Mention Reviews

Mention

Social Media Monitoring Built for Business.

4.8/5 (229 reviews)
Abigail N.

Great for social media monitoring and measuring social sentiment

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

It helped monitor competitor mentions, my brand's mentions and most importantly it helped gauge how people felt about my brand, whether positive, negative or neutral.

Pros

I originally signed up for mention to measure the social sentiment of one of the brands I managed. My first choice was Hootsuite but the form wasn't loading so I decided to try Mention. Best decision I ever made!

After signing up and setting up keywords to measure, alerts and dashboards, I forgot about Mention because it wasn't giving me info on past activity, I got an email from Account Executive at Mention and we scheduled a 15 minutes call to walk me through mention and answer my questions. The call helped me understand how to use mention, It also explained why the social sentiment dashboard wasn't showing much info. Mention doesn't show past data only data from when the account is set up.
I liked the email alerts on competitors social media mentions, I wanted to know who was mentioning my competitors and why, and if they were journalists, I could use Hunter and Clearbit to get their emails so I could send them a pitch.
I think the pros of Mention are: Good support from the Mention team, simple interface that is easy to use and resources such as webinars to make the most of the software, email alerts on competitors mention on social media, blogs, forums etc. And of course the simple social sentiment dashboard.

Cons

The brand I used Mention on was a small brand with little activity, and most social media interactions were in the past after we ran a campaign. Which didn't help much because Mention only showed data collected after setting up. I wish I could get sentiment from past activity so I can measure how my brand was viewed then and now.

Nicole M.

Fantastic Media Monitoring service

Reviewed on 2016/08/05

I was an early adopter of Mention App and have seen it grow from strength to strength. Compared to high priced media monitoring from large companies on offer - it is often quicker, more precise and always covers the full social, online and offline news environment. I use it for my clients and highly recommend it.

Pros

Ease of use, quick set up and accurate results. In built-sentiment analysis is useful.
It's also helpful you can connect your social accounts to Mention and use the dashboard to respond to customer queries.

Cons

Not as evolved in the visualisation of data as competitors, but this isn't a big con because the data gathered is timely, precise and relevant (which other platforms struggle with). But would be great to see more options to display data.

Darla B.

Mentions is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2016/09/07

I like the way you can limit the amount of feedback by blocking those you know don't belong and adding key words and using key words to block. I've been using this product for about two years. I'm a one person PR shop so it really saves me time in searching for those commenting about our school.

Pros

I get notifications by email about people talking about the school. It covers all social media and all sources on the web. It's really great and easy to use.

Cons

It's pretty pricy for a school but they do have a free option that is what I use. They used to have a larger number of free mentions but now it's only 100 which isn't many. I reach my max by the end of the first week of the month. I wish they had an educational discount.

Frédéric P.

Mention allows me to monitor my brand and competition easily.

Reviewed on 2017/11/24

I can monitor any word, brand or name I want, giving me a headstart upon dealing with certain subjects.

Pros

What I like about Mention is the speed with which it finds the occurrences of the keywords I indicate to it. Rather than my competitors, I observe with this tool the vivacity of certain themes.

Cons

The interface is empty and not very intuitive. Fortunately, email alerts allow me to quickly access the last mentions of my keywords, because I don't use the web page where my information is collected, or very little. But this is a minor detail, because it is of particular interest to full-time community managers.

The easiest tool to monitor media

Reviewed on 2019/01/18
Review Source

Pros

When I started my work 3,5 years ago I tested a lot of media monitoring tools and Mention keep being the best so far. The first thing - it's clear and easy. The second - it lets me reply on Twitter mentions without leaving the app - it saves time. The third - I can see in the right side of the app what's inside the mention so I can see if it worth my attention without leaving the app.

Cons

I don't have any cons in mind. Maybe the fact, that during these 3,5 years I've been using it the app missed some articles that turned out to be quite important.

Margarita L.

Infinity Functionality software

Reviewed on 2017/09/21

Pros

For
brands
successful businesses
growing campaigns
creators
those, who love Mention

Infinity constructive opportunities for campaigns to promote a startups, projects or a legendary brands. You can characterize the service as accessibility, mobility, infinity
This service uses the most current methods for obtaining references to the brand
Can be in a few clicks:

Monitor social media in real time.
Monitor a billion sources in more than 60 languages.
Learn the most authoritative opinions about a brand or keyword.
Connect social accounts for mobile response.
Creation of actual reports and comparison of notifications.
Export data to PDF or CSV.
Teamwork with the team by exchanging alerts.
Work with a mobile device.

Team Mention it's lovely and best team

Ann C.

Mention is a good overall tool for measuring Share of Voice and tracking visibility.

Reviewed on 2017/09/06

Good overall look at Share of Voice versus our competition. Affordablility.

Pros

Ease of Use and Affordability. For getting a quick and relatively accurate overall Share of Voice reading, Mention is a solid tool. It is affordable and provides the basic functionality a marketer needs to measure social media and online mentions.

Cons

Granularity in results and being able to track Share of Conversation is limited. Accessing history is limited, as it only tracks from the time you set up a stream search. Limited in key word functionality and Boolean searches until you upgrade and then it gets more expensive.

7.0/10
Osa L.

Learn all the secrets of your competitors

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Pros

It's easy to learn whenever anyone is mentioned in the media. Do you want to keep track of your own mentions and protect your reputation? Mention can do that. Do you want to spy from your competitors so that you can easily adapt their innovative ideas for your own benefit? Mention can help you.

Cons

It can be a bit complicated if you're not used to software like this, but if you're patient you can figure it out.

Victor I.

Love Mention!

Reviewed on 2018/05/07
Review Source

Pros

You cant catch everything that's happening on the Internet around your brand. This is what's Menion for. It helps you find fresh mentions and discussions of the topics you're interested in, so you're always updated on the most recent development.

Cons

It might have been a little more precise. While Mention is really great, it's best to combine it with some other similar app.

Great tool

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

I love how Mention scraps the web for mentions, tweets, news, etc. about your company and delivers it daily. I made a lot of personal connections with people who tweeted about us and I would have never known otherwise

Cons

A lot of times there are wrong tweets delivered to my email daily. especially if there's a similarity in names, I'm not sure how it can be fixed though.

Mike X.

If you can get it in the budget, it's a no brainer

Reviewed on 2015/10/05
Review Source

I only used the trial so I don't have a long history with the service. I've been a marketing professional for over 10 years and understand the value of time, knowledge and keeping up with discussions going on about your product and the people associated.

I'm impressed with how easy it is to set up and get back to work... you can tweak settings as you start getting results to really hone in on what you're after. There's no point rambling on about Mention, it simply does what you expect it to do in an intuitive way.

Pros

Quick to set up, easy to adjust, friendly and responsive support staff... fast learning curve!

Cons

You get pretty flooded with results in the beginning which can be overwhelming and turn some people off that the service has just thrown a wide catch net over the internet and giving you everything! BUT it's only as good as what you put in... it's up to YOU to get the most out of it, put in the right search terms, the right filters and it's amazing how accurate it can be. The con here is that it might be a good idea in the onboarding phase to ensure people understand this (maybe I missed it).

Response from mention

Thanks a lot for testing Mention and leaving this great review. I appreciate how accurately you describe the challenge of setting up the search correctly with our filters to avoid being flooded with irrelevant results. It's great that you pointed it out, we will work on emphasis this during the on-boarding phase, as you mentioned.

Ferg D.

Comprehensive Community Engagement Tool

Reviewed on 2016/11/19

Mention is a wonderfully complex community engagement tool that allows you to complete many functional tasks that were likely separate streams of "work" for people in the past. There are several features that allow you to better engage with your community. There is also a nice high level analytics report tool to assess your metrics. There is also a great opportunity to customize messaging to your audience. Several of their filters help you keep an eye on performance within your network. Who's following, Who's not, Who's engaging with you. Give it a try !

Pros

It makes management of my social networks easier, less time involved.

Cons

Be sure to select the right frequency of "notifications" or you might overwhelmed by the updates. Your choice.

A must have for your PR efforts

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

It's a really good bit of software. I just wish they'd introduce an 'unlimited mention' pricing tier, and make it affordable.

Pros

It's a social listening tool, so it monitors mentions of your brand, your competitors and even your market on social media. It tells you who's talking about your areas of interest, and what they're saying. This makes it easy to start a conversation with potential leads or influencers.

But the feature I like most is the ranking of influencers for a social term - this helps you target your PR to the most important influencers.

Cons

It can be expensive, and the price is difficult to justify if you're a small business.

Jennifer M.

Useful Tool

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

This tool does a lot of work for me. I do not have to scour the web to find all the places I have been mentioned. This tool does it for me.
Worried about your reputation online? Get this tool and let it track that for you.
Want to gain online visibility? Let this tool tell you where you can be found online.
I love it and could not do my job without it.

Pros

Completely painless. Always on.

Cons

Does not bring me coffee.

Rebecca B.

Great, easy-to-use brand monitor

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Pros

I love being able to see where our business is being mentioned! It's saved me a couple times to be able to respond to posts on Reddit and is a crucial part of our link building strategy now too. Its easy to navigate and filter through all of the sources and keywords you want to monitor.

Cons

It's a pretty straight forward tool! There's nothing I don't like. I use the basic subscription which has limited features, but I know I can upgrade for more.

Ruth C.

Easy to use brand monitoring tool for social media and the web

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

Pros

I really like that you can integrate this with Slack. It makes it easy to keep on top of brand mentions as soon as they come in. It's also really helpful that you can get a summary at the end of each day to tell you how many mentions you got and how many were positive / negative. You can also log in and tell it if something is positive or negative to help make your results more reliable.

Cons

There's not too much to dislike really. Admittedly you can get most of this data manually if you searched for it yourself rather than paying for it, but this tool really does help you to save time.

7.0/10
Umang S.

Most easiest way to track your brand keywords

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

When you are managing various brands in social media one of the major or first thing you have to do is to get register with Mentions. Mentions is the tool by which you are able to track any keywords that are being type in social platforms. This way you can track if it is positive, negative or neutral comments.

Cons

I have subscribed to email reporting but this software email reporting is not up to mark is the least like of this software.

Pam B.

Mention helps you see your business grow!

Reviewed on 2017/04/05

We love watching the mentions of Tilt365.com grow every day on Mention capture software. We started out with only a few a day and within a month it got us to focus spreading the word. Now we're up to hundreds a day.

Pros

Great service and UX

Cons

Too pricey to upgrade. We can also do alerts on google for free.

Dave M.

Easy to use media monitoring software

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

I've used Mention off and on for a couple of years and just recently upgraded from the entry level package to one of the paid plans. It is easy and intuitive to use and customer support has been great. Start with the free plan and upgrade when you need to :)

Pros

Easy and intuitive

Cons

Pricing plans step up rapidly depedning on features

Ben C.

Great Product, Great Price!

Reviewed on 2015/12/03
Review Source

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc. is a financial company that wanted a better way to monitor our brand mentions across the web. With Mention, we found an easy to use product that would allow us to monitor our brand across the entire web (not just social sites that limit many other popular products). We're now able to identify and react all types of posts; significantly improving our engagement success. This also helps improve our customer service, by allowing us to quickly respond and alleviate customers that may need assistance. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking to get a hold of their brand reputation. I'll be looking for this review post in my mention feed too :)

Pros

thorough, intuitive, great UI, allows multiple users and triage of assignments, detects all types of websites (not just social sites), good price, great customer service (but I rarely, if ever, need it), has an API and integrates with Zendesk amongst other systems,

Cons

doesn't archive mention data (eg if someone removes a post, the content is lost), doesn't show direct message content

Quentin N.

Amazing product. For (social) media monitoring - listening, your brand but also all competitors...

Reviewed on 2017/02/02

We use it to follow all the industry trends of our projects and their competitors.
We are always aware of everything and can manage the required actions to be taken very easily with different team members.

Pros

Ease to use, mobile applications, exhaustive features

Great online/media monitoring tool for your organization

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Working for a local government, I like being able to monitor was residents and visitors are saying on social media about us. It's a very handy tool at no cost if you choose the right keywords and stay with the free plan.

Pros

Mention is an asset to individuals. organizations, companies, governments, etc. that want to keep track of what's being said online about them. I also like having a PC program/app that allows you to view the information.

Cons

There are limits on the number of items/keywords that you can track without upgrading to a paid plan, but the free plan is still quite good.

Norman B.

Keep on top of social media

Reviewed on 2017/03/06

Mention does my searching of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others. I get straight forward alerts and jump to the results and appraise whether I'm interested or not. Brilliant service.

Pros

It does what it should very well

Cons

Nothing

Stephanie m. C.

Listen in listenin' with Mention

Reviewed on 2016/03/31
Review Source

We've used Mention for quite a while now and it helps me stay on top of our social listening more than any other software app that I use. When I first joined the team, I was onboarded nicely by Mention and got up-to-speed on using the product quickly. We've overhauled other systems, but not this one!

Pros

-The workflow is simple and easy to learn. Also keeps you organized while displaying all the mentions you need to see.
-Good for collaborating and helps stay on top of the customer experience.
-The first thing I check when I get into the office and the last thing I do before I leave, which keeps us in the pulse of our audience.

Cons

-The icons for actions you can take on a mention are not as intuitive (although improved from when I first started using it) and you'd expect, which causes some confusion.
-The influencer dashboard could also be more robust.
-Delayed refresh isn't the best for real-time events, but does eventually catch up.

Vu mark N.

Pleased with my subscription

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

Mention has become a "must" for our social media monitoring, but the service goes beyond social media and captures more data on my brand and those that I track than Google Alerts does. I'm also pleased with the interactions I've had with my account managers and their occasional offers to do a screenshare tutorial.

Pros

It's efficient and finds content that Google Alerts misses.

Cons

A UI suggestion I made has not been implemented. Granted, it's just from one user, but it's a minor nuisance daily.