Salesforce Service Cloud Reviews

Salesforce Service Cloud

Customer service & support software

4.4/5 (435 reviews)

Salesforce makes it easy to maintain a large group of sales prospects and integrates with outlook

Reviewed on 5/4/2018

I really like the ease of use with this CRM and the fact that it integrates with our other softwares. We operate as a sales unit, so it is essential that we are aware of what other members of the team are doing at all times, and where they stand on different leads, territories, etc. It eliminates the need for additional forms of communication, documents, spreadsheets, you name it. This is essential for any sales team out there, regardless of industry.

Pros

We are a sales and distribution company for a number of investment companies that run mutual funds, hedge funds etc. We have a GIANT list of prospects and trying to manage all of that in excel spreadsheets would be a nightmare when you consider that we operate as a team and not on an individual basis. It's easy enough to use and integrates well with outside software, such as outlook and excel. Great product for sales teams**.

Cons

I'm really not a fan of the lack of a genuine support system. If you have any issues, your only option is to email the support team and they have not been very helpful in my experience. Unless you pay for the top tier of salesforce, there's no phone number that you can call. I wish they had a decent tutorial and moreover, there are some no brainer adjustments that could really improve the CRM, such as mass email integration. Perhaps there is a way, but the fact that I have not been able to figure it out or get a decent answer from support speaks to their support system.

7.0/10

Perfect CRM in the Current Market. Working so Flawlessly.

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

For the longest time I have personally worked with Salesforce, it has proved to be a solid and concrete platform, that performs its operations as objected. The ability for admins to create record, and the process builder makes the work of the Admin notable and easy. Again, Salesforce makes the recruitment process easier, faster, and transparent. Salesforce has never disappointed us.

Pros

I have numerous things that makes me like Salesforce. One, this product is easy to customize, making the user enjoy its interaction. Two, it has a perfect automation system, which makes the repetitive task managed and this makes the sales process faster. Again, the security of this product is on point, where only the authorized or permitted persons who can gain access. Fourthly, Salesforce has been ranked as one of the most innovative firm, which keeps on bringing a new item in the market. More so, Salesforce has a responsive support system, which even goes beyond their ways and offer training services to anyone by just clicking a button. I love how Salesforce operates.

Cons

I have little challenges with Salesforce. One, the management of the documents, which is critical is left with the administrators of the organization, who may lack adequate advice from the Salesforce. Furthermore, it is quite expensive, and this makes it hard for a new user to obtain it. The vendor should think of harmonizing its cost.

Salesforce is one of the best CRM out there!

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Salesforce is the best platform out there to help you resolve your business problems! It is the best CRM that you can access anywhere; anytime!

Pros

Salesforce helped us resolve one of the major problems in our firm. At first, we were using Excel as our Candidate and Client database, and most of the time we get troubles because of this.

There are times that we reach out a candidate who then turns out to be our client. There are times as well that we reach out to a candidate more than 5 times a day, and because of that we get a lot of "do-not-contact" requests.

With Salesforce, it helped us to create tailor-fit solution to our business problem. We were able to import all of our candidates and clients to Salesforce by just uploading our excel databases in the system. We were able to put do not contact provisioning to our clients, to candidates that are currently in process, and also those candidates who indicated that they are not actively looking.

Now, we were able to make a great relationship with our candidates and clients through Salesforce.

Cons

What I least like about Salesforce is their customer support. Sometimes they are not that very good in resolving tech problems. Well, we seldom get problems so we barely need their help, but I hope Salesforce trains them well.

Salesforce Service Cloud - Ready to go out-of-the-box

Reviewed on 3/13/2019

We have a service desk that was tracking their work through email and spreadsheets and it wasn't working for us. Salesforce Service Cloud let us move all of that to the cloud with easy case logging and tracking. We were able to integrate with Outlook so that support request emails get logged automatically and assigned to support personnel based on assignment rules we configured. We are responding to work requests and closing cases 47% faster than before and nothing gets lost or overlooked because the dashboards clearly show the status of cases and requests.

Pros

Salesforce Service Cloud has so many features ready to use as soon as you get access. For basic service needs you could easily start using it day one and build out enhancements over time. Basic configuration is simple and quick and everything you need to track work requests and cases is pretty much there.

Cons

Salesforce releases updates three times a year and they are huge. Release notes are getting over 600 pages per release and, at least for my work, we've had to change some of our custom configuration and code so that our system would work after the release came out. It's nice that they are working on enhancements but you definitely have to plan in time to thoroughly regression test everything when a release hits your lower level sandboxes.

New Business Owner Tool!

Reviewed on 10/19/2018

I learned through this experience with Salesforce how to convert potential customers into regular customers. I always wondered how some small businesses stay afloat during economic times. They know how to connect with customers and they built a rapport with them overtime that they became a staple in the community. I used that knowledge and applied it to the platform and was blown away by the results.

Pros

I could run my employers business from anywhere. This is what sold me on the job in the first place, and this software is what made it possible. It's a one-stop shop of everything you need to know about your business. I can view potential customers, how to win over current customers, get insights into how I can approve the customer experience, and so much more. I really thought this software was going to be hard to figure out or stop me from getting the job, but this software made it possible for someone to land a job and keep it. So, I applaud Salesforce for creating an amazing product and service for businesses.

Cons

The only con I have about my experience with this software is the pricing, or at least what my boss have a problem with. My bosses infrastructure requires a lot of different products to make her business run more smoothly. I think it will help if there was a bundle deal for all the services she needs. I'm not exactly sure how she went about it, but I do know she wished she asked more questions as far as pricing and getting a better deal.

SalesForce is the best web-based platform to do Sales, BD and Recruiting!

Reviewed on 8/18/2018

SalesForce is a great tool that will help small to big companies in driving revenue, and helping each company drive results and performance to each client in their business development, recruiting and lead generation efforts in just a short span of time.

Pros

We've been using SalesForce for roughly 3 years now, and it helped us drive great ROIs due to its easy usage in terms of data entry, categorizing each client or candidate, and also the functionality it provides such as mass emails that we can add HTML codes to make it look personalized or targeted, and also the option that let us see if a client or candidate already opened the email we sent.

Our Academy, BD, and Recruiting department drove great revenue because of this, and SalesForce did a great job in helping us drive sales, and place candidates to our clients in a short span of time.

Cons

What I least like about SalesForce is its downtimes. The only drawback I experience from SalesForce is the time to time down time it causes, but that was just minimal and not often so no harm really made.

Ideal CRM for efficient operations

Reviewed on 7/29/2018

Email integration, access to leads and customer information, sales functions, data on clients, ability to review sales data, generation of leads, customization, organization

Pros

Perhaps my favorite aspect of Salesforce is the ability to use email within the software. This integration is key for interaction with both my servicemen and clients. I also really enjoy how many features Salesforce offers. The software is competitively priced and is packed with feautures that I'm still continuing to use. Salesforce is also great in that I use it as a cloud-based software. This helps eliminate the need for extra storage on my system. Overall, Salesforce has a nice layout as well.

Cons

Although Salesforce is an incredible piece of software and many features, it can seem as though there are too many features at times. Personally, it is difficult to continue to learn these new features and make sure I'm up-to-date with everything. I know there is definitely more functionality within Salesforce than what I'm currently using, but it can be quite daunting to try and learn the full abilities of the system. I wish that there was a some better training provided for using the software, as I've seen with some other software I've used.

SalesForce is the best company database or CRM that lives on browsers!

Reviewed on 8/30/2018

If you are planning to create a database of candidates or any system or tool that you need to use in your office, try SalesForce and you will never go wrong!

Pros

SalesForce is the best company tool that I have used so far, because you don't need to install it anymore. All you need to do is to put the url of SalesForce, and log in your credentials then presto you are now ready to work. With this, it helps you save time especially when you need to transfer computer stations or you are using your home laptop in working from home.

SalesForce is also the best applicant tracking system so far that we have used in our company because it is easy to use, and no need for long trainings to teach you on how to use SalesForce platform because it is very self-explanatory and easy!

Cons

What I least like about SalesForce is their incompetent customer service or technical support. They can't resolve downtimes, system errors, and queries via email or phone call in a snap. It takes more than 24 hours to create a resolution for a complicated problem.

VERY user friendly!! Awesome Program for Customer Management!

Reviewed on 1/2/2019

It's an EXCELLENT software to manage your customer data base. Take the time to figure it out, take it for a trial, ask questions. Im sort of a nerd, but it gave me the tingles when I first learned how to use it ... theres a way for you to organize your entire business & track the status of the job from contact to completion. It will benefit soooooo many people if you're growing your business or looking to become more organized. I LOVE IT!!

Pros

I fell in LOVE with SalesForce when I began using it in 2013. I worked for a home remodeling company and we used it to track our prospected customers. Had a small hand in getting it set-up, was a lot easier to use after you understand how it works. Very organized, detailed information, quick & to the point.

Cons

The set-up process. Having to manually enter customer info in the very beginning. I do remember one our tech guys finishing the set up though ... great guys! Also recently had issues connecting with apps, have a screen shot below that I emailed to the tech guys. The app was Adobe I believe, and one other. Probably just a user error! : )

Salesforce Service Cloud as Help Desk

Reviewed on 3/2/2016
Review Source

Salesforce Service Cloud across a wide range of social media sites. The data is then presented in an easy to digest form showing how many people had positive and negative experience with Salesforce Service Cloud. With that information at hand you should be equipped to make an informed buying decision that you won’t regret.

Pros

Salesforce Service Cloud clearly changes the way you address customer issues and provide resolutions. Listed are just some of the good things that make Salesforce Service Cloud a good choice:

Offers users with a single platform which they could use to deliver immediate and reliable customer service.
Allows companies to engage their customers and deal with their issues on a multitude of platforms (knowledgebase, service centers, social media, etc.)
Mobile connectivity lets users access Salesforce Service cloud from almost anywhere at anytime of the day.
Personalized service gives your customers a topnotch experience that is not offered by other customer service platforms and solutions.
Predictive support helps the system resolve issues even before they happen.
Agent collaboration allows customer service staff to collaborate and discuss problems and escalate matters to the experts to close cases faster.
Service Cloud Communities redefine

Cons

The Service Cloud, like other Salesforce.com solutions, can be relatively expensive compared to other Software-as-a-Service CRM products available on the market.
Salesforce.com does not offer a Service Level Agreement unless the customer requests one, and SLAs often fall behind the guarantees of other CRM providers.
If businesses are seeking a broader solution that covers other back office processes, such as accounting, Salesforce.com products like the Service Cloud lack such features.

Innovative tool to grow your business

Reviewed on 11/9/2018

I love working with Salesforce. I bet my team and business partners like it too. Its revolutionary and I would recommend it.

Pros

Unlike other similar platforms, Salesforce makes customization easy and painless. With Salesforce, I can bring my business wherever I go because it’s could-based. Our employees and business partners can also access it from anywhere around the world and contribute to the business’s overall productivity. Also, it doesn’t matter which browser you and your team use, the CRM will run smoothly. The software also makes it for users to use chatter and other social media functions, which make it easy for businesses to take advantage of social networking. The platform also has features that help us keep tabs on our purchase funnel. The platform also gives us a clear multidimensional picture of our progress.

Cons

This platform can be overwhelming for Small businesses that have dedicated marketing or sales team. It’s also very difficult to get in touch with customer care. I guess they are only available during the working hrs and you might be stuck for a while if you encounter a major problem using this tool.

A Great Software For Team Collaborations

Reviewed on 11/30/2018

Overall, I think Salesforce is great! It’s an amazing multi-purpose tool!

Pros

It’s super easy to use and understand. Yo i love the Chatter feature because you can reach out to and keep anyone in the loop with any issues or important matters. It’s always great that your Chatter messages are always available to look back on which is helpful for keeping track of everything. I also love that you can create tasks and reminders for yourself. It’s a great multi purpose tool.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of anything I have had any issues with so far. If I had to pick something, and it could possibly have just been a glitch I’m not sure, is that originally your feed would only show you relevant posts for account you follow. Now it seems to show you everything even if you aren’t involved, chattered, or following an account.

Best CRM tool available right now

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

The overall user experience depends greatly on how the system is set up from the beginning by architects and developers. For example, if there is a company merge, which Salesforce paradigm will the company use if both designs were efficient for the users?

Pros

The Salesforce Sales Cloud product provides clear visibility to the status of sales revenue. I really enjoy the Chatter feature so I don't have to necessarily have to explain to another colleague where to find the account or opportunity. They also provide a Sandbox called Trailhead that allows anyone to learn how to best utilize the product for their business purposes.

Cons

It is not a BI tool Software. When you look at the reporting features available, it does not have the ability to manipulate data like MicroStrategy, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, and Qlik products.

Salesforce is a great CRM

Reviewed on 7/25/2018

Pros

I use Salesforce on a daily basis in my Business Development/Sales Ops role. Salesforce integrates with our softphone (RingCentral), which makes logging calls much easier. I have also set up different workflows in the system to make daily tasks more efficient. There are endless apps and integrations you can use with Salesforce.

Cons

I don't have many negative things to say about Salesforce. I think it is pretty user friendly. There could be some better documentation on how to do specific things in the system. Also, Salesforce is only as good as the data you enter into it. This is not a flaw of Salesforce, but rather any data management system. I highly recommend making a constitution and training your team to abide by rules of entry and management.

Salesforce Review

Reviewed on 1/16/2019

Massively helped our sales team with accurate forecasting and reporting. The quoting engine is amazing, and you can easily build api's to connect salesforce to your other systems.

Pros

-Very easily customizable even for people who don't know to code. However if you are able to code using apex (Salesforce's OOP), then you can virtually do anything.

-The whole user interface was revamped by the new lightining version, very easy to use and excellent reporting and dashboard.

-The 3 releases in the year have massive improvements each time

-Massive online community, any question or issues you have would have already been posted and solved on the internet. Just do a simple google search.

Cons

- Not easy to transition end users who are already on classic version to lightning

Salesforce for all

Reviewed on 1/24/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have worked with Salesforce for a number of years, both from a support side as well as an admin side. It is very nice out of the box and very easy to customize where needed. The automation features were always great. I have watched them evolve into some truly amazing features and become easier to use for the masses. I have recommended several companies purchase the platform, including but not limited to the company I currently work for. Each time they make the investment and see all that it can do for them, not just in sales and marketing areas, but also in HR, Project Management and so on, they are amazed and thrilled with their decision. The app exchange just adds the cherry on top of this magnificent sundae.

Pros

I like the flexibility it offers in customizations and configurations. The appexchange also is a huge plus. You can find just about any addon you may need, and often times can even find a suitable solution for free.

Cons

The two biggest drawbacks I have noticed are the following:
The inability to use custom fiscal years in the new forecasting.
The inability to keep the side panel open when choosing a new contact in the lightning version of Salesforce for Outlook.

The most sophisticated CRM out there

Reviewed on 3/29/2019

Pros

Salesforce allows you to do just about anything, and is famed for offering a wealth of data capture, visualization and processing options. As a small organization we create dour Salesforce architecture quite early on, probably before we needed it! It gives us a lot of credibility as an organization and we can magic up reports in no time. Many other apps now provide Salesforce integration which makes it easier when managing many different processes.

Cons

The one disadvantage is that it's certainly not the easiest system to use, and there's no way the average Jo can set themselves up on it alone. We worked with external consultants to set up our whole architecture and are constantly making changes to it.

7.0/10

Leads Organized

Reviewed on 10/18/2018

Overall Saleforce has been a great addition to our sales team. I like the ability to see closure rates and compare organic leads to purchase vs generated or sourced leads to purchase. Again if it were easier for me to distribute these leads to coworkers without have to email them outside of Salesforce that would make it so much easier. Maybe they have this as a feature and I just haven't been able to set it up yet, or I don't have the "status" to set up this feature.

Pros

Salesforce makes it easy to track leads. The ability to store and edit information about a lead is great, and it's easy to change a lead status from contacted to purchased.

Cons

I wish they had a way to create an admin function that would allow for the admin to send coworkers leads but still be able to track of them to ensure they are being contacted.

The best CRM on the market for a reason

Reviewed on 9/29/2018

very good, aside from using it for day to day use I am able and proficient at building reports and adding a layer of analytics to my day to day work flow.

Pros

Really more than anything it is the flexibility. I've used Salesforce at different companies and each instance was configured uniquely and had functionality that was needed by the sales organization of that company. There are so many good tools that can be easily plugged into the solution from dialers to direct mail fulfillment services.

Cons

If anything, it can be overwhelming. The individual records can be deluged with unneeded sections and fields. Being used to salesforce, i know where to go and how to use it but if I was new to the solution this can be overwhelming.

Salesforce for B2B Sales

Reviewed on 10/25/2018

Pros

Salesforce helps streamline the sales process for B2B sales. The ability to document the communication history with the prospect gives us valuable insight without having to rely on email. Along with that, we can keep track the RFP process, upload old RFPs, or anything relevant to the prospect on one platform. Having all the information on one platform is highly valuable, as it keeps us away from relying on old emails.

Cons

Salesforce as a base platform is a good tool, but to really take advantage of its features, you will need someone else with in-depth knowledge to make it a great tool. Someone will have to add a whole new skill-set or you're going to have to hire someone.

Well worth the money!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I started using Salesforce when I first started my insurance business about 3 years ago. While shopping around for CRM's, I came upon it and selected the Manager version, which was the cheapest at the time. This is WAY lower than the other insurance CRM's on the market. So far it's working for my office and I would recommend it to anyone needing a CRM (just Salesforce Manager version)

Pros

Accessibility: both on desktop and mobile app, very reliable
User management: easy to add user
Tech Support: very friendly and professional (too technical sometimes)

Cons

Set up: features are hard to set up. I had to Tech Support a couple of times for help.
Reliabilitly: This is just one example. My producer changed one field for one client and it changed that same field all the clients. Don't know why. Has yet to call tech support to fix it.
Task management: monitoring tasks assigned to users requires running a report. If I assign recurring tasks to my user the report will return the recurring tasks in the future which isn't very useful. It'd be great if there's a quick popup where I can see the reminders/incomplete tasks of my user.
Tech Support: respond time too long

Best CRM option available

Reviewed on 11/13/2018

As a developer during my last three years I have worked in two different companies and they both were using salesforce and I have learnt a lot and its been great experience.

Pros

As a developer I love how flexible the system is we can customize it to a great level according to our needs.
Not so many of bugs in the system it's stable and very mature
Our sales team is very happy to manage sales and get insights of data
They are changing to new layout which is advance look and feel and looks great

Cons

One can take a bit more time to learn salesforce because the system is too big and its not easy to keep track of things
Its expensive but considering the features it provides a I think price is fine

Customized Salesforce user

Reviewed on 1/21/2019

From a business perspective, I have used Salesforce mainly to create reports on clients and their spend (based on attributed dollars on a contract) and also update different contact pages.

Pros

I think Salesforce allows for considerable customization for its users. At my company, I've used it for operational, commercial and research purposes, which is awesome.

Cons

Salesforce is not intuitively easy to use, at least at my company. Some of the field names can be misleading; I think the reporting feature is also difficult if you don't have training or teaching. Also, I don't find the individual pages (contacts, contracts, memberships) pleasing to the eye. The content isn't laid out nicely in my opinion.

6.0/10

The best cloud CRM available to successfully manage your customers

Reviewed on 12/14/2018

Salesforce is fast gaining popularity.. I have been using it at my current workplace as well as my previous workplace. Using Salesforce has been a treat. I can track leads, send out marketing material for selected groups as well as track sales- an end to end solution. I recently discovered the Data import wizard and it has made life so much easier. The customer service team is also very responsive. It is a win-win!

Pros

The best feature of Salesforce is its easy setup- its objects and associated processes are intuitive and come with an interactive platform. Lead management is seamless and the ability to automate marketing is a cherry on the top.

Cons

Price might be a tipping point (as always is) but the services offered are worth paying for.

Salesforce continues to improve Service Cloud

Reviewed on 12/9/2016

Great Cloud product with a focus on team collaboration and managing your businesses services on one screen. They have recently updated the UI interface and modernised it, making it more easy to implement with support on all devices. Case management and CTI Integration is easy and great, allied with newer products to the market like Lightning Field Service, this product will only get better

Pros

Very easy to implement with a focus on team collaboration and giving a 360 degree view of the customer. Improvements are continually a priority and with the new Salesforce Einstein, using Artificial Intelligence this product will some be a game changer for businesses

Cons

Can be a little pricy but you get what you pay for, and the customisation is limitless