Webgility

Automate Your Ecommerce Bookkeeping

Michael W.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Webgility keeps the moving parts moving

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

We have an online store hosted using Volusion. We use QB online for accounting purposes. We use Infusionsoft as our CRM. Webgility connects all the pieces and keeps the orders synchronized in QB, and allows us to use a class that keeps Infusionsoft current. The customer service is great, although there have been times where I had to wait an hour or 2 for a call back. When we connect, the problem is always solved.

Pros

Webgility posts all of our transactions to Quickbooks online every evening. Set it up and forget about it.

Cons

Occasionally the link will break, but I don't know which piece of the puzzle causes that to occur.

I strongly suggest you keep looking

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

I was an early adopter of their platform almost 9 years ago. I had regular issues that seemed to be a result of regularly changing software data structures and they struggled to keep up with it. I frequently had issues with corrupted data that resulted from issues with inventory and product sync. When they changed to a cloud-based product, they wanted to increase my yearly cost by 400% despite the issues I had experienced. Their off-shore support made getting issues addressed very difficult and inconvenient to address. After struggling with issues, I was renewed for another year in December of 2019. I protested and was told in February of 2020 that I would receive a refund. No refund ever came and when I pushed, I was told that I had paid for the year and they couldn't cancel me in the middle of the year despite the fact that I have proof they offered a cancellation. I just found out I was automatically charged again this past December. It was this most recent charge despite me NOT using the software for over a year that prompted me to write about my bad experiences.

Pros

It had promise in the beginning in an area without much competition.

Cons

The cost skyrocketed after they went to a cloud-based model and they became greedy. Their support is bare minimum and they struggle to keep up with updates

Austin S.
  • Industry: Tobacco

Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

TERRIBLE. WOULD NOT RECCOMEND TO ANYONE FOR ANY REASON.

Pros

The ability to give me a total cost for each order with shipping included.

Cons

ABSOLUTLEY TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE>

Marissa S.

ECC by Webgility for connection of Magento to Quickbooks POS

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

We are overall satisfied with Webgility, it has streamlined our order processing.

Pros

Easily connect your orders from Magento through ECC to Quickbooks POS to simplify the process of adding orders to Quickbooks POS, shipping orders, canceling orders, and Posting completed orders back to Magento so that customers receive tracking for the shipment.

Cons

Unfortunately this product has not allowed us to compare shipping rates across shipping providers, USPS and UPS.

Byron R.

Great for quickbooks

Reviewed on 2016/08/29

I love Webgility! My company has used it for years to help with our eCommerce business. It saves so much time from having to put orders from Amazon into quick books manually. It also takes out the human error element of entering so many orders!

Pros

Time saver! Makes managing our ecommerce business much easier!

Cons

Can have unit of measure complications if you sell products in multiple packaging options.

Tyler G.

Terrible, do not purchse!

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Pros

Implementation expert was friendly and supportive.

Cons

Terrible customer service. Lost thousands trying to integrate with them. Tried to cancel order but they weren't able to give even a partial refund. Said I missed their 30 day refund policy, yet it took them over 60 days to get us set up?? How could I make the 30 day refund period when the set up took longer than 30 days??

Sheri S.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Ina L.

UK Businesses Avoid

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Exchausted, dealing with Covid and Brexit, and then so much of my time spending to help staff to identify missing orders, and fixing error manually was a nightmare. Not needed at this time.

Pros

Liked the linkage of records from Shopify to Webgility to Quickbooks. Undo function, to reverse an entry from Webgility to Quickbooks. Importing Fees from PayPal is a good functionality.

Cons

Every single week we had to raise or log a case since all transactions does not pull through, which meant we could not trust once automation. All fees went into our system with VAT, thus we had to manually update each record, or do a mass calculation and entry into Quickbooks. Support allowed us to share screen and we could show them the settings in Quickbooks, and that it is indeed a webgility error. Developers adjusted settings and now we have orders that sync with an error so can not be created in Quickbooks at all. Manual labour, testing and time spend just outweighing working with the company as a UK customer. If you a UK based company, make sure to see a lot of sections in USD, no time zone for UK etc... although they will assure you at point of sale the system caters for the UK. In summary, great functionality, but it does not work and data is unreliable. I think we have contributed to enhance functionality, but know that if you cancel early no refund. I will advise to pay monthly and try for 6 months before an annual subscription. We now implemented a more basic App, OneSaaS but not even completed the trial and we are automating, each and every transaction including VAT, Discounts, Fees and deposits and all data are pulling in correctly and no more manual editing in Quickbooks. A great way to start the year, making the switch.

Corey V.
  • Industry: Sports

Efficient tool for posting orders to Quickbooks!

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

Overall Webgility has really improved efficiencies in posting to Quickbooks and other selling platforms all together.

Pros

Posting orders to Quickbooks has been a game-changer for us. Previously we manually entered each order into Quickbooks (which took a long time). Webgility has helped speed up that process 10 fold!

Cons

Webgility is great, but gets buggy when there is an update to the software. Unfortunately, there is no way for them to send notifications every time there is a new software update, so we have to take a more reactive approach as opposed to proactively updating before we come across any issues.

Scott H.
  • Industry: Printing

Groundhog Day (the movie) same thing day after day

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

Upgraded to a new web platform and was informed they had the expertise to make the transition. We committed to the site change and Webgility was unable to connect to the site. Everyday was the same thing, "let me do a screen share" for a 1/2 hour, only to say "it doesn't work, let me see if we can fix it", next day "screen share again please, and since no one worked on it, it was the same 1/2 hour of screen share with no results. I watched a tech trace the Webgility logo for 10 min with the mouse....they had to know someone was watching?
After a month I gave up and moved to another company who got us up and going.
I asked for a prorated refund of the money we had pre-paid and was told we would get $700. back. That was July. Heard the "Check is in the mail" many times and still waiting for the refund here on Dec 10th.

Pros

It pulled our website accounting to quickbooks

Cons

Very slow at the process. Customer service was a joke

Scott W.

Customer Support is hard to come by

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

Pros

Seems to offer a lot of features, support was good at first. I would recommend people think twice and go where the support is high rated.

Cons

The customer support is very lacking. They seem to rarely respond and takes weeks to do anything. Don't seem to take as seriously once you have already signed the contract.

• Used Other for Free Trial

Manage your online retail company from one single dashboard

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Pros

Perfect for multichannel selling. Integrates with Zero and Quickbooks Desktop and Quickbooks online. Sync's inventory across platforms.

Cons

Needs additional features such as: Purchase Orders, Vendors and Secondary Suppliers, Inventory cycle counts. A good start, but will still need to piece on additional software to get a full business solution.

Brett H.
  • Industry: Media Production

Decent Software / Horrific WooCommerce Integration

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

Horrible. Have been bringing this to their attention for months with no resolution. Keep promising to look into it, but they don't . They finally send reluctant email admitting that the reason the competitors plugins work properly is because the competitors (like ShipStation) are PROPERLY using the WooCommerce API and Webgility is not. When asked why they can't use the API and properly make a decent plugin, they say they'll get back us - but don't.

IF YOU ARE USING WOOCOMMCERE - TRUST ME - AVOID WEBGILITY AT ALL COSTS. We have switched to ShipStation and it is working amazing, their support is amazing, and it's 10x cheaper.

Lesson learned. Sorry Webgility - we tried to help you, and you ignored us.

Pros

The software has many great features, is able to ship using wide variety of carriers and presents your orders in useful ways, posts back to store channels and posts to QuickBooks.

Cons

Awful non-standard WooCommerce integration is ruining the software, and management has no desire to fix it. Instead of following industry standards and adhering to WooCommerce & plugin API's and documented best practices, they have written some crazy mess of spaghetti code years ago and try to band aid it with updates and customizations, making it so that every time WooCommerce updates (as well as their many plugins), various things stop working. We've spent hundreds hiring outside developers to customize the code to work properly with standard Woo plugins like Product Variations, Shipment Tracking, and more. Every developer has commented that the Webgility WooCommerce plugin is the biggest mess they've ever seen.

Whenever we update plugins like reviews, tracking, WooCommerce, etc - Webgility will break, because they don't follow standards. We've been telling them this for years.

So, just for fun this past week, we downloaded and installed default plugins from competitors like ShipStation and Atandra's T-Hub - guess what? They worked immediately with all plugins and no problems. That shows you Webgility is doing it wrong.

Lisa P.

Great product for managing inventory, and Great support!

Reviewed on 2021/02/01

We sync inventory from WooCommerce to QuickBooks Enterprise

Pros

It seamlessly integrates our inventory from WooCommerce to QuickBooks Enterprise.

Cons

It is a very complicated software (as it should be, because we have a complicated inventory system). So setup and learning curve were long. But once we all got used to it, and learned how to set things up properly, we rarely experience problems anymore.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Poor solution which reflects their leadership

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

Due to these continuous problems we tweaked how we used the tool which led to a decision to downgrade our subscription. Webgility was properly notified yet downgrade was not reflected when our subscription renewed. Despite numerous emails on the subject, Webgility was willing to honor the subscription adjustment as we had evidence of proper submission BUT not willing to refund difference. More or less only willing to extend subscription length - which would have been from 1 year to over 2 years. This concerned us as either their mgmt was unethical OR their viability was in trouble - so we decided to walk away from Webgility. Buyer beware with this company...

Pros

When working, does an ok job of doing what we needed.

Cons

Problem is that it broke down frequently which led to support calls and product reloads.

Rene S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Awesome integration tool

Reviewed on 2020/07/24

We have been using webgility to synchronize all of our e-commerce business. We use shopify, amazon, walmart and all of our sales and inventory is synchronized. Very good tool to keep everything in one place.

Pros

You can integrate any popular e-commerce platform with your accounting software. It also provides analytics and reporting of all the data going through your sales channels including sales orders and inventory.

Cons

We use it to sync our e-commerce business with quickbooks desktop, for this you need an extension installed and there are times where the extension glitches and you need to re-send data , etc. Maybe this could be improved for the desktop version of the extension.

Carlos S.

great tool

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

this tool is great because it allows merchants with multiple sales channels to unify all their orders and expenses to their accounting system it is a great tooL!

Cons

the prices of this tool have increased a lot however we haven been customers since the begining of the app so we get good pricing.

Jerry N.

Awesome Tech Support

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Pros

Tech support was awesome. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very professional and pleasant to work with. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] kept at it till my issue was resolved.

Cons

Would like tutorials. If y'all have them I don't know where they are.

Tracy A.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Great idea...problems implementing

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

I love that I can import my invoices from Shopify directly into QuickBooks Online. It saves us a lot of time and double entry and keeps us from making mistakes.

Cons

The concept is great but there are a few things you have to do right up front in order to make it work properly. Also, if your customer creates a login and their information is slightly different from QuickBooks it will create a new customer instead of adding this data to a current customer. The same thing goes with item numbers. You have to make sure you know exactly what to do Upfront for this system to work properly.

Chuck B.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Long term, very satisfied user

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

We've been thoroughly pleased with both the functionality and support we've received from Webgility. Our support team (namely, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) is very knowledgeable and easily reachable (no long hold times). They've "had our back" during our steady, aggressive growth over the past few years.

Webgility has allowed us to run lean and has been a huge savings over our previous integrated solution.

Pros

- Integrates / syncs inventory & pricing with Shopify, Amazon and Quickbooks
- shipping functionality
- highly configurable
- browser-based
- affordable

Cons

- because of it's high configurability / functionality, implementation does take a bit longer

Steven M.
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Beware of Scam

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

After a month of not being able to reach anybody, I received a call back from a gentleman who was based overseas. He told me he was calling me back to schedule my set-up with an engineer. I responded that this was a month earlier I'd signed up and had since been set-up and running with another solution since I never heard back from them and was unable to get anybody to pick up my calls. He explained my 30 day trial was over but that if I allowed him to set up my software now, that would make up for it. I asked to speak to his manager. The next day another person in the same office called and again was very rude in explaining that my month trial was up but that he would extend my subscription for a month. THIS IS CLEARLY A SCAM AND I WOULD BEWARE

Pros

I did a trial of this software and it seemed like it would provide what was needed to link my Shopify store to Quickbooks, our accounting system.

Cons

I signed up for the plan based on the offer of a free 30-day trial. However, after paying by credit card and walking through all the features with a salesman the frustrations began. I was unable to get ahold of anybody after the initial email and called the (415) number listed on their correspondence, which is a San Francisco area code. However, I got voice mail any time I tried calling and the team is all in India.

Luca D.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Webgility Review

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

it is good and I am liking it working with Webgility with Quick Books and Amazon

Pros

Order download functionality

Cons

Avalara tax issue is there on which we are working to resolve. Customer service is working hard to resolve the issue.

George C.

Great Service by Webgility support team

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

Great

Pros

Makes all things much easier, keeping inventory and all other aspects

Cons

I really do not have anything bad going for this service so all I can say is so far so good

• Used Other for 1+ year

Poor Experience

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Very dissatisfied with what we paid for and had too many issues trying to compensate for the lack of supported features.

Pros

Eliminates workload for posting transactions to QuickBooks.
Connects to multiple channels (Amazon, Ebay, etc)

Cons

Does not support unpopular shopping cart modules i.e.(Shopsite).
Expensive for such little features.
Expensive and timely customization work
Too many irrelevant buttons that do absolutely nothing.
Customer service is hard to reach.
Inconsistent account management

Tevin M.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Poor Experience All-around

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Before any business considers this software, do your own research and know exactly what you are getting before you decide to purchase.

Pros

Connecting to multiple channels (Amazon, Ebay)
Connecting to QuickBooks, posting transactions quicker.

Cons

Customer service is not easy to work with.
Expensive tool for limited features.
Expensive customization work that does not function completely.
Limited shopping cart modules.