DonorPerfect

Online Fundraising Software for Nonprofits

Karen B.

Happy with DonorPerfect

Reviewed on 2021/02/02

Overall, it's been much easier to segment our donors and personalize their experience. We feel much more confident using DP than our previous software, because it's easier to pull reports, etc.

Pros

Setting up DP was very easy and we were able to customize several field. The ability "globally update" has proven to be a very useful tool. We like the ability to customize our pages to suit our needs.

Cons

Some of the add-ons are too expensive for our organization to purchase, however, we can see how those tools would be useful, so it's a bit frustrating.

Dawanna F.

DP is my best tool

Reviewed on 2021/04/09

Pros

DP allows ease of access to our donor's information. It is user friendly and I find it a great tool to be efficient in my work. All of the information I need is right at my fingertips. I am able to pull reports for not only financials but also for our marketing team.

Cons

Although the credit card processing is not overly difficult I would prefer a more timely process.

Kelly H.

The perfect software for us

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Your software provides great insight on donor activity. The reporting makes it easier for me to share with the board our fundraising successes and even areas where we need to focus more efforts.

Pros

DonorPerfect provides for all your donor management needs, at a good a price. I have purchased this software for several of the organizations I have worked for and recommended it to many others I have consulted with over the years. It's easy to use and the company has always been open for client input to help better the product.

Cons

The only concern that I have ... and this is more about me than DonorPerfect .. is that I need to take more tutorials on running some of the more sophisticated reporting options. I can have 99% of my needs met with the standardized reports but every so often I need something a bit more custom. You have great tutorials, I just haven't found the time to go through them ... yet!

Response from SofterWare

Kelly, Thank you for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am thrilled to read that it is the perfect software for your organization. I love that you continue to recommend DonorPerfect. Its an honor to have such loyal customers like you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Amy W.

Look no further than DonorPerfect!

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Overall, I can't imagine another fundraising software being any better than DonorPerfect. The donor records management and reporting functions are very user-friendly and the logical manner by which they are organized and laid out on the website are big time-savers. DonorPerfect is a huge asset to our development team!

Pros

DonorPerfect is perfect for all my organization's software and database needs relating to fundraising. My absolute favorite thing about DonorPerfect is the excellent customer service I receive each and every time I reach out. I am sometimes asked to provide data that I'm not sure how to obtain in a time-effective manner. It literally takes a quick phone call or even an online chat session with a DonorPerfect rep for me to find a report that will work to get me the information I need. I am always amazed at how well the DonorPerfect customer service folks know the software, and the ease at which they are able to share its capabilities. I have never had to wait for a solution or an answer to my questions. That is so valuable for me, someone whose greatest challenge is not having enough hours in the day! One of the other pros at the top of my list is the user-friendly interface of DonorPerfect. If you have even a little computer knowledge and experience, DonorPerfect is very easy to use. Everything is laid out and organized in a logical manner, which saves the time and frustration of not being able to find a simple function.

Cons

I can honestly say I have not had any negative experiences with DonorPerfect. There are tiny things such as the scope of searching records that I might like to see changed, but at the end of the day, they're not really consequential. (Example: If an individual record is entered as John H. Smith, but I search for that record with the terms "John Smith", the record I'm looking for may not pop up. Broadening the search to "Smith" however, would allow me to find the record.)

Response from SofterWare

Amy, I am thrilled to read about the value you are finding in using DonorPerfect! You made my day with the title of the review : Look no further than DonorPerfect!. I am delighted to hear you think the system is user friendly, and agree that our Support Team is outstanding! Thank you for the amazing review. Regards, Ellen Molon,Client Relations Specialist

Jessica B.

DonorPerfect is a intuitive way to track donations

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

DP is an easy way for our non-profit to track all of our donors giving and we can pull reports based off this information. We can see who hasn't given in a while and reach out to them with a special mailing.

Pros

We have been using DonorPerfect for many years to track our donor’s giving. The cloud interface allows updates to the software overnight and when you get back to work the next morning there are new and improved features. The amount of information you can pull for reports is incredible. Anything you enter into DP can be pulled in some report. There is a DonorPerfect Community where you can go to ask other users questions and get helpful tips and tricks for running reports, using DP Mobile, and much more.

Cons

DonorPerfect could improve their search engine within the software. Sometimes when looking up an existing donor, the software will say they do not exist in the database, but they do and if another user doesn't know that then a duplicate donor account will be made on accident. When a tribute/memorial gift is made online and the donor lists the recipient's name differently than how it appears in DP, DonorPerfect will create a whole new tribute instead of allowing the user to select the already existing tribute. When this occurs, you end up with multiple tributes for the same person, the only difference is maybe one shows the middle name and the other does not.

Response from SofterWare

Jessica, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to read that you are using so many of the features in the system. Any suggestions you have for the system we want to hear :), please add them to Suggest and Vote in DonorPerfect Communities. We are also happy to add them for you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Dawn L.

Great Value and Easy to Onboard and Navigate

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

I came to be a DonorPerfect user after being a 7 year, salesforce.com user/administrator (enterprise edition). That being said, I have found DP to be user friendly, intuitive, and easily modified. It is reliable and very affordable. Tech support is superior and I love the user input in implemented updates.

Pros

I believe that DP is very functional and user friendly for the non-profit organization. The application is not overly robust or full of unnecessary functionality. It performs in the functions that are necessary for recording and reporting (and much more) without having to wade through a ton of features that are superfluous. Additionally, there has been very, very little downtime due to system outages, updates, and the like. Finally, I have never had a better tech support experience in the CRM industry. Every chat, call or email is responded to almost immediately, with courtesy, professionalism, and best of all, knowledgable solutions.

Cons

I would like the screens to be customizable at a user level, as each team member has their own needs from the application. At this point any changes to screen "view" are at an organizational level, therefore, we must all come to a consensus on the best screen views for the whole team. Additionally, I would like the dashboard reports to be customizable to display the information important to each user's role.

Amy S.

Robust donor management!

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

Overall, DonorPerfect has helped our organization re-vamp the processes and structures around our donor management.

Pros

I love how customizable and robust the screens and reporting are in DonorPerfect. With Screen Designer, I am able to create the exact data entry screens that work best for our organization. We decide what information we want to capture, how to capture it, and how to report on it. SmartAnalytics and Easy Reports are just what I need to pull the data exactly how my board and CEO want to see it - PLUS, it is easy enough to use for a non-IT person to understand.

Cons

My least favorite feature is the event management add-on. Unfortunately, it is not ideal for our use to facilitate an 800-person gala with a raffle, silent auction, live auction, ticket sales, and very specific and irregular seating arrangements and payments. However, I was able to import our gala data from another software pretty easily with the import feature.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you Amy for the terrific review. Glad to hear you love Screen Designer and the Reporting functions. I have asked your Client Account Manager to send you information on ReadySetAuction, ReadySetAuciton is an auction software that integrates with DonorPerfect and would save you time from having to import data.I think you will like ReadySetAuction!
Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Kelly M.

Great Donor Management

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Pros

We have previously worked with two other donor management systems and neither were as user friendly as Donor Perfect. We love how easy it is to navigate through the site. We feel like we get an incredible value for what we pay.

Cons

Just like any new site, it can be a little overwhelming when you first start out. There are so many features that we don't even use, so that can be a little much. I am still trying to find out info about some areas I do not understand.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for the great review of DonorPerfect, Kelly. I love your Review Title, " Great Donor Management"! Best, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Melanie C.

Excellent Donor Management for Mid-Size Nonprofits

Reviewed on 2019/02/24

DonorPerfect has served my mid-size nonprofit for many years. It is a great way to track volunteers, members, and donors of all sizes. You can track donations, visits, and personal information for each vendor. There is also a lot of customization options for specific requirements your nonprofit might need. Overall, we've been very happy with the flexibility and functionality of DonorPerfect for our donor management needs.

Pros

DonorPerfect offers a lot of flexibility for mid-size nonprofits. It is a strong donor system that can be specialized for specific needs a non-profit might be facing. Also, our organization has used DonorPerfect for many years, so we've been able to grow with it, and have historic data that allows us to understand long-term donor trends.

Cons

Reports are fairly complicated and require some training to use well. Fortunately, customer service is very responsive in helping staff figure out new report requirements.

Response from SofterWare

Melanie, Thank you for the wonderful review. I love your review title, : Excellent Donor Management". There are many wonderful features in DonorPerfect and I am thrilled to hear you are using so many of them. The support team is always happy to help with any questions our users may have when using DonorPerfect. Thank you for being a valued client . Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

David D.

Winning customer service

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

The overall experience is excellent and DPO has served us well. They are constantly innovating and improving their product.

Pros

It is generally easy to use, and if any staff member has a problem, support is readily available to help walk them through any issue. Response times are fast and the process is efficient.

Cons

Update in social media integration and in the ease of use (intuitive) to gather reports could be improved. It is not a huge drawback and with the constant feedback that donor perfect is open too I am sure it is on the way.

Beth C.

Love It!

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

I'm the database admin and I do most of the data entry. This is our 2nd year after transitioning from Raiser's Edge. Re were getting very pushy with sales and the database was old an have many glitches. We explored Salsa and DP. We ultimately choose DP for the ease of use and easy reporting. I did the transition from one system to the other with the help of the DP staff.

Pros

I've been using Raiser's Edge for over 10 years. DP is an much easily platform, the reporting is incredible and easy. The customer service chat is east and efficient. I've never had a problem they couldn't fix (unlike RE).
My no-tech co-workers actually understand it and can use it without much guidance. Highly recommend it if you want an updated and easier version of a CRM with the best features of RE.

Cons

A few features we would like require the upgraded online form features but over all I love it.

Response from SofterWare

Hi Beth, Thank you for the awesome review. I am glad to read about your wonderful experience with our software and support team. Besides upgrading to Online Forms Plus we also have an option to complete a Change Request form. The great thing about a Change Request Forms is we do the work for you. If you have any questions please contact me at (800)220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Kara D.

Great Way to Keep Track of Donors

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

It is a great way to keep track of donors, create mailing lists, and track donations. I also love that you can customize it to track exactly what you would like.

Cons

Using the filters to create mailings lists can be very confusing. You have to be very precise and use many filters or else you won't get what you want. I wish there was a more user friendly way to create mailing lists.

Response from Ellen

Kara, Thank you for taking the time to review DonorPerfect. Glad to hear you are finding the system customizable to all your organization's needs. Our knowledgeable, top-rated support team would be happy to help you with any questions you have about creating a mailing list. We are constantly working to improve our customers' experience with the software. Our clients play a large role in influencing and shaping the future of DonorPerfect. We would love to have you participate in one or many of our focus groups. Please contact the Client Relations Specialists at (800)220-3537 to learn about all the ways you provide input. We'd really love your insights on how we can improve DonorPerfect! Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Kelly M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Very Easy

Reviewed on 2018/07/06

Pros

Ease of navigation. Can merge accounts easily. Really enjoy the daily notifications of who's monthly payment processed and if there was a failed payment. I also really enjoy the app.

Cons

I like to leave note from my interactions with donors and it can be a little cumbersome to get to. It can also be confusing where to leave the notes, considering you have multiple areas. So for someone who is newer to this product, finding them can be difficult.

I also have to do a lot of work when someone's cc has been declined. I've heard that they do not receive a notification about it, so I need to look into that feature and see if there is something I've not set up, or if DP doesn't send an email to the donor.

Response from Ellen

Hi Kelly, Welcome to DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear you are finding the system easy to navigate. The Contact Manager is the perfect place to keep track of interactions you have with your donors.The technical support department would be able to assist you with questions about the Contact Manager and your questions about handling declined credit cards

Noreen F.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

easy to use with many functions

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

switched to Donor Perfect from another software program. Easy to learn. All the functions I need.

Pros

Ease of use. Queries are simple to create. Tech help is good. All the functionality I require. Additional places to add data specific to your usage.

Cons

query writing could have more options like forming groups with more then one query.
gift tab could have an icon showing if there are gifts or not
Standard reports could be clearer.

Response from SofterWare

Noreen, Thank you for taking your time to complete a review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear that you are finding the system easy to use and that it has all the functions your organization needs. Anytime you have questions when working in the system the Support Team is happy to help. If there is a feature you would like to see added to the system we have Suggest and Vote. Many features in the system come from clients suggestions. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

David R.

Donor Perfect - A great option for a Fundraiser Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

The software is user friendly and is built with a logical structure. I've worked with the software for one year and I feel that I have a good grasp on its capabilities. The customization of reports is a highlight feature. The ability to customize reports allows users to create their own reports based on the criteria that they need. The software also allows for Smart Actions which creates an action based on predefined triggers. The support team is always kind, helpful and respectful. I have learned a lot with the help of their support team and their knowledge database.

Cons

The software sometimes lags when working on multiple records. It is not a regular occurrence but it does happen. There is a learning curve when you start using the software.

Response from SofterWare

David, Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of DonorPerfect. It's great to read that you are using so many of the features in the system. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Ruth M.

DonorPerfect - Now or Later

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

I like DonorPerfect, but I do not like a smaller program left out of essential tools. This is a better program for someone to transition to when the organization knows what they need and could enter at the level that is BOTH cost-effective AND gives them the tools they need.

Pros

DonorPerfect has been in the business for quite a few years. Using the product a few years ago I was very pleased that it was easy to use and teach and found it to be an overall great experience.

Cons

I recently explored the software as an option for relatively new nonprofit. DonorPerfect offered lots of entry points with reasonable pricing at each. What I found, however, is that for an organization to be most effective adding on modules is necessary and moving up to the next level may be wisest. Thus, the entry-level options are not really the cost-effective tools as they are promoted.

Easy to use for any professional!

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Pros

Being in the nonprofit field for over 15 years now, I have worked with several donor platforms. DonorPerfect is by far one of the easiest and most economical options on the market.

From setting up new users, to tracking daily, monthly and yearly donations, the platform is easy to use. Even if you run into a problem, the customer service team is available to help you through running reports to reporting bugs.

Cons

Compared to other programs, I could not find any cons. DonorPerfect really is easy to setup, use and operate.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for the awesome review. I am glad to hear that you find the system easy to use and that the customer support team has been helpful in answering your questions. Thank you for using the system for over 15 years! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Debbie P.

Donor Perfect Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

I think our experience as a Non Profit has been great. They have been able to tailor it for the most part to work with us and we are excited about expanding the capabilities for donors to donate online and via text etc.

Pros

For the most part Donor Perfect is user friendly and easy to use. They are also constantly looking at ways to make it more user friendly and listen to their clients. I love their customer service and support team.

Cons

Sometimes the knowledgebase articles are simplified and I have to go deeper to make what the article is referencing work for my corporation.

Response from SofterWare

Debbie, Thank you for taking your time to complete a review about DonorPerfect. Glad to hear that the you are finding the system user friendly and easy to use. Love that you wrote "I love their customer service and support team.!" :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Penny L.

Indigenous Ministries

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

DonorPerfect fits all the thinks we need to track. All employees have easy access to the information. Our ministry travels overseas and our employees have access to it from anywhere in the world.

Pros

Tracks everything in one place and very easy to use.

Cons

Would like to see a option for tracking Child Sponsorships

Response from SofterWare

Hi Penny, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about DonorPerfect. I am thrilled to read that you are seeing the benefit of being able to track all your donor data in one system. DonorPerfect is customizable, allowing fields to be entered to track data unique to your organization. A field to track your Child Sponsorships can be added in Screen Designer. The support department would be able to provide you with the steps for adding a field. Please reach out to support Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm EST. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

DonorPerfect Fundraising Software Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Overall, this is a must-have product for every non-profit organization. The dashboard is clean and easy to navigate and the customer support has been phenomenal.

Pros

We are a small non-profit and this software helped us gather all our supporters in one place. I love how you can make different donation pages for the various fundraisers and events that we do. We have one for General donations, one for our Capital Campaign, and one for a charity Golf Tournament. We can see who donates where and "thank them" accordingly.

Cons

There is a steep rise in costs as you add on more features. Because of the affordability, we are unable to customize many of our fundraising forms.

Response from SofterWare

I couldn't agree with you more that "this is a must-have product for every non-profit organization." DonorPerfect is the perfect software to assist non-profits in being successful! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Joelyn A.

DP

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Wonderful! The support is amazing and I am using the chat support more often now for quick and easy results.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. I really like the dashboard where everything you need and want to see at a glance is available.

Cons

nothing except that I wish the Batch numbers would automatically update and print with each batch.

Response from SofterWare

Joelyn, Thank you for the great review! I am glad to hear that you are having an exceptional customer experience and recognize the value in using DonorPerfect. Batch Numbers are updated manually by selecting the Update Batch Number button in Receipts. This allows you the flexibility to select which gifts to include in the batch. Our support team will be happy to answer any questions you have when working in the system. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

All members of the staff have access to information when they need it and it's easy to use. We have been able to figure out new strategies based on information in the reports.

Pros

DonorPerfect is user friendly, even for staff members who are not tech experts. They have an excellent support system with videos and written information. In addition, their chat support is always prompt, helpful and accurate. The reports section is very complete and flexible.

Cons

We have no complaints about this software.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for completing a survey about DonorPerfect Fundraising Software. I am thrilled to read about your wonderful experience with our support team and that you find the system to be easy to use, Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Nickolas L.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Good software for the money

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

Pros

It does all we need it to do for our daily donor tracking needs

Cons

The lack of some more robust features leaves something to be desired at times

Holly S.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

DonorPerfect is very intuitive and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

DonorPerfect is easy to learn and captures the information we need. The reports are easy to use. It integrates with other software (Weblink, RSA) which we use very well, both of those are easy to use as well. The help support is very prompt and always able to help.

Cons

Would like more local area trainings especially for the intermediate and advanced DonorPerfect users.

Response from Ellen

Hi Holly, Thank you for the glowing review. Here is a link to our Training Services. We offer Regional Classes, OnSite Training and Virtual Training.
Your Client Relations Specialist will be reaching out to you to discuss the different types of training, and help you pick out the one that will best fit your organizations needs.

Annette C.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Donor Perfect is PERFECT for our organization.

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

Donor Perfect has been a wonderful tool, and continues to improve its functionality. I would recommend this software to nonprofits, and even for profit institutions.

Pros

It is easy to use, provides reports that can show an individual donor's contributions, or the top 100, or 5,000, depending on the need. I'm still learning some of the many functions available to me!

Cons

Because we also use Donor Search, it would be nice if they were a bit more compatible. I like both products, and use them both a lot. It would be a great idea that if you update DP, you would also update DS, and vice versa. It would make mailings so much more functional and easy. Just a thought...