2Checkout

Online payment processing and billing platform

4,2
4,1
4,2
3,8
Teya B.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

You gotta fight if you want to work with them

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/12/26

I'd say my experience is more bitter than sweet. If it wasn't for the savings I am making, I would never choose them over Paypal, who care far better about their customers.

Pros

In some contries across the ocean 2checkout is the more budget friendly alternative.
I like their inlice checkout function which basically allows the customer to see a simple popup with " Enter your card details", instead of going through long and complicated sign in process. Oh, and there is of course the fuction to pay with Paypal, which some customers prrfer.
I feel that this really gives sales a huge boost.

Cons

It takes months to be approved and become a partner of 2checkout. In some contries you get a bank loan more easily! The worst part it that if you are not approved, you will not know why. They will never tell you!They rejected my website twice without informing me the reasons behind their decision. When I reached out SEVERAL TIMES to ask what the problem was, their support was kind enough to reply after a whole week. The issue in my case was A SINGLE WORD that they didn't like in the header of my website, so they rejected the application without even trying to check if I would be willing to change this single word.

I have to say also that the support is not empathetic at all. As their partner you will be giving them money - % from your sales. Insted of treating you kind and nice for this, they make you feel like you're begging them to work together. There is this tone of arrogance in the emails of the support that I didn't like at all.

Ahmed O.
Industry: Computer Software

Powerful and customizable e-commerce platform that help you succeed

Reviewed on 2017/11/23

Pros

With a powerful set of tools, Avangate really helps ISV and Micro-ISV to sell products and reach more markets. By utilizing a large network of affiliates, extensive detailed reports, promotions, A/B testing and lead management tools and customizable carts and email templates you can sell more and understand your business and users. Avangate offers extensive set of API which enables you to automate every aspect of the purchasing process. Support team of Avangate is knowledgeable and offers fast and reliable assistance.

Cons

Complicated and not-mobile friendly control panel that make the products setup and utilizing other tools difficult.

Difficult to customize shopping carts with the lack of documentation to help build custom store using API

Response from Avangate

Dear Ahmed, thank you so much for your feedback.
I have some good news: we are revamping our Control Panel and the beta version will be released very soon in December - stay tuned.
As for the comment on the shopping cart, I will ask the technical support team to get in touch and discuss your needs to be able to make some concrete suggestions. Goes without saying that you can reach out to supportplus @ avangate.com anytime with any setup or technical questions.

Martín M.
Industry: Internet
Company size: Self Employed

The most painful authorization process. There is TOO MUCH support that gives you NO SUPPORT at all

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/09/08

Painful authorization process.

Pros

Once you have been authorized to use it, you have many options to configure and the checkout pages are quite nice.

Cons

The most painful authorization process with the most ridiculous rules, when you write to support there can be three or four different people answering in the same thread, and it seems you never get an answer. I had to threaten to abandon the thing entirely so that they would finally help me step over some ridiculous obstacle of their own making. Its almost as if they dont really want you to use their service.

They put stupid limitations like you have to give them ONE url from which the purchases will come. So what if I have two subdomains?

Then to set it up you have to really put yourself into the documentation and figure things out by yourself, like using the signing service for checkout arguments. It's really vital to their company yet it is quite cryptic to understand.

Also, I finally couldnt use it because it didnt allow me to withdraw to a US or EU bank account, rather it forced me to withdraw to my own country's bank account, which is a no go in the moment.

Response from 2Checkout.com

Hello! Thanks for your honest feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to review our platform and services, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are taking the satisfaction of our customers very seriously and we are sorry if we did not live up to your expectations.

For further information, please feel free to reach out directly at [email protected] Looking forward to hearing from you!

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Dmitry M.

Good support, outdated UI

Reviewed on 2017/11/22

Pros

Platform support is really good and they really take care about each request. They have huge number of options but sometimes it is hard to tune them in the right way as they are quite messy.

Cons

We are using platform for more than 2 years now and missing the critical feature to allow us passing discount information from our site to the platform without entering it in Avangate cPanel.

We also were trying to set up subscriptions for our products but lost in options. 20-30 connected with each other features made it impossible to set up without a good knowledge of how do they work. Platform developers made it over complicated.

Commission rate is 5-8% that is quite high. Administration UI is old - coded in early 2000 and requires a good product manager to be sorted out and redeveloped.

Dmitry K.

Avangate

Reviewed on 2016/08/17

Been using Avangate as our primary payment processor for 6+ years with literally no problems. It just works and does what it should do. Customer support is acceptable, email response is usually within 24 hours (my experience with their support is limited as I only need to contact it 1 or 2 times a year at most).

Pros

Easy to set up and integrate, intuitive, everything's well documented.

Cons

Sometimes customers complain that the Backup CD they ordered is not delivered or significantly delayed. I'm not sure if it's Avangate fault, though.

Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The 2Chekout program brought a flexible and even better online payment

Reviewed on 2019/06/01

The 2Checkout enables you to explore and experience a bunch of options to implementation online payment. That has been helping me very much oferring my financial services. And because it is so flexbile I have been able to get so many clients, in several aspects. Sometimes I have a headache with support issues, but even so it is a so good tool to be used!

Pros

The 2Checkout helps a lot with the online payment management. It is so much intuitive e gives you plenty options about products and services that you can offer, integrating all of them in so many plataforms and transations.

Cons

It is kind hard to implement at first and sometimes something in the process could give you some trouble., which is why I think that the support could be a little faster.

Lyubomir D.
Industry: Financial Services

the Avangate system is a very flexible one.

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Pros

The automatic calculation of all taxes like VAT in different countries around the world is very impressive.

Cons

Responds to customer support tickets are very slow. Once the ticket is submitted it takes at least few days to review by Avangate team.

Juliana M.
Industry: Computer Hardware

The Improved 2Checkout Platform Brought Flexibility to Receive Payments

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

The 2Checkout Payments Platform enables us to exploit its profound involvement in online payment solutions. One of the best solutions for E-commerce, it supports multiple payment methods and has high end security protection. Also the service and support provided is incredible, all our needs are fulfilled. The platform gave us the flexibility that we needed.

Pros

Flexibility, multiple payment methods supported, multiple currency support, great management tools.

Cons

A little tricky to implement, you need to have a team with previous training.

Decent product, does what we needed.

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Pros

It’s easy to set up, and allows us to enable subscription based offerings on our social networks with a robust platform that the current script didn’t support.

Cons

The support is a bit slower than some others I’ve tried, but overall, still not tealky a con as much as something to be aware of.

Brigita B.
Industry: Design

Takes care of your payments

Reviewed on 2020/02/17

Very flexible implementations with a lot of functionalities, supports a lot of payment methods, allows convenient payment options for our customers.

Pros

Always great customer support, when requested, quickly provide solutions to problems. Having someone else handle the payments just allows us to worry about other aspects of the business, especially, makes it easier when having clientele from all over the world!

Cons

Quite a lot of double charges have occurred on separate occasions - basically all clients in a couple hour span got double charged, and the amount of accidents only confirms that it was definitely not the case of human error. Everything was solved quickly on their part, but it created inconvenience for the clients.

Ann D.
Industry: Computer Software

Avangate is the third global e-commerce platform we've tried, and by far the best.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Pros

Technical support is quick (often immediate via online chat), courteous, professional, and knowledgeable.

After initial set-up and some familiarity with the control panel, Avangate is easy for our customers to purchase through and for our team to administer.

Cons

Avangate's Affiliate Program feature is geared towards software companies with broad-interest software promoted on "affiliate" websites that are usually promoting a wide range of software with "coupon" or "discount" pricing. Our software is very niche market (educational / scientific software) and we would prefer an affiliate program that can be easily tailored to screen and accept specific affiliate sites, e.g. software resellers that offer other software in our niche market, sites that review software and other resources in our niche market, and affiliates who are also providing technical support and training for our software through their own business.

Reza H.

Most reliable gateway processor

Reviewed on 2016/08/11

We use Avangate as payment processor for almost 3 years. I worked with too many providers before but never had a good experience as what I have with Avangate. Support agent was really helpfull when we contact them several times in a day to help us to develop our custom module for Avangate.
process of accepting money is very good and professional while most of gateways only accept payments and when a chargeback happen just put a penalty (mostly Money!) on your account.

Mark B.

Great Billing Recurring Billing Solution

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

We were able to increase our revenue over time, up to 30%+, which was great, and continues to be.

Pros

Ease of use of desktop and mobile. Will process the grand majority of transactions and have never really given us any issues to this day.

Iliana D.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great tool for recurring billing

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Helps launch and keep our business growing steadily.

Pros

We are able to bill our clients in time to be able to meet payroll. Their recurring billing solution is very advanced and makes any subscription service easy to implement.

Cons

Since they integrated with Avangate, i think they are a great provider.

Industry: Computer Software

My preferred e-commerce platform provider!

Reviewed on 2017/11/21

Great ROI and configuration capabilities.

Pros

Avangate provides incredibly finite control over products, pricing and promotions. The platform is highly configurable.

Cons

With power comes complexity. The left sidebar menu interface is a little overloaded and could use a simpler re-implementation.

Fernando M.

Good overall functionality and great customer support

Reviewed on 2017/11/18

Pros

Fast and professional service support and availability of numerous paying options, particularly in Brazil, where we currently operate

Cons

Lack of more detailed information on failed payment processing. When this happens the info from the dashboard is limited so we have to submit a request for more info.

Response from Avangate

Hi Fernando,
Thanks so much for your review and feedback, we really appreciate it.
I have passed on your note regarding notifications for failed payment processing to the product team.
It's always useful to learn about clients needs and specific use cases, it helps us constantly improve the platform & our services.

Thea E.

Ease of use and implementation for a payment gateway

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Pros

I used 2Checkout to function together with Shopify. The speed of integrating the 2 is fast and seamless. I didn't have to worry about the security, or if I did the right thing. It also has a sleek design that the people paying over the gateway feels that the payment gateway is trustworthy, and they can put their credit card information in without fear.

Cons

The payment scheme is quite strange. I didn't like that you need to bulk the amount before you can withdraw. I also think that the cut that they make is quite large for international organizations.

Avangate Review

Reviewed on 2016/06/24

I have been using Avangate as the primary payment processing company for my online software sales for the past 4 years and have to say that I'm very pleased with them.

Their service is competivitley priced and they are very responsive to any queries I ( or my customers ) may have with them.

They are also prompt and reliable payers and have always settled my invoices with them on time.

Pros

Good pricing.
Good range of payment options.
Great customer service ( both for myself as a customer and my customers who purchase through them )
Deal with tax complexities such as VAT allowing me to focus on developing and selling my software.

Cons

Not many.

Their website / application is looking a little bit old. It's functional but a little bit dated.

Juri S.

Very stable and reliable e-commerce

Reviewed on 2016/08/12

We use Avangate for many years, recommend it to other people, etc. No problems with it, very professional and comfortable for use. Good support, stable payments.

Carolina D.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Only because 0 wasn’t an option

Reviewed on 2020/06/22

Horrible.

Accounting mismatches, as they do reserve roll over fees.
No customer service
Have withheld thousands of dollars, restricted accceaa and no customer service. Calls to Romania.

Pros

It was the only choice available for my region of the USVI using WIX

Cons

Customer Service and Accounting Reporting
Not a US based company, call center in Romania. Has targeted me after not wanting to leave a positive review but freezing my site during Coronavirus

Response from 2Checkout.com

Hello! Thanks for your honest feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to review our platform and services, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We can assure you that we are taking the satisfaction of our customers very seriously and we are sorry if we did not live up to your expectations.

Also, please note that leaving a review won't impact the business partnership we have with you and we encourage speaking your mind regardless of the experience.

For further information, please feel free to reach out directly at [email protected]? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Dani S.

Avangate is great for small companies thanks to its friendly costumer support

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Pros

-Friendly and fast costumer support,
-No upfront fees,
-Automatic key delivery,
-Multi language,
-All the features you need to start selling online.

Cons

-Confusing dashboard until you get used to it.
-Minimum payout, it isn't much but it's still there.

Shiva K.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

User friendly Product

Reviewed on 2018/03/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

User interface is very friendly and offer different features which makes it unique and best from the rest of the softwares. It is easy to configure and fairly cheap.

Cons

Dashboard takes little time to master it. Also there should be multiple withdrawals way. Customer support could be fast.

Andreas V.

No-nosense e-commerce supplier

Reviewed on 2017/11/21

Pros

- it works well
- easy invoicing
- it's fairly cheap
- it's based in Holland, so perfect to avoid VATMOSS issues
- great support

Cons

The software stack can be a bit overwhelming at first; the UI could use a brush up here and there, but overall no major negative points.

Adolph Z.
Industry: Sporting Goods
Company size: Self Employed

The best payment provider

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Pros

As a lebanese i struggle to get a payment provider 2checkout has helped me a lot in my dropshipping business and never let me down thank you

Cons

The withdraw option should be valid at anytime we need to withdraw but its ok now

Philipp S.
Industry: Computer Software

Lots of features and excellent customer support

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Pros

There are a lot of features included and after some time getting used to them I was able to configure everything the way I required it to be.
The customer support is very responsive and helpful and it's excellence warrants the fairly high price.

Cons

Avangate merged with the horrible company 2Checkout (worst I've experienced in this sector!) earlier this year and plans to operate under the name of 2Checkout in the future. I'm very worried that things will go south in the aftermath of this merger and that the poor reputation of 2Checkout will damage my sales. If I had known this in advance I would not have become a customer of Avangate. - But due to Avangate's good performance in the past, I'll give them credit and hope for the best.