Semrush

4,7 (2 195)
SaaS solution for online content marketing

(2 195)

Brooks
Brooks

Truly an all-in-one digital marketing platform

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

We use SEMRush to for SEO research, competitive analysis, content marketing, and some for PPC as well. The insights are incredible, and it has changed the game for our own marketing as well as our clients'. It's all-around a great tool.

Pros

A ton, but my favorite is probably the content marketing toolset. SEMRush provides topic research, keyword research, a writing assistant, and much more. The suite of SEO tools is incredible as well: site audits, keyword research, gap analyses, backlink analytics, and keyword tracking. You are able to set up projects, receive notifications, report to clients, and more. I love SEMRush.

Cons

The only thing I don't love about SEMRush are their traffic predictions. As a smaller business, I find they're often very misleading and inaccurate. I imagine they're more accurate for larger sites. You also don't get API Access on the Guru plan – only business. I understand why, but I'd love to have access to API credits regardless my plan.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Though we loved Moz, SEMRush just provided a larger toolset and ultimately allowed us to save money. We at the time also switched because Moz's link database was pretty small – but they've since updated.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Again, for the entire suite of tools. I believe since out purchase, Ahrefs has added to their toolset as well.
Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam

Keyword research made easy!

Reviewed on 2022/09/10

For my blog i was hesitating with keywords, when i input some ideas, it provides a tons of related keyword and ranked website address plus what they are targeting .

After several day , i get myself in good position of planning.

I can easily find informative and commercial keyword and see the difficulties.
Even i can get full report of some competition websites, by analysis them i can easily made the roadmap for my blog.

Pros

I mainly use semruah for keyword research.
As a blogger picking best keyword is my priority.
Semrush is the top notch app for this work.
With the question keyword i can make tons of new article and provide quality articles to user.
User friendly interface and have lots of tools you can do seo for your blog.

My experiment with other tools ongoing, as soon as i get result i will share.

One thing they improve continuously, they upgrade themselves continuously.

Cons

First time when i login, it gives tons of information to me, as a beginner its hard to follow up.
Luckily they have good customer support, after discussing with them able to solve most of the major problem.

Response from Semrush

This is a fantastic review! Thanks so much for sharing how to use leverage Semrush for your digital strategies.
With over 55 tools, we understand that it is a lot to take in. We have plenty of resources to help make our platform more digestible—we're happy you've found your way around Semrush! :)

Tom

After 4 years being a customer this company rips me off

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

I feel ripped off by Semrush. We are customers already for 4 years. We always have enough with one user. Now, we have been loggin in, by accident, from a few different locations. This is because of remote working due to corona and it was unclear in the team who was responsible for Semrush. Now is our account suspended, which I can understand. But the only 'solution' is that I have to buy a €540 extra user. But wo do not need that! I told them this was an accident and that one user is enough for us. Which it always has been for 4 years. But we can only get our account back with paying 540€. And a refund of the unused service is also not possible. This feels like bribery. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was 'helping' me, but only offering me this upsell that I do not need. It is a shame to be treated like this after being a loyal customer for 4 years. I will recommend other potential customers SeRanking. It is much cheaper, has almost the same features and they will not rip you off with unwanted upsells. Shame!

Pros

It has a lot of features, in dept analysis.

Cons

It is expensive and there are quiet a few other, much cheaper alternatives where the customer service doesn't rip you off!

Response from Semrush

Hi Tom, thank you for your review. We have investigated the situation - it seems like multiple users logged in from different locations under your account for 3 times, which triggered our security system, and we sent several warnings before your account was blocked. We kindly remind you that by default, the account only includes 1 user, adding extra seats is a paid option. As far as we know, you account was unblocked by the team after finding out that your team logged in accidentally from different locations. If you still have any questions, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to answer them!

Ajay kumar
  • Industry: Design

Very Powerful SEO tool for the website ranking

Reviewed on 2023/11/20

The overall experience is very good in Semrush compare to my previous tool Ubersuggest.

Pros

Over all performance is very well in Semrush. is specially site audit, keyword tools are very supper and give perfect result in the Semrush.

Cons

The backlink analyzer not accurate in Semrush. try to rectify this one.

Response from Semrush

Hi Ajay, thank you for your review!
We're glad you find Semrush's Site Audit and Keyword tools helpful.
As for Backlinks tools, would you mind telling us more? You can reach out to our Support Team if you need any assistance with the tool or would like to provide feedback: https://social.semrush.com/3LiLDVa Thanks 🧡

Eric
Eric
  • Industry: Automotive

SEMrush is a must-have

Reviewed on 2022/04/27

The overall experience has been extremely helpful & positive. This has helped us launch additional products & services for our customers and deliver exceptional value.

Pros

Great access to data, the new Trends report is a nice feature. Ranking & benchmarking are great and the ability to manage all facets of the search campaigns from each project is very helpful. The resource library and certifications are great as well.

Cons

- Limited customizations of the reports (more pre-set templates/galleries would be nice & the ability to make changes to all reports in a group at once would help)
- An aggregate dashboard would be helpful (to see the performance of all locations within an organization)
- Each individual data set should be exportable into a PDF - or the ability to add a performance metric/visualization to the reports by adding it as a widget to the reporting library)

Response from Semrush

Hey Eric! Thank you for sharing your experience; we're more than happy to know that the overall experience with Semrush has been extremely helpful & positive. We want to kindly ask you to DM us via social media channels with your Semrush account email so we can put the cons you've listed to the radar of our product teams. Thanks in advance!

Soubhik
Soubhik
  • Industry: Online Media

Not customer friendly, limited usability

Reviewed on 2022/11/08

Good features, but pathetic policies and robbing people by suspending account when you've already paid for it? Downright cheating.

Pros

Good data insights on keywords and on competitive intelligence. Easy to crawl websites with the SEMRush search crawler and perform site audits as needed, and SEMRush offers considerably more pages per audit to search compared to some of its competitors. Easy to sort out keywords as needed as well, and extra functionality like on-page SEO checkers make this a good on-page SEO tool as well.

Cons

What's the use of offering 500 on-page credits a month, content gap analysis, keyword tracking and so many more features - if you can't use any of them? While SEMRush does tier stacking, and offers more features if you go to their Pro plan or the Guru plan. What it does not? Offer enough time for you to use it.Even if someone logs out from one PC and logs in to the account from another, SEMRush disables your account. It's not possible for a single person to work and access all the features given, and yet, even if you don't have multiple working at the same time, they want you to pay extra for every laptop that gets logged in. It's not like we had multiple people working together. SEMRush doesn't allow even two people at different time slots to log in and work.WOW! And that's not all - they disable the account that you paid for, for policy violations if you dont. Unethical, and corrupt.

WebCEO and Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Seemed more comprehensive range of features.

Response from Semrush

Hi Soubhik, thanks for your review! We want our software to be accessible to all, which is why we offer the free plan; we're glad you're able to leverage it for your business!
Collecting and filtering the data for all of our tools comes at a high cost to us, especially when we offer the most accurate data on the market! We've competitively priced ourselves in the market based on the accuracy and amount of data across our 55+ tools. Our team would be happy to talk with you more about your options to join our paid plans to increase your limits and tool access!
In our ToS, we state that each account allows limited number of devices and locations for simultaneous login. Otherwise, our security system is triggered since more logins could mean unauthorized access. To prevent third parties from accessing your data, the account is logged out and you will have to restore the password.
Hope this helps!

Anuj
Anuj

comprehensive SEO Marketing Tool For Business Clients

Reviewed on 2021/09/21

Semrush is a comprehensive and easy to use marketing tool set that provides business owners and marketing managers with all the essential information they need. The magic of Semrush is that it allows to track our competitors' exact SEO strategies, read their back-links profile and see what keywords they are ranking for in the search engines. This way, we can easily replicate their results and outrank them by implementing these strategies Ourself.

Pros

Semrush is the all-in-one marketing tool for search optimization. It helps to find best opportunities on the Internet, beat our competitors and stay ahead of Google search. It is a powerful and versatile suite of marketing tools designed to help search engine marketers and webmasters drive traffic, generate leads, and monitor their digital marketing campaigns. The SEMrush pro edition enables to take our SEO efforts to the next level with access to more data for better keyword research, content marketing tracking, local rankings monitoring and more.

Cons

No issue faced, It is best competitive research tool allowing people to track their keywords' positions on search engines.

Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush is cheapest than Ahrefs. Semrush is an all in one SEO tool that offers competitive research and website optimization. Not only we can track our own progress, but we can also analyze our competitors. Keep tabs on their backlinks, social media status, top performing keywords and much more.
Yassine
Yassine

A real tresor of Content marketing strategy tool!

Reviewed on 2021/09/04

In my experience in getting accurate data, I always need to utilize the right instrument. My approach's success depends on the correctness of the data i'm willing to collet, insights, and intelligence. For keyword research, backlink analysis, and competitor analysis, Semrush was a critical choice and so the right tool. To get results, I'm always searching for trustworthy data and actionable insights. That what makes Semrush my go-to tool for content research and optimization. As such, an SEO strategy must be comprehensive.

Pros

When it comes to search engine optimization, digital marketing, and business intelligence, Semrush is the one-stop solution for all of your requirements. Semrush allows me to get a better understanding of my customers or targets' demographics, such as their age, gender, and location, so that I can provide them with the most appropriate products and services.
Day after day I'm more and more surprised to learn that spamming backlinks might do more harm than good to my search engine rankings. The Semrush Backlink Audit tool was the best assist for me in identifying and removing them, as well as a variety of other harmful elements.
IMO all options are reasonably priced, with the exception of the Semrush Pro plan, which is prohibitively expensive for small and medium-sized businesses.

Cons

The product's friendly UI takes some expertise and awareness. Beginning SEO and digital marketing learners might take a cours on technical keywords, but overall it's not that big of a problem. What I didn't like the most about Semrush is that you can only log into one account at a time. However, if you share it and someone else logs in with the same account, the original user loses access. It would be nice if Semrush could fix this issue and notify any future users of unauthorized access.

Serpstat and Searchmetrics Suite

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

In my point of view, Semrush does more than just help you analyze your competitors. Semrush can assist you in conducting competitive research. It enables you to do competition research on your competitors. In essence, it discovers all websites that perform well for related keywords and provides an accurate estimate of traffic for the top 20 keywords that each of these websites uses. You will not an all in one tool but Semrush.
Robin
Robin

A must have for digital marketers

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

It is a great product that really helps you become proficient at SEO. If there is one thing your small business needs to have it is SEMrush. There are trainings and learning modules are helpful alongside though provoking webinars to make sure you stay up to date with trends. Learning the ui takes time as is not the most intuitive; however, most things you need are there.

Pros

The dashboard. All from one location I can see my projects performance across a multitude of aspects from social media, back links, position rankings and technical SEO just to name a few.

Cons

Righ now I have an issue with my Facebook always disconnecting with their publishing tool within an hour. contacting support guides you to an email where I would much rather have instant chat or phone support.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

The bundled aspect of all features. SEMrush might not be the best at some features but if offers them all.
Ian
Ian

A Great SEO Tool

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

I've been able to conduct keyword research for websites faster than I could before and find meaningful keywords to target and opportunities to grow organic traffic. This has resulted in better organic traffic to websites we've helped to optimize.

Pros

This is an amazing all-in-one tool for SEO. Whether you need a tool for keyword research, backlinks, or optimizing your website, you'll find all the tools inside of SEMRush. It's core features are definitely around keywords (tracking and researching the keywords that are ranking for a particular domain), you can use this information to optimize your site with the built in site audit features.

Cons

There are a lot of features and it can sometimes be difficult to find the exact feature you are looking for.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

The limits on Moz Pro were really low and the platform was not as robust and fully-featured.

Amanda
Amanda

Worth the purchase!!

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

If you run multiple websites and multiple social pages- this is absolutely the tool you need to invest in. ROI is completely possible from this tool if you dedicate enough time/effort to using it to the fullest. The SEO tools alone have proven awesome for us and the social poster tool is just the most convenient time-saver.

Pros

I use SEMrush daily for SEO on many sites and for posting on many social pages from one place. All of the SEO (site audits, keyword analyses, DEEP COMPETITOR ANALYSES) and social tools don't just make my job easier- they make me better. I get insights from SEMrush I wouldn't have otherwise had at my disposal. It is 100% possible to see ROI on this product.

Cons

I miss when it was free so many years ago, but C'est la Vie. Now that SEMrush is a paid platform, they also offer wayyyy more tools and they are constantly updating/adding features. They have a pretty responsive customer support, but I have had responses take 1-2 days to get back to me. However, I can't personally say that this response time has ever, in any way disrupted my flow of work and when I did have a more urgent issue they were great about helping me quickly.

Hali
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Perfect for global SEO research and analysis

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

I have been able to prove how our content refresh and new blog content has boosted our visibility prior to our new website launch that included a content overhaul. I've shown the correlation between our position and visibility to our increase in search traffic and search purchases. I never would have been able to justify our efforts or my role without the help of SEMrush.

Pros

I love being able to build out dashboards for our keyword categories. It helps me see which product groups are performing well vs. which ones we need to focus on. We are a global company so being able to have keywords in different languages was one of the main selling points for me. It's been fantastic!

Cons

Since we are global, it would be nice if we didn't have to choose just one country for each dashboard. I really need to see performance on a global scale.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

The ease of use, dashboards, and keywords in languages other than English - including Chinese and Japanese.

Response from Semrush

Hi Hali! Thanks a lot for giving us this review, we appreciate it!

Tim
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Extremely useful, but sometimes unwieldy and expensive

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Pros

SEMrush is one of the most comprehensive SEO tools I've ever used. It's a great way to track our keyword performance across many crucial terms for which we need to rank for our business success, and it also helps us track benchmark performance metrics like Authority Score and Page Rankings with incredible detail that helps us know what's working and what isn't.

Cons

I don't like that there isn't an option to purchase a single subscription for a certain amount of users; instead, one has to add users individually to an account for an additional monthly subscription rate. This puts SEMrush far and away in a much more expensive category than almost any other leading SEO tool

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Moz Pro was set up in our organization a long time ago by someone who knew truly little about SEO, so SEMrush gave us an opportunity to start from scratch with a new tool that had very useful and easy to use keyword tools in addition to numerous other tracking tools that have helped us improve our understanding of our organic performance.

Moz Pro

Response from Semrush

Hi Tim, thank you so much for the review you left us! Great to hear you enjoy so many features. We will also consider your feedback on multiple users option!

• Industry: Publishing

A must-have for competitive analysis

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

The experience has been great. I couldn't do my job without this tool. Customer service is sometimes slow to respond, but I haven't had to use them very much. SEMRush also had great tutorials and webinars to help anyone regardless of what level they are in in the SEO industry.

Pros

I've used SEMRush in my current and previous role and it's a must-have for competitive analysis and rank tracking. I use this tool daily to monitor my top rankings and keywords. I use it to see where competitors have lost or gain keywords and use this information in my SEO strategy.

Cons

While it's great to have a social media toolkit, it's weak compared to full-featured social media software.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I was familiar with the tool from a previous role and other tools were too expensive.

Response from Semrush

Hi, thank you so much for your review! Great to know you believe SEMrush is a must-have! We're honoured to hear this. Thank you for the feedback on our SM toolkit - we're currently working on developing it further!

Jorge

#1 Agency Competitor and Market Analysis Tool

Reviewed on 2021/12/28

SEMrush allows me and my team to keep up to date with digital marketing trends, news, and content. When it comes to competitor and market research, SEMrush is my go-to digital strategy tool to perform this process in a timely and efficient manner.

Also, the keyword research tool makes my keyword planning more efficient and productive.

Pros

SEMrush has helped our onboarding process smoother and more efficient as we have available significant insights into our new client's market and competitive landscape. Having all this data available straight away allows to focus on higher-level tasks rather than investing much time in regular research activity.

Also, the resources section is the best. You guys show expertise through your courses and blogs.

Cons

I would suggest that there is a different sign-in scheme for agencies, for example, instead of signing in with one user, there should be an account type that allows an admin to grant user access to others while still being under the same plan. This will save time by not having to share credentials and keep resetting passwords.

SpyFu

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

SEMrush seemed to be more at the forefront of digital marketing trends and showed expertise with the resources available. Also, the onboarding experience was good.
Steven

SEMRush Rocks

Reviewed on 2022/01/17

Overall, I am happy and have found many uses for this software. I want better reporting for the nearly $230/month our small company pays though.

Pros

Support on the Rep side, instant data points with a single click, simple reporting

Cons

Some features have been removed with the price changes, mainly in the reporting section - Reporting is important in my industry and SEMRush has removed many of the options here for small business to take advantage of your reporting services due to the price point being too high on the "next level up."

Ahrefs

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Raven's reporting began to falter in places we needed it to become more robust for our clients, becoming more difficult overall.

Raven Tools

I can rely on the Google Data and compare in GA easily for tracking issues
Danielle
Danielle
  • Industry: Sporting Goods
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Excellent Resource for Complete Evaluation

Reviewed on 2023/08/10

Because it is crucial in the workplace. With Semrush, I can research new keywords, spy on the competitors, and keep tabs on the indexing status of our own initiatives.

Pros

In the world of digital marketing, Semrush is indispensable. You may use it for keyword research, forethought, tracking your SEO and site optimization efforts, for scheduling social media postings, for keeping tabs on the competitors, and for learning more about the competition. It's crucial to my job, therefore I can't do without it. Its breadth of utility is astounding.

Cons

For me, the price of Semrush is the only negative aspect of the service. In my opinion, it is too pricey and not a viable option for most people.

Response from Semrush

We appreciate your detailed review! It's fantastic to know that our platform plays a crucial role in your range of digital marketing efforts. We understand that pricing is a concern; with over 55 tools and the most accurate data on the market, the value goes beyond the cost.
If there's anything specific you'd like to discuss or explore further, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Tarunabh
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

My favourite SEO Research Tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

SEMrush has all the features built-in, that are required for a proper professional level SEO research. Although the general opinion is that Ahrefs is better than SEMrush, but personally, I have found SEMrush to be the best suited for my keyword and SEO optimized content research. The layout and interface is neat and when I tried the app, for the first time, it hardly took me five minutes to understand the navigation and features, and I could immediately get down to my research work. SEMrush enables me to tremendous amount of research work, within a very short span, with impressive accuracy and very reliable result data. If anyone can afford SEMrush subscription, then there's no need to look any further for other tools.

Pros

My favorite feature of SEMrush is the ability to export SEO Research Reports in PDF format, neatly arranged in a professionally presentable format, that can also be archived and stored for reading and detailed research later on, because SEMrush can generate thousands of very accurate results.
The Domain level organic SEO Research reveals very crucial information of any competitor's or personal domain - including very detailed and vital information like all the active backlinks, anchor keywords, trends, competitors' web pages and urls, and all ranking and top keywords from any given website. The Keyword research has one of the best performance, my favorite being the Keyword Magic tool that enables me to build a whole research campaign surrounding any given keyword with related keywords, phrase match, related questions, and so on. The SEO Content template tool is sufficient for doing any type of content writing and along with the Topic Research Tool, pretty much covers all aspects of building a professional SEO-friendly content around any topic and niche.

Cons

The prices are ridiculously high and even if you pay high fees for the Pro plan, you still cannot access to certain important features.
So it's not an affordable solution for individuals.
Apart from the high price, there is hardly any fault with this tool.

Response from Semrush

Hi Tarunabh, thank you for you review and your feedback on our pricing model! It is very appreciated!

Lauren
Lauren

Incredible tool for SEO research

Reviewed on 2022/04/28

Overall, SEMrush has been a game-changer for my SEO strategy. It's saved me a ton of time and guesswork about which keywords to target, and I've been able to help my clients grow their organic traffic more efficiently.

Pros

The most valuable part of SEMrush for me is the Keyword Magic Tool. I love that I can easily view related keywords and get suggestions for more competitive keywords that weren't on my radar yet.

Volume and Keyword Difficulty are the metrics I use the most. They have helped me rank on the first page of Google for clients with certain keywords. In addition, the Intent feature is really helpful for knowing why people are searching for a particular keyword.

Cons

I do wish the Keyword Magic Tool would bring up more suggestions sometimes. For example, I might search a keyword that popped up on Google suggestions but that SEMrush shows no data for. It would be helpful if the software brought up any related keywords even if there's no data for the exact wording I'm using. However, this is a small nickpick.

The other tough pill to swallow is the price. I'm a solopreneur, so paying the monthly fee for Pro is steep. However, I do think their pricing is competitive with other tools.

Marlyn
Marlyn
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

An excellent tool for SEO and online metrics

Reviewed on 2020/06/14

Semrush is a platform that has helped us analyze where we are compared to the competition, the metrics and data it provides are useful to know how it can be improved to have greater visibility of the web, another function that handles very well Semrush is the keyword group, this makes our work easier. Semrush is always in constant training; they offer webinars that help us have a better idea of how to use Semrush tools in a better way, there is a whole group of experts behind this platform that help to improve the experience in the matter of SEO.

Pros

Semrush is an excellent marketing tool to measure data and make decisions based on it, something that I consider positive is its price, compared to the competition it is cheap considering all the tools it has. Semrush is an excellent tool to analyze technical issues with a website and see if SEO is working correctly, and in this way determine our priorities. Something I like about Semrush is that it helps me to identify which backlinks we have and Identify which are the best sources of traffic and which ones we want on our website. I consider Semrush to be an excellent tool to track online visibility and, in this way we measure our online positioning compared to the competition.

Cons

Although it is an excellent platform with multiple functions, it takes time to adapt since its interface is not very intuitive to say. Some features are difficult to find, and that takes time to know where they are; this is time-consuming since you have to search and Learn where they are. For someone who is using it for the first time is a bit difficult since it has to adapt to the platform. In conclusion, the user experience is complex for someone who uses it for the first time.

Response from Semrush

Thank you so much Marlyn for writing this great review. We really appreciate your feedback about our tool.

Mary

Easiest and Most Robust Option

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Great. Easy to use, easy to roll out, easy to adopt team-wide.

Great. Easy to use, easy to roll out, easy to adopt team-wide.

Pros

So easy to use. When we decided to make the switch company-wide earlier this year I was happy to see that there were so many educational resources for our teams to easily get onboarded. They all picked it up quickly and the transition has been smooth. Our old SEO tool lacked many of the features SEMRush has, so the team has been excited to start playing with all the new things and we're even creating new deliverables for our clients because of these new features.

Cons

The API documentation could be better. Part of the reason we switched to SEMRush was the ability to use the API for much of our reporting. It's frustrating that you cannot download organic research time series data from the UI into a csv and that the only API option is for a full domain, not per url or subdirectory. The documentation of the API was also quite frustrating as we had to decode what some of the abbreviations meant.

Ahrefs and DataForSEO

Cost and functionality

BrightEdge

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Robustness of features, ease of use, cost.
Vasilis

Rank with Semrush

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

Let's suppose you have a blog. You are adding information and content, but you have no traffic and no idea where you exist in search engines.
Semrush TOGETHER with a SEO Optimiser like Yoast SEO and better with Gramarly, will give you immediately a 'map' where you rank and what to do.
This is a good tool, not so many 'how to do SEO' articles like Ahrefs, but really OK.
However - don't expect to see results fast. You will be happy to see that your page exist in google, even in top 20 for a keyword, your rank grow from 0.16 to 0.17 , and your estimated traffic is 0.002 visits / month!

Pros

Semrush has a huge database for keyword search. However, there are many cases the Magic Keyword Tool doesn't bring results even for not-so-long-tail or unusual keywords.
If you want to rank your website fast this is a correct tool with reasonable price. Daily reports show your best ranking pages. Then you can fine-tune text to help your best pages to go up in Google Top 3,10,20 and top 100.
That can be done further with other tools like Yoast Seo. There are some features inside Semrush but much more expensive so I didn't try them.
Semrush is giving you as many crawls as you want a serious edge above competition.
A newer feature are proposed ideas to rank better. Although in my cases, most of the proposals are not realistic, they are good as guideline and some are applicable. At the end, these are suggestions, not an autopilot system to rank.
As usual you have to know your business.
Another important feature is backlink builder, proposing you thousands of sites to build your links based from the backlinks of your competitors.
I can definitely tell you that most of those proposed links are really impossible to build. Either coming from friends, or from advertorials or irrelevant sites. But again this is a positive list you may filter and use.
Here is an internal "organiser'" allowing you to mark whatever you consider important, and the way to build your backling ie, call owner, post comment etc.
There are many features, even in the starter plan 99$+vat / montly

Cons

Daily reports are giving errors that are not errors and someone needs to know the site well to understand .
There is also a robots.txt report error, that I found it was not really an error of the site.
The Keyword Difficulty tool, is impressive but (in my case ) never gave me a useful information.
That is becasue, the 'easy to rank ' keywords, don't have traffic.
The keywords with traffic are all red - practically impossible to rank
And the middle list of medium difficulty is empty - not even long tail words are there.
That is a serious problem with the tool.

• Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

An SEO platform that grows in strength and capability

Reviewed on 2022/03/03

After almost a decade of using SEMrush, I can't recommend it highly enough. For a serious marketing research, it should be an essential component. There are many different types of data available in SEMrush. Being able to turn data into actionable KPIs is essential. SEMrush provides you with the information you need to make wise decisions and to do so daily. When it comes to creating a website, there are a lot of moving parts. With so many data points, creating a visual model is essential if you want to use the information proactively. SEMrush gives me the tools I need to improve the performance, speed, and intelligence of my websites.

Pros

Any software has both internal and external benefits. On the exterior, I like to see good design, good navigation, and a good rate of work. It has one of the largest keyword databases among similar tools, as well as all the essential configurations like keyword magic tools that allow you to add stop words and all the other features that a current SEO tool should have. To keep our SEM and SEO teams in touch, we use SEMrush to get a lot of information regarding keywords, technical, and competition data. When we first started using SEMrush, we utilized it as an "add-on" to other products, but now it is our primary tool. SEMrush's API access is just another perk of an enterprise-level subscription. In addition, we use the organic research tool a lot to learn about our domain as well as our competitors'. While researching their competition and the market, the SEM team makes use of the "Competitive Intelligence Add-On" offered by SEMrush to gather information.

Cons

A lot of expertise and attention is required because the product's UI is so simple to use. A class of keywords may be necessary if you are new to digital marketing or SEO. Ultimately, it's not a huge problem. SEMrush has one flaw that irked me. At any given moment, you can only have one account open in your browser. When someone else logs in using the same account as you, you can't get back in.

Response from Semrush

Hello there! Thank you very much for your detailed review & for sharing your concerns. In our ToS, we state that each account allows limited number of devices and locations for simultaneous login - otherwise, our security system is triggered since more logins could mean unauthorised access. To prevent third parties from accessing your data, the account is logged out and you will have to restore the password.

Muzamil

Powerful SEO tool with great capabilities

Reviewed on 2022/07/21

We wanted a tool that can help us fill in our gaps in the industry on the side of SEO, SEMRUSH has helped us to optimize all our on-site pages, off-site and technical SEOs for the website. The tool helps in conducting keyword analysis and compares us with others in the market.

Pros

The platform is great for many things such as website audit, link building, conducting backlink analysis, finding the keyword and backlinks gap, conducting competitive analysis, and finding the correct keywords for website optimization and website analytics.

Cons

Too many features can confuse the starters, and do require proper induction and training to be able to utilize everything within the platform. SEMRUSH only focuses on Google rankings, it would have been great to see other search engines too (Yahoo, bing, safari, etc).

And it is a bit pricey and if one needs every feature then Guru gets more expensive.

Response from Semrush

Thanks for using our tool to fill in all the SEO data you could need! With over 55+ tools, we understand it can be a lot. We have created resources in our Knowledge Base and have links to "User Manual" in most of our tools. When you first sign up for an account, we can provide you with a live demo which will help make the interface easier to navigate :)

Patrick
Patrick

Best Digital Marketing Tool That Helps To Create Website Analysis Report

Reviewed on 2023/04/15

The Semrush is a great tool to analyze, track and improve website the performance. With the help of its intuitive interface, we can easily access data related to organic traffic, keyword rankings, backlinks and many other important SEO metrics. We can also use tools such as Site Audit and Position Tracking to better understand how their website is performing in search results. In addition to providing detailed analytics data on a company’s current performance We can also get insights into areas where improvements need to be made by leveraging reports such as Competitor Research & Analysis or Keyword Research & Discovery. All of these features are easy to navigate which makes them perfect for any size business from small startups all the way up through enterprise level companies who rely heavily on SEO optimization. Semrush even allows agencies with multiple clients manage their accounts with ease thanks to flexible pricing tiers that include white labeling options so each client's account looks like it belongs exclusively with them rather than being managed by an outside agency at first glance. This helps build trust between both parties which ultimately leads to better long-term relationships. Overall, Semrush provides an excellent user experience for anyone looking for comprehensive services when it comes time develop and optimize an effective digital marketing strategy that includes a strong focus on search engine optimization.

Pros

SEMrush is a powerful digital marketing tool that offers a wide range of features to help businesses improve their online presence. One of the biggest pros of SEMrush is its ability to provide valuable insights into a business's SEO and PPC campaigns, as well as their competitors'. With SEMrush, users can conduct in-depth keyword research, track keyword rankings, and analyze their website's backlinks. Additionally, SEMrush offers a comprehensive social media management tool, allowing users to schedule posts, track engagement, and monitor their competitors' social media activity. Another benefit of SEMrush is its intuitive user interface, making it easy for even novice users to navigate and make use of its features. SEMrush also offers customizable reporting, allowing users to create and share reports tailored to their specific needs. Overall, SEMrush is a versatile and powerful tool that can greatly benefit businesses looking to improve their digital marketing efforts.

Cons

Users can track website's performance and gain valuable insights into their competitors' strategies. We can also find best keywords for business traffic.

Response from Semrush

Hi there. Thank you so much for the extensive review! We're glad our tool has been a valuable asset in analyzing and improving website performance. Our user-friendly interface provides easy access to crucial SEO metrics like organic traffic, keyword rankings, and backlinks. With features like Site Audit and Position Tracking, you can gain insights into your search performance. Whether you're a small startup or a big enterprise, Semrush has you covered. Thanks for being part of our journey, and feel free to reach out if you need any support!