Miro

4,7 (1 496)
Miro is a visual workspace for innovation

(1 496)

David
David
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Miro is the dream product for remote teams!

Reviewed on 2022/12/20

I love Miro, it’s helped me organize my own thoughts and ideas, and collaborate with people in any location and at any time (or asynchronously). It’s just Ana amazing repository, and a really flexible tool that provides all sorts of solutions.

Pros

Miro is the digital whiteboard I spent 20 years to see, and it’s almost as awesome as I always hoped. Being able to quickly and easily collect all sorts of materials, designs, references, links, diagrams, etc, and have a permanent, shareable repository is HUGE for teams.

Cons

I understand pricing st a basic level, where it’s basically just myself and a few reviewers, but I don’t understand how to scale it where large numbers of people are creating within it, and it seems like that would get expensive quickly.

FigJam

Reasons for Choosing Miro

I had actually used Miro before, then tried FigJam because it’s “free” (if you’re already using Figma), but it’s not nearly as full-featured - though it IS mostly “good enough,” and it’s going to keep improving… Miro should not get complacent.

FigJam
Jessica
Jessica

Miro Collaboration helps our team build product roadmaps

Reviewed on 2023/03/17

Our team is able to create better user flows and roadmaps as a result of the collaborative features made available by Miro. Facilitates communication between product concept and actual use. It's easy to get started with Miro because it comes with a pre-made template.

Pros

This program has a high degree of natural user interface design. It has not been necessary for me to make use of any native tutorials (which are, of course, fantastic) in order to create excellent diagrams. Facilitates the visualization of technological processes with the purpose of pinpointing areas of difficulty, complexity, and risk.

Cons

The only drawback is that it takes an extra click every time I want to write the name on a whiteboard. A pop-up window appears whenever I try to give a board a name.

Best way to visually collaborate with clients

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Pros

It helps give us a birds eye view of the projects we are working on. That allows for clients to easily understand what we are doing and give us feedback.

The ability to use colours when adding comments allows us to start associating colours with certain messages which allows one to know if there are things to be attended to with just a glance.

Cons

It tends to require a lot of CPU resources which can be an inconvenience because one tends to use it in conjunction with a design software like sketch/photoshop which also require significant CPU power.

Barbara
Barbara

Miro helps collaborative thinking and visualization

Reviewed on 2023/11/13

Miro has greatly simplified our ability to efficiently prepare for and address issues with current initiatives. It has reduced the need for back-and-forth emails by providing a more engaging medium for sharing information.

Pros

One of the best things about using miro is that it's just like having a virtual whiteboard to write down and draw out your thoughts. We can collaborate, plan, etc. virtually as my team is all overseas.

Cons

However, Miro could improve this service by adding smart groups and data grouping and upgrading live conversation video.

Brian
  • Industry: Design

Collaboration is important? In-house or remote, this is your tool!

Reviewed on 2023/12/10

Pros

The ease of use and the ability for any and all to participate in discussions and ideations.

Cons

It is large and moves slowly as the boards get bigger.

• Industry: Design

The best way to collaborate online

Reviewed on 2023/12/01

I like the way it's easy to use. Also my clients use it easily even if they don't use it everyday.

Pros

I get used to work almost everyday on Miro. I work a lot with people and projecting creative features to make their experience better.

Cons

Sometimes it stops and doesn't let me work frictionlessly.

Yasith
Yasith

Best online drawing tool

Reviewed on 2023/11/30

It's the only tool that I've enjoyed drawing online. I use it for both personal and work-related drawing. The overall experience is really positive.

Pros

It's the user experience that made me switch to Miro. The diagrams you draw look really good compared to other tools like Lucid Charts. Drawing diagrams and connecting them together is really easy compared to other tools I've used. Sharing the diagram is also easy and you can follow someone when they are explaining something on the board. I also really like the template library that they have. They also have a Mac app which I really like.

Cons

There is nothing much I don't like about Miro. It's a little expensive.

Rodica
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A good board for collaboration

Reviewed on 2023/12/29

Pros

It is easy to use and it does the job for teaching online. A good whiteboard!

Cons

Actually it has the basic features needed for teaching online. For more elaborate collaboration you might think to choose something else.

Angel
  • Industry: Automotive

Amazing collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2024/01/30

Pros

Love all the activities we can do on Micro that helps from team building to brain storming.

Cons

At times when the board gets big navigation can become tricky however I recently found the summon all feature and it works wonders.

Julio Mario
  • Industry: Accounting

Miro - Brainstorming Software

Reviewed on 2023/12/28

Overall, the experience has been great. I actually use it a lot when I have to do some brainstorming for new ideas or to get some new clients but that's the most I've used it for for only brainstorming.

Pros

I like the most that you can do collaborative brainstorming in the virtual or work from home method

Cons

In my opinion should improve the website. I think it should be a little easier perhaps even have some training videos where you know actually what it does, and what you can do in order to actually see what else it could do.

Maszni
Maszni
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Right tool for online visual collaboration

Reviewed on 2021/03/22

Miro is the most constantly software that we have use when the pandemic hit our country, and we need to work remotely from home. It has all the tools that we need to collaborate on task and project and it work on real-time setting. We are really happy adopting this software as part of our work system.

Pros

Online meeting and project discussion in online settings is the strongest feature that Miro has offered. Screen sharing is the most important and really critical feature that me and my team need when we are doing an online meeting for our project discussion as it will help us to visually showing our computer screen for other to see the point that i am presenting.

Cons

There are some bugs with the screen sharing, like it won't load my audio file and failed to play it but work correctly with the video file. The whiteboard has no board to its canvas and if not control correctly it will taking too much resource of my computer RAM and will drag my computer to run slowly.

Jeremy
Jeremy
  • Industry: Research

Visual thinking board

Reviewed on 2021/12/17

I'm a visual thinker, and I couldn't function without a tool like this. I've tried them all and keep coming back to Miro.

Pros

It has all the flexibility I need to lay out my ideas, and progressively develop them. Plus, the community templates are amazingly useful and new contributions keep coming.

Cons

I am sometimes disappointed or unimpressed by the visual aesthetic aspect, but this is a very light annoyance.

Mural

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Generally, at some point I get annoyed at some missing feature, or I find myself reproducing a template from the Miro community.

MindMeister, Mindomo and Mural

Reasons for Switching to Miro

I was lucky to get an educational licence as a PhD Candidate, which made the choice trivia.
Denise
Denise

Excellent experience in collaborative work

Reviewed on 2022/06/03

For the most part, we've used it as a brainstorming tool since we first started using it. It allows me and my colleagues to reorganize our thoughts in novel ways. Even though we're all working at our desks, it feels like we're using post-it notes on a whiteboard.

Pros

It was a great experience, and I've used him for both teaching and scheduling since I met him. Intuition and teamwork are at the heart of Miro's design. You may use it on any device without having to download any additional software or plugins. A fast learner who can quickly engage a diverse group of individuals.

Cons

The only drawback I can think of is that uploading material such as videos might take a while. In addition, the cost per license for a small business is considerable, although the free basic version is fairly comprehensive.

Angelo

A Comprehensive Look at Miro's Features

Reviewed on 2023/01/22

Overall, Miro is an excellent collaboration platform with a wealth of features to help teams work together. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use, and the real-time collaboration feature is invaluable. While the pricing structure can be confusing and expensive and there are some features that could be improved, Miro is still a great tool for teams to use.

Pros

Miro is an excellent collaboration platform that offers a wide variety of features to help teams work together effectively. Its user-friendly interface is intuitive and easy to use, while the ability to create boards and draw diagrams allows everyone to easily visualize ideas. The real-time collaboration feature is invaluable, allowing teams to work together in real-time without having to constantly switch back and forth between applications.

Cons

While Miro offers a great suite of features, there are a few drawbacks. The pricing structure can be confusing and expensive for larger teams, and there are some features that could be improved, such as the ability to import files from other applications. Additionally, the user interface can be somewhat clunky at times.

Rachel
Rachel
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Miro is the Master of Teamwork and Collaboration

Reviewed on 2023/06/20

We've started using Miro as a tool for brainstorming and sharing our thoughts. It's been a great way to generate ideas and make rough drafts of our projects. This method is effective because it allows us to briefly describe the benefits and drawbacks of each idea.

Pros

Online teamwork is fantastic. To let others contribute to the whiteboard, just send them an email invitation. Including people from outside the team in the project's development is beneficial. Miro is a portable and functional whiteboard app. We can now put things into some kind of order that makes sense.

Cons

Because of Miro's per-user licensing structure, everyone who wants to work together on a project must chip in. The issue is that you cannot invite individuals for the sole purpose of reading without purchasing a license for each individual user.

Katrina
Katrina
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Miro solves our need for a single project collaboration platform

Reviewed on 2023/09/04

The updates and integrations that Miro consistently rolls out only serve to improve the user experience. Together with my colleagues, I use it all the time to visually prototype ideas, train and educate, and plot our future moves.

Pros

Miro can adapt to nearly any circumstance and is very user-friendly. It doesn't restrict your innovative process and is simple to communicate to coworkers. With Miro, we now have a central hub for cross-departmental brainstorming and project development. This facilitates better content management and comprehension.

Cons

I feel like I'm only using a small portion of the capabilities, the price is a little high, and the board organization is terrible, so I often wonder whether a cheaper, simpler solution might suffice.

Syamir
Syamir

Flexible digital whiteboard

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

My team and I has produce numerous idea and and planning our project process with the help of Miro. Miro also is a good additional software whenever we have an online meeting and let everyone draw to the whiteboard and sharing ideas to improve the meeting process visually.

Pros

Miro is providing a vast range of template for the whiteboard that can compliment my whiteboard objective. Planning, brain storming session and discussion with my colleague has really improved as we can chatting with each other when using the whiteboard. Everyone on the board will be assign with their representative color so we can distinguished which member editing and altering the board.

Cons

There are limit of the whiteboard size that we can use to drawn or adding shapes to the board. If we exceeding the board size, i need to create a new board and can't combine the board. There are also no password that can be assign to the whiteboard to protect it from get edited or deleted by anonymous user.

Cynthia
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Now I Can't Live Without It

Reviewed on 2021/09/22

The flexibility of this product is astounding. I can use it for almost every element of my daily workflow as a self-employed business consultant. I use boards to keep track of what tasks are on my plate today as well as which ones are on deck. It's cut my time putting new presentations together by half, since I can brainstorm what I want to include and organize it quickly which cuts down on the time I actually spend putting slides together. Plus, it makes workshops a snap since I can illustrate changes in real time or even invite attendees to collaborate live. I use it for marketing too - brainstorming our marketing story and persona and moving seamlessly into wireframes. I originally used it with one of my clients, but am now a subscriber myself who recommends it to everyone I know.

Pros

My favorite thing about Miro is it's flexibility. I have a hard time thinking of a business problem I want to work on where Miro isn't helpful - which is great a solo business owner. From task tracking, the brainstorming content creation, marketing, and monitoring strategic improvement (with approaches like traction) Miro is up for just about any challenge.

Cons

I'd love to see the ability to do more customized branding, to integrate our favorite fonts and use a wider palate of colors.

Ronald
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Enough about project management, Miro is awesome for teaching !!

Reviewed on 2021/08/03

I'm a university teacher. Since the pandemic started, I have been trying different platforms and software every semester. I have a pen tablet (Wacom Intuos L), but pairing it with the right sofware or platform is kinda tricky. I'm very picky and demanding about the quality of the drawings and visual tools I can present to my students in each class; and that's why I'm always looking for better tools. I've used OpenBoard, MS Whiteboard, MS OneNote, Krita, Blender (yes, not kidding!), Google Jamboard, Inkscape and Diagrams IO.

Since I found Miro, everything changed, it's like... this is the tool !!... finally!!... I use it for each one of my classes. Also, I started using it in my other job, as a patent examiner, because it was so easy to visually represent all the information about a technical invention... but primarilly I use Miro as a teaching tool.

I like Miro so much, I'm thinking about making a series of videos in my YouTube channel about how to use Miro for teaching, so the other professors at my university can use it too... and maybe like that we could convince the university to buy us some license... I hope it works.

oh... I also used it to teach math to my niece, she is 13 years old, she really loved it

Pros

The "upload"-->"saved files" its the most usefull tool ever. I work with Inkscape to produce PNG drawings for my classes, and with Miro I can upload them into my "saved files" and re-use them in other classes... it's like having a library of drawings. Absolutely brilliant.

Cons

The price. I think you could make a simpler version for teachers that don't have enough money for a tool oriented to project management. The "teacher" version doesn't need Canvas, and all the others fancy integrations, just give us the "saved files" and the basic tools and we will make magic with Miro.

Patrick M
Patrick M
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Incredible platform for collaborating, brainstorming and executing ideas.

Reviewed on 2023/05/13

Miro understands numerous of the collaboration impediments of not being able to connected together with your colleagues in individual. With Miro, my organization can brainstorm, oversee ventures, share thoughts, and celebrate in a virtual space as on the off chance that we were sharing a meeting room. Miro makes a difference me organize my thoughts by rationally mapping them, making client stories, and the community has extraordinary formats for distinctive needs, particularly workshops, collaborating and sharing in genuine time with colleagues is additionally exceptionally simple.

Pros

I cherish the collaboration highlights accessible in Miro, the capacity to make sheets and grant get to to others is what sets Miro separated from the rest, no other stage I've utilized combines an natural whiteboard/mind outline interface with collaboration highlights live as easily as Miro. It's a awesome device for numerous purposes: share introductions, run workshops remotely, utilize it as a canvas to organize your thoughts, or basically as a board to glue your images. Presenting with Miro could be a extraordinary involvement, on the off chance that you know your members are not exceptionally great with the apparatus or have never utilized it, you'll drive them to take after you whereas you display, which makes a difference anticipate botches, most of the highlights are exceptionally natural.

Cons

It's not a idealize apparatus, but it'll be, and I'm beyond any doubt they strive to be the leading; I know from my encounter that there's a part of investigate with their client database to move forward. Its video include needs work, its modern highlights like clustering and keen gatherings still feel like a work in advance, but they are great features. Third party plugins can cause you a few issues at times, whereas usually not completely Miro's blame, I think way better documentation and engineer back would offer assistance to dispose of these uncommon issues.

Eileen
Eileen
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Collaborative, intuitive and high-potential platform

Reviewed on 2023/05/17

Miro is an invaluable tool for optimizing collaboration and project management. Its benefits in efficiency, communication and dynamism of meetings are widely productive. I recommend Miro to any team that wants to improve their work processes and collaboration.

Pros

Miro is an exceptional platform that has perfected the way I manage projects in the office. Its intuitive and easy-to-use interface allows team members to collaborate in real time. Infinite boards and multiple drawing tools make it easy to visually organize ideas and plan projects. Miro has also been instrumental in improving meeting dynamics, thanks to its predefined templates and voting features. The mobile app allows users to participate from anywhere, which is especially useful for remote or on-the-go teams.

Cons

Despite its advantages, Miro can be costly when advanced features or many users are required. In addition, the platform can sometimes be slow to load boards with large amounts of information or visual elements.

Marlyn
Marlyn
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Miro - Nice visualization and collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2023/09/06

We use Miro in my team to dynamically participate, brainstorm and work on ideas in a fluid and interctive way. Integrations with other plugins and tools also enhance the experience, allowing us to centralize our activities on one platform. And when it comes to ideating, drag and drop functionality and schematic elements remove any technical limitations, giving you the freedom to think creatively.

Pros

I have been using Miro and it has been quite an intuitive and versatile tool for my team, whether small or large. The platform is easy to navigate, and the free templates really help us get started with brainstorming sessions, meetings, and discussions. Since we introduced Miro into our workflow everyone has found it easy to use, what sets Miro apart for me is the real time collabortion feature.

Cons

I really don't have any point at the moment.

Sohaib
Sohaib
  • Industry: Market Research

Simply the best whiteboard software available

Reviewed on 2021/07/21

It's an easy to use collaborative whiteboard software. It's great for creating mindmaps, jotting down ideas or even planning. We always try to use Miro asap in any meeting rather than discussing theoretical - visualising it makes sure everyone in the team is on the same page and Miro makes it so easy to do that.

Pros

The templates are incredibly helpful. There is just so much variety and all expertly done. Saves you so much time having to think about what kind of diagram is best for the ideas you're discussing with the team. In our team now, we've started to choose Miro over a physical whiteboard.

Miro is also incredibly dynamic - you can do everything from mindmaps to wireframes. It's great to have everything in one single place.

Miro also makes sharing really easy; from team members, guests to public. It is very easy to set different permission levels and also revoke them when required. Makes sure any sensitive information isn't available for too long.

Cons

Nothing majorly. I've had a couple of hick-ups previously and the Miro team took a while to respond - there doesn't seem to be a live customer service so that would be good to have. But they're always adding new features and improving the platform. Not had any issues now for a long time.

Faruk
Faruk

Best tool for 100% remote teams for collaboration

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

We're working 100% remote in several locations. We were using Miro even before the pandemic but due to the switch to the remote working, it became a must for our tech-stack. I like the versatility and smooth user experience on this software. It replaced our physical boards, and we can do even more with this tool online, nobody misses the physical boards. When we have our meetings, Miro is always open, we also do our project discussions on Miro. We forgot about presentations since we can share our Miro project instead of wasting time on creating slides. As a manager and content producer, I use it as an individual as well. It triggers my creativity and I am very glad to have this tool in my daily workflow.

Pros

As a collaboration tool, Miro has everything. It has integration with almost everything out there, and for us, it makes a huge difference. We use it for presentation purposes, task tracking, visualization of our projects, and team communication tool. Miro is extremely easy to use. I didn't have any issues to share with the newcomers in the team, everybody loves it.

Cons

Earlier this year, I noticed some issues with the screen sharing but recently, it seems to be fixed. The pricing for additional team member is slightly high, it would be great to make it a little useful. However, if you compare with the other tools out there, still the price is sitting in the middle for me. I never really had to contact the Support so I can't comment on this.

Visualization, Brainstorming and Diagrams in one place

Reviewed on 2023/06/23

So far a great experience. I didn't encounter any strange behaviors or data loss, even on the free tier. Awesome tool for brainstorming, visualizing and organizing key concepts and ideas. Miro whiteboards are the easiest way for me to express and explain my views and ideas to other team members.

Pros

Easy way to visualize and organize key facts/resources about the topic. Many people I work with as a technology advisor prefer visual aids for product development and strategy planning. Miro is the only tool I have found that effectively presents my ideas and recommendations to them. I've participated in countless virtual meetings and written dozens of lengthy emails detailing various features, processes, and advantages and disadvantages of each approach. However, I felt like I wasn't getting my ideas and methods across effectively. That is, until I discovered Miro. I added key bullet points to the whiteboard, one diagram and organized everything in a visually appealing and easy-to-follow way - it took me 5 minutes to explain everything I wanted to share with them, using only 1% of data delivered earlier through emails and other project planning platforms.

Cons

I tried to use it for task management, but it somehow just didn't work for me. Also, a few more shapes, icons, direction lines would be nice to have without a need to use external providers.