1 233 reviews
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Best storage sending Platform

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/08/29

If you are using free version of WeTransfer, it's a limited and if you are a premium customer then it don't have any limit of features.
Send & Receive up to 20 GB data.
1TB Storage limit

Pros

Best way to transfer your files, images and videos to any Email id with a simple click. We transfer is a very unique platform to send videos, images and many other documents easily. Send up to 2 GB large files easily with a zip file.

Cons

WeTransfer won't provide any storage platform to save your data for free version. The premium version will provide you upto 1 TB storage.

Ben S.
Industry: Real Estate

Easily Send Large Files Without Signing Up

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/12/15

Overall, WeTransfer has been a useful tool to allow for quick and easy large file transfers for our marketing department. Typically, when working with vendors, we are required to send lots of content that are of large file sizes, so WeTransfer allows us to meet that need in a cost effective way. With a free account, we are able to send up to 2GB of files via email link and get many notifications throughout the process to manage and track the file share. Overall, we love WeTransfer as an awesome supplement to the Dropbox business account we already have.

Pros

The best part of WeTransfer is the ability to send up to 2GB of files for FREE, which satisfies 99.99% of the file transfers our marketing team performs at any given time. It is great to be able to send secure email links to download the files we've included and be able to see when those files have been downloaded by the receiver. WeTransfer automatically cancel after 7 days, of which you are notified as well, so you don't have to worry about perpetually accessible links. You are able to easily drag and drop files into your email, or add them manually from your local machine. Lastly, if you accidentally send files to an incorrect recipient, you can easily rescind the transfer link from the notification email you receive when initiating the initial transfer of files.

Cons

The free version doesn't require, at least currently, you to set up an account through WeTransfer (you just need to enter a "From" email address), so privacy is a small concern (i.e. how secure is using a free WeTransfer account), but not a major one. We do not use WeTransfer for sensitive document transfers.

Sébastien L.
Industry: Computer Software

Simple yet Powerful Solution to Sharing Big Files That Matter

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Overall, it is undoubtedly one of the best services of that kind that I have used over the years. In many cases, I find it even more convenient than a cloud storage solution because nothing is linked to one specific account and there is no need to garbage collect archives that are no longer in use. This can be a doubled-edge sword, but frankly one can just reupload files when needed or realize how much or how little interest the recipient has when getting an email confirmation when the files have been downloaded, which is obviously another great feature of WeTransfer. In work situations, this actually is wonderfully useful as the recipient can't fake that the information hasn't got through. It even works equally well for transferring encrypted archives that contain sensitive information and so we have given our trust to this service many, many times. I haven't personally needed to contact their customer support yet, but I have seen how well WeTransfer treat their customers and I have no doubt they will be there when the time comes.

Pros

WeTransfer is very easy to use, both for the sender and the recipient. In fact, no user needs to create an account to start with: it is just a matter of using the intuitive interface to upload one or more files and indicate an email for the files to be received. This comes in handy to send files that are too large to be attached in an email but that still need to be delivered to people who aren't necessarily tech-savvy. There is also a very useful feature available to generate a link instead of sending an email. It never failed on me during a transfer, nor when sending or receiving an email. It has consistently worked flawlessly and gives valid reasons to switch to a paid account, especially for the additional nice benefits it offers: you can transfer 20GB at once; store up to 100GB; files are kept for longer; you can password-protect files and you can even have your own personalized web address with a custom background wallpaper. Even with a free account, it never feels like a limited service: downloads and uploads are quick and reliable.

Cons

After sharing dozens and dozens of files with family, friends and colleagues, there is only one drawback with WeTransfer: most of the files uploaded, being sent through free accounts, will expire after 7 days. Most of the time, this is more than enough, but it can cause some troubles to have to reupload the exact same big files (or sometimes series of files) because the recipient haven't taken the time to download them. One great feature that could potentially save some bandwidth for everyone would be to have the ability to extend the expiration date a day or two before it is supposed to expire. As a workaround for now, it is indeed convenient to have a Premium account to avoid this pitfall. I almost exclusively use this service on a laptop, but I will admit that I did experience some troubles with the iPhone application: when transferring an archive that was too large to fit on the smartphone, it somehow hung up and there was no way to fix the issue through the app. Hopefully, it was possible to use a third-party application to manually find and deleted the partially downloaded archive to free up some space and give life back to the WeTransfer app.

Maria B.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy, Fast, and Free!

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

By using WeTransfer I've been able to transfer large files, such as HTML5 banners, Photoshop files, Gifs, images and others. It's seamless, easy and quick.

Pros

I absolutely love WeTransfer. I've used it for over 2 years, and it's so easy and quick. I love how simple the design is, when you access the homepage, you don't have to click anywhere, the uploader is right in front of your eyes and ready to use. It takes just a few steps to upload files and send them to your recipient. It's straightforward and clear. You can send various files at the same time. I've been using it to transfer big, and important files to clients, it's secure and it's free to use. I believe there is an upgraded version, more pro - but honestly you can just use the regular and free version and works just as excellent.
The main page where you upload your files is so interactive and fun, the background changes every time.
The Help Center is really detailed and informative - and you can easily contact support by submitting a request if you have a question, a claim or a comment. I recommend this software.

Cons

I'm not familiar how it works with a paid subscription, but I'm very happy with the free access. I wouldn't change anything.

Andres R.
Industry: International Trade & Development
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

WeTransfer is an affordable platform to send and receive files in the cloud easily

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

I frequently use WeTransfer to share project and plan documents with my coworkers, which has allowed our email storage space not to become crowded. The biggest benefit is that you can send any file, regardless of its format, be it a photo, a video or compressed files. Also, sometimes I add passwords to confidential files, so that they cannot be downloaded by third parties.

Pros

WeTransfer is a simple and easy to use file transfer platform. I like it because it is a service that is based only on drag and drop. Another feature that I like is that I can share documents to different recipients simultaneously. On the other hand, I find it very useful that WeTransfer automatically deletes files after upload. In addition, the Pro version has a really affordable cost and adds functionalities such as the expiration date of file transfers.

Cons

Apparently, WeTransfer has drawbacks to batch loading files larger than 1 GB in size, because sometimes certain files stay 99% and I must repeat the loading process again. I have not had any other inconvenience with the service offered by this platform.

Kalim U.
Industry: Medical Devices
Company size: Self Employed

Wetransfer is best internet based computer file transfer service

Reviewed on 2020/09/20

Wetransfer is an amazing online file storage which I really like personally and recommend to freelancer wetransfer. very fast downloading and uploading process which save time a lot.

Pros

wetransfer have a very good function which resume your file if it's failed while downloading and that is best feature of online clouds. free subscription give 2 GB files uploading. paid version of wetransfer give more custom features.

Cons

we transfer don't give permission to save your data online more than 2 gb files which is very less storage as compare to google drive. there is no function to play the uploaded video file or show image preview without downloading them.

Kaitlin B.
Industry: Entertainment

WeTransfer is a life saver!

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

We use WeTransfer for video auditions on a daily basis; I also use WeTransfer for designs and large PDF and Adobe files. I don't know how I ever worked without it.

Pros

WeTransfer is a hassle-free way to send large files to clients/friends/family without having to deal with Dropbox, Google Drive, or other online servers. It also notifies you when your files have been delivered, AND when they've been downloaded...so you can send follow-up emails to people if file downloads are time-sensitive.

Cons

If you only have the free version, you can only upload up to 2GB worth of files, and you can only email to 3 email addresses at a time; that being said, 2 GB is still pretty sizable, and you can always send as many wetransfers as possible. I do wish that that the files were available for an unlimited amount of time, but they do allow for 30 days for download, so it's still a good amount of time to download the files.

Jem C.
Industry: Media Production

Good way to send really bulky files without taking up drive space - but does run out quick on free

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Overall, this is great solution when needing to send bulky files to clients without having to take up space on your own servers or permanently. It's a respected and easy solution to clunky email systems, which for some reason still aren't able to deal with big files! Especially as someone in media, I would recommend this.

Pros

I use Google Drive for most of my storage on a back-up, but only on the free plan, so have a limit of 15 GB, so this is a good option for sending bulky files, especially when you don't want to keep them (for a draft edit, for example). It's easy to use, intuitive, and rarely ends up in spam folders. I'm also quite a big fan of the offbeat stories they also commission as part of their editorial, if you'd like to get sucked in a work break!

Cons

When you're on the receiving end of someone who doesn't have the pro version, seven days (how long they'll hold the file for for free) really can fly by, and all of a sudden you've not got the files you really pushed for getting and need to receive them again! It would be good to get a reminder, if this function were possible.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Joana G.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Wonderful to transfer all kinds of files

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

I love that it is perfectly easy to use, uncomplicated and that you can transfer a large amount of files. It also reminds you before the files will be deleted, so that you can manage when to download the files. Overall it is a great tool for people who transfer a lot of files.

Cons

Maybe the files could be deleted a little later then 1 week, although for me personally 1 week is enough and with the remainders you can manage it pretty well.

Gladys C.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

The best way to send heavy documents via web!

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Perfect to send heavy documents, easy to upload and very easy to send.

Pros

Sending big Presentations, Videos, Photos and more, to my loved ones all in just a link or email where they can click this link and download the information.

I just made a really heavy video for my boyfriend´s birthday and send it to all his family to, and I didn´t have to change my video to a lower quality.

Cons

It´s free up to 2GB, I have to pay more if I want to send more information.

Mireia M.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

We Transfer

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

My experience with WeTransfer has been very positive, aside of the normal day student troubles, but I can't complain since it allows me to do things that would be much more difficult and even impossible if it didn't exist.

Pros

WeTransfer is the most easiest tool/software to use when it's about transferring documents to other existing email accounts. It makes it very easy to download the files compressed in .zip, to have a number of days when you can still access the files and more.
It has the option to sign up, the option or creating a pro account or even the action of just sending the files directly, without need of applying first, which is a very high plus for most people.

Cons

It has a maximum of space of 2GB per transfer sent and a maximum of GB per day sent, which sometimes makes it tricky if I need to send a large project to a producer or professor. And again, the PRO thing, which I understand it's necessary for these softwares to keep growing and working but for some students, it'd be very useful to have access to a few PRO tools made easier.

Eduardo C.
Industry: E-Learning

Successful transfer

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

It has been a satisfying experience. It fulfills its operation and also exceeds my expectations with a very good service. To be more specific, it has helped me to be more productive and not waste time uploading files or downloading files.

Pros

Wetransfer works flawlessly when transferring from large to small files. It has an excellent data transfer rate and presents almost no errors when using it. It is easy to use, very intuitive and notifies the receiver that the file is ready to download. Does not waste space in other clouds to save files temporarily

Cons

Maybe more than a cons is a wish. Well, the 100gb limit may become short with the imminent need to send larger and larger files. I hope that this limit may increase over time. Using the app, I have noticed a couple of problems when uploading large files, however, insisting the problem stops appearing.

Jennifer V.
Industry: Consumer Goods
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Very useful for sharing larger files

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Used WeTransfer really often for sending/sharing files with friends/colleagues. Sometimes the files are just too big to send over mail and you don't always have a USB drive with you. 2 GB limit has mostly been no problem for me. I believe there's no other platform I know of which does the exact same with the exact same features and working just as good as WeTransfer. Definitely would advise people using WeTransfer when wanting to send larger files to people.

Pros

What I like most is the ease of using this. It's really straightforward. All you have to do upload the files you want to share, provide sender and recipient mail address. No registration is needed which is great, so you can start using it right away. Also it's completely free of charge when sending files under 2 GB of size. It works very efficient, when you send the files, they receive it pretty fast, and the files will stay available for quite a while (not exactly sure how long).

Cons

Sometimes it's rather saddening when you want to download files from a wetransfer, and then you realize that the link has expired and you can no longer download the files. It would be nice if they would save all the data, but it's normal obviously. Maybe if this wasn't yet the case, they could perhaps include this as a premium feature. Also, too bad that it's free only up to 2 GB's, but again, quite normal. Just like every company, they need to make profit aswell.

Ken V.
Industry: Music

Pro Account Good for Single Users Only

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Great for sending files up to 20GB per transfer. Not good if you're looking for multiple users.

Pros

Very easy to use.. Drag and drop files. Sends quickly, and very few errors. Easy to manage overall list of files sent, and good storage space. Up to 20GB files per transfer for Pro accounts

Cons

They recently implimented single user emails for the Pro account and we were using it in our company with 4 users different email addresses. The resitrictions in place requiring verification each time when changing email addresses, and the inablilty to work as a group with a central place to manage our files has caused us to move to another company.

Yoselin T.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Looking for an easy cloud service? Try out WeTransfer!

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Working as a Support member, I've encountered some customers who have issues sending files because they are not too familiar with the technology. I've always recommended them to use WeTransfer and it works just great! They don't have to be dealing with any privacy settings or whatsoever. Overall, I do recommend this file transfer service.

Pros

WeTransfer is so easy to use! What I really like about this is that you don't necessarily need to input an email address to whom you're sending to. You can just upload the file, copy the link and send it right away without any hassle!

Cons

If you don't want to pay the plus service, you'll only get 2GB space. But this is still great for me!

Andrés e. B.
Industry: Telecommunications

sending files has never been so easy

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

In summary, the user experience has been great. If you are in a company, if you work on your own or just want to send files to your family or friends, believe me you should try it and share it with your friends. I assure you that it will make things easier

Pros

I do not know if it has happened to them ... but in my day to day I must send several emails with attachments or share them with other areas of the company and honestly such a simple task can be really annoying. The reasons can be varied: Corporate mail with little capacity, ignorance of other places for the reception of files or, even, the lack of a pendrive. It may be funny, but this is the day to day of many.

The good news is that this initiative, WeTransfer, has fallen like sunlight on me and has made tasks like the ones described above really easy. So easy that I do not even have a registered account to use their services.

Other interesting aspects, is the possibility of placing the email you want as a sender and, as if that were not enough, lets you make a description that allows you to put in context who will receive the information.

Cons

Something negative? Well OK...

It only allows sending a maximum of 2GB. If you want to send with larger size, you must pay for a plan. But ... come on, not everything can be free in this life.

Diana J.
Industry: Design

Totally recommended

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

We transfer provides us with exactly what we need and in a very simple and professional way. You can share your files through a link or send them directly to the email address you choose.

Pros

It helps us send the heaviest files and even make project deliveries in record time. We all use We Treansfer in our company.

Cons

Sometimes we have run out of enough space, we have entered the administrator and deleted some files and we have solved the problem.

Pierre-clement L.
Industry: Market Research

Best way to share huge files

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

My overall experience with WeTransfer have been great. I highly recommend the use of WeTransfer.

Pros

I've been using Wetransfer for a really long time now and I highly recommend it to everyone. It's so easy to use and especially so useful that it's a no brainer for me. Everytime I have to share files which exceed 2Mo I directly go on wetransfer, put all my files in a single link and directly share it by mail. Easy, quick and your mailbox will no longer be full every month !

Cons

The only cons I would add about wetransfer is the fact that some companies might not allow the use of wetransfer and some people might not be able to download any files from a wetransfer link.

Sending Files via WeTransfer

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

WeTransfer is one of the best, most modern options of the time if you don't want to deal with any information, registration or login. WeTransfer is very simple and practical to use. You may need to send files piece by piece for much larger file submissions.

Pros

As the file size increases, Wetransfer is one of the most popular file transfer tools as you know that we need new tools to send these files. What does WeTransfer offer us? Sending files up to 2GB free of charge, Sending multiple files at once, Notifying you when your file is downloaded.

Cons

My dislike feature is that it doesn't allow you to preview files before downloading them. You don't know what's inside, so you can encounter surprises when downloading files that are too large. On the other hand, my most dislike one of feature is that your files are stored on servers for only one week. İn my opinion, this time should be extended.

Industry: Design
Company size: Self Employed

Love Sending Files This Way!

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

Great! Everything works great and I am very happy using it!

Pros

WeTransfer allows you to send files without taking up storage spaces. Other programs you will need to keep the folder and have it shared in settings.

Cons

Once in a while my client would not be able to open the file via email sent through WeTransfer— but when I sent him the link personally, he would have no problems.

Irati S.
Industry: Entertainment

Great app for transferring files

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

It is fantastic and easy to use. You can transfer folders, single files and ZIP files, which it makes it extremly productive for the user.

Pros

It is very easy to use. The fact that you just have to drag the files to the main screen makes it very user friendly. The design of the app over all is magnificent.

Cons

The free app has a limit transfer of 2GB. That can be very limited for business and large files. It is fine for small things but business can be very limited to transfer other files.

Better than CloudApp

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

We had switched from CloudApp which got more and more expensive for us over time and we do not regret it.

Pros

I like how simple WeTransfer is to use, both on the free version and the enterprise version. We're able to just drag and drop our files and the upload is much faster than Dropbox or CloudApp.

Cons

Having links deleted without prior notice on the free version of WeTransfer. Also, we would love it if WeTransfer finally released an API that we could use within our product.

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Free, easy and useful

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

I use it to send large amounts of files to clients and coworkers who don't have access to our server. Usually photo files.

Pros

It's so easy! It's free, It can be used without an account and the files are not saved (in the free version), so there's no need to clean up old files. The 2GB transfer limit on the free version is generous.

Cons

The files disappear after a week so often clients miss the download window. Until a few years ago files were up for 2 weeks, which was a more lenient window.

Files arrive as a zip file. Usually this is fine but there are situations when a Dropbox-type setup is easier. For example, to preview a set of photos, or to choose one file without having to download the others.

Pedro C.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
Company size: Self Employed

Yes We Can Transfer Anything!!

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

I really like wetransfer because of the easy to use interface. The download doesn't need an expert, just click the link, which is very handy when sending information for other persons.

Pros

Even the free platform is well constructed, with simple fields to fill. Only need to know what to transfer, from whom, and to who. Simples as that! Top free 2gb transfers...

Cons

The free version could have more than 2gb. Even for a free version, today's files (films for example) are very large.

Valeh S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Upload and send files faster than ever

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Pros

There are many file storage platforms like WeTransfer. But the best side and main difference of WeTransfer is that there is no disturbing ads or pop up windows while downloading files. I have tried many similar platforms to WeTransfer and once I came across even eight pop up windows while trying to download file. This is very disturbing and main reason of customer loose. My second reason of choosing WeTransfer was speed which amazed me while uploading. It uses all the resources in order to upload files in maximum speed. I strongly recommend WeTransfer to every kind of companies if they want reliable and efficient file sharing platform.

Cons

There are some features missing which I want to see in the WeTransfer soon. One of them and the most important one is collaboration feature which can save time and increase productivity in the company. And the other one is face recognition feature from photos which makes easy to organize photos.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10