Buddy Punch

Katrina L.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great time keeping app

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

Great app, check in and out with accuracy, keep in contact with supervisors and can submit photos for proof of visit if not using GPS.

Pros

I am an Event Specialist with Deluvia Inc, they upgraded from emailing and faxing my time sheets in to this system. They are out of state so this is a great way for them to keep up with my time while doing "Road Shows". I arrive at my location, open the app and sign in, my employers do require me to attach photos so I snap a photo of the store front before entering. While there, I setup my samples and take a few photos of my presentation to attach when I clock out. I like that I can see my schedule, even though I already know my Road Shows are 11 days back to back for each demo. It takes out 39 minutes for my lunch and keeps up with my total hours so I can accurately calculate my check. They can leave messages after each shift end set of photos. I have seen a few where they wanted to see different angles or my face more throughout my presentations. I've also been told my samples looked yummy, I left messages and asked questions that were answered. This is a good app to have when your employer is out of your area.

Cons

The only thing I found odd was I could log in anytime during my employment, but couldn't do so between Road Shows. I wanted to look at my schedules and could gain access to the app. Other than this hiccup, the app works fine. Deluvia gets my time and there are no shortages on my check.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear that you're using our smartphone app as well as our notes and photos on punches feature. We have a few limiting options for employers and that is why you weren't able to login while outside of the show. Thanks again!

Tohi A.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Best solution to time tracking for our hourly employees, and it keeps me updated when someone forgets to clock out. Also, it allows my employees to make changes if needed, which I can review and approve.

Pros

Ease of use, for both employees and managers. The phone app with the clock in/out feature makes this the easiest for our company.

Cons

No cons so far, and I've been using it for almost a year now.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use! It's also good to hear you are making use of our alerts and reminders. We offer a range of reminders that can be sent via push notifications on a phone or email. Thanks again!

Xenia H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Easy and easily accessible from anywhere!

Reviewed on 2017/08/07

Ease of use for employees and administrator alike

Pros

I love many things about this software!
1) It is self-explanatory. Even the most technically-challenged employee can figure out how to use it, for the most part.
2) Edits are made by the employee, and approved by the administrator where other programs require the administrator to make all the changes. This can be daunting depending on how many edits and how many employees there are that need them in a single pay period. With BuddyPunch, it's super easy to get employees to take responsibility for their own errors and edits.
3) This program is available even when our electricity goes out or our server goes down. And it doesn't take up any space on our server. The other time clock software we used to use was always a challenge for our IT experts to reload when they were doing updates due to the amount of space it took up on our server and because it wasn't updated to current technology standards available today. Employees are even able to clock in when they're outside the office doing work.
4) I like that employee messages and their times show up in the same report.

Cons

The time card reports are what I like least about this software. Each employee's time card report has to be downloaded separately. I would prefer that all employees show up on one report for more convenience. I end up copying and pasting each employee's excel report into one excel spreadsheet each pay period.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for your review Xenia, we appreciate you taking the time! Thank you for pointing out all of the features in your review, including the editing ability for employees and the approval on your end. This can be an overlooked feature that I know helps when managing employees. Also thank you for the feedback on the time cards, we'll look into making that a batch process. Also take a look at the Payroll Export, which is another report that shows time worked for each employee each pay period, it usually provides the data you need. Let us know if you need anything else, and thanks again!

Susan I.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Whenever I have a question that I can't find in the FAQ or a billing issue, they are super friendly and quick to respond. I even accidentally got charged for a full year subscription when I wanted to go monthly, and they refunded me immediately after contacting them. CSR is very helpful, and always quick to respond!

Pros

I like that you can require a photo and location for your employees when clocking in, and can monitor them pretty easily. It is really easy to set up, and you can put extra data in your employee files to have it all in one place. I also like that I can assign managers over certain employees, so they can monitor their own departments and approve accordingly. The facial recognition feature is super helpful when a bunch are clocking in on one device!

Cons

I find the navigation of the site is a little complicated at times. I tend to have to look around for a few minutes or hit the help to find a certain feature that I am looking for. Most of the time they have the feature, I just can't remember where I found it last time.

The app isn't super helpful as the administrator. It is much easier to approve time-cards and review employee activity through the website vs the app. (The app is pretty much good for clocking in purposes only.)

Wish that your facial recognition picture worked for punching in even if you use the "log in" feature vs the "punch" one. (Currently you have to take two pictures when using the "log in" with facial rec. option for punching in.)

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Susan for the review! It is great to hear that you're finding our customer service excellent and that we've been easy to setup and have all the features you are looking for. Thanks for the suggestion on Facial Recognition - we use the same photo when punching in directly but you are right, if you log in first then you take another picture. Also you can approve time cards on the app, but there's a lot of information to review so I can understand how using the web is a lot easier. Thanks again!

Kate B.

Absolutely stellar customer support, works exactly as advertised

Reviewed on 2017/11/20

Pros

The Customer Support team is super responsive, thorough, and effective. Their support software allows for much quicker response times than you could get on the phone. Their team is knowledgeable about my organization and the way that we use the platform - I have received many helpful suggestions to how we can best leverage the BuddyPunch platform in our sometimes complicated organizational structure. We have had very few issues, but have always received immediate resolutions when anything has come up. The software is straightforward and well-run, and was easily understood by our team of 55+ non-technical staff of all ages. I appreciate that new releases are well-tested before they are launched and free of bugs - the BuddyPunch team does a great job of maintaining the integrity of the application while continuing to add more value to the software frequently. We have had consistent experiences on the web version as well as iOS and Android apps for the life of our subscription.

Cons

I would like a little more flexibility in reporting outside of the confines of the predefined reports.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you so much for the review Kate. I'm glad that we're providing an easy to use solution and that you find our support quick and knowledgeable! I'm glad that you're also taking advantage of our smartphone apps and I appreciate your comments about a bug free experience. We do our best to thoroughly test everything we release. Also thanks for the feedback on our reports, we are looking to add additional reporting options in the future. Also if needed we do have an API that can be used to integrate with. Thanks again!

Cindy R.

Simple and Easy to Use Time Tracking Product!

Reviewed on 2016/08/09

I handle HR for a small start-up tech company, and we were looking for a simple, easy-to-use time tracking software solution that was also cost-effective for our size. We found Buddy Punch, and it seemed to offer everything we needed, and it was reasonably priced. We signed up for the trial period, and our employees were impressed immediately. They were able to start recording their time immediately with zero training or assistance, which was a priority for us.
The system is also very easy to use from an administrator end (editing punches, viewing timecards, etc.) Buddy Punch produces concise reports which can assist with transferring employee hours to any payroll system that you may be using. If you do experience any issues or have questions, it's very easy to place a support ticket and a response is usually given within 1-2 hours at the most. Customer Service definitely seems to be a priority which we appreciate.
Once our trial period had concluded, it was a no-brainer to continue with this easy, intuitive solution.

Pros

Easy to use for admins and employees
Concise reports
Archiving of data is permanent while a paying customer (never lose past timecards)
Reasonably priced

Cons

Wish there were better customization options for hour categories (i.e. floating holidays, Jury Duty, etc.)
App for I phone needs improvement (can only view who is punched in currently)

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Cindy, we appreciate it! You are correct, we place ease of use and customer support at the top of our priority list. We are always looking to improve so thank you for the suggestions, we are working on updating our smartphone apps and will have the updates ready soon. Thanks again for your business!

Taylor B.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Pros

I will say I truly do like working with Buddy Punch. Any time I have an issue, its immediately fixed and it seems like Buddy Punch is constantly taking customers issues and using those to fix the system overall. Every business is going to have issues, it's a matter of fixing them and improving . I have never dealt with a company before, not just an online time clock/scheduler, that has responded so efficiently to customers issues and wants to fix it to where it doesn't happen again in the future or fix it to where its easier to use in the future. I truly appreciate it!

Cons

Not being able to delete inactive items. That is something they are working on allowing customers to fix. Even though I cannot delete them myself, I can ALWAYS chat with a Buddy Punch customer service rep and they take care of it for me.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Taylor for the review and your business. We appreciate the kind words!

Nanci S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Switched from time clock

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Pros

User friendly, ease of putting in vacation and holidays

Cons

Maybe an easier way to correct punch in/punch out times when missed

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Nanci for the review, it's great to hear you are finding us user friendly.

Christopher M.

Great time tracking software

Reviewed on 2017/12/04

Pros

The ease of use of it and that it was web based rather than .exe based. Overview provided is also very neat and flows nicely.

Cons

The only con that I have for BP is that you need a converter some times to know exactly how many minutes you need to get to a full recorded hour as there is no live tracking for that.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Christopher for your review, I'm glad that our ease of use really shows in setup and your daily use. Also thank you for the suggestion, we try to incorporate feedback into all of our product updates. We appreciate your business.

Kelly N.

Easy and very convenient

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

This software allows our office staff to work from anywhere while keeping them honest. It is also very easy for staff and management to use.

Cons

I haven't had success integrating the software with our Quick Books application but honestly haven't tried very hard.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks for the review Kelly, I appreciate you taking the time. I'm glad that you're finding us easy to use and that we're helping keep your staff honest. I'll reach out to you about the Quickbooks integration, we integrate with both Quickbooks desktop and online. Thanks again!

Anita Y.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Excellent Software and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

Pros

I am very satisfied with Buddy Punch. The software is very user friendly. If you contact customer service with an issue, they fix it immediately. They'll even take your suggestions into consideration. I've never had an issue with this company. I highly recommend them.

Cons

No cons about this software. If I ever have an issue, it is fixed.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Anita for the review and the kind words about our customer service, we appreciate your business!

Reanna F.

Easy way to track your time!

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

It's enabled us to upgrade from a very antiquated timekeeping system to something more advanced and easier at the same time!

Pros

It's easy, it's intuitive, and staff are really receptive to using it.

Cons

The interface to QuickBooks is a little tricky. Sometimes, things don't come across exactly as I had expected.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Reanna for the review, it's great to hear that you're finding us easy to use and intuitive! It sounds like you're using our integrations with QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online. The desktop integration requires use of a tool provided by Intuit, so unfortunately we don't have as much control with that integration as we'd like to. If you ever do need help with it please let us know. Thanks again!

Leslie R.

Easy, fast and simple!

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

I am solving the fact that we are a mobile company and punching in helps out so much with the app, and also keeping track of your time, or requesting time off, or keeping track of employees time is so much easier and accessible

Pros

I love that it is very accessible, you are able to have it on either personal or work phone, and makes punching in easier, and keeping track of your time, or employees time as well.

Cons

Sometimes you'll have small glitches, but all you have to do, is exit and initiate the app

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Leslie for the review, it is good to hear you are making use of our mobile apps and our time off tracking. We appreciate your business!

Beka P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Easy and Simple! I like it!

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

Pros

Our staff was able to transition to using Buddy Punch across a wide variety of shifts, so it was easy, simple and did what we needed it to. I like that users can go back and edit as well as see reports, plus employers can review it easily and create categories

Cons

The strength is also its weakness - it's so simple that it doesn't have extra features. It'd be nice to have some way of tallying categories up for the week so one doesn't have to do it on the side. Ex: sick leave/ absences / regular clocked in hours.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Beka for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy and simple to use. In regards to your request for more detail on hours please see our various reporting options. We have a PTO Summary report as well as an Hours Summary, which will give you that break down. Thanks again!

Gena R.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The best product with the best support

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

Pros

I have worked with A LOT of HR products including many different time keeping systems. 2018 was the first year I was introduced to Buddy Punch and I have never experienced such amazing customer service as I have with Buddy Punch. They are like the Amazon of time keeping systems. They're live chat is with real people who quickly solve any issues that arise. The system is really simple and easy to use and best suited for those individuals that are at a computer and for smaller companies in general

Cons

I can't think of any cons about this product.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Gena for the review! It's great to hear that feedback about our customer support. We try to provide the best experience for our users and if any questions arise we are happy to answer them. Thanks again!

Alex N.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Alex's Buddy Punch Experience

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

overall I love using Buddy punch and would highly recommend it to other companies!

Pros

I have been using Buddy Punch for about 7 months now with my company and It is a very simple and effective program that keeps us organized. I love the fact that I can see exactly how many hours I have each day.

Cons

The ONLY thing I would suggest is to allow us to make notes on days that have already passed, For instance I forgot to sign in one day and could not go back into the notes to let my supervisor know. Other than that, everything has been great!

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Alex for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us simple and effective. We do have the option to add in notes to prior punches, however your administrator would need to allow you to make edits to punches. Thanks again!

Pamela P.

Time saver for sure. Easy. Accurate.

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to set up users. No more worries about keeping track of remote crew hours across the country.

Cons

Sometimes login doesn't load fast enough. I am unable to sort some of the lists/reports by different criteria.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Pamela for your review and your continues business throughout the years. I'm glad that we're helping you keep track of hours for your remote crew. Thanks for the feedback as well, we'll continue to refine our reports as we get requests for changes. Thanks again.

Richard O.

Payday just became that much easier

Reviewed on 2016/06/13

We love the fact that we can simply step away from the old school "micro-managerial" format of chasing peoples hours down. The fact that it locates where and when the employee signs in/out is great for our management team from not only a time card perspective but also in determining where they are. We work in construction and have multiple sites in which our employees work. This tool provides me one location to see when they arrived and exactly where they are. Great benefit

Pros

GPS Tracking on log-in
Picture capture on log-in
Eliminates the head aches of chasing hours for employees and applying it to certain jobs
Simple reports sent directly to our management team on day of running payroll
Quickbooks migration

Cons

The mobile app could use some help
I wish I could input employees vacation and PTO days and it would automatically deduct days used and track them
I would like to see different pay rate formulas for different scenarios ie drive time we pay 1/2 time, shift differential we pay 1 1/4 time etc. Yet everything comes across as full time and we have to calculate the additional out

Keri D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Employee view

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Pros

the clock in and out is very easy and straight forward. I can also add in the PTO hours I want to use. The ability to review the 2 week period before submitting for the pay period is perfect and it seems as though the administrator has ease in making necessary adjustments if I forgot to punch in or out.

Cons

there are some delays in signing in and out. Not sure if it is due to our local internet speed or the software.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Keri, it's great to hear you are finding us easy and straight forward to use.

Paul S.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Paul Swington

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

It’s GREAT!!

Pros

I get to manage my hours and make editions if needed. It enables me to work remotely.

Cons

The fact that it’s an option to take a picture when it’s in use.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Paul for the review, it is great to hear you are finding the editing feature helpful. The image on punches option is a feature that can be enabled/disabled as well. Thanks again!

Jullian G.
  • Industry: Publishing

Intuitive and Simple!

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

As an employee, my main use for Buddy Punch is just in the daily clocking into and out of work. Since my job divides time by various tasks, I frequently switch between several tasks in a given day. It's always been easy to use and smoothly executed.

Pros

The software is very easy to use - some time card systems tend to be overly busy or complicated, which really doesn't match the needs for such a system.

Cons

Well it *was* the inability to easily switch between tasks, but this was recently changed in an update.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Jullian for the review, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use and that you are making use of our newest update that includes switching between tasks or jobs. Thanks again!

Michelle R.

So Far, so GREAT!

Reviewed on 2016/05/11

We have been using paper time cards for as long as I've been here. When we had less than forty employees that system worked ok.
When we grew to over sixty employees something had to change. I just knew there had to be an "app for that." So I began my research and stumbled across Buddy Punch. Their pricing is super competitive and their software intuitive.
I gradually moved each department over to Buddy Punch and it has been GREAT. Most folks pick up on it right away. The system is intuitive and those who do have difficulty only need a quick tutorial and they are good to go.
Buddy Punch has given greater visual to each manager allowing them to see where their employees are spending their time and how much time their employees are working.
We are a multi campus church so to have the option to select location AND department is very helpful.
Buddy Punch customer service is super helpful and quick with a response. Love that!
I have enjoyed moving from paper time cards to something that generates reports easily and quickly. It has streamlined the payroll process and saved us money.
Thanks Buddy Punch!

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the glowing review Michelle! I'm very happy to hear that the transition from paper has been easy for you and your employees and that Buddy Punch has saved you a lot of time and money. I'm also glad you pointed out the visibility that you now have into time with the various reports we offer and your use of the departments and locations feature. Thanks again, we appreciate your business!

Mary B.
  • Industry: Tobacco

BuddyPunch for the Average User

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

Pros

The BuddyPunch software made tracking everyone’s hours so much easier. Definitely a huge step up from manually filling time sheets! Schedules are easy to pull up too.

Cons

Occasional glitching sometimes creates a need to try punching in twice, but overall has minimal performance issues.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Mary for the review, it is great to hear that we're making things easier! Also please reach out if at anytime you have any issues, we are happy to help troubleshoot.

Linnley S.

Efficiency in keeping time

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

Pros

I like the simplicity of Buddy Punch in learning to use it and modifying time cards. It's efficient for clocking in and out as well as managing your previous hours. I do love having an app for it on my phone too.

Cons

I'd like to be able to edit my hours easier, if I forget to clock out it auto clocks me out which is great but it can be complicated to edit then have to have my admin edit it for me.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Linnley for the review, it is great to hear that you are finding us simple and efficient. In regards to the automatic punch out, that's a setting but it can be disabled if needed. Thanks again!

Paige M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Buddy Punch

Reviewed on 2018/11/03

Use it everyday that I work, absolutely love it. Easiest way to keep track of hours

Pros

Easiest punching in and out system I've ever used in my 8 years of job experience. Can edit/add/remove information about punch ins/punch outs, can leave notes for managers and so much more

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little bit to load or freezes

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Paige for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy to use. It also sounds like you're taking advantage of our notes option on punches, which can be left for managers on both the punch in and out. Buddy Punch does take an active internet connection to use, but we are working on an offline mode as a feature. Thanks again!