Pike13

A cloud-based client management and scheduling solution

Kyle S.
  • Industry: Sports

PIKE13 is great for recurring billings and online bookings!

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Overall our experience was exceptional, we are still using and will continue to use PIKE13!

Pros

Direct online booking for clients, the ability to require a stored credit card in order to reserve time on our schedules, recurring billing and payments, links to MailChimp email marketing, simple interface, easy to navigate and work together among teammates.

Cons

No PIKE13 integration to our main Web site aside from Widgets. It was like managing and having two Web sites, somewhat redundant. Customer support is via email. It's hard to get a hold of a person directly but they do their best.

Michelle F.

Good depending on needs

Reviewed on 2021/03/27

Pike 13 did not suit our needs. We weren’t able to get valuable reports, customer service was less than average and the back end was not decreasing our admin time.

Pros

It has an app which was liked by our staff. Duplicating a session and editing it was easy for repeating classes.

Cons

No ability to do payment plans, enroll multiple students at one time, do auto discounts. It would work better for a gym/studio but did not work well for our mostly youth programming. Was impossible to get financial info (credit card fee report) from them.

Response from Pike13

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for providing such a candid review of our product. I am sorry we did not work for your business' needs on the client side for bulk enrollment or multiple child enrollment. We also appreciate the feedback regarding payment plans for courses.

We wish you the best of luck going forward and appreciate the time you spent with Pike13.

Director of Customer Success

David L.

Love it...really....But...

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Short story - I was glad to find a software that gave me a lot I needed, but as my music school offers primarily one on me, private lessons, the class/gym structure made it pretty difficult to configure for my purposes. Good news, is FD Support was a great help! Also, the business model I must use of not having employees, but self employed contracted teachers, adds more difficulties of complexity and lack of ways to incentivize them to carry out necessary functions. Although not a problem of FD, but never-the-less, an issue I must deal with.

Pros

Overall, in spite of comments above, I do love what Front Desk offers in the way of reporting and communications with my customers...and the Support team is really amazingly helpful and always willing to do whatever it takes. THIS is a true pass of an excellent company , to not just offer a great product or service but BE THERE for the users.

Cons

Again, my biggest issue is functionally in my business model, as the structure of FD is based more on class offering and not geared toward private, one on one, services. I would also like to see more functions in breakdown of what staff members can and can not do.

Response from Front Desk

Hi David,

Thank you so much for your review! I'm happy you're enjoying Front Desk so far and appreciate your feedback about our Customer Care team.

Front Desk is designed to support businesses that offer both group classes and appointments.

It's been a while since we last chatted and I would like to schedule a call with you to learn more about your experience using our appointment functionality.

To schedule a time that works well for you, please email me at [email protected] and reference my reply to your review.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Mallory Q.

Green Locus

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

It has been great for my business but I do feel for the high price it should have a lot more features and be easier to use for the problems I listed above.

Pros

I enjoy the options for courses and series and most things I can figure out on my own without calling customer service so it is easy to use. I like the reports feature and making schedules is pretty easy as well.

Cons

I dislike that there is not a retail option to track retail, make labels, track inventory. So much extra work. I wish there was an app or easy way for clients to access their schedules. I have trouble understanding the revenue screen sometimes. I also dislike that I cannot use a dependent's parents credit card that is saved. For example, if enrolling a child who has a credit card saved under the parent, it doesn't show under the child so I have to enroll the parent in the class to charge that card. I will probably look into MindBody for next year because of the inventory issue and I have heard it is similar in price to Pike? I also would like to use the app "Loyal Snap." Many studio owners have said it is AMAZING for retaining clients and inviting clients back and I saw that app is only compatible with MB. If Pike was much cheaper I would like it more since it doesn't have the same features as MB, I don't think it should be the same price. Also would love training videos/tutorials to train staff and for myself when I started. A manual only option is not helpful for most people.

Response from Pike13

Hi Mallory,

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions. Your account manager will reach out to you to gather specifics and use cases.

Cindy

Drew R.

Solid Platform

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

Front Desk HQ has an amazing team of support specialists that are incredibly responsive and patient with their customers. I just recently made a big transition with my strength and nutrition business and wouldn't have been able to make the switch if not for the expert team of professionals who assisted me throughout the process.

Pros

It's honestly not as much about the software as it is about the people. I find the software requiring some workarounds

Cons

It'd be cool if clients with account credits can have plans attached to them that are auto debited monthly instead of manually having to go in and do it. It'd also be nice to be able to create a plan that allowed for unlimited of one service and a set amount of another service so I don't have to sell one person multiple plans and have them accept multiple terms and conditions as a result.

Response from Front Desk

Hi Drew,

Thank you for the feedback. We're glad you're enjoying Front Desk so far. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if there is anything we can do to help.

Christian M.

Great Yoga School Management Software

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

In the past we have used a couple of other yoga studio management softwares, including Mind Body Online. A little more than a year ago we switched to Front Desk and we have never had second thoughts. This software is at the same time intuitive and powerful.

Pros

- Easy to use and does what it is supposed to
- An incredibly powerful integration with Mail Chimp that allows you to programme automated emails based on member/customer activity.
- Great reporting
- Customisable customer site / front end
- PayPal integration

Cons

- A few features of minor importance are still missing

Response from Front Desk

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your review! I'm glad that you have been so happy with your switch to Front Desk - we love hearing that!

Please feel free to let us know how you think we could improve your experience with Front Desk. Your feedback is important to us as we continue to build our product.

And as always, don't hesitate to contact our support team at [email protected] if you have any issues or questions.

Katie and the Front Desk Team

Jordan M.

I love Front Desk!

Reviewed on 2017/03/19

I spent months reading online reviews about scheduling softwares and I trialed dozens of them. Front Desk is the only software with huge flexibility, incredible customer support, and a Point of Sale system built in. There are many softwares that look enticing at the beginning, but once you get into the nuicences of running a business through them, you realize how important customer support is. Front Desk has a rockstar team based in Seattle that knows my business, has infinite patience, and has excellent communication skills.

Pros

point of sale built in, ease of use, ability to schedule appointments, classes and courses, a simple app for smartphones, awesome and friendly customer service.

Cons

The only thing I can't currently do with this software is restrict clients by age (birthday). For example if I want to run a summer camp for 6-12 year olds, a 5 year old could register if the parent chooses to ignore our requirements.

Response from Front Desk

Thank you, Jordan. We're glad you are enjoying Front Desk so far. We appreciate your feedback and will keep it in mind as we continue to improve our service offering. As always, please let us know if there is anything else we can do to support your business.

Michael W.

Pike 13 at CrossFit Jääkarhu, Austin, TX

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Pike 13 is a great platform for our gym - we are able to run any and all necessary reports that we needs to keep track of and stay on top of our business metrics and our clients!

Pros

Customer service is A++. Ease of use and functionality is a close second!

Cons

Can be difficult to make big batch changes on the back end, but customer service and support is always available if we need them to help or assist!

Response from Pike13

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it very much! You have been a joy to work with since day one and we value your partnership.

Katelyn B.

We are so grateful to have found Pike13 and to provide our owners with such user-friendly...

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

A user-friendly platform that cuts down on day-to-day business tasks.

Pros

We love how easy Pike13 is to navigate. Time spent on day-to-day admin work for our franchise owners has been reduced drastically so they are able to spend more time on building their business.

Cons

Some features could be structured better for franchisors, such as mass customization and locking features.

Response from Pike13

Hi Katelyn,

Thank you so much for the kind words and your feedback on the franchise capabilities. We value you all and appreciate your continued partnership.

Justin R.

The Pike13 Kiosk App Does Not Work

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Pike has the potential to be a great fitness software disruptor, and provide a good alternative to MINDBODY. Unfortunately, the company suffers from poor inter office communication and less than honest practices.

Pros

If it worked, I’m sure it would be helpful. But it doesn’t....

Cons

On both of the App stores, as well as on their website Pike has their kiosk app listed as “compatible with Android Devices.” I ordered a 4th generation Samsung Galaxy Tablet to run the app so my clients can check themselves when they come in. Unfortunately the app DOES NOT work with all Android devices. After 4 days of back and forth emails I was told: “Looks like there is some incompatibility issues between the Kiosk app and Tablet/OS you are using.” I was never told which tablets work, nor an eta on the fix. As of now, I am stuck with a tablet which I don’t need and still do not have access to their Kiosk App. While there could be room for potential, Pike13 has repeatedly proven to be a sub-par company.

Response from Pike13

Hi Justin,

Thank you for providing feedback on our kiosk app. I am sorry that the app does not work on your Android device. With older devices and operating systems, there is an unfortunate chance that the kiosk app will not be compatible.

Director of Customer Success

Kyle B.

This has definitely got the job done.

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

The user interface is great. It makes it easy to see schedules for multiple providers and the whole schedule for the week

Cons

The things that I could see you change would be adding Moore applications for software that can interface with it.

Response from Pike13

Hi Kyle,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We really appreciate it! As we make changes and improvements to the platform, we will be sure to keep you updated.

Gia B.

The support staff at Pike13 are extremely helpful!

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

The fact that I can look up anything I don't know how to do in their Help Center. Anything beyond that, I can contact their support team for more details.

Cons

Perhaps a simpler way to pull reports. It was a learning curve with all the filters, but once you get in there, it gets easier.

Response from Pike13

Hi Gia,

Thank you so much for the review and the feedback. We value you as our partners!

Cindy

Alexa S.

Love it!

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Pros

I like that it's easy to navigate and find what I need.

Cons

Sometimes reporting isn't very intuitive and it takes a long to to figure out how to get what I want.

Response from Pike13

Thank you for your review, Alexa! We're thrilled to hear that you love Pike13. Please feel free to reach out to your account manager with any questions you have about reporting¿we're here to help!

-Katie

Michael B.

This software provides great value for our business.

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

Pros

It is easy to use and train new employees as well. We switched to this software from Zen Planner and we feel the value is much better for our business model. The mobile app allows us to conduct business with any device which is very helpful.

Cons

We wish it had an inventory feature for our merchandise and supplements. We manually count our inventory.

Amanda P.

Music Studio Scheduling

Reviewed on 2017/06/15

Love the app. It's not restricting in that you can perform most functions/updates/ through it without using your computer.

Pros

Recurring billing. App functions well - even with setup. Simple screen. Love that clients have the ability to see their schedule and update sensitive info (like credit card info) on their own.

Cons

Too many steps to do simple tasks (Ex. Rescheduling: a click and drag feature should be implemented to make quick adjustments.)

Don R.

I've been a client with these guys for over 3 years and they continually increase their prices...

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Pros

It's great for signing people in. Auto bill pay is nice but is it really anything that another company can't do? Not sure.

Cons

They don't like to take care of their longtime customers. Instead of grandfathering them into the rates they've agreed to, they continually increase prices and use semantics to say they are adjusting your discounted rates. Strongly considering looking elsewhere.

Response from Pike13

Hi Don,

Thank you for providing your feedback and experiences. Your account manager has been and will continue to be in contact with you regarding your concerns over the price increase.

S W.

Very Disappointed in Front Desk

Reviewed on 2015/10/21

The product Front Desk had its problems and limitation but as a start-up business I had planned to use them and felt as I progressed, so would they. While they have a trial period like most, it was obvious that I was putting in a lot of time creating my site. Never having done something like this before I knew that the staff support would be a huge contributor to my success. Things started out great but as time went on during the trial period they kept dropping the ball. They would say all the right things and have you really truly believing them...and then nothing. I gave them several opportunities to rectify the situation and they kept failing. I figured if this is what happens during the 'trial period' for new customers what would they be like to work with when you are a paying customer. Their focus is on small businesses but I say they have 'lost their focus', and customer service is key.

Response from Front Desk

Hi there, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with our trial version. We pride ourselves in providing an intuitive, simple product backed up with a helpful and courteous support team. When you become a Front Desk customer, you will be paired with a New Client Consultant for training, as well as a Customer Success Manager to help you set your business up on Front Desk. Again, our sincere apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused. If you'll let us, we'd love to help rectify the situation and see if you'd be a good fit for the product. Please contact [email protected] Thank you.

Ray T.

Not Happy With This Solution

Reviewed on 2016/02/04

This solution is not well suited for our music instruction business. While it does assist with the financial transactions through our gateway, it relies way too heavily on using strictly a digital model
Major usability issues:
Reporting engine is a bit cumbersome to use and often requires what would seem to be extra clicks to get at information.
Online scheduling does not accomodate any offline/hard copy alternative for a work schedule; so when system is down or internet connectivy an issue, there is no practical way of seeing the schedule.
Managing lessons is a bit of challenge when compared to a previous spreadsheet solution.
Some challenges in the behind the scenes workflows that don't align with how we do business, and they are slow to fix/resolve requests.

Response from Front Desk

Thank you for your review. User feedback is invaluable to us. As a mobile-first software, Front Desk is built so that you can manage your whole business from the palm of your hand. However, you can quickly print rosters and class schedules so that you always have a hard copy in front of you (Just navigate to File > Print in your browser to see it in action). And with a 99.99% uptime rate that means Front Desk is working nearly all the time, so software crashing will not be a blocker to your business. Regarding Reporting, we hear you. Behind the scenes, we¿ve been working on new reporting systems to help you get the numbers you want as quickly as possible¿so stay tuned.

Christin C.

Great software for fitness industry

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

So far so good!!! Anytime I need help I send in a question and get a great response promptly. Learning the ins and outs have been pretty easy though.

Response from Front Desk

Hi Christin,

Thanks for your review! I'm so glad to hear that you've been happy with Front Desk. We appreciate that you chose to give us a try!

Our support team is here to help you as much as you need. Don't hesitate to continue reaching out with any questions you have.

Katie and the Front Desk Team

Matt H.

Beware VERY BAD CHOICE

Reviewed on 2016/01/12

Same experience as other reviewers. They give you the sales pitch that the software will do everything specifically you need. When you find out it is a scam, they don't return phone calls, emails or any method of contact. Since they are ignoring our communications now to stop the free trial, we are going through the steps to block the credit card charge that other reviewers have warned about. Unfortunately, we have to wait until they use our credit card number to erroneously bill us to dispute. Just don't go there with this company.

Response from Front Desk

Hi Matt ¿ We're sorry you had a bad experience with Front Desk. I see that you have been in touch with members of our team and that you decided to cancel your account with us.

Again, we're sorry and wish you the best of luck and success in the future!

Kris Knowles
Manager of Customer Support

Kenneth S.

It does the core job I need it do well. We schedule our classes, do payroll and monitor our...

Reviewed on 2015/10/19

Pro - I can see my classes easily on a weekly basis
Con - I can only see the room usage in the daily view
Con - setting up services and plans not so intuitive
Pro - Once the system is set up, payroll is very easy
Con - the export of data as csv only can be time consuming in the usage, reformatting etc

Response from Front Desk

Hi Kenneth, thanks for your review! Glad to hear the Front Desk schedule and payroll are working well for you.

Mark F.

Great application

Reviewed on 2016/11/25

We've been using Front for about 6 months now and have found it to be a rock-solid product. We tried a lot of other systems and nothing came close. Well done!

Response from Front Desk

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the feedback! We're glad you like using Front Desk.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if there is anything we can do to help. You can reach us at [email protected]

Darby B.

Best Personal Training a Software

Reviewed on 2016/03/14

The app is very good. I like that I can access every feature of a Front Desk from my app. The entire program has come a long way from when I started using it and now I just love it. I love that I can have 1 person pay for 2 people. It's just really good software. Everything is seamless. I tried a few other programs and realized this is the best that's out there.

Leah W.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 2015/06/27

The customer service at Front Desk is top notch! Great company, great staff! Thanks for all you do!

Carly C.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Would it recommend this software.

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

Pros

Simple to use. Not as many features as I needed, but good if you're looking for a basic system to run with your front desk.

Cons

They do not follow up once you sign up. Management is impossible to get in contact with and the representative sell you into signing contracts that lock you in. Do not use. There are a ton of other, better softwares out there.