Playbooks

3,7
3,3

InsideSales.com Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/01

Overall, if you have Microsoft Dynamics CRM and looking for a sales automation tool that will help your sales team, from the call to the email, InsideSales.com is your tool. The tool will help automate the sales prospecting process and help the sales team target specific leads, contacts and accounts.

Pros

- Integration with MS Outlook
- Out of the box and no extra cost integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Short implementation
- Short ramp time
- Ability to delete a play at the Manager view

Cons

- Once a play is live, you cannot add a step in the active play
- Inability to see the open or click percentage in the tool
- Cannot do round robin call monitoring
- Once a play is deleted in the tool, the play is still visible in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM dashboard

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Help our reps be more productive and hit their activity metrics

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Pros

Helps our reps focus on calling rather than on figuring out where they are in their cadence. This has enabled them to do more calls per day.

Cons

It's a little slow sometimes although has gotten materially better over the past 1.5 years. Wish they had more more built in management/sales ops reporting.

Sage C.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

great for sales

Reviewed on 2018/12/01

Pros

We use this for selling medical devices and it is so handy when you might not have caught something when on the phone call. It also makes it super easy to play calls back and listen for QA.

Cons

The lag time it takes for the call's to appear, although I don't think that is the company's fault.

Greg G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Insidesales down cannot get support!

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Pros

Until now it was working, now we are down and no one is helping us.

Cons

We are down completely, can't get support or anyone on the phone to help us when it is critical to or business.

Great for Automation of Phone Calls

Reviewed on 2018/07/21

Pros

I really like being able to make a number look like it's coming from a local area code. That alone increased my pickup rate. It increased my dialing rate significantly by being able to one click dial and integrate into my SFDC instance.

Cons

Leveraging the email templates was not intuitive to me. Ended up not using it because I had difficulty determining how to use it. Probably just needed someone to take 30 minutes to walk through it with me.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Great Tool! Reallu like it.

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Pros

It helps keep me on task. I have over 1600 accounts that I call into. I need to have a devise that will set reminders and give me a easy vehicle to make calls and send emails.

Cons

Not be able to send out mass emails for things like webinars, etc. We have a lot of webinars that we try to get customers to sign up for. Mass emailing and then following up would be helpful.

Dominic L.

Fast, easy to learn tool.

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Pros

It integrates with salesforce, which I use as well as InsideSales.Com on daily basis. It can be easily added to Chrome as an extension and is easily accessible.

Cons

It may tend slow down your browser which can be frustrating at times. Potentially a way to formulate lists and arrange for auto-calling as well as

Failed to provide basic level of functionality for my SDR team for 3 months straight

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

none. They've made me and all call automation softwares look bad to my company

Cons

I am pursuing this early termination because we have not had any of our issues resolved in the past 3 months. I have seen how effective inside sales can be because we had it working for a full month before signing the contract. I am willing to work through a price reduction but only if we can achieve that same level of efficacy in your product. However, this is a high bar for inside sales now because my entire team has lost faith in your product.

Inside sales has failed to provide a basic level of service to us as a customer.

Response from InsideSales.com

I apologize you've had a poor experience with InsideSales.com, I know this is not typical for us and I believe we can make this right for you and your organization.

I would be happy to set up a time for you to talk with our SVP of Customer Success about your concerns.

You can reach me directly:

Ryan Breneman
[email protected]
208.760.0706

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Buggy... time-wastingly buggy

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

Simply put - cannot execute what it's designed to do

Pros

Has a good concept to automate and remind the inside sales rep on their day to day activity running outbound campaigns. Has good features (if they work) and an intuitive interface.

Cons

EXCEPT it cannot do what it's designed to do!
Every turn of the way is a challenge -
Changing your cadence - won't save properly
Changing contact details - does not reflect immediately, you need to log out and log back in
Flexibility of changing your designed cadence while it's running - NONE
Leaves the multi-step cadence plays VERY DIFFICULT to execute
Insights in the region of my operations - APAC, there is NO-ADDED VALUE

Was assigned an enablement solutions architect who left the company half way through giving us the training, there was absolutely no follow up after 3 weeks...

• Industry: Market Research
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Sales tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Finding new sales leads and their contact information.

Pros

The idea of having a web based tool to find leads is great. Easy to search, export to CRM and lots of contacts.

Cons

The database needs to updated more often. Some industries change jobs faster than others and it would be great to see this refreshed much more often.

Tighe C.

Be Wary

Reviewed on 2015/10/12

We're a new customer and recently went live with our Inside Sales system. Initially we were really blown away by the demo and the pitch, but since beginning our implementation we've been greatly disenchanted with the level or service and the quality of the deliverables we're working towards. The system seems to have a lot of bugs and technical problems. Technical Support is working through a backfile of complex technical cases that aren't addressed in a timely manner. They are unresponsive and struggle with troubleshooting. The dialing technology fails often enough that our reps don't feel confident using it. I would be very wary of committing to the use of this system or of making the investment in the implementation.

Super fantastico pipeline management tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

InsideSales.com is one of my favorite tools to use to manage our sales pipeline with all the features you need to manage, track, follow up, and contact leads. Plus they have a gamification feature for sales teams!

Cons

While InsideSales.com is a fantastic tool, it requires integration with a well known CRM which is costly and frustrating to be honest with all the other fantastic, but smaller CRM companies available.

Valerie P.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

I was formerly an InsideSales LMP administrator and user

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Their dialer functionality was intelligent and allowed us to responsepop records to our agents. The responsepop functionality allowed any web-to-lead records to pop up to our sales agents and be called immediately. We liked having the ability to customize this to our unique needs.

Pros

Honestly, there was not much I liked about this software other than its dialer solution. The dialer allowed for us to insert our logic of which records we wanted to reach and when. For example, prioritizing by Time Zone, Lead Status, and so on. The users on the platform itself were able to easily onboard as it is not too hard to navigate.

Cons

The support line was horrible for this company, more often than not, my operations team and I seemed to come up with the answers before the support rep working with us did! We felt we knew their product better than they did. Reporting was not robust enough, and we had to do a lot of work arounds and "tricking the system" when creating automations. Often any automation we created for this system did not work as expected. We eventually moved over onto Salesforce, which was a better fit for our business. InsideSales did not fit our growing Sales organization's needs sufficiently.

Daniel R.

Over Hyped Over Promised - Completely irrelevant

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

It has been able to organize lead data for the team so they don't have to manually track anything but that's about it. Not a customer centric organization.

Pros

The interface is fairly simplistic and easy to use

Cons

It doesn't work consistently, has to be removed and reinstalled. Does not allow for lead prioritization and the "Neuralytics" they tout so heavily is a load of crap. Power BI can give you the same data insights and do it far better than anything they offer. I still can't see the neuralytics data from a dashboard as they claimed we could do. It's as useful as a screen door on a submarine and they talk a lot about being helpful and caring but they don't. It's all fluff and they only develop and improve whatever their programmers are most interested in.

Kyle Y.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great for pointed/targeted campaigns!

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Pros

I enjoyed how quickly this organization added features to their Playbooks product. They make it easy to reach out with suggestions of how they can do better.

Mostly, it has its strength in a "set it and forget it" campaign with highly targeted contacts. A group over 50 per campaign will bog down the process but it's great for knowing what to tackle during your day.

Cons

It can be very difficult to manage your campaigns but they have been working to fix this by enabling pauses of plays or contacts within a campaign. A few times we have had difficulties with Playbooks bogging down Google Chrome and causing it to crash, but those issues have been fixed.

Bita D.

Wonderful updates since last year. Convenient features.

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Pros

The ability to communicate in many ways, change the pace, set automatic commands, and integrate with a CRM tool. Another pro worth mentioning is how responsive the Insidesales.com team has been with creating features that customers requested. We asked and they delivered.

Cons

There are two cons: One is that it slows down the window (Chrome) in which it's running on (may happen with other add-ons too). Sometimes when there is a glitch, for example - one play is stuck on the previous screen, it doesn't go away with refreshing the page and force you to turn the plug off and on.

Matt S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Our inside sales team has increased touch points with prospects over 50%

Reviewed on 2018/07/06

Increased touchpoints by over 50%. Which translated into additional pipeline.

Pros

The ability to design plays that suite the needs of current campaigns. Setting up the auto emails and reminders to pick up the phone make it easier to turn basic conversations into real pipeline. IS.com keeps the conversation going.

Cons

Can be slightly buggy at times. This issue has almost resolved itself since our initial instal in early 2017.

Ryan O.

This has changed the way I do my job for the better.

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Pros

It gives me a clear picture of what I need to get done each day with repeatable results. They have continued to update it's functionality to make it better.

Cons

I have experienced some issues with call recordings and lagging times with it taking time to reload before each activity.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

used as a calling software

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

good for automated intelligent telesales, allows for segmentation and predictive modeling.

Pros

the dialer software plug-in integrated well with our crm and that was a very good addition, we were able to build custom lists based on our target market and customer profile automatically, even the dialing was fairly automated.

We also tried using insidersales for adding intelligence and enrichment into our existing account base. that was okay but nothing great.

Cons

this is a good software if your sales volumes are high and heavily dependent upon telemarketing, else you would be investing a lot of money and time in a software that performs mediocre at best.

Kristopher G.

Rocket your Sales with InsideSales.com

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

I love InsideSales.com platform. I recommend it to anyone trying to rocket their sales!

Pros

I love that our sales team can increase sales using the InsideSales.com platform.

Cons

I didn't like how long it took for them to fix a bug and it freaked out our sales team.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Streamline Prospecting

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Pros

Ability to stay on top of prospects and easily identify who to target and when, with relevant information. The tool allows me to efficiently reach my prospective customers.

Cons

With the chrome plugin, there are often issues with the functionality that can be frustrating. Sometimes its a Chrome issue, sometimes its an SFDC issue, sometimes its an ISDC issue. In my role I have metrics to hit using ISDC, and when i'm unable to do that because of functionality problems it is frustrating.

Maryanne G.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The worst system on earth,. Phone system is horrendous

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Nothing. Headaches and stress

Pros

Nothing, the only thing that works are Outbound calls, ironic for an INSIDE sales system.

Cons

Everything. The phone system doesn't intake clear calls. Customer complaints daily. Lost sales. No one at that company cares, just a bunch of young kids. My company made a deal with the devil

Playbooks

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

The ability to load contacts in for email blasts, dialing and how easy it makes it.

Cons

It can be extremely slow at times, there's not a way filter by accounts only.

Allen

Great Product

Reviewed on 2012/05/05

We have used the their Click-to-Call solution for over a year and is has been great.
The Local Presence product and their tracking are especially useful and effective.

used as power dialer as salesforce add on

Reviewed on 2018/06/16

Pros

it made it very simple to make a lot of dials and add notes to salesforce. After we ironed out the kinks it worked well.

Cons

we had a lot of issues with the inboud phone queue with this software. it seemed like it took forever to iron out the kinks.