Miro

4.7 (1,544)
Write a Review!
Miro is a visual workspace for innovation

(1,544)

Andoni
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Miro changed the way I do University and Work

Reviewed on 2021/08/04

Since I use Miro, Teamwork is too easy to manage.

It changed the way we share documents, images,...

Since I use Miro, Teamwork is too easy to manage.

It changed the way we share documents, images, sketches and ideas.

It is like a real White board where you can embed almost anything and collaboration in real time is such a great feature.

Pros

As an architect I love to have an organized and free Workspace. Miro is that amazing virtual workspace.

I like a lot tools like Pen, Frame, Shape, Mind Maps, Kanban, Tables, etc. These tools do their job and are extremely easy to use and undestand.

Presentation mode is a pppfff , it´s amazing , I love it, It´s so versatile.

Video chat is a great tool, is very important for teamwork.

In general, the App is very complete and has a big potential.

Cons

Well, as creative guys, we need many tools to express our ideas.
I´d like to see tools like 3D on Miro.

Tools related to Interior design, industrial design, architecture.
I mean, tools that allow us to create what we´re thinking , what we see on our imagination. Because the creative process is what makes the difference.

It comes to mind tools like 3D , complex shapes, to embed VR and AR docs, maps, idk... maybe not a tool but other Apps conected.

Milanote , Canva and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Miro is extremly beautiful , it is striking; colors, icons, UX and UI. Miro is a complete App and I think the most important thing I considered was the ability to connect with other apps.

Trello , monday.com and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Miro

Conexion to other apps and the amazing visual workspace :)
Jessica
Jessica

Miro Collaboration helps our team build product roadmaps

Reviewed on 2023/03/17

Our team is able to create better user flows and roadmaps as a result of the collaborative features made available by Miro. Facilitates communication between product concept and actual use. It's easy to get started with Miro because it comes with a pre-made template.

Pros

This program has a high degree of natural user interface design. It has not been necessary for me to make use of any native tutorials (which are, of course, fantastic) in order to create excellent diagrams. Facilitates the visualization of technological processes with the purpose of pinpointing areas of difficulty, complexity, and risk.

Cons

The only drawback is that it takes an extra click every time I want to write the name on a whiteboard. A pop-up window appears whenever I try to give a board a name.

Sujay Kumar
  • Industry: Food Production

The irreplaceable asset for strategy formulation

Reviewed on 2024/05/29

Miro has been a great software to work at for formulating our ideas, strategy and most importantly collaborative brainstorming. This has enabled us not only to be incentives towards our employees and team members, but also with the pop up of some of the best ideas. Overall, Miro is a must tool for everyone!

Pros

1. Huge number of templates allowing us to choose the best as per ourselves
2. Flexibility while working out or ideation
3. Collaborative workspace for brainstorming with team

Cons

1. Poor quality of export in document and image in free version
2. Should onboard the workspace in the start with dark version

Best way to visually collaborate with clients

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Pros

It helps give us a birds eye view of the projects we are working on. That allows for clients to easily understand what we are doing and give us feedback.

The ability to use colours when adding comments allows us to start associating colours with certain messages which allows one to know if there are things to be attended to with just a glance.

Cons

It tends to require a lot of CPU resources which can be an inconvenience because one tends to use it in conjunction with a design software like sketch/photoshop which also require significant CPU power.

Saka

Effective task management and collaboration solution

Reviewed on 2024/02/27

Miro has been an effective tool in project management and planning enabling our teams to work together

Pros

I like that the tool allows management and working together among different projects enhancing collaboration.

Cons

The only drawback i have realized is at times the customer support is unresponsive

Mallex
  • Industry: Higher Education

Awasome Experience with Miro

Reviewed on 2024/04/24

Pros

I like the integration of Miro with other tools such as Slack, Google Drive, and Zoom. This allows me to keep my workflow centralized.
Miro's sense of whiteboard platform is designed for teams to brainstorm, mind map, and collaborate visually. This can be a much more engaging way to work together compared to traditional text documents.

Cons

I don't like its limitations to offline access and cost. sometimes you don't use all features but you have to pay the same amount. So, it is expensive.

Srikanth

Excellent for Designing, flowchart and collaboration

Reviewed on 2024/05/10

Its been very easy and helpful for creating flowcharts and collaborating with teams.

Pros

Excellent for creating flow charts/ diagrams
Easy to collaborate with teams
Availability of templates to have a head start.
Access controls in sharing the content with others.

Cons

Mobile app is not very effective.
It may be pricey and licenses were not given to all the resources by default.

Yin Syuan
  • Industry: Design

Easy and quick to create brainstorming boards for individual and group

Reviewed on 2024/06/02

Pros

Easy to create the brainstorming board and link different ideas

Cons

It would be better if the software can link and export to different platforms like illustrator

• Industry: Design

Multifunctional & Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2024/06/11

Pros

Collaboration tools are easy to use. Interface is pleasant.

Cons

I like everything about it. There have been no issues.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy to use and looks professional

Reviewed on 2024/05/24

Pros

I can hop in with literally zero training and make a flow chart or idea board that looks professional.

Cons

Some UI functions like zooming in and out can sometimes be clunky but that's probably due to my lack of formal training.

John

An app I've been looking for, modern diagramming done extremely well

Reviewed on 2021/10/16

I'm a designer by profession and am used to design tools, and this feels like one, but one that is very easy to grasp and seems to know what it is that you want to do. Definitely the diagramming app that I've been looking for the past 2 decades. Thank you Miro team for making this, the other apps before were just so clunky.

Pros

It's very intuitive. It responds in a very fluid and responds in ways that it seems to know what you're trying to do.

I've used other diagramming tools for the best part of this century, like Visio, Lucid, Omni, and all of them were just so clunky and restrictive, they have very strict ways of working and are very 'enterprise' orientated, like made for The Office, and so I would use vector apps like Sketch, of Flash (before) in order to make diagrams. But then, I stumbled upon Miro, and it was like dafaq? This is the app I've been looking for, and it worked in ways that

Cons

Honestly, nothing. A few small things, but they that have been ever so slightly irksome that I fail to recall.

Kelly M
Kelly M

Excellent multipurpose software with functional features

Reviewed on 2022/05/16

An array of tools and templates for specialized purposes make it simple to get started, and it's simple to find what you're looking for when you do. A fantastic user experience on every device, regardless of operating system, is ensured by being platform agnostic. It has allowed us to hold more successful seminars without depending on countless physical post-it notes, and to cooperate effectively while having a remote team and customer base.

Pros

Any product designer, UX designer, UI designer, or member of a remote design team should have a copy of Miro on hand. It's a great tool for design thinking, brainstorming, and whiteboarding. Their great templates will also assist any novice get started and hold fruitful meetings.

Cons

For freelancers on a tight budget, Miro might be prohibitively expensive. For established agencies, though, this is ideal. Even though a voting tool was recently added to the product, a wider range of interactive elements would help us better engage audiences and create better workshop experiences.

Sarah
Sarah

Collaboration and PM are easy with Miro

Reviewed on 2022/12/26

Miro excels in providing a framework for structuring data. Miro also makes it simple to create shared boards for group work. In my current use case, I cannot imagine a situation where Miro would be less suitable or less fit.

Pros

Miro is used in many ways in my organization, both internally and externally, and in a wide range of projects and interactions with stakeholders. We use the software for conceptualization and planning, charting the customer and partner journey, designing processes, and gathering user input. It's useful to be able to see ideas on a screen and work on them with a group of people all at once.

Cons

It may take a while to grant someone access to the board. Once or twice, someone we added to the board didn't immediately gain edit privileges, but I suspect this was due to a problem rather than a lack of features.

Laura
Laura
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Miro is a powerful collaborative tool

Reviewed on 2023/01/23

Being able to work in tandem with my team in real time is one of Miro's greatest strengths. As a result of being able to share my board with my team, we have been able to collaborate on ideas in real time, which has been invaluable to the success of our projects.

Pros

I've used Miro extensively, and I can attest that it's a fantastic resource for facilitating communication among groups and coordinating the development of cohesive plans. Even those who aren't particularly tech-savvy will have no trouble navigating the UI. Moreover, Miro includes a wide selection of templates and drawing tools, which I've found useful for rapidly and easily producing visualizations like diagrams, mind maps, and more.

Cons

However, I have discovered that when I have numerous people using my dashboard at once, it might become a little sluggish. But I've learned to adapt, so it hasn't been too much of a problem for me.

Jakub

Th golden standard in whiteboarding

Reviewed on 2022/03/08

Generally the use and feel of Miro is great. We used it for planning, layouting, inspirations and moodboards. This is working absolutely great. ven exporting a backup from Miro feels as it is intended - no hassle. Just download the file. Same goes for exportin to PDF etc. Works. And that is the biggest added value.

Pros

The ease of starting using Miro is amazing. Just register and start whiteboarding. After a while if you need any functionality you can think of you start to dig through the menues in the app and just like that - you find what you need. Be it a canban or a timer or building blocks for flowcharting.

Cons

It is definitely on the pricier end when it comes to collaborative editing. Of course there is a free and a "consultant" plan, but even after signing up for that one sharing boards and stating editing feels a bit rough. So you might pay for users and taht gets expencive.

Milanote

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Featureset and user interface.

Milanote

Reasons for Switching to Miro

It felt more professional and now it became a standard.
Amanda F
Amanda F

The best environment for productive teamwork

Reviewed on 2023/06/23

For the past two years, Miro has been an integral part of my work team. Sticky notes, customizable marker colors, drag-and-drop capabilities, and nifty visual aids like flowcharts and mind maps are just some of the features that make this platform stand out.

Pros

I appreciate how convenient it is to make and save various customer journey maps and diagrams. Though I frequently make use of this site for collaboration, I am not familiar with any of its direct rivals.

Cons

When trying to invite others to view a private board, the link doesn't always function on the first try, but other than that, I can't find anything wrong with Miro.

Cynthia
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Now I Can't Live Without It

Reviewed on 2021/09/22

The flexibility of this product is astounding. I can use it for almost every element of my daily workflow as a self-employed business consultant. I use boards to keep track of what tasks are on my plate today as well as which ones are on deck. It's cut my time putting new presentations together by half, since I can brainstorm what I want to include and organize it quickly which cuts down on the time I actually spend putting slides together. Plus, it makes workshops a snap since I can illustrate changes in real time or even invite attendees to collaborate live. I use it for marketing too - brainstorming our marketing story and persona and moving seamlessly into wireframes. I originally used it with one of my clients, but am now a subscriber myself who recommends it to everyone I know.

Pros

My favorite thing about Miro is it's flexibility. I have a hard time thinking of a business problem I want to work on where Miro isn't helpful - which is great a solo business owner. From task tracking, the brainstorming content creation, marketing, and monitoring strategic improvement (with approaches like traction) Miro is up for just about any challenge.

Cons

I'd love to see the ability to do more customized branding, to integrate our favorite fonts and use a wider palate of colors.

Yann
Yann
  • Industry: Online Media

My go-to tool for brainstorming and planning with a more visual approach

Reviewed on 2021/05/11

Pros

I have been using Miro for a while, now, and I often find myself recommend it to the people I talk to.

The overall platform principle of the infinite canvas is simply genius! You can have as many notes, projects and sketches as you please, all in the same place.

Zooming in makes sure that you can see all the key information related to a specific project, while zooming out giving you a bird's eye view on the project itself or even on a more macro level, of the infinite canvas and all the projects in it.

In particular, there are two features I like about Miro.

Firstly, there are templates. Miro has an always-growing library of templates , which speed up the process of creating a valuable resource for brainstorming, planning or streamlining something, such as a concept map, a Kanban framework, a flowchart, or a customer journey, just to mention a few.

You can simply pick a template and decide whether you want to use it blank (so its layout and "pieces of the puzzle" too) or with some actual content in it too.

Then, there's the Miro smartphone app feature of the Stickies Capture. Get ready because this may sound like pure magic!

Do you happen to have hand-written notes laying around in your office? Simply pull out your smartphone, open the Miro app and take a picture using the Stickies Capture. Miro will turn it into a digital and customizable post-it-note that will be added to your Miro canvas.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily doubt this as the thing I like the least about Miro, but I'd still like to mention it because I think it's key... and it's the ability to easily navigate all the projects you have into your Miro infinite digital canvas.

The problem is that there are so many projects you may plan or work on in a spot of a few days. Sometimes, I can get a bit tricky to easily find a specific project (or part of it) in a busy infinite canvas.

Lukas
Lukas
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

intuitive and useful software to put all my ideas in order using its tools.

Reviewed on 2023/05/29

I do not have to be have a monster whiteboard and parcels of sketchbooks, where I had a mess, with Miro everything gets to be cleaner and more minimalist, and exceptionally cheap compared to everything I got to have some time recently. Miro can too work as a individual organizer or to-do list, my part is to back diverse ventures inside the company and since venture plans tend to alter over time, so do my errands. By organizing errands with sticky notes, I can rapidly move them around my individual plan to induce a visual of what my arranged work looks like. I adore the visual instrument that Miro gives me, my organization employments Microsoft Groups and there's a plugin for Miro in Groups that I adore since it brings all my instruments together in one put.

Pros

Miro may be a monster sketchbook where you'll be able attempt perpetual conceivable outcomes to appear everybody your thoughts, I regularly utilize pictures from the web and my printed screens, and all its elements cheer me up, and I utilize the voting framework exceptionally often with my group. Miro feels like a genuine life whiteboard in that we are able all work together at the same time, we all see each other's cursors so we all see where we are in genuine time.

Cons

I've been having a few upgrade issues on the PC app, from time to time a modern version/revision of the computer program won't stack my boards/home page (SSO login). It fair goes into a few screen sharing mode and doesn't stack my sheets. The computer program will be like this for a number of days until another version is accessible, amid this time the internet interface works fine, in spite of the fact that not as well as the app, when utilizing the net interface amid app issues I have never experienced any downtime. inertia. My primary issue at to begin with is that I haven't however figured out how to gather and trade information from dashboards that conclusion up acting more like reports. Perhaps in case there was a few kind of "master" control board that would permit for more integration with something like Exceed expectations.

Anthony
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Awesome tool for teachers!!!

Reviewed on 2016/10/29

I'm a middle school teacher. I use the boards in two fashions: 1) for student collaboration, and 2) for displaying class notes, videos, distributed materials, and board writing. In my school we have a SmartBoard (aka - DumbBoard). The DumbBoard software is slow to load and wastes too much time, so the RealTimeBoard became a solution.

For student collaboration, I have and idea section and work product selection. Students can determine if the final work they upload is accessible to me or other members. They can share comments, photos, and general ideas. For classroom shared material, student can vote. I find it best to visually think of the processes and what you want the kids to create. Then create a template board. Finally, create your classes. The import of excel or google sheets lists make it incredibly easy to add student names to the boards.

For my class notes, I typically create a line across the middle of the board. Below the line is the homework section, above the line is the classwork. I create a boxes with the daily objective (Students will... in order to...) and upload the materials (view only via google docs). I can insert youtube videos and other documents (even pdfs, Microsoft docs, pictures, web pictures and websites, and charts). I create a frame around each of the lessons so that when students are absent they may view the materials. When they come in and tell me they didn't go to the site, I hand them a computer so they can visit the site. Students who are absent, getting tutored outside of class, or parents wanting to see what it is we are doing can easily access the public board, which does NOT contain any student information.

Pros

-Free for Educators to use with students
-Works extremely well with Google Suite, Microsoft 365 Business
-Great alternative to SmartBoard
-Pen feature is very smooth

Cons

-Takes some getting used to.
-Can have a Prezzi, dizzying affect
- Users need to be taught how to use

Eileen
Eileen
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Collaborative, intuitive and high-potential platform

Reviewed on 2023/05/17

Miro is an invaluable tool for optimizing collaboration and project management. Its benefits in efficiency, communication and dynamism of meetings are widely productive. I recommend Miro to any team that wants to improve their work processes and collaboration.

Pros

Miro is an exceptional platform that has perfected the way I manage projects in the office. Its intuitive and easy-to-use interface allows team members to collaborate in real time. Infinite boards and multiple drawing tools make it easy to visually organize ideas and plan projects. Miro has also been instrumental in improving meeting dynamics, thanks to its predefined templates and voting features. The mobile app allows users to participate from anywhere, which is especially useful for remote or on-the-go teams.

Cons

Despite its advantages, Miro can be costly when advanced features or many users are required. In addition, the platform can sometimes be slow to load boards with large amounts of information or visual elements.

Shannel
Shannel
  • Industry: Think Tanks

A perfect digital workspace for managing work and collaboration.

Reviewed on 2023/09/26

With an organization like ours where most of our projects are based on climate evaluation and analysis, we tend to have teams working both remotely and on site. We use Miro as a link between these teams where we get a shared workspace for us to meet digitally and collaborate on the projects. Moreso, Miro helps us to plan our project works which includes creating diagrammatic representations of the projects for easier visualization and monitoring.

Pros

It was easy for us to implement Miro in our organization. When getting started with Miro, there were alot of simply designed in-built templates which helped us to learn quickly how to maximize the abilities of Miro features. I also like how Miro flexibility allowed us to integrate it with multiple other products that were already existing in our organization. Miro offers us with the best visualization tools which makes it easy to us to visualize our projects in order to have clear understanding on how the projects are progressing. With Miro, were able to collaborate with the other teams who are working remotely without any interferences.

Cons

The intuitive user interface of Miro makes it so easy to learn the product architecture and this makes it easy to navigate through it. All the times i have used Miro, i always get a flawless experience so no complaints.

Mary

My favorite collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2023/03/21

Miro helps me run collaborative workshops, visualize important things and facilitate better decision-making. It also helps me create a shared understanding within my teams. Miro helped me keep people on the same page when it was impossible to get everybody in the same room.

Pros

Miro is very easy to use and provides great features for facilitators so that they can set up their boards easily and run meetings and workshops smoothly. I love how easy it is to set up new boards and align and cluster objects and I also like how the features are constantly being improved. The voting feature is a good example of that, it used to be challenging to use it with less experienced people but the user experience has improved a lot.

Cons

It would be great if Miro had different user groups within a team so that I could give them different permissions and then easily select the groups when creating a new project. I wish there were more colors of sticky notes or that we could set up the color the same way it's possible to do with shapes. I also wish it were possible to skip frames in presentation mode or determine which frames on the board I want to show when presenting. I wish it were possible to change the size and position of the timer and have more than one timer at the same time.

Sohaib
Sohaib
  • Industry: Market Research

Simply the best whiteboard software available

Reviewed on 2021/07/21

It's an easy to use collaborative whiteboard software. It's great for creating mindmaps, jotting down ideas or even planning. We always try to use Miro asap in any meeting rather than discussing theoretical - visualising it makes sure everyone in the team is on the same page and Miro makes it so easy to do that.

Pros

The templates are incredibly helpful. There is just so much variety and all expertly done. Saves you so much time having to think about what kind of diagram is best for the ideas you're discussing with the team. In our team now, we've started to choose Miro over a physical whiteboard.

Miro is also incredibly dynamic - you can do everything from mindmaps to wireframes. It's great to have everything in one single place.

Miro also makes sharing really easy; from team members, guests to public. It is very easy to set different permission levels and also revoke them when required. Makes sure any sensitive information isn't available for too long.

Cons

Nothing majorly. I've had a couple of hick-ups previously and the Miro team took a while to respond - there doesn't seem to be a live customer service so that would be good to have. But they're always adding new features and improving the platform. Not had any issues now for a long time.

Faruk
Faruk

Best tool for 100% remote teams for collaboration

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

We're working 100% remote in several locations. We were using Miro even before the pandemic but due to the switch to the remote working, it became a must for our tech-stack. I like the versatility and smooth user experience on this software. It replaced our physical boards, and we can do even more with this tool online, nobody misses the physical boards. When we have our meetings, Miro is always open, we also do our project discussions on Miro. We forgot about presentations since we can share our Miro project instead of wasting time on creating slides. As a manager and content producer, I use it as an individual as well. It triggers my creativity and I am very glad to have this tool in my daily workflow.

Pros

As a collaboration tool, Miro has everything. It has integration with almost everything out there, and for us, it makes a huge difference. We use it for presentation purposes, task tracking, visualization of our projects, and team communication tool. Miro is extremely easy to use. I didn't have any issues to share with the newcomers in the team, everybody loves it.

Cons

Earlier this year, I noticed some issues with the screen sharing but recently, it seems to be fixed. The pricing for additional team member is slightly high, it would be great to make it a little useful. However, if you compare with the other tools out there, still the price is sitting in the middle for me. I never really had to contact the Support so I can't comment on this.