Weekdone

OKR software and coaching for successful OKR implementation

Anastasia R.

A good SW to start working with OKRs

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

Pros

- ease of use and user-friendly interface
- really helpful and clear dashboards, tree-view - overall visualization part
- excellent support from Weekdone consulting team, really timely help, efficient workshops and personal approach

Cons

- not very convenient part with writing and editing OKRs (sometimes you cannot undo the action and previous version is not saved in the history, sometimes while you are editing your comments something goes wrong and you need to reload the page)
- absence of bi-weekly check feature (or even something customized to cover the possibility to do 1-4 week sprints)
- absence of the possibility to assign weights to Objectives and not only KRs

Response from Weekdone

Thank you so much for your feedback! We will follow up with you regarding the OKR editing features you brought up.

Alejandro F.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Weekdone is simple and very helpful

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Pros

I believe most of the features it has are really helpful all the way from the OKR philosophy to the simple tools for weekly reporting, regular goal setting, internal communication and feedback provision. I recently started using Weekdone together with Zapier to automate the introduction of tasks from my daily calendar and works splendid. The customer support and interaction with the development team is really great and the do care about you and your needs. Well done!

Cons

Sometimes I would like to have a better way to know what it will take to incorporate my feedback into new releases as some of the features that I have requested are really needed. I also believe that the dashboard for quantitative progress analysis, while really very helpful, is somewhat cryptic. I would like to have an easier way to understand how to reflect progress on tasks/OKRs from the individual level to the company level.

Andrew N.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Great experience, great weekly report / management software.

Reviewed on 2017/06/20

Weekdone helped replaced an outdated weekly report structure using outdated methods (Excel/Word).

OKR/KR is a great way to establish, document and monitor continuous improvement goals at the team, department and company level and is something that all companies should strive for.

Pros

Great methodology (PPP), Great way to push continuous improvement forward with OKR/KR in a transparent way that allows others to show their contribution to the growth of the company and it's goals via weekly tasks linked to OKR/KR. Weekdone replaced an outdated process that used inaccessible, non-mobile Excel/Word documents that were primarily filled out by end-users just because they needed to at the end of the week -- not because it helped them plan their upcoming week.

Cons

None currently; I have had an issue with the mobile app crashing previously but those have been resolved.

Kelsey A.

Works great for OKRs

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

Pros

It makes it easy to track your progress for the quarter with your OKRs.

Cons

It can be hard to see others OKRs and how they all connect together.

Jacky - P.

Reviewed on 2016/08/12

Kinga O.

Weekdone = Work Done

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

We gave Weekdone a try in our organisation and it works wonders! I have never encountered such a great onboarding process. Everything was explained in a clear, transparent way, so implementing this tool was a piece of cake. Also, it helped us prioritize some tasks and actually have them done!

Cons

While I find the onboarding process really great, it may be overwhelming a bit for new users. I guess it is the matter of time and it can be turned into an amazing user experience.
Also, the mobile app could have worked a bit better.

Hamid F.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Anastasia P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Goal tracking becomes easy

Reviewed on 2020/08/29

Can be very useful in both cases: personal goal tracking and business OKR tracking

Pros

I was looking at the market and tried to find a simple and affordable solution to manage progress on my goals. And that is it, nothing more to add.

Cons

It is all about weekly base. If you prefer monthly base and reports then it is not right software. But I think it is easy to switch and track the progress from week to week.

• Industry: Sports

Excellent for Remote Teams

Reviewed on 2015/07/14

Using Weekdone with a remote team, and it has helped keep everyone on the same page. Very happy with the feature and UI, as well. Attractive and easy app.

Pros

Gives great transparency to our team!

Alena K.

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Jeff S.

OKR tracking and Weekly Planning-a winning combination!

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

We were looking for a simple and affordable solution for composing and sharing OKR and tracking progress. Weekdone had those features and more at an affordable price. They worked with us on non-profit bulk pricing which was a big help. They also provided a lot of support and time to demo, understand and implement the software. We are now on our third quarter and the bulk of our staff have really taken off with quarterly objectives and weekly planning. The way the weekly planning items can be linked to a quarterly objective is quite powerful. As an organization we feel more united and focused on obtaining our mission and vision.

Pros

Flexible and affordable OKR implementation. Easy user and team configuration. Users can be on multiple teams at multiple levels (member, manager, observer). Customizable editing and sharing permissions at multiple levels (Org, Dept, Team, Individual). Weekly planning and reports, also customizable and can be private or shared. Wealth of training videos and tutorials. OKR linking/hierarchies.

Cons

We initially wanted monthly reports, but only weekly was available--"it's in the name, 'week-done'." However, there is a reason for that and we've adapted to the weekly cadence. Support is overseas so it can take some time to get a response. Training was a little confusing for some users at first. Some initial browser and permissions issues, but those were resolved.

• Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Weekdone is a top tier OKR app with room for improvement

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

Pros

Weekdone has an integration with Asana that aligns an organization's top-level goals with projects and tasks.

Cons

Can be confusing to setup and implement across a team.

Response from Weekdone

Thank you for your feedback!

Implementing OKR methodology comes with a lot of challenges indeed. The main challenge is introducing the proper process for setting, reviewing, aligning and tracking progress.

This is why in Weekdone we offer full support for customers and guide them step-by-step to implementing OKRs and maximizing their usage of Weekdone as a tool.

We have email and chat support for short questions, but as part of the paid package all of our customers have access to our OKR coaches and are able to set up multiple trainings - both in OKR methodology itself and how to best utilize Weekdone with their company.

If you are having issues, please encourage your team to reach out to us and book a training for leadership or the whole company!

Greg G.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Weekdone continues to improve

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

I use it for personal productivity tracking, and I forward my weekly report to my supervisor directly from the tool.

Pros

No overhead weekly planning. Great for single users as it is free. I'm certain that the teaming functions would be very useful as well, but have not tried them. I love being able to map my results to OKRS, which makes it easy to generate end-of-year reports for my reviews.
The weekdone team has consistently added functionality without breaking key features or making it too bloated. This is not easy to do, and they should be commended.

Cons

I do wish that you could export your weekly report into a really nice format for an email. Current options are PDF, XLS, and it will email you an HTML formatted version. Managers typically want to cut and paste results from your weekly into a group weekly, and currently Weekdone doesn't make the task easy, unless the whole group is using Weekdone.

Scott H.

Just What I Wanted

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

As the subject states, this software is just what I was looking for to track organizational OKRs. Winner.

Pros

Super simple to set up and administer, great "use" guidance in content, flexibility, dashboard presentation

Cons

Took a while to get used to a few of the UI tricks (notes on a KR), email nagging

Ryan M.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Pros

I like how the software synced with Basecamp.

Cons

Tricky to master at first but once you get familiar with it, it gets easier.

Timothy P.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Value for Team members that translates to Value for management

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

I like the OKR method. It is logical, and the focus that Weekdone brings to progressing to your goals one week at a time really works for me and my team. Also, we are a start-up, so it is a great substitute for a formal objectives management process from HR.

Pros

Personal level: Planning the weeks work, prioritizing and most important checking that I'm actually working on tasks that move me closer to achieving my quarterly goals. It's a breeze to set up your plan for the week.
For my team: facilitating great discussions about what they are doing, how they are tracking to the goals, and where they need assistance. HR mandated quarterly, semi-annual or annual sit-downs seem a waste of time because we're all in sync and I'm able to document that.

Cons

I wish they had recurring events/tasks but of course that is against their philosophical design as the recurring events tend not to be ones that progress you towards any substantial company or personal objective. Still, it is my weekly planner and there are things I HAVE to do that recur.

Gary M.

Very useful

Reviewed on 2019/11/27

Keep focusing on our quaterly and yearly goals!

Pros

It's great to use Weekly planning and see progress every day. The Quaterly Objectives keep our focus on the big goals.

Cons

It's userfriendly but you need to use it on a daily basis to really learn it.

Oliver V.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Using Weekdone has significantly improved our team's transparency and keeping track of...

Reviewed on 2017/05/11

Pros

Sipmplicity of usage and possibility to get effective reports on progress of other team members involved in joint projects.

Cons

So far haven't found any significant cons or unnecessary features. The product design is also easy on the eye.

Brad W.
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Value added!

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

Weekdone makes it easy to look back on successes of the team. This did wonders for our moral.

Pros

I value documenting successes of our team and easily downloading history.

Cons

For a time, downloading history was difficult.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Really great software for planning and keeping track of OKR's within teams.

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

I love all the features that come with the software. The weekly planning keeps me accountable to actually completing my OKR's. I even gave up other softwares once I started using the weekly planning.

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve to using Week Done. At the beginning it can be confusing, but with the help from the Week Done support team it became much more clear on how teams within the software should be set up.

Lucas F.

Weekdone to get things done!

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Pros

- Great tool to get your personal and work tasks alligned
- Very good to make "notes" that you can pick up later
- Easy integration with mobile
- Good for GIOOYH (Get It Out Of Your Head)
- Free version

Cons

- Not much.. It's a simple to use tool and definitely does where its meant for.

David R.

Avoid Weekdone at all costs

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

I found their customer service to be novice. You can tell this program is a one many show. They have very poor support. I actually signed up for the paid subscription by mistake. I emailed them and they would not refund me. This program is a joke.

Pros

Nothing. It comes off as easy to use but quickly becomes disorganized.

Cons

The program is poorly built. It starts nice but becomes messy very quickly. You are much better off with a different program. I switched to Ally.

The pricing model at Weekdone is also "stupid". They charge you a package price. You pay a monthly amount for 6-10 users. That means you end up paying more per user if you only have 6 users. Most of the other platforms charge per user.

Rafael del valle A.
  • Industry: Human Resources

I use weekdone to say my team what I am doing and why...

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

Pros

It can give to me KPI of my productivity.

Cons

At the beginning it was kinda hard to understand

Venitria C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Easy to use for everyone

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Pros

You can check the progress of others on team projects. It helps you stay focused and it's very easy to use.

Cons

Program runs pretty smoothly. Can't think of any cons at this time.

Hannah C.

Using Weekdone with a remote team. It's excellent for collaboration and cutting down on email.

Reviewed on 2015/07/14

Increased transparency within our team. Allows for more consistent feedback. Such an improvement from old method of e-mailing and trying to check in with everyone.