TaxACT

4,7
4,4
Shilleah S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Easy Way of Doing Our Small Business Taxes on Our Own!

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/06/17

I loved TaxAct when we did use it! It is very affordable for small business owners, and guides you through all the questions in order to autofill our taxes.

Pros

It walked me through all the uploading and importing of our business tax information, and pretty much held my hand the whole way through our business taxes.

Cons

We ended up switching our Payroll to Intuit, so was easier for us to use Turbotax this year instead of TaxAct, since it is directly linked with our payroll

Earlie R.
Industry: Music

What's Your Business without TaxAct Business

Reviewed on 2020/01/28

I love TaxAct Business and will use it forever!

Pros

This is definitely the tool for your business if you're a sole proprietor. The navigation of this software is phenomenal resulting in me not missing any of my deductions and expenses that I can write off! The customer/technical support is always available to answer any questions.

Cons

Sometimes, the wording can be a bit confusing, but customer service comes in to save the day for me!

Neha T.
Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Affordable but doesn’t offer as many extra features as its competitors

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

TaxAct software is comparatively easy to use, with pricing that compares well with most of the other available software. Unlike Turbo Tax and H&R Block, it can’t import W-2 automatically due to which it takes time to file the return.

Tax Act is relatively less expensive. The interface is simple and navigation is relatively easy. Tax Act allows you to import a previous year’s return, which saves some time as individual do not have to enter all your personal information. It also allows you to pay your filing fee with your refund.
Review and alerts are also available in this software before finalizing of returns.

Cons

The lack of a W-2 import is disappointing. Being able to upload your income information saves time and prevents errors from manual entry. It also lacks good customer support.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Hailey C.
Industry: Events Services

So easy to use

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/06/19

I will use this again and again. If you have any experience doing your own taxes you will breeze through this. If you have never done your own taxes, you may find yourself asking a few questions or needing clarifications but the application has planned for this and you will easily find the answers you need.

Pros

Taxact provides everything you need in order to do taxes. If there are any confusions or questions, there is usually a button that will clarify what it is asking. Everything is stated clearly.

Cons

Some things are listed only by their "technical title" and I would have to figure out which is which myself. Minor inconvenience for those not familiar with tax forms.

Tanya B.

Good tax software

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

I use this for my personal businesses and have been very happy. Switched a few years ago and wouldn't go back.

Pros

I like the cost compared to Turbo Tax and the results come out exactly the same when comparing the two options.

Cons

Customer support could be better and sometimes finding information on the tax items is hard to find.

Industry: Apparel & Fashion
Company size: Self Employed

I love TaxAct Business, great pricing.

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Pros

What I like most about TaxAct Business are the prices and the ability to do taxes at home. Also being able to go back and see previous years, and get help from a tax professional.

Cons

Well unlike some other tax software, it's not as automated and colorful.

Industry: Computer Software

Use every year for taxes and cheaper than competitors

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Pros

It is cheaper than TurboTax and other bigger tax solutions. It's also very easy to use and walks you through each step to earn the biggest refund.

Cons

Some questions were confusing and it could do a little better job explaining certain terms.

Susan H.
Industry: Graphic Design

Easy to Use What More Can You Ask For

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

Tackling that year-end chore of filing my taxes is almost palatable with TaxAct Business.

Pros

TaxAct Business takes the headaches out of filing taxes... well almost. Let's face it, you still have to file them :( After you have your final numbers, it's just plug and play. Electronic filing is a breeze.

Cons

I discovered that my taxes did not get filed a couple of years ago. I have to confess that it might have been totally my error but just be sure you get the confirmation email that your returns have been accepted.

Lisa E.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Easy tax solution

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Pros

-super easy to use
-all terms are defined in simple explanations so anyone can understand
-it's easy to go back to any page and edit previous entries
-you are prompted to answer yes/no to tons of questions so you don't miss out on any deductions
-you can file your state and federal taxes right there at the website
-you can save your progress and come back at a later time

Cons

there's nothing I don't like about taxact! It makes doing my taxes super simple

Hillel A.

Easy to use, price just went up.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

It's easy to use. Customer support is very helpful. Once you gather all your tax papers, the app leads you with questions to fill out your tax forms easily.

Cons

Time spent waiting for customer support is sometimes up to an hour. They just raised the price for the state returns .

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Jack D.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Robust Business Tax Software

Reviewed on 2019/09/02

Pros

TaxAct offered a few features that other business tax software services didn't offer, which allowed us to use a software to file our taxes rather than hiring an accountant.

Cons

The help database sometimes lacked clarification on certain tax terms.

Lisa L.
Industry: E-Learning

I feel comfortable recommending TaxAct

Reviewed on 2019/08/24

It's been a great experience, I've used it every year for a while now, for my business and others.

Pros

TaxAct has a great free software product, but this Business software is good for businesses. I do my own taxes and also help others and I'm happy when I use TaxAct.

Cons

I feel that the ease of use is great and the price is reasonable, no complaints. It meets the competition and exceeds it.

Angie H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Tax act makes my taxes a breeze

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Pros

It makes doing the company taxes a breeze. Before we had to pay an accountant but now I'm able to do our taxes saving the company money which is a plus all around. It's an easy software program to set up and even easier to do taxes. It makes setting up new employee tax information a breeze and monthly payroll couldn't be easier

Cons

It lagged a little after the latest upgrade but other than that it's great

Sam G.
Industry: Medical Practice

Good tax service

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

For the money it is a high quality product but other competition my be easier to use.

Pros

This site allows you to do annual taxes without the need of a CPA. It walks you through step by step on items you may need to enter.

Cons

It is not as user friendly as some other options such as taxslayer and TurboTax. It is a cheaper option though.

Crystal S.

Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

TaxAct

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/27

Such a superb value, highly recommend

Pros

Sooo easy to use! Guides you through each step

Cons

No dislikes. Think program works great!

Yvette G.
Industry: Design
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Good step-by-step tax software

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/05/18

Pros

Does a good job of walking through each step and helping users understand what is required or relevant to them.

Cons

The interface is outdated and requires a lot of scrolling within unnecessarily small boxes.

Company size: Self Employed

This Tax Software Saved me!

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/10/26

Overall, I had a good experience with tax Act, and I was able to successfully file my taxes.

Pros

I love the ease of use of Tax Act business, and the way it intuitively helps tax prepares with the whole income tax prep process. It does this by providing explanations for complex terms, providing money saving suggestions, and providing alerts when it detects information may contains errors.

Cons

The aspect I liked least was the cost for State filings - federal filings were affordable however I felt that the state filing prices were over priced.

Lisa W.
Industry: Legal Services

Great tax software for business.

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Pros

The ease of migrating data forward year to year. The ability to set up secure users that can log in individually.

Cons

The initial setup can be a bit confusing.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Did the job

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

I found it to be a friendly app, clean layout, organized questions, and overall offers many features.

Cons

I really didn't use it enough to determine what cons there are. There is a cost associated so, I advise to review a couple of tax apps and determine what works best for your environment.

Gregory Y.
Industry: Computer Software

Not impressed

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2016/09/28

Used id for personal and small business. Had problem electronically submitting to IRS. In fact, the TaxAct indicated that it was submitted, but later I got the request from IRS to submit it by paper.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10