SessionCam

Industry: Retail
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Backbone of Digital Operations and UX analysis

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Overall we have had a good experience with both the software, account team and consultancy services

Pros

Ease of use built for surfacing actionable insights.
Always improving new features for customers from feedback
Easy to implement and maintain
Surfacing opportunities by technology segments - very handy!

Cons

Can only record percentage of traffic to manage cost however the new service model coming early 2019 will resolve this.
Cannot do user management yourself - need to request via account manager - which is very fast BTW.

Matthew K.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great tool for seeing how people use your website

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Great tool and great people to work with. They are always willing to help you out and willing to listen to new ideas and changes that would be good additions to Sessioncam.

Pros

The Funnels are great for understand customer journeys. The Errors area is great for finding where your messaging is not working and the Heatmaps help you to understand what works where.

Cons

I cannot customise my homepage to give me a view of what I want to see so have to go looking each time I log in. Not a major problem for me but new users would find it a little hard to start with.

Industry: Food & Beverages

A mid level session replay tool

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/12/09

We needs a more affordable session replay tool and SessionCam did not disappoint us there, however, I think there are more advanced tools out there with easier to digest reporting.

Pros

SessionCam was pretty decent at session replay with some heat-mapping and conversion funnel abilities as well.

Cons

What I liked lease about the tool is that it felt semi basic. I think that TeaLeaf has better reporting capabilities (specifically around summarizing customer errors).

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Stephen R.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Replay at it's best - However some features need an element of finesse

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

I've had some challengers in the past with support, however over the last 3-6 months I've seen the service levels greatly improve.
Our new account manager is doing a great job of offering services and being very proactive in addressing issues. Well done.

Pros

The session replay on sessionCam is outstanding. From all suppliers in this field SessionCam still tops.
Good array of features available in the console. We use Alerts to facilitate basket abandonment and heatmaps for static pages.

Cons

Split sessions - Known issue with Safari browsers, I've raised this before and been told nothing can be done. I've recently been working with DoubleClick and AWIN to add sitewide code snippets to address this issue for their tags.

SessionCam recorder using an of date jQuery library - flagged by our Information Security as risk.

Kerry B.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

We use SessionCam to optimize and improve our website.

Pros

Watching recordings of users on my website and seeing where they struggle the most.
The error reporting and form analytics are really useful too.

Cons

There was nothing is disliked about this software.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Helpful tool for efficiently finding user and website insights

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/05/31

Efficiently find usability issues within your site.

They have great communications and relationships with their customers of the tool.

Pros

Efficiency: The tool is always geared around surfacing the important session recordings to watch. No longer will you need to watch through all recordings. The dashboard is also helpful.

Cons

Only a minor thing- sometimes heatmaps take a little while to load. Heatmaps aren't a primary feature of the tool, so this isn't a big deal. The primary features, like session review, always work well.