William T.

Manages our support inboxes with ease!

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Pros

Groove does what it sets out to in the most simple and easy to use manner. Shared Inboxes allow teams working on programs to efficiently respond to members. Coming from emails request with multiple recipients we ran into a lot of collision (having multiple agents respond simultaneously), but now you can see when/if a message has been answered and even when another agent is reviewing or responding IN REAL-TIME! Not to mention canned-replies allow teams to hone responses to common questions and agents can send accurate answers, consistently!

Cons

Searching for closed requests can be difficult, especially when searching for a particular issue. You can use tags, however it would require tagging every message, consistently while predicting queries necessary in the future.

Josh T.

Useful and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

We are helping to solve the issues that clients get when using their websites. It's been a great way to keep on top of problems that are being reported.

Pros

It is good to keep track of all the support requests that we get in. It's a great way to keep on top of issues reported by clients.

Cons

The user interface can be slow sometimes to use, but I think they are doing a refresh soon so hopefully that will solve it.

Lo M.

Great look, needs some work on search and reporting

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

We initially chose Groove because we found it really easy to use, it didn't feel robotic and clunky from to our customers, you guys offered simple and easy tagging, and the promise of the added snooze feature. Those things have been great for us and I think has made our move to Groove a step above email.
There is a lot of room for improvement in a couple of areas I can see. First would be search - I find Groove's search functionality slow and clunky. Almost every time I need to search for something, I find myself going back to Gmail and since this is something I do daily, I always need to have the account open in Groove and in Gmail. Our hope in this switch was to completely get out of email and the search functionality has made that impossible. I love being able to use the search operators Google has and if they're available in Groove as well I have not figured out how to get them to work. Additionally, the time frames I can search are very limiting.
I have also found the reporting to be lackluster. We want to use this to help make our product better and we use tags on our messages to help keep track of what our customers are writing in about. It is helpful to see how many times each tag has been added to a message but that doesn't really give me the whole picture. I need to be able to see the messages themselves, which leads me back to the search function, and because the tags don't translate back into Gmail I'm stuck with the search available.

If all I wanted to do was answer customer emails quickly in a pretty environment, Groove will get the job done without an issue. Because we're trying to use customer support to make our product better, I think there is a bit of a disconnect.

There are a couple smaller bugs I see regularly but haven't been bothersome enough to write into support. For example, if I make a typo when I'm typing a tag in and backspace, then I am no longer able to use my arrow keys to navigate up and down the auto-complete list.

Pros

Pretty, easy to get new people on and teach them how to use the basic functions, tagging is super easy

Cons

Search, snooze options are limiting and need to be available when I'm composing a message, reporting

Luca S.

The best customer helpdesk

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

I like the simple, beautiful dashboard. There are many features such as tagging, folders, and all that kind of stuff, but I rarely use them. They also have a knowledge base which looks good and can be set up in less than a minute.

Pros

Especially after Groove published their new, intuitive dashboard, Groove is the most simple and beautiful solution, while also affordable especially for small to medium teams.

Cons

There are a few minor bugs, but you almost never notice them. Plus, their support team is super helpful with those, and they let you know as soon as it's fixed. Also, invoices can't be sent per email which is cumbersome for tax purposes.

Response from Groove Networks

Thank you for your review, Luca! We really appreciate your feedback and are glad that you like the new Groove 2.0!

Ronald P.

Love the company and the product

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

Great blog and support from Groove. I've learned a lot about providing great customer service to my clients.

Pros

It is easy to use and fits my need as a small company. It just fits that we can use email for support and use Groove as a way to manage that interaction. The knowledgeable is very helpful for us.

Cons

There are features I don't use but no complaints.

Response from Groove Networks

Thanks for your Capterra review, Ronald! We are happy to hear that you found not only the product helpful but also the blog :)

Eric S.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best Customer Support Service for Startups

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

We've been using Groove for 2 years, and it has never disappointed. From answering our very first customer support questions before our product launched, to a full team of 8 reps actively using, it has all of the features and simplicity to meet you wherever your organization is.

Pros

The company lives and breathes customer support. You can see it in their product, but the blog and product support are amazing extensions.

Cons

No mobile app yet..

Jacki G.

Best Tool I use!

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

Easy to navigate and organize messages, love the accuracy when dealing with customer and that it integrates to my Slack

Cons

Wish it was easier to toggle between assigned users, now it is difficult to respond then have to go back in to reassign.

Ash K.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Longing for more features and better metrics

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Much better than simply using e-mail for support. It allows us to track some basic metrics and keeps things orderly.

Pros

Groove is easy to use and has a clean interface. It's quite simple to make additions to both canned responses and your knowledge base. You can make rules to send things to various folders, which is nice. It has integration with our NPS software (Delighted).

Cons

Groove lacks a significant amount of features. You can only view metrics based on pre-determined periods of time and you cannot adjust on a custom range. You have no easy way to view how many tickets an agent answered in the prior day. You can't pull random tickets for QC. You can't add tags to your knowledge base articles. Agent collision happens regularly and there is no "play" button to automatically go from ticket to ticket. There isn't an easy way to prioritize customers by spend. You can't set "office hours" so that you'll automatically send a different auto-reply based on whether you're in the office or not.

Lana D.
  • Industry: Photography

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2017/01/04

Love Groove! It's made it much more simple to set up and operate our customer service emails! Love love love!

Pros

It's easy to use! Doesn't have hard to operate features and systems like Desk.com did.

Cons

There are still some features that could use some tweaking. (It would be nice to undo a merge.)

Kate M.
  • Industry: Publishing

Groove is very intuitive and makes it easy to answer a lot of tickets in not a lot of time.

Reviewed on 2017/11/21

Pros

I love the canned responses, the integration with our help center, and the ability to merge tickets.

Cons

The "undo send" feature doesn't always work when I need it to. It also sometimes provides random names for our users, so I always have to double check that I'm addressing the right name.

David K.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Decent entry-level support system if you don't have much need for advanced features

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Good support system at a reasonable price for teams looking just for basic support features. You could use more advanced systems, like Zendesk, but it may be overkill for many teams.

Pros

Created by an incredible company with a wonderful CEO who writes some great articles about business and entrepreneurship. It's the perfect support/ticketing tool for small businesses. Canned replies make it simple to send automatic replies to people. Also some features like filtering make the process easy too.

Cons

It's built for small businesses, so tools like Zendesk offer much more flexibility and advanced features as a business grows. The report is basic and sometimes inaccurate. The feature set is lacking when you grow to a 20+ person team.

Matthew T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Groove HQ Online Help Desk

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

Groove is a powerful tool that any startup team should have. It's incredibly easy to learn. Don't be fooled by its ease of use and simple design though.

I've used many similar products before, but Groove surpasses them all. It makes it seamless to communicate with my team and my company's clients. Groove eliminates cluttered inboxes and makes managing multiple tasks simultaneously a piece of cake.

Pros

Simple design, and easy to learn.

Cons

No real cons, but when searching for tickets it could be easier to see what is open, and what is closed.

Mark F.

I so want this to be better!

Reviewed on 2017/01/04

I really like what Groove is all about as a company and what the product claims to be...Sadly, it falls well short of expectations.

Saminu E.

I loved how Groove works/

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Pros

I got to use Groove for some months before the company I work for decided to switch to another software. I've never had a single issue using Groove and I missed it.

Cons

None that I know of. Groove is a really cool software.

Chris D.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Decent helpdesk software

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Great tool overall. Improves our response time.

Pros

Good UI - clean, simple
East to use

Cons

Nothing negatvie I can think of currently. More integrations possibly needed.

Elissa B.

Great Value

Reviewed on 2017/01/04

Groove was the cleanest support desk we found -- it had all the basics we needed without tons of unnecessary features. It's easy to use and the customer support is really good.

Kelechi S.
  • Industry: Online Media

Groove review

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Pros

Groove is a great landing page builder for both experts and beginners

Cons

It's not easy to navigate around the software. It's complicated. But thanks to their nice customer service; they always reply

Valeria J.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 2018/01/08

Eric G.
  • Industry: Accounting

Groove Works, It's Easy to Use, and I LOVE IT!

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

I use Groove integrated with Wordpress on several sites, live chat with Olark, Slack and my favorite is capturing social media all in one place. The tight integration between the knowledge base feature and the ticketing system is also a favorite of mine. They've taken the complexity of other systems out and left in all the features. I have tried them all, and as a consultant at 74 Systems helping accounting and other professional services companies with marketing, technology, workflow and automation, I've recommended and implemented the other "big industry names" in many different circumstances. Not anymore! Since I've been a Groove user, I've never had to look elsewhere and my time to delivery is a fraction of what it once was and my clients LOVE the simplicity and power of the product. Win, win, win.

Pros

Groove is really easy to use and does the job that far more complex systems do, better. It really makes the process of building and managing a ticketing system and a knowledge base easy. The integrations with Wordpress are really slick and the add on integrations with Slack and live chat support are just awesome. It's the ideal blend of performance, capability, integration, and function. It just works and it's a pleasure to use.

Cons

Mobile can be a bit challenging but it's gotten better over time.

Ling ling L.
  • Industry: Publishing

Groove keeps both the customer and the employee in mind

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

Groove is an excellent customer service support platform because it makes sharing and discussing cases much easier in a convenient manner. Groove allows for internal notes, auto-fills in emails if you've emailed that specific individual before, allows for merging cases, alarms, different statuses, different mailboxes within the same interface, and much more. Groove also makes use of color coding for the different features available, such as yellow for internal notes.

Groove also allows for multiple users to be logged on Groove at the same time, which allows multiple users to view the same ticket -- a feature that was missing from a different support platform I've tried previously.

Groove's own customer support is also extremely friendly and responsive, and they're great at keeping you updated. I especially enjoy reading the articles from their blog!

Pros

* Multiple users able to be logged in at the same time
* Notes feature
* Merging ability
* Customizable settings by user
* Multiple mailboxes
* Tracker
* App integration
* Friendly and very responsive support team (quick to fix bugs)

Cons

* It'd be nice if the Notes feature also had the rich text formatting options available (you can use them if you copy/paste though).
* It'd be nice if we could minimize past emails in a thread so we don't have to scroll through them all each time.

Kirsten P.

Fueled by Happiness Rating

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

Pros

What I like most about Groove is the ability to integrate so many things into it. For instance, when a customer reaches out to us I am able to see all of their account information right in groove.

Cons

The thing I like the least about Groove is being unable to set tickets to pending. This is a functionality that was replaced by a "Snooze" feature in Groove 2.0. I think it says a lot about a product that the thing I like the least was replaced by a potentially better feature that I just need to get used to and determine how to make work for my needs.

Response from Groove Networks

Hi Kirsten,

we really appreciate your positive feedback. Thank you for sharing it! Regarding replacement of "pending" with "snooze", we know that it's not easy to get used to a change especially if you were using specific feature on a daily basis. We hope that, in a long-term, you will see the benefit of snooze which gives you more flexibility than pending. Did you get a chance to try the new "indefinite snooze" feature? When you snooze a conversation indefinitely, no re-open time is set, and it will stay snoozed until a user ¿unsnoozes¿ manually or changes the status back to open/close. It serves the same purpose as the "pending" status.

Brendon B.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Simplified ticketing for small teams

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

Groove has some great features: Mailboxes (with assigned teams) with incoming email addresses for different topics, canned replies, tagging, assignment, email notifications. The interface is intuitive even for my veteran staff, and the Zapier integration is a bonus!

Cons

Groove lacks customizable embeddable web forms, so you are stuck with their big green "?" or a workaround via email Zapier. Reporting could be better - more details helps managers make better-informed judgements about staff performance.

Great way to organize tickets and split them among a support team

Reviewed on 2018/03/31

Pros

I like how easy it is to apply and filter tickets by tags, and the built-in snooze function to bring back tickets you can't answer at the present but don't want to forget about.

Cons

Seems to be laggy/buggy as email load increases to significant levels: the unread ticket count doesn't sync/can lag behind the actual unread ticket count.

Fraser D.

Groove is nice and simple, but lacks one key feature

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Pros

- very easy to use, and makes resolving issues quick and painless
- collaboration is simplified, and the ability to customize tickets is useful

Cons

- reporting. Groove has it, but it is very limited in its functionality. there's no way of monitoring progress or tracking actions

Robert L.

Great way to handle day to day customer issues

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Pros

The email integration is perfect and it's fairly simple to get used to. The ability to create different templates to use is a huge time-saver.

Cons

The edit field for emails is pretty wonky and can get frustrating if you like to write and then go back to edit. Otherwise great.