I would switch today if I could.

I would switch today if I could.

Pros

The fact that we have a careers website they can develop.

Cons

The customer onboarding is a joke. They give you 2 calls and then you have to pay for more. If you need more support they REALLY try to push the account management option on you which is just as expensive as the whole system.

The whole system is manual. Everything from creating a job posting to onboarding the customer.

The candidate onboarding piece is so manual that you're better off doing the onboarding the old-school way, via email. There are so many limitations, you either have to create the onboarding documents every time you send the package OR you need to send a separate email for every onboarding document.

BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to JazzHR

The pricing was better but now we wish we had gone with another one.
Nanette M Carvalho
  • Industry: Human Resources

Easy, Inexpensive, Great Functionality!

Reviewed on 2023/06/22

There is a lot of information to take in when setting up JazzHR, but they provide tremendous training over the phone and through their tutorials and library. I always receive great customer service. The cost of using JazzHR is so incredibly reasonable that should not be a block for any company when considering using the system.

Pros

What I like best about JazzHR is it allows for customization for how it can be used. Adding emails to different status's helps me keep candidates informed on where they are in the process, which is something candidates often complain about is companies not responding to, or keeping them updated on their status. This helps my clients maintain their good reputations. I like that when a candidate applies multiple times I can merge all their applications so all the notes are in one file and I don't need to jump back and forth between files. I also really like that I could integrate Criteria assessments into JazzHR. So when we speak with a candidate we are interested in, we can easily send them an assessment just by pushing a button, and the results will also be right there in the candidate file. There are so many other functions the system provides but for my small business clients they just really need a reliable recruiting platform and JazzHR is it.

Cons

The texting feature is good, but I personally have run into some glitches that are specific to my account. While there is a work around, it is not ideal and creates other issues for me. However, when used by just one customer (business) they will not run into this issue. Texting is a great way to reach candidates who may not otherwise respond to my call since I call from an out of state area code.

Kelly

A great value!

Reviewed on 2023/08/07

Love using it!

Love using it!

Pros

Very comprehensive features, highly customizable and user friendly!

Cons

Sometimes setting up advanced workflows can be challenging, but customer service is great!

BambooHR

Price/Value

SmartRecruiters
Brent
Brent
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Software architecture is deeply flawed, still overall pretty user friendly & effective at good...

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

It has helped us effectively hire record number of new employees. It keeps us well organized and does what an ATS is supposed to do relatively well.

Pros

The price is good for a mediocre ATS that does the basics well at keeping candidates and jobs organized. The email templates are fully functional. Candidate profiles are pretty well organized, except across jobs. Job cloning and posting process is pretty smooth.
It operates fast and rarely has technical issues. They have made some improvements based upon our suggestions, but it took a long time and was like pulling teeth to see any progress.

Cons

Candidate notes/comments/discussion cannot be seen across different jobs or even instances of jobs.
Customer and candidate support costs extra to interact via phone, otherwise only internet form submission is required to resolve issues.
Overpromised and underdelivered features, functionality, and continuous development speed.
Not very customizable. Poorly designed. New and updated features are poorly beta-tested before release and not well thought out from a user perspective.
Changes to Workflow templates, stages, and disposition reasons cannot easily be cloned across all of them at once, meaning you need to edit many different templates individually.
Task automation features exist, but are poorly designed sometimes.

Frank
Frank

It's simply Jazztastic.

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

When I joined The VSI Team I came to know this little tool that I had never seen before, it had an awesome UI, and an UX so smooth that I just felt like I was surfing through my workflows, literally surfing... I can sit and talk about the features Jazz offers like its automated customizable workflows, e-docs, ease of integration with other platforms like HackerRank, the Crod module which instantly gives you benchmarks to compare your performance, etc. But if I had to pick one single area where Jazz adds the greatest value is Candidate Experience. Granted, your Candidate Experience depends heavily on how your recruitment team operates, but Jazz significantly helps making life easier for your Talent Acquisition team by improving their response time, their abilities to stay in touch with candidates, simplifying their tasks, . As you know, today Talent Brand and Candidate Experience are factors that heavily influence how the talent market perceives us, this is specially true if we're talking about Tech Companies, and Jazz can be a valuable ally in managing your Talent Acquisition process to deliver the best service. Oh, did I mention our Hiring Managers love it? Oh and the support team rock!

Cons

The only drawback is in the reporting capabilities, it's missing some dashboards and the ability to keep track of your metrics, but I know from a good source that is about to change in Q1 2017.

Liaza

Wonderful Customer Services

Reviewed on 2023/11/06

Exceptional overall experience with JazzHR!

Exceptional overall experience with JazzHR!

Pros

I don't need to wait 24-48 hours for customer service. They are prompt and thorough.

Cons

I really do not have a least that I can think of at this point.

• Industry: Utilities

Good Value for Money

Reviewed on 2023/11/06

Overall it is worth the money, and a great experience.

Overall it is worth the money, and a great experience.

Pros

JazzHR is very easy to set up and use. It also seamlessly connects to multiple job boards, and allows for postings to go out everywhere. There are also many integrations that work well.

Cons

The career page was not great for us. We had multiple locations, and the career page just lumped them all together. It would have been great if you could search by location on it.

Nancy

Basic ATS without Any Bells and Whistles

Reviewed on 2023/12/14

Pros

Jazz is pretty easy to use, but doesn't have the depth of functionality that mid sized organizations need. If you are a small company that does 5-ish hires a year this is a perfectly good system.

Cons

Be aware that if you switch to another ATS, the export that is provided can not be migrated and imported without significant work.

Implementing JazzHR has allowed us to dramatically improve our recruitment efforts!

Reviewed on 2018/01/31

Using JazzHR has greatly improved the success of our recruitment efforts and increased communication among our managers and recruiters.

Pros

JazzHR is very user friendly. It is easy to navigate the site, and there are a lot of features that are customizable - such as categories to easily narrow down search results, email templates, and workflows that automatically trigger notifications and tasks to different people.
The ability to send our job posting to so many free job boards has been fantastic and saves us countless hours per job when we don't have to manually post on those sites. It integrates seamlessly with our website, so it is very easy for job seekers to find our open positions.
They host tons of free webinars so that you can learn about the new features that they are constantly rolling out. The capability to create and send forms for an electronic signature through the HelloSign integration has been a huge improvement from our outdated process of trying to send and collect original documents through the mail.
We always get helpful, speedy customer service whenever we have questions.

Cons

One feature that would be really beneficial for us is a place where the hiring team can communicate and discusss the job itself. There is a discussion page for each candidate, but if anything changes with the job requirements - like the hours, schedule, location, etc) - we can't communicate that within Jazz within putting it on a candidate's discussion thread.

Sarah
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

HR Director

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

My experience has been very positive. Once we purchased JazzHR, my sales rep was still present along the onboarding process. He didn't ditch us and made sure that we were connected to all the right people to work out any issues or questions we had. I will also say that we didn't have many issues in transition. We demo the system for a little bit and once our decision was made, it was just a matter of making our posting page with JazzHR live on our site. The company is very responsive to email and chat sessions.

Pros

This system is so easy to use. It's intuitive and allows for recruiting flow to be developed and followed consistently. The system also does a great job of bridging the gap of communication between the manager and the HR team. The discussion feature allows for real-time follow up along with the ability to store and contain all pertinent information regarding the status of a candidate in the hiring process. It's this feature that allows me to pick up where my talent acquisition manager has left off so that we can continue the hiring process as smoothly and seamlessly as possible. For a small HR team, this is critical. We no longer stress about taking vacations or getting sick. We now have a system that will allow us to cover for each other. This is by far the best feature about the system and the reason a company should seriously consider purchasing JazzHR.

Cons

I would just like to have a few more options as far as access levels for different people that might be apart of the interviewing/hiring process. However, I know that this is something that they are working on for future use. I would also love to have a mobile app so that my remote managers that travel a lot, can access candidates on their phone and reply to a candidate while sitting at the airport without pulling out their computers.

Jessica
  • Industry: Management Consulting

So easy to use! Best value for your money. Hands down.

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

I hire for basically the same job (or a few jobs) at 23 campuses across the U.S. A lot of ATS companies will charge you per location and even per user which obviously doesn't work for us. Jazz charges a flat fee per month with unlimited users, locations (called departments), jobs, and postings on free job boards. It's an incredible value for the money you pay. I'm still discovering new features and better ways to build my workflow and improve my screening process each time I log in.

Pros

I looked at a lot of different ATS options, and this one knocked everyone else out of the park. For the money you pay, it is definitely the best value. I love the many integration options. Instead of using my calendar, Asana, email, our application site, and spreadsheets for tracking candidates and reporting, Jazz allows me to have every part of my hiring and on boarding system in one place. The knock out questions and questionnaires have increased my ability to screen candidates as well, saving me the time I would have spent interviewing unqualified candidates. It's also very easy to set up and use. Customer service is on point, and they patiently walked me through the set up process and are quick to answer any questions that come up. I'm very happy with the decision I made.

Cons

So far so good. I really can't think of anything that I don't like about it. I would love to see them add an automated reference check to the system, but that's not super common with ATS anyway. They seem to be constantly improving the system and adding features. I imagine it won't be long before they add this.

Melanie

Jazz HR is easy to use but could offer more

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

-The program is easy to use and easy to learn
-Many of the features are intuitive, like being able to drag and drop the ordering of questions in the applications
-Good integration with job boards

Cons

I feel like there are a lot of missing features that the program should have:
-Be able to hide jobs (we have a lot of old jobs that we still want to keep, but we don't need to see them constantly)
- Be able to select a default view (for example, always have it show Open Jobs when I go to the site rather than having to select that view
-Be able to pull PPC report by yourself, rather than having to contact support every time you want it
-Be able to set high priority jobs so they pop up to the top of your list
-Allow the search tool to search for similar names (example: searching "Melnaie" would also show "Melanie")
-Have a way to combine metrics for multiple postings (for example, we will often post a position several times before it is filled. It would be great to select multiple postings and then have it combine total applicants, total screened, total interviewed, etc. for purposes of reporting)

Ramya Kaumudi
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

JazzHR

Reviewed on 2022/10/18

Pros

The tool is so easy to set up and integrates well with our website and requires no login to apply to a role. Improves the candidate's experience that way. They were able to add functionalities that were not offered upon suggesting and the turn around was super quick.

Cons

For a first time user of an ATS tool, it might take some getting used to.

JobDiva and Bullhorn ATS & CRM
Chris
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

JazzHR Exceeds Expectations at Unbeatable Price

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

JazzHR exceeded our expectations in every respect. User interface is intuitive and well thought out which made it easy to get our 1st hiring project live within hours of activation. Functionality of JazzHR rivals that of well known enterprise ATS platforms. The success team has been very proactive and helpful when assistance was needed. JazzHR offers a wealth of live and on demand training webinars for the systems more advanced functions and integrations.
Most valuable feature: JazzHR’s frictionless one click apply experience improved our overall click to apply ratio which ultimately maximized results with job board syndication and CPC media placements.

Pros

(1) Robust tools in a simple UI
(2) Automation and Pre-Screening Capabilities. (Improve applicant experience and reduces phone screen cost/time
(3) One Click Apply (Improved our click to apply ratio which ultimately maximizes CPC spend when applicable)

Cons

One minor annoyance: When placing jobs into a "closed" status the default message an applicant sees when clicking on a link for that job reads as "Hiring for this position has been put on hold at this time." - For our purposes there is a difference between an "On Hold" job and a "Closed Job". Work Around; Deleting or moving a job to "filled" status does appropriately close out the job - but there are times when we close a job without it being filled for one reason or another and may not wish to delete the job while we explore alternatives for any applicants in the queue.

Cleo
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

It has been a good experience so far. We are still in the free-trial period.

It has been a good experience so far. We are still in the free-trial period.

Pros

The software is easy to post positions. The dashboard provides a great database and it is really complete.

Cons

The software has automatically misclassified our company, so the pricing went higher than usual with less features available.

Zoho Recruit

Reasons for Choosing JazzHR

more options when posting positions

Indeed
Samantha
Samantha

Has completely changed our hiring process for the better!

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

I've gotten so many benefits from JazzHR but the biggest and most important benefit to me from this software is the amount of quality, qualified candidates I've received on every job that I've posted. We've been able to successfully post three completely different jobs and go through the workflow of interviewing, discussing and hiring for all three jobs.

Pros

I think what I like most about JazzHR is the ease of use. Coming from a busy company I don't have a ton of time to really learn an intricate software and JazzHR has allowed me to use the full software with such an amount of ease. It makes my life so easy! It has completely changed our hiring process in a positive way. Before JazzHR we were getting swamped with candidates, with JazzHR we are now getting swamped with candidates but they are quality and qualified candidates and for that I am so thankful. I recommend this product to all of my clients as well for their hiring needs.

Kate
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Review of Resumator - Three Months In

Reviewed on 2014/10/02

Pros

It is easy to use, and it's easy to step into and figure out without training. It can be as simple or as complicated as you need it to be, which is great for the wide range of hiring leads and personalities that I work with. It is a definite step up from the spreadsheets and Outlook folders that we had been using. Being able to track pipelines and jobs has made us more efficient.

Cons

There are a lot of little features that should be available and are not, like batch emailing candidates based on different criteria such as status or category. Also, it isn't possible to hide candidates that are inactive per job; however, engineering says they are working on this. Last time I made a suggestion to the engineering department, it was basically shot down unless a hundred or more of their other customers requested the same thing. I work with several software engineers, and while changes take time, it doesn't seem like a simple additional condition is too much to ask for.
Also, it isn't easy to cycle through candidates per job. I get taken out of the job and put back at the full candidate list for all jobs several times while trying to check out the candidate pool for one position. It can get redundant.
The biggest issue I have is that star ratings cannot be reset to no stars. I've had to completely delete candidates and re-enter them manually to get rid of star ratings. This is totally not ideal when several hiring leads are using this system, widening the room for error.

Teresa
  • Industry: Accounting

Jazz is always Improving

Reviewed on 2017/03/17

We started using Jazz before it was called Jazz and I haven't been able to offer any suggestions for improvements because they always beat me to it! They're constantly adding new features without disrupting the basic way it works which means I don't have to change the way I work until I have time to check out the improvements. The only change I wasn't thrilled with was the name change - I like the name "Resumator" better - :-). I often get calls from other ATS providers, but after I watch their demonstrations I have to tell them that they don't offer anything better than Jazz.

Pros

very easy and intuitive to use. price is great for a small and budget conscious business.

Ben
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Worst recruiting software out there

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Save yourself the hassle. Don’t even try it.

Save yourself the hassle. Don’t even try it.

Pros

The sales pitch. That’s about it. We thought it would bring more leads and leverage what we had been doing by creating more opportunities for same amount of spend or cheaper. Not even close.

Cons

We NEVER got any results. They even credited back some money to us because they told us we should have results by now. Then we decided to cancel after further non results and now they say we owe a couple more months because they require notice to cancel... even without ANY results. Literally in the six months of giving it a try we had one potential candidate. The worst software. We have had over 600 on indeed alone prior to this software. This has been a horrible experience.

Response from Employ

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We¿re sorry to hear that JazzHR did not meet your expectations. Our customer support team worked with several of your team members to ensure that your account was configured to optimize candidate flow, and I see that you received over 200 applicants.

In addition, JazzHR is much more than a candidate sourcing tool. As the leading ATS system for small to medium sized businesses, we help our customers to automate their recruiting processes, better manage their hiring pipeline, and collaborate with their teams to improve the quality of hires made.

Kyle
  • Industry: Furniture

Great for finding good employee candidates

Reviewed on 2022/05/05

Ensuring our job listings are posted in several locations and saves us a lot of time.

Pros

We've benefited greatly from JazzHR's tools for ensuring we've posted jobs in all the right places. We've successfully hired many employees using JazzHR.

Cons

Some minor gripes with the dashboard, but aside from that very little.

Patricia
Patricia

Almost perfect

Reviewed on 2020/09/27

We use Jazz to facilitate the hiring process for all our job postings, and it has made the life of our HR team so much easier. It would be good, though, to pair your usage of it with training so all your employees are using it in the preferred and best way for your organization.

Pros

Jazz meets all the needs for taking your hiring process digital. It's easy to receive resumes and communicate with applicants via the platform's messaging system, which handily assigns anonymous email addresses to both you and the user. You can also get the messages forwarded to your email of choice. The dashboard view makes it easy to sort where you are in the hiring process and star priority candidates.

Cons

Even though Jazz is packed with features, there are some things that are not intuitive about its design, or are not well thought out. For example, if a user changes the platform's notification settings, it changes them for all users. Other technology platforms have trained us to expect individual control over notifications and messaging alerts, but that is not the case here. It also takes some getting used to in order to find the view that works best. You can have a dashboard with just the candidates and jobs you are hiring for, but the default is to see all the applicants who have applied for every job. Even things like the comments field suffer from basic UI so you're not sure if your comment was recorded or not. They're not insurmountable obstacles, but can be small annoyances that make the platform less than perfect to use.

Stanley
  • Industry: Automotive

They do not have the customer's best interest. Please be careful before signing on with them.

Reviewed on 2023/01/09

Pros

It would post jobs on Indeed. It used to have better results, but they did not replace of the job boards down the road. It's not worth it now.

Cons

Lacked the ability to do more for the customer and training was not the best. The account manager was very careful and sneaky with her words. The service had changed and there were no updates when the job boards had changed, but the prices were still the same.

Ariel

Efficient and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2016/12/09

I have used Jazz (formally the Resumator) for the last 3 years and enjoy how easy it is to use and how it integrates with other software that our team also utilizes (Sparkhire and Namely specifically). Also, it is easy to share information with the hiring manager and communicate with candidates.

Pros

Ease of use increases communication with hiring managers, access to templates, provides a clear view of the candidates that are in process.

Cons

The software is robust, but you may not necessarily need to use all the features.