KanbanFlow

4,5 (57)
Lean project management, simplified

Scott E.

The best kanban flow experience, and flexible enough to do just about anything!

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

This is the best way to visualize tasks and manage work flow. By having an ongoing list in things to do today, any of my team members can go in and pull a task into "Doing Now" - that + pomodoro timers that assign to each task means I can literally see where all the time in my day goes, and visually see how things are moving through the pipeline.

Pros

KanbanFlow is an amazing piece of software, and truly flexible for whatever you need it for. It allows you to visually manage any process, but our company uses it most heavily to monitor our WIP (work in progress) and to manage tasks across multiple users.

This allows us to take a quick snapshot of what's being worked on now, what needs to be done today/this week/this month. It also allows us to create an overall work flow ranging from this minute to strategy coming in the next months.

We have also used it to track deals in our pipeline but we ultimately switched that to Hubspot CRM because that includes deal values and forecasting while still retaining the Kanban Board aspect.

Probably the best part though, and the reason I always come back to KanbanFlow instead of any other Kanban Board is the pomodoro timer. This is the best place ever to use a pomodoro timer for a few reasons:

1) You can assign your pomodoro timer to specific tasks, so it's incredibly easy to later look back and see I spent 5 hours 20 minutes on this task.
2) You can look at your pomodoro statistics. I have no idea how much work I did today until I look at my pomodoro statistics and compare them to how well I normally do.

Cons

Nothing really, it does its job well. I do wish it had a mobile app instead of just a web interface, would encourage me to use it more on my phone.

David O.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

A Great Kanban Board for Starters

Reviewed on 2021/05/05

KanbanFlow has helped us track our time and manage projects effectively.

Pros

KanbanFlow is free and easy to use. We decided to use KanbanFlow instead of tracking projects in Excel and it was a great decision.

Cons

The program is not feature rich so there are likely more robust tools on the market. However, for people starting with tools like this, simplicity can be a good thing.

Kanbanize

Reasons for Choosing KanbanFlow

We needed a project management tool which could be edited and viewed online

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to KanbanFlow

We wanted to try a free offering first
  • Industry: Chemicals

Kanbanflow is a great activity management tool.

Reviewed on 2021/12/10

The experience is great with this software that only optimizes and organizes the workday routine. All the activities to be performed on the day, week and month are highlighted and it helps to always maintain the commitment to do everything correctly.

Pros

Kanbanflow has been helping me every day to keep my development activities and projects organized and up to date, mainly in complying with the requirements and schedules carried out by me and management. I really like the internet, the menus, and the easy way it is to insert and edit the activities within the projects in the tool. It is very useful and speeds up business and organization.

Cons

Kanbanflow software could improve and enhance more project time management capabilities. There are details that can improve from reminders and alerts as well.

Sam G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Lightweight and Free to Use Kanban

Reviewed on 2020/01/24

It is has been a positive tool for organising my personal workload and communicating it with my team

Pros

The product is free and it is simple. It's lightweight, multi user nature makes it easy for teams and users of varying competency with IT

Cons

The swimlanes are a paid feature which are a nice to have but not critical. You also can't move completed tasks any past date you wish. But these are not big deals

Microsoft Teams, Asana and Trello

Free and simple
Shajid U.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great workflow organizer tool

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Great experience

Pros

Easy to use, great interface, managing workflow is made easy

Cons

all works well, user experience is great

monday.com and Jira

Easy to use, better kanban tool than Jira or Monday.com
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

KanbanFlow - one of the best Kanban's on the market

Reviewed on 2021/09/05

I really liked KanbanFlow, but as a person who thinks that sync between mobile and desktop is crucial - I guess it's not the best software on the market. Although, if you are a person, who doesn't need this sync and focuses only on the desktop -> go for it and give it a try.

Pros

I've used KanbanFlow for about 2 years both for work and study. This task manager is extremely easy to use and offers a lot of options. It's classic design is also a big plus, especially for people who think that less is more in this kind of software. The customized Kanban boards are really easy to use and edit, which allows you to simply change your current plan and adapt it.

Cons

The sync between desktop and mobile is average, sometimes I would say bad, especially because KanbanFlow didn't have mobile app when I was using it (it only provided a mobile friendly website, which wasn't so good - it lagged a lot and it is the main reason I'm not using KanbanFlow anymore, although it's a solid software).

Gabriel C.

Fast tool for managing Agile teams

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

We've used this tool (both the free variant and paid subscription) for managing multiple projects in the past. The software is extremely user friendly and everyone from developers to clients loved it.
KanbanFlow is heavily oriented on managing large numbers of concurrent work-in-progress tasks (Kanban), so it's dashboard is a collection of swim-lanes depicting the current progress. It allows for registering individual user accounts and assigning these to Agile boards.

The developers loved it as it is extremely simple to create a task, to update it's status or to record work.
The management & clients liked that they got an easy overview of everything that was getting worked on.

The paid subscription, while adding additional functionality and removing some of the limitations, is mostly focused on reports creation and task analytics - the latter was especially appreciated since it makes it easy to highlight time-hogging stories or tasks.

All-in-all this was immensely helpful for agile teams; more so when looking at the pricing - while KanbanFlow does not come with all the bells and whistles, it provides a solid feature set for a fraction of the price of other Agile trackers (e.g.: JIRA)

Pros

- Lightweight interface focused on speed, that manages to provide all functionality up-front
- Easy to log work hours & easy to export reports
- Task management can be easily grouped on multiple boards & teams
- It's (paid) analytics feature does provide valuable management information.

Cons

- The free option lacks the possibility to integrate with other mainstream software (however the paid version works with many various services)
- Does not allow for on-premises installation, all information is stored on their own servers/cloud.
- Workflow customizations are not possible.

Ronald L.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Productivity boosted!

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

KanbanFlow helped us organize a large set of tasks for a team of 19 people. Management also was able to create their own boards so we can keep track of different situations and on different levels. We never encountered problems setting up accounts and the site is always available and stable. We would be lost without it at this point! Users can activate e-mail notifications when a task is assigned to them which is useful if you ever have a reluctant users that says too much "I wasn't checking the board during the day".

Pros

*How easy and intuitive it is even for people that has never used something similar
*Includes so many useful features that have covered so far all situations we have encountered to keep track of the tasks
*Allows to manage different boards which is awesome for management
*Setting up accounts is quicker than you can imagine
*Makes you stay so organized that it's impossible to stop using it
*Stays efficient even with large teams

Cons

*Doesn't allow me to remove the colors I'm not using on the bottom legend without entering the settings menu. Just a little detail that could be easily implemented.
*There's no role in the boards that allowd users to only see it without editing rights. I guess it's linked to the concept of the metodology but it's been needed in a few opportunities.

Rick P.

My favorite Kanban webapp

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

All the basics of Kanban are available in the free tier. For a freelancer working with a single client, as I've done in the past, the free tier is probably all you need to get things done. I used Kanban Flow extensively for about 20 client projects, and then started using Slack. I've recently come back to KF, however, because it's much easier to stay focused and see how far you need to go to finish.

Free tier includes unlimited boards, and that's awesome.

The webapp is wicked fast on Chrome. I mean really really fast.

Premium tier is fairly priced.

Powerful premium features.

The app gets lots of attention from devs and is updated frequently.

Cons

Administration of boards is a bit tedious, requiring several clicks, and then clicks back to start over with a fresh board.

I can't find any way to increase the font size, other than zoom in Chrome.

Advanced functionality isn't free, and I imagine if you're a business with more than a couple team members, you'll need the premium tier.

Jamie W.

Easy to use but powerful Kanban tool

Reviewed on 2021/06/21

Love it, use it every day and couldn't be without it.

Pros

Very easy to use with simple features that allow a lot of collaboration, customisation and easy to view tasks from across the team. Sub-tasks, reminders and file sharing make this tool a great asset to our stack.

Cons

The UI is a little dated, and the lack of dedicated mobile app makes this access a bit limiting when on the move.

Daniel W.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Excellent and Easy to Use Kanban product

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

I have so far only used the free version, but I have thought many times I should buy the premium version if for no other reason than to support this great company and product. But with the free version I have all I need. I just use this for personal use. Where I currently work, they're already invested in Atlassian JIRA, so I can't influence them to purchase KanbanFlow, but if I am ever at another company or job where it comes up, I would enthusiastically recommend KanbanFlow. (Because compared to JIRA, KanbanFlow is so much easier and faster to use). I use this to track my Personal To-Do's and to track my Work To-Do's. I'm a software developer and when I get hot and heavy on a large complex project, I break down the work into tasks on cards, and it helps me organize and focus so much more. It's very easy to set up a board and add cards to it. I use the subtask checklist a lot, and I sometimes use the color coding too. It's so easy to move cards around the board. I haven't needed or tried to track history on a card, or track time, but those features (especially the time) seem to be available. The mobile website is great too, and I am able to move cards around or add/edit cards using chrome browser on my andriod phone, and it works surprisingly well.

Pros

Easy to use and fast. Setting up a board, adding entries to it, moving them around, is incredibly easy, intuitive, and fast.

Cons

Adding labels is a little slow. I wish I could add labels to cards more quickly and easily. As a result, I don't use the labelling feature much.

Ling ling L.
  • Industry: Publishing

Free version works great as a daily to-do list if you work online

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

Planning vertically (aka using a vertical list) seems to work better for me so I was glad to be introduced to Kanban Flow, and that they offer a permanent free version since, at first, I just wanted to test it out -- I've been using it ever since.

Pros

These are based on the free version.
* Offers free and premium version (the free version works great for me)
* Acts like a vertical to-do list
* Offers different colors so you can color code if you'd like
* Offers the ability to add subtasks
* Can set multiple reminders
* Can be shared with other users.
* Links are hyperlinked.

Cons

These cons are limited to the free version.
* Different colors are offered but the options are limited.
* The default "In Progress" section always expands each task automatically when you first sign on or refresh the page.
* Reports aren't available if you don't use pomodoro (there is a log though that shows up to the past 14 days).
* I tend to end up only using the "In Progress" column as a running to-do list.
* Can't attach files in the free version.
* It'd be nice if we could add sub-sub tasks.

A very simple kanban board.

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

The free plan has no limit on the user which is a great feature for me. My team can have unlimited time boards and tasks. I highly recommended kanbanflow.

Pros

After using kanban boards I felt like it solves every problem in my work. I like the simplicity of kanbanflow which helps me to create a board that helps organise my projects and save so unnecessary work.
When working in a team I prefer to get all the latest info, and when I saw the board I can see all the latest updates from my team.
A time tracker is something very essential for me. I already have used half a dozen time tracker.
The free plans have no limit on user nor time.

Cons

I don't like the reporting, which is a bit complicated.

Trello

Time tracking.

Great and easy-to-use software that helps me stay organized at work every day.

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

It helps me stay very organized and on top of things with big and little tasks at work. Whenever I remember something that I still have to do I'll just quickly add a reminder or task for myself or the team in the appropriate column. That way I never forget anything I have to do and stay productive.

Pros

I love the simplicity of the design and how easy it is to use overall. It is exactly what I would expect from a software that helps me be productive and keep my workflow organized. It's incredibly easy and convenient to quickly add a tasks or reminder, even on the busiest of days, so it won't slip your mind. And I love the flow of columns you can move your tasks through as you're trying to get things done.

Cons

I think the actual design is a bit dated, I just don't love the look of the software as much compared to what else is out there.

Kathy V.

Free version review: Extremely Nice for Free

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Pros

Setting up the boards and using them is extremely easy to do. I have used it for client work - to keep track of the time I have spend on each aspect of each project and this has been very useful for that.

Cons

I am working with the free version - and so this might be available in the pro - but I would really like to have my tasks auto populate onto my MacBook calendar so I can coordinate tasks with meetings and the rest of my planning.

Jeff S.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great but light on features

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

It has been my personal and work task list for the last few years. It has been very useful at keeping me organized and focused.

Pros

It is simple to use. My favorite part is the built-in timer on the bottom left. This is great for pomodoro time management.

Cons

You can add a checklist to a kanban card but you can't put subchecklists inside of a checkbox. I often like to break out complex tasks with further levels of detail and this would be a nice way to do it.

Leanne M.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Clarity for daily workflow

Reviewed on 2020/02/01

Great to assign task for staff so when they arrive for the day the communication of any additional task is there in their Kanbanflow ready. Team member can be given clear instructions from one console without being on site.

Pros

The software is set out so that you can see clearly what tasks are assigned for the day. By assigning tasks with Avatars and colour codes team members can clearly see the tasks they need to undertake for the day making the workflow pattern for the day run with ease.

Cons

You can't see an overview of all the boards on a whole screen.

Vivek G.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easiest Beginner Kanban tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/24

Pros

This is the best tool if you are just starting out as a project manager. This is so easy to use with beautiful UI and UX. Looks good on desktop and mobile devices. I loved its time tracking feature and Pomodoro statistics kept me motivated.

Cons

Although I was very happy with it the main thing i missed was limited integrations with other software. Most of the integration was API and webhook based which is not easy to implement for a non-technical user. Yes we can use Zapier but it has its own monthly cost seperately.

• Industry: Higher Education

Fantastic Swimlanes!

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Clear visual project management and excellent time keeping tracker for each task

Pros

Kanban flow is a visually pleasing and ever expanding process app. I use it for all my project management and especially love the pomidork timer function. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software

Fabio G.

Been using it daily for two years

Reviewed on 2021/01/08

My third Chrome Tab every day

Pros

Easy, flexible, you can create your own board, one that works for you. I think this is the best feature a software like this can have.

Cons

Sometimes items in my backlog drop to the bottom, don't know why... not a big deal

• Industry: Media Production

Agile Kanban Board

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Kanbanflow is really a very good alternative to the current project management system.
The main feature sets are free of cost and price per user is also very cheap. Integration with other applications is also available.

Pros

As a kanban board, it is just a very sleek looking board. I love how simply I can visualise my plans to the customer and involve them in the workflow.
The board is super easy, with sorting it is really simple to get all the work by day.
Time tracking is a feature that is not so useful as we do work at the site and just add the work status to this field. But when editing photo or video it came alive and give a solution for tracking billable time.
I am not a fan of task limiting but subtask and taking a break is just as we need a lot of hydration and sometimes we suffer from dehydration.

Cons

Filter and tags needed to be improved to sort and get all the task according to the specific tag are essential for my work.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Go to application tool for project management

Reviewed on 2020/11/13

Pros

It's an amazing tool to have for cross collaboration across R&D, production, business, and management, for project development. It helps in accessing the timeliness of a project, much before it reaches different gate stages. It also helps in reducing vagueness and responsibility amongst team members.

Cons

It is not ideally suited for shop floor workers due to the inherent complexity of the software, who sometimes have a larger role in project completion , and are, unfortunately, not included in the deployment of the software tool.

Daniel N.
  • Industry: Furniture
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Basic Kanban Tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

I wanted to experiment with kanban task boards, and this was a great initial platform. I have since moved on to using another product with more features, but kanbanflow is definitely worth looking into for a basic, easy-to-use solution.

Pros

Compared to other kanban software, this one is really simple and easy to use. Get rid of the sticky notes on a whiteboard and use this instead!

Very easy learn and start using.

I used the free version, which was great for my needs. However, you can also go on subscription to get the full raft of available features.

Cons

If you are looking for a kanban with lots and lots of features, you may find kanbanflow a bit lacking. It's real strength is its straightforward and easy-to-use design.

Josh L.

Stellar task manager, better than Trello

Reviewed on 2019/02/02

I am using this now as my full-time task manager. It does two things very well: simply lays out all of your cards, and allows you to time your work on each of your tasks. I like that the pomodoro timer isn't "fake". It is tied to whatever task you are working on, and you can easily switch tasks mid-pomodoro, and the appropriate time is logged to each task. So at the end of the week I can see by color, by label etc how much time I spent on everything.

I only have two minor gripes. One is that the UI is starting to get dated, the other is that recurring tasks show up again after you mark them complete. This is not a bug or anything, its just annoying to see it pop right up again. It feels like I was robbed of my gold star of completion. For now, I have an external system setup instead, on a cron job. So these tasks get posted to the API and show up on the board.

Pros

I liked the pomodoro timer as well as the simple layout.

Cons

Completed recurring tasks get put immediately back onto the board. Would love the option to hide them until near the time it recurs.

Bruno C.

KanbanFlow is a great tool with a great price

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Pros

It's free version already comes with valuable functions. It's board view is easy and great to handle project tasks with support to collaboration and time tracking functionalities.

Cons

It repeat task functionality could be better, showing just what is next to be done, but it only show all the future tasks, which make some tasks to appear in the wrong time.