Showing 153 reviews of 127

Showing 153 reviews of 127
Tina S.

Save Time with Handshake

Reviewed on 2015/08/10

We provided our 65 sales reps with iPad back in 2010 and wanted to utilize it to it's full extent with apps that saved the sales reps time and saved us money. Handshake accomplished both of those. Back then- sales reps were handwriting order forms and faxing them to our customer service dept. Then we had 4 people in our home office manually entering those orders! That is so much wasted time on both sides and there was a lot of room for error. With Handshake- our sales reps can easily find the product, show the images to their account, and place the order within a few minutes. Then the order is sent directly into our system- no more manual data entry. Time saved by the sales rep- 1-2 hours each day, which means they could see an extra customer during the day (and make another sale!) or not have to work at night. Time saved by the home office 4-5 hours per day. Now 2 of those 4 people in our home office have been moved to other open positions in the department, saving us money that would have been spent hiring someone new. Overall the experience with Handshake has been exceptional. It's a great product, easy to use and very efficient. We now have over 200 sales reps internationally that have been using Handshake for almost 4 years and they love it!

Pros

Great customer service, very knowledgeable and courteous. They have a great team at Handshake- from the CEO to the Customer Support Specialists. There are no regrets with choosing Handshake for our sales rep ordering tool.

Cons

Just keep doing what you are doing Handshake!

Laurel H.

My Favorite Business App

Reviewed on 2015/08/11

I'm an independent sales rep with multiple lines and have been using Handshake for over 3 years. This app never disappoints and has worked seamlessly on the road and at trade shows. I even use it when customers phone in an order, it is that easy and fast to use. And then with a couple clicks I can send it right on to my manufacturer and a copy to the customer. No more homework at the end of a long day! Set up is easy, and updating pricing and adding new product takes no time at all. The Handshake customer service team has been quick to answer my questions and they have an excellent understanding of what tools a rep needs to get the job done.

Pros

Handshake has made order writing fun, for me and my customer. I have multiple lines at my fingertips with images, pricing and product details. The search feature works quickly and with 15,000+ sku's that's important! I could go on but I think the five stars I gave in every category speaks for itself.

Meagan D.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Using Handshake at Tradeshows

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

In our business, we do trade shows with sales teams and then we also do trade shows without sales teams. When we do the shows on our own, we need our own ordering software. Handshake was perfect for what we were doing and very affordable. It is refreshing to have a system like this available to small businesses.

Pros

The ease of use and modern interface are great! Adding customers, accepting payment, printing order copies was all very easy with Handshake. The ability to pay for the service in small time periods was very accommodating to our business. Other services required longer contracts, were more expensive, and less user friendly.

Cons

Since it was not our main ordering software, we were not able to use all of the features to our highest advantage. That is not really a fault of Handshake, however.

William W.

Happy Rep agency

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

I have been using Handshake for over 5 years and it’s helped me grow my business from one rep to 10. We sell products for 16 different manufactures and it’s has become my teams sales catalog. Can’t see doing outside sales any other way.

Pros

Simplicity of order entry for my reps in the field and the ease of updating multiple lines.

Cons

It not available for other platforms like android or windows. Price breaks do not add up when a product has multiple variants.

Alan R.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Handshake is a Small Business’s Best Friend

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Handshake really simplifies my order processing experience. Both at trade shows and in the studio, Handshake adds a level of professionalism in the appearance and clarity of the order and shipping-related documents we create. And the customer service team at Handshake is great to work with and very responsive to even our most trivial questions.

Pros

Handshake software is easy to use and makes order-taking and acknowledgement a snap - particularly in busy trade show environments. Product lists are easy to load and update. While I don’t use it yet, I’m excited at the prospect of using the invoicing function as well

Cons

It would be nice to be able to update the product list on my iPad as well as on my laptop

Emily T.

Dependable, Effective, User friendly

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Every customer now receives a well written, organized packing slip and invoice. Each order gets taken to the back for other workers to start pulling it and now there is less waiting time since there is hardly any confusion.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to use, I love the simple format and it makes my job a lot more easier and organized.

Cons

I don't like how sometimes it will crash..Although it always comes back with the option to go back to the order you were working on. There's not much else to say!

• Industry: Public Safety

GreatProduct

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Easy to use as long as it is only on one devise. I use to have it both on my iPad and iPhone but they could not since correctly.

Pros

Easy to use to send packing list or quotes to customers.

Cons

It would be nice to have a sub category. In other words having location 1 with a list of product and then location 2 etc.

• Industry: Higher Education

Handshake for Career Services

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

We use this software to post jobs for our students and alumni at the undergraduate and graduate level. We also use this for all career services related events to be communicated to our students and employers.

Pros

The intuitive nature of the design, how it mirrors facebook/linkedin, that it makes job searching easily social.

Cons

It would be nice if you could automatically accept any employer with above a specific trust score as it would save time approving each employer.

Melanie E.

Overall very good

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

Ease of use, inventory is updated with each sync, ability to use bluetooth scanner, reports are easy to run

Cons

Seems like the program "freezes" on occasion, unable to open an existing order. Only retains orders for approx. 60 days

Ann K.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Handshake Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Overall I have had no issues. When I needed something changed, updated or have had an issue it has always been addressed right away.

Pros

Easy to use when in front of customers.

Cons

Sometimes you have to go in an force it to sync.

Nina N.

Easy and clean

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

Pros

Easy to navigate. Love that you can attach photos of your products.
Syncs into our order software quickly!

Cons

No order tracking. When there is an issue and you email support, they only have data for up to 5 days then all the information disappears so it is hard to solve a system issue.

Brock J.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Easy to Use Ordering System

Great- very helpful

Pros

The ordering features and functions and being able to see how much a customer spends on product.

Cons

Sometimes goes down and won’t sync properly. Issues with credit cards getting pulled to our back end.

Rolf P.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Using at trade shows, changed from clipboards to Handshake, best move.

Reviewed on 2017/11/24

Pros

Quick to select the items, easy to read, clean lay-out, all info at our fingertips. The training time to get new staff up to speed is amazingly short,

Cons

We used to subscribe monthly, to cover our trade shows. Now we have to scbscribe yearly, a big increase at cost. We are in thebprocess of implementing an ERP system, that will enhance our ability to have up to date info on the exhibition floor, we may or may not continue to use Handshake.

Amanda B.

Super practical!

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Pros

Its a super easy B2B platform, good for small businesses! Also has a great customer service.

Cons

It could take some time to upload information but its not a big deal.

Brian B.

Great B2B portal

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

Easy to take show and phone orders. We use it daily.

Cons

Would like to be able to add products on the site, not just in bulk upload.

William R.

Great product

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Easy order entry by me or customers makes life much better.

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to guide customers through set up and use. Able to train on set up and use in less than 20 minutes.

Cons

No Android application that works and not crashing all the time. Should not have to use tablet or PC to work with customers.

Kimberly M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Eliminates the handwritten order mistakes

Reviewed on 2015/08/10

We are still discovering the bonuses of this system. Working with the tutorials and finding a great Customer Service Rep that I can email on an on going basis has been useful. We have not invited all of our accounts to the system, but those that have, are finding it to be very easy to use.

Pros

Eliminates the handwritten order mistakes, with inventory updates the customer knows right away if the goods are available

Cons

It took a little while to get a good groove with a customer service rep. Having to understand that an email is your only contact, no phone number to pick up and call a specific person, that understands your needs. Email now working (Faisal is awesome!!), just took time to find my perfect match ;)

Sydney P.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Best trade show app I've used yet

Reviewed on 2015/08/04

For the cost & export ability to Quickbooks, Handshake packs a punch. I've used many different handheld apps to write orders during trade shows electronically - more times than not the issue is that you end up keying them in manually when back in the office. Handshake allowed us to speed up our processing time, now instead of a customer being invoiced 1-1.5 weeks after the show, when they say they want it "ASAP", we can invoice them within the hour and ship them the next day. Over all, the app is very well laid out, user friendly and customer service has always been great.

Pros

exporting, user friendly, cost

Dj C.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Need a job? Get handshake!

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

Overall, Handshake has made my job search for a summer internship much easier and I have several positions lined up!

Pros

Handshake has made searching and applying for jobs simple and almost fun! Looking through different filters to match my criteria and the ability to "favorite" jobs to apply to later really is useful!

Cons

Not a dislike, but there is room for improvement. The ease of using the software could be made a little better seems a little "clunky" at times. Also allowing for more filters would be very useful.

Ken R.

Easy and effective order entry system

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Pros

Easy entering and customers get an email copy instantly. Also has nice picture of each styles order

Cons

its hard to set code same items in different size ranges individually. Also sometimes goes offline

Shanna H.

Extremely satisfied with the Handshake site

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Pros

I love the user-friendly navigation of the site, to be able to get to everything I need for myself and my customers

Tiffany R.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy to use and super helpful!

Reviewed on 2019/02/10

Benefits are that it can help you apply to 3x the number of jobs in half the time it would take you to search on your own!

Pros

Handshake is easy to use and can help anyone in finding what they are looking for! The software personalizes elements and helps users in applying for jobs quickly.

Cons

Sometimes put jobs that are irreverent to search in the search, they might have a slight relevance but usually do not.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great way to find your next hire

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Pros

The software had many different outlets to find the necessary people for your organization.

Cons

Engagement was somewhat low for some of our posts, but others had decent responses.

Kris C.
  • Industry: Veterinary
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Handshake review

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

It was alright. It is a new platform I was unaware of but a useful one to help recruit new employees.

Pros

I was able to quickly apply for an account to post a job my employer has. It was easy to locate the application.

Cons

Too many questions without adequate explanations. I was confused as to if I needed to fill a box out or if my answer was the correct on to post the job.

Cathy B.

Pretty neat to find info!

Reviewed on 2019/07/04

Pros

Able to search for specific happenings and register for them right on handshake.

Cons

I had trouble finding a specific link I was looking for to register with someone for an event. They sent it to me via email then I was able to open it up on handshake and register.