Typeform Reviews

Typeform

An online form builder that lets you collect data with ease.

Melanie Latrelle
Melanie Latrelle
  • Industry: Design

Fun way to gather client testimonials!!

Reviewed on 2022/08/29

I've been using Typeform for years!! I find it very easy to use and create beautiful forms and questionnaires. It is definitely at the top of its class when it comes to create fun and engaging forms. I highly recommend this tool to any business that needs to collect client feedback and wants to improve the experience and visual appearance of their forms.

Pros

I love that I can customize the colors and designs of my type forms and feedback questionnaires. I can make it match my brand colors for a cohesive client experience. Typeform is by far the best platform I've used to gather client testimonials. No one really likes filling out forms, however with Typeform it is fun to create the form and fun for clients to send feedback!! Being able to add icons, graphics, photos, etc to my forms makes it more engaging for clients and makes it more likely that they will give me the feedback I need!

Cons

The free version is great as it allows 10 questions. This can be improved because even if I add a statement /separate page and not an official question, it is still counted as a question. It would be nice to be able to add separate pages without it being a part of the 10 free questions.

I would also love it to fully connect with my Honeybook CRM where I can have client feedback go from Typeform to Honeybook.

Jotform

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Google forms is nice as it is free, however, Typeform is so unique and I have more freedom with customization.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Nothing else compared to Typeform because it is easy to use and has a fun interface. Being able to make it match my brand colors and add photos and icons, makes it a joy to use and I get excited about sending my clients my Typeforms. Also, when I receive a Typeform to fill out, I'm more likely to fill it out because of the fun to use interface.
Mark
Mark

Great product, but focused more on aesthetic than functionality.

Reviewed on 2021/04/05

Overall, I'm generally satisfied, but there's room to improve on the functional end. Their #1 differentiator is this conversational, one-question-at-a-time concept, but it is not always the right approach, and they should allow a mix of approaches.

Pros

Typeform has a very nice feel. The experience for the end user is very clean and has a nice aesthetic. If you're trying to look modern and want to have a nice look and feel, Typeform is a big step up from Google forms. Also, if you are creating a survey or form for OTHERS to use, it is great.

Cons

There are some usability deficiencies that were frustrating. For instance, if I want to ask you to stack rank 5 options, I have to create 5 questions, and then present the previous answers, for each one. It's a hack that works, but it's not very smooth and it's a LOT of work for the admin.
Also, the surveys ONLY work for external users. For instance, I cannot use it with a mix of direct and indirect interviews in which some are answered by the user and some are answered by me on their behalf. Not only can I not update answers for a user, but I cannot answer questions on behalf of another. Frankly, NONE of the survey tools support this, so the only solution is to build a database in a No-code or Low-code solution like ZohoCreator or others.
I think Survey tools should allow the surveyor to insert answers.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Typeform was the preference of our Designer, who wanted to create a more attractive solution.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Our top reason for Typeform was the aesthetic. Functionally, it was comparable to Google, but the aesthetic was much better. Ultimately, I'm not sure it was worth the cost. SurveyMonkey did not standout.
  • Used for 1+ year

Typeform has missed the boat

Reviewed on 2021/04/20

Once a real pioneer in terms of surveys, now simply overpriced and overtaken by better and, above all, cheaper alternatives.

Pros

Typeform offers many different question types and possibilities to design the surveys individually and intuitively. With dynamic fields you can target the user. Through the calculation function it is even possible to create a kind of order page.

Cons

The biggest problem with Typeform, in my opinion, is the prices. It offers great features, but especially smaller companies can't afford to invest that much just in a survey tool. Especially since there are now much cheaper alternatives that can fully keep up. In addition, last year even the functions for existing users were reduced, which in my opinion is an absolute no-go. This is an attempt to get users to choose a more expensive plan. Also, I find Typeform's advertising in Survey very intrusive.

Madeline
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Our surveys and outreach have become much more engaging ever since we started using Typeform

Reviewed on 2023/11/02

Our company has used survey platforms before in the past, but Typeform has been by far the easiest for both us and our clients to use. We've gotten such better feedback and engagement, and it's all due to the simple change of having made the switchover. I highly recommend Typeform.

Pros

I really like how user-friendly Typeform is. I think it's a brand that many people are aware of at this point, and when people open up forms or surveys with "Typeform" in the title/email/outreach doc, they understand that they're about to use a very simple and straightforward platform. I think that's the number 1 think above all that I like about it - both our company and our customers know what they'll be getting.

Cons

I feel it could be a little bit more sophisticated in how it can be customized, but again, it's possible I haven't delved into all of it's unique features yet.

Ciera
Ciera
  • Industry: Media Production

Limited but reliable and clean

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Typeform is very user friendly, especially on the presentation end (your surveys appear clean and professional - which I find makes people more inclined to complete). On the back end, it is relatively easy to navigate through creating what you need and tailoring it, but can be a bit confusing and limited when exporting and analyzing the data gathered.

Pros

The best thing about Typeform is how clean, nice and professional your surveys turn out without doing too much work on your part in formatting the look of it. Reliable as a fairly quick to use aesthetically pleasing presentation.

Cons

The one hang up that I continue to find frustrating in using this platform for surveys is the way that you are able to access and view the data collected. I feel that Xcel style spreadsheets and somewhat outdated and an inefficient form of collecting and analyzing your data. For my usage, I have had trouble in finding other options as far as formatting to export your data.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Superior visually as a presentation and for users to access, complete and submit [less roadblocks in accessing survey, completing, and exporting data]

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Much easier to use and customize on back end for quicker and less in depth projects
Jake

Modern style and customisable questions, but not very brand customisable

Reviewed on 2023/09/15

Overall, I love Typeform - especially it's main style and the templates. It does so much that's so useful, and it's definitely mainly a good experience. If I had to choose all over again which product I use, I would choose Typeform again for sure.

Pros

The default (and only) style is modern and looks great, and there are a huge range of options for the question and response types. There are a huge amount of great templates, which make it very quick to create a still detailed form.

Cons

There's a lack of brand customisation, so you can't match the form to your brand's style. This makes it look less native if you embed it into your application or website. Also, while the stats are mostly alright, they lack a feature that Jotform has that I love - turning all your statistics into a presentation automatically.

Jared
Jared

Modern, Smart Form Builder!

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Typeform allows us to learn more about new customers about to start the onboarding process while also saving us time by collecting the info we need from them using their logic jumps.

Pros

Typeform has developed a tool with not only a modern, engaging design, but also extremely powerful. You can create a map of logic jumps depending on answers submitted by the registrant.

Cons

Typeform can be a bit complex to use and it's hard to tell if something has saved automatically or not.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Logic jumps plus we already had an account with Typeform for another department.
Smeetha
Smeetha
  • Used for 2+ years

My favourite survey tool

Reviewed on 2021/06/04

Typeform makes it possible to create surveys that people want to complete. The process of answering is engaging, fun and pleasant. The data collection and view of overall results is also incredible!

Pros

The layout of questions on Typeform is incredible! It is certainly the most aesthetically appealing survey I have ever created. I have used the free version only!

Cons

It takes a bit of playing around and time to familiarise yourself with the question tools; this is not a major issue and is outweighed by the beauty of the end product.

Alexia
Alexia
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Best survey tool for B2B SaaS

Reviewed on 2023/02/09

Pros

I just started using Typeform for my online surveys, and I am very happy with the site. I've noticed a big difference in how my surveys are used and how well they work overall compared to other tools like Google Surveys.One thing I like about Typeform is how easy it is to change the way my surveys look and feel. The platform lets me change a lot of things, which makes it easy to make surveys that are visually appealing, interactive, and interesting to my audience.One thing that makes Typeform stand out is how much more fun and interesting it is than other survey tools. The platform's interactive design and easy-to-use interface make it easy for me to get information from my audience in a way that is fun for both them and me.I highly recommend Typeform to anyone who wants a survey tool with a better user experience and a more interesting way to collect information. The platform has changed the quality and usefulness of my surveys in a clear way, and I think it will do the same for you.

Cons

One thing I didn't like about Typeform was that there wasn't a step-by-step guide to help me figure out how to use the editing tools. I had trouble finding the right options and features to make the surveys I wanted to make. This made the process take much longer and be much more annoying than it should have been.

Fahad
Fahad

Golden tool for all things Surveys!

Reviewed on 2023/02/08

Pros

From the simplicity of creating forms to viewing analytics to even the different designs, Typeform is a beautiful tool for managing, monitoring and creating surveys and forms

Cons

Managing and viewing all the surveys in the main menu is a bit overwhelming to look at and could be improved.

Jonathan

Forms That Feel Great

Reviewed on 2020/03/29

In my online marketing business, we use forms a lot. We sign-up customers, get logo requests, receive feedback, and more. And being a marketing business, we try our best to make the customer's experience working with us as easy and genial as possible. Forms often break that experience, but Typeform provided an excellent solution. This is one of those try it and you'll see type products. The form builder is simple, the form logic is robust and also very easy to implement, and their export options to gsuite integrates with our businesses flawlessly. And by the numbers, we converted more customers to clients at form-time.

Pros

Very few businesses don't require some sort of form, and yet when you ask a customer to "please fill out this form," they clam up, feel annoyed, and sometimes think of bureaucracy. In my business, we try to avoid forms wherever possible, but it's inevitable. Typeform elegantly solved this problem (my favorite thing about their product) by making forms an experience, and providing us a way to build forms that our customers don't mind completing. The form interface focuses on one question at once, then smoothly flows to the next, giving our customers a sense of completion, and-dare I say it-fun. Typeform also lets us customize forms with graphics/images to make them more gorgeous rather than a bland white or grey background.

Cons

Sharing Typeforms is similar to other form products: embed in websites, share via email, send a link. We use those often and we're accustomed to it. However, we'd love to see more integrations with popular online web-builders like Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace. Often, these web builders interferes with or doesn't correctly present the embed code we get from Typeform. Additionally, it would be fantastic to have a responsive embed code. With so many devices and screen sizes, embedding a fixed size creates problems for some customers-yes, you can work around this with a popup, but sometimes we don't want that particular experience.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Google forms, while perfectly integrated with gsuite, was not a robust, easy to use, and fun for our customers. There are also excellent math, logic, and even purchasing options in Typeform that we wanted in our forms, but could not get from Google forms.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Typeform provided us with a complete solution that not only worked for us, but gave our customers a great experience that defied the idea of filling out a form. We work with other business owners and have often been asked how we make our forms...and subsequently passed on many referrals.

The Squarespace of Form Builders

Reviewed on 2022/08/12

Typeform reminds me of Squarespace in many ways. It's easy to use, very hard to make an ugly design and the UX/UI feels very high-quality. However, just like Squarespace, it comes with many limitations because of how beginner-friendly and basic it is. As a designer, this can be frustrating when you want to add anything fancy-schmancy. Typeform is best for when you don't need to make complex conditional steps, and for one person to handle form management. I think it's pretty expensive for the value, but it is a simple tool to add more quality to your business and make it stand out. I only use Typeform when it makes sense to ask questions in an interview like way. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend it for lengthy forms, needing multiple text fields, and ordering.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to make pretty forms that are fun for users to fill out. You can edit any field, and boom, instant perfect UI. Forms feel very high-quality because of the minimalistic design and animations. I also have noticed a difference in responses since switching from Google Forms. Users feel more open about their experiences with products/services and give genuine feedback. Having the lengthy but nice-looking UI weeds out less interested users and brings in more engaged and like-minded users.

Typeform has many integrations, but my favorite one is seamlessly changing all of my Google Forms into Typeforms. When I was rebranding a website, this integration helped a lot so I didn't have to do any extra work other than put in the custom branding.

Cons

One of the downsides is the high cost. The paid plans seem pretty high for something that has limiting/basic functionality. For example, removing Typeforms branding requires the middle tier, which (at this time ) is $50/month. If that's the only thing you want to remove, I think it would make sense to sell this as an addon or one-time payment.

Typeform has one universal style in its forms, so it may not be for you if you want more customization. For example, sometimes it would make sense to put two text fields in one question but you can only have one text input at a time. Unfortunately, you can't add any sort of custom CSS or custom coding.

Jacob

Great for almost everything. Beautiful forms

Reviewed on 2022/08/04

Fantastic survey tool. As far as lead capture/marketing use goes, it did a lot of things really nicely but came juuuuust short of being a truly all-in-one marketer's form software.

Pros

Look and feel of finished forms was always top-notch. We find multi-step forms to perform much better so typeform's one question at a time worked great for most applications. logic was very easy to build, question type options allowed for a wide variety of forms to be built. Doesn't cost an arm and leg either. If using for surveys, the data from the insights is easy to use.

Cons

Only 2 issues, 1 very small and 1 slightly limiting. First, I really wanted to have them fill out their address on one screen. This wasn't possible with the one-question pages which work for most things but make mailing addresses inconvenient and lengthy. Second and slightly more importantly, once you branch out of their hosted forms things weren't always as reliable. Thinks like pop-up features which are premium were ok but sometimes slow to load and not easy to deploy site-wide - you had to include code on every page you wanted something to appear. But if you can stick to embedding forms or the landing page hosted by typeform itself it works great. Oh and the Keap integration is weak. Any kind of custom fields or wanting to add more than one tag on form submission meant I had to go through Zapier which made extra work. Not awful but not ideal.

Top of class Form & Survey Tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Working with Typeform has been a joy. The fact that it integrates with just about every other tool under the sun (either through direct integration or via Zapier), really allows you to streamline your processes.

Pros

Typeform is a really solid product with a great team behind it. The admin panel is very intuitive and easy to use. Even if you’re new to a tool like this, you can get up and running fairly quickly.

I also love the ability to create conversational forms that allow users to focus on a single question at a time. This is a way better approach that shoving a ton of questions in front of someone at once.

Cons

Overall Typeform is an incredible product. My only concern is their pricing.. Its fairly expensive for a form tool.

Involve.me and Feedier

Paperform

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Again, I have to go with the amount of integrations. There are several other tools that offer a similar experience to Typeform, but nothing comes close to the amount of integrations Typeform has access to.

Typeform Review

Reviewed on 2023/02/07

Experience with Typeform has always been good, it is the go-to form or survey collector for startups today, and it is standardized across all experiences.Negative will always be the pricing, I don't think priced very well at all, you simply can't scale with it for larger cases, especially for startups.

Pros

The ease of setup, the designs make your forms stand out. Also the API service is something Typeform does better than everyone else.

Cons

It's too expensive, as a startup it is almost impossible to scale with it.I think most people would just settle on a Google forms or other alternatives once you start to get a deeper look into the pricing, because it is borderline unaffordable.

Tommy
  • Industry: Entertainment

Typeform is top tier!

Reviewed on 2022/09/13

Typeform allows me to create forms that help engage and support my old and new customers that are looking to get more information or inquire about doing business. Overall, the experience has been great and I look forward to continue utilizing this great software to stand out from my competition and create a unique customer experience.

Pros

What I like most about this software is its intuitive ease of use and customizability.
Typeform allows you to create stunning forms that engage your audience all while collecting important data to improve service.

Cons

Typeform does not have many cons, my least favorite feature is that ultimate features are unlocked with a higher paying plan, but that's not that bad.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Typeform presentation was more customizable and gave my forms a much more polished and tailored feel.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Typeform made collecting data fun and engaging for potential clients in a way that google forms did not. Also the integration to put a type form anywhere (website, email, etc,) was so easy.
Stephanie
Stephanie
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

As far as I'm concerned, Typeform is the ultimate tool for surveys.

Reviewed on 2023/04/23

Typeform is our team's go-to platform for creating customer surveys. The intuitive interface, conversational survey design, and customizable options have made it a top choice. Thanks to these features, our target survey respondents find our surveys engaging and easy to use.

Pros

I find Typeform's interface to be incredibly user-friendly, which adds to the visually appealing design of their surveys, forms, and quizzes. One of the standout features of Typeform for me is its conversational approach to survey design. By presenting survey questions one at a time, in a chat-like format, Typeform creates a more engaging and interactive experience for respondents. This unique presentation style has consistently led to higher response rates in our Typeform survey campaigns.

Cons

From my experience as a Typeform user, I have not encountered any shortcomings with the platform. The combination of its user-friendly interface and conversational approach to survey questions make it an excellent choice for my survey campaigns. I highly recommend Typeform as a scalable and reliable survey-making platform to anyone looking for the best features for their surveys.

Matheus
Matheus

The best form experience

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

My experience with Typeform has been great, everything that I thought I wanted to do was possible.

Pros

Typeform is the best tool for creating forms that we have used so far. It creates the experience that we think is the better one for our users.

Cons

There are too many features locked behind a paywall. Because of that, we end up using google forms even though it is worse.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Hands down the BEST survey builder

Reviewed on 2020/04/05

You may not realize why you really need to switch to Typeform until you've actually tried it. There's just something about it that feels more human and welcoming, and makes the survey-taking process less painful and more fun. Both as a survey builder and as a survey taker. There's a lot of form-building software out there, but you owe it to yourself to at least give this a try. You won't regret it.

Pros

Typeform is hands down the best survey builder out there because it prioritizes the user experience. Surveys and feedback forms are a headache to take at the best of times, so the user interface should be beautiful, intuitive, and human-centric. The experience as a survey builder isn't half bad either. The platform does exactly what you expect, like copy/pasting content blocks and the enter key creating an additional answer option. You wouldn't think we'd have to be grateful for this kind of intuitive functionality, but sadly other form builders have made this something to celebrate. The plug-in to Noun Project for icons and Unsplash for stock photos makes it easy to create visually beautiful surveys too. There's also a whole untapped world of reference fields so you can easily integrate other information, like greeting a user by their name and auto-filling in their email address. It makes surveys more human, and that's a huge win.

Cons

There aren't a whole lot of cons when it comes to the survey building and the survey-taking experience on Typeform. The only complaints on our team have been from the more hardcore research types who want a lot of features available for analysis and reporting. Typeform does a great basic report that far exceeds what most people need, and you can generate a shareable link that updates as the answers update. But for some more advanced reporting features, our researchers prefer SurveyGizmo, which also has some more advanced translation features for surveys in other languages.

Sunitha
Sunitha
  • Industry: Program Development

Reviewed on 2023/03/23

Overall, Typeform is a great tool for creating forms, surveys, and quizzes. It is easy to use, and its wide range of features make it the perfect choice for anyone looking to create engaging forms.

Pros

The drag-and-drop feature makes it easy to change the order of questions or insert new ones. The interface is intuitive and the design is sleek and modern. Typeform also allows you to use logic jumps, which make it possible to create personalized forms where questions are only shown if certain criteria are met.Another great feature of Typeform is its wide range of question types. From multiple-choice to open-ended questions, Typeform has it all. It also allows you to add images, videos, and other multimedia content to your forms to make them more engaging and visually appealing. The analytics feature in Typeform is also very helpful. It provides detailed insights into how people are responding to your forms, which can be beneficial in optimizing your forms for better performance.

Cons

There was nothing in particular I didn't like

Paulo
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Best form site I've ever used.

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Excellent site with innovative UX and great service overall. Can't live without it.

Pros

I absolutely love Typeform. In my opinion, it's got the best User Experience overall. Its forms are customisable, but the best thing about it is the one-question-per-time structure. Specially great for long answers, although all kinds of answers work well. Also for when you, for some reason, don't want the person to peek into the other questions, or have some sort of "surprise" promo or something on one of the next questions. Also, the way the responses are shown makes it easy to find specific information. It's also got integration with Zapier to save you time, and offers many ready to use gorgeous templates.

Cons

Only 10 (ten) questions on free mode. Getting only 100 responses is already bad enough. Come on, if you at least offered a plan between free and Pro, more people would get it (specially in countries w/ less 'powerful' exchange rates).

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

The UX is unique. The templates are awesome.
Maya
  • Industry: Media Production

A modern and elegant solution to long and boring forms

Reviewed on 2020/01/16

Typeform is great at what it does, but pricing is steep for a small company. I can do without it, but I'm using it because of the great design that helps my clients and internal staff to make feedbacks and surveys a more enjoyable process.

Pros

The design is the main attraction of Typeform. The logic jump (Premium Feature) is the one that sold it for me. I have multiple different versions of forms that I managed to combine into one thanks to the logic jump.

Cons

The cost is actually very pricey for what it does, just a form provider. However currently in the market, Typeform is the best looking form design and the logic jump is something I cannot do without nowadays.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Better looking design and logic jumps.
Michelle
  • Industry: Publishing

An essential tool for our business

Reviewed on 2023/10/13

I don't know of another product that is as easy to use, gorgeously styled, and consistent as Typeform. We've created well over 50 forms, polls, and surveys over the years and use the forms + gathered information daily. We love Typeform!

Pros

Typeform is so incredibly easy to use for creating forms, surveys, polls, and more. We use it for all the submissions and information gathering in all areas of our business.

Cons

It's such a silly thing, but the home page/first page of the forms have a wonky image/graphic placement. Makes for adding logos or background graphics a bit tedious. Would really love a drag & drop option for that opening page.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

TypeForm is a great product, but can be even better

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

Overall, Typeform is the best option for those who care a lot about the appearance of the surveys/applications that they sent. Some of the options in Typeform are a bit confusing, but this not because of the UX/UI of their product, but because of the nature of building quizzes and forms.

Pros

I like the design of Typeform very much. Frankly, I believe that the main "killer feature" of Typeform is the fact that it looks so much better than all other options, and since it was important to us to have a great-looking application process - that's was the best choice for us.

Cons

The price. Typeform used to be much more affordable in the past, and it's a pity that it is now so much expensive. I believe that Typeform can find other ways to increase their revenge while allowing the entry tier of the software cheaper.

SurveyMonkey

Because of the design.

Reasons for Switching to Typeform

Design, Design, Design :)
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Beautiful surveys. Platform not reliable enough yet

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

We've been using Typeform surveys to collect data continually from our customers all over the world, continually, 24x7. We transfer survey data to our systems via Typeform's API.

In terms of design and usability, the surveys are way ahead of the competition. It's great value for money too.

Where I'm hesitant to recommend Typeform is in terms of reliability. The platform itself still goes down occasionally. In the last 12 months we've had two big issues that have both lasted a couple of days.

In most use cases (if you want to run non-time-critical surveys, where an error message popping up is no big deal), Typeform is an amazing data collection instrument. But if your own brand/image depends on it, I think it's going to take a bit longer before Typeform's own infrastructure and architecture is robust enough.

Customer care is always helpful and friendly. Just be aware that they're not available 24x7, which is noticeable if you're not in their timezone (CET).

Pros

Survey looks and works great across all hardware/browsers.
Ease of use.
Value for money.

Cons

Service not reliable enough (if your brand depends on it).
Customer support not 24x7.