Mention

Social Media Monitoring Built for Business.

Kristi A.

Mention gets all the mentions

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Back in the day, we’d monitor news with Google Alerts which was obviously a terrible idea. Mention picks up stuff lightning fast and it’s incredibly affordable if you're on a budget and looking to get in to more serious media monitoring. I can’t recommend Mention enough as a user-friendly, cost-effective, thorough solution. It also offers more advanced options for when your budget or need increases.

Pros

It’s a cost-effective, in-depth monitoring solution.

Cons

I wish more features were available to base plans, even on an a la carte basis.

Kate J.

Brand mention monitoring on autopilot.

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Smooth, powerful and helpful.

Pros

We use mention to send Slack messages whenever someone mentions our brand or website online. This effortless way of keeping tabs on who we should say thank you to, or to monitor the success and activity of marketing campaigns really helps us stay on top of things.

Cons

Can't think of anything negative to say! If you want more powerful options, you do have to pay but even the free options are super helpful.

Darla B.

Mentions is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2016/09/07

I like the way you can limit the amount of feedback by blocking those you know don't belong and adding key words and using key words to block. I've been using this product for about two years. I'm a one person PR shop so it really saves me time in searching for those commenting about our school.

Pros

I get notifications by email about people talking about the school. It covers all social media and all sources on the web. It's really great and easy to use.

Cons

It's pretty pricy for a school but they do have a free option that is what I use. They used to have a larger number of free mentions but now it's only 100 which isn't many. I reach my max by the end of the first week of the month. I wish they had an educational discount.

The easiest tool to monitor media

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Pros

When I started my work 3,5 years ago I tested a lot of media monitoring tools and Mention keep being the best so far. The first thing - it's clear and easy. The second - it lets me reply on Twitter mentions without leaving the app - it saves time. The third - I can see in the right side of the app what's inside the mention so I can see if it worth my attention without leaving the app.

Cons

I don't have any cons in mind. Maybe the fact, that during these 3,5 years I've been using it the app missed some articles that turned out to be quite important.

Ann C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Mention is a good overall tool for measuring Share of Voice and tracking visibility.

Reviewed on 2017/09/06

Good overall look at Share of Voice versus our competition. Affordablility.

Pros

Ease of Use and Affordability. For getting a quick and relatively accurate overall Share of Voice reading, Mention is a solid tool. It is affordable and provides the basic functionality a marketer needs to measure social media and online mentions.

Cons

Granularity in results and being able to track Share of Conversation is limited. Accessing history is limited, as it only tracks from the time you set up a stream search. Limited in key word functionality and Boolean searches until you upgrade and then it gets more expensive.

Daniel B.

Great tool for any size business

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

I enjoy the 'behind-the-scenes' work it does, plus the daily emails on what it finds. Very useful information.

Pros

I like the ease of setup and how it just works after that. The free level allows for anyone to easily get started.

Cons

Would like to see a pay-level between Free and Solo.

A must have for your PR efforts

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

It's a really good bit of software. I just wish they'd introduce an 'unlimited mention' pricing tier, and make it affordable.

Pros

It's a social listening tool, so it monitors mentions of your brand, your competitors and even your market on social media. It tells you who's talking about your areas of interest, and what they're saying. This makes it easy to start a conversation with potential leads or influencers.

But the feature I like most is the ranking of influencers for a social term - this helps you target your PR to the most important influencers.

Cons

It can be expensive, and the price is difficult to justify if you're a small business.

Mark P.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Helps Me Track Social Media Interactions!

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

By using Mention I've caught several instances where I was in the news and did not know it.

Pros

Easy to use. Once set up it does not require maintenance

Cons

Nothing! I love it! Cannot think of anything bad!

• Industry: Government Relations

Great online/media monitoring tool for your organization

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Working for a local government, I like being able to monitor was residents and visitors are saying on social media about us. It's a very handy tool at no cost if you choose the right keywords and stay with the free plan.

Pros

Mention is an asset to individuals. organizations, companies, governments, etc. that want to keep track of what's being said online about them. I also like having a PC program/app that allows you to view the information.

Cons

There are limits on the number of items/keywords that you can track without upgrading to a paid plan, but the free plan is still quite good.

Korvi R.

Very useful to track your brands online and what people are talking about it.

Reviewed on 2017/06/24

Tracking discussion, conversation, good and BD reviews about your brand.

Pros

Quickly search the discussions and conversation about your brand, company or you and send it to you.

Mike M.

Amazing Media Monitoring With Mention

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Any keyword, brand, or name can be monitored easily. The speed and ease of keywords to both track and to block is time saving removing irrelevant spam that can flood you with other apps. Mention is essential to managing and tracking your community. It's the best product of it's kind on the market.

Pros

Accurate results, easy to set up and to use, Mention is easy to connect your social accounts too and it covers all social media from all sources on the Internet. Very easy to use dashboard for both personal and business use.

Cons

There should be more options to display data however Mention seems to be constantly upgrading and developing so I am sure this will be something taken in consideration by them in the future.

Response from Mention

Thanks a lot for your review, we really appreciate your support!

Marius V.

This is an app that is just as essential as a bank account is to a business.

Reviewed on 2016/07/20

This is an essential tool in any business of any size that has an online presence and wants to monitor their digital marketing. The best value is in its "early warning" application to lets you manage your online brand reputation.

Pros

I do not know what magic crawlers or algorithms they use. But it WORKS and it is accurate.
Note though that I can not rate their customer support as I have never needed to use it. Yes they are just that good.

Cons

The free version is limited, but still well worth it for a growing business.

Manal I.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Keep a track of your brand and competition

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

I enjoyed using this, it actually has a fast learning curve and fulfills all needs when you are keeping track of your growing brand. If you are ready to throw a few bucks in this can be the best brand for you.

Pros

I am able to know who is talking of my brand, get email notifications (Which is not up to the expectations but still good). It also gives you an understanding of the competitive brands and what are they up to. You could actually feed in your tags, key words and it would be able to get you the right brands you have to keep an eye on.

Cons

I used the trial version for some time, since mine is a small home-business brand which is still on growth upgrading is too costly in my view. There is nothing else that I am particularly complaining about this software.

Amy S.

As a one-man marketing team, I don't have time to be fiddling around & it's so easy to use!

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

It's really easy to use, the dashboard is clear and simple, and I can tell immediately where we're being mentioned online.

Cons

Difficult to say really. I haven't had any problems myself, but immediate alerts by email or an app would be great.

N. a. L.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great app for monitoring social media mentions and analysis

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

Helps you keep track of what's going on in regards to your social media mentions and how people feel about your brand.

Cons

The cost. As usual with apps like this it really isn't designed for the small business owner when it comes to cost.

Mention is a great resource

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Overall its great. I use it to monitor my press coverage and get a feel for what the media are talking about. I would recommend it.

Pros

Easy to use and provides great results. I think its one of the best.

Cons

That it picks up a lot of name mentions that aren't perfect for my client.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Full-optional media monitoring service

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

Mention is a one-stop-shop to monitor your brand and campaign success well beyong the reach: it helps you learn more about you, your competitors, and how people feel about it. In a way, not only you learn IF and HOW MANY people are talking about you, but also WHAT are they're saying, which is super useful, especially if you're working for controversial/polarising issues.

Cons

It's quite expensive as a service, and upgrades get to sky-high prices ,often unaffordable for not-for-profit organizations. So I hated it because I couldn't get it!

Sabine D.
  • Industry: Music

Useful, background campaign monitoring tool

Reviewed on 2016/12/13

We use to monitor PR and marketing campaign effectiveness; gives useful data that saves us time and effort sourcing and monitoring this data across the internet.

Pros

Useful, time-saving, easy to set-up and manage, good free package.

Cons

If your company has a generic name or you need to use semi-generic search terms, allow for not relevant results.

Roger W.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

Pros

It is straight forward and extremely easy to use.

Cons

I can;t say that I have any negative comments to add.

Easy to use, good pricing, powerful tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

Very easy to use and a powerful tool for tracking mentions of both your brand and competitors across the web, as well as measuring sentiment.

Cons

Honestly not really any key cons I can pick out - it does what it says on the tin and it does it very well.

Jeff N.

Mention is Excellent

Reviewed on 2015/12/02

Mention is a fantastic program if you are looking to monitor the chatter about your company (or yourself). I would highly recommend that you try it. We have been using it for a couple years. Excellent

Kate J.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy way to monitor social media mentioning

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Pros

We use the Mention app's integration with Slack to pipe in our mention updates. Really makes things easy and reduces cycles and need for attention. There is powerful advanced filtering available so you can easily make sure that the notifications that come through are relevant to you.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons - it's been easy to use and update, keeps getting better, and saves us a lot of time.

Social Media Monitoring for business

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

Pros

Well designed platform with some neat features.

Cons

You would think for the amount of money they spend you could do something more with the software! Pricing is just outrageous.

Andra larisa Z.

Excellent free app for monitoring your brand mentions

Reviewed on 2015/11/02

I've been using the free version of Mention for almost a year now, and I must say that it's convinved me that it's worth investing in. It usually catches 98% of the mentiones of our brand on the web and I use for media monitoring. It's very helpful in making me put together a list of media mentions and getting me to notice even the brand mentions on websites that I couldn't catch otherwise.

Pros

- Easy to use
- daily emails
- catches 98% of brand mentions

Cons

- nothing to mention (pun intended). :)

A good way to keep track of what's being said about your brand

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Pros

Being able to see posts about my business through blogs, websites and social networking sites in one place.

Cons

Needs to be used along with Google Alerts, it seems. Hard to find one tool that really catches everything.