Mention

Social Media Monitoring Built for Business.

4,8
4,5
4,5
4,7
4,7
Abigail N.

Great for social media monitoring and measuring social sentiment

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

It helped monitor competitor mentions, my brand's mentions and most importantly it helped gauge how people felt about my brand, whether positive, negative or neutral.

Pros

I originally signed up for mention to measure the social sentiment of one of the brands I managed. My first choice was Hootsuite but the form wasn't loading so I decided to try Mention. Best decision I ever made!

After signing up and setting up keywords to measure, alerts and dashboards, I forgot about Mention because it wasn't giving me info on past activity, I got an email from Account Executive at Mention and we scheduled a 15 minutes call to walk me through mention and answer my questions. The call helped me understand how to use mention, It also explained why the social sentiment dashboard wasn't showing much info. Mention doesn't show past data only data from when the account is set up.
I liked the email alerts on competitors social media mentions, I wanted to know who was mentioning my competitors and why, and if they were journalists, I could use Hunter and Clearbit to get their emails so I could send them a pitch.
I think the pros of Mention are: Good support from the Mention team, simple interface that is easy to use and resources such as webinars to make the most of the software, email alerts on competitors mention on social media, blogs, forums etc. And of course the simple social sentiment dashboard.

Cons

The brand I used Mention on was a small brand with little activity, and most social media interactions were in the past after we ran a campaign. Which didn't help much because Mention only showed data collected after setting up. I wish I could get sentiment from past activity so I can measure how my brand was viewed then and now.

Kristi A.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Mention gets all the mentions

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Back in the day, we’d monitor news with Google Alerts which was obviously a terrible idea. Mention picks up stuff lightning fast and it’s incredibly affordable if you're on a budget and looking to get in to more serious media monitoring. I can’t recommend Mention enough as a user-friendly, cost-effective, thorough solution. It also offers more advanced options for when your budget or need increases.

Pros

It’s a cost-effective, in-depth monitoring solution.

Cons

I wish more features were available to base plans, even on an a la carte basis.

Andy A.

Metion monitors social media so you don't have to.

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

Not much that I can't get from others . Over time Mention has lost its luster and is easily replaced by other tools.

Pros

Mention is easy to set up, and provides reporting on what's going on in social media based on what you want it to track.

Cons

Mention is constantly asking me to log in again and validate my accounts with services like LinkedIn. This is troubling as it impacts timely deliver, and is more of an interruption than a benefit. It's like LinkedIn or Facebook don't trust them.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

David P.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great to monitor your brand

Reviewed on 2019/10/19

Pros

I like a lot the fact you can easily monitor everything about your brand on social medias, web sites, ...
And also easily filter out what you don't want (the noise).
For example, I'm not interested in the job offers related to my software. Excluding a website or a given term from the alerts is super easy and efficient.

Cons

Nothing really. The website and its mobile version are easy to use. The email I'm getting every day is perfect.

Mike X.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

If you can get it in the budget, it's a no brainer

Reviewed on 2015/10/05

I only used the trial so I don't have a long history with the service. I've been a marketing professional for over 10 years and understand the value of time, knowledge and keeping up with discussions going on about your product and the people associated.

I'm impressed with how easy it is to set up and get back to work... you can tweak settings as you start getting results to really hone in on what you're after. There's no point rambling on about Mention, it simply does what you expect it to do in an intuitive way.

Pros

Quick to set up, easy to adjust, friendly and responsive support staff... fast learning curve!

Cons

You get pretty flooded with results in the beginning which can be overwhelming and turn some people off that the service has just thrown a wide catch net over the internet and giving you everything! BUT it's only as good as what you put in... it's up to YOU to get the most out of it, put in the right search terms, the right filters and it's amazing how accurate it can be. The con here is that it might be a good idea in the onboarding phase to ensure people understand this (maybe I missed it).

Response from mention

Thanks a lot for testing Mention and leaving this great review. I appreciate how accurately you describe the challenge of setting up the search correctly with our filters to avoid being flooded with irrelevant results. It's great that you pointed it out, we will work on emphasis this during the on-boarding phase, as you mentioned.

Iván B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Versatile and complete tool to know the mentions

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

For many years it is important to know what is said online before creating and publishing your content on social networks. In this case mention is one of the best tools not only to know the mentions of the brand, it also allows to know the mentions by each social networks

Pros

You know the mentions for each social network. Separately, determining the quality of each mention, with a scale

Cons

the reports that arrive to the email must arrive at the moment and with other metrics. Including a thematic reports would be great

Umang S.

Most easiest way to track your brand keywords

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

When you are managing various brands in social media one of the major or first thing you have to do is to get register with Mentions. Mentions is the tool by which you are able to track any keywords that are being type in social platforms. This way you can track if it is positive, negative or neutral comments.

Cons

I have subscribed to email reporting but this software email reporting is not up to mark is the least like of this software.

Industry: E-Learning

Monitor your brand and yourself around the web

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Set it and forget it type tool that keeps working for you in the background and keeps looking for your "mentions" on the web.

Pros

- Goes much beyond Google Alerts and shows better data over time.
- Searches for your mentions on the blogs, social media, Q and A sites, videos sites and literally everywhere.
- You will get instant notification of your mentions. This is really helpful for brand reputation monitoring and link building.

Cons

Can't say much about the negatives. However, they may want to rationalize the pricing a bit. For small startups every cost matter.

Solid mentions tracker

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/04/11

It's a good tool to keep track of company mentions online.

Pros

Mention does its main purpose well. It can accurately keep track of company mentions across different online channels and the interface is well organized.

Cons

Comparing Mention's results with other tools, it seems to sometimes fail to track some important mentions across social media.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Marjan W.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Useful for seeing where your brand is mentioned

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Social Media mentions. We see where our company/brand our mentioned and what people are saying about it. It helps us to see if our posts are successful/target new sources.

Pros

I like that it helps you to view a lot of data at once. It helps you to see where your brand and company are being mentioned and can help you target future sources to use for media.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software. I know some sources aren't included but that is because they have their own analytics tools.

Coy W.

Okay Monitoring Service, But Buyer Beware - No Option to Cancel

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Most poor reviews come from disgruntled clients who proceed to trash the company. This is not a positive review, but to be fair there are some positive qualities about the application. For starters, do your homework and review all the options available. Turns out there are other companies with more robust platforms that offer more services for a lower price.

Mention offers decent monitoring services for companies that don't have PR teams with the ability to focus on monitoring. You can set up alerts (up to a point, before getting charged again) and manage the results to attempt to get focused. Even so, there is a ton of noise that has to be filtered out. For the time you spend tooling around with the app you could actually set up other methods to get the same results.

For us, Mention didn't quite offer all the value for the price and upsells. We restructured our PR to be smarter and narrow in on specific sources for each campaign - something our clients greatly appreciate. Attribution is easy to measure without using Mention, so it was obvious to us that we are paying a premium (over a quarterly premium and upsells) for a service that isn't doing much for us. That may not be the case for you, but when we opted to end our agreement, Mention's answer was basically "I don't care, pay me my money". Not a very good look and definitely prevents me from ever considering them again even if they upgraded their services in the future.

Pros

The solution offers online monitoring that includes news, social media, message boards, and forums. There is an added cost to include traditional news sources like TV & Radio, but the extra cost makes the overall package more expensive than other solutions on the market. The setup team was actually good, so the initial experience with the company was positive.

Cons

With exception of message boards and forums, you can reasonably achieve the same results using Google Alerts. For the cost and non-cancellable contract, you can actually fill in the gaps with just a little bit of leg work and some ingenuity. We ended up having to manually monitor review sites (like TripAdvisor), regardless of the promises made by Mention. That was pretty inconvenient. Additionally, we found quite a bit of chatter that wasn't being picked up by Mention. Eventually, we had to ask ourselves what's the point of paying so much money for the service. Mention doesn't break contracts, even if you're paying the premium for quarterly payments - which most ethical companies offer knowing that you may have to make a break. Their handling of that request leaves a lot to be desired.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Nicole M.
Industry: Government Relations

Fantastic Media Monitoring service

Reviewed on 2016/08/05

I was an early adopter of Mention App and have seen it grow from strength to strength. Compared to high priced media monitoring from large companies on offer - it is often quicker, more precise and always covers the full social, online and offline news environment. I use it for my clients and highly recommend it.

Pros

Ease of use, quick set up and accurate results. In built-sentiment analysis is useful.
It's also helpful you can connect your social accounts to Mention and use the dashboard to respond to customer queries.

Cons

Not as evolved in the visualisation of data as competitors, but this isn't a big con because the data gathered is timely, precise and relevant (which other platforms struggle with). But would be great to see more options to display data.

Darla B.
Industry: Education Management

Mentions is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2016/09/07

I like the way you can limit the amount of feedback by blocking those you know don't belong and adding key words and using key words to block. I've been using this product for about two years. I'm a one person PR shop so it really saves me time in searching for those commenting about our school.

Pros

I get notifications by email about people talking about the school. It covers all social media and all sources on the web. It's really great and easy to use.

Cons

It's pretty pricy for a school but they do have a free option that is what I use. They used to have a larger number of free mentions but now it's only 100 which isn't many. I reach my max by the end of the first week of the month. I wish they had an educational discount.

Frédéric P.

Mention allows me to monitor my brand and competition easily.

Reviewed on 2017/11/24

I can monitor any word, brand or name I want, giving me a headstart upon dealing with certain subjects.

Pros

What I like about Mention is the speed with which it finds the occurrences of the keywords I indicate to it. Rather than my competitors, I observe with this tool the vivacity of certain themes.

Cons

The interface is empty and not very intuitive. Fortunately, email alerts allow me to quickly access the last mentions of my keywords, because I don't use the web page where my information is collected, or very little. But this is a minor detail, because it is of particular interest to full-time community managers.

Industry: Computer Software

The easiest tool to monitor media

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Pros

When I started my work 3,5 years ago I tested a lot of media monitoring tools and Mention keep being the best so far. The first thing - it's clear and easy. The second - it lets me reply on Twitter mentions without leaving the app - it saves time. The third - I can see in the right side of the app what's inside the mention so I can see if it worth my attention without leaving the app.

Cons

I don't have any cons in mind. Maybe the fact, that during these 3,5 years I've been using it the app missed some articles that turned out to be quite important.

Anastasia T.
Industry: Computer Software

I've tried many services...

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Pros

I've tried many services to monitor our brand mentions and all of them start showing you too many junk and irrelevant matches. In comparison, I've found Mention to be the most precise monitoring tool, which takes info from the quality sources and never skipping the more obscure ones, but only if that's relevant. Also, monitoring Twitter is a nice and useful addition.

Cons

I've been using mention sine it had a free tier and as far as I know, there is none anymore. So, be prepared to shell out, but it's definitely worth it.

Margarita L.

Infinity Functionality software

Reviewed on 2017/09/21

Pros

For
brands
successful businesses
growing campaigns
creators
those, who love Mention

Infinity constructive opportunities for campaigns to promote a startups, projects or a legendary brands. You can characterize the service as accessibility, mobility, infinity
This service uses the most current methods for obtaining references to the brand
Can be in a few clicks:

Monitor social media in real time.
Monitor a billion sources in more than 60 languages.
Learn the most authoritative opinions about a brand or keyword.
Connect social accounts for mobile response.
Creation of actual reports and comparison of notifications.
Export data to PDF or CSV.
Teamwork with the team by exchanging alerts.
Work with a mobile device.

Team Mention it's lovely and best team

Ann C.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Mention is a good overall tool for measuring Share of Voice and tracking visibility.

Reviewed on 2017/09/06

Good overall look at Share of Voice versus our competition. Affordablility.

Pros

Ease of Use and Affordability. For getting a quick and relatively accurate overall Share of Voice reading, Mention is a solid tool. It is affordable and provides the basic functionality a marketer needs to measure social media and online mentions.

Cons

Granularity in results and being able to track Share of Conversation is limited. Accessing history is limited, as it only tracks from the time you set up a stream search. Limited in key word functionality and Boolean searches until you upgrade and then it gets more expensive.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Osa L.

Learn all the secrets of your competitors

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Pros

It's easy to learn whenever anyone is mentioned in the media. Do you want to keep track of your own mentions and protect your reputation? Mention can do that. Do you want to spy from your competitors so that you can easily adapt their innovative ideas for your own benefit? Mention can help you.

Cons

It can be a bit complicated if you're not used to software like this, but if you're patient you can figure it out.

Victor I.

Love Mention!

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

You cant catch everything that's happening on the Internet around your brand. This is what's Menion for. It helps you find fresh mentions and discussions of the topics you're interested in, so you're always updated on the most recent development.

Cons

It might have been a little more precise. While Mention is really great, it's best to combine it with some other similar app.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great tool

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

I love how Mention scraps the web for mentions, tweets, news, etc. about your company and delivers it daily. I made a lot of personal connections with people who tweeted about us and I would have never known otherwise

Cons

A lot of times there are wrong tweets delivered to my email daily. especially if there's a similarity in names, I'm not sure how it can be fixed though.

Ferg D.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications
Company size: Self Employed

Comprehensive Community Engagement Tool

Reviewed on 2016/11/19

Mention is a wonderfully complex community engagement tool that allows you to complete many functional tasks that were likely separate streams of "work" for people in the past. There are several features that allow you to better engage with your community. There is also a nice high level analytics report tool to assess your metrics. There is also a great opportunity to customize messaging to your audience. Several of their filters help you keep an eye on performance within your network. Who's following, Who's not, Who's engaging with you. Give it a try !

Pros

It makes management of my social networks easier, less time involved.

Cons

Be sure to select the right frequency of "notifications" or you might overwhelmed by the updates. Your choice.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

A must have for your PR efforts

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

It's a really good bit of software. I just wish they'd introduce an 'unlimited mention' pricing tier, and make it affordable.

Pros

It's a social listening tool, so it monitors mentions of your brand, your competitors and even your market on social media. It tells you who's talking about your areas of interest, and what they're saying. This makes it easy to start a conversation with potential leads or influencers.

But the feature I like most is the ranking of influencers for a social term - this helps you target your PR to the most important influencers.

Cons

It can be expensive, and the price is difficult to justify if you're a small business.

Jennifer M.

Useful Tool

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

This tool does a lot of work for me. I do not have to scour the web to find all the places I have been mentioned. This tool does it for me.
Worried about your reputation online? Get this tool and let it track that for you.
Want to gain online visibility? Let this tool tell you where you can be found online.
I love it and could not do my job without it.

Pros

Completely painless. Always on.

Cons

Does not bring me coffee.

Rebecca B.
Industry: Internet

Great, easy-to-use brand monitor

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Pros

I love being able to see where our business is being mentioned! It's saved me a couple times to be able to respond to posts on Reddit and is a crucial part of our link building strategy now too. Its easy to navigate and filter through all of the sources and keywords you want to monitor.

Cons

It's a pretty straight forward tool! There's nothing I don't like. I use the basic subscription which has limited features, but I know I can upgrade for more.