Airbrake Reviews

Airbrake

Bug and error tracking software

4.7/5 (26 reviews)
Bryan M.

My Favorite Error Tracker for Webapps

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Airbrake has made error tracking easy for us and I enjoy that the interface and feature set continue to improve over the years.

Pros

Airbrake is one of the items on our checklist to setup with every new webapp we create. The setup is fast and it provides immediate value. Being able to receive an email for a new error that comes in is indispensable.

Cons

I would like to see Airbrake integrate with Kanbanery as that is our agile project management tool of choice. It does already integrate with Trello and Pivotal Tracker. Finally, while we use Airbrake on all of our apps, we do not always upgrade to a paid plan as it is simply more than we need. If Airbrake had one more lower tier paid option, then we would consider upgrading more apps to paid plans.

Rich K.

Airbrake is a great error monitoring product

Reviewed on 2017/04/10

We rely on Airbrake for additional production and test environment monitoring of app exceptions. By linking Airbrake error alerts to HipChat notifications, we get great high-level alerts whenever an error happens, right in our team chat room. It's easy to drill down into the error details with the UI. We also use the Comments feature of the Airbrake errors to reduce bystander effect among team members -- no comment means nobody triaged the issue.

Pros

Great UI, easy to drill into the errors. It's great how they roll up errors of similar types intelligently. The "Occurrences" view is especially helpful, to know which errors are infrequent and which deserve higher attention.

Joseph Z.

Bots, and plugins, and cache invalidation, oh my!

Reviewed on 2017/03/30

Airbrake has been amazing. We were able to get it installed, configured, tested, and deployed to two applications in about 30 minutes thanks to their open-source packages and concise documentation. We were even able to update Airbrake with information about our releases (git commit #) so we knew exactly what version of the code we were running when a problem began.

We went from being overwhelmed with noisy, pointless, and ultimately ignored exception emails to getting just a few clean and concise notifications. Logging into the site gives you access to a plethora of additional information, as well as an "aggregations" tab that shows the commonality between logically grouped exceptions.

We set up a WordPress blog (there's a plugin!) and an aging ASP MVC site. We had initially assumed that the exceptions would be "dumbed down" to the lowest common denominator, but we were pleasantly surprised to see that each product included platform specific information. Everything is neatly organized and visualized so that it's easy and intuitive to make sense of the mass of information. With roughly 30 minutes of setup we were finally able to pinpoint an issue that we had been speculating about for months. (Bots, and plugins, and cache invalidation, oh my!)

Finally, it's obvious that Airbrake has put a lot of effort and attention into user experience. The interface is so clean, concise, and understandable that it's oddly tempting to show off.

Airbrake is easy to setup, smartly alerts, smartly organizes, is a pleasure to use, and we strangely want to show off our exceptions...5 stars!

Pros

Easy to setup
Reduces email alerts
Smartly organizes
We love showing it off

Cons

I wish it would fix the exceptions too :)

Spencer R.

Powerful and easy to use! Plus, a great ROI

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

Airbrake has been used by other teams in my organizations for quite some time. My team and I were building a new Rails application and we decided to include Airbrake for error reporting.

Using Airbrake was one of the best decisions we made and here's why:
tl;dr - Installation, configuration, and integration were all painless. My only request is to expand supported integrations to more and different systems (New Relic, in our case).

1) App integration: "Installing" Airbrake in our Rails application was as simple as adding an entry in our Gemfile and creating an initializer for configuration. And that's it!

2) Configurability: As I just mentioned, configuration is available in your application. However, configuration "points" also exist in Airbrake at the account, project, and user levels. All these configurations work together seamlessly. This has allowed us to get the right notifications to the right people at the right time and avoid the "notification overload" that can come with other monitoring solutions.

3) External Integrations: Airbrake supports integration with many popular issue trackers and team communication solutions. We integrate Airbrake with JIRA and Slack, so there was no need to introduce a new tool to our daily workflow. However, I would like to see integration support expanded. For example, the integration with New Relic requires a third party solution that ended up not working for us. Airbrake does support webhooks, so we're still able to integrate with systems that are not supported OoTB.

4) Documentation: Setting up Airbrake and integrating it into our ecosystem has required little to no guesswork on our part.

David eugene E.

Trace logs galore

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

since we don't have the luxury of time to debug and traceback every issue happening to our multiple sites, airbrake cuts so much time debugging and that time saved is better spent on working on a fix right away, sometimes even before the users notice anything.

Pros

Our Devs love to sift through the detailed logs, if they put the airbrake code in their source properly. For me as QA, i can also traceback what scenario triggers a particular error log. if we don't have enough time to go inside airbrake, we can have email/slack alerts set up for specific issues, from specified environments. mute an expected alert is also possible, if needed.
The dashboard is available with graphs and statistical data.

Cons

probably too much information at times, like for a simple error message on the UI, there maybe hundreds of lines of backtrace info being sent. maybe not a very bad thing to have, but when the issues come in all at once, it's overwhelming that the users don't want to be inside the airbrake site anymore and just wait for user feedback, then check airbrake as last resort.

Michael S.

Proactive Capability!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/02/09

We use Airbrake in a Ruby on Rails app which was super easy to setup and get running. Airbrake has given our IT a proactive capability allowing us to many times get a head of the curve when it comes to knowing about system errors. It has been my experience in the past in many different IT organizations to not find out about an error until the customer reports it. With Airbrake in many instances we were able to get a fix in place and deployed within minutes as opposed to days or hours from the 1st occurrence of a particular error/bug.

Pros

It's awesome! Pretty easy to use and setup. Love the Slack integration. Our business lives and Slack and speeds up communication for our operations between business and IT. Also love the Trello integration because Trello is where we track our bugs.

Cons

One you changed the user interface on me and it took me a minute to understand where to go to find what I was looking for but not really a big deal.

Rob D.

Must have for any web application

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

Airbrake is one of those tools we can't live without. It gives us so much visibility on the health of our application and allows us to cache bugs before they become big issues!

Pros

Ease of use, great functionality

Cons

It can be a little expensive if you have a lot of projects, but it is absolutely worth it.

Mugurel C.

Airbrake is a very good product.

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

Pros

Airbrake is easy to use, the pricing is great, and the granularity of the information is good as well.

Cons

Overall everything is good and usable, but one downside is that the error limits are not that big per plan.

Simon lennert R.

Great tool with easy to use features

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Pros

Great multi-channel notification tool for problems occurring within our apps. Easy setup, nice integration, it really doesn't get in the way. We receive notifications in our mail and slack, great for quick turn-around. Statistics are a nice addition. We use Airbrake in production and development.

Cons

Nothing. I can recommend using this in any software project.

Amazing error tracking platform, supports a lot of languages and framework.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

This is one of the best error tracking platforms out there. It has great instrumentation, the UI is clear and essential and will give you all the data you need to address your software's glitches.

Cons

It's not super cheap, so it might not be a fit for everyone, but they do have a 30-day trial that in my opinion is more than enough to assess the software.

Anne C.

Airbrake Review

Reviewed on 2018/06/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

A friendly user software and speed recovery are good. A cool error tracking platform to use as all the data you need is there.

Cons

Add some feature on the future update. But other than that, this software has a great performance to use.

Burkhard V.

Error reporting as one needs it

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

We have been using airbrake for almost 5 years now and couldn't be more satisfied. Every exception that is thrown in production gets duly reported to our Slack channel and can be reacted upon. What more can anyone want.

Pros

does as advertised
detailed error reporting

Cons

bit costly

Tharsanan K.

Flexible System Integrating software

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/03/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

minimal code is required for creating complex applications. Integrate with application is very easy. We can learn about this software easily to develop best applications. Some feedback features are available with this software.

Cons

One problem I faced is, UI is not very interactive for beginners. Some times finding some features becomes harder.

Jit D.

Handy and perfectly works

Reviewed on 2018/03/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Best functions easy to use. Really liked the processing speed and developing things. Running time provided is also really amazing.

Rob U.

Clean, solid, reliable!

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

Airbrake is a valuable tool that is typically used on traffic-heavy applications. The major benefit of Airbrake is it provides extremely detailed exception information. It also has a great visual tool for trending and the functionality to pinpoint a problem to a specific deploy.

The readme documentation and open/closed issues on Github accurately reflects the tool. I recommend the Airbrake library to everyone.

James S.

Perfect for small projects!

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

I work on a single-man project which requires frequent rush-to-production feature changes. Airbrake keeps me on top of my users' problems and allows me to trace their errors. It makes error-tracking simple, and I'm extremely grateful for it being integrated into Heroku for ease of use with my Rails project. Would definitely use it again and recommend it to others.

Federico S.

Awesome bug tracking service!!

Reviewed on 2015/07/10

We really like the visibility that Airbrake gives over unexpected errors that otherwise will be buried among huge piles of logs. It is a great tool to provide context information about each occurrence of an error making it an easy job to reproduce it and fix it ASAP.

Their UI is very intuitive and easy to use, and the instant reporting of bugs via email is an awesome feature as well.

Jason J.

Amazing service that has saved our lives MANY times!

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

Airbrake is the best error collection service we have ever used. It's simple easy and efficient. It collects and aggregates errors beautifully and makes it easy for our engineering team to triage issues based on priority. We would be dead in the water without this!

Pros

Easy to use, cheap, efficient.

Cons

No cons!

Paolo D.

Airbrake rocks

Reviewed on 2015/07/16

At homestay.com we've been using Airbrake for a long time. It's a tool that we started relying more and more on, and even if new tools pop up to track exceptions, we never really found one that could replace it.
All in all I think you should give this a go as it's a very good value for money, dependable and well made piece of software.

Luis R.

Simplest way of keeping an eye on your production backend

Reviewed on 2015/07/16

Airbrake is the most simple & clean way of being informed about exceptions happening in production environment of our Rails application. We can talk to users about problems they are experiencing even before they come back to us with them, and that helps to build a great image (even if our application is failing!).

Renan R.

Best bug tracker ever

Reviewed on 2015/07/16

If you need a solution to easy find and analyse all exceptions of your application, you need Airbrake. Starting with a Free plan, you will love when you could save a lot of time of debugging some errors. Airbrake brings to you everything that you need in one place. Besides that, the support is really amazing!

Yaniv I.

simple and easy - get the problems before the customer complains

Reviewed on 2015/07/19

Airbrake lets you know of the problems immediately when they occur, with the parameters and session; and in many cases we can fix them before customers have a chance to notify us.

This gives us the ability to bring a superb service to our customers

Gianluigi P.

Excelent Tool and Product

Reviewed on 2017/02/13

I've been using Airbrake for a while and it's a great bug tracker. It facilitates my workflow a lot by getting a lot of info in the email then if I need more I go to the app and figure out the details. It´s great

Motaz A.

A must for all your apps

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

It was really difficult to backtrace all log files to catch my apps errors and that was a waste of time, but now I can concentrate to fix them

Himanshu S.

Best tool for error tracking

Reviewed on 2016/10/04

It gives track of all errors happened in your application. It helps to consolidate all errors in one place. Love the work developer put in Airbrake