Miro

#1 Online collaborative whiteboard platform for teams

Maisarah H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Coolaborate ideas on digital whiteboard

Reviewed on 2021/02/20

Miro has aiding us when we have a online meeting and discussion session. We have a better understanding and more easy to present our idea to our team using visual sketch and we have achieve more using this software.

Pros

Miro is very easy to access and collaborating on whiteboard with my colleague is so simple as it get. We have a online brainstorming session on the whiteboard, and everyone can pitch on idea and start adding draw it into the board in real-time.

Cons

It will take some times to get expert and familiar with all the feature and shortcut in this software. The board is saved on the platform, with minimum software are compatible to be exported to. The only option to save the board and export it to other software is by saving it to PDF.

Jonathan P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Excellent tool for workshops and Design Thinking

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

Overall great tool for remote whiteboarding and meetings. Miro is part of my Design stack along with Notion (wiki and documentation), Whimsical (flows and wireframes), and Figma. It's a great brainstorming and ideation tool to use in the beginning of the Discovery process.

Pros

- Awesome templates from the Miro team
- Great integrations with my other main tools
- Awesome design sprint and workshopper features like voting, timers, and "bring to me"
- Easy to use for external stakeholders

Cons

- $3 day pass for consultants is a weird pricing model
- Would like better grid snapping and X, Y coordinates similar to Whimsical

• Industry: Management Consulting

Terrific idea management software

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

Overall, a terrific experience that allowed our team to move ideas around in novel ways, leading to interesting new findings.

Pros

My team used Miro primarily to aggregate ideas from disparate teams we were working with. Miro served as a much needed upgrade from a shared document where ideas would get lost, never to be found again as the document grew and grew. We really appreciated how easy it was for guest users to join us, and they found the basics to be quite intuitive. We were productive within five minutes of the other teams joining.

Cons

Given the smaller scope of our project, we did not run into many issues with deploying Miro. My primary desired feature would be a more comprehensive export-to-spreadsheet option, but the logistics of developing that are no doubt challenging.

Anthony S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Awesome tool for teachers!!!

Reviewed on 2016/10/29

I'm a middle school teacher. I use the boards in two fashions: 1) for student collaboration, and 2) for displaying class notes, videos, distributed materials, and board writing. In my school we have a SmartBoard (aka - DumbBoard). The DumbBoard software is slow to load and wastes too much time, so the RealTimeBoard became a solution.

For student collaboration, I have and idea section and work product selection. Students can determine if the final work they upload is accessible to me or other members. They can share comments, photos, and general ideas. For classroom shared material, student can vote. I find it best to visually think of the processes and what you want the kids to create. Then create a template board. Finally, create your classes. The import of excel or google sheets lists make it incredibly easy to add student names to the boards.

For my class notes, I typically create a line across the middle of the board. Below the line is the homework section, above the line is the classwork. I create a boxes with the daily objective (Students will... in order to...) and upload the materials (view only via google docs). I can insert youtube videos and other documents (even pdfs, Microsoft docs, pictures, web pictures and websites, and charts). I create a frame around each of the lessons so that when students are absent they may view the materials. When they come in and tell me they didn't go to the site, I hand them a computer so they can visit the site. Students who are absent, getting tutored outside of class, or parents wanting to see what it is we are doing can easily access the public board, which does NOT contain any student information.

Pros

-Free for Educators to use with students
-Works extremely well with Google Suite, Microsoft 365 Business
-Great alternative to SmartBoard
-Pen feature is very smooth

Cons

-Takes some getting used to.
-Can have a Prezzi, dizzying affect
- Users need to be taught how to use

Matt C.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Miro is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

The experience has been awesome. We have used it to drive collaboration in conjunction with a virtual meeting tool to seamlessly whiteboard, just like we would have in a physical office space. Miro has an immense amount of flexibility and is open-ended in it's approach to being a whiteboard tool, just like you would hope. Templates offer some starting points but are easy to build on and customize. It has been no problem operating Miro with 20 users at once, jumping between multiple boards and everyone actively collaborating/creating content at the same time. It's a near-perfect physical whiteboard replacement for an increasingly virtual work world.

Pros

Miro is the BEST virtual white boarding tool. It is so easy to collaborate with colleagues using the virtual post-it notes and visual charting tools. When using Miro, I almost forget that we are virtual and I never find myself wishing we were in person. One of my favorite features is the ability to see everyone else's cursor, so I know exactly where someone is looking and contributing. It ensures no one is duplicating efforts or overwriting someone else's work. The tool is seamless and well-built for a virtual world.

Cons

The biggest downfall I've experienced is when the boards get large. Big boards lead to increased lag time, especially when trying to work with a large group of collaborators. When visuals get imported and complex charts or diagrams are used, the tool seems to get overloaded. It will sometimes even freeze for a few seconds. While these issues are generally far and few between, they are worth noting. Uploading of images also seems slow compared to other SAAS tools.

Ilija V.

Vital To How We Collaborate

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Pros

"I love realtime board. Especially all of the updates and templates that have come recently. We first started using real time board back in 2014 but stopped till just recently. The new features really make it a go to solution for our team especially since we are in two different locations and need t collaborate daily. Real-time board helps us to do that and meet our goes. "

Can use the on PC, web, mobile phone. Love all of the features and versatility. I like the large viewing area. The sticky notes and the templates that are provided are also very helpful. We started using Real-Time board instead of Microsoft One Note. Being able to see where the other members of the team are pointing to is a huge plus as well.

Cons

Wish there was pricing for a 2 man team. We are small team and 40 a month at his point would be too high. Totally worth it for a team of 5 but would like to have the option of a small team like 2-3 people.

Suhaila S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Manage idea with Miro

Reviewed on 2021/04/20

I mainly use it for the digital whiteboard to help me gives a better idea presentation to my team. Overall, i really love to use it daily with my team.

Pros

I really like working with the digital whiteboard as it help me to express my ideas in visual presentation and people can understand it more easily with the visual presentation. Collaborating on idea is the best to be done with this software.

Cons

A training is a must with this software, as some of the feature is not easily to be mastered on how they are working and what the tool can do. After all, it is only a little set back compared to the benefit that i receive.

Peter P.

Power up your professional life and store your mind in the cloud

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Structure your thoughts, insights, user research, designs, mockups and entire project design process. There's a ton of 'power ups' add ons that let you customise Miro for your usage.

Pros

It's super flexible, fairly easy to use once you get into the set up of the application. It's a great way to gather all your thoughts and later structure them if you need it in a more presentable format. I rarely do Google slides presentations anymore, because Miro is a better work tool, and it doubles down as a presentation tool as well.

Cons

It's a business tool, but the boundaries between what a professional does within the business and personally become less and less apart. As example I've kept a board to gather all my knowledge of my trade, and thus I would like this to become my own board. You can sign up multiple accounts but there's no easy switching between them on the desktop application.

The tool I have been waiting for for 30+ years

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

A ton of benefits - it's allowed me to plan with a bigger grasp of the big picture while being able to capture all the details when needed. I've ditched 2 or 3 other productivity tools (to do tools, tasking tools, tracking tools) because RTB does it all and does it better. LOVE. IT.

Pros

Incredible, unbelievable flexibility that can finally keep up with my mind and my team! A wide open space with no precepts to interfere with rapid ideation, solutioning, organizing - anything we need. AWESOME! The UX has been incredibly well thought out. It has nailed keyboard shortcuts, mouse control, tablet....the UX auto adjusts to your input method and NOTIFIES you that it does so. Unreal. All the tools work as you expect, every detail has been thought out, every rough edge and interruption to FLOW has been removed. I can't emphasize enough how smooth the flow is and the fact that I have had ZERO "wtf are you doing?!" moments using the tool - rare for me because I am exceptionally demanding and impatient with my tools. One of the best software products I've used in years. Thanks guys.

Cons

If I switch away from an RTB tab then later switch back, the long load time is kind of a drag :( Not a huge deal but it would be nice if it was fixed - the gap really interrupts thought process and flow during fast moving sessions. Not sure it's resolvable, but it would be nice :)

Gerald S.
  • Industry: Design
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Miro As a Virtual Lobby

Reviewed on 2021/04/23

I absolutely love using Miro. It has been such an easy experience and a valuable substitute to physical boards as a design student. I enjoy that it is on the web so we can access it anytime anywhere. The navigation of the board is also super easy and pretty straightforward, so people without experience can easily understand how the features work. I do wish the they have a better way of allowing users to communicate with each other since it is a collaboration platform, but overall, Wonderful!

Pros

As a graphic design student, all of our work is visual and requires us to see things as a whole. Miro board has enabled us to easily upload our projects for everyone in class to see. I love that it is so free hand and real time that it feels as if we were doing this physically. It also results in a good progress being seen throughout and that is is accessible to all anywhere.

Cons

Every time we use Miro we have to use it in tandem with a video conferencing software, so this might be a major comment but I feel like the communication amongst the users could have some more functionality. I often find myself communicating with peers through the virtual post its which are so unconventional and impractical. I would appreciate a more clear and organized means of communication. Also, it would be nice to have readily available templates for quick use.

Michael A.
  • Industry: Design

It's currently the best on the market!

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Miro is simply an interactive virtual white board! But you can do SO MUCH with it. From journeys to analysis to creating workshop templates. You can do whatever's in your head. And you can do it quicker and easier than anything else out there.

Seriously stop reading this and try the free version, you'll see!

Pros

It's super easy to use, and really quick to pick up. It makes doing this type of work effortless and in a fraction of the time. Also you can collaborate within seconds.

Cons

The pricing model is a bit squiffy and not easy to understand.
When you start an account it's confusing that it's not YOUR board but a team board, this has tripped me up a few times.
On the free version the pdf export functionality is so bad it would be better not to offer it all. NO experience is better than a bad experience.
(NOTE all these pale in comparison to how good the product is though!!!)

Lorna M.

An office space that looks like my brain

Reviewed on 2021/04/15

Very exceiting and inspiring to be part of a large group working the board. I could only sit on a sticky and marvel. Very instructive.

Pros

I love being able to have whole projects mapped out, that can then be shared with others and collaborated on instantly. I love the scale - each board at least as capacious as the largest boardroom table, or sticky wall. And I love having access to everything, for reference, tinkering, or as a presentation aide, on me, on my phone. lastly, as an ADD creative type, it's all in one place, laid out to a visual spec. Wonderful.

Cons

I haven't found any problems yet, I'm confident that with the tutorials there will be few.

Walid E.

The best collaboration tool ever

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

I would work for free to keep this company flourishing

Pros

Realtime board team made the tool so simple and convenient that you would never feel the barrier of using a software. It's like you literally writing on a board. Only difference...it's much better and convenient. They come up with valuable features everyday. Impressive team!

Cons

I really don't see any. I've tried many other alternatives and Realtime board is way head of every one

Yoel B.

Virtual Whiteboard for Virtual Team Collaboration

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Pros

Ease of Use - the team members with whom I collaborate online using Realtimeboard are not necessarily the most computer literate. Yet of all the online web services we use to accomplish our virtual team collaborative tasks, these same individuals have the least problem mastering Realtimeboard. That says it all!
Integration - the recent integration that delivers messages on updates to a board directly to the Slack discussion forum associated with that board means team members can stay focused in the team collaboration environment (Slack) and don't need to jump around from website to website to see what is happening.

Cons

As a facilitator on online courses which have a short duration of ten to thirteen weeks, the obvious necessity of a paid account for more than three participants is an obvious shortcoming. The service *is* worth the fee demanded and the price *is* competitive, but obviously, many of the first time users are not business people. Realtmeboard should rethink their Trial package for special circumstances like ours.

Sarah N.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Will bring any virtual team meeting to the next level

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

Pros

Miro is an amazing option for teams looking for ways to enhance brainstorming, workshops, meetings, and pretty much anything you'd do as a group virtually. It's a ton of fun, but also has amazing functionality for really structuring a meeting or activity. It has specific functions for facilitators so that they can control the flow of their activity. The templates are also an amazing feature that take the work out of setting up an activity and can even be a good source of inspiration if you're out of interesting meeting ideas.

Cons

The only minus to this tool is that some of my older colleagues have found it very hard to use. I think this had more to do with the fact that our team had been using it for very word-heavy activities, and if you have too many words taking up your Miro board things can become hard to read.

Paulina R.
  • Industry: International Affairs

Great app

Reviewed on 2021/04/15

I think it’s great, it can let you make mind maps easily, they are good looking and you can choose how to download the information it contains (even in excel)

Pros

You can easily make boards and organize your ideas with existing templates, the templates are colorful and can catch your attention when sharing

Cons

Sometimes when I export boards in PDF their quality lowers

Tyrone W.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Realtimeboard is an awesome collaborative whiteboard

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

I use realtimeboard to tutor my clients remotely. It works great. There are a lot of features. I really like the fact that I can upload images directly from my google drive.

Cons

I currently have a FREE educator account, however I feel that the monthly payment is for the paid service are a little pricey. Also, there is not a wipe board action button so you physically have to erase the board "by hand"

Gurjit V.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great for virtual training

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

Pros

I give virtual training sessions every week and having played around with a few app's I have settled with Miro. It's a delight to use, very straight-forward, intuitive and does not try to be overly-helpful (remembering the paperclip in Word).
It's great for me - but it's a bonus for my students - where using this app gives the next best thing to being in a class room and using a white-board.

Cons

I'd like it to remember my preferences each time I create a new white-board.
Zoomed to 125%
Font size 18

Theresa K.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Miro

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Yet another online productivity app in a brave new world filled with them as we scramble to figure out a solution. It's certainly very snazzy-looking, but ultimately too many bells and whistles, not enough functionality.

Pros

Getting signed up was easy, and the promise of real-time collaboration with multiple users in a format that flows more easily than a blank word processing document is exciting.

Cons

Learning the process is far too cumbersome. Too many elements, don't know where to look first, and endless pop-ups that do more to distract and overwhelm than help. Easier to just close the window and go back to scribbling notes in Google Drive...

Scott C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Powerful software, highly recommended

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

The tools for creating flow charts, mind maps, and high-level visual overviews are unparalleled.

Pros

RealtimeBoard is truly the only 'infinite white board' out there, it gives you a blank canvas to create, present, and share ideas however fits best for you and your business. They add new features all the time and keep making it EASIER to use, which is a rare combination.

Cons

The options for export could be more robust, but honestly we prefer to keep most things inside of RealtimeBoard anyway.

Saheed A.
  • Industry: Research

Miro - The Best Software for Visual Communication

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Miro software is an engaging virtual and visual board that allows for a single view of events which beyond formats, tools and notification allowing the user to have a top-down view of the project they are working on. Miro software enables the user to access the digital board at any time to view the status of files to be updated.

Pros

Miro is a visual collaboration tool that allows teams to visualise tasks, questions and discussion realtime online. It is not just an engaging software among users, but it also allows for a productive remote brainstorming session where ideas flow freely and cross-pollinated.

Cons

The visual representation of ideas on sticky notes with different colours visually could be confusing at first, navigating through and responding too could be difficult for a novice on the Miro visual software board.

Mark H.

It is very rare that a software product receives unanimous praise within our company but RTB...

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

Excellent for sharing documents and adding comments.
Easy to loop additional people in at any time.
Creates a record of discussions that can be easily referenced.

Cons

I would like an easier way to respond to comments involving multiple people without having to tag each person.

AMAZING for collaborative ideation

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

Love this for collaborating. I use this not only in the workspace but my personal life with goals and organization. VERY simple and easy to understand out of the box. Can literally use from the second you get on. Easy to share and collaborate ideas which keeps transparency across any team. The no boundaries approach allows your mind to really think freely in the early idea stages of any team work. REALLY love this product!

Pros

It's free. Super easy to use out of the box. Collaborative ability with the whole team being able to jump on a board. The approach to the ideation process here is really enabling with no defined boundaries or limitations. Has most of the capability of LucidChart without having to have everyone on the team or invited to the board signed up for an acct.

Cons

Only thing that is missing is a little more in the template dept.

A very simple collaboration tool.

Reviewed on 2019/10/26

Besides the UI problem, it is a very useful tool for making a quick mind map or flowchart.
This is just one feature that I am using and I think these have a lot of features needed to be testing.

Pros

I needed a mind map or flow chart for my study material and found miro is very useful for this purpose.
I like their template system bu I have to build my material from scratch, which is fine as it works normally.
The software is web-based so no more installation on my work pc and no one can see my personal project. This helps me to protect my data from stolen and no need to make a backup as it is stored in a secure location.

Cons

It is not a good experience for a small screen. I use a regular 768p display which if I open options it just gets so much waste space in left.

Craig B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great for ensuring collaborative team engagment from remote workers

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

We use realtimeboard to present a visual measures board to team members desktops, this application allows our staff to interact, upload and comment on posted material ensuring the whole team is engaged.

Pros

This product is really easy to use, has had a load of ongoing development and developer are really keen to take on suggestions.

Cons

This has worked really well for our purposes and support is really quick to follow up with any queries