Crelate

Recruiting software & applicant tracking for recruiters

Eric L.

Crelate Talent - by a recruiter

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

I can track jobs, candidate progress, status, etc, very very easily
The customer service is great. A bit slow - no one is there when you call - but they call you back, are very friendly and very thorough

Pros

1. Implementation consists....of a few minutes of work with the support team to get going
2. They can do a data conversion fairly quickly.
3. Learning to get started in it in is fast and intuitive. Then, as you learn more about it and figure out how to do things better, you can change what you do - and your prior work is not completely messed up!
4. Integration with my company website and with job boards is simply fantastic

Cons

Data conversion is expensive - but, I guess, so is everyones....

Response from Crelate

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I must agree with you about your third point. Being able to evolve your process, and keep your prior work, is something I have become thankful for too.

Brian C.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Why Did We Wait So Long!?

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Pros

(AllSearch is a 20 Person Professional Direct Hire Company). Ladies and Gentlemen of Crelate, all of you deserve some seriously high praise. Starting with whose initial Demo and considerable Q&A (he was very patient with us, no pressure) helped us realize that this system we'd never heard of was worth top 3 consideration against some very name brand players, during a time we were looking at literally 8 other Recruiting CRM/ATS vendors. Then on to the support staff whose incredible knowledge of both the system and industry thus able to act as a real business analyst and internal systems consultant. And last but not least to the support staff who took an incredibly complex legacy database we'd been running for nearly 20 years, made sense of it, and worked it successful into Crelate like a data magician.

I swear it felt like everyone I dealt with at Crelate could just read my read my mind at every turn, I never felt rushed, or frustrated, or like “just 1 of 1000 clients”.

You took a topic we'd been avoiding for years, conversion/migration of an enormous legacy database, and made it a breeze. My only regret is having waited so long to modernize our Recruiting ATS/CRM system to Crelate. Perhaps most telling, one of my favorite Day 1 comments from a new user of the Crelate..."This is SO CRAZY AWESOME!". I couldn't agree more.

A common sentiment I mentioned to the folks during the migration planning/training was "have you guys thought of everything?!", it really seems as if they have.

Cons

Nothing negative whatsoever to speak of yet. We migrated/converted over the course of the summer, went live on schedule a few weeks ago, with zero problems, and in the first two weeks, the general sentiment is the Title of this Review. Employees are thrilled, metrics are WAY up. Why, oh why, did we wait so long to migrate our core Recruiting ATS/CRM to a more modern platform. Granted it's the honeymoon period, but, so far, the Recruiting life is much better on Crelate.

Zach S.

Good ATS System

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Overall, Crelate is a very solid ATS with a functional CRM. I think there are a lot of great features in the program that make the use and functionality of it very good. I think there are a couple limitations on the back end but overall I would recommend this program to other users.

Pros

The candidate and task tracking along with the reporting and analytics features are the most functional and have been perfected. These are the features I have used the most.

Cons

I think there are limitations with outside integrations for various things. For testing, sourcing, etc. There are some limitations for integrations.

Response from Crelate

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for drawing attention to our reporting and analytics functionality. It is a powerful tool that we have worked hard to make relevant to the Recruiting and Staffing industry, intuitive for the user, and valuable in the running of a business.

As we continue to grow and expand our integrations, we are always looking for what our users want. If you have any suggestions, or questions, about integrations, I encourage you to visit help.crelate.com, or contact support using the help button in the app.

Barbara Z.

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

Rep. handled our migration. He was genius! Such a great analyst and made so many observations that helped me with the setup. I am shocked at how perfect the information migrated from MaxHire. It is seamless. I was worried because when I moved to MaxHire in 2009, my data was a mess! This time it is perfect. Rep. has been helping me with the onboarding and is doing a great job as well! The entire team is fantastic.

Pros

Crelate is an excellent software. I moved from MaxHire (Bullhorn) to Crelate. I looked at 4 other systems before choosing Crelate and I'm so glad I made this choice. Brittanie was so patient with me and took her time to show me benefits and features of the SW. In fact, I actually had 3 phone demos with her and she did an amazing job. All the SW vendors I looked at demoed at least 2 or 3 times before I made up my mind. I love how easily you can customize Crelate. Your own workflow, your own activities, your own special items you need to know like travel, citizenship status, relo, desired locations for relo, etc. Do yourself a favor and test drive this product; you will love it!!

Cons

The only thing I hope they add it to be able to return an email out of the system. All your emails are tracked but you can't respond to an email from the system. Otherwise....it's awesome.

Great ATS, but not a great CRM

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Overall, good experience. DOes more than most ATS. Lots of new features, but they are add-on priced.

Pros

Great for applicant tracking. Easy to publish jobs, and job history

Cons

the reminders are difficult to use. Lacks comprehensive business development CRM functionality .

Mark R.

Xtra Effort review of Crelate Software

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

Xtra Effort Solutions, Inc. is a 16 year Sales, Sales Engineering, and Customer Success recruiting firm for enterprise technology companies. We have a national reach.

The diverse nature of our client requirements make it imperative that we are agile when responding to super specific requests around candidate tenure, technical skills, industry knowledge, performance metrics, location, career stability, and countless other soft traits. Our challenge, as a contingency based search firm, is providing enough "high touch" service to satisfy each client's nuanced request, while maintaining enough velocity and volume to continuously feed the candidate and client pipeline.

A flexible, reliable, and powerful Applicant Tracking System is critical to achieve these goals. Crelate was suggested to Xtra Effort by another small recruiting firm. We were hesitant to consider change because of the fear of disruption associated with the data conversion and learning curve. However, these fears were alleviated when speaking with Crelate, mostly for two reasons:

1) Crelate's technology is intuitive, flexible, and really well designed
2) Crelate's people are SUPER responsive, thoughtful, creative, and resourceful

Crelate made Xtra Effort feel as though we were a 1000 employee prospect. They made every perceived major hurdle go away through listening and making resourceful suggestions.

We agreed to convert to Crelate and had the same favorable experience during the conversion and training period, and with the post conversion support organization.

Mostly importantly, Xtra Effort users are now offering unsolicited comments about productivity gains.

Xtra Effort would definitely suggest Crelate if you feel a need for improved value and function from your ATS technology AND vendor team. It is fantastic to truly valued as a customer by the vendor who is most critical to supporting our efforts. Contingency recruiting is challenging, it is nice to know that such an important partner cares and "has your back"

Cons

It would be great to have "required fields", forcing users to enter information on critical areas; and it would be helpful to limit users to specific pick lists, and not enable them to enter any data they want

Kathy C.

KC's 2 cents...

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

I really like it!
I find it much easier /more intuitive than our old system.
I love the tile lay-out in the Search Dashboard.
That really helps me see what I need to do and who I need to follow up with quickly.
Very happy so far!
(But still a new user.)

Pros

I love the brief video tutorials and outlines of how to do everything!
You can look up exactly what you want to do and find a 3 minute video to show you how to do it.
You don't have to listen to a 30 minute webinar.
They also have diagrams to walk you through it.
They have it broken down nicely for you.

Cons

So this could be user error (on my part)...But I do not find it easy to toggle back and forth between candidate documents. For example, I may want to have a candidate's CV open as well as their cover letter as well as the job spec notes for the position I want to discuss. I can't seem to have all three open and toggle back and forth in Crelate. I have to download each one and then do my toggling in Word.

Response from Crelate

Wow, what a rich review. Thank you.

I agree, webinars are good for big pictures, but when trying to get work done- short tutorial videos are where its at.

Your idea for having multiple documents open for viewing is a good one. I am going to see if I can task a developer to look into that for future improvement. If you have other ideas, questions, or suggestion please reach out to our Customer Success team. They are great at finding solutions and have a direct line to our Product Development team.

Renee T.

Easy up and running

Reviewed on 2016/06/15

Pros

User interface is simple to understand and user-friendly. You are able to drag and drop candidates into customizable stages on job orders, as well as quickly add notes and filter on activity. Features customizable activity types and icons. Support is available in-app, and tickets are addresses promptly by staff in the U.S. Ability to add custom tag categories and tags for skills, candidate preferences, etc. 5 customizable candidate information fields. Search is robust, and you can filter search on documents (and each customizable document type), activities, tags, etc. Job postings can be pushed to company's website as well as free industry boards. There is a companion app to retrieve/add information from mobile device. Basically for the money this is the best solution for our small business.

Cons

I really haven't come across anything I don't like. We haven't gotten into reporting capabilities so I can't comment on the effectiveness. Also I haven't been able to complete the advanced email setup for bulk messaging - there are some issues with my ISP that I'm not technical enough to resolve and support at Crelate hasn't been able to resolve either, however I haven't really pushed the matter as it's a feature I haven't needed to use.

Colin B.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Clean and intuitive UI; would like better mobile app and more customization capabilities

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Excellent. This software is night-and-day versus other recruiting softwares I've utilized.

Pros

- Very clean and organized user interface
- Highly intuitive/ easy to navigate
- Easy import capabilities (i.e. from LinkedIn, etc.)

Cons

- Limited customization (i.e. of tiles, headers, etc.)
- would like for the Mobile App to have more functionality

Francisco D.

Bestu customization ever

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

It's an excellent ATS. 9/10

Pros

The level of customization is impressive. It has PLENTY of very useful features to design the exact dashboard you need. That was the thing a really loved about Crelate.

Cons

It's not linked to any kind of technical online tests services, so that it would facilitate the integration and data transfer.
Being used for IT profiles, it's KEY during the recruitment process to evaluate technically this candidates. And we lost a lot of time attaching documents and adding notes with the tests results for example. I would work a lot on that to improve IT recruiters experience.

Response from Crelate

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that the program's customization is working out so well for you and that you are able to leverage it to your advantage.

Your suggestion of an integration to a testing service is a good one. I will pass it along to our product development team, along with the note about such an integration being a draw for IT recruiters.

We are always looking for ways to make our product more usable for our customers. If you have other suggestions, please pass them along to your account rep or our support team.

Thomas P.

Crelate Talent- BIG BANG FOR THE BUCK!

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

I was an early adopter and appreciated the opportunity to provide feedback in the early days to make the platform better. Very happy to this day!

Pros

Extremely easy to you, affordable and the customer service/support is outstanding.

Cons

Nothing that I find that I do not like. I have no complaints!

Response from Crelate

Thank you for writing this review and for being with us for all these years.

Yes! Crelate!

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Accessible platform, easy to search database, easily customization, time saving features, integrated with job boards and other browser embedded tools help us save time when recruiting for our clients.

Pros

A web based solution that is affordable allows my team to access the same information from multiple locations. This in itself makes it a much better solution for a small business like ours to be competitive in the marketplace. Additional features make everyday recruiting much more efficient. Am sooo glad I found this product!

Cons

Like all specialty platforms, it takes some learning. I learned about some features from other users. The up front training and set up was helpful, but on-going training would be really helpful. There are many videos available, but it would be nice to get regular emails from the company with topics like "did you know you could do this..."

Debra M.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

A newby using Crelate

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

It is very easy for me to send information about a contact, to an associate quickly and easily.

Pros

I started in our company, basically knowing nothing. When I was introduced to Crelate, I was somewhat intimidated but jumped in with easy. Crelate help anyone learn their way around.
I was able to begin inputting information and learned how to operate Crelate in no time!

Cons

Crelate is sometimes very slow. I have spent a lot of time waiting for the app to think.

Response from Crelate

Hi Debra - I'm Samantha from Crelate! Thanks for the nice review! We love hearing that our recruiting platform is intuitive for new users. We'd also like to learn where you aren't experiencing the fastest response from the Crelate side. Our customers constantly tell us that Crelate is the fastest ATS they've ever used, and we want the same experience for you! Please reach out to [email protected] if you have any issues and we'll be happy to help you get the speedy results you need.

Thanks again!

Natalie J.
  • Industry: Human Resources

So many useful ways to customize!

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Overall the program is great. It needs some small tweaks in the texting feature but overall it's great. I wish all users were able to delete duplicate candidates. There should also be an option when you are uploading several resumes at once, that you can deselect ones that are duplicates so you don't have to upload them again.

Pros

I love the reporting feature and how visual everything is. Seeing exactly how many candidates I have in each category is very useful. Taking notes and sending emails is extremely easy and makes my job go so much more smoothly.

Cons

Ring Central integration doesn't work that well. I constantly have to disable and re-enable to get the texts and calls to show up on the candidates profile. I am also unable to use the texting templates but I don't know why.

Tracy P.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

All ATS' are not created equally

Reviewed on 2016/10/03

It's true, all ATS' are not created equally, however, most give you the same or very similar features and functionality. That's why pricing, product support, and the relationship developed between yourself as the customer, and all of those in the sellers company that you become involved with is critical to making a buying decision! Everyone that I've had the pleasure of dealing with at Crelate has been very friendly and very helpful!!

Crelate is a great product with many cool updates still to come - very exciting!! It is very user friendly and HIGHLY customize-able (is that word?!)!! Very easy to learn and become comfortable with - and I've worked with probably 10 ATS' throughout my years of recruiting. In fact, the few times I've had questions about how to do something, it was simply "me" overthinking it and making it harder than it was! Their tech support was very quick to guide me to the right solution, and in a very friendly manner.

Pros

Easy to learn / Easy to make customization changes / Easy to import resumes / Easy to load jobs and post to your webpage directly from Crelate / Mobile access /

Cons

Currently there is no highlight feature for key words on a resume, but this is coming very soon!
Candidates and Client contacts are all listed in one group as "Contacts", they can be sorted, but they aren't kept separate.

Brian M.

Crelate-My ATS Partner

Reviewed on 2015/07/30

Pros

Ease of use, and the intuitive aspects that allow you to navigate, even if you are not sure of the next step.
If we hit a roadblock and need assistance, a quick note to the Support desk results in a timely, personal reply---and a solution.

Most other ATS resources are more expensive, and they require a long term commitment. Crelate is very well priced, and for a small firm like ours, allows us to make monthly payments, and if necessary, flex up or down the number of users, as often as necessary.

Cons

Because the site "anticipates" your needs, it sometimes gets ahead of itself, requiring the user to make corrections. Example---when entering notes after a conversation, if you type a key word or phrase, you can experience unwanted text popping up and appearing in your notes, requiring corrections be made.

Brian C.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

My experience has been up and down with the software.

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Keeping a database of candidates, tracking flow of each candidate through the hiring process, tracking notes of conversations.

Pros

- Easy to use and maneuver around
- Parsing candidates resumes over from their resume formats almost perfectly into the ATS
- Using the software on my mobile phone while I'm out is very easy to pull up quick notes and add attachments
- Cost of the ATS compared to others and still getting a quality product
- Customer Support getting back to you in less than 24 hours

Cons

- Not able to use one centralized system for emailing and receiving emails as I had with Bullhorn
- Not being able to create hierarchy charts or flow of who reports to whom
- International phone numbers or locations are not defined in the ATS

Connie T.

Using Crelate

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

At first, we were having difficulties adding our 'ownership' name to an existing candidate. We have solved that problem. For the most part, Crelate has been easy to use and flows well.

Pros

I like being able to email candidates directly from Crelate so that we can track communication. I also like the ease in submitting candidates for presentation. Very simple process.

Cons

When I submit a candidate into the system and it happens to be a duplicate that was submitted by a different recruiter, it is difficult to find the date the other recruiter submitted. We have a four business day rule whereas we can contact a candidate after 4 days if the other recruiter has not followed up. Finding the original date or subsequent 'dates', are difficult to find.

Response from Crelate

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and to share your experience using Crelate Talent.

There are a few ways to view a submitted date. If you reach out to our support team, 443-569-8262 Ext. 2 or [email protected], they will be able to help you find the solution that is best for you.

My guess, a submittal report will be the best solution. It allows you to track the submission dates in an easy to read visual chart (sadly, I cannot attach images to this response).

Vanessa K.

Overall I have had a great experience with Crelate but a few items can still be improved upon.

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

This has made tracking our progress easier but we are still trying to build it out due to there being SO many functions.

Pros

Ease of use on most functions. There are ways to mainstream the process or automate items so that makes my life easier.

Cons

There are SO many items that you can manipulate and change that it almost gets overwhelming. I also dislike that sometimes the "self-help" articles that are on their help website either don't work, don't make sense or I can't find one for the exact item I am working on. This then means that I have to wait to speak with a rep. I dislike that I can't get my answers answered immediately. This system takes awhile to build out!

Laura W.
  • Industry: Investment Management

Big fan of Crelate!

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

The team is responsive and receptive to ideas and feedback. The product has everything I need without being overly complex.

Pros

Crelate is thoughtfully designed. I most like the user interface, ability to easily search contacts and add them to lists for future reference.

Cons

It would be nice to easily parse additional documents to contacts directly from email without the step of forwarding to an email address.

Kyle B.

Crelate Positive Review

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Pros

I love how organized and simple the software is. It allows you to keep track of every detail and remain thorough in our process.

Cons

I don't like that some items don't get transferred from email and also text. I do not like the bulk texting option because it does not come from my work number, but a single number so it makes it hard for candidates to decipher who their recruiter is.

Response from Crelate

Always wonderful to hear that Crelate helps keep people organized and thorough. I know when I can do both of those, I am more efficient.
I certainly see how the bulk texting number can be frustrating. I will make sure to share the desire for separate numbers with our team.

Boo Z.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Crelate saves me time but still needs some fine tuning

Reviewed on 2017/04/21

General: Best part is the customer service team. They are super helpful and patient. And, they are willing to take our comments and feedback to the developers. For the most part I like the software and I think I'll like it more as I grow more accustomed to it.

Pros

I have a boutique domestic help recruiting firm. Crelate helps keep us organized so that my partner and I can tag-team on our searches, and stay on the same page all the time. I love that we can use it from our phones or computers. I love that we can store all our data in their, work flow, status of each search, each candidate, each client at any moment.

Cons

There are a lot of limitations I'm hoping Crelate will work through. I still have to use a lot of other external documents. I am still learning how to use the software. Some of it is intuitive, some of it is confusing and hard to learn. And sometimes things don't work as they should. But the developers and customer service team works with us every day to crank through it. We are new users and almost 'humming'.

Brian A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Good but many limitations

Reviewed on 2019/02/23

No benefits over previous CRM. Customer service was an EXTREME challenge. Emails go unanswered. Overall, I would not choose Crelate again. As we grow, we will actively look to leave.

Pros

Software helps organize large amounts of data

Cons

Many items are not intuitive. WAY too many glitches. MANY items not as sold to us. Struggled getting set up. Customer service is really poor. Only works through desktop, doesn't work on iPad or phone, so worthless on the go. Continuous review of contacts is needed to catch errors.

Response from Crelate

Hi Brian -

I'm Samantha from Crelate. Thanks for the feedback! It helps make us better. I'm happy to inform you that we recently launched a Crelate Connector mobile recruiting app that allows for:

1. Client and candidate engagement (calling, emailing, and texting)
2. Access to your entire recruiting database on the go
3. Scheduling of activities with candidates such as follow-ups, interviews, and phone screens
4. Viewing and modifying candidate applications, contacts, job opportunities, resumes, and notes associated to each account record

We work really hard to be the most supportive ATS and I'm sorry if that wasn't your experience. We'd love to redeem ourselves! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with your questions/challenges and we'll be happy to help you!

Thanks!

Crelate for ATS

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

I liked the way we enter a candidate and tag them to ourselves, so even if another recruiter helps them find a job, we get a part of the commission because they are tagged as our candidate.

Cons

Sometimes more than one recruiter would enter the same candidate, and it would slip through because the name and contact info were not typed/spelled the exact same way - so the system thought it was a different person.

Rachel M.

Intuitive ATS

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

We have been able to build an effective talent pipeline and manage it efficiently, while easily collaborating as a team.

Pros

The search function is fairly simple, I love the Crelate plug-in that allows you to import directly from LinkedIn, it's easy to collaborate, I love how it syncs with other platforms you're using (i.e. email, calendar, etc.)

Cons

I wish that tags were a required field when importing/creating a new contact, I wish that there was an easier way to sort a search that you do (i.e. color-code those in the search based on associated actions).