JazzHR

Recruiting software for small & midsize businesses

4,5
4,2
Charles M.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best Recruiting Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

It has replaced our individual accounts with recruiting websites lower total costs and still bringing in lots of qualified people.

Pros

Jazz is aggregate recruiter, you post to it and it posts your job on multiple boards. It allows you to see all job candidates in one place, at one price.

Cons

There isn't a way to highlight your posts on certain boards it picks where your posts will be highlighted.

Jason A.
Industry: Real Estate

Jazz Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

It has been a great experience overall. The customer service is great, the people are very friendly and attentive and the software is easy to use and fulfills all of our needs.

Pros

The software has a very robust feature offering. It is very easy to use, once set up and is a great tool for aggregating resumes and scoring candidates.

Cons

Setting up some of the features was challenging, such as workflows, candidate evaluations, etc. It would have been nice to have assistance. The implementation calls that I had were not very helpful and I walked away more confused than assisted.

Patricia S.

Almost perfect

Reviewed on 2020/09/27

We use Jazz to facilitate the hiring process for all our job postings, and it has made the life of our HR team so much easier. It would be good, though, to pair your usage of it with training so all your employees are using it in the preferred and best way for your organization.

Pros

Jazz meets all the needs for taking your hiring process digital. It's easy to receive resumes and communicate with applicants via the platform's messaging system, which handily assigns anonymous email addresses to both you and the user. You can also get the messages forwarded to your email of choice. The dashboard view makes it easy to sort where you are in the hiring process and star priority candidates.

Cons

Even though Jazz is packed with features, there are some things that are not intuitive about its design, or are not well thought out. For example, if a user changes the platform's notification settings, it changes them for all users. Other technology platforms have trained us to expect individual control over notifications and messaging alerts, but that is not the case here. It also takes some getting used to in order to find the view that works best. You can have a dashboard with just the candidates and jobs you are hiring for, but the default is to see all the applicants who have applied for every job. Even things like the comments field suffer from basic UI so you're not sure if your comment was recorded or not. They're not insurmountable obstacles, but can be small annoyances that make the platform less than perfect to use.

Kate P.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Review of Resumator - Three Months In

Reviewed on 2014/10/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It is easy to use, and it's easy to step into and figure out without training. It can be as simple or as complicated as you need it to be, which is great for the wide range of hiring leads and personalities that I work with. It is a definite step up from the spreadsheets and Outlook folders that we had been using. Being able to track pipelines and jobs has made us more efficient.

Cons

There are a lot of little features that should be available and are not, like batch emailing candidates based on different criteria such as status or category. Also, it isn't possible to hide candidates that are inactive per job; however, engineering says they are working on this. Last time I made a suggestion to the engineering department, it was basically shot down unless a hundred or more of their other customers requested the same thing. I work with several software engineers, and while changes take time, it doesn't seem like a simple additional condition is too much to ask for.
Also, it isn't easy to cycle through candidates per job. I get taken out of the job and put back at the full candidate list for all jobs several times while trying to check out the candidate pool for one position. It can get redundant.
The biggest issue I have is that star ratings cannot be reset to no stars. I've had to completely delete candidates and re-enter them manually to get rid of star ratings. This is totally not ideal when several hiring leads are using this system, widening the room for error.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Tony B.
Industry: Entertainment
Company size: Self Employed

The Other Tony Bennett JazzHR Review

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/07/10

The Customer service needs work

Pros

The many different companies to access on the platform

Cons

The Very High Prices Of The Other companies on the platform

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Ashley G.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

User friendly ATS program

Reviewed on 2019/12/27

Overall experience with JazzHR has been positive. Customer service is very helpful.

Pros

Product is easy to use. Reporting section allows for easy data generation. Customization of work flows and task assignment allows for notifications to appropriate staff that they have a candidate to look at and decision to be made for an interview or decline. JazzHR saved my company a significant amount of money in recruiting costs.

Cons

They do not have a contract with Indeed for job sponsorship. Jobs are posted to indeed, but if you need to sponsor the job you have to go though Indeed instead of through JazzHR. Would be nice to use one application for all recruiting needs

Jennifer S.

The Next Step Up From Indeed

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/12/05

I have been using Indeed for my recruiting needs, so I looked at JazzHR through the lens of whether or not the cost and functionality justified the switch.

Pros

I like that you are able to not only post the details about the job you are hiring for, but you can also create "knockout questions" for your candidates. That way, if your candidate doesn't qualify based on those questions, you don't spend time moving ahead in the interview process with them.

Cons

I did not find the JazzHR software intuitive and I had some difficulty setting it up. I thought the free trial period was too short.

Frank H.

It's simply Jazztastic.

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

When I joined The VSI Team I came to know this little tool that I had never seen before, it had an awesome UI, and an UX so smooth that I just felt like I was surfing through my workflows, literally surfing... I can sit and talk about the features Jazz offers like its automated customizable workflows, e-docs, ease of integration with other platforms like HackerRank, the Crod module which instantly gives you benchmarks to compare your performance, etc. But if I had to pick one single area where Jazz adds the greatest value is Candidate Experience. Granted, your Candidate Experience depends heavily on how your recruitment team operates, but Jazz significantly helps making life easier for your Talent Acquisition team by improving their response time, their abilities to stay in touch with candidates, simplifying their tasks, . As you know, today Talent Brand and Candidate Experience are factors that heavily influence how the talent market perceives us, this is specially true if we're talking about Tech Companies, and Jazz can be a valuable ally in managing your Talent Acquisition process to deliver the best service. Oh, did I mention our Hiring Managers love it? Oh and the support team rock!

Cons

The only drawback is in the reporting capabilities, it's missing some dashboards and the ability to keep track of your metrics, but I know from a good source that is about to change in Q1 2017.

Elizabeth M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Easy & functional

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Overall it was a great fit for our company in hiring for different roles.

Pros

This was a very easy to use software - made it easy to review candidates quickly and put all the info I needed in one place.

Cons

It made it difficult to sort applicants into multiple groups, and felt like it could've had a better way to interact with them within the interface.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great recruiting software

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/09/25

I think JazzHR is a great recruiting tool. I just wish I had more training from my HR team in order to learn the ins and outs of this tools. I will definitely reuse it should we need to hire additional team members.

Pros

I recently used JazzHR to recruit a new team member for my own team. JazzHR was very easy to use and navigate. I was able to select my top candidates and view their resumes directly on JazzHR.

Cons

Not sure if this is a JazzHR issue but none of my candidates submitted a cover letter. My HR team set up the job posting and I was only in charged on the recruitment and viewing candidates on JazzHR so maybe it is a settings that we forgot to check. Other than that, I think it is a great tool!

David B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Friendly service and effective organization (when used correctly)

Reviewed on 2020/02/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

JazzHR works very well if every team member uses it for all things ATS: booking interviews, emailing applicants, sending offers, etc. It is also very flexible -- it can be used for all of the above, or only for offers, or whatever it is you need it to do.

However, that flexibility is both a pro and a con. If for example some team members use it for booking interviews, but others insist on booking interviews through Outlook, it will be very difficult to keep track of what's happening. JazzHR won't track any communications that occur outside of itself.

My advice: ensure your JazzHR team uses it the same way across the board. :)

Pros

JazzHR is a refreshing alternative to maintaining vast Excel spreadsheets of every candidate for every job (yes, that was my life for a little while). It keeps candidate resumes, contact info, and current application status in one place.

Posting new jobs is straightforward, and you can make custom workflows for each one if desired. These allow for some degree of automation (moving a candidate to "passed 1st round" can prompt an email inviting them to the next round, e.g.). Each communication is timestamped, so there's no confusion about how quickly the interview process is moving.

Customer service is also quick on the draw, replying to support tickets within 24 hours -- usually same day!

Cons

Two sticking points hold JazzHR back from being truly fantastic:

1. There's no "true" automation; every action requires a user to do something manually. Example: if I'm in charge of updating candidate status, and I'm out sick for a week, it will appear to other users that no progress is happening. Having some time-sensitive automation triggers would help a lot (change this candidate's status from "round 1" to "needs attention" after 36 hours of inactivity, say).

2. JazzHR works exactly as well as the weakest link on your team -- no better, no worse. If yours is a tight-knit group that's in constant communication with up-to-date calendars, this software will be marvelous. If there are panelists who don't use the built-in interview functions, and/or don't check the discussion threads for updates, you'll have that much more work to do to keep things organized.

Jill E.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

JazzHR gets 5-star rating! You're HIRED!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/15

I used to stress out when we had recruiting efforts, but JazzHR has made this process so much more organized and it's something I look forward to using. It has saved us a great deal of paper, ink/toner resources as well as filing space, too. On top of the other features mentioned, it assists us with compliance by capturing retrievable data on each candidate, so employers are already prepared for whatever might occur resulting from recruiting decisions.

Pros

JazzHR is mutually beneficial to the candidate who can easily download a resume, cover letter and click on some buttons to answer questions that the employer wishes to learn about candidates (e.g., What Makes You Unique?). It automatically responds to the candidate (inserting the individual's name) to acknowledge receipt of their submission, thereby avoiding the "black hole" (or "black box") experience. It's also very helpful to the employer as it provides customization per job posting, knock-out questions/answers to alert us at a glance if the candidate lacks education or relevant work experience, etc. It stores all incoming and outgoing emails as well as submissions, so nothing is lost! JazzHR provides the recruiter the opportunity to download a comparison chart of all or certain candidates to quickly compare apples to apples side by side. It provides the employer the option to use a calendar system. It helps us to quickly post our job openings on popular websites for no fees and others for additional fees. It's a GREAT resource! JazzHR has an intuitive process from initial job posting through hire, and for an additional fee would provide onboarding (sending/signing offer letters online), too. Another BIG "Pro" is that JazzHR has been very responsive to my suggestions. Their product is already robust and easy-to-use by both candidates and recruiter/employer, but I've made some suggestions and have seen them implement some of my suggestions and that pleased me!

Cons

We do not pay for the premium-level support, so there's no immediate phone call support when I'm in a pinch. They've made a fairly comprehensive Support section complete with visual and step-by-step instructions which is extremely useful by those of us who opt not to pay for the higher support level -- and they email me back within 24-hours (more often sooner).

Implementing JazzHR has allowed us to dramatically improve our recruitment efforts!

Reviewed on 2018/01/31

Using JazzHR has greatly improved the success of our recruitment efforts and increased communication among our managers and recruiters.

Pros

JazzHR is very user friendly. It is easy to navigate the site, and there are a lot of features that are customizable - such as categories to easily narrow down search results, email templates, and workflows that automatically trigger notifications and tasks to different people.
The ability to send our job posting to so many free job boards has been fantastic and saves us countless hours per job when we don't have to manually post on those sites. It integrates seamlessly with our website, so it is very easy for job seekers to find our open positions.
They host tons of free webinars so that you can learn about the new features that they are constantly rolling out. The capability to create and send forms for an electronic signature through the HelloSign integration has been a huge improvement from our outdated process of trying to send and collect original documents through the mail.
We always get helpful, speedy customer service whenever we have questions.

Cons

One feature that would be really beneficial for us is a place where the hiring team can communicate and discusss the job itself. There is a discussion page for each candidate, but if anything changes with the job requirements - like the hours, schedule, location, etc) - we can't communicate that within Jazz within putting it on a candidate's discussion thread.

Emily P.
Industry: Management Consulting

Look no further - You've found an ATS

Reviewed on 2016/09/10

I work in a recruiting capacity in the HR department of a mid-size company that utilizes Jazz as our recruiting software. As a growing company with strongly rooted family values, we are dedicated to making hiring decisions that will have a positive impact on our company's growth and image. Our HR department has been able to take our recruiting to the next level with Jazz since we can effectively track, source, and communicate with candidates from the moment we post a job up until we send out the offer of employment. Our company is not only dedicated to our employees, but also to each and every candidate that expresses an interest in employment with us; which is why, as a recruiter, my personal goal is to maintain communication with candidates at every stage, and Jazz makes that an EFFORTLESS process.

I felt compelled to write a review for this software because not only is it a fantastic platform to use, but their customer service experience is unparalleled. They are always taking customer feedback into consideration and implementing changes that ease recruiting nuances, and unlike clunky applicant tracking systems of yore, they are constantly revamping their system to remain relevant with the latest recruiting practices. Anytime I interact with Jazz's product and customer service teams, they leave me confident in my decision to continue to utilize this system as a recruiting platform for years to come. I suggest you give their sales team a call and request a demo ASAP.

Innovative and Adaptive

Jennifer C.

Confusingly good

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

In my career, I've used over 10 applicant tracking systems and none of them have been as easy or straightforward as HR. I'm left baffled that it is not the industry leader and by the cost of the product. It does not have all the bells or whistles of a Lever or Greenhouse, but a lot of companies (like mine) just don't need that.

Pros

Easy of use
UI
Daily Use
Price

Cons

Still working on integrations with other platforms

Sarah E.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

HR Director

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

My experience has been very positive. Once we purchased JazzHR, my sales rep was still present along the onboarding process. He didn't ditch us and made sure that we were connected to all the right people to work out any issues or questions we had. I will also say that we didn't have many issues in transition. We demo the system for a little bit and once our decision was made, it was just a matter of making our posting page with JazzHR live on our site. The company is very responsive to email and chat sessions.

Pros

This system is so easy to use. It's intuitive and allows for recruiting flow to be developed and followed consistently. The system also does a great job of bridging the gap of communication between the manager and the HR team. The discussion feature allows for real-time follow up along with the ability to store and contain all pertinent information regarding the status of a candidate in the hiring process. It's this feature that allows me to pick up where my talent acquisition manager has left off so that we can continue the hiring process as smoothly and seamlessly as possible. For a small HR team, this is critical. We no longer stress about taking vacations or getting sick. We now have a system that will allow us to cover for each other. This is by far the best feature about the system and the reason a company should seriously consider purchasing JazzHR.

Cons

I would just like to have a few more options as far as access levels for different people that might be apart of the interviewing/hiring process. However, I know that this is something that they are working on for future use. I would also love to have a mobile app so that my remote managers that travel a lot, can access candidates on their phone and reply to a candidate while sitting at the airport without pulling out their computers.

Stefan G.

Your Customizable Hiring Platform - Everything You Need

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Cost effective, Time-saving, user friendly and helps you keep track of the candidates in progress. Their support team is quick at responses and resolutions. the best thing about Jazz HR is that they receive resumes from quite a few job boards and present them to you on one platform.

Pros

Jazz HR is customizable to great lengths to give you the exact result you need. It helps create a job to specifically mention what is needed to qualify with the set questions you can place for applicants to answer if they decide to apply to the job. the best part is that Jazz HR does the segregation to see who qualifies and then gives us a list of just the resumes that are a match. The access to templates and workflow is also a huge bonus. They also provide you the option onboard and complete everything with esignatures so its all paperless.

Cons

When the pros also become the cons - you get resumes that are a fit but the response is always overwhelmingly high. You have to go over the bulk resumes that qualify. The platform offers a huge set of features that may get confusing and not give you the desired result unless setup correctly which could be a draw back. Also the API can be limiting when it comes to in-house integration.

Jessica C.
Industry: Management Consulting

So easy to use! Best value for your money. Hands down.

Reviewed on 2017/07/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I hire for basically the same job (or a few jobs) at 23 campuses across the U.S. A lot of ATS companies will charge you per location and even per user which obviously doesn't work for us. Jazz charges a flat fee per month with unlimited users, locations (called departments), jobs, and postings on free job boards. It's an incredible value for the money you pay. I'm still discovering new features and better ways to build my workflow and improve my screening process each time I log in.

Pros

I looked at a lot of different ATS options, and this one knocked everyone else out of the park. For the money you pay, it is definitely the best value. I love the many integration options. Instead of using my calendar, Asana, email, our application site, and spreadsheets for tracking candidates and reporting, Jazz allows me to have every part of my hiring and on boarding system in one place. The knock out questions and questionnaires have increased my ability to screen candidates as well, saving me the time I would have spent interviewing unqualified candidates. It's also very easy to set up and use. Customer service is on point, and they patiently walked me through the set up process and are quick to answer any questions that come up. I'm very happy with the decision I made.

Cons

So far so good. I really can't think of anything that I don't like about it. I would love to see them add an automated reference check to the system, but that's not super common with ATS anyway. They seem to be constantly improving the system and adding features. I imagine it won't be long before they add this.

If you need a new applicant tracking system, pick this. Super modern!

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Relatively low cost, easy to use, live agents, modern & you can recommend ideas that go on their roadmap and eventually get implemented.

Pros

Finally, a modern applicant tracking system! I use JazzHR everyday at work and I can honestly say this is a user-friendly and intuitive ATS. It saves me a lot of time compared with my experience using other systems like Taleo. If anyone is thinking of switching to a new ATS system, this is it. You will not regret it! Plus they have live agents to support you with any questions you have and they will get you the information you need promptly.

Cons

Sometimes I have experienced 'bugs', but if you report it to their Customer Success team it will be looked into as soon as possible. When Amazon Web Services is down, Jazz may not function properly, but this can't always be avoided.

Louis C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

JazzHR Software proves an integral tool in identifying and acquiring new talent

Reviewed on 2019/07/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Our company work requires applicants with specific skill sets in working with Cryptographic technologies to include Block chain ledgers and control platforms. As a result it can be difficult to find
and qualify competitive applicants. Since we began using Jazz HR , we have found a new and useful
tool in our discovery process. Over just a few months our hire retention rates have increased and our
time cycles to train are greatly reduced. Finally, the quality of talent is improving as a direct result of using this software. We are excited to continue its use and happy to recommend it to human resource departments for companies small to moderate size.

Pros

The highly configurable tools in this software allow for in an depth discovery and qualification for potential applicants. Such tools include question and answer templates . Answers then can be
analyzed and even rated for accuracy. This application can also assist in logistics such as in helping to
scheduling meetings for review during a hiring process. There is a companion application for mobile devices which allow for seamless communication from fellow workers to share their reflections and ideas on a potential hire. There are as well options to leverage social networking sites to discover potential new talent as well.

Cons

The only real negative we can highlight would be in the area of support for the product itself. If your team
works late hours as we do , they can be difficult to reach. This is a minor inconvenience largely out weighed by the many benefits of this HR software.

Melanie G.
Industry: Financial Services

Jazz HR is easy to use but could offer more

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

-The program is easy to use and easy to learn
-Many of the features are intuitive, like being able to drag and drop the ordering of questions in the applications
-Good integration with job boards

Cons

I feel like there are a lot of missing features that the program should have:
-Be able to hide jobs (we have a lot of old jobs that we still want to keep, but we don't need to see them constantly)
- Be able to select a default view (for example, always have it show Open Jobs when I go to the site rather than having to select that view
-Be able to pull PPC report by yourself, rather than having to contact support every time you want it
-Be able to set high priority jobs so they pop up to the top of your list
-Allow the search tool to search for similar names (example: searching "Melnaie" would also show "Melanie")
-Have a way to combine metrics for multiple postings (for example, we will often post a position several times before it is filled. It would be great to select multiple postings and then have it combine total applicants, total screened, total interviewed, etc. for purposes of reporting)

Susan H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

JAZZ is user friendly and allows you to capture all information regarding the applicant easily.

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Ease of tracking applicants from application to hire, bulk action features saves time when sending out correspondence; set up and customizing the system to meet your company's needs was easy to do. JAZZ is always taking customer feedback and improving the system based on that feedback.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to capture all information under the applicant, ability to discuss applicant with hiring manager by tagging them in the conversation are some of the pros with this software. Visually, it shows you at a glance where the candidate is at in the pipeline. Setting up your templates and workflow to customize your company's needs was easy to do. The bulk action feature is also a plus when sending out correspondence to applicants. Customer support is always helpful.

Shae J.
Industry: Computer Software

Cost Effective Solution, Suitable for All Business Sizes

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Fantastic. Quick and easy migration. We had a short period to evaluate other solutions and implement. With our implementation contact, we were able to effectively migrate our data from iCIMS quickly.

Pros

One of the few products I demoed that allows me to effectively export all data keyed into the system. Met my needs for unique customization, integration with existing HR platform, automated workflows, limited access to users based on needs, and more. More importantly, if provided me the same perks, with an upgraded UI both for admins and candidates, all while reducing our costs by 70% over our existing vendor (icims).

Cons

No flexibility to set permissions down to the field level. We like to keep some of our app questions (i.e. what is you minimum expected salary) hidden and this is something that I can't currently hide from people marked as recruiters or hiring managers.

Kimberly R.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Can't imagine doing my job without Jazz!

Reviewed on 2016/09/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Jazz has proven to be an extremely innovative and useful tool for our company! It greatly improved our entire hiring process by allowing us to manage everything from initial job posting through to candidate offer letters and initial onboarding procedures in one easy to navigate system. (Before Jazz, we relied on inefficient application and tracking methods that required the use of multiple programs.) Customer service at Jazz is extremely responsive to our questions, and even our suggestions. Engineers from Jazz actually took time to meet with us and get our input for future updates! We recently saw our suggestions go live!!

Cons

Our HR Team took a while to think about this.... we couldn't come up with anything! If we had to pick something - one of our team members mentioned that Jazz makes frequent updates. They absolutely do, however, the updates are very useful, and, as I mentioned above, response to their customer's feedback.

Chris W.

JazzHR Exceeds Expectations at Unbeatable Price

Reviewed on 2017/02/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

JazzHR exceeded our expectations in every respect. User interface is intuitive and well thought out which made it easy to get our 1st hiring project live within hours of activation. Functionality of JazzHR rivals that of well known enterprise ATS platforms. The success team has been very proactive and helpful when assistance was needed. JazzHR offers a wealth of live and on demand training webinars for the systems more advanced functions and integrations.
Most valuable feature: JazzHR’s frictionless one click apply experience improved our overall click to apply ratio which ultimately maximized results with job board syndication and CPC media placements.

Pros

(1) Robust tools in a simple UI
(2) Automation and Pre-Screening Capabilities. (Improve applicant experience and reduces phone screen cost/time
(3) One Click Apply (Improved our click to apply ratio which ultimately maximizes CPC spend when applicable)

Cons

One minor annoyance: When placing jobs into a "closed" status the default message an applicant sees when clicking on a link for that job reads as "Hiring for this position has been put on hold at this time." - For our purposes there is a difference between an "On Hold" job and a "Closed Job". Work Around; Deleting or moving a job to "filled" status does appropriately close out the job - but there are times when we close a job without it being filled for one reason or another and may not wish to delete the job while we explore alternatives for any applicants in the queue.