Maxpanda CMMS

Phillip M.
Industry: Education Management

The Right CMMS for our Growing School

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Maxpanda has provided the perfect vehicle to formalize our growing school's extensive maintenance processes. However, with the products continiuos development, we're finding more and more ways to get other (not typically cmms-related) business problems under control. Hats off to the development team. You deliver what you promise, and that's a rarity in today's age!

Pros

An incredibly powerful product wrapped in an easy-to-use GUI and tons of awesome (ongoing) updates!

Cons

The only downside is that we're in Southern Africa and the Maxpanda guys aren't in our timezone. This means that we have to wait a little (emphasis on 'little') longer to get helped. But when we do get their help, they are really amazing!

Jeremy S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Leaps and Bounds

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/09/30

The overall condition of our 60m catamaran that can carry up to 130 people is in much better condition than ever before now that we are using MaxPanda to track and manage the planned maintenance.
I still run a shadow file system in Google Drive for all the details I have for all the system assets on the ship. I would prefer to keep it all in MaxPanda, but give the attachment file size limits, limits of orgnanizing attachments, and limit to seeing total asset history in a snapshot, I haven't been able to migrate away from the Google Drive.
Also, I have the impression from our team that is it tricky to track history of assets that are part of other assets - ie the starting motor on the main engine might be its own asset with purchase history and service requirements - but if a new chief engineer is looking at the service history of the main engine, it is cumbersome to also have to look at the history of all the associated/related assets.
As a non-profit organization, the price point for MaxPanda has been really important.
We also use MaxPanda in our landside campus's and it is great to have a common platform across all our locations.

Pros

MaxPanda has improved lot over the last two years. I really appreciate that they continually make updates and are quickly responsive to request for help. When we first starting using the Android version, entering new work orders was really glitchy - particularly when scanning the QR code. The information started as pre-filled but then deleted and had to be re-entered. And the field name bars were too short and we couldn't read the full descriptions so I was not possible to know which pre-filled entries to select. I hadn't used it for a new WO in a long time, but I did earlier this week and all the old problems were gone and it was actually super smooth and quick.

Cons

Last week tried to upload pic attachments to an asset from my Samsung S10. I had renamed the pics on my phone, but the attachments saved with some other file name showing a date/time. When I did the same process through Chrome on my laptop, the renamed files saved with the correct new names.
MaxPanda doesn't seem to handle PM's based on hours very well. Ie, if a machine needs service every 500 running hours. We have been able to put together some work arounds, but it doesn't seems inherently smooth.
Also, the 10 Mb attachment size limit is annoying. Some of the pdf manuals for certain assets exceed 10Mb, and it limits our use to not be able to put them in there.
Also, it would be nice if we could make folders within the attachments, particularly for assets. I haven't tried myself, but from talking with our team, it sounds complex if we want to look back at the history of an asset (ie a main engine looking back over several years) If we could make attachment folders, then I could have one for each year to track photos, parts invoice etc.

Scot S.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Maxpanda not worth the money

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Not happy, actually very disappointed with Maxpanda. Switched to different CMMS with a lot more features for same cost.

Pros

Not a fan of this product. Will not be using it now or in future. Towards the end of trying to use it I believe it was down more than it was not.

Cons

Crashes when you need it most. Can not delete vendors that are no longer being used. Random FORMER employees gained access and kept putting in work orders with nonsense text. Once using the script from war and peace. Not sure if it was a virus or someone was doing on purpose but didn't want to chance it. Canceled it and still getting work orders via email from people that forget and use it to put in work order. Not happy with this product at all.

Harris L.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Excellent and easy to use CMMS software

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

Have been using the system for almost 2 years and find it very simple and effective.

Pros

Very easy to use. System is smooth very beginning to end, adding users, adding assets, adding PM and schedules. Easy to use on desktop or ipad.

Cons

Not much to dislike. We have not had any issues with this product so far.

Jay K.
Industry: Hospitality

Summer camp with very large campus

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

It has been pretty good, we are pleased, and out staff appreciate the communication it provides.

Pros

I like that it is cloud based, we didn't have to download anything. It is reasonably priced and it allows us track a vehicle or buildings repair history.

Cons

I don't have any real complaints, I have to pay attention to follow the updates, I don't thing we use all of the features so there is probably a lot of stuff I don't know, are there recorded user webinars?

Jordan J.
Industry: Entertainment

Organization but it takes time

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Pros

This software allows my facility to track all work orders to ensure completion. It helps hold employees accountable because work orders are assigned to individuals. Having desktop and applications for mobile devices ensure that all users can access the program.

Cons

Using the software does take time. The program reverts back a screen when a selection is made and I have to click to get back to the screen to save more data. And the mobile app requires making sure the latest version is downloaded or all you get is a spinning circle.

David R.
Industry: Machinery

Needs a few tweaks

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Pros

value/$

Cons

I really do not like the Work Order Summary at the top of the Work Order List. It takes up a 10th of the screen and adds no value to me. I see no way to turn it off, that should be an option.

Also in the Work Order List, if you open a work order to view or edit and return to the list it returns to the top each time. That causes a lot of time scrolling back down to where you where. It should return to where you were on the list, which would make it much faster when reviewing work orders.

Chris K.
Industry: Restaurants
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Maxdpanda CMMS has made us more efficient!

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

Pros

Maxpanda's ease of use is tremendous. Anyone from our Maintenance team, to our Production Manager, to our Admin, to our Store Managers are able to quickly navigate the app or online to get their part of Maintenance management completed. I truly appreciate the consistent updates to the software, seems like they are making upgrades and improvements every other day!

Cons

One thing that could be improved is the overall format of Maxpanda is set up to be a typical large company, multiple buildings, etc. It would be great if it was able to flex the format based on the industry. For instance, we are 20+ restaurant company and it isn't very intuitive to set up initially.

Eric D.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good and Getting Better

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Maxpanda has continuously grown, changed and upgraded into more of the product that they, and we hope it will be.

Pros

I am appreciating the customer service, evolving and growing platform

Cons

It still seems to be being developed as more of a work order tool rather than a financial and parts inventory tool.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kevin B.

Needs Work

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

50/50 when it is working properly it is a great piece of software. When it is not, it is a waste of money

Pros

Functionality and Ease of use. It is simple, user friendly, and basic.

Cons

Software updates and compatibility. The app is not compatible with all phones, specifically Samsung J3 Star and A10e, we use both of these phones company wide and every time an update is sent out, it ceases to function with our phones. Right now, the app will open but when a work order is selected the app remains on a loading screen. I've personally sat for over 45 minutes waiting for it to load and it never did. Also, the customer service/tech support has to give better answers than "its probably your phone", a suggestion or actually trying to troubleshoot the issue would be better than passing the blame.

Jason M.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Well balanced software for the cost vs. features

Reviewed on 2016/09/02

The training guides that comes with the software makes everything easy. Maxpanda is very easy to learn, and people don't need lots of training to get started. Maxpanda allows users to schedule work orders. This is important for users who are not always on seat or users that easily forget. They can easily schedule work orders to make sure everything is done when it is needed to be done. They bring value with each new update. Even if you don't use some of the new features at times, it's nice to know they are constantly improving their product. The live training made it easy for our employees to get used to the software. It has also improved our company's productivity. The mobile phone App is unique. It keeps you up to date and makes sure you don't lose any work orders. Maxpanda has no upfront cost which is really nice.

Very happy with the fast turnaround response time.

Pros

Great mobile app (Android, iPhone, iPad). It's a great investment and a huge alternative to other management softwares. It meets the budget for software compared with other softwares.

What I love most about Maxpanda is the push notifications for new work orders. Getting a push notification when you have a work order is a great feature. It makes sure you never miss any work order.

The ability to access Maxpanda on desktop or smart phone or tablet makes it a unique software. This means you can do whatever you want to do wherever you want to do it.

Cons

Auto emailed reports to admins is not available. Neither is the ability to integrate our accounting package to the database. I believe this is on their roadmap and should be exciting to review it.

Response from Maxpanda Software

Thanks for the 5 star cmms review. It's our pleasure to ensure every cmms user has been 100% trained and updated on all the latest features in Maxpanda CMMS. If you have any further questions please contact [email protected] directly or visit www.maxpanda.com to book a free training session with 1 of our multiple product managers 24/7.

Ryan M.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Max Panda work order system

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

i would say for the price we have had an overall positive experience, but you better be able to figure out the system by yourself or wait a while for help and then expect to spend some time going back and forth explaining yourself to finally get what you need.

Pros

ease of a new hire to figure out how to request a work order.

Cons

1- you cannot delete past/terminated users, it clutters up figuring out who is really using the system
2- when applying notes when changing the status of a request it only goes in to the status change history. most of my staff are too lazy to go in and look at the status change- if you make a status change the notes should be sent via e-mail to let the requester know what happened.
3-tutorials suck, system needs new tutorials to go over every aspect of the system. even though it is a cost effective system, they would stop me from looking at their competitors just because of the back end time i spend trying to figure out how to set up and individualize the system to meet my needs.
4- support sucks- when i need support i need support now! not in some nebulous future when my problem has already been compounded by down time. they need to to implement real time IT or user support. a real human voice/skype/e-mail/ can go along way.
5- graphs and reports- is there any way to really customize them?

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Mitch K.

Great value and excellent solution to business needs.

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Pros

Implementing Maxpanda into our Tourism Business as a site and asset management tool has created countless efficiency gains across all areas of the business. The software provides the perfect balance between being simple enough to be user friendly, whilst providing the more complex functions to meet specific needs. I researched many of the other cloud CMMS solutions available and am extremely happy with the outcome. Before signing up I was concerned about access to customer support however all contact between Maxpanda and our administrator has been of the highest standard for any subscription based cloud service I have used. I highly recommend Maxpanda as a solution.

Cons

We are yet to come across an issue with maxpanda that their support team have not been quick to resolve. If there was any area for improvement it would be in their online library of tutorials to provide access to a more in depth explanation of the full suite of functions.

Response from Maxpanda Software

Thank you very much Mitch for the wonderful review. As you know our software updates surpass our tech writers in documenting new features. Ensure you and your team are registered for the tech newsletter which provides biweekly update notifications on all things Maxpanda CMMS. We are also revamping our blog to support this initiative.

Thanks again,

Maxwell Davidson
Support Analyst
app.maxpanda.com

Phillip L.

An evergrowing software aimed at pleasing the needs of many client types.

Reviewed on 2018/01/22

Cost savings and streamlining of work order processes.

Pros

1. Easy to navigate.
2. Easy to teach to others.
3. Extremely affordable.
4. Quick and personable tech support.
5. Companies willingness to listed to end users needs and add features based on those needs.
6. The web based app is generally reliable and free of major bugs.

Cons

1. Inadequate beta testing before new features are released that sometimes lead to other bugs in the app.
2. Slow performance on the mobile app, sometimes leading to inability to use it.
3. Removal of features or functions without first notifying end users.
4. Needs more advanced reporting and accounting features. To be fair, Maxpanda is actively working on these areas and should implement them this year.
5. Some parts of its inventory processes are convoluted. However, Maxpanda is actively working with us to improve the process and add critical time saving features that simplify it while also adding accountability.
Note: This review should be treated as an ongoing/continual review of the product.

Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Max Panda CMMS

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

We use Max Panda, almost exclusively, for collecting, organizing and assigning work.

Pros

I like web platform. No huge data base to house and manage. The value for cost is great. I also like the ease of submitting and assigning a work order. The app is good too. I like to the ability to enter work orders from the field, right as i see the issues. I also appreciate that our field staff can view the work order almost as soon as it is approved.
Max Panda is very versatile and can do much more than I have time to implement.

Cons

Max Panda is very versatile and can do much more than I have time to implement. Although I can see the useful aspects of the modules, the inventory and parts management portions are not as user friendly for me and do not get used as they should.
I would like to be able to create invoices for work that we perform to send out to our customers.

Edna H.
Industry: Hospitality

can't think of a better software to use for my daily work!

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

Pros

you can track work orders easily. I use this to see what is currently going on in each department and can see statistics on each work order. very easy to maneuver around the website, customer service is always very quick to respond through email. there used to be glitches every once in a while, while filling out a work order (specifically while picking some items from the drop down menu) but that was quickly resolved and fixed! the maxpanda app is also easy to use, especially for our housekeeping team and any other department that is out on the field and can't access their computers. overall, I definitely recommend maxpanda, especially for daily use.

Cons

slight learning curve but very easy to use once you get familiarized with the program.

Dwayne B.
Industry: Textiles

Small Business Perspective

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

We now have a complete asset list and PM's are not being forgotten. PM's are done with proper written guidance to personnel.

Pros

Once you get familiar with it, you can keep track of a lot of instant data. It does a great job of alerting everyone involved on a timely basis.

Cons

I can not find a good manual-type of help for screens and looking up things, such as copying asset info or PM schedule to start a new one. As far as I can figure out, I have to start from scratch and reenter all data for an identical or similar asset/process. The help screen is not expansive or detailed enough. We also need more basic specific reports such as overdue WO's in specified time frames. The last thing is that PM's do not start countdown to the next PM, from the date completed. This sometimes causes 6 month PM's to turn into 2 or 3 month PM's because of a hold period or downtime between PM's. Timers should start only when a WO is completed/closed.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2018/09/23

Our work orders and PM tasks don't slip between the "cracks". They may not get done, but they are still on the list.

Pros

We use the software just for the work orders and Pm tasks. It allows work order communication between all the maintenance employees.

Cons

There are many other functions that "clog" up the views, like payroll tracking and simple accounting function which should be tracked by other systems. These functions don't allow full integration between payroll systems and accounting so for us it would mean double entry and that's not worth the extra time it takes. I wish we could turn some of these items off. There is an inventory function which we would like to use but it doesn't work the way we need it to.

Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great tool for improving customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Keeps our work orders from getting lost in the paperwork. Don't like the inventory portion, would also like to turn off certain functions of the software. To me it's getting "bloated" with alot of functions that don't seem functional.

Pros

We just use the work orders and PM's. Very easy to use these portions of the software. Our maintenance crew finds the software very functional as well. Keeps our work orders in front of us.

Cons

I don't like all the other stuff they pack into this software, would be nice if these other options could be turned off. Would like the inventory part to work better but I guess we are the only ones. Overall, good for the price.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

William S.
Industry: Education Management

Speed and efficiency

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

Works well but sometime freezes up and you have to power down and reboot plus I’ve forgotten my password at times so the process gets extended longer.

Pros

The ability to input data and reduce paperwork but the amount of time wasted in moving between various screens is unreal , if there was a screen for just staff with all the work order numbers you could input at the end of the day each workorder’s time spent without going back and forth thru each screen to access the staff screen for that work order , this would save a ton of time and money plus frustration.

Cons

Explained above! How it could be more effective

Linn D.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Greatly satisfied with slight reservations

Reviewed on 2017/01/06

Everything about Maxpanda in the form of communication is perfect. I can stay in close communication with my supervisors and co-workers. I enjoy the feature of being able to up-load a picture to further describe the job and it's detail. I would like to have more training of all of Maxpanda features. There is only one issue that is a little frustrating is that I cannot delete items in an inventory list. I have expressed my concern with and it has been explained that while it cannot be deleted an item can be archived. This in the overall scheme of things is not that big of deal.

Pros

Ease of upload of pictures

Cons

Not being able to delete some items

Response from Maxpanda Software

Hello Linn, great comments and feedback. Thank you so much! In terms of the deletion of items, we maintain your history in the cloud as long as you are a client. Deleting history would cause reporting discrepancies and so we archive and not delete :)

Our new help files are going live soon with more video tutorials and we hope to get positive feedback on them shortly.

Once again we hope Oregon State University continues it's success with Maxpanda CMMS and look forward to working with you for a long time.

Jerry D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Maxpanda has made my life much easier

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

We operate a multi-facility, multi-location campus and Maxpanda allows me to maintain all equipment and facilities with record of all repairs, failures, end-of-life, etc. This package is an exceptional value.

Pros

This software captures all the pertinent information I need as a Facility Director. I can track the work being done, hours associated with it along with a history of all the equipment and facility repairs. You can't find a package that is loaded with so many features for the price.

Cons

I would like to track actual vehicle repairs and such without having to rename or program certain aspects to make it work for me.

John F.
Industry: Construction

Great Application

Reviewed on 2016/08/07

Have been using Maxpanda for a few years now and the software gets better every single month. The only thing stopping me giving it the full 5 stars across the board is that there are a few features that are still not quite ready but which I know are on the way.

Pros

Very cost effective compared to other software. Great customer service. Software development is constant and rapid so no hanging around for a year waiting for new features.

Cons

No purchase order module (although I know this is being worked on for release shortly).

Response from Maxpanda Software

Awesome review John! Thanks a bunch. And yes, the PO module is on it's way by the end of the fall.

Ray J.

A CMMS that is poised to shake up the industry for what you get for what you pay.

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

Pros

While the software company is relatively young compared to other systems that have been around the block a few times, MaxPanda has probably 80% of the features that the big guns have but for a fraction of the cost. The decision for people to make is if the missing 20% is worth all that extra money. For some, they may not be able to operate well with some of the missing features. For others like my organization, the cost-benefit made sense for us to use MaxPanda.

The other reason I like this company is that they have adopted an agile method of software development. Literally every month they are releasing new features and improvements. They are one of the few companies that regularly prove that they deliver what and when they promise something. They also do listen to their customers. If you have a feature request that makes good business sense (i.e. win-win for both parties), they will likely put it on their R&D list.

Cons

Cons are some missing features you might find in the larger, more established (and expensive) CMMS software such as predictive maintenance, customizable graphical dashboards, comprehensive energy management, facilities management, and capital planning.

Victor P.

Great software, really filled a hole in our customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Pros

We just use the work orders and preventative maintenance sections. We've found that it helps us keep our work orders from falling through the cracks.

Cons

There are so many additions that have been added that don't make any sense and that we will never use. It would be nice if we could turn some of this off and not have to work around them.

Response from Maxpanda Software

Great feedback Victor. Our end goal is to allow each client to turn on/off features they would like to use on a daily basis. Unfortunately we require to build the new items 1st, implement them for live usability with our global customers and then finally analyse what features they use or not to create the on/off switches. This should be implemented by the end of this year.

Again, thanks for the quality feedback and support!