4,8
4,5
Anthony S.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Awesome tool for teachers!!!

Reviewed on 2016/10/29

I'm a middle school teacher. I use the boards in two fashions: 1) for student collaboration, and 2) for displaying class notes, videos, distributed materials, and board writing. In my school we have a SmartBoard (aka - DumbBoard). The DumbBoard software is slow to load and wastes too much time, so the RealTimeBoard became a solution.

For student collaboration, I have and idea section and work product selection. Students can determine if the final work they upload is accessible to me or other members. They can share comments, photos, and general ideas. For classroom shared material, student can vote. I find it best to visually think of the processes and what you want the kids to create. Then create a template board. Finally, create your classes. The import of excel or google sheets lists make it incredibly easy to add student names to the boards.

For my class notes, I typically create a line across the middle of the board. Below the line is the homework section, above the line is the classwork. I create a boxes with the daily objective (Students will... in order to...) and upload the materials (view only via google docs). I can insert youtube videos and other documents (even pdfs, Microsoft docs, pictures, web pictures and websites, and charts). I create a frame around each of the lessons so that when students are absent they may view the materials. When they come in and tell me they didn't go to the site, I hand them a computer so they can visit the site. Students who are absent, getting tutored outside of class, or parents wanting to see what it is we are doing can easily access the public board, which does NOT contain any student information.

Pros

-Free for Educators to use with students
-Works extremely well with Google Suite, Microsoft 365 Business
-Great alternative to SmartBoard
-Pen feature is very smooth

Cons

-Takes some getting used to.
-Can have a Prezzi, dizzying affect
- Users need to be taught how to use

Jonathan P.
Industry: Hospitality

Excellent tool for workshops and Design Thinking

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

Overall great tool for remote whiteboarding and meetings. Miro is part of my Design stack along with Notion (wiki and documentation), Whimsical (flows and wireframes), and Figma. It's a great brainstorming and ideation tool to use in the beginning of the Discovery process.

Pros

- Awesome templates from the Miro team
- Great integrations with my other main tools
- Awesome design sprint and workshopper features like voting, timers, and "bring to me"
- Easy to use for external stakeholders

Cons

- $3 day pass for consultants is a weird pricing model
- Would like better grid snapping and X, Y coordinates similar to Whimsical

Matt C.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Miro is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

The experience has been awesome. We have used it to drive collaboration in conjunction with a virtual meeting tool to seamlessly whiteboard, just like we would have in a physical office space. Miro has an immense amount of flexibility and is open-ended in it's approach to being a whiteboard tool, just like you would hope. Templates offer some starting points but are easy to build on and customize. It has been no problem operating Miro with 20 users at once, jumping between multiple boards and everyone actively collaborating/creating content at the same time. It's a near-perfect physical whiteboard replacement for an increasingly virtual work world.

Pros

Miro is the BEST virtual white boarding tool. It is so easy to collaborate with colleagues using the virtual post-it notes and visual charting tools. When using Miro, I almost forget that we are virtual and I never find myself wishing we were in person. One of my favorite features is the ability to see everyone else's cursor, so I know exactly where someone is looking and contributing. It ensures no one is duplicating efforts or overwriting someone else's work. The tool is seamless and well-built for a virtual world.

Cons

The biggest downfall I've experienced is when the boards get large. Big boards lead to increased lag time, especially when trying to work with a large group of collaborators. When visuals get imported and complex charts or diagrams are used, the tool seems to get overloaded. It will sometimes even freeze for a few seconds. While these issues are generally far and few between, they are worth noting. Uploading of images also seems slow compared to other SAAS tools.

Ilija V.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Vital To How We Collaborate

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Pros

"I love realtime board. Especially all of the updates and templates that have come recently. We first started using real time board back in 2014 but stopped till just recently. The new features really make it a go to solution for our team especially since we are in two different locations and need t collaborate daily. Real-time board helps us to do that and meet our goes. "

Can use the on PC, web, mobile phone. Love all of the features and versatility. I like the large viewing area. The sticky notes and the templates that are provided are also very helpful. We started using Real-Time board instead of Microsoft One Note. Being able to see where the other members of the team are pointing to is a huge plus as well.

Cons

Wish there was pricing for a 2 man team. We are small team and 40 a month at his point would be too high. Totally worth it for a team of 5 but would like to have the option of a small team like 2-3 people.

Peter P.
Industry: Computer Software

Power up your professional life and store your mind in the cloud

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Structure your thoughts, insights, user research, designs, mockups and entire project design process. There's a ton of 'power ups' add ons that let you customise Miro for your usage.

Pros

It's super flexible, fairly easy to use once you get into the set up of the application. It's a great way to gather all your thoughts and later structure them if you need it in a more presentable format. I rarely do Google slides presentations anymore, because Miro is a better work tool, and it doubles down as a presentation tool as well.

Cons

It's a business tool, but the boundaries between what a professional does within the business and personally become less and less apart. As example I've kept a board to gather all my knowledge of my trade, and thus I would like this to become my own board. You can sign up multiple accounts but there's no easy switching between them on the desktop application.

Industry: Internet

The tool I have been waiting for for 30+ years

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

A ton of benefits - it's allowed me to plan with a bigger grasp of the big picture while being able to capture all the details when needed. I've ditched 2 or 3 other productivity tools (to do tools, tasking tools, tracking tools) because RTB does it all and does it better. LOVE. IT.

Pros

Incredible, unbelievable flexibility that can finally keep up with my mind and my team! A wide open space with no precepts to interfere with rapid ideation, solutioning, organizing - anything we need. AWESOME! The UX has been incredibly well thought out. It has nailed keyboard shortcuts, mouse control, tablet....the UX auto adjusts to your input method and NOTIFIES you that it does so. Unreal. All the tools work as you expect, every detail has been thought out, every rough edge and interruption to FLOW has been removed. I can't emphasize enough how smooth the flow is and the fact that I have had ZERO "wtf are you doing?!" moments using the tool - rare for me because I am exceptionally demanding and impatient with my tools. One of the best software products I've used in years. Thanks guys.

Cons

If I switch away from an RTB tab then later switch back, the long load time is kind of a drag :( Not a huge deal but it would be nice if it was fixed - the gap really interrupts thought process and flow during fast moving sessions. Not sure it's resolvable, but it would be nice :)

Michael A.
Industry: Design

It's currently the best on the market!

Reviewed on 2019/06/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Miro is simply an interactive virtual white board! But you can do SO MUCH with it. From journeys to analysis to creating workshop templates. You can do whatever's in your head. And you can do it quicker and easier than anything else out there.

Seriously stop reading this and try the free version, you'll see!

Pros

It's super easy to use, and really quick to pick up. It makes doing this type of work effortless and in a fraction of the time. Also you can collaborate within seconds.

Cons

The pricing model is a bit squiffy and not easy to understand.
When you start an account it's confusing that it's not YOUR board but a team board, this has tripped me up a few times.
On the free version the pdf export functionality is so bad it would be better not to offer it all. NO experience is better than a bad experience.
(NOTE all these pale in comparison to how good the product is though!!!)

Walid E.

The best collaboration tool ever

Reviewed on 2018/12/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I would work for free to keep this company flourishing

Pros

Realtime board team made the tool so simple and convenient that you would never feel the barrier of using a software. It's like you literally writing on a board. Only difference...it's much better and convenient. They come up with valuable features everyday. Impressive team!

Cons

I really don't see any. I've tried many other alternatives and Realtime board is way head of every one

Yoel B.

Virtual Whiteboard for Virtual Team Collaboration

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Pros

Ease of Use - the team members with whom I collaborate online using Realtimeboard are not necessarily the most computer literate. Yet of all the online web services we use to accomplish our virtual team collaborative tasks, these same individuals have the least problem mastering Realtimeboard. That says it all!
Integration - the recent integration that delivers messages on updates to a board directly to the Slack discussion forum associated with that board means team members can stay focused in the team collaboration environment (Slack) and don't need to jump around from website to website to see what is happening.

Cons

As a facilitator on online courses which have a short duration of ten to thirteen weeks, the obvious necessity of a paid account for more than three participants is an obvious shortcoming. The service *is* worth the fee demanded and the price *is* competitive, but obviously, many of the first time users are not business people. Realtmeboard should rethink their Trial package for special circumstances like ours.

Sarah N.
Industry: Management Consulting

Will bring any virtual team meeting to the next level

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

Pros

Miro is an amazing option for teams looking for ways to enhance brainstorming, workshops, meetings, and pretty much anything you'd do as a group virtually. It's a ton of fun, but also has amazing functionality for really structuring a meeting or activity. It has specific functions for facilitators so that they can control the flow of their activity. The templates are also an amazing feature that take the work out of setting up an activity and can even be a good source of inspiration if you're out of interesting meeting ideas.

Cons

The only minus to this tool is that some of my older colleagues have found it very hard to use. I think this had more to do with the fact that our team had been using it for very word-heavy activities, and if you have too many words taking up your Miro board things can become hard to read.

Tyrone W.
Industry: Higher Education

Realtimeboard is an awesome collaborative whiteboard

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

I use realtimeboard to tutor my clients remotely. It works great. There are a lot of features. I really like the fact that I can upload images directly from my google drive.

Cons

I currently have a FREE educator account, however I feel that the monthly payment is for the paid service are a little pricey. Also, there is not a wipe board action button so you physically have to erase the board "by hand"

Gurjit V.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great for virtual training

Reviewed on 2019/06/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I give virtual training sessions every week and having played around with a few app's I have settled with Miro. It's a delight to use, very straight-forward, intuitive and does not try to be overly-helpful (remembering the paperclip in Word).
It's great for me - but it's a bonus for my students - where using this app gives the next best thing to being in a class room and using a white-board.

Cons

I'd like it to remember my preferences each time I create a new white-board.
Zoomed to 125%
Font size 18

Theresa K.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Miro

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Yet another online productivity app in a brave new world filled with them as we scramble to figure out a solution. It's certainly very snazzy-looking, but ultimately too many bells and whistles, not enough functionality.

Pros

Getting signed up was easy, and the promise of real-time collaboration with multiple users in a format that flows more easily than a blank word processing document is exciting.

Cons

Learning the process is far too cumbersome. Too many elements, don't know where to look first, and endless pop-ups that do more to distract and overwhelm than help. Easier to just close the window and go back to scribbling notes in Google Drive...

Scott C.
Industry: Hospitality

Powerful software, highly recommended

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

The tools for creating flow charts, mind maps, and high-level visual overviews are unparalleled.

Pros

RealtimeBoard is truly the only 'infinite white board' out there, it gives you a blank canvas to create, present, and share ideas however fits best for you and your business. They add new features all the time and keep making it EASIER to use, which is a rare combination.

Cons

The options for export could be more robust, but honestly we prefer to keep most things inside of RealtimeBoard anyway.

Mark H.

It is very rare that a software product receives unanimous praise within our company but RTB does.

Reviewed on 2019/02/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Excellent for sharing documents and adding comments.
Easy to loop additional people in at any time.
Creates a record of discussions that can be easily referenced.

Cons

I would like an easier way to respond to comments involving multiple people without having to tag each person.

Industry: Internet

AMAZING for collaborative ideation

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

Love this for collaborating. I use this not only in the workspace but my personal life with goals and organization. VERY simple and easy to understand out of the box. Can literally use from the second you get on. Easy to share and collaborate ideas which keeps transparency across any team. The no boundaries approach allows your mind to really think freely in the early idea stages of any team work. REALLY love this product!

Pros

It's free. Super easy to use out of the box. Collaborative ability with the whole team being able to jump on a board. The approach to the ideation process here is really enabling with no defined boundaries or limitations. Has most of the capability of LucidChart without having to have everyone on the team or invited to the board signed up for an acct.

Cons

Only thing that is missing is a little more in the template dept.

Industry: Education Management

A very simple collaboration tool.

Reviewed on 2019/10/26

Besides the UI problem, it is a very useful tool for making a quick mind map or flowchart.
This is just one feature that I am using and I think these have a lot of features needed to be testing.

Pros

I needed a mind map or flow chart for my study material and found miro is very useful for this purpose.
I like their template system bu I have to build my material from scratch, which is fine as it works normally.
The software is web-based so no more installation on my work pc and no one can see my personal project. This helps me to protect my data from stolen and no need to make a backup as it is stored in a secure location.

Cons

It is not a good experience for a small screen. I use a regular 768p display which if I open options it just gets so much waste space in left.

Mike L.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

All that and more

Reviewed on 2019/02/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Realtime Board is one-of-a-kind. As a collaborative creativity tool, it's intuitive, versatile and fun to use. Keep it up.

Cons

I'm hard pressed to find 'cons' with Realtime Board, but I promise to share feedback if something arises.

Maria I.

High quality tool with amazing UX

Reviewed on 2019/01/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love the tool, actually I use it not only to create boards for myself but also I get inspiration on how to organize stuff from their templates. I rely a lot on online collaboration tools in my work and so far this is on top.

Cons

Could not find any, really. As I am not a designer I could need many more templates, but I understand that is a feature to pay for.

Craig B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great for ensuring collaborative team engagment from remote workers

Reviewed on 2018/08/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We use realtimeboard to present a visual measures board to team members desktops, this application allows our staff to interact, upload and comment on posted material ensuring the whole team is engaged.

Pros

This product is really easy to use, has had a load of ongoing development and developer are really keen to take on suggestions.

Cons

This has worked really well for our purposes and support is really quick to follow up with any queries

Mary R.

Intuitive, Easy to Use Collaboration Software

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/12/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This is leaps and bounds ahead from collaborating on Google Docs and the increase in productivity is well worth the price.

Pros

Low-friction interface for remote teams make it easy to get started immediately with collaborating on brainstorms and large-canvas activities. Full-featured interface and fluid navigation experience allows you to focus on the work you're collaborating on.

Cons

A while ago there were issues with navigation if RealTimeBoard defaults to wrong navigation mode for your setup (mouse vs. keyboard); they have since fixed this by automatically detecting whether you are using a mouse or a trackpad and applying the optimal navigation mode.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good online collaboration tool for more technically inclined people

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/11/17

As a design manager, we need a place to store ideas and think free form. In the analogue world, this would often be a whiteboard/wall. But especially since Covid, we need another way of doing this and Miro is our solution.
There are many templates which are helpful, however they can be tricky to use and you can inadvertantly end up messing up background objects, or making it messy looking, or just going with a basic text boxes and sticky notes. Need the ability to create a form field like component where people can enter text without knowing the difference between view vs edit modes.

Pros

Unlimited canvas, ability to view, edit collaborative whiteboards in the browser, reasonable set of templates for usage

Cons

Miro is good for technically inclined users, however for those who are less web savvy, or less tech savvy it can be a struggle. I've watched people click and move things in the wrong places, edit the wrong areas, or generally mess up a board. No integration with wider ecosystem eg Microsoft/Google suite of tools

Ronald C.
Industry: Utilities
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Essential tool for online workshops

Reviewed on 2020/12/28

Easy to use, costomizable and regularly updated with new features. This software is essential for any professional who has to organize online cooperative events and workshops.

Pros

Now everyone is working at home tools like Miro have become essential when you want to organize an event or workshop. And Miro is one of the best. It's easy to use but still feature rich and customizable. You can use it for simple workshops or long term cooperative projects. I can't believe I used to work without it!

Cons

There's not much to dislike here. Even the free version of Miro offers amazing functionality. Literally the only thing I can think of is that you can't pay for it without a credit card, which is a pain for me.

Industry: Computer Software

Super versatile tool for remote teams

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Overall it's been great for roadmapping, planning, designing, and gathering feedback. It's been mostly positive.

Pros

I love the templates that allow you to spin up a board in seconds and have a great platform to begin from. The collaborative visibility that you have of seeing everyones mouses is brilliant. I have seen some teams do some really cool stuff with this tool.

Cons

It can be a bit of a learning curve for those who don't use the tool everyday. I've run into some issues in sessions that I've facilitated where people were getting hung up on how to move things around/edit that inhibited the productivity of the session.

Daniel D.

Exceptional real-time collaboration software

Reviewed on 2018/12/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Working for a 100% remote company RealtimeBoard allows us to communicate on topics we would usually use a whiteboard or pen and paper to do in person.

Pros

The product is easy to use and get started and allows you to use it how you like. We have used it for a number of different things from planning out projects, reviewing wireframes and designs, retrospectives, planning sessions, design sprints and more. There are so many useful features to support collaboration.

Cons

Given the product is web based sometimes it can be a little slow to load large numbers of objects, especially over mobile connections.