DEAR Inventory

4,1
4,2
Dallas L.
Industry: Wholesale

Dear has significantly helped our company

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

Our overall experience is positive. It was a little bit of a learning curve, but now that we have it down, I couldn't imagine going back. It helps us stay organized and helps us become more efficient and detailed with our operations.

Pros

We transferred from Quickbooks to Dear Systems and it has been a great improvement. Our ability to manage inventory is far greater than before with QB. It's simple/easy to use, but also robust and has some very helpful features. We're in the wholesale industry. On the sales side - we love the pick, pack, and ship functions. This allows us to easily provide another level of detail for our customers that we couldn't before. We can enter what we packed on what pallet and then easily print pallet break downs and detailed packing lists. I also like the way you can mass pick, or mass print sales orders. The advance sale option is nice, so you can track back order shipments right on the same screen as the original order.
On the purchase order side, the advance receiving functions let you receive inventory against one PO more than once which is helpful.
We also just started keeping some inventory in another warehouse, so the ability to keep track of that through dear is nice.

Also the B2B portal has been a nice addition to our company as well.

Cons

I think the reporting tab is pretty clunky, that might be what I like least about Dear. They're on the right track, and some of those reports are very helpful. It's just that I have to export them to excel and modify them quite a bit for them to be what I want them to be.
Also I think the "credit purchase order" and "credit sale note" functions are pretty confusing/complicated.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Dallas,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have done major improvements to the reports section. With the new UI/UX improvement that was rolled out in the beginning of 2020 the usability and functionality of reports has never been easier. We have detailed knowledge base articles for each report and how to use it. You can read more about it by visiting https://support.dearsystems.com/support/solutions/folders/1000217591/. If you have any questions you can contact us at any time on [email protected] & a Customer Success agent will be ready to do a quick demo to help you.

Cole N.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Poor Experiences

Reviewed on 2020/03/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I wish I had control over whether we switched to a new inventory management system, but all I can do is voice my displeasure and hope that change comes. As for anyone looking into it, it seems to me that DEAR has gotten mostly positive reviews. In my experience, I've had almost nothing positive to say about it. I sincerely hope that everyone will put in a little extra money for something more reliable and customer oriented so they, or those that they work with, will not have to deal with the frustrations our warehouse has gone through.

Pros

It seems that DEAR is cheaper than other options, and seems to have a wide variety of functionality -- at the very least, it has all the functionality that our company and our warehouse needs.

Cons

This product in particular has been so poor that I dedicated a lot of time to find places to review it. I started using DEAR 4 years ago when I picked up my job at this company. My company was small then, and DEAR had not been in use for very long when I got there.

Speed has always been an issue, but it hasn't become a big issue until recently as we've become more dependent on inventory and getting things done in a timely manner. In addition to being slow, we experience almost daily shutdowns of the site where nothing can be accessed. Usually, these last anywhere from a few minutes to 30 minutes, but the other day it went down for over 2 hours! This was during our shipping time when we are entirely dependent on the system, although it should be noted that we are dependent on it for the majority of the working day anyways. We ended up staying late to compensate -- and it was a Friday.

Support was not any help as they always provide empty reassurance that their 'team is working hard to improve and optimize the servers', and don't provide any kind of real fix. I could accept that if it noticeably improved over the years, but it hasn't. Clearly it's not enough of an issue for them to actually address.

Overall, terrible software service and terrible customer service. If they excel at anything, it's making their website look pretty -- although I have my complaints about poor functionality of the website as well.

TL;DR -- Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Cole,
Thank you for your feedback. Over the last year, we have done a lot of change to improve the performance. To name a few; individual database for each customer, code restructuring, optimize the query, offloading some processing to different servers for quick execution and we also have a 24/7 team monitoring the system for any performance issues & addressing them before customers get affected.
One of our Customer Success Managers has been trying to contact you. We want to give you personalized attention to help you resolve any difficulty you may be facing.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Luke M.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Product, Great Price

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

DEAR does exactly what it says it does, its a no frills solution for a company with basic inventory needs. We moved to DEAR from MS Dynamics NAV due to the fact that Dynamics options were limitless and for a still small but growing business it was too feature heavy and navigating around to get to the parts we needed was tiresome. What I'd really like to see is a stronger roadmap now from Dear to ramp up their features, particularly reporting isn't great, its quite static and you can't build your own, so a report builder would be ideal or an integration with a BI service so that you can build reports elsewhere. Our particular bugbear is trying to track down stock by batch and location, the information is there but its not in the best format. However for the price you can't complain, dear is an easy to use product that serves a wide variety of needs.

Pros

Easy to use, value for money, cloud based, integrates with finance package, support is great.

Cons

Reporting functionality needs work, no ios app, light on more advanced features

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Cameron S.

Looking good so far

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/07/08

While still working inside a trial version, in preparation for cutting over from our current system and going live with Dear, I have been pestering the Support team on a daily basis for a few weeks now as I work through the finer points of the system. The Dear support structure is good - well structured with quick response times to questions, Was particularly pleased that one support person (thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) went the the degree to create and send me a custom video demo of the system aspect I was trying to understand that was hard to explain in text. I also found the published Video Tutorials and support pages helpful.

Pros

While thinking, as a Distributor, we have 'out-of-the-box' requirements for managing our inventory and processes around it, the exercise of evaluating our idiosyncrasies in order to go shopping for a new IM system has taught me that there's possibly not the absolute perfect system for any business, but the Dear system is beating the rest as it ticks most of the boxes on my wish-list for an inventory management system. For a complex system it's relatively intuitive and seems to be built with real world functionality in mind. In addition to my list of specific features, I was looking for a system that could automate as much of our manual tasks and work flows as possible - reduce the amount of data entry required and minimise opportunities for human error. Compared to other systems reviewed, Dear excels in this area.

Cons

Possible just a COVID thing ...or just a modern day thing, but I remember the days when; if you were looking at making a big commitment to something as important at the system that would manage all your inventory and link to your financials, someone would sit down with you and work through your specifics, helping you evaluate their offering as the right purchase decision for you to make. These days, it's "down load a free version and have a play". I've probably reached the sames decision based on the latter, but it's definitely taken up a lot more of my time to do so. Granted, phone calls and screen sharing sessions are on offer, but I find the time-limited sessions, working with generic databases etc. less beneficially that the old fashioned way. Not a short coming of the Dear System itself and every software company may have the same M.O, but perhaps an opportunity for Dear to differentiate themselves from the masses and win more fans - and quickly?

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Cameron,
I am glad that DEAR has met your expectations in terms of being an out of the box solution.
We recognize the important role that DEAR plays in our customers daily business & we do put a lot of thought into to how to make DEAR user friendly and automate most of your business processors.
To help our customer setup DEAR faster, we do offer an onboarding & training (https://dearsystems.com/onboarding-and-training/); where we help all our customers to make the transition smoother. If your interested you can book a call with us and one of your Customer Success agents will get in touch with you - https://calendly.com/dear-systems/20-minute-call

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Nigel B.

all in all very happy

Reviewed on 2017/11/19

Pros

"Moved over from sage around 12 months ago to Xero and added Dear which answered the major issues I was having with Sage in that the inventory element (sure, that's not what is was designed for) was woefully inadequate for our business.

I have to report that 12 months in that Dear has met and exceeded expectations and added real value to my inventory management and customer order processing. With the recent addition of the B2B portal, and what my customers will be able to do once is it fully operational will really revolutionalise some of the challenges we faced in, for example, letting customers know what is available from stock etc.

Overall, we made the right move and I haven't seen a better combination of integrated applications than Dear and Xero!
Well done and thanks to both!"

Cons

Dear is a brilliant and responsive company, although my only gripe, is that there are few updates or communique's relating to bug fixes or developments of the application. Example is the B2B portal, there are many comments about what features are needed and bug fixes, but as yet no commentary from Dear as to which will or won't be incorporated. Like me, many will become less likely to comment f it is not apparent that they are being acknowledged. Come on Dear, at least add a comment!!

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for this review we are happy to hear everything is going well. We would like to take some time to address some of the cons.

We have new updates/releases of new features pretty much on a weekly basis. The minor changes get notified through in app notifications and major monthly releases get sent out as news letters. This can be found in our release notes sections http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/blog/category/release-notes/

Regarding the forum we get a lot of inquiries to add new features and we usually work on an up-voting system and implement suggestions that are most popular against our users. When our businesses analysts decide on what we should implement a planned status will appear next to the suggestion. When its in progress the status will change to 'In Progress' and once finished the status will change to Implemented.

Please see our development road-map for everything that is coming up in relation to B2B enhancements based on user requests http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/development-roadmap/

DEAR Team

DEAR Systems, much more than an inventory plugin!

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Pros

// DEAR SYSTEMS DOES

+ Manage inventory with different sales channels
+ Send PO/Invoices/Quote/.../... with customisable template
+ Auto assemblies
+ Bundles
+ Issues to production
+ Sync to accounting software
+ Handles goods in transit, FX gain or Loss etc
+ They are working on a reseller portal
+ They are working on a POS
+ Chat support is knowledgeable and they really try to help you

Cons

They have a forum where users can chat together and upvote functionalities requests.

- They are totally absent from that forum, they say they scan it to update their roadmap but they won't engage in the conversation at all.

- Functionalities are added too fast without feedback from their users.

They really need to work on their communication with their active users.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Dear François,

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that mostly everything is going well with DEAR. Would like to address your concern with forum activity and explain a little further the process.

The user feature requests work on an up-voting system. When our business analysts review suggestions they look at the ones that have been up voted the most by users. We then need to do market research to see potentially how many businesses this feature would be applicable to and if changes are made we need to make sure that existing users do not get affected by these changes.

When a suggestion is accepted the status will change to Planned. Once it is scheduled for development it will appear on our development roadmap with an ETA. When we start implementing it the status will change on the forum to In Progress. Once we finish the status will change to Implemented.

We'd like to develop every feature we are asked for and we do have to prioritise the work we undertake. We will always measure the demand for certain features, both through our forum and other industry sources.

Some links below to pages that will help understand what has been done recently and where we are heading.

Release notes - http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/blog/category/release-notes/

Development Roadmap -

Carlos P.
Industry: Wholesale

experience as a implementer and user of DEAR

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

a little frustrating for the limitations fo the system and interfae with XERO.
Limitations: need to UNDO a compleate sale to be able to make any change
Sync with Xero: constant errors
Very slowwww we have a 100/40mgb connection and good computers (local app or better use of cache)

Pros

- What we would expect from a Inventory Managment system
- Chinese interface
- advance sale function (multiple dispatches, multiple invoices for one sale order)
- integration with Shopify

Cons

DEAR

- faster JSON access (no limitation of 60 calls per second)
- no need to UNDO sales for non essential information fields change
- ability to edit allocation of products
- ability to edit batch/serial information
- Reports 1) shows clear information of Sale Order that have not been 1) shiped, 2) invoiced. 2) be able to extract information related to earning power of a product (% margin x rotation of a product)
- Ability to limit sales bellow certain margin or price
- Dashboard with historical inventory and accounts receivables graphs (currently not available)
- Rename product fields (example: type, category, brand, stock locator, barcode…)
- Additional fields available on more reports
- reports are missing a lot of related information that could / should be available

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Corey M.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Perfect fit for our assembly business

Reviewed on 2017/12/28

Pros

The main reason we picked this application is for the "Production" part of it. It allows us to setup BOMs as a template, but then adjust them on the fly during the production.

The second reason to love this application is for the APIs. It allowed us to add our "unique" processes (the way we handle commissions) and create non-standard reports.

Xero is one half of our corporate brain (the money side), while DEAR is other half (the counts side).

Additionally, we just integrated our Shopify website with DEAR and we are planning to use their B2B functionality in 2018.

Finally, they react to their clients. I have made requests for features that were handled.

Cons

They could add "Current available" as a pop up when in the Purchases section. This would allow better decision making rather than having a second window open. Very very minor. Other than that, having an API really helps.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hi Corey,

Thank you for the review.

We are glad to hear you will be utilizing our B2B platform ! We made massive enhancements to it in 2017 and will continue this in 2018.

Regards

Thomas T.
Industry: Furniture

Intuitive and close to everything we need.

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

"DEAR are going to really shake up the whole software development industry. Ive never experienced such great service and the product itself is brilliant. Its intuitive and very user friendly. My staff have picked it up very quickly and its improved our whole business process. Standard response times after submitting a ticket are usually in a couple of hours- (It takes me 3 days to hear from my website developers). Best of all, we needed a feature customised for us, and after contacting DEAR, they had the feature available on the platform within a number of days. 10/10."

Cons

The only con is that currently, there is no connection to Zapier. Once this happens, then I cant pick any faults with DEAR at all!

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the superb review. We are currently working on API version 2 among other things until end of the year. We still have not ruled out an integration with Zapier or OneSaas and are hoping to work with one of these platforms (or both) sometime next year. Will definitely keep you updated once we decide which one we are going to go with.

Comprehensive and Flexible with Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2017/11/27

Pros

Cloud based and the integrations with Xero and Woo Commerce are really great and the main reasons we changed from using Lightspeed. Does almost everything we liked in Lightspeed and more. The ability to pick, pack and ship gives us great visibility on the progress of orders. Easy to use once you get the hang of it. The support is excellent - very quick and always helpful.

Cons

I would like to see price tiers on the product overview page. We can only see it on the individual product page or once it has been added to an invoice. Customer Backorders don’t automatically link to Purchase orders so there is no prompt to notify customers as soon as their order comes in. We use Dear in the front end of our retail store so a built in end of day report and reconciliation would be very useful.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Hi Amy,

Thank you for the review.

Just to address some of the cons:

1) A link is established for customer backorders you can use the "Find Sale Backordered By Purchase Order" report to locate the status of backordered items. There are also a number of other Backorder reports which you can utilise if the the mentioned above is not suitable.

2) We would recommend to use DEAR POS in the fron end of your business if you are not doing so currently. DEAR POS has register closure report which can give you an end of day summary upon closure of register. A number of sale order reports are also available in DEAR Inventory if you do not prefer using our POS solution.

Mohd suffian Z.

The best product of its kind in the market.

Reviewed on 2017/11/13

Pros

Very intuitive to use.
Many detailed features.
Excellent customer support.
Responsive to suggestions.

Cons

The way they handle the serial number of unique items of an SKU can be improved. As of right now, the auto-select serial number during 'pick' is prioritized alphabetically instead of numerically (i.e. serial number 11 is higher in auto-select priority as opposed to serial number 2), which is annoying.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Hi Mohd,

Thank you for your review we are glad to hear that things are going well with DEAR.

Just addressing your cons regarding serial number selection. It is not sorted based on alpha numerical, the auto pick is based on the costing method selected for the serialised product. If your costing method you used is the generic FIFO the system will sort it based on the First in First Out basis. If you need to be able to select which serial number you want to sell please use the Special Costing method. This will allow you to select which serialised product you want to sell during pick stage.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us in [email protected] or book in a call here https://dearsystems.youcanbook.me/index.jsp

Lawrence S.

DEAR is extremely well designed

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

DEAR has great depth, anticipates many issues and has great capabilities. Its focus is on the steak, not the sizzle. I'm confident that it will handle any need I'll discover I need in future.

Other apps I use are great at marketing but their capabilities fall far short of what's advertised. With DEAR it's the reverse.

Cons

Customer support used to be off-putting and frustrating -- condescending and cryptic, unhelpful responses that required multiple questions, and defensive, too. Plus, very slow to respond. But it has improved a lot. The staff is knowledgeable and has become friendly -- some bad apples probably left. The answers to queries are now generally excellent. The service is still only by email and still often slow to respond. I'm on my own if I need an immediate response to a problem.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for your review. Just to address some of your concerns regarding support turnaround. Our targets for support staff is to respond to new tickets within the first hour. This is usually achieved on over 95% of cases unless it is related to a technical issue. You can also always book in a call at a time convenient for you using the booking service on our website. Below is the link to our booking service.

Matthew N.
Industry: Wholesale

DEAR Systems is brilliant, relatively low cost software, perfect for small-medium business.

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

Pros

DEAR Systems is straight forward as it should be. But also handles the complexities required from our business such as multi currency purchase and sales, kit building and assembly of products with cost and labour breakdowns. Key features other software does not offer.

Cons

Not sure if it possible but landscape forms would suit us better, need to check with our rep.
Mail Merge takes some getting used to if not familiar.
Customisable Dashboard like Netsuite would be great!

Response from DEAR Systems

Hi Matthew,

Thanks so much for your review!

If you require assistance with your template customization feel free to take up our complimentary template customization service. Simply email support with all required changes and we will get it done.

In regards to dashboard customization please book in a call here https://classic.youcanbook.me/v2/jsps/cal.jsp?cal=ZgsGQaWduL34BrkiNkBY for a sales rep to share screen and show you the customization capabilities of our dashboard.

Bryce Y.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Do not use if you need to keep track of serial numbers or if you have more than 50 total SKUs

Reviewed on 2019/06/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Dear has created more problems than it has solved for our business. At a minimum Dear needs to fix the duplicate serial number issue and provide a way to do inventory level snapshots.

Pros

The software is made for small businesses interested in keeping track of basic inventory, basic purchasing, and basic invoicing.
- Perfect for 1-5 employees, this is the base number of users and gives the most bang for your buck.
- Perfect for no more than 50 SKUs

Cons

- Serial Numbers are NOT UNIQUE, duplicates can be entered easily with no warning
- Navigating a Bill of Materials for more than 1 level is impossibly complicated and needs a separate spreadsheet or software to track
- Transactions randomly duplicate without warning. Several times we have had stock transfers or purchases receive twice, creating inventory discrepancies and overall chaos in the warehouse.
- This random duplication allows inventory to be a negative number. Example: A serial numbered part was pulled twice by the system instead of removing it from inventory, it created a negative line item and showed the serial numbered part as -1 instead of 0. This in turn affected the overall inventory for that SKU.
- It is impossible to find a specific inventory level on a given day, this feature simply does not exist.
- Stocktakes cannot be backdated so if a count is taken on day 1 and entered in day 2 if any assemblies took place they will screw up counts.
- Sync between Xero accounting is a multi-step process. Invoices and payments do not sync back and forth on a consistent basis. Sometimes a voided invoice in Dear or in Xero will not transfer over and the entire Sale or Purchase needs to be voided and redone for the voided payment to sync OR alternatively you can enter the information manually which defeats the point of the sync.
- Customer service is atrocious except for the basic help which is already covered in depth by videos or other consultants.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Kara B.
Industry: Farming

It was DEAR to me until it wasn't

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

We discovered a technical glitch that caused severe bloat to our database that was seemingly stemming from DEAR. We approached the DEAR team leader with the matter. Rather than accepting responsibility and assuring us that he would provide the customer service that was necessary, he did not. He instead brought attention to other aspects of the integration. After three months of pain, and moving to a new web hosting environment, and being down for 24 hours and up and down for a total of 3 months, a technical team was able to isolate the issue as being related to DEAR, and for the last 48 hours I have still not heard back from the DEAR tech LEAD on a fix, or with any offer of any kind to help us get back up and running the way that we are supposed to be. We are trying to trouble-shoot without any answers coming from the DEAR development team. I have never seen anything this lacking in terms of customer service in my 30 years of business. I am disappointed and expected more from the tech LEAD and DEAR customer service.

Pros

I created a requirements document of what we needed in an Inventory Management System and DEAR met all of them. I was so excited to find such a robust and affordable software solution in the cloud that hit all of my notes in my small indie maker business.

Cons

It was very very difficult for us to try and implement this product on our own. We hired an outside DEAR consultant. We spent $10K in consulting fees to get up and running. It took just about 8-9 months with a FTE almost completely focused 3/4 time and problems with the integration started just about the same time that we were up and running. Though we did not realize our problems with our web site were related to DEAR. We experienced outages and slowness on our site and were directed to take matters up with our hosting company. They reset and tuned our database-- and still we experienced slow performance. Because there are many moving parts-- and several outside vendors-- each pointing to each other--- it was this long, painful, expensive journey before we arrived right back to DEAR with the performance issues stemming from their API.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Industry: Cosmetics

This is our main platform to run a start up!

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

This is the BEST inventory (almost ERP) system out there. Dear strikes the precarious balance between features and complexity very well. The only inventory solution with multiple tiered BOM's for a fraction of the price of fully blown ERP systems. This just is a diamond and we are so happy to have found it. Multiple tier BOM,s, multiplied warehouse and production facilities, wonderful integration with most of the important distribution channels. I could go on.

Cons

Somewhat rigid and limited in reports. The reports I want to run never seem to be possible without downloading 2 reports and analyzing them with excel.

Ruth P.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Best Practice for the Best Business

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

It took me 3 years to choose the perfect system, hours of research from the multitude of products out there - I kept coming back to Dear. It is a secure program, no bugs, excellent logic & layout, amazing customer service. They are also open to suggestions and also improve the user experience and add new features constantly.

Pros

The best part of this software is that it is very intuitive and requires minimal training. Anything that you are unsure of, there is an encyclopedia of "How To" and video tutorials. Also, our account manager went above & beyond in assisting us to have a seamless transition for all our business systems and processes.

Cons

I have to struggle to find a fault, really. I am sure there could be something, but I have yet to find it!

Cathy C.

We had an easy transition from our old software to DEAR. Cut over was seamless.

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

DEAR is a very simple system to use and the youtube video's are an excellent resource. The online support is fantastic. I was originally concerned about the support because there was not phone support but the team are so quick to get back to us and are so helpful that I am fully confident in getting any issue answered. The search function is effective, the pricing structure is easy to setup and the integration with Xero is efficient. DEAR is constantly updating and releasing new functions and efficiencies.

Cons

Some customisation requests are unable to be fulfilled but there is always a work around. No formal training is provided; we had to rely on an integrator which was costly.

Dan B.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Robust ERP at a bargain price

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

Solid purchasing, manufacturing, sales, and inventory. Integration to Xero is fully two way.

Cons

No easy forecasting. Poor CRM integration. Confusing pricing on integrations. Weak b3b online sales system.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Now we integrate with Hubspot. You can use Hubspot to import/export customers without importing sales/products to use it as a CRM. To help our customers better we have revamped the pricing page (https://dearsystems.com/pricing-table/) and added more details to the subscription invoices. We have also added new functionalities on B2B. You can read more about it by visiting https://dearsystems.com/release-notes/

You can find out more about the integration by visiting https://dearsystems.com/integrations/

Kathleen B.
Industry: Computer Software

DEAR enables integration

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

Pros

We have been connecting clients who are using DEAR, to their 3PL Warehouses.
They are responsive when issues arise.
Their feature set is comprehensive and is supported by their API.

Cons

Small negatives.........

1. There are some inconsistencies in the API
2. An increase in the API rate to enable faster throughput of orders to the warehouse would be a bonus

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Kathleen,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Currently, we allow 60 API calls per minute. If you need help with our new API V2 can you always contact us via email ([email protected]) or read more about it by visiting https://dearinventory.docs.apiary.io/#

Yolanda B.
Industry: Wholesale

Dear is easy to use and support is good. Our users find it easy to understand and use.

Reviewed on 2018/01/31

Integration to my accounting software Xero and woocommerce is essential and DEAR does it easily.

Pros

Ease of use and good layout. I never had formal training on how to use the program and I did the setup myself, but it was super easy and straight forward. My concern was that one of our users would find it hard to use the program, but even he does not struggle at all.

Cons

There is really nothing that a dislike, some of the stuff that I don't know how to do is probably because I don't know that it exists. It would be great to receive a "did you know" email newsletter to learn about tips and tricks that will help us improve our daily processing.

Amelia P.
Company size: Self Employed

They got everything right!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

The best customer service, great functionality, does what I need it to do.

Pros

Easy to use, good reports, great customer support, all questions always answered.

The new functionality of cases and individual units are very handy as I sell both in units and cases.

Sophisticated reports.

Integration with WooCommerce and QBO that I used.

Cons

Sometimes it's slow on Chrome, fast on Firefox though.

Nate M.
Industry: Retail

Dear Systems is a stellar product

Reviewed on 2018/05/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Dear integrates with a wide variety of different systems and is built for drop-shipping for the modern era, which is a huge advantage to a small business.

Cons

Some small, quickly-resolved syncing issues, and frequent servicing by the IT team, which is helpful for working out bugs, but can cause technical glitches for the 30 min it's down.

Carrie G.
Industry: Retail

Great- very easy to set up and very user friendly

Reviewed on 2018/01/04

We have better control of our inventory and we are able to manage our customer information better than we could in the past.

Pros

The software is very easy to use, especially for users that don't use it as frequently like the external sales team.

Cons

The dashboard can't be easily customized. It's nice to see the improvements that have been made, but it would still be nice to be able to have different views.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hi Carrie,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving some great feedback. We will continue improving dashboard UI. Please feel free to leave suggestions on our feature request forum if you would like something specific implemented in the future.

Bethany J.

Lack of Communication with customers

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

Usually good, sometimes very frustrating.

Pros

It manages my inventory and order and is cloud based.

Cons

When Dear is upgrading its system, customers can find the software extremely slow or not working at all. This can go for weeks at a time causing massive frustration for my staff around the country as well as disruption to my business.
The lack of communication and support from DEAR mean you feel little loyalty to the product.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Bethany,

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly releasing new functionalities to improve the software and these releases are done over the weekend. The system is designed in a way that during an update the users aren't affected. Please visit https://dearsystems.com/release-notes/ to find out more about the releases.

We do provide 24/7 support. You can contact us via email ([email protected]), call (UK +44 145 160 7056 / AU +61 2 4058 4080 / US +1 415 650 1054), you can book a call with us on (https://calendly.com/support-dearsystems/meeting) or web chat (https://dearsystems.com/). We will also be having a WhatsApp number in a few weeks to enable our customers to contact us immediately on chat.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10