MiCloud Connect

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Shoretel Communicator: Making Communication Easy

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Shoretel has really helped to streamline and make our communication efforts more effective. I rarely type in anyone's phone number; I simply look them up in the system or reference my saved contacts.

Pros

I like the line redirection feature the most. You can configure and redirect your line to your mobile phone with one click, which is great and convenient for remote or offsite days. I also like the messaging feature because not everyone in my company uses Skype, but most everyone uses Shoretel. Shoretel also replaced all of our physical phone directory sheets, which is a nice step into the 21st century.

Cons

The call history feature doesn't always update in real time. I've seen instances of a missed call not showing up immediately in my call history, making it impossible to promptly return the missed call.

Jeff S.
  • Industry: Banking

Enterprise class VOIP phone system at a much lower cost than competitors

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

We needed a VOIP system that was powerful, yet easy to setup and use without having to hire someone full time to operate it. ShoreTel gave us exactly that and now with over 350 phones, we rarely ever have any issues.

Pros

Although its a hardware and software VOIP telephone system, the software is extremely powerful and flexible, yet very easy to setup and use. Once it's programmed, it simply works. There are a lot of hardware options when selecting phones and enterprise required devices that making simple connections to remote offices and mobile users possible. You will also notice Mitel has acquired ShoreTel, but same high quality software and hardware support available.

Cons

Tech support is great, but extremely expensive and only available through VAR's or primary vendor you purchased hardware through. Trade off is that if not too complex of implementation, instruction manuals provided make for fairly easy install and setup.

Very intuitive to use - very little training required

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Overall works very well, is easy to use and is a good business tool.

Pros

It is an easy program to learn - very little, if any training needed. We use the system for calls in general but also for sales and support lines with rollovers. It is easy to call people via the PC, conference and transfer calls. It also displays extensions, if people are already on calls, etc. which is very helpful when trying to route customers to an available rep.

Cons

It seems like it sometimes conflicts with some programs and auto-logs people out. Maybe this is sometime we have setup incorrectly, but we have had it happen with a few different users. It will auto-log them out, but yet appear, on their screen that they are logged in.

Michael L.

I use ShoreTel Connect as our company's main method of communication for outside...

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

ShoreTel allows me to connect quickly and efficiently with candidates and colleagues.

Pros

ShoreTel Connect integrates seamlessly with our Salesforce databases, allowing me to quickly call candidates and clients by simply clicking the number on the screen. When making 100+ calls per day, this small quality of life assist is very welcome.

Cons

I have experienced some issues while attempting to use ShoreTel when not connected to our company's network. When connected via home/public Wi-Fi, there will be intermittent issues with maintaining a connection to ShoreTel.

• Industry: Telecommunications

A phone system built with business in mind

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Pros

The management is drop dead simple. The documentation is all hot linked to the part of the management interface you are using right then. The user client is easy to use and looks great. The system has been rock solid and I love the architecture with resiliency and cheap redundancy built in from the ground up.

Cons

There has been some support upheaval during the closing days of ShoreTel ownership, but that seems to be improving under Mitel, hopefully that trend continues.

CS Manager

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Pros

I'm able to see which of my CS agents are logged in and available to take calls, as well as sign them out of the system if they're away from their desk. The analytics are really powerful and allow me to schedule lunches and breaks according to when our slow times occur throughout the day.

Cons

The reporting could be more up-to-date. Looking at the average call times is usually 15 minutes behind.

Easy to use phone management system

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

Pros

Phone software that allows us to integrate calls into our email and has been easy to use for even our least tech-savvy employees.

Cons

Updates time-to-time has been problematic, but I feel that maybe more due to our tech side vs software issues. If your system isn't set up in a conventional manner it could potentially cause headaches

Scott C.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Connects to Everything!

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Pretty easy initial setup - but can get quite technical and difficult the further you dive in to do substantial changes to how it connects to other programs and phones.

Pros

I love the fact the Shoretel will connect to just about everything. It goes through anything connected through a Microsoft product and can get all contact information you need to import.

Cons

It takes quite a bit of searching and setup to get into your Office products and personal cell phones to grab contacts to import. It also is not the easiest to utilize for user freindlyness when it comes to changing setting ie, call forwarding and away. Also doesn't send Caller ID information when forwarding calls.

Diane L.
  • Industry: Building Materials

ShoreTel is a great product

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Ease of use and ability to contact employees without picking up my phone!

Pros

I love the ease of using ShoreTel from my computer screen. It makes it much easier to call other employees when I need help with something

Cons

There is nothing a I do not like about ShoreTel. It is very easy to use and I have not had any problems with it.

Riccardo F.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Phone System!!

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Pros

This is a fantastic phone system for large or medium enterprise, very high quality and nice phones
Good messaging system

Cons

Annual support can be expensive for the phone system
Tons of add-ons, not an all-in-one price and you get everything, very fragmented in what you have to buy to make it a fully functioning system

Chad G.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Quality phone system with lots of features

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Easy to use phone system.

Pros

This phone system is capable of doing lots of different things, so there's a learning curve but overall it's pretty easy and does it's job well.

Cons

To be honest it's just a phone system that does what it's supposed to do, so I can't say I dislike anything.

Mike F.

Absolutely Great

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Pros

Our company uses Shortell and they are great. In all the years of using different providers they are hands down the best.

Cons

Some of the features are not rolled out to us. This is more of a corporate regulation but I’d like to be able to use all the functionality

Great Phone System

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Pros

-Easiest auto dialing system I have ever used
-Desktop app handles outbound/inbound calls without a problem
-Their customer service is great
-Really handles everything when it comes to calls and a must for any sale/customer service team

Cons

I did not find anything wrong with this software. My only advice would be to make sure you have a good internet connection or you could have some issues.

Michael D.

A Great Cisco Alternative

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Cisco Agent didn't do enough for us, so we decided to use ShoreTel. Great change, you can type names and extensions straight into the softphone and instantly dial anyone.

Pros

Easy to use, great management of devices, users, and admin.

Easy dialing,

ShoreTel phones can also take a BEATING.

Cons

The software could be a little cleaner on the side. The UI needs a bit of a change, especially the back end which just looks old.

Ethan C.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Shoretel is great! I love the software side that connects to my computer.

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Quick and easy access to contacts and calls.The features are nice and I have not had any problems with it so far.

Pros

Shoretel software connects to my computer and all contacts are able to be saved, searched, and dialed right from my screen.

Saad Y.
  • Industry: Insurance

Best vendow and the product in the VoIP market

Reviewed on 2015/03/11

Pros

My experience with ShoreTel Sky has been fantastic so far. Their system and the phones are very easy to use. In fact, I have a couple of people who got extra phones for their homes where all they have to do is plug the regular network cable to the phone and they are able to make/receive calls.

Using the software is a breeze. All the options are spaced out and even though you can do a LOT from the home screen, it doesn't seem crowded.

Cons

There is isn't any way to record more than one greeting. In our previous system, there was an option to record several greetings, so if you are out of office or busy in a meeting you would enable that greeting. Hopefully, in coming months, ShoreTel Sky will have this option as well.

Leon B.

Just awful. We have been on the connect platform for 2 1/2 years.

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

There doesn't seem to be any problem with their billing service as they always make sure they get paid on time. Besides that it is really difficult to find anything this system does well.

Cons

The up time as they like to measure it is closer to 75% not the 99% they advertise. What does it matter if your system is working from 9pm-7am when most businesses are not operating. Call recording is always a mystery if it will actually record the call or not. We needed a specific function of the phones to operate our business. We made this perfectly clear from the first business meeting to the last. When we began setup they told us that the system did not have that feature. They eventually created a work around, but our contract is up this fall and cannot wait to get off of this system.

• Industry: Political Organization

Good, easy, simple

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

Pros

I loved that the end user system software worked so well. It was easy to use and allowed end users to manage their phone options (forwarding to VM/other line, softphone, etc.).

Cons

It ended up being too expensive for us to maintain and we had to move to another phone and software provider.

Sandra S.

Makes a sales person’s life easier

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Overall I think this is a really useful system especially when you’re in a role where you have to make a lot of dials.

Pros

Some days I have to make up to 80 dials and having Shoretel really saves me a ton of time with the click-to-dial feature.

Cons

There have been a couple of times where I’ve had to restart my computer intirely because my calls weren’t being recorded.

Zak G.

Excellent Product and Extremely Amazing Support

Reviewed on 2014/05/28

Pros

The service is competitively priced, reliable, and flexible; it adds a whole new level to our mobile workers, but their support is by far the best I have seen.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I dislike about ShoreTel Sky. When a better way of doing things is discovered, ShoreTel Sky usually has it implemented or is in the process thereof before we can submit our idea to their Ideas portal.

Thomas A.
  • Industry: Capital Markets

MiCloud Connect

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Pros

Having the right phone is key to success to see your track record on calls and just making transfers to your phone and your computer is key.

Cons

if the phone disconnects it does take a few HR to get back up. Downtime is needed for long waits

Racey C.

Was great initially, now not so much so

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Pros

When we first switched to Shoretel several years ago the features and functionality were mostly in line with what was out there. The user training was decent, cutting over to the new system was super simple, and everything like porting DIDs and getting the equipment installed was really easy. Unfortunately Shoretel basically hit a wall and never progressed any further.

Cons

We were promised a number of integrations and new functionality and it just never happened.

Does what it should - nothing fancy

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Pros

Shoretel works well for making calls quickly. Also works well for finding internal team members quickly. User interface is easy to navigate.

Cons

Seems like it is missing some features that would be nice to have. If you just need a standard call system then this works great.

Beth C.

18 months in and we still like it

Reviewed on 2015/03/12

Pros

Excellent support and call quality. There is virtually no difference between the old premise-based PBX and the hosted ShoreTel VoIP system.

Cons

Not being able to have more than one 'away' message is what I like the least. If you have people who travel a lot, this is a pain point.

Gabe S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Hardware is more user friendly than the functions offered through the computer

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

Pros

The button layout on the provided phones are very easy to use.

Cons

It takes longer to go through the system when trying to merge calls.