Typeform

Make data collection an experience with custom forms

4,7
4,2
4,4
4,6
4,3
Ciera H.
Industry: Media Production

Limited but reliable and clean

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Typeform is very user friendly, especially on the presentation end (your surveys appear clean and professional - which I find makes people more inclined to complete). On the back end, it is relatively easy to navigate through creating what you need and tailoring it, but can be a bit confusing and limited when exporting and analyzing the data gathered.

Pros

The best thing about Typeform is how clean, nice and professional your surveys turn out without doing too much work on your part in formatting the look of it. Reliable as a fairly quick to use aesthetically pleasing presentation.

Cons

The one hang up that I continue to find frustrating in using this platform for surveys is the way that you are able to access and view the data collected. I feel that Xcel style spreadsheets and somewhat outdated and an inefficient form of collecting and analyzing your data. For my usage, I have had trouble in finding other options as far as formatting to export your data.

Jj E.
Industry: Media Production

Fantastic software that packs a punch!

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

We've created several quizzes with Typeform that have over 4 different logic scenario outcomes. Those same quizzes are now collecting over 2,000 customer emails each month (for lead generation purposes).

It's a fantastic piece of software that is super sleek, powerful, and integrates with all of the main platforms. It's heavily embedded into our marketing and customer service efforts, and we rely on it on a daily basis.

Pros

I love how easy this product is to use, and how well it integrates with so many different platforms.

Cons

While Typeform has a lot of features available, sometimes I find myself wanting to customize more items than It allows me to do. Because of such, we've had to find work-arounds for several different advanced solutions.

Industry: Internet

Maybe the best onlie 0-code tool for creating forms

Reviewed on 2020/10/17

I started using typeforms from the very beginning, both for personal needs and for the companies I worked for. With them, you can solve almost any task of collecting data from users, both contact information and reviews.

Pros

I love the ease of customizing the forms in a few steps and the great templates. Also delightful is the stepwise user input and logical switching. Finally, various integrations right from the box also save a lot of time.

Cons

The pricing policy is rather strange. They turned off the awesome option to pay once for all for one form, and it made me quite upset, since I used this quite often.

Adrian D.

Disappointed; significant number of results lost

Reviewed on 2014/10/27

Typeform don't make it obvious, but they do NOT store partial or incomplete results. In my survey over 120 people started the survey, only 55 completed it. Partial responses would still have been hugely valuable to me, but they're not available with Typeform. They ARE available with SurveyMonkey.

I wrote to TypeForm with feedback. Their response "About the issue with not-saved responses, it's the kind of confusion we try to avoid, asking users to test carefully their typeforms before using them..... we are not looking to implement this feature in the near future"

So a warning to people: If any response (partial or full) is valuable to you in a survey, please be aware that TypeForm doesn't store the results until the final page where the person clicks "Submit".

Pros

Beautiful looking surveys, easy to setup, fantastic analysis tools.

Cons

Doesn't save partial responses.
Some concern, as 3 seperate people reported not being able to submit at the end.

Response from Typeform.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback.

There is an issue around the legality (and morality) about storing answers a respondent gives before submitting. In paginated surveys such as those built with SM, the respondent needs to click on a "Next" button to go to the next page of questions. And in case the survey only has one page and the respondent does not click "Done", SM does not save the answers either.

To improve your completion rate, apart from applying a design or making colors and images fit your brand's, make sure to use picture choice and multiple choice whenever possible. Also use Long Text fields only when absolutely necessary and try to keep your survey as short as possible. The average completion rate our users are getting is 55% (which is considered high in the online survey industry) and we've seen some typeforms which follow these guidelines get completion rates as high as 80%.

It's unfortunate you only realized we don't save non-submitted answers after publishing your survey, and I'm truly sorry about that.

If there's anything I can help you with, don't hesitate getting back to me.

Pedro

Dave C.
Industry: Design

Top of class Form & Survey Tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Working with Typeform has been a joy. The fact that it integrates with just about every other tool under the sun (either through direct integration or via Zapier), really allows you to streamline your processes.

Pros

Typeform is a really solid product with a great team behind it. The admin panel is very intuitive and easy to use. Even if you’re new to a tool like this, you can get up and running fairly quickly.

I also love the ability to create conversational forms that allow users to focus on a single question at a time. This is a way better approach that shoving a ton of questions in front of someone at once.

Cons

Overall Typeform is an incredible product. My only concern is their pricing.. Its fairly expensive for a form tool.

Lyle W.
Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Skip The Boring Surveys PLUS Introduce All New Ways To Interact

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Great. Its another tool in our quiver that is fun to use, boost engagement and provides and experience that our other software cannot. The user interface when creating a survey or application is excellent, easy to learn and fun to master. The end results are extremely pleasing.

Pros

My team has used Typeform for both internal and external applications. We wanted something that spiced up the boring, generic user experience you get with other similar products but offered and easy way to be creative. Typeform's interface is smart and you can pick up the platform very quickly by just playing around with it (their video tutorials help too). The best part about the software is the unique experience you can deliver. Its very interactive, fun, and opens many doors of creativity. The builder is strong and there are a lot of unique offerings.

Cons

Having experience with some higher end BI and analytics tools gives you a different perspective. The analytics and data behind a Typeform survey might not compete - but it shouldn't. This is experience focused and it does that really well, and gives you decent data as a bonus. Just know why you are using this and that it may fall short if you need very advanced data manipulation.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

User friendly, does the job.

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Overall experience is fantastic, I'd recommend Typeform to anyone.

Pros

Typeform is an excellent way to craft questionnaires and surveys and the ease of use makes it all the better. It just gets the job done.

Cons

Sometimes the actually movement of the page for both the creator and the end users jumps around too quickly.

Samiksha N.
Industry: Education Management

Easy and Efficient Online Form Maker!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/11/09

I have used Typeform to create online forms and collects data and information from the employees and students of our organization. So far It's performing excellent.

Pros

It's modern U.I. is the most appealing to me. Its easy to use and form making is very efficient. It can be used to gather information from your clients, guardians and students. It's inter-platform integration approach proves to be very useful.

Cons

I haven't faced any problems while using it. Definitely it has room for improvement but I think It's good as it is now.

Industry: E-Learning

Amazing UX design and great flexibility

Reviewed on 2020/04/11

It was amazing and I will continue to use Typeform for campus opportunities recruitment .

Pros

It has a compelling website layouts, which makes it superior than other surveys

Cons

I didn't like too much about this software as the survey volume capacity is limited

Ryan M.

Great surveys!

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Typeform just allows me to build really beautiful and robust forms!

Pros

I love how nice looking the forms are. Beautifully designed forms encourage more people to fill them out.

Cons

Sometimes, in the form builder, it is not super intuitive. But overall this is a really great product.

Sapph L.
Company size: Self Employed

Typeform's user friendly survey UI can also be limiting at times

Reviewed on 2020/09/11

I still use Typeform on a regular basis but it's ideal for short surveys. If you need to create longer, more complicated surveys, it's one question at a time UI can be limiting.

Pros

Typeform's one question at a time UI probably feels the most friendly to survey takers. It breaks up the survey into easy steps so people don't feel overwhelmed seeing all of the questions at once.

Their survey builder is fairly intuitive to use once you figure out all of the options that are there (some can be hard to find). It also has a very helpful integration with Google Sheets so you can see all of the replies there updated automatically.

Typeform's logic jump feature (ability to take a respondent to another question based on how they answered one of the previous ones) is helpful as well.

Cons

Typeform's one question at a time UI can also be limiting because sometimes, it makes more sense to ask a few questions together on one screen. For example, you may want to ask for someone's First name and Last name as separate questions, but Typeform would only show each question by themselves, on separate screens.

Beyond the landing page if you choose to have one, there's no easy way to add your brand to the rest of the survey (example: your logo as a fixed header) without using backgrounds, which isn't ideal as your logo may look too big or small depending on the screen size and a question may appear on top of it.

Typeform also changed their pricing recently so you can only remove their branding with the highest monthly tier. Their Powered by Typeform button stands out quite a bit because its background uses the font color your questions are in (typically dark).

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jonathan L.

Forms That Feel Great

Reviewed on 2020/03/29

In my online marketing business, we use forms a lot. We sign-up customers, get logo requests, receive feedback, and more. And being a marketing business, we try our best to make the customer's experience working with us as easy and genial as possible. Forms often break that experience, but Typeform provided an excellent solution. This is one of those try it and you'll see type products. The form builder is simple, the form logic is robust and also very easy to implement, and their export options to gsuite integrates with our businesses flawlessly. And by the numbers, we converted more customers to clients at form-time.

Pros

Very few businesses don't require some sort of form, and yet when you ask a customer to "please fill out this form," they clam up, feel annoyed, and sometimes think of bureaucracy. In my business, we try to avoid forms wherever possible, but it's inevitable. Typeform elegantly solved this problem (my favorite thing about their product) by making forms an experience, and providing us a way to build forms that our customers don't mind completing. The form interface focuses on one question at once, then smoothly flows to the next, giving our customers a sense of completion, and-dare I say it-fun. Typeform also lets us customize forms with graphics/images to make them more gorgeous rather than a bland white or grey background.

Cons

Sharing Typeforms is similar to other form products: embed in websites, share via email, send a link. We use those often and we're accustomed to it. However, we'd love to see more integrations with popular online web-builders like Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace. Often, these web builders interferes with or doesn't correctly present the embed code we get from Typeform. Additionally, it would be fantastic to have a responsive embed code. With so many devices and screen sizes, embedding a fixed size creates problems for some customers-yes, you can work around this with a popup, but sometimes we don't want that particular experience.

Nadia B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

Beautiful, online forms in a highly user-friendly format

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/01/31

Typeform has allowed me to present beautiful surveys to my clients so they can share their thoughts, opinions and needs. It's pleasant to use, both for me and for my clients, and it's fun and fresh in the design and style. I have also been able to get further insight into the data collected thanks to the Typeform analytics dashboard. It's great to have a tool I can use when I need to rapidly create and publish a survey and engage my customers in completing it! I can rely on its well-thought out features and analytics tools.

Pros

I love how the forms work for the user: they're original, nice looking and highly functional. When someone fills out your questionnaire, they see each question individually. Once they answer it, they hit "enter" and they see the next question. The forms are very nice looking, with a good color scheme and font--it's definitely eye-catching and helps the user to focus on the question on the screen. Typeform looks professional and is an excellent way to gather information from your clients or anyone else you need to survey. It's also easy to create the survey itself and equally intuitive with its drag and drop style. The one-question-at-a-time format also helps to increase the number of completed forms, as it's not overwhelming, like a page of questions might be.

Cons

The price is reasonable but definitely adds another cost to your business for a single service that could be replaced by a free product. It is, however, worth the price if you regularly use surveys in your business. For those who'd like to add a logo or other additional business-specific designs, Google Forms would be a better bet as Typeform's branding possibilities are minimal. For my business I think Typeform is ideal, presentation-wise, but I have thought about how it might look less professional depending on whom I'm surveying (for example, very formal or traditional clients).

Ian B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Form builder? How about "Minimally Viable Product" builder!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Typeform is an incredible tool for testing out ways to disguise data capture / lead gathering as something that is providing actual value to the user. It's not a request for advertising proposals, it is a "campaign builder". It is not an online order form, it is a "savings calculator." Essentially, you can leverage the slick UX to make the users think their inputs are causing something to "happen" behind the scenes. This capability is further supported by Typform's intuitive UI for building logic and calculations into the form. Typeform lets you increase inbound leads and try out ideas for larger (custom dev) web projects with minimal time commitment at a very attractive price point.

Pros

Typform's fancy/expensive looking UX is its absolute selling point. It isn't the most flexible form builder in the world, but it does what it does well and it looks great doing it. The developers clearly recognized the massive amount of custom webapp development that was going into making – essentially – slick, expensive-looking multi-step forms and decided they should just make a webapp for making slick, expensive-looking multi-step forms.

Cons

It is definitely not the most robust solution in terms of functionality. It only has a couple options for how your forms will look, it only has a few integrations for what your forms can do... and that is largely by design. This isn't the Gravity Forms wordpress plugin. This is a specialized tool for leveraging slick UX to make crude data capture masquerade as something more sophisticated.

Jamie D.
Industry: Machinery
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Elegant and effective forms for many different uses.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Typeform is very inexpensive for the features it offers and people are very impressed with the end result. We have been able to use it for much more than just a simple form or survey. They seem to be improving the product with v2 and it comes with no additional cost.

Pros

Form or surveys built with Typeform have a unique look that is easy to navigate and compatible with any device. Responsive design makes your form work on both desktop and mobile. Additionally, there are several ways to deploy your form. Their copy/paste code makes it very easy to create popups or overlays on your website.

Typeform v2 just launched and it is a drastic change from v1, but with a little exposure, it quickly becomes apparent that they have made it faster than ever to create a form. v2 instantly displays changes that you make to your form and building it is as easy as typing in the browser. Along with its ease of use, Typeform offers more complex features that really allow you to expand your uses for the product. We use question branching and the calculator tool to make an inexpensive online quiz for a segment of our users. Typeform also supports embedding YouTube and Vimeo videos and uploading pictures.

Cons

There are two aspects of Typeform that I do not like. First, each "question" only allows you to upload one image and embed one video. I realize that this keeps it clean and elegant looking, but I would like the choice to use more if I want. Second, it would be nice if it supported basic HTML code for things like embedding a video from your own video service. Currently, I have to re-upload videos that we use to an unlisted YouTube account in order to use them in Typeform.

Matheus R.
Industry: Education Management

The best form experience

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

My experience with Typeform has been great, everything that I thought I wanted to do was possible.

Pros

Typeform is the best tool for creating forms that we have used so far. It creates the experience that we think is the better one for our users.

Cons

There are too many features locked behind a paywall. Because of that, we end up using google forms even though it is worse.

Industry: Religious Institutions

Hands down the BEST survey builder

Reviewed on 2020/04/05

You may not realize why you really need to switch to Typeform until you've actually tried it. There's just something about it that feels more human and welcoming, and makes the survey-taking process less painful and more fun. Both as a survey builder and as a survey taker. There's a lot of form-building software out there, but you owe it to yourself to at least give this a try. You won't regret it.

Pros

Typeform is hands down the best survey builder out there because it prioritizes the user experience. Surveys and feedback forms are a headache to take at the best of times, so the user interface should be beautiful, intuitive, and human-centric. The experience as a survey builder isn't half bad either. The platform does exactly what you expect, like copy/pasting content blocks and the enter key creating an additional answer option. You wouldn't think we'd have to be grateful for this kind of intuitive functionality, but sadly other form builders have made this something to celebrate. The plug-in to Noun Project for icons and Unsplash for stock photos makes it easy to create visually beautiful surveys too. There's also a whole untapped world of reference fields so you can easily integrate other information, like greeting a user by their name and auto-filling in their email address. It makes surveys more human, and that's a huge win.

Cons

There aren't a whole lot of cons when it comes to the survey building and the survey-taking experience on Typeform. The only complaints on our team have been from the more hardcore research types who want a lot of features available for analysis and reporting. Typeform does a great basic report that far exceeds what most people need, and you can generate a shareable link that updates as the answers update. But for some more advanced reporting features, our researchers prefer SurveyGizmo, which also has some more advanced translation features for surveys in other languages.

Paulo D.
Industry: Legal Services

Best form site I've ever used.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Excellent site with innovative UX and great service overall. Can't live without it.

Pros

I absolutely love Typeform. In my opinion, it's got the best User Experience overall. Its forms are customisable, but the best thing about it is the one-question-per-time structure. Specially great for long answers, although all kinds of answers work well. Also for when you, for some reason, don't want the person to peek into the other questions, or have some sort of "surprise" promo or something on one of the next questions. Also, the way the responses are shown makes it easy to find specific information. It's also got integration with Zapier to save you time, and offers many ready to use gorgeous templates.

Cons

Only 10 (ten) questions on free mode. Getting only 100 responses is already bad enough. Come on, if you at least offered a plan between free and Pro, more people would get it (specially in countries w/ less 'powerful' exchange rates).

Crystal I.
Industry: Insurance

Generates Leads On Its Own

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

We absolutely love Typeform for our business. We have created many lead generating surveys and tools to help our users. We have even converted our PDF applications into interactive typeforms so people can complete applications on their mobile device.

Typeform is easy to use, the possibilities are endless, and it is fun for users.

We like the ability to customize typeform for our business using our business color scheme and logo. We also like that we can customize our typeform link when sending to clients. It feels less like we are sending them to a third party software and more like they are still on our website.

Cons

The "Calculate" feature does not actually calculate in the sense of a real calculator. Rather, it calculates "points" if you are creating quizzes and surveys.

The new Typeform interface is kind of hard to get used to simply because we were SO used to the old interface. It's always hard when software companies change up their tool or give their tool a face lift....it takes some getting used to. New users will have no difficulty though. It's only a con for us because we were used to their original interface.

Maya K.
Industry: Media Production

A modern and elegant solution to long and boring forms

Reviewed on 2020/01/16

Typeform is great at what it does, but pricing is steep for a small company. I can do without it, but I'm using it because of the great design that helps my clients and internal staff to make feedbacks and surveys a more enjoyable process.

Pros

The design is the main attraction of Typeform. The logic jump (Premium Feature) is the one that sold it for me. I have multiple different versions of forms that I managed to combine into one thanks to the logic jump.

Cons

The cost is actually very pricey for what it does, just a form provider. However currently in the market, Typeform is the best looking form design and the logic jump is something I cannot do without nowadays.

Dave O.
Industry: Management Consulting

Beautiful surveys. Platform not reliable enough yet

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

We've been using Typeform surveys to collect data continually from our customers all over the world, continually, 24x7. We transfer survey data to our systems via Typeform's API.

In terms of design and usability, the surveys are way ahead of the competition. It's great value for money too.

Where I'm hesitant to recommend Typeform is in terms of reliability. The platform itself still goes down occasionally. In the last 12 months we've had two big issues that have both lasted a couple of days.

In most use cases (if you want to run non-time-critical surveys, where an error message popping up is no big deal), Typeform is an amazing data collection instrument. But if your own brand/image depends on it, I think it's going to take a bit longer before Typeform's own infrastructure and architecture is robust enough.

Customer care is always helpful and friendly. Just be aware that they're not available 24x7, which is noticeable if you're not in their timezone (CET).

Pros

Survey looks and works great across all hardware/browsers.
Ease of use.
Value for money.

Cons

Service not reliable enough (if your brand depends on it).
Customer support not 24x7.

Industry: Telecommunications

Typeform makes forms fun!

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

We love creating new forms and seeing how much fun we can make them. This is a great platform and is a must have!

Pros

The customization and flow of forms makes forms more engaging and easier to complete. We have noticed more individuals filling out forms once we switched to Typeform due to the uniqueness and not overwhelming the individual with all the questions at once.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve when creating new forms. Changing an existing template when you are creating a new form will alter any saved forms using that template. The system should send a notification informing you if you make changes it will change other forms using that template.

Jared D.
Industry: Computer Software

Modern, Smart Form Builder!

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Typeform allows us to learn more about new customers about to start the onboarding process while also saving us time by collecting the info we need from them using their logic jumps.

Pros

Typeform has developed a tool with not only a modern, engaging design, but also extremely powerful. You can create a map of logic jumps depending on answers submitted by the registrant.

Cons

Typeform can be a bit complex to use and it's hard to tell if something has saved automatically or not.

René H.
Industry: Media Production

Robust online form builder solution, room for further improvement

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

Flexible and easy to use way to collect data to understand the needs and concern of our customers better.

Pros

Nice and very user interactive, engaging forms, perfect for mobile devices. Good and clean user interface for building and administrating forms. Seamless and stable integration of Stripe payments. Very flexible, you have all possibilities to use. I recommend to use it for collecting quick feedbacks with manageable data to collect. Very easy website and e-mail embed.

Cons

For me, typeform provides too much playful details and they stick on the "skip from one entry to the next" approach. That means you fill out one question and you have to click to skip to the next question. In my opinion, this is not always the best way to provide online forms to your folks. You have to click 10 times to fill out your name and your address, hmm.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Ourania L.
Industry: Investment Management

I cannot recommend it enough

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Excellent user experience! I loved designing the typeforms and their customer support was excellent, something I really value!

Pros

I used to use Typeform everyday for 2 years to design forms/questionnaires and analyze the results and I loved it! Insanely easy to use, great features and great pricing! Also, pleasant to fill in as a user actually filling in a form. Whenever I come upon a typeform today I get a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart for this company.

Cons

There was truly nothing that bothered me. It is so fairly priced and you get so many features. Even when I came upon a little glitch or something (nothing significant enough to remember) it was nothing compared to the value I got out of using it.