Almabase

4,6
4,8
Tyson C.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great features, easy to use, fair price

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

The alumni community platform provided by Almabase is helping us connect with alumni who have fallen off our radar. The system facilitates the communication of alumni with one another and encourages alumni to invite their classmates to join the system. Our alumni are able to update their information on the community profile page and then Almabase integrates with our CRM (Raiser's Edge NXT) to update our local alumni records. It has been a wonderful partnership so far and I look forward to seeing where the next several years leads us as we continue to develop this partnership.

Pros

Almabase is a very intuitive platform for alumni community management. The system is easy to use no matter whether you are an end-user or a platform administrator. Creating content pages, events, campaigns, and job postings is a snap as the system leads you through providing the details you need to complete each task. As a former webmaster, I appreciate the ability to go into the code view for content pages so that I can manipulate pages to display according to my personal preferences.

Cons

There is very little to dislike. Being pickey, I can say that the back-end of the platform does not always work the way I would want it to work. However, that is based on my own personal preferences for how I use the system and is not based on how the system was designed to function.

For example, If I upload a spreadsheet of names and email addresses so that I can send out email communication to a group of constituents, the system will sometimes overwrite the name I associated with an uploaded email address because someone else (usually a spouse) has used that email address as their email address of record for their alumni community profile. So, Almabase will default to the name associated with the community profile instead of enforcing the name I uploaded with the spreadsheet. So...if I wanted to use the Almabase communication center feature to send a birthday greeting to Jane Doe...I would need to make sure that her spouse, John Doe, is not already using the email address I have on file for Jane as his community profile email address. If that does happen, Almabase will insert "John" into the dynamic first name field of my message instead of using "Jane" that I had associated with the email address in my spreadsheet.

This platform-based setting to enforce the first name associated with an email address is my only issue but it is minor when compared with the robust features we enjoy.

Charlotte A.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Almabase Alumni Software has transformed the way we interact with alumni

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Overall just love it, we looked at other companies including Graduway, Almaconnect, Salesforce, Raiser's Edge, Mentor City, Alumni Channel, 360 Alumni and just so much more but we found Almabase to be the best option for the price, service, and functionality. As a small size school, we wanted an alumni network but knew that it wasn't going to have 10,000 alumni so they were able to work with us to find a pricepoint that was right for us.

Pros

I love this software because it has many great features such as a giving platform which lets you organize campaigns for donations, an alumni map so you can see how big your alumni community has grown, the alumni database/directory which is so helpful for me to write notes/keep track of job placement/address information---it also syncs with Linkedin so when alumni get new jobs i don't have to manually add it. The customer service team is so helpful, they are available by email, chat, or phone and answer my questions almost immediately or within the day. There's also a job board for us to add jobs or alumni can add it too. There's also an email system so that's helpful. They even built me a student directory so students can have a profile too which we can transition into alumni accounts.

Cons

Nothing, it works great. We've been really happy with it.

Virginia H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Used to set up an alumni database for our existing and lost alumni

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/07/16

It was a useful tool in having all of your alumni information in one area and offered options that we ended up not using.

Pros

The support staff was very helpful in the setup and in addressing any issues that we had. The overall building of the "base" was fairly easy.

Cons

It didn't stand out enough as unique or needed to continue the yearly contract. We ended up using our new web platform to incorporate a signup form and keep alumni up to date.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Bob Z.
Industry: Education Management

Easy to use platform both school Admins and alum users

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Our overall experience with AlmaBase is very favorable and positive. They have been a welcomed addition and partner to our school.

Pros

As a member of the Advancement team capturing correct data is critical and it is something I feel the site does really well. It then transitions pretty seamlessly into our primary database. A special word of thanks to our Almabase Service rep Krishna Kant. He is terrific and so easy to work with. He makes himself available frequently, and if for some reason is unavailable, always lines up additional support staff for us.

Cons

Not many complaints at all. The prebuilt fields may not be appropriate but I feel they are easily amended.
I feel the product is easy to work with and when adjustments to filters need to be made it is easily managed and executed.

Kyle B.
Industry: Education Management

Almabase provides excellent value for our alumni

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Almabase is at the center of our alumni strategy. The goal is to provide alumni with a high-quality, tangible benefit to grow their affinity for our school and inspire volunteering, fundraising and more. The Almabase team is great to work with — not only addressing questions and issues quickly, but being a partner in devising our strategies.

Pros

Product itself is super easy to use and the customer service is top-notch. Map feature is impressive and we have received great feedback from our alumni since launching recently. Almabase allows us to provide our alumni with a high-quality experience — keep them in touch, but also giving them networking/career opportunities they desire. The email functionality inside Almabase is so much better than other products like Constant Contact. We can easily segment and send communications by graduating class, location and more. The Engagement Snapshot is also a very useful tool — we can easily see how engaged our alumni are.

Cons

No complaints so far! We have thoroughly enjoyed our time with the Almabase team so far.

Tracy M.

Great for Re-Engaging Alumni

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

Our alumni are excited by the new ways they can engage with the school and each other, making it easier for us to be able to contact them about opportunities for them to help the school community through volunteering or fundraising, while offering them the types of events and activities that appeal to them.

Pros

This software helped us find new and needed ways for our alumni community to become re-engaged in the school, offering internship and job information, communication options through affinity groups, and more.

Cons

The software is still building on, adding features regularly, because they are so responsive to their client requests.

Kyle T.
Industry: Fund-Raising

Almabase Really Helped Our Alumni Association

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Could not be happier. TO the overall look and ease of the site to the care that the staff offers... there is no better fit for us.

Pros

Almabase is extremely user friendly and easy to manage from a backend perspective. A lot of the site is customizable and the customer support team is always there to work with you through any issues you have. It is also extremely easy to integrate to our database at the school, which was super valuable.

Cons

There's honestly and truly nothin that I dislike. The team at Almabase is always on working on new ways to improve their site, and will even take suggestions when you'd like to see something happen.

Sherin K.
Industry: Education Management

Great Team, Great Service!

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

Pros

The platform is easy to use and customizable for our needs. We use the platform extensively for creating events, fundraising pages, creating alumni directory and posting news and updates for alumni. Almabase team provides great service and is always available to answer our queries and helps us navigate through the best options for solving our requirements.

Cons

We have most of the features we look for in an alumni engagement platform. A mobile app would have been a nice addition so members have easy access on their phones.

Caprielle D.
Industry: Fund-Raising

More Alumni Engagement Opportunities & Helpful Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

The platform has been helpful in connecting with alumni, and the customer service team is helpful and responsive.

Pros

Features like a directory with a search by map feature, event registration and giving forms with clean design. We can add pages and create content easily. With Facebook/LinkedIn signups, integration with Raiser's Edge, and alumni able to update contact information on their profile, collecting contact data is more efficient. The team at Almabase is responsive with our questions, and helpful in making sure we are making the most of the product.

Cons

We would like the pages on Almabase to be more customizable and a news feed would be a great addition.

Industry: Research

Great platform for NASA internship alumni

Reviewed on 2020/08/10

Pros

Almabase has provided us with a great platform for hosting our NASA internship alumni network and database. Our students like that they can update their own profiles, communicate with their class, and network with alumni in different classes. We like that we can conveniently communicate with all of our alumni and keep track of their accomplishments. Also, Almabase staff responds really quickly to any questions or issues that have come up.

Cons

We don't really have any complaints so far!

M F.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Easy to use networking tool for those with little to no programming experience

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

- The platform was up and running quickly.
- The customer service team is extremely responsive and does their best to accommodate our needs. They are also very open to receiving feedback and considering suggestions to improve the software.
- They often roll out new features and upgrades.
- It's quick and easy to create new webpages and add content.
- The software is affordable.
- Integration of e-communication center to send automated emails.

Cons

- Some bugs were discovered in the early stages that the support team resolved promptly.
- Limited templates to choose from and cannot incorporate different features from different templates into one to suit your needs/preferences.
- I've been slightly disappointed by the lack of customization on the platform. It's become evident that the platform would be a great tool for an academic institution's alumni organization, but if it's anything else, it may not be the best suited. Our situation is unique in that we are not a school looking to connect with our alumni, but rather a foundation connecting with past and current grantees. Some features cannot be customized to reflect that, including the wording on some pages or email templates that one would think would be easy to change. I was reassured at the beginning through the answers to my questions and testing out another organization's beta site that our needs would be met. However, it was only after our site was fully up and running that I got a chance to fully explore and see where additional customizations would be required.

Overall, the web platform meets our basic needs, but if there was a greater ability to customize it, even a little bit, it would take it to the next level. If you're not coming from an academic institution, I would highly recommend asking a wide variety of questions to ensure it will meet all your needs.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jessica H.
Industry: Higher Education

The Almabase platform and its team are amazing!

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

Almabase allows us to connect with our alumni on multiple levels based on interest, class years, university affinities, and social media interaction. It also allows us to communicate intentionally and deliberately with our alumni through targeted emails and our e-newsletter. It saves our team time by streamlining the way that we post to our social media platforms and data-mine the site. This platform also allows for us to include pages for our chapters that have controlled access for the chapter administrators. We can also set-up event registrations, pay portals and interest forms and have the data collected to be imported into Raiser's Edge whenever we want to do that. Almabase directly impacts and helps to facilitate the majority of our office's mission and goals.

Pros

With Almabase everything is at one central location which is a huge time saver for us. No more multiple disconnected software and inefficiencies. It also seamlessly integrated with Raiser's Edge.

The response from alumni has been amazing since the launch - they love the social media integration! Our board members, faculty and staff love the platform because its very easy to use. Almabase also provides the possibility to involve our students for an alumni mentorship program that has been heavily requested by our alumni.

The best part though, is that their customer service is exceptional and unparalleled! It is truly a pleasure to be able to work with such an amazing team of professionals.
I know that it is extremely rare to find a software that is pretty much perfect, but we really have not found anything about the software or the customer service that we do not like. The handful of items that we could not do, or did not work quite the way that our team would have liked were solved by the Almabase team, usually within a few days of mentioning it to them. We have no reason to rate them any lower than 5-star across the board. I would recommend Almabase to any organization that is looking for this type of alumni platform.

Response from Almabase

Thanks a lot, Jessica.

Lauren A.
Industry: Higher Education

Outstanding! Most responsive customer service and support for any product we've ever used!

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Not only are we housing all our alumni website here, but we've increased our alumni engagement and awareness because they make it easy for alumni to connect. We found a platform that worked for our constituents, not one that made them work.

Pros

I love the flexibility that they have offered us. We have been using the software for two years and have seen the software grow at a rapid pace to match our needs. They created a skeleton for us and helped us to flesh it out into a working, attractive, and useful site. Our alumni have given such positive feedback--it's better than anything we've had before (and we're 125 years old). The Almabase team is truly interested in what the customer has to say. They are passionate about their work and you, as the customer, can sense it in every interaction with them.

Cons

If there was one thing I could change, I would want more page editing space. The box where you create the page is small and you have to scroll to the top to use the editing tools. I've accidentally moved by cursor more than once while scrolling and had to fix a mistake, then do what I was trying to do. That being said, I have VERY LITTLE experience building website pages or using html and they make it so easy to make great looking pages.

Aaron D.
Industry: Higher Education

Almabase platform and customer service is everything I was looking for!

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

Pros

When I became the alumni relations coordinator for Thomas Aquinas College, I immediately began searching for a replacement for a print alumni directory. This platform exceeded expectations in that it provides the directory service that I was looking for AND provides a full service engagement platform for all facets of alumni relations. From emails to events to chapters and more!

Most of all though, the team at Almabase is 110% top notch. They are personable, responsive, and complete. Whether I have a question on hot to best use some functionality or have a suggestion from my users regarding improvements on the platform, the Almabase team is always helpful, thoughtful, and responsive. This customer support you enjoy speaking with!

Cons

There is little not to like. For myself, wearing multiple hats at our institution makes it difficult to use the product to its full potential. Also, our users are interested in sharing their directory information with each other, which is not a default setting. However, support has been very responsive regarding this feedback and we are working towards a solution. In all, I am very happy with the product and so are my users.

Michael W.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Well thought through platform to enhance alumni relations

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

_Ongoing support_
Once our organization decided to partner with Almabase, we were transitioned to an operations team to ensure that our alumni data and site features were in order and functioned as we desired. The operations team adjusted to our needs and became much more attentive as our needs required. Currently, it seems like our admin team has continuous access to the Almabase support team. They are friendly, professional, and always strive to communicate clearly, even with feature requests that are not part of the platform.

One benefit that showed how willing our Almabase support team goes above and beyond as a partner is how they initiated a regular quarterly review of the platform and features after we launched. They demonstrated how ongoing support is part of the fabric of their company.

_Features_
The main reason behind choosing Almabase as an alumni relations partner was how they come alongside our efforts to keep our alumni information current. Our alumni benefit because they can easily stay updated on what’s happening with their alma mater and effortlessly network with one another. Our current students benefit because they can begin networking for future placement opportunities. Our staff benefit because this active directory, updated by each alumnus, enhances all our communications about news, events, placement efforts, and services.

Pros

- End user experience - user friendly and easy to navigate, not cluttered with extra features
- Sign-on experience is elegant and simple
- Admin portal (Data Studio, Communication Center are strong)
- Directory and user profiles - organized, easy to navigate
- Ongoing support - Almabase support partner with you to enhance efforts
- Career Center - easy to use and maintain

Cons

- Career Center could use more sorting options for the end user

Vamsee D.

A brilliant tool to stay connected to the roots of alma mater

Reviewed on 2014/12/23

IMPRESSED is the word. I have started using this product since my under grad school introduced this to us one year after we graduated. Though I was apprehensive initially about it being just another variant of linkedin, I was proved wrong pretty soon.

The sign up was pretty simple with the option of connecting with Fb or LinkedIn. Also, the profile was always synced and up to date.

This is a simple, no-nonsense, to-the-point software which does what it says - "Alumni Management". There are no other strings attached. With the graph search(remember the facebook searches which go like "Who are my friends studying in California and are single?") and the various filtering criteria available, looking up for someone from my college is just a breeze. Also, masking of personal email ids put my fears of spamming to rest.

The newsletter I receive from my college admins every month through this portal, brings a wide smile across my face along with a flurry of memories.
Well, the depth to which this software goes in finding the alumni is also pretty excellent. I was amazed to find alumni from even the early 1960s.

Also, at my post grad, I got an opportunity to be part of the audience where AlmaBase was pitching. Boy was I surprised !!
<Tech Alert>
They implemented Machine Learning which took some seed data of alumni and used that to pull the details of other Alumni from Social Network spaces.
Also, the ease with which the alumni site can be customized is very good. Supported by a strong back end, the majority of look and feel is made up of pluggable components. It's totally up to you to decide how your alumni site would look like.

</TechAlert>

In short, having a strong alumni base is a low hanging fruit ignored by most colleges and this software solves the problem spot on. I do not see any major shortcomings, except that I wonder how'd they support the product with the size of the team they presently have.

P.S: The total time they usually take to get the site up and running is around 7 days which is pretty cool !! :D

Jonathon R.
Industry: Education Management

Extremely positive - incredibly helpful service and a very intuitive service to use.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Allows us to communicate and interact with a wide user-base in a way that we couldn't previously.

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to use and offers a wide range of options and features. It makes maintaining relationships with our userbase incredibly simple and is a marked step up from the previous system we were using. It is very intuitive to search and manipulate data, and it interacts with social media as well as email addresses to capture the widest range of data.

The site itself has a very clean and modern looking front end, and is very customisable to suit our growing and changing needs. The team at Almabase were extremely helpful, and always available for calls and support. There was a clear path and development strategy provided from the team and they explored all the features we wanted to use so that the software was tailored exactly to our needs.

The software is a delight to use, with new updates and features regularly added and is incredibly cost-efficient. It also interacts with most commercially used CRMs should you require a more heavy duty database. I would recommend anyone in this field explores it as a front end to enhance their relationships with users.

Cons

There aren't any - it's that good! If you have any reservations about using the software, contact them for a chat.

Calvin C.
Industry: Education Management

Best value for money alumni platform out there!

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

This software help us consolidate our database, emailing and website saving us a lot of money.
Tracking emails and engagement has been very helpful.

Pros

-It is a website, database platform, and bulk email service.
-Payments can be taken through the website, including membership payments.
-The developers are constantly making improvements to the software and any improvements are made available at no extra cost.
-The customer service is very responsive.

Cons

-Administrator/backend usability could be improved. This is something we have mentioned to them and they are working on.
-Website pages could do with a little more layout varieties and features. I believe they are working on this also.

Reid F.

ONE STOP SHOP!!!

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Pros

The ability to house almost our entire alumni program on one platform has been the most impactful part of using this software. Prior to subscribing to the Almabase services, we had spreadsheets and documents across numerous sites. Now, we have our directory, events, and communication centralized in one place. This has been a game-changer for our program.

Cons

The great thing about any issues we have had is that they are resolved almost immediately. The customer service has been exceptional and the Almabase staff takes the time to reach out to provide best practices and other ideas that similar schools are implementing throughout the year. We appreciate our ongoing relationship with Almabase to positively impact and bring together our alumni.

Matthew N.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Amazing Product & Company!

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Easy. The people that I have spoken with at Almabase are easy to talk to and very understanding.

Pros

Almabase has made a very simple and great looking product. The company will go out of their way to help me understand what it is that I need to know to set up a page, event page, or a fundraising campaign. When I contact Almabase, I usually receive a response within an hour of reaching out to them. They even sent a representative to our school to demonstrate to our alumni how easy it is to use their product.

Cons

There really is nothing I can say negative about the product or the company.

Kate F.

Almabase Support is Key

Reviewed on 2020/01/28

Almabase's team, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular, have been great to work with!

Pros

The support team was my favorite part of Almabase. Whenever I had a question, whether conceptual or technical, their team would reply quickly, send support resources, and were very willing to set up time to meet virtually, to review processes. It made me feel less alone in the administration process.

Cons

My least favorite part of the software was more that it was not the right fit ultimately for my organization's alumni needs. It seems like it would be a good solution for those with a more traditional alumni base (i.e. those looking for a place for alumni to post content and fundraise).

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Gordon M.

Great Team, Product, and Company

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

Overall, Almabase has been a great partner as we begin our endeavor in Alumni Relations. Because of Almabase we have been very successful in our first 8 months. They are constantly giving us strategies to improve and offering assistance. We just had an in-person visit from them that will help us immensely as we enter the second phase of our program. I truly feel they have a personal interest in your success.

Pros

At first, I was not fully bought into this company and software. However, after the first month, I realize that they truly care about your success. My main pros are:

- Ease of setup
- Creative solutions to problems
- Partner with you to create a plan for your success
- Great price
- Always improving
- Great communication center
- Fast response

Cons

- Some bugs with the software when doing more advanced features. However, they fixed them very quickly.

Joby J.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Amazing tool to build the alumni engagement & enable us to keep the network with alumni

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

Feel great that we now have the capability to offer a platform for alumni networking. Alumni are able to stay connected after graduation and help other members in the community by sharing wide range of opportunities (career/internship...). This has been the one of the best investment to keep our alumni and students connected.

Cons

There are no cons in particular. Their support is also good and timely. Hopefully they keep continuing the excellent service.

Andre M.

A very good experience

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

I am very satisfied with Almabase.

Pros

It's very easy to use and the platform is very friendly. The costumer support is very good and fast. They really work together with you. What deliver and provide what they set out to do. If you don't have time, experience, team to work with it is a very good start point in order to connect and engage your alumni network.

Cons

There is no much. One of the things is that the platform is very good but the design is limited in somehow. You cannot change the design and specially, the structure, of the homepage. The changes available right now is the colors, fonts and the header/footer. When they are able to let you free to create your own structure and design of the page, it will be amazing!!

Joe B.
Industry: Education Management

Outstanding alumni database and giving day products

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Great customer service. Took a real interest in our needs. A rep visited with us for several days to see our operations in action and gain a better understanding of our needs.

Pros

The Almabase team provides outstanding customer services.
Alumni database features are similar to products provided by other vendors, but we particularly like Almabase's communication/email features.
Almabase created a day of giving website for us that amplified the results of our day of giving. Over 1000 donors gave close to $250,000 in a 24 hour period. The site handled the giving volume without delay or error and provided instantaneous updates.

Cons

No major concerns, some features we would like to see enhanced - for example, adding the capability to have notices scroll automatically on the site.