truDigital Signage

Digital Signage Software

Lars L.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Easy to use, fun to set up.

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

Our terminals are getting up to date weather, traffic and transport news with RSS feeds.

Pros

The customizable templates such as Corkboards and HTML 5 Templates are a must have in our industry. The plug and play device is easy to set up and building playlists is fun and easy to learn.

Cons

Need more apps/options for News and Maps.

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello Lars,

Thanks for your glowing review! We're glad to hear you're enjoying truDigital. We certainly appreciate your feedback since we're always looking to make improvements. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions in the future!

Jacob K.

truDigital rocks

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

We needed a way to improve our visibility/culture across teams while simultaneously driving visibility and accountability through strategic KPIs to measure the health of business units/teams. I personally reviewed ~20 digital signage solutions and truDigital was the clear and obvious winner. They hit on all of our requirements and their customer service really won us over. Anytime we had a question or needed help they responded within minutes. On one occasion they actually went and built a new feature to support our request. We needed a way to use the PowerBI app to display our dashboards without giving the user the ability to "share" it (default footer in the PowerBI app). They solved the issue in ~2 weeks by figuring out how to hide the footer.

In our new reality outside of the office, culture and accountability is more important than ever. We are using our truDigital digital signage to keep everyone up to date with new employees/promotions, announcements, cultural call-outs, real-time KPIs, and much more. I am so glad that we choose truDigital, because as times are changing I have full confidence that they are coming up with new ways to leverage digital signage outside of the traditional method using TV's in the office.

Pros

Easy to use, user friendly, TONS of built in content apps, supports different channels/playlists, ability to embed in intranet, awesome templates included, ability to create custom templates, PowerBI app, awesome customer service.

Cons

There really isn't anything to not like. It's a simple solution to solve our digital signage needs.

Response from truDigital Signage

Jacob, thank you for the awesome review! We are happy you found truDigital and are thrilled to have ChemPoint as a valued customer.

Blair S.

Let the experts do the work, you will be so glad you did!!

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

Having the capability to load sound bites with video were key for us!! It helped us "up our game" in selling our product with a personalized touch. We used our own branding and testimonies from happy clients on the signage. We were able to boost morale by honoring our people using employee of the month slide with a short write up and photo!!

Pros

The features on this software make it user friendly! The costumer support and training were the best part of my experience. Our signage was up and running within days of purchasing this software. We were able to customize the digital screens in our lobby and reception area with daily updates with three clicks. You can update and change anything remotely, you don't have to be at work!! The preloaded images to chose from along with the advice from our truDigital guy made this a complete Home Run!!!

Cons

To be honest, if I had a do over, I would make at least 3 fellow employees sit in on the training set-up call. It is just smart business to have more then one person fully trained on something so vital to your company.

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello Blair,

Thank you for your stellar review! We're glad to hear you've enjoyed so much about truDigital. We offer unlimited training, so if you'd like your fellow employees to get trained on the software, contact us at [email protected] or call 801-852-9898 to set that up. Thanks again for your comments!

Aileen W.

First impressions

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

We use truDigital to communicate school information to our student population. We have monitors in the main office and in the Student Commons.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the finished product. It looks very nice up on our monitors. I like the parts that I do not have to manipulate, like the clock, weather and holidays.

I want give a to shout out to your customer assistance crew. I had a problem a while back with the display not uploading. Through an online chat, we were able to troubleshoot and get it back online.

Cons

1. I do not like how the templates like the Birthday and Upcoming events make you click and type, click and type, into each box. It takes forever to fill and you can't cut and paste. If you miss one name or date, you have to wipe everything out and retype it all. I wish I could use the templates, because I like some of the animated ones, but they are not user friendly.
Because of this, I have taken to creating my own slides in Powerpoint and uploading them into a TruDigital slideshow template. This is so time consuming, and when you create a Powerpoint slide, none of the animations carry over into Tru-Digital.
2. I do not like the Integration QuoteFancy template. You cannot choose a different quote each day from the same author. If you choose five quotes or 20 quotes, you will still get the same first quotes. Maybe I want quote #35 - sorry, you can't choose it.
3. What I especially don't like is that all of your content is geared mainly toward business and nothing toward education. I work in a middle school so I need content that will engage my younger audience.
4. Some of the templates look great, like the Employee of the Month template called Employee Animated2, for example. I wish I could take it and change the title to something like Turkey Trot Winner and put a student's picture in it, but there is no option to change the title. This is just one example of how the majority of your content is unusable for us.

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello Aileen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to know you enjoy the finished product and various templates and integrations like weather, holidays, and clock. We appreciate your valuable feedback and would love to discuss your suggestions further so we can make plans for improvements. Feel free to message me at [email protected] and we can go over details.

Michelle M.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Our display is clean and simple, which is how our brand likes us to display our advertising. truDigital is easy to use.

Pros

I like the clean look, ease of use and features provided by truDigital.

Cons

It was interesting that I needed to go outside of the software to create slides in Google Slides. At first I thought this was a hassle, however, since then I've mastered the process. It's not bad. One thing I'm disappointed in is that the YMCA font is Cachet and Cachet is not available in Google Slides. We lose our look a bit by not using it.

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for your stellar review! We're thrilled to hear you like the clean look and ease of use of truDigital. We're sorry to hear the Cachet font isn't available in Google Slides. I did notice that the fonts "Jaldi" and "Asap", which resemble Cachet, are available on Google Slides and might be worth trying out (if you haven't already).

Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or call 801-852-9898 if you have any questions. Thanks again for your review!

Ron P.

The good and the bad

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

We have multiple offices all around the world and the deployment and setup in different countries is some what a chore. If an update is pushed it takes for ever sometimes. The price factor and size makes this a good option for certain company needs.

Pros

The cost is low for implementing a digital signage solution. The support and service has been very good.

Cons

I have to have a person physically reboot or restart a device weekly. I am constantly having to monitor the status of these players on a daily basis as they tend to drop off the network. It takes 15 to 20 minutes to update the players when a new slide is pushed. At least once a day I get a call from someone notifying me that the device rebooted randomly and the device menu is showing sometimes up to 3 or more minutes.

Response from truDigital Signage

Hi Ron,

Thanks for leaving us a review. We're glad to hear you enjoy our support and service. We want to ensure you have the best experience possible. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at [email protected] or give us a call at 801-852-9898.

Nina H.

The Missing Link

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Pros

The ability to communication with end-users is the overall goal. truDigital has allowed my organization to exceed this goal by milestones! It is so effortless to use the tools to create content that is witty, relevant and necessary. Even when time is not of the essence and last minute things need to be communicated, truDigital always has our back! Thank you!!

Cons

I wish there was an app for me to remotely access and make changes as necessary.

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello Nina,

We're glad to have your back! Thanks for taking the time to write a stellar review for us. We're so happy to hear you've been enjoying your experience with truDigital. We also appreciate the suggestion regarding an app, as we're always looking for ways to expand our offerings.

Thanks again Nina,

Bethany T.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Part of the team

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

excellent. super happy our landlord had us work with the.

Pros

We have been so happy with the software ease of use and the ability of our account manager to help us quickly and communicate effectively. We feel like he's another member of our company rather than a third party. They deliver exactly as promised so quickly. Great design work too

Cons

Occasionally my router box times out and i have to get back behind the tv to reset it, but its peobably just a little outdated

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello Bethany!

Thank you for the amazing review! We're thrilled to know you're having an excellent experience with us.

If you ever have questions with your device, feel free to contact our support team at [email protected] or give us a call at 801-852-9898.

Thanks again!

Thomas B.
  • Industry: Furniture

Seems more complicated than it has to be

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Pros

Screens looked good once completed. We were able to keep slides and schedule them pretty easily

Cons

No choice of fonts, text color, and few choices of text size .
updating menu on the fly is difficult, waiting 5 minutes or more for a system refresh.
Seems like a lot of extra steps involved. All we want to do is write a menu for the day and post it.

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad that your screens look good and that you can schedule them easily. We also appreciate your feedback, as we're always looking for ways to improve our platform. Please contact us at [email protected] or call 801-852-9898 so we can look into making your process more simple.

Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

truDigital is truLy awesome!

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Pros

The customer service rep we used during the selection process was a phenomenal communicator and also trained us on the product. When we onboard new employees to the marketing team and they need a crash course on usage, they are always accommodating and responsive. Set-up is extremely fast and simple.

Cons

Some of the modules could use a little modernization but I would call on third parties to catch up to how the tool is used.

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello,

Thank you for your awesome review! We're so glad to know you're enjoying your experience with truDigital. We appreciate your comments and feedback. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Jerrad S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Worth Every Penny!!!

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

I began using truDigital through our relationship with the NAPA AutoCare Program several years ago & thought it did a great job showcasing our business. When I had the opportunity to do the same thing at my church, I couldn't think of a better company to partner with for similar content. The company has been awesome to work with & we truly believe that we're a better place for having it.

Pros

We have been using the truDigital software through the church since mid summer. Since installing the monitors & implementing it, we have received tons of comments about the new "signage." It's mostly that it's such a big difference having two large displays showing different content (we use one for general information, announcements, etc. & one for volunteer team showcasing & needs awareness. The signage looks amazing & is super easy for new users to learn.

Cons

I still wish there was more customization when it comes to slides. Either being able to completely build our own from scratch or more options.

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello Jerrad,

Thank you for your amazing review! We're glad to hear you enjoy using truDigital for displays at your church. We also appreciate your feedback, as we're continuously working to make improvements. If you have any questions or suggestions in the future, feel free to message us at [email protected] or give us a call at 801-852-9898.

Aaron H.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

Events have had a great response when using the software as we can create temporary infographics and then return to our usual flair.

Pros

Personal integrations are wonderful. the video features have been used by us for many years and the little things like Holidays and Weather are such a plus.

Cons

There really are no drawbacks. If you are looking for specific customizations, you have the ability to upload photos.

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for your amazing review! We're so glad to see you're enjoying truDigital. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions in the future.

Lucho T.

TruDigital Great Digital Signage Option

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

We use TruDigital for Help Desk Sinage in three different locations. Its great and easy to use. Customer support has always been 100%

Pros

Customer support has always been great and very quick to reply with a solution.

Cons

When your managing your playlist theres no thumbnail image of that slide. You have to click on preview to see whats on the specific slide. I have summited a feature request (my First), lets see if they add it to the next version.

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello Lucho,

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you've had a great experience with our support team. Thank you for your feedback and for your feature request; we're always striving to improve.

Feel free to message us at [email protected] or give us a call at 801-852-9898 if you have any questions.

Thanks again for your thoughts,

Bill G.

GREAT system for digital announcement screens.

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

This system has perfectly met our need for multiple users to post announcements on screens on our campus.

Pros

Very easy to use and versatile for the very reasonable price. Most importantly, all cloud based and can be accessed by PC and Mac in our organization. We looked at several systems (and even bought and canceled one) before choosing TruDigital. Sadly, this review would not let me give them TEN stars for customer service. I highly recommend them!

Cons

Can run a little slow if you clog it up with too much content or files. I'd like to see them expand our capability in that way a little bit.

Matt L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Good for Beginners

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

It’s good to display basic info but it doesn’t like having a large message displayed.

Pros

Basic and simple to use. Good for smaller & simpler playlists.

Cons

Sometimes difficult with working with videos in playlists. Transitions are pixelated and not smooth.

Response from truDigital Signage

Hi Matt,

Thank you for leaving us a review. We want to make sure you're always getting the most out of your digital signage. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at [email protected] or give us a call at 801-852-9898.

Michael Peine - Marketing Man

Roxanne S.

Great RE Promotional Tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

It's been a good application for our Home communities.

Pros

Extremely user friendly. It's used in our Tour Center and Model Homes to promote lot releases, incentives and lifestyle community events.

Cons

Difficult to upload videos - limited in size

Response from truDigital Signage

Hi Roxanne,

Thank you for your amazing review! We're glad you're enjoying using truDigital for promotions and events. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at [email protected] or give us a call at 801-852-9898.

Joseph M.

Interspec Media Review

Reviewed on 2016/06/22

We first reached out to TruDigital during the research phase of our business and were very surprised by the level of service and customization we received. Cameron in particular has given us the one on one attention we couldn't find anywhere else. He was responsible for figuring out the proper path (API) for our integration with your software and kept us up to date every step of the way. Every time we reach out Cameron gets back to us in a prompt manner, and is always patient and helpful. We're more than happy with the service and product your company provides.

Pros

Customization, ease of use, cost.

Cons

Sometimes it can be finicky about what it wants to be compatible with.

Nathan U.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Review for Westmont College Dining Commons

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

We are using truDigital for menu & announcement screens throughout our dining program at Westmont College run by Sodexo. Great devices and hardware & great support!

Pros

Ease of use and cost make this software a great value!

Cons

Integration with programs that don't have additional license fees could improve

Response from truDigital Signage

Hi Nathan,

We greatly appreciate your review, so thanks for taking the time! We're also happy to know you're getting great value from truDigital. We're continually working on adding new integrations, so stay tuned. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at [email protected] or give us a call at 801-852-9898.

Best,

Abigail R.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

TruDigital For Dental

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Pros

I like the fact that it can easily be changed and, as long as the connection is good, will update quickly as well!

Cons

I wish you could implement changes for all devices in one swoop! We have a box in each of our 23 offices and many of the TVs look the same so being able to change all at once rather than individually would be nice

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello Abigail,

Thank you for leaving us a review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying truDigital.

We have a feature called "Slipstream" that will allow you to implement changes to all your devices at once. Also, if you're planning to have the same content on various screens, we can assign multiple devices to the same playlist.

Please reach out to our support team at [email protected] or give us a call at 801-852-9898 so we can discuss details with you.

Richard T.
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

rich thompson

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

great. looked at a few packages and this one was the winner hands down

Pros

ease of use for the end users. they have no issues administrating it at all

Cons

nothing. the software is great. we have no issues at all.

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello Rich,

Thank you for leaving a review for us! We're glad to hear you enjoy the ease of use and that you haven't had any issues!

• Industry: Machinery

Easy and impeccable uptime

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Really easy to set up once we have a review with our account manager.

Pros

It is so easy for us to use. We use it to display really broad items like the weather, company birthdays or to welcome visitors.

Cons

It does not always work well with all internet pages, for instance we use Smartsheet, and it does not display all that great on the display.

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello,

Thank you for your amazing review! We're happy to hear you enjoy the ease of use of truDigital. We also appreciate your feedback, as we're continually looking to make improvements to our integrations. Thanks again for the review!

Donna B.
  • Industry: Warehousing

truDigital Signage review

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Great, it's a great way to communication important information to our employees very quickly.

Pros

It's very user friendly and fairly quick.

Cons

There are a few times when the system stops working (not often) and I have to have our IT department reset the CCTV. (but doesn't happy often)

James H.
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great customer service. It is very easy to get in touch with both sales and service.

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

The ability to broadcast a creative and consistent message throughout the company.

Pros

This software makes it easy to broadcast consistent messages throughout the company regardless of your department. It is easy to use colorful and easily configurable.

Cons

The learning curve took a while but once I used it, made a few mistakes, and called support I have been able to become a super user.

Does the job

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Pros

What I enjoy most about the software, is how easy it is to manage your files. I can chose which playlists which files appear in, and easily update certain sites. It's perfect for constantly changing playlists and images. Easy to control and keep track of exactly what you want.

Cons

Connectivity, and buffer times. There are many times I need to close my browser in order to make an progress. Sometimes a change only will save if I make sure the browser is completely closed and try it all over again. Which is not terrible, because of the way the file manager allows you to store files.

Also I have issues using remote support options. I've never successfully rebooted a player from my software portal...

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello,

We appreciate your review! Thanks for your comments and feedback. If you have any questions for us, feel free to reach us at [email protected] or give us a call at 801-852-9898. We want to make sure you're having the best experience possible with truDigital.

Cameron H.

TruDigitial Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Pros

The software is very simple to use. We asked for a custom template to be built and it has helped us convey important messages more efficiently to our tenants. The biggest help is the reduction to mailings

Cons

The box doesn't have screw holes for mounting onto the wall. Our tv is mounted so we had to balance it on the tv mount

Response from truDigital Signage

Hello Cameron,

Thank you for your amazing review! We're glad truDigital has been easy to use and effective for you. If you're looking for an alternative to balancing the device on the tv mount, you might want to try using velcro or zip ties, as I know some of our customers have found those methods useful. Thanks again for your review.