TrekkSoft

Manage, market, and sell with one tour and activity solution

Martin O.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Handling bookings of various OTA

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

In the past i have been seriously struggling when handling our OTA bookings and availabilty.
To connect via API all our OTA partners through Trekksoft has been a massive change for us.
The implementation has been smooth with a great support from the Trekksoft Team.
After a short learning process to get familiar with all the "backoffice" features of the system i am now very comfortable with the product. The Management, the Customer Success Manager and the Support Team are very reactive and efficient.

Pros

User friendly system which responds to all specific request we might have (timetable, seasons, exceptions)
Reducing complexity for the handling of OTA bookings from our side.

Cons

Until now i have not come across any features missing with regards to our operational needs

Response from TrekkSoft

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your great review! We are happy to see that you are successful with the system so far and happy to hear that our channel manager played a massive role in your operations.

We are looking forward to many years of partnership with you.

Your TrekkSoft Team

Samuele A.

working with Trekksoft

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

Absolutely satisfied, we exposed a custumer problem three years ago and they found the right deal to solve it.

Pros

The complete assistance even in Italian local agent

Cons

Graphical User Interface, the design can be improved

Response from TrekkSoft

Hi Samuele,

Thank you for leaving us a positive review. We are grateful for your support over the years and will continue improving our user experience in the coming months. :)

TrekkSoft Team

Leanne F.
  • Industry: Sports

Great start and supportivr to set up

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Fantastic and faultless support at the beginning. Sales team were excellent. Support I received to set up was excellent. Very helpful and took time to help. Clear, easy and reliable. However, I had problems with the software and customer support was woeful. Misunderstood, passed around to various different people and I had to hassle to get problem solved. Teething problems took a while to sort out. It's working fine now but it was very stressful at beginning.

Pros

Fairly easy to use. App good and responsive

Cons

Have to scroll through for availability changes. But of a faff.

Response from TrekkSoft

Hi Leanne, thanks for leaving us a review and for highlighting the difficulty you faced when you first started out with us. I apologise for that and thank you for sticking with us despite the rocky start. We'll look into your account history to ensure a smoother experience for new customers in the future. All the best, Nicole.

Neil joseph W.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

A great all-in-one platform to get your tour business off the ground and build partner networks

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

A full-service booking platform and integrated webpage that helped us launch and promote our business, as well as to connect with travel agents, partners in the Partner Network, as well as interface to large booking systems through the TrekkSoft API. This singular package does quite a lot.

Pros

The end result looks very professional. It allows for seamless integration of website and booking platform in one stylish package. The Admin functions are easy to learn and once you get the hang of it, you can begin quickly building your suite of activities and website together. The platform continues evolving, so new features are continuously being added. The business and technical support are very helpful and understanding of newbies and... I feel like I'm being heard when my enhancement requests are added to development lists for future versions. Finally, the price is more than fair given the overall power of the tool. After seeing how good the website can really be, we ended up abandoning our own WordPress site and simply redirected our URL to our TrekkSoft site to have everything in one place. So much easier, now.

Cons

The product has evolved over time and as a result there are some legacy evolutionary quirks. For example: there are a few tasks which are buried in strange places or almost hidden, which at the time may have made sense, but now just seem weird. These are few and are easily cleared up with a quick chat with support. Also... with any tool that does so much, it can be a little tricky to find your feet and to really find out about all of the features available. Many support videos are available and the number of support pages are growing steadily (and with quick feedback on comments), but I feel there is something lacking that helps pull all of these resources together into a really useful support library. But as with the rest of the product, I'm sure it will continue evolving and improving. They are generous with support calls to help get started and start building your tour empire. :)

Response from TrekkSoft

Hi Neil,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience so far. We are delighted to hear of your success with TrekkSoft.
Your feedback is very important to us, thanks so much for taking the time to go into detail.

Janine L.

From little to BIG

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

Well, as luck would have it, I actually used Capterra as a tool to research software solutions for reservations management. I found it extremely helpful, so I'm adding my two cents to support Capterra in helping users like you and I to make informed decisions. Enough about Capterra... let's talk TrekkSoft.

The elevator pitch version goes something like this: TrekkSoft supports a wide range of company sizes from little to Big. The major attractions of TrekkSoft are a) It's ability to connect you to marketplaces; b) CSS/HTML control in select areas of the software; c) Interdepartmental connections between guest/inventory management, accounting, tour operations, and marketing; d) Online booking feature allows you to earn passive income while you focus on improving business.

The longer version of my review includes a few more gory details pertaining to functionality, company culture, software potential, and business potential. Our first few months with TrekkSoft were rocky. No sugar coating here! The sales team over-promised on a few items, which was disappointing. Ask as many questions as you can and get things in writing - as you should with any company you are interviewing! The flip side of this coin is that they have worked with us on various functionality and features to resolve our issues.... some at a cost, and others not. Either way, their team has the rare trait of listening to feedback and implementing changes when possible. It has been an intense few months of getting set up and we are still working out some bugs. That being said, we are a larger, more established company than some of the smaller tour operators that might get set up in the average 14 days that they prescribe. Some changes were critical to our business process and others were user improvements that have shown me the potential for how TrekkSoft can truly connect multiple departments in our company to one hub. Not only to cut down on procedures that are disconnected, laborious, and manual, but to vastly improve collaboration. We are taking baby steps in this area, but the vision is tangible and attainable. Lastly, the online booking feature, as well as marketplace channel manager, is a reservoir of business growth that is waiting for us to tap into more. Again... baby steps. After all the plusses and minuses, I can say that we are in a better place than before we had TrekkSoft. We are growing and I believe things are only going to get better.

Pros

Inter-connectedness with guest management, inventory management, accounting, marketing.

Cons

The system can be slow at times. The reports are not as strong as I need them to be. These are concerns they are addressing with me.

Roberto R.

It has been great working with Trekksoft.

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

I think their is a lot of improvement in the area of Market Information. I like the Business Intelligence and the Customers Insights as an idea, but I believe this area could provide with much more usable information.

Pros

It is easy to use, the customer service is great. They respond very quickly and all the team, specially the Munich team has been awesome.

Cons

I would like to be able to generate better marketing reports. Information about our clients, in graphics and tables. I am most interested in Demographics as well as a way to download on a Excell sheet the sales per activity per month, so that I don t have to generate it myself. Also a Con is that even though in theory it is easy to connect to Marketplaces with API's it has proven to be very difficult. I am still waiting to get connected to Get Your Guide/ Expedia among others.

Response from The Trekksoft Team

Dear Roberto,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always important for us and we are glad to hear that you found or system easy and moreover that you are happy with our customer service.

About the feedback you shared with us in the cons, I already asked your contact person at Trekksoft to reach out to you to discuss about the Business Intelligence feature as we do provide some demographics and also you have the sales report that you can use for your sales per activity per month, as all these reports can be filtered by activity. About the API connection with Marketplaces, you are right it is not an easy world in there, but we are currently working in a new version of our channel manager that hopefully will add ease to the connection.

Once again thank you for your review and we are looking forward to create a long term relationship with your company.

Elena G.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Happy, but I hope in future improvement

Reviewed on 2019/12/07

Generally speaking I am very happy with Trekksoft, and I hope to have more possibility and function in future.

Pros

What I like most is that the software is very easy to use and a lot of function are very useful to manage the experiences. Also it is very easy to create a web site. The connection with the marketplace is of course one of the most important part.

Cons

Sometimes I would prefer to have more choices. For example I would like for the voucher to have a period of availability, so that I can set to sell the voucher only for the next two months. Or sometimes the are words (in the creation of the website or in the booking part) that I cannot change or choose if I want them to be shown or not and I can not change them. I would also like to have the possibility to suggest another activities at the end of the booking, or during.

Response from TrekkSoft

Dear Elena,

Thank you for your review, we are happy to see that you feel comfortable so far with our system and that it is helping you to manage your daily operations.

I believe some of the things you are discribing in the cons are currently possible with our system. For example our Gift Certificates (Vouchers) they have a possibility to add expiration date and recently we implemented it as well to our discount codes. Also a good option to promote tours in the check out is our multidiscount feature, I kindly invite you to check our support pages or to contact our support team to get more assistance in the topic, we will be happy to help you with more information.

Once again we are pleased to work with you and we are looking forward many more years of partnership.

Best Regards,

Your Trekksoft Team

Sean C.

Simple but slow

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

System is simple and direct so easy to use. but hope the process speed get better

Pros

Trekksoft is very easy and direct to use and also very easy to edit the reservations.
One more thing that I like most is sending voucher

Cons

Hope the speed of the system get better.
I always feel that it is bit slow to use. Also, I have sent an email to Customer Service at first about the introduction to use, but it takes a week to receive the answers(two emails) and very unkind answers, so I was frustrated

Response from The Trekksoft Team

Dear Sean,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always important for us, we are glad to hear that you have been successful with the system so far and that you like it. About the counter side of your review, rest sure that we are working on the system speed, soon (if you haven’t yet) you will notice a change on it. Furthermore, please receive my sincere apologies for the inconvenience with our customer service team, I already took actions on it and we will make sure this doesn’t happen again.

Deborah L.

Automated and functional!

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Great personal attention when I first started to walk through the whole system - a very patient lady stood by me and talked me through in baby steps - I had to do a lot of the work myself and familiarizing myself with the software but now finding it much easier and so worth it.

Pros

I no longer have to write emails after someone enquires or books - everything is automated, if I want it to be! Its Freeing up a LOT of time for me! HOORAY!

Cons

The software doesn't hold a clients credit card info so I have to ask for it again before or just after the trip which means i have to trust the client to pay the balance after the trip - or find a way to get online and pay just before the trip (difficult when people are already on vacation and may not find it easy to access wifi / internet to pay the balance. A bit nerve racking for me!
Also, it would be great to have a number to call someone for assistance when needed - I have had to wait a few hours sometimes for a response - thought someone does ALWAYS respond before long.

Response from TrekkSoft

Dear Deborah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us review, your opinion is always important for us. We are happy to see that you are successful with the system and to learn that it is saving you time in your daily processes.

I will pass your feedback to our product team so they can consider it for future improvent as well as the support related feedback to the right area.

Looking forward to a very long relationship with your business

Curtis R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

A good product which is constantly evolving as they add new features. Not perfect, but we are...

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

(1) Easy integration with some of the biggest booking systems like Viator, Get Your Guide and Expedia.
(2) Simple to learn and use, whether just using the booking software or also using the website builder
(3) Quick response time from the customer service team

Cons

(1) It seems that TrekkSoft has prioritized developing new features over improving the current product and fixing bugs. I think that is now changing as they seem to be working on tightening up the entire quality of the software, but it still needs work to be more stable and bug-free.

Response from TrekkSoft

Hi Curtis,

Stephanie M.

Great booking system

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Connection to channels really safe us a lot of time managing bookings from different channels, and avoiding mistakes.
Very responsive customer service that solves problem very quickly.

Pros

- Can be connected to many channels
- Easy to use
- Super responsive customer service

Cons

- Glitches happen
- Minor shortcomings, such as payout report doesn't give detailed information such as adult / child

Response from Trekksoft

Dear Stephanie,

We really appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear that you find our system useful and moreover that our channel manager is helping you to save time while managing all your bookings.

Everyday we are working on make our system better, so your report in the cons will certainly help us to improve.

Jesse C.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Being buried in a pit of fire ants would be better

Reviewed on 2017/05/22

Every now and then, after weeks and weeks and weeks of complaints, and a lot of bs dripping with bad sales training, we finally get transferred to an actual technician who comes up with a solution that sort of solves one of the myriad issues we're having with their software.......then he goes on holiday for a month with no notice. Guess this isn't really a pro in the end.

I will never, ever trust a salesperson again. Lesson learned! Thanks Trekksoft!

Cons

1) The setup is counter-intuitive: information for a single tour is spread into two main branches of the software, so that you have to navigate to two different lists of tours to see who is booked on a tour and for instance, change the name of the tour.

1.5) Those two lists are ordered by date, one starting with the next tour, and the other with the tour farthest away. No way to reverse it.

2) When sending people payment links, the page is ugly and is impossible to edit. When people pay, they receive no automatic confirmation email. We were told we can automate that, but only when we send the payment link.......so people will receive their ticket before paying. Nothing confusing about that. Right? Oh, also, no personal info (email, phone number, etc) is taken when they pay.

3) The app doesn't work at all, and the mobile site is unusable. It worked for a total of 6 days in the last 4 months.

4) Since we allow people to buy more than one ticket at a time, we have to make a choice of getting personal info from each guest, or (theoretically) getting one name/number/email per basket, which would be fine, except that info doesn't make it on to the guest list on the app. Useless.

5) Several features were promised that simply don't work the way we were explicitly told they were. When this became apparent (in our first phone call after paying), we asked for a refund. They offered us and extra month of "service."

The list goes on, but no space lef

Jaanika N.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Tool that helped the success for my business

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

I started using Trekksoft shortly after we just opened our tour operation business and we where in a big need for a tool to make us visible and also manage our guests. Since this day- no regrets. As we are a small company and back in the days had no money for hiring someone to build our web, handle our systems etc. Trekksoft offered it all for a reasonable cost. Also it is really easy to use even for someone who has no idea in building websites and handling back office. Also communication with them has always been really fun and everybody is always really helpful. They also organise different interesting Webinas and have an interesting blog I would recommend to follow.
Would always recommend for anybody working in tour business.

Ignacio R.

Easy & Intuiitive

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

We have the Office in our smartphones at any tone!!!

Pros

Is a very useful system to conecting and displaying booking options. The info actualización is very easy and the notification way by Google calendar is efective.

Cons

Some time we have problems with the booking notifications by email. But maybe, is an conecting problems.

Response from TrekkSoft

Dear Ignacio,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always welcome as it help us to keep on improving.

We are happy to see that your experience with Trekksoft have been successful so far.

We will pass your feedback to the right department so they can keep an eye on the notifications system.

Looking forward a long term partnership.

Vesna V.

Helpfull, reliable, fast, logical, friendly staff.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

new knowledge, easier business

Pros

i like because you set it once and it works with all necessary procedure...yo send automatically confirmations and everything. Back up of sistem is always there.

Cons

it has some things about rental that could be better...you are not alowed to count from hours days automatically, only you could choose daily or by hours counting...

Response from TrekkSoft

Dear Vesna,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your experience with our system so far. We are delighted to hear that Trekksoft have been helpful for your business' daily operations.

The feedback from our customers is alwasy very appreciated, so rest sure that we have sent it to the right team to consider your opinion for future improvement of our rental feature.

Marc S.

Trekksoft make it easy to make changes and do my own thing on my website.

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Pros

That I am in charge and I can make changes when I like. The customer support is always around when I need and the styles of the webpages give a very professional look to my webpage. The quick book options on the website cut down on my emailing time also which is a bonus. I would recommend the product to anyone in the tourism business.

Cons

Some minor adjustments could be made in things like bloging and ease when dealing with multiple languages.

Response from TrekkSoft

Dear Marc,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always welcome.

We are happy to hear that you like Trekksoft and that you have been successful with it. Everytime we are trying to improve so your feedback is well received.

Kelly H.

Excellent Tool for Activity Providers

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

Trekksoft has been an excellent tool for us to continue to grow our business as if offers our clients an easy and safe way to book online. It has good features from the admin end and is easy to integrate into our websites. The customer service is excellent and responses are quick and full of answers.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, good integration

Cons

Some new features would be nice to aid in our continued use

Andrew K.

Well thought out software that has been an envaluable tool in enabling Therapy Charters

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Pros

Easy to use and allows for access on the run. Also allows for both great back end support to the end user who needs assistance.

Cons

The time it takes for pages to load between searches. Once on the site and a new search has to be performed it takes way to long to navigate or open new pages. A quicker time process would greatly speed up processing.

Response from TrekkSoft

Hi Andrew ,

Roberto R.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

in 6 months ;-)

Pros

The customer service. My contact person is doing a great job. Helping with any issue I got and he always respond really quickly which I really appreciate. Also I am not the most skilled person on softwares but he is always really helpful and pacient.

Cons

Will tell you in 6 months still really learning about how to use it.

Response from TrekkSoft

HI Roberto,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review , the feedback from our customers is always well received.

We are happy to see that so far you have been successful with our system and that the service provided is fullfilling your expectations.

Looking forward a long lasting relationship with you.

Cristophe D.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The product is not even half developed, it is slow and you will never hear from them after you...

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

No benefits at all, too slow and to complicated to use not to mention the price.

Pros

Nothing, because they ripped us off, took our money and dissapeared. Nothing actually worked for us and I don't need to mention the worst customer service ever, they don't care about customer and I can just say it is a SCAM! Be careful.

Cons

No customer support, slow and too complicated system with too many featuers. They worst customer service ever, after we paid they dissapeared and never delivered anything! The system is not worth a penny! SCAM!

Response from TrekkSoft

Hi Christophe,

Sorry to hear your feedback is not positive . We were never made aware of any issues from you on any communications in the past .

I have reviewed your account and see that we always paid you out on a regular basis and there were never any bugs reported to us from your company. Best Regards,

Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you want to share any further info.

Espen L.

The most versatile booking system software for tours and add-ons.

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and all the great functions. Being able to schedule pre and post trip reminders using both e-mail and SMS is great, and being able to fully customise pdf tickets and reminders is really nice.

Cons

The only thing I don't like so far is that it is a bit expensive. We only just started using Trekksoft, so hopefully it will prove it is worth the money.

Response from TrekkSoft

Hi Espen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your experience with Trekksoft so far. We are delighted to hear that you like our system and that it has been of help to handle your business communication.

We look forward to work with you over the years.

Luka V.
  • Industry: Sports

Fast support team

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Had some misunderstandings about activities and managed to resolve everything within few minutes with Renan.

Pros

Fast response, and professional staff. Really satisfied with their answers and help.

Cons

Old video tutorials (with old interface)

Response from TrekkSoft

Dear Luka,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always important for us.

We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with the service provided so far and that you are successful with our system.

As you know the new interface was launched at the end of November, so we are still working on the updated documentation and video tutorials.

We really hope we can stablish a long term business relationship with your company.

Duje M.

I'm really happy with TrekkSoft. Everything was really simple and fast.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

Options TrekkSoft have where I can customize my whole calendar and payment options. It's simple to follow up my schedule via app on iPhone or iPad and possibility to give my agents custom role and custom commission.

Cons

This is hard question.
Old design of back-end. It's not important for business but still if they refresh it to more modern and flat version that would be epic!

Response from TrekkSoft

Hi Duje,

Thomas P.

Final a software for us.

Reviewed on 2015/05/28

Hi, my name is Thomas Pereira and I am the partner and general manager of GoMontanita travel company located in Montañita, EC. For the past three years our company had been struggling with misleading programmers and unprofessional designers that wasted our money and most importantly our time, but in the process of this struggle we I personally remained on the look out for the right platform for GoMontanita´s website. Then one day checking my junkmail bin i saw trekksoft and gave it a little read and clicked on its home page link. From there Trekksoft won my heart. I made an appointment online and avery friendly gentlemen by the name of Anthony Rodrick helped me better understand the system and get started. The page looks and works great. In the end Trekksoft is a simple program that could be free to use or paid for depending on your needs. I highly reccomend this system to other travel companies and tour operators. Thank you Trekksoft.

Lorcan C.

Treksoft; very efficient

Reviewed on 2016/07/22

I find Treksoft to be very user friendly. All the reports you need are there. Speedy in relying to any queries. All good!

Pros

Easy to use.

Response from Trekksoft

Thanks for the kind words Lorcan!