Bugsnag

Detect and diagnose crashes in your applications

4,8
4,3
4,5
4,7
4,2
Damian N.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Forget about log grepping when you have Bugsnag

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Pros

Sentry-like approach is the best approach of catching errors in applications deployed in production. It logs all uncaught exceptions - including stacktraces, and the context - e.g. user affected, request parameters, and anything of relevance. It aggregates all errors and provides stats on them. This allows us to know how often a particular problem occurs, and are able to identify and fix problems before a customer contacts our support. And if a problem is reported to us by a customer, we can easily filter errors by user, and see everything they had problems with. No more log grepping - which takes much more time, and provides less information. For some customers, we didn't aggregate app logs at all because Sentry was everything that we needed.

Cons

Sentry.io is more affordable than Bugsnag. All Sentry plans include features that are restricted to higher plans in Bugsnag.

Industry: Real Estate

Life saviour product for developers to detect and report crashes

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Pros

It's an amazingly powerful tool which we use in our firm for error reporting, monitoring, and resolving by checking the stack trace it provides line by line.
Best part I like about Bugsnag is its ability to share the stack trace for the error which helps me figure out the problem better.
I could integrate it easily into the internal chat tool we use in our firm, which helps me to keep notified about new error every time.
The application UI is pretty simple to use and get started with, along with the filters which are really helpful.

Cons

Nothing which I can say so far. I love the whole concept of it :)

David O.
Industry: Financial Services

Great software for convention over configuration

Reviewed on 2020/09/07

Pros

The interface is modern, it is not too cluttered. Support Golang. The customer support was friendly, but not very helpful to support to make the needed setup that we needed.

Cons

The product works great as long as you don't need to get yourself into some configuration, like error grouping, then the system. Configurations are a bit unorganized, it would be better to have everything in a single place.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Industry: Internet

great app for error tracking and logging

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Overall excellent app for bugs/event tracking with various integrations and super simple to integrate , works like a charm.

Pros

- real time error capturing along with entire request, headers and platform details is probably best feature of app.
- works with almost all the language and frameworks.
- various integrations like slack , email is very useful

Cons

- I have faced little difficulty using it with golang, as it does not append request body
- only limited no users for the free accounts.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Keep track your apps bugs!

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Overall Bugsnag is SUPER useful!

Pros

I've integrated Bugsnag in ALL of my projects. It's super easy to use and the setup is very minimal. If you're an app developer you should definitely be keeping track of your bugs! We've integrated Bugsnag with Slack and PagerDuty so we always know when a bug comes in. We've also used it to debug issues in production by logging certain data into Bugsnag. You could also record bugs for different app stages (local, staging, production).

Cons

The stacktrace doesn't always give you the full trace, so it can be difficult to find exactly where the bug is coming from.

Industry: Real Estate

Great app to capture internal server errors

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

The price is affordable.
Saves my time in debugging the bug

Pros

I integrated the bug snug in my app. Its the most useful tool for my organization for tracking the errors. I use day to day in finding the errors. This exactly points out the error part of the code, which will help my time not to log in to sever to find out the issue

Cons

I feel it takes a bit time to get to know the app completely but totally worth it to integrate to our server

Having all errors from all projects visible in one place makes troubleshooting problems a breeze.

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

I don't even have to log into a server to know exactly where an issue is. It saves me so much time and hair pulling. I remember clearly when we first started using it, and it was like a weight had been lifted! Can't say enough good things about Bugsnag.

Pros

With Node.js being asynchronous, it can be tricky at times to track down a specific bug. Integrating Bugsnag has saved me so much time hunting down problems. I can quickly see where a problem is, what it is, and how many people it's affecting. Notifications also make it easy to catch issues before the users do. I can even quickly tell whether the issue is on a production or development server.

Cons

The layout is great, but it took a little getting used to. There are a lot of good features in there, so there's a bit to learn, but definitely worth it.

Industry: Real Estate

Awesome software for finding bugs

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

- Easy to integrate as developer and easy to use it
- Reports can be generated very easily

Cons

- Pricing is a little bit high compared to the competitors
- Apart from this everything is fine and great

Brandon Z.

Easy Javascript Error Tracking

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/07/31

There are times when you need to be aware of client side errors your visitor's are running into. BugSnag is a perfect way to get started. BugSnag gives me the insight I need in order to troubleshoot code.

Pros

BugSnag offers a generous free plan, it's easy to get started, and the dashboard is beautifully designed.

There are a number of Javascript error tracking services, but BugSnag is my favorite.

Cons

When trying to setup a custom error, I read the documentation and eventually got setup with what I wanted, but it was more difficult than I expected.

Industry: Computer Software

The best alternative to Sentry.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Catching uncaught exceptions in production.

Pros

Better than decent UI
Good visual error data
Create issue from error page
Silence issue based on time/occurrence conditions
AMD Support (Javascript)
Source map support
Support for major languages (PHP, Python, Android, iOS, etc.)
Intake API

Cons

I didn't like about Bugnnag was the price per month. This is a great option in the error reporting space.

Ben M.
Industry: Internet

Amazingly affordable bug tracking solution

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

The price is awesome (based on the number of team members, not the number of projects). It offers libraries and integrations with everything we've needed. Beautiful interface with simple tracking of each bug. Able to combine repeated instances of a bug into one automatically.

Cons

It's hard to find anything to complain about regarding Bugsnag. It's hard to remember to always set up the integration of new websites we launch, making it easy to miss issues on a site. But there's not much that Bugsnag can do about that, that's a human issue!

Adrian D.

Been a brilliant tool for my #startup

Reviewed on 2015/09/17

I've been using Bugsnag for 3 months now for our new app https://gridlocate.com, and it's been awesome. Bugsnag has helped us to identify and capture hundreds of error events, that we would not and coult not of found in our testing. Bugsnag was incredibly easy to install, easy to use and has helped us prioritise our bug fixes.

Pros

Easy to install
Easy to use.
Good pricing
Great for #startups

Cons

None. We're very happy.