TaxACT

Tax Preparation Software, File Taxes Online, Free E-filing

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Other for 2+ years

I love TaxAct Business, great pricing.

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Pros

What I like most about TaxAct Business are the prices and the ability to do taxes at home. Also being able to go back and see previous years, and get help from a tax professional.

Cons

Well unlike some other tax software, it's not as automated and colorful.

Lisa W.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great tax software for business.

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Pros

The ease of migrating data forward year to year. The ability to set up secure users that can log in individually.

Cons

The initial setup can be a bit confusing.

Susan H.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Easy to Use What More Can You Ask For

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

Tackling that year-end chore of filing my taxes is almost palatable with TaxAct Business.

Pros

TaxAct Business takes the headaches out of filing taxes... well almost. Let's face it, you still have to file them :( After you have your final numbers, it's just plug and play. Electronic filing is a breeze.

Cons

I discovered that my taxes did not get filed a couple of years ago. I have to confess that it might have been totally my error but just be sure you get the confirmation email that your returns have been accepted.

Sam G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Good tax service

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

For the money it is a high quality product but other competition my be easier to use.

Pros

This site allows you to do annual taxes without the need of a CPA. It walks you through step by step on items you may need to enter.

Cons

It is not as user friendly as some other options such as taxslayer and TurboTax. It is a cheaper option though.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

This Tax Software Saved me!

Reviewed on 2019/10/26

Overall, I had a good experience with tax Act, and I was able to successfully file my taxes.

Pros

I love the ease of use of Tax Act business, and the way it intuitively helps tax prepares with the whole income tax prep process. It does this by providing explanations for complex terms, providing money saving suggestions, and providing alerts when it detects information may contains errors.

Cons

The aspect I liked least was the cost for State filings - federal filings were affordable however I felt that the state filing prices were over priced.

• Used Other for Free Trial

Did the job

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

I found it to be a friendly app, clean layout, organized questions, and overall offers many features.

Cons

I really didn't use it enough to determine what cons there are. There is a cost associated so, I advise to review a couple of tax apps and determine what works best for your environment.

Hailey C.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Other for Free Trial

So easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

I will use this again and again. If you have any experience doing your own taxes you will breeze through this. If you have never done your own taxes, you may find yourself asking a few questions or needing clarifications but the application has planned for this and you will easily find the answers you need.

Pros

Taxact provides everything you need in order to do taxes. If there are any confusions or questions, there is usually a button that will clarify what it is asking. Everything is stated clearly.

Cons

Some things are listed only by their "technical title" and I would have to figure out which is which myself. Minor inconvenience for those not familiar with tax forms.

Tanya B.

Good tax software

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

I use this for my personal businesses and have been very happy. Switched a few years ago and wouldn't go back.

Pros

I like the cost compared to Turbo Tax and the results come out exactly the same when comparing the two options.

Cons

Customer support could be better and sometimes finding information on the tax items is hard to find.

Lisa E.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Easy tax solution

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Pros

-super easy to use
-all terms are defined in simple explanations so anyone can understand
-it's easy to go back to any page and edit previous entries
-you are prompted to answer yes/no to tons of questions so you don't miss out on any deductions
-you can file your state and federal taxes right there at the website
-you can save your progress and come back at a later time

Cons

there's nothing I don't like about taxact! It makes doing my taxes super simple

Lisa L.

I feel comfortable recommending TaxAct

Reviewed on 2019/08/24

It's been a great experience, I've used it every year for a while now, for my business and others.

Pros

TaxAct has a great free software product, but this Business software is good for businesses. I do my own taxes and also help others and I'm happy when I use TaxAct.

Cons

I feel that the ease of use is great and the price is reasonable, no complaints. It meets the competition and exceeds it.

Gregory Y.

Not impressed

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

Used id for personal and small business. Had problem electronically submitting to IRS. In fact, the TaxAct indicated that it was submitted, but later I got the request from IRS to submit it by paper.

Neha T.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Affordable but doesn’t offer as many extra features as its competitors

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

TaxAct software is comparatively easy to use, with pricing that compares well with most of the other available software. Unlike Turbo Tax and H&R Block, it can’t import W-2 automatically due to which it takes time to file the return.

Tax Act is relatively less expensive. The interface is simple and navigation is relatively easy. Tax Act allows you to import a previous year’s return, which saves some time as individual do not have to enter all your personal information. It also allows you to pay your filing fee with your refund.
Review and alerts are also available in this software before finalizing of returns.

Cons

The lack of a W-2 import is disappointing. Being able to upload your income information saves time and prevents errors from manual entry. It also lacks good customer support.

• Used Other for 1+ year

Use every year for taxes and cheaper than competitors

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Pros

It is cheaper than TurboTax and other bigger tax solutions. It's also very easy to use and walks you through each step to earn the biggest refund.

Cons

Some questions were confusing and it could do a little better job explaining certain terms.

Brian J.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Tax Act Review 2020

Reviewed on 2021/04/20

I found it easy to use and it met all of my needs for filing several individual federal and state taxes and the efile process was also very easy to use, so it worked great for me.

Pros

Tax act is easy to use when following the question and answer sections. It also highlights areas of your taxes that you might not have thought about. You can import your prior tax return very easily and for some IRS tax forms you can also import the data directly from the senders. The software have several quality control reviews for federal and state taxes. You can efile your returns or print and mail your returns. You can also save your returns and a backup copy of your return on your computer

Cons

There are different tax software packages depending on how complicated your taxes are, so you need to make sure you pick the correct software by Tax Act. Also in getting some customer support it took a long time to get someone on the phone and they were not that helpful.

Angie H.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Tax act makes my taxes a breeze

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Pros

It makes doing the company taxes a breeze. Before we had to pay an accountant but now I'm able to do our taxes saving the company money which is a plus all around. It's an easy software program to set up and even easier to do taxes. It makes setting up new employee tax information a breeze and monthly payroll couldn't be easier

Cons

It lagged a little after the latest upgrade but other than that it's great

Shilleah S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Easy Way of Doing Our Small Business Taxes on Our Own!

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

I loved TaxAct when we did use it! It is very affordable for small business owners, and guides you through all the questions in order to autofill our taxes.

Pros

It walked me through all the uploading and importing of our business tax information, and pretty much held my hand the whole way through our business taxes.

Cons

We ended up switching our Payroll to Intuit, so was easier for us to use Turbotax this year instead of TaxAct, since it is directly linked with our payroll

Earlie R.
  • Industry: Music

What's Your Business without TaxAct Business

Reviewed on 2020/01/28

I love TaxAct Business and will use it forever!

Pros

This is definitely the tool for your business if you're a sole proprietor. The navigation of this software is phenomenal resulting in me not missing any of my deductions and expenses that I can write off! The customer/technical support is always available to answer any questions.

Cons

Sometimes, the wording can be a bit confusing, but customer service comes in to save the day for me!

Jack D.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Robust Business Tax Software

Reviewed on 2019/09/02

Pros

TaxAct offered a few features that other business tax software services didn't offer, which allowed us to use a software to file our taxes rather than hiring an accountant.

Cons

The help database sometimes lacked clarification on certain tax terms.

Yvette G.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Good step-by-step tax software

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

Pros

Does a good job of walking through each step and helping users understand what is required or relevant to them.

Cons

The interface is outdated and requires a lot of scrolling within unnecessarily small boxes.

Teresa L.

TaxAct Review

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

Pros

Much cheaper then many of the other Tax software products. The is the main reason I switch because the price is right and they have great customer service.

Cons

I have yet to find anything to bad because this is my first time using it. I feel if you read instructions you can complete if with no problem.

• Industry: Printing

Very Simple to Use!

Reviewed on 2021/03/01

Pros

I have used TaxAct the past couple of years in order to file both my state and federal taxes without any problems whatsoever. When they say they are able to file the most accurate return, they mean it. I say that because they allow more options to choose from when it comes to deductions, for instance, when filing. The platform as a whole is simple to use and the pricing options are quite fair, as well. You can save even more, (20% off the cost of your federal filing), when you visit their website via the following link:

Cons

Nothing to report on this front, luckily!

Cheryl M.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Been using this for years!

Reviewed on 2021/03/26

I’ve had success using it and it’s made doing taxes each year much easier.

Pros

It is efficient and easy to get my taxes done and submitted.

Cons

I forget my password after a year, don’t remember where I put it. So I need to usually reset password each year.

Hillel A.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Easy to use, price just went up.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

It's easy to use. Customer support is very helpful. Once you gather all your tax papers, the app leads you with questions to fill out your tax forms easily.

Cons

Time spent waiting for customer support is sometimes up to an hour. They just raised the price for the state returns .

Amy H.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

TaxAct

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

Such a superb value, highly recommend

Pros

Sooo easy to use! Guides you through each step

Cons

No dislikes. Think program works great!

Crystal S.