monday.com

(4 631)

yasin
yasin
  • Industry: Food Production

Monday works wonders for project management in manufacturing

Reviewed on 2023/09/09

I'm very happy with the boost Monday's given us in managing our projects. We first bought it to set up shared boards for our projects, but very quickly expanded our use into shared documents, forms, notes, and more. I definitely recommend it if you need one source of truth for project management.

Pros

I like the sandbox environment it creates to boost collaboration. We have shared boards to monitor everyone's tasks, shared documents, forms, etc. When you need a new type of document or collaborative environment, chances are, Monday will already have it.

Cons

It's hard to start using it confidently in the beginning. I was a bit overwhelmed in the beginning by all the different modules available. It might be a bit frustrating to onboard to it if you can't spare a lot of time to learn it in the beginning

• Industry: Semiconductors
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Monday is a glorified Excel

Reviewed on 2024/01/06

Overall, I can work win Monday.com. But, it has to be a lot better and user friendly., The import feature need to import card data not only the card titles from the Trello.

Pros

Monday has a lot of app integrations much like Trello. However, integrations are not as easy as Trello. I like that I can add files to the updates and has a preview option built right into the Monday. Saves a lot of time going to different places to show progress while in a department call.

Cons

It does not look put together tightly as Trello. I like the overall visuals of Trello boards. Items do not have much capabilities like Trello too. It does not have a separate attachment section into the items cards.

Josh
  • Industry: Music

Vanilla project management software. There’s better out there.

Reviewed on 2024/02/08

Ok, but very expensive for the cost. Airtable is less pretty but much better and cheaper

Pros

Easy interface. I like the email integration, alerts and drag and drop interface.

Cons

Personally I found it useless for any sort of intermediate automations, it’s also impossible to link tables / projects together into any sort of way where you can have summary views that are useful with 2 way reactive tables. Ie. If you want to feed tables into one - that’s fine - but try to action anything from the summary table with any sort of conditions and it falls apart.

ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

It’s looked great initially but the lack of advanced features implementable without heavily customised code or expensive 3rd party addons made it fairly useless to me. I want to project manage, not learn to code.
Janelle

Best project management solution for construction

Reviewed on 2023/12/07

Monday has been a fantastic project management solution for our business. We have come to rely solely on it to manage all of our tasks across several departments like HR, Sales, Operations, etc.

The product performs very well. We very rarely have to fix things by hand. It's also relatively easy to set up and integrate with other tools, and surprisingly, it didn't take months to move everyone's tasks onto it thanks to the simple interface. All in all, we're very happy with the serivce from Monday, would definitely recommend.

Pros

I love how in-depth the product is. There are so many modules for all kinds of different features, like managing documents, inventory, pdfs, and more. It makes it so much easier for us to maintain our IT infrastructure by reducing the number of separate tools we have to integrate and keep up with. It's also a big plus for our budget. Also, I think the interface is masterfully designed to make everything easy to navigate even when you start having more and more boards and projects on it.

Cons

It woyld be good to have the mobile interface improved a bit. Right now, it's a bit ard to navigate and you can't use a lot of the features on mobile. We'd definitely benefit from having more features available on mobile, especially for our field personnel.

Jira, Project Server and Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

The variety of features offered was very important for us to boost our expansion efforts, and Monday had a lot more related features that the other options didn't have. It also had an edge in terms of interface and te number of native integrations available.
Stephanie

The Best Organizational Tool

Reviewed on 2024/02/02

Pros

Monday.com takes organization struggles away and allows for clear communication and project management in the creative team. Our team can easily view the urgency, project timeline, etc. This allows for others to help when projects get backed up and also allows outside team members to see the backlog.

Cons

Took some time to get myself setup. Once I organized how we needed, it works great.

Abbey
  • Industry: Semiconductors
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Simplified task and project management

Reviewed on 2023/12/24

The flexibility, automation and collaboration capabilities of monday.com have allowed me to improve efficiency, productivity and decision making in our company.

Pros

I like how I can create custom dashboards to track our financial projects, manage budgets, and collaborate with my team efficiently. The platform allows me to set up automated workflows for repetitive tasks, such as generating financial reports and tracking payments.

Cons

It takes a little time and effort to learn how to use and customize the platform.

Sheen
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Workflow issues solved!

Reviewed on 2024/01/16

Pros

Setting up a new database or a new project is very easy. I love that it is visually easy to analyze as well. For example, in the columns that are color-coded, you can see which tasks are more in number. I also love the capability of having different views when looking at any dataset. Like the Forms view, Chart view etc. Communication has become super easy within the team because we don't need to maintain long email chains anymore where files and information can get lost.

Cons

If your team uses tools like Notion, switching to Monday.com might be a bit difficult because even Notion offers a lot of the functionalities that Monday.com offers. However, Monday.com is many steps ahead. For example, you can use dynamic gantt chart which is not possible on Notion. In the beginning, the interface might seem a bit overwhelming but it is only a matter of a couple of days to get used to it.

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Monday.com is best platform for managing our work and track teams work

Reviewed on 2023/12/30

Pros

It allows users to communicate with each other and track their work record and progress which can be shared with the managers or other team members.

Cons

Monday.com is integrated with my company Assurant so sometimes but rarely we can see lag issues but most of the time if we count users getting help by this platform is higher and this is the reason it is used globally by most of the organizations.

Snethemba
Snethemba
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Good Organisational skills

Reviewed on 2024/01/22

It was really good for purposes of organising information.

It was really good for purposes of organising information.

Pros

Allowed for the business to place information on potential candidates on the platform and everyone could edit and access information at the same time. Some of the processes are however cumbersome. But generally a really good app.

Cons

That there is some slight complexity to the program at first, but with time, you get the hang of it. It would be useful if the app would allow a search capacity that also includes finding key word even in the attachments.

John
John
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Monday: A System Designed For You

Reviewed on 2024/02/02

Once I got my head around the system I am pleased to say that it became a pleasure to use and I would highly recommend it to others.

Pros

It organizes the disorganized meaning between the system and my team it enables me you has fingers in multiple projects to stay focused, to stay organized and most of all sto stay accountable to my goals.

Cons

It can be quite technical due to its need to automate processes so when you first start using it the system can appear to be a little intimidating but in reality it's not.

Ralph
Ralph
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Project management and organization for the rest of us.

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

We have tried MANY project management platforms and for us to select monday.com says a lot about the product. We have a varied group of individuals within our marketing department using this tools to coordinate everything from our detailed printing requests, web and online projects to translation flow (very difficult to manage due to the many contributors involved in this process.) Monday.com makes all of this convenient and easy to follow.

Pros

Its incredibly easy to create a work flow or "Board", add participants and follow the progress of many tasks with ease. We can attach any supporting files or materials needed to each post and tag a specific user. Email and desktop notifications alert you on any activity and there is a web based site you can go to or the even better desktop and mobile app versions.

Cons

One of the few cons i can think of is the absence of a "repeating or scheduled task". I know there are ways around this but it seems like something that should be native to it.

Jeff
Jeff

Best Project Mgmt Software I've Ever Used

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

I've been using Monday.com for a few years (at the time of this review) for a number of personal projects, more importantly in my career to manage tickets and many different kinds of projects for my IT Department and for software and hardware implementations.

Pros

Monday.com is absolutely amazing! It's extremely intuitive and simple to get up and get using! The different ways that you can setup your Project Boards make it extremely flexible and powerful. I've used other Project Management Software programs, and there isn't anything out there that compares. There are a lot of options for add-on's as well, and more are added monthly. Their how-to videos and great online documentation/help make it simple to get the most from Monday.com. Being able to set the combination of statuses and priorities help you stay focused and the collaboration functionality of the software is also intuitive and powerful. This makes completing projects both fun and productive!

Cons

The software is expensive...particularly compared to competing projects, but don't let this scare you away. Once you get through the free trial period, it will be apparent that it's worth the extra money to use something that's so simple yet powerful and flexible.

Basecamp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Monday.com is much more intuitive, much more visual, flexible, and has a far deeper feature set and better overall integration options.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday.com is simply more visual in the way it manages projects, more flexible in it's setup, and has far more features that the competing products.
Melanie

It's more robust than what I use it for, but does what I need!

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

Monday has helped me reign in processes around one project area in our organization and I've found it to be easy and friendly to use.

Pros

Intuitive mostly, easy to get up to speed, easy for my team to learn. Allows me to customize what I need and came with prebuilt options that helped with a quick start.

Monday's customer support team is absolutely STELLAR! They've always been incredibly helpful and friendly and their documentation is more up to date than many other SaaS products I've worked with. The sales team was also wonderful when I was starting up. The level of support they've offered was a lot of the reason I chose Monday!

Cons

The only real con for me is the reporting mechanisms, but also, if it was really important I could build my own using the API, so that's a minor flaw. I just wish that I could archive things but still report on those.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

More organizational features, and company shifting away from Trello as a whole.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Friendlier software and sales and support staff. More intuitive setup. Pricing made more sense for my use.
Ricardo
Ricardo
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Monday.com Review

Reviewed on 2022/03/05

I use it on a day to day basis mainly for project management and it works extremely well. The automation and integration aspects make it an easy to use system that the team enjoys working with.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and does all the project planning and management grunt work for you. It can also integrate with quite a few systems to automate processes like creating a ticket system for your IT that makes IT more engaging with the end user.

Cons

The biggest draw back is how you get to allocate users. You have to add in increments of 5 which leads to paying for users that you don't use. There are also some nice features that can only be accesses with a PRO license which is a bit pricey.

LiquidPlanner and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

We needed something easier to use

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

It was friendlier to the end user and easier to use
Dora

Easy Project Management

Reviewed on 2022/05/17

Monday.com keeps my team organized. It took minimal time to set up and keeps us on track. Two thumbs up!

Pros

My team loves Monday.com as it keeps us on the same page with projects and tasks, and helps us present our overall marketing calendar. We use it on a daily basis and it helps me keep my team of 8 organized and efficient.

Cons

I wish the different boards were integrated a little easier so I could have one board for sales, one for marketing, and then one for my overall calendar I could share with my management team. I'd like to be able to see things from a high level and then be able to drill down but unfortunately, that is not offered.

Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Jira is more of a technical project management tool. I needed something that my creators could use with ease.

Jira

Ease of use and price.
Shayla
Shayla
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Multiple boards can be created by various groups

Reviewed on 2022/05/29

Work orders that have been completed and those that are still in progress can be saved in the system. Council members are able to read updates without having to get regular email updates. Keeping tabs on my immediate team's daily workload and expected workload. Anyone who is suffering and needs more support or time, or who is short on work, may be easily identified.

Pros

It's the most user-friendly tracking tool available. Especially when teams are spread out across the globe, updates are almost always instantaneous. works on both Chrome and iOS. The views are simple to grasp and adjust to your own method of working. It's a breeze to get up and running, and it only takes a few minutes to learn and collaborate with your team.

Cons

The timeline feature, one of the nicest features, is not available in the free edition. Some of the integrations are a tad constrained. If you don't handle your email notifications, you'll be flooded.

Lauren

Good Tracking System

Reviewed on 2022/09/29

At first it was a great tool to play around with to figure out the best way to track our event and who was working on what portion. The quick look at the colors to see the progress was great. There was a place to put notes and mention people in posts to let them know there are tasks waiting for them. However, the customization was not the best. If you added one column to a section, it added it in for all sections. I did not have the time to take a deep dive but maybe if we got a higher package we would have more functions to organize. It was encouraging/discouraging to see the progress of the event and held people to be accountable for their portion. However, having to update this daily as we got closer to our event got too laborious to do. In concept, it's a good tool, but was not the right fit for my company and I.

Pros

That I was able to see what my co-workers were working on and their progress with the task. They used easy-to-view color-coded options.

Cons

You are able to clearly see the progress of your co-workers, however, it is hard to make updates or edits to the task. There is an area to make notes, however, it is not in the front for people to see right away. You need to click in to the whole task. Also, when you make a column for one section it creates it for all. Some columns are not necessary for each section and can be confusing when updating.

Amit

Best tool for project management needs

Reviewed on 2022/12/03

It is easy to navigate, and the interface is straightforward and visually appealing. I have never experienced any issues with the platform, and customer service has always been responsive and helpful. Overall, I am very pleased with my experience with monday.com and would recommend it to others.

Pros

I use Monday.com for the last two years and it has been a valuable piece of my Project management and Operations processes. I have used many online tools over the years, but none of them compare to the productivity and efficiency of Monday.com. It is easy to use and it keeps me organized. It really helps me manage my projects and tasks. I also like the reporting feature because it helps me determine which projects I'm working on are the most profitable and which ones I should prioritize over the others. This tool is great for small businesses and enterprises alike.

Cons

One potential difficulty with Monday.com is the initial setup of your boards and automation. If you are not familiar with the tool.

Teamwork.com, BasicOps, ClickUp and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

There are a few reasons why I chose monday.com over the alternatives.First, monday.com is extremely user-friendly and easy to use.Second, monday.com offers a lot of features and customization options. And third, monday.com has great customer support.Overall, I think monday.com is the best option for project management.
Grace
Grace
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Effective organizational help for groups of any size

Reviewed on 2023/07/27

Our teams can now function autonomously by monitoring their own KPIs, learning at their own pace, and planning for their own future projects with the help of Monday.

Pros

Documentation, team training, and even long-term account management are just some of the many uses for Monday. Keeping data for several teams/divisions distinct and easily accessible is a breeze. It's remarkable how much this software can accomplish.

Cons

Almost nothing. Columns can only record so much information in a given table. Given Monday's lack of Call/Text/Email functionality, I wouldn't use it in place of a dedicated CRM for making and receiving calls, but it would be useful as an adjunct to one.

Saskia
Saskia
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Make monday.com your first stop of the week!

Reviewed on 2023/08/21

As opposed to relying on Google Drive, which may get cluttered and difficult to navigate in search of certain files, we can now keep track of everything in one central location thanks to Monday.com. There was no way to record progress on a project, what had been done, work in progress, notes on strategy, etc. The most crucial information is tracked via a bespoke CRM board, a project management board, an administrative employee board, and a meeting board.

Pros

The ability to have everything be kept in its own folder while still being easily accessible is one of Monday's best features. Among my favorite features are the ability to tag colleagues, initiate status updates, set priorities, connect to external applications, and design custom documents and templates. The inclusion of a search box is really helpful for locating content more quickly. This is fantastic since it can be used for everything from individual task management to group task allocation and project management to customer relationship management. We can get everything we need in one convenient location.

Cons

So many options exist, and I haven't even scratched the surface! A brief tutorial or "onboarding" process before we start using the software would be very appreciated.

Miguel

Best platform for managing people and the tasks they are assigned.

Reviewed on 2023/09/12

We have used Monday.com to give our remote workers a "homebase" for projects, tasks, client specific communication, creative editing, and overall deliverable manangement.

Pros

The best feature Monday offers us is the ability to monitor progress on projects that require more than one team member.

Cons

There isn't enough templates built out for Social Media management and there isn't integrations that matter in the Social Media management industry.

Airtable and Notion

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Google sheets offered no customizability or user specific input.

Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday.com seemed have more scalability in the way of systems and project management.
Rukmini

Monday is the backbone of our project management efforts

Reviewed on 2023/10/23

I'm very happy and impressed with the value Monday has produced for me and my company. We mainly use it to manage our projects but since we first bought it, we've been expanding its use to different areas like managing forms and documents. It's definitely one of the tools that have produced the most value for us and our operations

Pros

The best thing about Monday is by far the sheer extent of the product. Thanks to that, we've been able to use a single tool to manage our projects, tasks, forms, workflows, docs, and more. Some of the modules are far from perfect, but we've definitely benefitted from being able to manage all those things without using 6-7 different softwares

Cons

We run into bugs here and there, which doesn't affect our work that much but it would still be nice to be able to use the product more smoothly

Miro, Trello and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

MS Projects was clunky and lacked a lot of the features that Monday does. We made the switch because we weren't happy with MS and Monday looked much more advanced

Project Server
Katie

Fantastic project management software for our retail business

Reviewed on 2023/12/11

Monday's been a huge boon for our business. We used to be on Excel which worked well for when we had a much smaller scale. But we decided to move to a full fledged project management software to boost our productivitiy, and I'm really glad that we did. Monday saved us from having to purchase and sync half a dozen tools together to get all the functionalities that it has under one roof. It's also well priced compared to most of the alternatives, and you can use it with almost no issues once you get the hang of it.

Pros

I think the best thing about Monday is the sheer number of things you can do with it without paying extra for every little thing. We don't have tons of IT resources so it's been an absolute treat to be able to use one tool for everything from projects and tasks to inventory, document backup, ideation and more.

Cons

There's somewhat of a learning curve in the beginning when you're exploring each module. We had to spend three or four weeks learning it before we were ready to move everything to it from Excel.

Miro, Trello and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Excel was starting to drag us down as we had more projects piling up. I don't thing the interface is that suitale for when you have a couple dozen projects. So we decided to move to a separate tool for our projects.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday had the best balance in terms of price and functionality. The ther options either didn't have many of the features that Monday has, or they had them at a much higher cost, so we decided to go with Mondya in the end.

"Monday.com is an incredibly flexible and customizable project management solution

Reviewed on 2023/03/23

Improved team communication and collaboration: Monday.com enables real-time communication and collaboration, which can help team members coordinate and work together more effectively.More accurate tracking of tasks and projects: The platform allows users to track tasks and projects in real time, which can help improve visibility and transparency of work processes.Automation of repetitive tasks: Monday.com offers automation features that can help streamline work processes and reduce errors.Customisation to meet specific needs: The platform allows full customisation of tables, views and workflows, enabling users to create specific workflows tailored to their needs.Overall, using Monday.com can help companies improve operational efficiency, communication and team collaboration, and reduce errors and inefficiencies.

Pros

Flexibility and customisation: Users noted that Monday.com allows for easy customisation of tables and views to suit specific team and project needs. They also appreciated the flexibility of the tool to quickly create and modify tasks and tables.Real-time collaboration: Monday.com's real-time collaboration features allow team members to work together efficiently, share ideas and collaborate in real time, even if they are in different locations.Intuitive user interface: Users have found Monday.com's user interface to be very user-friendly and easy to use, allowing for quick learning and easy adoption by the entire team.Comprehensive project management: Users also noted that Monday.com offers a comprehensive project management solution, with features to manage projects, tasks, deadlines, budgets and resources.

Cons

the pricing of the tool, the difficulty of tracking time and expenses, the limited aspect of the mobile application. However, it is important to note that these elements may vary according to the needs and preferences of each user. Despite this, it is recommended that you test the software to see if it is suitable for your business needs

Jaime

Simplified project management

Reviewed on 2023/11/09

Monday.com has made my life so much easier and more efficient. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a work management platform that is easy to use, customizable, and powerful.

Pros

I've been using monday.com for over two years now, and I absolutely love it. It's the most user-friendly and customizable work management platform I've ever used.
One of the things I like most about monday.com is its flexibility. You can customize your boards and columns to meet your specific needs, no matter what industry you're in or what kind of work you do.
Another thing I love about monday.com is its automations feature. Automations allow you to automate repetitive tasks and workflows, which saves you a ton of time and energy.
For example, I have an automation set up so that whenever a new lead comes in, a task is automatically created in my CRM board. This way, I never forget to follow up with a lead.
I also have an automation set up so that whenever a task is completed in my project management board, an email is automatically sent to the client to update them on the progress of their project.

Cons

I'm generally very satisfied with monday.com; however, you may not receive perfect service every time. Additionaly, the pricing is a bit high.