9 174 reviews

Microsoft OneDrive

Secure access, sharing & file storage

4,3
4,2
9 174 reviews
Max P.
Industry: Computer Software

You probably already are paying for Office 365, so might as well take advantage of OneDrive

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Our business, like most businesses I image, relay on MS Office products for day to day work. This OneDrive product comes with those products that are already being used in Office365. There really is no downside to not using this product if you already have Office365. It is easy to use like Dropbox and easy to share files with others in your organization.

Pros

This product comes free with a large 1TB of storage with Office 365 that every business uses anyways. Even if you have GSuite, chances are that you are also paying for MS Office. GSuite's Google Drive has a unique and frustrating (for new users or long time Windows users) method for syncing files. OneDrive's storage method is more inline with the user friendly DropBox. You can also edit Office files and OneNote inside OneDrive.

Cons

The client for Mac needs a special type of drive format. You need to have the drive formatted in a case sensitive format for the client to work. This can sometimes require IT to setup a separate partition on user's mac just for OneDrive to sync.

Amy N.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Perfect cloud storage for home and business

Reviewed on 2020/10/10

I've used OneDrive for several years now and have converted several people onto it as well. If you are a Microsoft user, it's a no-brainer to use this to safely save anything and everything you'll need. I have tons of personal and professional files stored in OneDrive and I never have to worry about losing files again. Its been very easy to organize and access my files from anywhere, but even if you aren't organized, their search function is great. I use this at least 10 times a day. It's quick, easy, and helps to ease my mind that everything from my business financial files to baby photos of my children are secure and will never be lost.

Pros

I'm a lifelong PC user and a small business owner. I love being able to have my personal and professional files safe and easily accessible from any device I'm using (phone, tablet, laptop). With my Office 365 subscription, I can also add my business partner and kids to my OneDrive account so that all of our documents, photos, and links are available to whoever needs them. It's also easy to upload, organize, and share files and links.

Cons

I use OneDrive to store and backup all my documents and I love it. My only issue has nothing to do with OneDrive itself, but rather that some of my clients prefer to use Google Drive because it's free and they don't need a paid account to have a shared cloud drive. Because of this, I often have to use both drives. However, because I trust OneDrive, I always save everything there first before uploading a copy onto Google Drive.

Andrei P.
Industry: Computer Games

Good integration but an average product with ups and downs

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/05/13

Losing some of my work and Microsoft changing their minds about the features of OneDrive (downgrading basically) and the slower speed made me change to other services. The first thing I do when I reinstall a machine is to turn it off and save the resources, which ~ 2 years ago were insanely high for what it had to do.

OneDrive is basically bothering me when I am using Windows 10 as the OS pesters you to use it to the point where I struggle to turn it off and to keep it that way. I was quite surprised to see it getting activated every now and then after some major operating system updates.

Pros

I found that nowadays (as of May 2020), OneDrive has great integration with the Windows ecosystem and their other services such as outlook.com. A short while ago it always seemed like the integrations were in some sort of beta, sometimes working, sometimes not.
Unfortunately I do not have any more pros for this as the competition does as good as a job as OneDrive, there really isn't much OneDrive stands out apart from the integration.

Cons

The biggest issue I encountered with OneDrive happened a few years ago, so I don't know if it's still relevant, however I feel that I should mention it because it was a turning point for me in switching from OneDrive to Dropbox and Google Drive. This also showed how vulnerable a cloud service is.
I had files syncing in the sync folder and it was taking forever for some reason. I swapped to another device and found the file I needed there, so I figured it was synced, but I did not check the date of modification. I opened it up, started working on something else than before and saved it. Moved to my initial device and I was greeted with an error stating the path of the file is too long to sync. When I opened the file I worked on with my other device I noticed it did not sync, I worked on an old version which now overwrote the syncing version, basically I lost 2 days worth of work by not waiting and checking for the sync to finish. The sync was not finishing due to an error, which appeared only after I modified the file. What the hell?!?

Another problem was that initially Microsoft advertised OneDrive as having unlimited storage for the basic subscription, but after a few months they changed their mind, not cool at all.

Currently, one of the biggest problems I still have with OneDrive when I scarecly use it is that it's overall slower than the competition such as Google Drive or Dropbox, both in transferring files as well as syncing from the folder.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Randall A.
Industry: Construction

Onedrive. Seriously, only one does it all

Reviewed on 2020/10/10

They are phenomenal and I get 100 GB cloud storage every month through my cell phone service which is T-Mobile don't think I'll ever use all of that fantastic job again at Google hq.

Pros

I like it is made by the Google corporation and Incorporated with all other Google apps and software. I like that with my cell phone service I get 100 GB of online cloud storage so my phone and drive storage space on the cloud isn't at capacity in fact my phone is always full of available storage as I just go in upload and backup my stuff every couple days.

Cons

I wish the interface was a little more intuitive to the user maybe more control over backups restore points should be able to access from any computer from anywhere once logged in.

Damian C.
Industry: Management Consulting

Benchmark in Cloud File Sharing and Collaboration.

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

I'm pretty sold on OneDrive due to it's key integration across the Office family. I use both Windows and MacOS and have to say MS do need to up their game on their offering to Mac users. The experience is still integrated and seamless but OneDrive interface lacks the depth of its Windows counterpart. Pricing is negated when part of the 365 Suite and you get 1TB too (readers to check at time of reading). Taken on its own, you can probably find cheaper storage solutions per buck but you may lack security and collaboration tools. OneDrive works extremely well on mobile devices too and makes document management on the go, easy. It's ability to collect a file from any PC you've setup a OneDrive folder one is hugely beneficial.

Pros

I rate OneDrive highly due to the safe-guarding/keeping features, the straightforward nature of One Drive and the intuitive UI. If you are fully integrated with Office then it provides a seamless experience to connect all Office apps for collaboration and synchronisation. I need files across various devices and OneDrive provides apps for all popular desktop OS's and device.

Specific areas in order of importance:

Security - As a minimum I have 2-factor authentication on everything and OneDrive utilises this too. Even if your password is blacklisted and weak then you have the safety of the MS Authenticator App on mobile and email with the former working on my Apple Watch, which is a great feature. For the ultimate protection you use OneDrive's Personal Vault feature, AES 256-bit encrypted on Microsoft’s servers and controlled by PIN for chosen folders.

Sharing & Security - The ability to drop your files or folders in a OneDrive folder on one device, it is then duplicated on all the devices which have the OneDrive folder installed. A great feature that is lacking with icloud and Google Drive is the ability to Password protect and set expiration dates.

Photo management - This is more personal than business. One Drive includes really rich photo management attributes. OneDrive emulates iCloud (vice versa) and OD auto-uploads pics & videos from my smartphone's camera roll. It saves small Kb versions on your phone that can be downloaded for full resolution if needed.

Cons

Storage - If you take it as a stand alone I would say that there are better options for storage capacity relative to OneDrive, for price versus storage.

I have yet to experience the issue myself, but I have had colleagues who have claimed that they cannot gain access to folders or files that are shared and password protected.

OneDrive lets MacOS down with it's less inspiring offering.

Mark joseph F.
Industry: Financial Services

Cheaper Alternative to Dropbox plus Added Benefit of Microsoft Office Products

Reviewed on 2020/10/11

I have been using one drive for 2 plus years now and I could say it was a great decision to transfer from dropbox to one drive.

Pros

For several years I used dropbox to store files. Then I realized that there is a cheaper option and it is One Drive. This software is relatively cheaper at 1TB file storage. It also allowed me and my family members to share the software because it can be shared up to 5 users if you use the family plan. Overall, we are very satisfied with this software.

Cons

The software has some minor bugs if you use it with a Mac and not on a Windows OS. Further, the uploading of the files takes longer unlike in dropbox, the uploading is faster because dropbox only uploads changes made to the file and not the entire file. Further the problem is also when one drive detects duplicate files for example you are using your one drive in your macbook and windows laptop. There are times that the files get duplicated. It would have been nice to allow us to see those duplicate files so we can decide which one to retain or not. It seems difficult at this point. But I am hoping in the future versions it will be easier.

Tamas hunor D.
Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Good companion of the other Microsoft apps

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

Overall it is a good central place to store files related to other Microsoft applicaiton like Teams, Outlook, Forms, etc.

Pros

I really like the space-saving feature, the ability to select offline/online files and the upload speeed.

Cons

Sharing feature is not self evident and robust as Dropbox. I am missing the password-protected or expirations of the links.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Hamid A.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Very good tool for working on multiple devices

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

We have been grouped at school to work on given projects. With OneDrive at hand we have been able to work closely with each other especially now that we are all at home and observing social distancing because of covid-19 .

Pros

Just like Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc. Microsoft OneDrive for Business is a part of the office products that makes working on multiple devices very easy. You can start working an particular PC but finishes on another PC because OneDrive allows you the flexibility to save your documents on the cloud. You can share files with your friends so that you can all work on it at the same time. It's great and easy tool to use.

Cons

It's hard to say anything about the cons of OnedDrive because I'm yet to experience the full capabilities of it. As it stands now, I mainly use it for file sharing and storage. But just like any other product, there probably are some things laging about it.

Dave T.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Onedrive is my personal go to

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Very good. Ever since I lost an important document to hard drive failure I always back up and I like the right integration onedrive provides.

Pros

We have onedrive and box available for free to use at work. Onedrive for me is so much better. It integrates so smoothly with windows and office and I don’t have to worry about losing my files. While my boss prefers box, I use onedrive for my own backups and put the things he needs on box for him

Cons

I have had some issues with the versioning when, I’m moving between computers. Don’t know if it’s an internet problem or what but sometimes I end up with conflicts and multiple copies of files. I notice this happens more to me on onedrive than other services.

Andrew B.

Great Once Implemented

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

Once it was running easy and seamless and saving our company money.

Pros

Is amazing now that it's all set up, can share documents in our Teams environment or simply through explorer exactly like DropBox. Can also choose whether files are stored locally or primarily in the cloud. Also allows for team files and individual files.

Cons

The implementation was a difficult, was very hard to work out how to simply replicate how we were using DropBox. Which was really just a single folder with all our folders inside it, so you would think easy to set up.

Michael N.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Professional storage and collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/14

I have been using OneDrive for years, even privately, and have always been very satisfied. For business use, it is now impossible to imagine everyday work without it, especially if you work internationally with many partners. I find the easy usability, the numerous and seamlessly integrated functions and the possibility to access all functions and files via app very practical.

Pros

I use OneDrive every day to provide colleagues and partners inside and outside our corporate network with files in a central location. The integrated office solutions, the possibility to work on documents in real time and simultaneously with others, the professional commenting function (works like a conversation and you can tag colleagues) and the possibility to open office documents even with the installed office programs (whereby the changes are then synchronized with the version on OneDrive) are undoubtedly very practical.
The possibility of restoring older versions of documents and the intuitive interface (drag and drop) are other plus points.
The integrated office programs offer professional functions that are almost equal (in terms of features) to the offline versions, and the daily work can also be done in the online office. Some features such as the spell checker or the translation function are not yet to be found in the installed programs, but can be found online.

Cons

The only points of criticism are the role management and the possibility to share folders. OneDrive offers all functions, but not all of them are self-explanatory. There is a share button (to give access to new people, i.e. create an access link or send an access mail), a create-link button (for people with existing access) and then there are other options such as "direct access". Most of the time the access features work, but sometimes partners tell me (even though they appear to me as people with access) that the links I send them do not work for them. Most of the time it helps to create a direct and new link with the share feature. However, this could be improved.

Chethan M.

Review of One Drive

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Microsoft OneDrive is nice storage option for Corporates and employees in mid to large organizations.

Pros

Microsoft OneDrive is been very popular recently for document storage. Microsoft OneDrive is also one of the recommended softwares across companies and organizations. OneDrive is a very safe way to store the data and keep it secure. OneDrive has very nice features of Sync wherein the data will automatically sync the data created offline and the data if edited online will get slowly synced up parallelly in the background. OneDrive is very easy to use after one time registration and creating the folder for the Onedrive to pickup and sync. As a one time setup, the user will drop all his / her folders, subfolders and files inside the specific folder created for OneDrive. Once the folder and files are inside the OneDrive, the users will be able to easily access them and edit them similar to accessing any other files within their personal folders. This is very beneficial for users to access their data from anywhere across the world and also for users to keep their data safe within their official and personal laptops. One can easily setup the folder for share and team usage when required and keep the other folders as private to not allow others to view or access them. With Onedrive the data will be safe and user can easily retrieve their data when the Laptop crashes due to unforeseen circumstances.

Cons

Microsoft OneDrive has very nice features but also has few disadvantages. OneDrive is a proprietary product from Microsoft and its a paid tool. Microsoft is mainly popular among corporates and it still not so popular with common people or individuals. Though Microsoft is providing some free storage for single users but the storage limit is comparatively less and one will end up going with paid option at some point. Microsoft OneDrive will be syncing in the background and it will increase the internet usage and hence the user need to pause OneDrive or stop syncing when not required or using limited internet connectivity.

Bradley D.
Industry: Higher Education

Essential for Cloud Storage and a successful workflow.

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

Overall, I find OneDrive to be a very reliable service. Over the years, MS continues to improve and incorporate new features in their software packages. I trust that my data is safe and secure in the hands of MS. I do think they could improve by allowing images from your personal OneDrive to be hosted on other sites.

Pros

OneDrive Personal is free for all users that sign up and are given 5GB of storage. Storage capacity can be expanded with prices starting at $1.99 a month. It is very easy to share data and assign permissions to your files and folders. Syncing your data with the app allows effortless uploading. Another cool feature is OneDrive's ability to detect your most frequently used files and then making those files readily available on your PC - while your less used files are kept in the cloud. The purpose of this feature is to save storage on you PC but also allows for faster access of those you use more. OneDrive for Business offers all the features of Personal but you are given a larger capacity from start. OneDrive FileVault is another cool feature that MS has recently added. With the FileVault you can store a limited amount of files in a folder that is password protected.

Cons

Some of the downsides to uploading documents to OneDrive include the rejection of special characters in the file name. It does notify you of files that do not upload and to fix this, all you do is change the name but if dealing with a large number of files, this can be an inconvenience. Also, uploading large files, over 1GB can take a long time and if your connection is lost, you must start over.

Lohany B.
Industry: Government Relations

my experience using OneDrive

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Very pleasant, total practicality and ease of use, I quickly got used to handling it, I use it both at home to store personal documents and photos, and at work through the business plan, with a unit, it was easier to edit files and spreadsheets accounts without running the risk of losing or messing with the formatting of the document. With a 15 Gb space offer that can reach 35 Gb free per account and 1Q paid in the plan with a very attractive price, I am satisfied with OneDrive and do not intend to change.

Pros

One of the advantages that I found practical and very feasible, was the fact of not having to make the files in the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint template, native files because they are already there, that is, it is available to create or save files in these formats. unlike the competition that we have to turn into native files if we want to extract the full potential of the application from there, another advantage is the synchronization of the computer with the application so that whenever I make a change to a file that is saved in the cloud it is changed automatically and the price for 1Tb very competitive and even includes an Office 365 license, complete integration with Microsoft operating systems, Windows phone and Office365 that allows you to save all your Microsoft Office documents by default to Onedrive.

Cons

I haven't found something really strong yet that makes me dislike the services offered by the unit, maybe the space available in the free modality is equal to the competition. those who cannot work with contracting a plan, but the cost-benefit is good since they are priced based on comparison with other plans, another disadvantage is that despite being on the roadmap to correct these problems, currently, Onedrive does not support files with some special characters (eg% and #) and it is also not possible to import files with names over 256 characters in length. It also has a limit of 20,000 documents.

Nick C.
Industry: Mental Health Care
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Why did I use Dropbox for all that time?

Reviewed on 2020/09/13

The minor aggravation with my initial setup is nothing compared to the ease of using it with other Office products, especially across mobile devices.

Pros

OneDrive easily integrates with all of our other Office software. Since transitioning to Microsoft Teams for interagency communication and using Outlook for our mail, the availability of OneDrive to seamlessly store large volumes of data securely while at the same time being able to selectively share it with individual employees is amazing. It fits into what we do as a component of our system, unlike other cloud based programs that seem to be standalone rather than integrated.

Cons

Once I figured out how useful it was going to be, I did a mass upload of files. It was a somewhat aggravating process. I wish that I could have selected all the files to upload, then have OneDrive batch and upload in segments rather than doing a single upload that inevitably would stall.

Pradeep V.
Industry: Financial Services

One Drive review

Reviewed on 2020/08/30

It has solved a big problem for our firm currently. I would like to see the service becoming better but I am satisfied with the product currently

Pros

We are to push the auto sync of data through to all our employees. Helps backup critical data of all users and avoids any inadvertent loss. It also ensures productivity is not lost.

Cons

It slows the systems and sucks the bandwidth. I would like it to be more seamless. Sync schedule can be automatic by learning the user usage patterns and setting up at a time when the usage is low.

Great value with Office 365 subscription

Reviewed on 2020/08/15

Access to files regardless of what device and platform I'm using. Ability to share and collaborate on docs with other team members, especially for O365 docs.

Pros

Does everything that other cloud storage services do, and has good cross platform support. However, the area where it differentiates itself is the excellent value it is when it comes part of an O365 subscription.

Cons

iOS integration could be a little tighter. Dropbox seems to be a bit more integrated, with more ability to save files to Dropbox using the iOS share menu in different apps.

Amanda V.
Industry: E-Learning
Company size: Self Employed

I Use OneDrive For My Personal Important Files Because I Know They are Safe There!

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

I use it every morning. I love to use for keeping our family budget sheets up to day, for sharing files and creating files and that they are really easy to download to look at offline too! I'm really very impressed!

Pros

I love the fact that you have have your personal private files in the special OneDrive personal Vault, which requires extra password protection. It's great! Especially when you need a file but are not close to your regular computer or device, you can log on anywhere in the world and go through the special vault for extra incryption. I love it! And it's very generous with the files sizes too! Plus it's just so easy to use! Definitely my favourite online document storage place for sure. I particularly like using the sheets that work pretty much exactly like Excel, I love not having to learn new systems just to work online. Thank-you Microsoft!

Cons

Nothing really. I used to find it annoying if I had a shared document with my partner and we couldn't work on the files at the same time and have the system remember to do the updates, but that seems to be fixed now, so it's all good!

John S.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: Self Employed

A great cloud drive service for those in the Microsoft ecosystem

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

Overall I find OneDrive to be a good solution. As with many cloud providers, the free tier leaves a lot to be desired as does the levels of space vs subscription costs.

Pros

OneDrive is generally easy to use and works on all my devices whether it is mobile or desktop. It also integrates nicely into my iOS Files application, making it a great choice as a user of Microsoft 365. The stand alone applications work great on all of my devices and allow me to have multiple accounts, both personal and work, making it available everywhere I need it.

Cons

One feature that needs improvement is the file sharing feature. It can be cumbersome to understand, especially on mobile, what the access rights are for a file or folder that I have shared. Modifying or removing these rights, as well as discontinuing sharing a file, is also very frustrating to figure out. And even though I know I have done it many times, I find myself fumbling to modify and remember just what I did before to adjust these settings.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

André L.
Industry: Chemicals

Reliable, and very well integrated with Microsoft Suite

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

The users of the company had some problems with their computers using mechanical hard drives, they often stopped to work, and their files were gone. With the configuration of OneDrive, they have a backup of everything that has modified on their files, also it is possible to access them from different devices, like mobile, tablets and another computer, it became a very good tool for our external Sales team, that always need to share files, presentations for the clients. Therefore, it is very interesting the integration with other Microsoft tools, even with the GPOs that you can set some configurations of OneDrive.

Pros

The integration with the Microsoft products is awesome, we can share a file directly from OneDrive to e-mail, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams, it helps to have a unique point where all of your files are located, also, we can setup the software to do a continuous backup of your desktops and notebooks.

Cons

The price is expensive for the small companies, specially when you have some products with better price on the market. Other point that needs to be enligheted: it is not so easy to configure it on the users computers, and it cannot backup Outlook .PST files, it could have been a problem for the companies that stores a large amount of e-mails.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Education Management

OneDrive for university student

Reviewed on 2020/05/24

Overall the application is quite useful and I recommend any one who need ICloud facility on Windows,Try on Microsoft OneDrive.It will serve you very well as ICloud on Apple computers.

Pros

Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud storage service which provided by Microsoft to any user who has Microsoft email account.As a ICloud for Mac,I was needed a cloud storage to my Windows PC.I was needed a cloud storage which can automatically upload my studding documents to a cloud storage and giving the accessibility to my documents by from any device which I use.Because I can not carry my desktop computer any ware and every studding notes or lecture slides which I put it on my laptop must need to be in my desktop when I come home.For a apple Mac user no need to have this problem because they have ICloud and anything you put on MacBook it will be on your Mac computer in home.As a Windows user for this problem I could able to find a solution which is OneDrive.It automatically backups my documents on any windows computer which I logged on my windows email to my cloud storage and there for I am able to access my study notes and lecture slide from my any computer.It is very helpful to me and OneDrive is the one of my favorite software which installed on my every windows computer.

Cons

I like OneDrive so much because its service is speechless as a windows user.But my main cloud storage is Google Drive because it supply me much more services than OneDrive.The all services which provided by Google like Gmail, GoogleDocs are interconnected with my GoogleDrive there for it is much easier and useful to use as my main cloud storage.I do not use other services which provide by windows therefor I has no need to use OneDrive as my main cloud storage.The reason which I do not use the services provide by windows because those services are not very familiar with others and lot of other people does not use windows providing services.Lot of peoples are using Google providing services so it much easier to use those.I hope those services provide by windows will get familiar with others and after that I do not need to use two cloud storage and definitely I choose Microsoft OneDrive.

Shayna W.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Powerful Storage Allows for Collaboration and Organization

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

OneDrive is just powerful and convenient. There is no hassle when trying to save large files, sync multiple devices, locate files through search, or when sharing and collaborating with colleagues who need access. It's a lifesaver, and I highly recommend it.

Pros

The best thing about OneDrive is how it integrates with all of the other Microsoft products that we use on a daily basis. I don't have to take extra steps when saving, sorting, or sharing files. I can easily save a file on OneDrive, invite others to read or edit the file, copy or relocate it to another area, view, sync, and access everything I need no matter where I am traveling or teaching. We previously used a more clunky storage platform, and OneDrive is far more intuitive. Once you've learned the basic steps, everything else falls into place.

Cons

The only real con to OneDrive is that it honestly has so many features that I'm sure I'm not using them all. I should probably take a class and extend my understanding of what it is capable of so I could better integrate it with my work in other Microsoft programs. However, it meets and exceeds all of my current needs, so it's a very mild criticism.

Steven C.
Industry: E-Learning

OneDrive in an K-12 Education

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Overall, my experience with OneDrive has been excellent. Integration with Office 365 and within Windows 10 makes it an easy and effective application to use.

Pros

As part of Office 365, OneDrive is an excellent online storage application for our students to save and share their work. In an educational setting, students have a Terabyte of online storage available to them. This provides students with the ability to save virtually every piece of school work that they create during their school careers. The ease of configuring OneDrive to automatically save everything in their Desktop, as well as their Documents and Picture folders provides students and our IT department with the peace of mind that they will not lose any of their classwork in the event of a computer failure. Additionally, the ability of students to access their OneDrive from virtually anywhere on any computer makes this product versatile and extremely useful for our students

Cons

The default settings for OneDrive do not automatically include the Documents folder, the Desktop or the Pictures folder.
Sharing documents or other files directly from the user's computer is problematic. It is best to open the OneDrive folder online and share files from there. The distinction is confusing to students.
When using a free account for OneDrive, you are limited to 5GB of storage.

Don D.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
Company size: Self Employed

Came on board kicking and screaming...

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Overall, OneDrive is easy (and fairly mindless) to use. In fact, I am slowly migrating most of my iCloud files to OneDrive so that I can more easily access them from either my Mac or my PC.

Pros

I first started using OneDrive because it came with Office 365. I didn't really intend to do much with it, other than maybe store some personal stuff out there. After all, I was a Mac user so I had iCloud and an attitude towards Microsoft.
But one of my clients was an avid Microsoft shop, so I had to start using Microsoft products more. I eventually even ended up buying a Surface Pro for travel.
And that's when OneDrive really started to shine. OneDrive works both on my Mac and my Surface Pro, so it's super easy to keep files synced between them. And it does a nice job of disk management, so even though I have a lot of data in the cloud and a tiny drive on the Surface Pro, it's pretty quick to locate and access any files I need.
And did I mention that since it's included in Office 365—which I needed to have, anyway—the first 1 TB really costs me nothing?

Cons

I have a minor problem on my Mac that the OneDrive sync software doesn't always start up on reboot (even though it's configured to do so). Until I figured that out, I would occasionally have problems with files not syncing. So, for example, I'd copy a file to OneDrive, grab my Surface and head out to a client site, and once there discover that the file hadn't synced.
So now I just make a habit of being sure OneDrive started after each reboot, and all works fine.

Daniel N.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The Best Cloud Service

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

Excelente. Like i said i use it daily, integrated into my MicrosoftTEAMS, CANVA, VISME, internally at the university. All the information stored in a single easy space.

Pros

OneDrive is the easiest most organized app for storing your information on the cloud. The biggest advantage that ive seen comes with the ability to sinc all your information in every device that you have it installed. I have it in my cellphone, computer and tablet (all of them android/ mmicrosoft) and i can organize all my information seemlessly. Another great advantage comes with the newlly MicrosoftTEAMS. All of the info can be stored with one drive, or you can easilly upload files that are on your onedrive into your teamwork. Inside you can manage the files into folder, give them color, and reorganize everything according to your needs. People compareit with dropbox, but onedrive gives you more free space at the start and its easier to use.

Cons

Works best with microsoft/ android devices. I have friends with IOS that prefer to use the cloud integrated with Apple.