2Checkout

Online payment processing and billing platform

Mark B.

Great Billing Recurring Billing Solution

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

We were able to increase our revenue over time, up to 30%+, which was great, and continues to be.

Pros

Ease of use of desktop and mobile. Will process the grand majority of transactions and have never really given us any issues to this day.

My preferred e-commerce platform provider!

Reviewed on 2017/11/21

Great ROI and configuration capabilities.

Pros

Avangate provides incredibly finite control over products, pricing and promotions. The platform is highly configurable.

Cons

With power comes complexity. The left sidebar menu interface is a little overloaded and could use a simpler re-implementation.

Decent product, does what we needed.

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Pros

It’s easy to set up, and allows us to enable subscription based offerings on our social networks with a robust platform that the current script didn’t support.

Cons

The support is a bit slower than some others I’ve tried, but overall, still not tealky a con as much as something to be aware of.

Juri S.

Very stable and reliable e-commerce

Reviewed on 2016/08/12

We use Avangate for many years, recommend it to other people, etc. No problems with it, very professional and comfortable for use. Good support, stable payments.

Michael M.

Solid

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Slowly getting the feel of it. Better inline plugin required for Wordpress but so far so good. I like the sales report system and customer care is much more helpful once you're approved than during application.

Pros

Easy checkout, concise sales reports and clear payment dates. The payoneer card integration is really great as well. The Google authenticator 2 factor login also makes me feel secure regarding access to my dashboard and funds.

Cons

The rigorous application process is lengthy and frustrating. Building a successful business online is very difficult and the last thing you want to feel as an Entrepreneur is to be subjected to scrutiny that makes you feel like you're a criminal when you just want to do business the right way. They need to make it more fluid and customer centred.

Topu P.

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Pros

I like their automatic billing process ,

Cons

On dashboad i did not get any instant chat support regarding to my queries, you should add instant chat option for account holder

• Industry: Telecommunications

I'm mostly satisfied and will keep using Avangate

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Pros

So far the service was very reliable. Flexible fulfillment options, flexible configuration. I recommend it to others.

Cons

Withdrawal options are very not flexible. I wish Avangate would allow multiple withdrawal ways adjustable on-the-fly.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Basically the only choice for non-USA and non-Europe world.

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

This service just does what is has to do, it is production ready and completely. Would I choose it again for another product? Yes, I would.

Pros

Awesome country support, completeness of product. Detailed info about and full control of payments and subscriptions.

Cons

Development process is not that smooth, not that easy to get started with, a lot of work is on developer.

Sneza S.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great and reliable service

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

Very pleasant experience of a timely, professional and reliable service.

Pros

As I was on the receiving end of a refund from another company, and also physically on another world continent, I've found 2Checkout's support and intermediate service VERY valuable and reliable.
Everything processed in a timely manner with great follow up from their customer support.

Cons

No cons in my experience. They kindly explained me the process and then proceeded with actualizing it.
No hiccups. :)

Zach Y.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Not my best choice

Reviewed on 2018/02/20

Pros

The service works and is easy to get started with.
Interface seems nice with good design and button to play with

Cons

Very poor customer service and support
The advertised phone numbers are invalid, and there is no online chat or support

Response from 2Checkout.com

Hello! Thanks for your honest feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for additional help. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Dilraj S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Very efficient and customizable payment solution

Reviewed on 2020/02/23

Overall, its a great tool for managing your financial systems and for integrating it according to your different requirements with customer support always helping you for getting the job done.

Pros

Great software for online payment systems. It can be customized according to your payment requirements and support multiple payment systems and currencies.

Cons

There can be a steep curve for learning how to implement it with your system, but the documentation and customer support gets you over the curve.

Ricardo S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

My experiencia

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

I've installed a newsletter with paid subscribers. 2checkout worked fine, it satisfied all my needings

Pros

It wasn't easy to find a provider for subscription. I tried other services, but 2checkout offers all I wanted.

Cons

The financial information is given in many currencies. I would prefer to see all the data in dollars.

Response from 2Checkout.com

Hello, Ricardo!
Thank you a lot for your review! We are happy you are enjoying our platform and services and we are grateful you took the time to give us feedback.

Most of the reports display an amount in a default currency which you can actually convert to your currency of choice. To learn more about this, please refer to this article -

Thank you for your understanding! If further questions arise, you can always reach out to us at [email protected]

Juliana M.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

The Improved 2Checkout Platform Brought Flexibility to Receive Payments

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

The 2Checkout Payments Platform enables us to exploit its profound involvement in online payment solutions. One of the best solutions for E-commerce, it supports multiple payment methods and has high end security protection. Also the service and support provided is incredible, all our needs are fulfilled. The platform gave us the flexibility that we needed.

Pros

Flexibility, multiple payment methods supported, multiple currency support, great management tools.

Cons

A little tricky to implement, you need to have a team with previous training.

Thea E.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Ease of use and implementation for a payment gateway

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Pros

I used 2Checkout to function together with Shopify. The speed of integrating the 2 is fast and seamless. I didn't have to worry about the security, or if I did the right thing. It also has a sleek design that the people paying over the gateway feels that the payment gateway is trustworthy, and they can put their credit card information in without fear.

Cons

The payment scheme is quite strange. I didn't like that you need to bulk the amount before you can withdraw. I also think that the cut that they make is quite large for international organizations.

Avangate Review

Reviewed on 2016/06/24

I have been using Avangate as the primary payment processing company for my online software sales for the past 4 years and have to say that I'm very pleased with them.

Their service is competivitley priced and they are very responsive to any queries I ( or my customers ) may have with them.

They are also prompt and reliable payers and have always settled my invoices with them on time.

Pros

Good pricing.
Good range of payment options.
Great customer service ( both for myself as a customer and my customers who purchase through them )
Deal with tax complexities such as VAT allowing me to focus on developing and selling my software.

Cons

Not many.

Their website / application is looking a little bit old. It's functional but a little bit dated.

Usman S.

Satisfied User for almost 6+ years

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

Pros

Easy to setup and manage
I have found 2CO very reliable during this time

Cons

The only con for me is the high percentage that I have been paying.

Adolph Z.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

The best payment provider

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Pros

As a lebanese i struggle to get a payment provider 2checkout has helped me a lot in my dropshipping business and never let me down thank you

Cons

The withdraw option should be valid at anytime we need to withdraw but its ok now

Tammy A.

Absolute Lo Jack

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

For the price You can't beat it!

Pros

Avangate's Absolute Lo Jack software helps to track your laptop (or other devices) by simply downloading their software on the device. How convenient is this?!

Cons

If the device is turned off I think the software stops tracking it, so if they do not turn on I still can't locate my device.

Thomas L.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Seems like a dodgy company, bad support

Reviewed on 2020/01/26

Pros

nothing so far good to say. Because a Wordpress Plugin provider opted to use their payment methods, I came across a dodgy tax situation.

Cons

Had a business question in relating to how they add taxes to orders between European countries. They shouldn't, but still do. Their customer service did not answer my question nor my follow up questions. Seems like a very dodgy company that needs to be IRS investigated.

Maja F.

2Checkout is the BEST!

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

Pros

It was the easiest product to use. Implementing products, changing prices all at once, and implemented the Invoice part is the best thing that they can do.

Cons

I like least that we can not use the software for all our business, but we need to have different accounts for every business that we have.

Adnan U.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Other for 2+ years

2Checkout

Reviewed on 2021/02/01

We have a great experience with 2checkout. The support is also excellent

Pros

It's very easy to create a product and manage its pricing.

Cons

They don't allow to change the bank easily for payment transfers and more than one bank is also not allowed.

Ateeq R.

2Checkout Helps us to receive international payments

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

I am happy and i am going to rely on them more i even have developed special products to work with 2Checkout API and its easy for me to receive payments and sell my products all around world.

Pros

It is very easy to receive payments all around the world. The most good part the people who want to pay through Paypal they are always happy to see paypal payment option with 2Checkout. Their all type of payment options are great.

Cons

They are little expensive but its part of business as per the service they provide.

Arslan U.

One of the easiest payment gateway to get going

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

My so far experience with 2checkout is very smooth and good. I would definitely recommend this to others as well.

Pros

One thing that I liked the most about them is that it offers the simplest, easiest, and quickest onboarding process.

Cons

there woo commerce integration doesn't offer subscription support.

Adil S.

Awesome Service

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

2Checkout is the best in the industry and believe me they provide such a user-friendly support that I cannot even think of switching to any other service.

Pros

I have been using 2checkout services for 10 years and found it one of the best in the industry. The customer support is awesome. The online support agents instantly resolve the issue and even email queries are addressed within 1 hour.

Cons

Very convenient, easy to set up and integrate and there are no signup charges.

Lyubomir D.

the Avangate system is a very flexible one.

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Pros

The automatic calculation of all taxes like VAT in different countries around the world is very impressive.

Cons

Responds to customer support tickets are very slow. Once the ticket is submitted it takes at least few days to review by Avangate team.