Almabase Reviews

Almabase

Increase alumni participation by 3x in one year

4.7/5 (50 reviews)
M F.

Easy to use networking tool for those with little to no programming experience

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

- The platform was up and running quickly.
- The customer service team is extremely responsive and does their best to accommodate our needs. They are also very open to receiving feedback and considering suggestions to improve the software.
- They often roll out new features and upgrades.
- It's quick and easy to create new webpages and add content.
- The software is affordable.
- Integration of e-communication center to send automated emails.

Cons

- Some bugs were discovered in the early stages that the support team resolved promptly.
- Limited templates to choose from and cannot incorporate different features from different templates into one to suit your needs/preferences.
- I've been slightly disappointed by the lack of customization on the platform. It's become evident that the platform would be a great tool for an academic institution's alumni organization, but if it's anything else, it may not be the best suited. Our situation is unique in that we are not a school looking to connect with our alumni, but rather a foundation connecting with past and current grantees. Some features cannot be customized to reflect that, including the wording on some pages or email templates that one would think would be easy to change. I was reassured at the beginning through the answers to my questions and testing out another organization's beta site that our needs would be met. However, it was only after our site was fully up and running that I got a chance to fully explore and see where additional customizations would be required.

Overall, the web platform meets our basic needs, but if there was a greater ability to customize it, even a little bit, it would take it to the next level. If you're not coming from an academic institution, I would highly recommend asking a wide variety of questions to ensure it will meet all your needs.

7.0/10
Jessica H.

The Almabase platform and its team are amazing!

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

Almabase allows us to connect with our alumni on multiple levels based on interest, class years, university affinities, and social media interaction. It also allows us to communicate intentionally and deliberately with our alumni through targeted emails and our e-newsletter. It saves our team time by streamlining the way that we post to our social media platforms and data-mine the site. This platform also allows for us to include pages for our chapters that have controlled access for the chapter administrators. We can also set-up event registrations, pay portals and interest forms and have the data collected to be imported into Raiser's Edge whenever we want to do that. Almabase directly impacts and helps to facilitate the majority of our office's mission and goals.

Pros

With Almabase everything is at one central location which is a huge time saver for us. No more multiple disconnected software and inefficiencies. It also seamlessly integrated with Raiser's Edge.

The response from alumni has been amazing since the launch - they love the social media integration! Our board members, faculty and staff love the platform because its very easy to use. Almabase also provides the possibility to involve our students for an alumni mentorship program that has been heavily requested by our alumni.

The best part though, is that their customer service is exceptional and unparalleled! It is truly a pleasure to be able to work with such an amazing team of professionals.
I know that it is extremely rare to find a software that is pretty much perfect, but we really have not found anything about the software or the customer service that we do not like. The handful of items that we could not do, or did not work quite the way that our team would have liked were solved by the Almabase team, usually within a few days of mentioning it to them. We have no reason to rate them any lower than 5-star across the board. I would recommend Almabase to any organization that is looking for this type of alumni platform.

Response from Almabase

Thanks a lot, Jessica.

Lauren A.

Outstanding! Most responsive customer service and support for any product we've ever used!

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Not only are we housing all our alumni website here, but we've increased our alumni engagement and awareness because they make it easy for alumni to connect. We found a platform that worked for our constituents, not one that made them work.

Pros

I love the flexibility that they have offered us. We have been using the software for two years and have seen the software grow at a rapid pace to match our needs. They created a skeleton for us and helped us to flesh it out into a working, attractive, and useful site. Our alumni have given such positive feedback--it's better than anything we've had before (and we're 125 years old). The Almabase team is truly interested in what the customer has to say. They are passionate about their work and you, as the customer, can sense it in every interaction with them.

Cons

If there was one thing I could change, I would want more page editing space. The box where you create the page is small and you have to scroll to the top to use the editing tools. I've accidentally moved by cursor more than once while scrolling and had to fix a mistake, then do what I was trying to do. That being said, I have VERY LITTLE experience building website pages or using html and they make it so easy to make great looking pages.

Aaron D.

Almabase platform and customer service is everything I was looking for!

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

Pros

When I became the alumni relations coordinator for Thomas Aquinas College, I immediately began searching for a replacement for a print alumni directory. This platform exceeded expectations in that it provides the directory service that I was looking for AND provides a full service engagement platform for all facets of alumni relations. From emails to events to chapters and more!

Most of all though, the team at Almabase is 110% top notch. They are personable, responsive, and complete. Whether I have a question on hot to best use some functionality or have a suggestion from my users regarding improvements on the platform, the Almabase team is always helpful, thoughtful, and responsive. This customer support you enjoy speaking with!

Cons

There is little not to like. For myself, wearing multiple hats at our institution makes it difficult to use the product to its full potential. Also, our users are interested in sharing their directory information with each other, which is not a default setting. However, support has been very responsive regarding this feedback and we are working towards a solution. In all, I am very happy with the product and so are my users.

Michael W.

Well thought through platform to enhance alumni relations

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

_Ongoing support_
Once our organization decided to partner with Almabase, we were transitioned to an operations team to ensure that our alumni data and site features were in order and functioned as we desired. The operations team adjusted to our needs and became much more attentive as our needs required. Currently, it seems like our admin team has continuous access to the Almabase support team. They are friendly, professional, and always strive to communicate clearly, even with feature requests that are not part of the platform.

One benefit that showed how willing our Almabase support team goes above and beyond as a partner is how they initiated a regular quarterly review of the platform and features after we launched. They demonstrated how ongoing support is part of the fabric of their company.

_Features_
The main reason behind choosing Almabase as an alumni relations partner was how they come alongside our efforts to keep our alumni information current. Our alumni benefit because they can easily stay updated on what’s happening with their alma mater and effortlessly network with one another. Our current students benefit because they can begin networking for future placement opportunities. Our staff benefit because this active directory, updated by each alumnus, enhances all our communications about news, events, placement efforts, and services.

Pros

- End user experience - user friendly and easy to navigate, not cluttered with extra features
- Sign-on experience is elegant and simple
- Admin portal (Data Studio, Communication Center are strong)
- Directory and user profiles - organized, easy to navigate
- Ongoing support - Almabase support partner with you to enhance efforts
- Career Center - easy to use and maintain

Cons

- Career Center could use more sorting options for the end user

Vamsee D.

A brilliant tool to stay connected to the roots of alma mater

Reviewed on 2014/12/23

IMPRESSED is the word. I have started using this product since my under grad school introduced this to us one year after we graduated. Though I was apprehensive initially about it being just another variant of linkedin, I was proved wrong pretty soon.

The sign up was pretty simple with the option of connecting with Fb or LinkedIn. Also, the profile was always synced and up to date.

This is a simple, no-nonsense, to-the-point software which does what it says - "Alumni Management". There are no other strings attached. With the graph search(remember the facebook searches which go like "Who are my friends studying in California and are single?") and the various filtering criteria available, looking up for someone from my college is just a breeze. Also, masking of personal email ids put my fears of spamming to rest.

The newsletter I receive from my college admins every month through this portal, brings a wide smile across my face along with a flurry of memories.
Well, the depth to which this software goes in finding the alumni is also pretty excellent. I was amazed to find alumni from even the early 1960s.

Also, at my post grad, I got an opportunity to be part of the audience where AlmaBase was pitching. Boy was I surprised !!
<Tech Alert>
They implemented Machine Learning which took some seed data of alumni and used that to pull the details of other Alumni from Social Network spaces.
Also, the ease with which the alumni site can be customized is very good. Supported by a strong back end, the majority of look and feel is made up of pluggable components. It's totally up to you to decide how your alumni site would look like.

</TechAlert>

In short, having a strong alumni base is a low hanging fruit ignored by most colleges and this software solves the problem spot on. I do not see any major shortcomings, except that I wonder how'd they support the product with the size of the team they presently have.

P.S: The total time they usually take to get the site up and running is around 7 days which is pretty cool !! :D

Jonathon R.

Extremely positive - incredibly helpful service and a very intuitive service to use.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Allows us to communicate and interact with a wide user-base in a way that we couldn't previously.

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to use and offers a wide range of options and features. It makes maintaining relationships with our userbase incredibly simple and is a marked step up from the previous system we were using. It is very intuitive to search and manipulate data, and it interacts with social media as well as email addresses to capture the widest range of data.

The site itself has a very clean and modern looking front end, and is very customisable to suit our growing and changing needs. The team at Almabase were extremely helpful, and always available for calls and support. There was a clear path and development strategy provided from the team and they explored all the features we wanted to use so that the software was tailored exactly to our needs.

The software is a delight to use, with new updates and features regularly added and is incredibly cost-efficient. It also interacts with most commercially used CRMs should you require a more heavy duty database. I would recommend anyone in this field explores it as a front end to enhance their relationships with users.

Cons

There aren't any - it's that good! If you have any reservations about using the software, contact them for a chat.

Calvin C.

Best value for money alumni platform out there!

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

This software help us consolidate our database, emailing and website saving us a lot of money.
Tracking emails and engagement has been very helpful.

Pros

-It is a website, database platform, and bulk email service.
-Payments can be taken through the website, including membership payments.
-The developers are constantly making improvements to the software and any improvements are made available at no extra cost.
-The customer service is very responsive.

Cons

-Administrator/backend usability could be improved. This is something we have mentioned to them and they are working on.
-Website pages could do with a little more layout varieties and features. I believe they are working on this also.

Gordon M.

Great Team, Product, and Company

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

Overall, Almabase has been a great partner as we begin our endeavor in Alumni Relations. Because of Almabase we have been very successful in our first 8 months. They are constantly giving us strategies to improve and offering assistance. We just had an in-person visit from them that will help us immensely as we enter the second phase of our program. I truly feel they have a personal interest in your success.

Pros

At first, I was not fully bought into this company and software. However, after the first month, I realize that they truly care about your success. My main pros are:

- Ease of setup
- Creative solutions to problems
- Partner with you to create a plan for your success
- Great price
- Always improving
- Great communication center
- Fast response

Cons

- Some bugs with the software when doing more advanced features. However, they fixed them very quickly.

Joby J.

Amazing tool to build the alumni engagement & enable us to keep the network with alumni

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

Feel great that we now have the capability to offer a platform for alumni networking. Alumni are able to stay connected after graduation and help other members in the community by sharing wide range of opportunities (career/internship...). This has been the one of the best investment to keep our alumni and students connected.

Cons

There are no cons in particular. Their support is also good and timely. Hopefully they keep continuing the excellent service.

Everything "Alumni" in One Place

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

My overall experience with Almabase has been excellent. They truly want us to be satisfied with their product and are open to suggestions and ideas that we may offer to add or improve something. I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

Pros

We are very pleased with our new alumni network through Almabase. What I like most is that the platform has everything we need in one place, including the ability to manage our alumni database, send out targeted emails and monthly newsletters, incorporate social media feeds, help fundraise (recently had a 24-hr giving day where we raised over $150,000), plan and promote alumni reunions and events, post school and alumni news stories, allow alums to network for jobs, business opportunities and internships, and much more. We’ve only just begun and are so excited with this new platform!

Cons

I would like to be able to better control colors and styles throughout the site so that we can be consistent and maintain our brand standards and guidelines. That said, Almabase is working with us to ensure we are satisfied.

Joanna K.

A great alumni management tool with an amazing support team

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Pros

I love that this software is able to integrate with LinkedIn and Facebook to automatically capture alumni updates. Also that mailing lists are dynamic and change accordingly when an update is made to the profiles. It automates so many things and that takes the hassle out of the administration of the alumni office so that we can focus on actually engaging with alumni. The event management module is especially helpful in managing RSVPs.

The support team has also been very gracious and patient with a non-technical person such as myself and taken the trouble to explain each function thoroughly. They are always ready to help.

Cons

For a more technically proficient user, it may be good if more of the customization such as changing fields and even uploading new batches of alumni data could be left to the institution themselves to handle. But for those who may not be technical, the fact that the support team handles this can be a great relief, as it is to me.

Alexandra G.

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 2016/10/03

Our team evaluated several networking platforms before trying Almabase. Since our initial inquiry with Almabase about their product, we have been nothing but pleased. The customer service has been outstanding throughout all stages of our project, from helping us understand the platform, it's functions and benefits, setting up a pilot site for us to actually use and test the model, and throughout the implementation process. All was done extremely efficiently, and ahead of our projected time frame. All of our questions have been answered clearly and quickly. The changes we've requested to our site to personalize it to our needs (we are a high school--not a college) have also been addressed in the same manner. Since we are still learning about and understanding the product ourselves, we regularly reach out to our Almabase support contact who never fails to help immediately. We are thrilled with our decision to use Almabase!

Pros

Customer service, ease of use.

Cons

The price, though reasonable, may be a stumbling block to smaller organizations, like ours. We are hoping the success of the product will help support our funding request.

Response from Almabase

Thank you so much!

Steve B.

Their customer service is top-notch & they've taken our feedback & applied it immediately.

Reviewed on 2017/07/27

Pros

Whenever we had questions about the platform or how to use a certain function, the onboarding team was available through conference calls or timely emails to answer all of our questions and help clarify.

They were also great in providing a marketing and communications strategy when we were planning to roll the platform out to our alumni. They took the time to learn our culture and built a plan around that culture to be most effective.

The site setup process was quick and easy once we provided the necessary information. We had a presentable version in days and I can't say enough good things about their responsiveness to our questions and needs throughout the entire process.

Overall, working with Almabase and their team has been an absolute pleasure.

Cons

So far, we do not have anything negative to say about the platform or Almabase in general.

Response from Almabase

Thanks a lot, Steve.

Aslynn B.

Small school that uses Senior Systems

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Like I said above, we are saving a lot of time filtering out groups and specific people for mailings and emails. The communication has improved greatly and we are excited to bring more alumni to the platform so that they can start benefiting from Almabase.

Pros

The ability to communicate and filter specific groups or people is literally as easy as a few clicks of a button. The amount of time we are saving by using Almabase to reach out to our alumni is immeasurable. We are still new to Almabase and are learning new things all of the time. As we learn more, we are more impressed and excited about our decision to use Almabase.

Cons

This software does not "talk to" Senior Systems, so it does make it difficult when information is updated on one platform. However, Almabase made a point to visit our school to see how we use Senior Systems and is going to try to find a way to communicate with it. They may not succeed, but they care enough to try.

Joanna F.

Almabase provides an amazing product that has helped our school increase our alumni engagement.

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

Almabase has a plethora of features that help our school interact with our alumni in different and meaningful ways. We are able to host events, share news, and fund raise all in one location. Almabase is a true investment in our alumni and they really appreciate the efforts we are making beyond the years they spend on our campus.

Cons

A challenge for us is getting alumni to join the platform. We are constantly looking for ways to get alumni to visit the site and see what benefits they can receive.

Justin Z.

Great Product & Even Better Service

Reviewed on 2018/09/15

Our goal was to communicate with our alumni in new and more efficient ways, and we wanted to be able to see and track engagement. Almabase has made that possible and their team has answered every question we had in a timely manner. The people at Almabase have been very supportive and helpful.

Pros

Almabase has an outstanding communication center and data studio that allows the right people to see and get the information they need to communicate with alumni.

Cons

The website is not as flexible as it could be and we wish it had a few more options to show pictures.

It's been an excellent tool for day to day to Alumni management services.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Pros

It's very user friendly and helps keep up to date Alumni contacts, who are notified of the latest events and updates on Campus and help interact with other alumni and students.

Cons

They have been very quick to answer any queries. Their customer support is excellent! No cons that I can think of. I have been using it every day and its very rare we come across a glitch which anyways is taken care of immediately.

Michelle D.

Working with Almabase has been great! We've connected with alumni from all across the country!

Reviewed on 2017/09/21

Pros

Almabase software is extremely user friendly and very nicely organized. The platform allows us to connect with Alumni through emails and keep them up to date on current events and activities happening on campus! With the help of Almabase we were able to sell and distribute tickets for our 40th Anniversary Gala which was amazing! There was such a great turn out. Technical support for this software has been exceptional. If we were had any questions or concerns we would received immediate support from Naveen, one of the Almabase representatives. He would explain everything very clearly, and made us aware of new features of the platform. Overall, customer service is truly amazing!

Response from Almabase

Thanks for your feedback, Michelle.

Danielle D.

Great Product, Great Service

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

We use Almabase as our primary means to communicate with our alumni. We also pitch it to our alumni as a way for them to find one another and engage on their own. Every week through Almabase we send 1-4 emails to various alumni and have at least one event registration active. These areas are the ones we use the most, and Almabase has been great.

Pros

Almabase is user-friendly, easy to learn, and the customer success team is always quick to help us with troubleshooting or even adapting the platform based on our needs.

Cons

There are few parts of the event module that work fine but could be more convenient, but Almabase is already working on adjusting these. Honestly, any issue we have is quickly looked at and updated, and we so appreciate their willingness to adjust their platform when necessary!

Kerri A.

Easy to learn platform with excellent customer service.

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Much more user friendly experience then previous software. Easier to stay up-to-date on alumni information and to communicate with alumni. Also easier for alumni to communicate with Webb and with each other.

Pros

It's extremely helpful that this software links up to alumni social media accounts, providing you with the most up-to-date job information, headshots, and email addresses. It also allows you to track their engagement through eblasts, events, and social media. The map feature is extremely help for the Admissions Dept., Development Dept., current students, and alumni.

Response from Almabase

Hi Kerri,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It is a pleasure working with you and looking forward to a long partnership.

Best,
Almabase Team

Dani M.

This is a great company with an amazing product.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

The team that we get to work with. They are amazing. I have really enjoyed my experience with Almabase and would recommend them to anyone.

Cons

There are no negatives about this company. They work with us to achieve anything that we are looking to do through the platform.

Helmuth F.

Great solution for Alumni-Management

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

Very good, very responsive, always here to help.

Pros

Ease of use, constant development, modern interfcae.

Cons

Adapting languages (mulit-language support) of the webseite could be improved. There are still texts in English which can not be changed by the Admin of the Website.

Jonathan P.

Almabase is a great tool for alumni associations on a budget

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Overall, satisfied with the quality of Almabase for the price. Its functional and economical.

Pros

The price of Almabase is very fair for the functionality you receive in return for your alumni platform. It has some great syncing options. For us, it syncs with Raiser's Edge, which is an extreme benefit. We can pull/push data to/from our constituent database and alumni network.

Cons

I felt that the implementation process and training could use a little work. I felt unprepared and not trained enough (as a user and admin) to handle the software.

Srinath P.

Networking tool for new age alumni

Reviewed on 2014/12/29

As the world is increasingly becoming connected, by ever changing communication technologies, staying connected with those who matter has also become important; "those who matter" are also changing as rapidly as anything else. In this context, the platform created by Almabase to reach out to your fellow alumni is a decisive resource. Examples that I liked so far are:
Advertising the job postings to the right audience.
Finding aptly qualified alumni in your surroundings, far away from ones own place of origin, who can empathise with your background, to seek advice on a range of things.

These are only initial examples-with limitless creative ways yet to be envisioned and exploited. Apart from the concept, almabase excels technically, in providing an effortless, user friendly interface with minimal intervention on the part of user. Its artificial intelligence based algorithms ensure that publicly available information is automatically updated making it very reliable.