Blackbaud CRM

CRM software for nonprofit organizations

3,8
3,1
3,7
3,4
3,6
Corinne A.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Blackbaud is the gold standard

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Overall, Blackbaud CRM is the gold standard for non profit fundraising software. It is expensive, but if your organization is large enough to afford it AND if you take the time and resources to train your employees to get the most out of it, you will gain tremendous insight into your donors and constituents.

Pros

We used this software at a previous organization that I worked at. Blackbaud has an incredible amount of reporting functionality. You can manipulate data any way you can imagine. Now that I have worked with other donor databases, I've come to appreciate in an even deeper way how much functionality Blackbaud's programs have.

Cons

It takes a fair amount of experience and training to get the most out of the software, just because it can do SO much! It is fairly user friendly for the basics, but when you are doing advanced query building and importing large amounts of data, you are going to need some technical assistance. But, they are pretty good about providing it.

Ethan G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Blackbaud is a great quality, scalable solutions

Reviewed on 2020/03/15

Pros

What I like most about Blackbaud is its built specifically for capturing and tracking data for non for profit agencies and allows you to see all of your data is a very secure envrionment

Cons

I did not like the level of customer level support that was provided when requiring answers to technical questions, and the timliness of response was not always the grestest.

Christopher M.

Lackluster Customer Service, Limited Flexibility, and Expensive

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/04/02

To start, Blackbaud has terrible customer service. My organization has been with Blackbaud over two decades and when interacting with our Blackbaud financial representative I was not informed of this information. Blackbaud would require my organization lock into 3-year contracts at a time. Furthermore, my organization paid extra for this product called "Address Finder NXT" which is suppose to update the donor list for deceased donors. However, when performing my own experiment this product was not accurate. My organization did not renew a contract so Blackbuad auto-renewed my organization for another 3 years without our permission. As the new development coordinator I ended our 23-year relationship with Blackbaud for a more affordable customer-friendly Donor software company. For small non-profits I would not recommend Blackbaud. I would never recommend Blackbaud CRM to any organization.

Pros

The software is extremely detailed and if the user is trained it takes much less manual implementation than other less expensive competitors. This software is offered on the desktop as well as a cloud-based version. There are many additional products offered with the CRM to offer a whole encompassing experience with little manual effort.

Cons

Complex and not user friendly, difficult to teach new users, and for small non-profits too many options.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Very Robust CRM

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

One thing that stood out is that the UI is near intuitive, nice to look at and the data is well supported by a dedicated team at Blackbaud. I was able to pull reports on data quickly and easily for other users. Training is pretty seamless as far as getting users acclimated into the system. Though we didn't like the out-of-the-box functionalities, we understood that we wanted some customization, which was a bit pricey for our company. Once when we did get the essential functionalities edited, we were quite happy with the results. Customer support is great at quickly responding in helping us with issues.

Pros

Easy flow in adding donors, easy flow in taking donations, pretty UI, intuitive use and workflow. Reporting functions are easy to edit and create.

Cons

Licensing and customization can be pricey. If you have your own developer to improve functionality, you may not get access to test environments or else you're paying for their developer for customizations.

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great way to raise funds!

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

We are tracking our constituents and raising money by building relationships. We could not do that without this system.

Pros

This software is designed for nonprofits and the the features are incredibly helpful in maintaining and recording information about our constituents.

Cons

Some of Blackbaud's systems look dated and you have to upgrade (more $) for a 2018 look. However, the functionality is efficient and effective. The cost is also a bit high as compared to other cloud-based CRMs.

Kari B.

Just doesn't do enough

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Overall it was good when we were smaller, but not ideal for a growing company.

Pros

I liked that this software was able to house all our donor information. Its fairly easy to run reports and the chat help feature was really good.

Cons

You can't tag or mark donations with more than two qualifications. Its also frustrating that you couldn't edit PDFs once they were downloaded because of Canadian guidelines even though I was based out of the US.

Kayla S.

Blackbaud Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/18

It's been awesome! We love Blackbaud and have had a great experience.

Pros

Blackbaud has so many awesome features that our previous CRM did not have. We have loved it. They are still developing their web view version which is primarily what I use, but their database version has all of the features and can do so much.

Cons

I look forward to the day that the whole system will be housed online. Sometimes it's frustrating to switch back and forth between the database and the web view.

A Decent SIS

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

It has been lukewarm at best. When everything works it's ok.

Pros

I like that it connects all of our facets of our school under one umbrella so each user only has one login to all the information they need.

Cons

Their customer service is dreadful and slow. It is impossible to speak with anyone from tech support when problems arise.

Manny P.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

CRM software for rec donations

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/10

If your business is receiving donations this is a great product to use and keep your customers updated daily.

Pros

It's an ideal software for receiving donations. The company has done a lot in the past few years on listening to their customers on what they want and need. And great way to keep in touch with customers.

Cons

There's a learning curve and difficult for new users who are not tech savy. Should be more user friendly.

Judy L.

Not Impressed

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/07/13

Not impressed.

Pros

Blackbaud stores data for you so you can't lose anything.

Cons

Systems are hard to edit, not user friendly and extremely frustrating. Its hard to find what you need on the site and harder to export.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Adrienne G.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Powerful tool for the Right Organization!

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Blackbaud CRM has given us a baseline for what to look for in a software. It has a lot of features and functionality that can be adapted for an organization.

Pros

Blackbaud CRM is a robust system. Constituent profiles allow for you to collect a wealth of information about your constituents and use it to analyze, communicate, and solicit donations or sell your products. You can not only collect biographical information, you can also upload media, create action tracks (work flows), record giving history, etc. You can also add custom attributes for anything that is not out of the box.

There is a lot of support available for blackbaud products and a knowledgeable support team dedicated to answering questions and troubleshooting.

Cons

Software is a little clunky at times, you have to use it as it was intended or create workarounds to make things work. Software is pricey for a non-profit. Learning curve can be high for new users. When it comes to Membership, which is a big part of our business, the functionality is basic.

Chelsea D.
Industry: Museums & Institutions

Blackbaud is great for non-profits!

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Blackbaud has allowed our team to increase relationship with our patrons through the careful documentation of every interaction and helpful information regarding the constituent- including sales orders, event registrations, donations, prospect management, memberships, contact information, household/organization relationships, marketing communications, etc. We also utilize the training and support available through Blackbaud to ensure we are using their tools to their full potential.

Pros

I love that Blackbaud has many different software options. The non-profit I work for used Blackbaud's Raisers Edge software for many years and switched to Altru in 2012 as our CRM needs had increased/developed as our organization grew. I also am appreciative of the time and attention that Blackbaud employees provide when support or training is needed.

Cons

Blackbaud's client base is largely owned by non-profit organizations. Non-profits aren't typically the kind that can spend thousands of dollars on software every month. However, Blackbaud's products are very costly. I would say they are worth the money, if it's affordable. But I do question their motives when it comes to cost, as they seem very high for who the products are for.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Mary W.

Industry Leader for a Reason

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

This software fits our needs entirely and is the industry leader for a reason. It's highly complex and is able to process information very quickly, however it can be difficult to learn without proper training.

Pros

It's a complex piece of software that can run very difficult algorithms and can execute a wide variety of functions. It's incredibly helpful that it comes in different formats as well to suit folks from both the front and back office and support them and their specific roles.

Cons

The software requires a significant amount of training to understand fully, and is quite complicated to approach as a beginner. The company does offer training sessions, but they can be quite costly.

Ann M.

Beware of Blackbaud Service/Support

Reviewed on 2019/12/26

Their service and support is awful. They make mistakes in invoicing and don't even try to fix them--corrections take months, and they'll turn off YOUR service/support for their mistakes. If an account rep leaves, they won't tell you, they'll just let your calls sit in his box. If we were making this decision today, and I know what I know now, there is no way I would consider Blackbaud.

Pros

It does what we need it to do, helps us keep track of our donors

Cons

Working with Blackbaud is a very unpleasant experience. Trying to get answers to anything is impossible. Their contract has fine print in it that seems designed to cause you problems--do be sure to read the fine print.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Melanie L.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Great tool for a more complex organization

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

Pros

It's versatility in being able to manage your donor's information. It is flexible enough that it allows users to define how and what they input. There is a lot of functionality in being able to track your interactions with your donors.

Cons

It is a bit complex and there is a steep learning curve. If your org doesn't have the proper roadmap in place first, you can get bogged down with learning the program also whilst trying to stay afloat.

Mohammed S.

RaiserEdge was the top CRM

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

We did all our daily data entry and reports

Pros

RaiserEdge was our main CRM before we switched to Salesforce, RaiseEdge really built something that enabled nonprofits to have everything covered.

Cons

RaisersEdge stopped keeping up with times, they did not invest on the online platform and the bridge and net community were a disaster. I loved RaisersEdge but they simple stopped investing our their technology and they become a very closed software.

Jonathan P.
Industry: Higher Education

Very helpful software for Higher Education

Reviewed on 2019/01/19

Blackbaud has helped us tremendously in our fundraising. We continue to be pleased with it and aren't going anywhere else anytime soon.

Pros

It's tailored to my needs as a higher education professional. It's a software designed specifically for nonprofits, and helps not only with CRM, but with how to conduct all fundraising operations.

Cons

Sometimes the export features are not the most useful, however, we are able to find workaround solutions.

Dayna W.

Blackbaud CRM difficult to use

Reviewed on 2019/10/26

Blackbaud CRM is a clunky program. The queries are a very frustrating part of this program. Also the customer service on this specific product is really lacking.

Pros

The linking options for couples, and linking for parents to children was very impressive. It was fairly simple to add constituents.

Cons

Importing accurately was a struggle I think mostly because you only had a certain amount of fields to use. Also pulling "Queries" or reports, was frightening. I needed classes to just understand how to pull accurately. We are using a new CRM software that imports very accurately and quickly. The reporting is much easier and more comprehensive and I love the new feature of adding a new field to any section of the software any time you want. This makes reporting and collecting information so much more simple!

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Michelle W.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

360 View of Constituent (Donor) Data

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

MY OVERALL EXPERIENCE WITH BLACKBAUD CRM HAS BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF AWESOME. WHAT AN AMAZING PIECE OF SOFTWARE!

Pros

I LOVE THE CAPABILTY TO MANAGE DONORS FROM BEGINNING TO END. FROM PROSPECTING TO STEWARDING. REVENUE IS EASILY ENTERED, STORED AND REPORTED ON. ABILITY TO MANAGE ALL FUNDRAISING AND EVENTS ALONG WITH VOLUNTEER MODULE. SECURITY ROLES TO MANAGE WHO SEES WHAT.

Cons

I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS THUS FAR ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE.

Kourtney K.

Blackbaud Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Overall I would definitely recommend Blackbaud, but I would love to see them allow for more customization.

Pros

Blackbaud was fairly intuitive. It helped to keep our data up to date and organized. The support team was great and always making updates.

Cons

I wish it were easier to edit and customize the software to meet our needs as an organization. There have been a few things we would like to track, but do not make sense in Blackbaud.

Industry: Real Estate

Probably the best CRM for large schools

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

Pros

It is more open the its closest competitors allowing for the possibility of in house IT customization. However this are not as upgrade-able as the company says they should be.

Cons

Not a mature product, still has may growing pains to be worked out.

Cheri M.

Flexible Tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

We used Blackbaud CRM to keep records of constituents and their giving, as well as keeping track of our touches as an agency. We also used Blackbaud CRM heavily to keep track of tickets for our annual fundraiser.

Pros

I like that I can easily keep track of all constituents of my nonprofit. It's easy to add constituents and edit. I loved the customer service... representatives were super easy to contact and worked quickly to resolve even nationwide issues.

Cons

I didn't like how the sheer bulk of constituent information slowed the software during heavy event season.

Miguel M.
Industry: Environmental Services

To complex for us

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Again, we liked it because of its integration with other programs but was too much and overwhelming for us to handle. It would have been nice if it was more user friendly and simpler.

Pros

We liked how integrated the system could be. There were a lot of systems and programs this one could integrate with and had many options when it came to presentation of material.

Cons

The biggest thing we did not like about this system was the reporting aspect of it. It was overwhelming for us. It was similar to that of creating formulas in excel. Some people like more complex systems and options but others just need it for simple tasks. It would have been nice if the whole reporting and field section aspect of it was more user friendly.

Simon S.

Great Software!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/11/27

Very good.

Pros

Used a lot in schools for a variety of reasons.

Cons

A bit confusing to learn and complex for your average user.

Maddy S.
Industry: Education Management

I get anxiety every time I have to touch this tool

Reviewed on 2020/01/06

I just tried to log in to our personalized blackbaud portal and it's as if it's making repeat requests to the server on a loop. My colleague has spent over 15 hours (that i know of) simply customizing a grading form. I work for another school as well and we use a completely different SIS tool called Alma and it is a dream. And I can get on a chat service and I always immediately get support from great people who are super helpful and kind and I feel like I know them because it's the same folks every time and they point me to support articles.

Pros

It's cool you can customize this tool to work for your organization.

Cons

Support has been pretty bad. We have access to a person for a set number of hours, which hasn't been very great (not very personable, quickly trying to get through training sessions, will say he will do something and doesn't). But when I ask for access (that's right, you need special access to their knowledge base) our real person helper did not ensure at all that I could gain access to support pages (telling me to just e-mail this whole other team and they would help me).

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10