Gmail

4,8 (12 212)
Free email and inbox management app, from Google

(12 212)

Sarah
Sarah
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best email service without downloading an email client

Reviewed on 2022/04/28

Excellent. I've been going Gmail strong for over 15 years now.

Excellent. I've been going Gmail strong for over 15 years now.

Pros

Gmail's search function is what keeps me coming back. Outlook's search function is terrible. I love that I can also have multiple Gmail email addresses and have the email forwarded from them to the main one I use. This is helpful when subcontracting and I get assigned a company email. I have a subcontractor Outlook account that is a pain to use. I also use the labels and email filters which are super helpful. I can't stand that Outlook puts emails in a different subfolder b/c I forget to check it and miss emails. But Gmail keeps it in the inbox and applies the label to it. Gmail also has a free scheduling tool called Koalendar that is just like Calendly but better.

Cons

I don't like the ads for personal gmail or the privacy concerns. For business gmail, I don't have any ads and that's helpful. It doesn't integrate with Google meeting as well as I'd like (and Google Meeting isn't that great). I no longer use the chat function, but I used to about 10 years ago.

Thunderbird

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Yahoo Mail had too many ads

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I like the web-based email better than a desktop client
Himanshu
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Experience,pros and cons about G mail

Reviewed on 2024/02/13

Overall gmail remsins one of the most popular and widely use email platforms globally offering a combination of convenience,functionaly and reliability for personal and professional communication

Pros

I liked the most about gmail it has generous storahe capacity,search functionality,spam filtering and user interface

Cons

I would like to tell you some cons about it like privacy concerns,customization limitations,intergration with third party tools and cutomer support

Christopher
  • Industry: Entertainment

No other alternatives for our business

Reviewed on 2021/04/19

We didn't really want to use Gmail but there are very few alternatives for our business. We use Google Workspace for our company so unfortunately we are king of stuck with Gmail rather than choosing it ourselves. This is mainly due to the fact we we already pay for Gmail storage.

Pros

Integrating our customised business email addresses into Gmail is probably the most useful feature Gmail provides.

Cons

From the start of using Gmail for our business email addresses we constantly get a "something is wrong" alert on our accounts. Formatting doesn't work when cut and pasting other fonts or colours, and the general experience of Gmail is, well, clunky, if that's the word. While it offers lots of custom features it is hard to find out how to use them as the support is just a Google Forum, therefore spending far too long trying to find the right answer. Finally the limit to file size attachments is frustrating. As a media company I send large attachments and after surpassing the 25mb limit a link is then provided to the other remailing attachments. I'm then going back and reducing file sizes as it doesn't look professional in my opinion.

Ariz

Easily the Best Email Provider

Reviewed on 2024/01/15

Excellent. It allows us to conduct our business smoothly and it's rare that we miss something.

Pros

It's easy to set up and use. It also allows you to use a lot of the advanced features if you are so inclined.

Cons

I wish it had some native functionality that is provided by third-parties.

Weebly

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Gmail was just smoother and easier to work with. The interface is also a lot more intuitive.

Weebly

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

The functionality was just better for Gmail.
Chandra

Gmail Review

Reviewed on 2024/02/17

Pros

I highly advocate using this solution as it is completely free and secure, and I have had tremendous success with it.

Cons

The only thing I find annoying is that my primary inbox gets people's responses when I send calendar invites. Gmail doesn't pick up on this—not even if I rename it to "Updates" or something else. Every time, I have to do that.

Subhajit
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Gmail is a very user friendly email service

Reviewed on 2024/03/06

Superb by and large, keeps me coordinated, and the capacity to make envelopes for messages is perfect for sorting out business records

Pros

I like that Gmail coordinates so well with other Google items/programs like Keep. I like the smooth work process this gives.

Cons

I have no regrettable criticism. I've been absolutely content with my Gmail account.

Hina

Best for Business Use

Reviewed on 2024/03/10

I have used Gmail for over 10years and I like it.

I have used Gmail for over 10years and I like it.

Pros

Gmail is user friendly and the dashboard easy to use and organize emails.

Cons

The left margin or where all the folders are listed, that column needed to be wider or have customer be able to customize the length of that folder column.

Mohan
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Gmail smart

Reviewed on 2024/03/02

Pros

Coordinating Gmail with my schedule, Drive, and site implies everything is smooth. My business would be significantly more unnatural without Gmail.

Cons

Perhaps the main thing, I could make reference to is the plan, I'm searching for any deformities.

Calum

The ONLY email provider I'll ever use

Reviewed on 2024/03/21

Pros

The user-friendly display and navigation mean I'll never leave them... thanks Google, top drawer work.

Cons

Nothing... I've never come across an issue with gmail on a personal level.

Arpan kumar

Gmail reveiw

Reviewed on 2024/02/19

Gmail is one of the part of life, because anyone can easy use

Gmail is one of the part of life, because anyone can easy use

Pros

It is more useful for office, easy to use

Cons

A lot of spam message also come, so that difficult to understand spam message

Syazwani
Syazwani
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

All i need for email

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

Gmail is the longest emails manager that i have use, either for personal use and business use. Throughout the years, Gmail has expended and giving better service for me especially when all the attachment file will be scanned first for any virus or malware before it will be available to be downloaded, it really help put ease to my mind.

Pros

Everyone has at least one Gmail account and i am one of them. Managing my personal email account is really easy as i can use it from my smartphone. They also has a good detection rate for spam email and i almost don't have to check my spam inbox anymore, as they really good at separating between legit and spam email.

Cons

There are not easy way to delete the email in my inbox. I have to select each of the email to delete it and no way to select everything in bulk, and delete them altogether. There are also no option to archive my email to off sites storage, everything is only accessible online and not offline.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

I use Gmail everyday for both personal and business use

Reviewed on 2021/04/23

I have been using the free version of Gmail for years. The amount of features you get access to for free, like Google Docs, Google Forms, and even the ability to forward your website business emails (yourbusiness.com) to your gmail account - all this is just amazing! Switching over to Gmail was the best decision I've ever made.

Pros

I switched over from Yahoo to Gmail years ago because Gmail automatically keeps track of all emails that are sent between parties. Meaning, when you email someone and they email you back, Gmail automatically saves every email you send to each other and keeps it in one thread.

This feature alone is extremely helpful for me in my business. I can always go back into a thread and get business details from that were written months back.

I also like that you can add people into your contacts list. This feature is helpful so that important client emails aren't lost in the land of Spam.

Lastly, I like the way you can label emails and organize them into categories and folders. This feature prevents my inbox from getting cluttered and makes past emails easy to find.

Cons

When you open a new account, sometimes it's a bit confusing to add email category folders like "Updates" and "Forums" to the main dashboard that you see as soon as you log into your account. I did go on YouTube to figure out how to add the "Updates" tab on my own though. It's a simple thing to do, but it's not very clear that you can do that when you sign up for your account.

Shahryar
Shahryar
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Gmail. The trendsetter.

Reviewed on 2021/07/28

Gmail is an excellent E-mail platfrom that I've been using as my primary email service from many years. It is easy to send and receive emails and organize them in it.

Pros

Gmail is an excellent email service and is consistently evolving with time. It has a very pleasent and user-friendly interface and allows you to easily compose and read emails. Its basic free version offers quite a good amount of storage space for E-mails and attachments. Your gmail id is used to operate a lot of Google applications and hence offers a high degree of accessibility and integration. As it also works with Google contacts, you readily get your contacts in the email client. Apart from the basic web version, it has dedicated Email app available for all smartphone platforms. You can easily edit and rename folders and labels in it to sort your mails of interest together. Apart from that, your google docs, sheets, drive etc files syncs to your Gmail, that you can access from anywhere just by logging in to your Gmail account.

Cons

Though it do not have any major flaws, but the one thing that some times prove to be very annoying is that attaching a single attachment file exceeding 30 MBs limit in size is not allowed in it.

Josh
Josh
  • Industry: Design

Its free, get a gmail address instead of something else.

Reviewed on 2021/09/14

It's an amazing email system to use and there is really no reason not to have one or multiple. Great interface and plenty of free space.

Pros

It is amazingly free and also one of the best email interfaces for personal emails. I love that I can connect my business emails that are done through my cpanel hosting account right into gmail. I can check and send emails as my other accounts that are non gmail. Gmail gives you an amazingly generous amount of space for email and works that into their google drive system as well. You can get multiple email addresses if you need them. You can also use their chat which is very easy to search in both email and chat.

Cons

There is almost nothing to dislike. Every now and then the spam filter is a little overzealous or randomly an email doesn't get to the receiver though that may be how I wrote the email. That's very little to complain about with a free product.

cPanel & WHM

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I use them for different things for my personal email I think gmail is the best and has some of the best sendability. I only use cpanel emails that are for emails that I need to have the website url instead of @gmail.com. So it is a fantastic product for these kind of emails and I wouldn't use anything else.
Eric R.
Eric R.

Gmail is a product I truly love

Reviewed on 2021/09/23

I use Gmail for my personal use as well as the three companies I work for, all of them are using Gmail. I appreciate the ability to use those separate systems and store my signature, capture every bit of information I can so I can almost use Gmail as CRM, and the fact that options like scheduling email have started to show up as part of the platform.

Pros

I've used Gmail since it was first announced and it does so many things well that I have a hard time leaving it. First off, Gmail conversations is the way that email always should have been and that one innovation was life-changing. Search in Gmail is like a search of my life (for my personal account) and for all of my work (my business accounts), which I rely on heavily. I love have all communication forwarded to Gmail so I can use it in the same way that Evernote is used by others. Now that the app is starting to steal the best of Mailbox, Spark and other efficient email systems (but skipping the dopey innovations of upstarts like Hey!), I think we'll use Gmail for pro and personal email forever.

Cons

I miss the way that a Gmail search used to go across all of your documents and other Google files. I wonder if it was done from the privacy perspective but it's definitely something that I used to rely on.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Gmail had better functionality and still does.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Gmail has superior search and better mail management.
Jeanette
Jeanette

Gmail Great For Personal And Business Use!

Reviewed on 2022/09/04

Gmail is user-friendly. I love that it offers a free personal account as well as an inexpensive paid account for business. Gmail is the perfect solution for me to stay in touch with both personal and business contacts.

Pros

I love Gmail because the free personal email separates emails into Inbox, Social, and Promotions categories which allows me to focus on the more important email in my inbox first without getting distracted. The paid version of Gmail for my business allows me to offer a HIPAA compliant email to my clients with security features for client privacy. In both personal and business emails I can create Folders for greater organization and the search feature allows me to find information or contacts quickly.

Cons

For the personal Gmail account, sometimes email falls into my Promotions folder instead of my Inbox so I miss time sensitive email.

Amit
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Gmail is Amazing

Reviewed on 2022/10/05

Overall I am very satisfied and I would recommend everyone to have a Gmail Account. In-expensive for business accounts and provides much more than you think

Pros

G-mail is a user friendly, easy to operate, Almost everyone who has a email account also have a Gmail account, its features and functions are just amazing , you can do much more with Gmail.

Cons

Some important mails are directly send to spam folder so every time I have to check spam folder, secondly there is no customer support if you get hang up you have to work on your own there is no help

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Yahoo Servers were getting stuck again and again, I like to the feature to stop mails which are send by mistake in Gmail.

Festus
Festus

Best Email Provider Service Goes To Gmail

Reviewed on 2022/11/13

With Gmail, I and my team receives messages faster and even star the messages so we can quickly find them whenever we need them.

Pros

1. its free to create and use2. messages drops faster3. the spam filter is amazing4. messages are segmented based on their priority5. it has a relatively large storage6. able to star messages7. able to login to other email providers like yahoo mail, webmails, outlook and so on.

Cons

the storage is limited sometimes it automatically deletes messages after sometime

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

1. it takes a relatively longer time for messages to drop on my inbox2. spam filter is not really effective

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

1. Easy to create, manage and use2. messages delivers faster3. easy user interface4. irrelevant and phishing looking messages are blocked5. quick email alerts and notifications
Tanner

Gmail is the best Email

Reviewed on 2024/01/08

Fantastic! I cannot imagine using any other email.

Fantastic! I cannot imagine using any other email.

Pros

Gmail is the most helpful email inbox software that I have used both professionally and personally. I highly recommend it!

Cons

The multiple verification login and the time it takes if you are locked out of an account.

Juno, Yahoo Mail and AOL Mail

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Gmail was much easier to use and allow for the streamline of my calendar and contacts.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

It had the largest inbox size without being costly at the time.
Aline
Aline
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Gmail makes my business correspondence easy to manage.

Reviewed on 2021/02/22

Overall, Gmail meets all of my business and personal needs. I have just integrated the smtp services in my website with Gmail which stops my business emails from going into my customers spam filter. I like the options of how to set up how I view my pages and the integration with other programs make it an easy application to work with.

Pros

Gmail is my email provider for business and personal. I switch from Microsoft years ago because Gmail was an online service that I could access from anywhere. It is within the Google umbrella and makes it simple to integrate with my day to day activities. It comes with many options such as filters, various screen displays, multiple emails, forwarding, and much more.

Cons

The only con I have with Gmail is how the emails are displayed when the Conversation View is turned on. There should be more options when enabling this option. It is an option that makes STREAK CRM work better when turned on but it is not very user friendly. Most of my emails have multiple users in it so emails sometimes get lost in the shuffle.

Maher

Easy to use and offers many features

Reviewed on 2020/05/16

Gmail has been a very positive experience for me. I've been using it for about 10 years and it has just kept improving. Now, it is also adding new features to help people during quarantine such as starting a video meeting with people.

Pros

The best feature that gmail has to offer is definitely categorizing received emails into categories. When you go into settings and enable this feature, it puts emails received into 3 categories; primary, social, and promotions. Because of that function, the inbox is a lot more organized and allows the more important emails such as emails received from colleagues or other students to be seen immediately. It also increases the likelihood of them responding since the email was easy to find. Another feature I love is the unsend feature. If i realize that I may have made a mistake after an email was already sent, I can press the unsend button and fix the issue. Even though it's limited to 30 seconds, I've used it countless times.

Cons

The main aspect of gmail that needs improving is its spam recognition. Recently, spam emails have been finding their way into the primary inbox even after the sender has been flagged. Another improvement that gmail needs is increasing the size limit of attachments. Currently, a few photos that are high quality easily reach the attachment limit of 25mb.

Micheal
Micheal

My Gmail user experience

Reviewed on 2021/08/27

Overall I have had a wonderful experience with Gmail. Previously it can take up to 10 minutes for my mails to be delivered with other companies. But with Gmail, it takes literarily seconds for my emails to be delivered.

Pros

The major thing I like about Gmail is that it allows me to manage multiple accounts on one device. I have personal, business, social, official, and general email accounts. So it has helped me to be more organized, unlike the previous product I was using.

The desktop version helps me connect to other Google apps like classroom, forms, drive, meets seamlessly. These are extremely important tools for personal use and my business.

The delivery time for emails sent or received is in seconds, unlike others that will take minutes for emails to be delivered.

The security features it also provides are top-notch. My email accounts cannot be easily hacked because they are all connected to my phone number.

I like the way Gmail sorts out the emails I receive into primary, social, promotions emails. It helps me look out for the emails in need in different sections.

I like the many options it gives in recovering my passwords whenever I forgot them.

Integration to my existing business process is quite easy. No technical difficulties were experienced as Gmail onscreen prompt guided me all through the process.

Cons

Gmail should be more flexible whenever someone wants to log in to their account with new devices. The security codes it sends can be quite annoying.

Gustavo

Essential Email Management Tool

Reviewed on 2021/10/05

Overall this is an essential modern email management tool for any organization. I strongly recommend using this tool because your employees will be very happy.

Pros

I am on the sales team at my organization and I use this tool every single day. It's essential for my work and my success as a sales representative. It allows me not only to connect with my colleagues and partners internally but also gives me the ability to manage my communication with prospects. Gmail is very easy to use and even sends me reminders to reach out to certain prospects if I have not responded to them.

Our organization also really appreciates its security feature. Our company values security greatly because of our customers. Gmail gives you the ability to check whether or not certain emails are safe. The tool alerts you when you receive a suspicious email and even gives you reasons as to why it may not be safe to click on a link or even respond to the email. It highlights the suspicious email address and gives you the ability to choose whether or not it's safe.

It is very easy to use when it comes to attaching documents, links, presentations, and even videos. As a member of the sales team at my organization, this tool is essential for my success. Without this modern email management tool, it would be very difficult to succeed as a sales rep at my organization. It integrates very well with other tools we use like Outreach and many others.

Cons

My only concern with Gmail has to do with storage. We send hundreds of emails a day to prospects and customers and Gmail doesn't have the ability to store all that information as well as it could. This also means that you put your trust in Google when it comes to protecting the security of our messages, internally and externally.

Honest
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Gmail: My humble review

Reviewed on 2021/12/18

I have been using Gmail for the past Five years now, I was using this platform to communicate with my BELOVED, little did I know that I can boost my income on Gmail account. Marketing via Gmail is a completely effective method to talk with your customers. Generally it's miles very cost effective, and if nicely completed, can assist create logo identity and dependability.

At an average of just a few centavos cost in keeping with message, it is truely a fantastic good buy in comparison to traditional unsolicited mail. Furthermore, marketing through Gmail has a strong reaction price which stages from 5-35 percent relying on industry type and format.

One gain of advertising and marketing gmail is the amount of data that customers deliver whilst registering to your subscription electronic mail. By learning who your clients truely are, which include their gender, age, earnings and mainly their unique pastimes, you could goal your services and products to deal with their needs.

Pros

Brings in fascinated audiences. My offer reaches prospect customers that already have conveyed hobby to my topic.

Cost effective. Compared to all different strategies of direct marketing, substantially, G-mail advertising is much much less luxurious.

Fast and effective. Conventional direct advertising methods, like direct mail, absorb loads time to make and execute. Then, you continue to should watch for any other few months to assess the effects with the intention to affirm achievement. In permission or
“decide-in” G-mail advertising and marketing, promotions can be applied in just days with final results traceable in actual time, offering you with immediately and direct feedback as your marketing campaign or promotion is in its development degree.

Responses are high. Generally, permission or decide-in G-mail campaigns brings approximately higher reaction costs compared conventional direct ad promoting or even other forms of on-line merchandising or advertising.

Not like a website, wherein a web user has to memorize the web cope with in addition to don't forget and go to, an email ezine or e-newsletter frequently appears at certain intervals with out a effort from my client. Over a certain length, it strengthens my perceived capability, educates my recipients regarding their call for for my products and services, then make me their choice of company while my recipients finally makes a decision that it's time to appoint a person.

Cons

1. Today, with the appearance of unsolicited mail, Gmail can be a poor environment to cope with. This manner that possibilities are specifically searching their email for specific messages from friends, family and colleagues then, all else is banned. However way to anti-junk mail packages and electronic mail servers that filters unsolicited mail messages into the majority folder. Take into consideration although, that some of emails can probably be filtered to the unsolicited mail folder when not accredited by using the recipient.

2. Email messages want to be quick. Prospects need brief and to the factor information. Therefore a lengthy copy is simply out. Complicated offers without a doubt are out. So are helping arguments and records.

3. Emails restrain my creativity. All text is quite dull and with G-mail massages, text is the maximum essential component. I can't even create creative messages as my recipients demand immediately to the point classified ads or reports.

Several small on line corporations presume that the internet has little or no worth to them considering that they accept as true with that their products or services can't be sold effortlessly on line. However they are but to discover the electricity of fee-powerful statistics processing as well as digital media or e-mail can advantage maximum small on line groups deliver quicker and higher communique and customer service.

Ian

The ultimate in email search and storage

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Pros

The best thing about Gmail without a doubt is, unfortunately, the least known. Google is well known as a search engine, but few seem to realise that search technology is applicable to email if they use Gmail. Of particular value is the ability to tailor the search to find just what you're looking for, such as an email from a person with a certain name who sent a picture between date X and date Y.

Additionally are labels. Why file emails in folders - put instead Gmail labels them and multiple labels can be applied, it's like having an email in multiple folders at the same time, this also allows for greater filtering to identifying specific emails.

Finally, there is the email storage. Personally, I delete emails every day unless it's related to work, income, or expenses; the result of this is that my Gmail account that I've had since 2011 has only used 5% of storage, I doubt I'll ever use up all the space as it keeps growing!

Also noteworthy are features such as the ability to marks email as starred and/or as important plus links to quick get to those emails. a recent addition is the ability to snooze or defer emails to a later time more suitable or appropriate for reading the email rather than filling up your inbox.

Finally Gmail, works seemlessly with every third-party email application I've used, all you need is your address and password to connect, jargon such as mailservers and SMTPs are entered automatically behind the scenes, this makes Gmail via third-party apps very user-friendly.

Of course, as it's a Google product, a Gmail account means you also can login to other Google products such as YouTube.

Cons

An unpopular feature is tabs that separate and emails by content into inboxes emails that are promotional, social, updates, and from discussion forums. This can help separate and prioritise email but I don't like it and it can easily be disabled, but it does mean newsletter providers are always asking people to move their emails to the primary inbox.

Another negative - depending on your perspective - is the automated analysis of your Gmail account (not by people leading to Google serving adverts relevant to you. I view this as a positive, but it can sometimes feel like there is no escape from an advert in an email that you showed interest in one time and which consequently shows up on websites you visit, but this is why Gmail is free.