1 098 reviews

1 098 reviews
Elizabeth H.
  • Industry: Online Media

Easy to use and essential for my business

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

Buffer is one of the more inexpensive social media scheduling and tracking sites. I really like how easy it is to link all my different social media accounts and schedule my posts ahead of time. It also makes it really easy to post to all my social media accounts at once. I like the browser extension that allows me to buffer an image, website, or page on the fly. I also use their app on my smartphone. It gives me all the tools I need for only about $8 per month. I also like that it offers analytics and tracking information on my posts. You can also republish an old post. Another feature I love is the ability to see all your post comments and comment back from Buffer.

Pros

The ability to link to all different social media accounts.
The extension for the web browser is amazing and easy to use.
The app for the smartphone is also very easy to use.
The free version also has a lot of features. If you do not have a lot of social accounts, the free version works perfectly.
You can track the engagement and analytics of your posts.
You can actually comment and engage on your posts from the website or app!
It's very inexpensive.

Cons

Nothing really. Sometimes a post gets blocked because of the link, but that's an issue with the social media site and not Buffer directly.

Duane K.
  • Industry: Photography

Buffer is ok

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Pros

Does what they say which is allows one to schedule posts to social media.

Cons

Raised their price for individual accounts from 10 to 15 a month. Went to the free plan because of it then you lose posting abilities. Software has always had issues with it as each "upgrade" can result in loss of features. I hesitate to upgrade because of this. Sometimes it is best to leave things along. Some of the responses the software give can seem sophomoric, "Oops" comments, how about programming in not allowing times that have gone by instead of the comments? Every third post the app hangs for at least 3 minutes which is very annoying. They had better versions than the current ones as of late.

Gregory F.

If you post to social media for your business, you need to be using this service.

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

I'm not a social media professional, and have no interest in spending time each day on multiple pages of multiple sites to share information for business marketing. Buffer let's me do exactly that work with a few clicks, and schedule posts out for days at a time.

Pros

Buffer takes so much effort out of frequent social media posting. It allows with a click and a few words of caption to post to one site or many, one page or many, on a pre-set or "next up" schedule so that you never have to stop what you're doing to share a web site to your profiles. It takes care of the post times, the queue, the placement, even the analyitics of how your posts perform across all of your social sites.

Their blog alone is worth subscribing to - jammed with useful and entertaining tips for maximizing your results, and the free version can be very helpful for startup pages or social enthusiasts. But when you're serious about posting for your business, the paid plans make the transition to "professional social media marketer" very seamless.

Cons

Recently, Facebook and Buffer aren't as tightly integrated as they used to be. That's a change with FB, and Buffer is very up front about why things are different. It's a small step backward, and not the developer's fault at all. It's still the very best value in managed social media posting, and a sanity saver for anyone who posts to multiple sites/profiles/pages on a regular basis.

Liz W.
  • Industry: Photography

Buffer for Small Business

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Overall, Buffer is a helpful tool for scheduling posts across many platforms. As a small business owner, I have very little time leftover at the end of the day, and the last thing I want to worry about is my social media posting. Buffer helps me streamline my workday and check one more thing off the list with little effort.

Pros

As a photographer, I rely heavily on social media, so social media assistants/schedulers are great for streamlining work. Some pros of Buffer are:
- There are varying levels of accounts, including a free option, so you're sure to find a plan that works for you
- Buffer has a strong analytics tool. The big plus here for me is that it will show you in plain english which posts perform better or worse (and you can filter them by engagement type).
- Scheduling posts across platforms is literally as easy as one click.
- The interface is simple and very user friendly.

Cons

Cons:
-The biggest con is not a fault of Buffer, and that is its integration with Instagram. Instagram does not allow third party apps to post on its behalf, so Buffer cannot do this. It instead will send a notification to your phone to let you know that it loaded a photo into your Instagram account, and from there you take the lead.
- With the free version, you can only keep 10 scheduled posts at a time.
- The analytics lacks a key thing: the ability to monitor mentions, searches or hashtags.

Response from Buffer

Hi, Liz, thank you for your amazing review! You might be glad to know that you can now schedule single-image posts to your Instagram business profiles (https://buffer.com/instagram).

As for monitoring mentions, searches, and hashtags, you might like Buffer Reply, our social media engagement tool (https://buffer.com/reply/). Hope this helps!

-Alfred

Ron R.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Daily Buffer User. Main place to send out All Social Media Posts

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Overall I've used it for many years and use their paid service for many years as well. I've recommended the product to many other people in my field.

Pros

This software has been my go to social media queue for many years. I have my whole staff using it and am using it across multiple companies. It offers me the ability to easily add content and posts from my desktop or phone. It helps me schedule and stay current on all my social media pages.

Cons

It would be great if Instagram had a little better integration. I also wish the Video editing capabilities of Facebook could be integrated on the Video Editing side of things.

Michele H.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Social Media Automated

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

I've had a great experience with Buffer. Even if Buffer has tech issues they let their customers and community know about it. Their content marketing is great too. The rep and team being transparent makes doing business with Buffer a better option than competitors.

Pros

I've been using Buffer for almost 4 years. I've tried several other scheduling options but always return to Buffer. There are several reasons: 1) ease of use 2) the ability to post to 10 social media accounts 3) integration with Quuu and 4) integration with BulkBuffer. All of this has made Buffer a win win for me.

Cons

I'd like to automate posting into Facebook groups again and LinkedIn Company Pages.

Flavio A.
  • Industry: Design

Great way to schedule and manage social accounts

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

Buffer allows me and my team members to manage and collaborate on social media content management and scheduling. Highly recommended for any teams, big or small.

Pros

Buffer is extremely easy to use and allows me to post content to multiple accounts at the same time. Each individual account can have its own schedule as well, so you can stagger posts on different channels. Just set and forget.

Once I've added posts to my accounts, the list view allows me to drag and drop to easily shift the position of specific posts in the schedule, while the calendar view gives me an overarching look at all the planned content. I'd like recommend Buffer as a social content management tool.

Cons

Not a big deal, but it would be great to get a preview on the most basic types of posts (link only for example) on channels like Twitter to be able visualize how the Open Graph components are going to be displayed before posting. This type of preview is automatically generated on channels like Facebook.

Response from Buffer

Hi, Flavio, thank you for your review and suggestion! I love the idea of getting a preview, and I believe it's something the team has been thinking about, too. Thanks for the validation. -Alfred

Maaya Y.

Great social media manager for beginners!

Reviewed on 2020/12/15

Overall, I would highly recommend this to all startups! As a startup, you don't need to use a social media managing software that's expensive. Buffer offers so many features at its base plan and I think it's sufficient. They have higher-tier plans that offer more features so once your social media accounts grow, upgrading is an option.

Pros

I was introduced to do this software by my boyfriend because he uses this for his dog walking business. It took several hours to figure out how to use it but after getting the hang of it, it's totally worth it! From the research that I did, I think it's an affordable option in comparison to other programs It's easy to use, affordable and the features that are offered with the Pro plan are more than enough for a startup!

Cons

The only thing that could be fixed is the connection with all the social media accounts. The integration itself is very smooth but every once in a while (probably once every 3 months) some accounts get disconnected so you have to re-connect them. Since it happens rarely it's not a deal-breaker but I just look at it as a way to verify accounts!

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

No better way to manage multiple social media profiles individually or as a team

Reviewed on 2019/06/02

Allows our team to reliably scale social media engagement, grow our social audience, and monitor the conversation easily -- better than ANY other platform we have used, and we've used them ALL.

Pros

* Supports the most popular social media marketing platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, more) all in one place
* Seamlessly integrated into the social platforms
* Makes scheduling and automating social media publishing extremely easy and effective
* Flexible options for publishing and scheduling
* Integrated link shortening (including Bit.ly integration)
* Integrated analytics
* Team support with TFA
* Desktop (web) and mobile apps
* Responsive tech support
* Optional listening (Reply) and advanced analytics (Analyze)
* Very competitively priced

Cons

* Optional Analyze tool is weak (built-in analytics are sufficient as well)
* Developing a schedule could benefit from a better UI and more options (i.e., automation)
* UI for setting dates & times for posts needs work, too many steps, needs some automation

Kevin L.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Buffer is great for Social Media Posting

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

We've been using Buffer for years, and it's helped us manage social listening where we can pick up on negative comments/reviews quickly. There's a lot of tools out there already that do scheduling and that do social listening, but what's great about Buffer is that it does both. It's a handy tool and great for any company.

Pros

Buffer's an excellent tool for startups when it comes to managing social media profiles. The scheduling feature is perfect for Instagram, and that's the tool that we use the most. Buffer schedules for all major social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, but still looking for Linkedin Integration, which I believe is on the roadmap for 2019. Buffer's UX/UI is dead simple, which makes navigating and posting a breeze. The engagement feature of replying and social listening makes Buffer a tool that's versatile for a brand that has multiple accounts and a lot of activity -- especially a use case like a restaurant or clothing brand where customers are prone to write negative reviews. Social listening on Buffer helps brands manage negative comments and reply to customers to win them back. Would highly recommend Buffer to any startup/company that is looking for a 360 view on their social media.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about Buffer. It's a great tool for social media management.

Response from Buffer

Thanks for the awesome review, Kevin! In case it's helpful to know, we do have a LinkedIn integration now. Here's how to connect your LinkedIn Company Page: https://faq.buffer.com/article/447-publish-connect-linkedin-page (Let me know if I might have misunderstood your comment!) Thanks. -Alfred

Tony C.

Buffer is the Best of the Bunch.

Reviewed on 2019/12/07

Overall, Buffer is the best of the bunch. They are continuously improving the software and they are very transparent about how their company works.

Pros

The team at Buffer listens to their users and makes continuous improvements to the software. I love how the calendar feature has evolved over the years.

Cons

I'm not so fond of the Big Brother element of the software that tells me that I've recently posted the same post and that it won't allow me to post again. This has made me consider dropping Buffer.

Chandrika N.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Manage your social media!!!

Reviewed on 2019/08/17

overall I am loving this app till now, it's easy to use.

Pros

It's easy to manage social media life with the help of buffer. It's an app which manages all your social media accounts, you can schedule your posts and upload them on various social media channel at the same time from just this app, so you don't need to login in separate accounts every time you want to post something.
it's analytics also helps you to know when you should post on your social media channel, and how effective it will be to post something.
Free version - will allow 3 social accounts,10 scheduled posts per account.
If you want to add more social accounts then you have to try their different chargeable versions available.

Cons

I use buffer a quite as I am a part-time blogger, so it helps me a lot, but I wish it's free version allows us to upload more posts,

I faced issue while posting pictures on Instagram, it stucks in between. rest I find it a very helpful app.

Shannon & Y.

Excellent Tool to Maximize Time Management

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

I love the ease of Buffer and plan on staying a client for years to come.

Pros

Very easy to use from the start and easy to share across different social media platforms and groups. Definite time saver from posting directly on the Social Media Account.

Cons

The only bug, I wish when you re-buffered it would also transfer the write up and not just the media attached.

Rob C.

Almost everything I want

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

As someone who schedules social media posts daily, both for my day job and for side projects, I need to be able to get posts written and scheduled quickly, and preferably in an app that I can enjoy using. Buffer fits the bill. It's the app I suggest the most to users who need something that works well for posting, thanks largely to its ease of use and pleasant UI and UX. I hesitate to recommend it for corporate functions (and indeed don't get to use it as often as I would like in my day job), however, because of the lack of analytics capability built in. Hoping this is something that gets changed soon.

Pros

Buffer is beautiful and it works really well for what it does. For those reasons alone, I'm a big fan. UI and UX are big deals for me when it comes to choosing software; I really believe that the best tools are the ones that you enjoy using, and I really do enjoy using Buffer. The process of making social posts is, in my opinion, simpler than with competing apps, and you just get the sense that you're using something that the development team actually thought through from a user's perspective. That's great.

Cons

Minor gripe, in a sense, but the continued lack of social analytics features makes Buffer a tough sell for some companies. Hootsuite is, frankly, less enjoyable to use, but its additional functionality gives it the edge in some data-driven capacities. Buffer has been working on analytics features to make up for this gap, but it's been a long while and nothing has come.

Social media marketing gets a whole lot easier with Buffer

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Love using Buffer. A great tool that will save your time, money, and more.

Pros

I mainly use Buffer (free version) to schedule tweets and it works great. I switched to Buffer from HootSuite and it immediately impressed me. HootSuite is a bit difficult to use, but Buffer is spot on. It is easy as hell.
I use Buffer on my phone to schedule posts and it works like a charm. Its Chrome extension is indeed a life-saver. With Chrome extension, you can select any text on any web page and add it to your Buffer queue.
I just love this feature.

Cons

With free version, you can queue 10 tweets and when you are using Buffer on your mobile, it doesn't give you any alert when your queued is all filled. So when I have created a nice tweet and my queue is all filled up and I will add the 11th tweet to my queue, I will then get a message that my queue is filled (after all the hard work on my part has been done). This is kind of irritating. This alert should be sent when the queue is filled instead of when the 11th tweet is prepared and added to queue.

Response from Buffer

Hi, there! Thank you for the kind review and suggestion. Your feedback makes a lot of sense, and I have passed your suggestion along to our mobile app team. -Alfred

Dave V.
  • Industry: Music

Look busy without being busy - Buffer keeps your social balls in the air like magic

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Buffer enables me to keep a lively social presence without being online at all times. Because who wants to do that!

Pros

The ability to post to social media when I'm actually online and researching great content — without carpet-bombing my social accounts — is a game-changer. Buffer allows me to drop a bunch of content in a bucket at once, and have that content drip out on a schedule over several days or weeks. It does all this with a clean, friendly interface on a generous free plan.

Cons

I really have no complaints about Buffer. Their free plan is great and I find it really easy to use. When I use Hootsuite I feel like I'm doing paperwork. That is - not great. When I use Buffer I feel little to no pain.

When pressed, I'd say Buffer can work TOO well. I forget what I've cued up for when and then things go out at times I may not be ready for. Someone may comment on a post and I'm nowhere to be found for a response. I don't feel this is unique to Buffer though - any auto-post tool can suffer this same fate.

Response from Buffer

Hi, Dave, wow, thank you so much for the kind words. Happy Buffer-ing!

Lee M.

Best social tool around... not many services teach as well as serve. Buffer does both.

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Buffer is my very own social media assistant, manager and mentor!

Pros

The problem Buffer solved was one of it's kind when it first arrived on the scene. It saved me days worth of time, money and stress in the chaotic social scene by being able to plan ahead and let it go. Since then, many similar other services have appeared offering the same solution. None of them though, offer the level of learning, advice and overall support Buffer does. Their commitment to educating users instills an unparalleled confidence in their business.

Cons

That they haven't yet managed to secure a partnership or arrangement with Instagram that would allow scheduling of Instagram posts too.

Varsha G.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

An Outstanding Social Posting tool - Save your time now

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

I love this product because it save my lot of time to scheduling the social posts on many channels by a single platform. it really helps me during when I run any contest and promotional / real time post there i need to keep post active on time.

Pros

I like the most of it time schedule with many of social channels at one time. it also allows me to add the post images and details one time and it adds in multiple channels automatically.

Cons

Sometime it stuck on the time of low connectivity or might be some system error.... so due to this the post has been stopped and it didn't post on social channels. It happens only 1-2 time in a month. I hope it will be fix soon.

• Industry: Entertainment

Works a treat!

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Great platform to manage the automation of your online social communications.

Pros

I was completely new to the world of managing my online communications across various platforms and I found Buffer on Appsumo. I never regretted using it. It is straightforward to set up, to select your areas of interest and the timings off your communications on your preferred platforms.

Cons

There is very little that I can say to the detriment of Buffer and if there was one thing then I would prefer to have a better curating tool for some of the auto-generated posts as I have found not all posts are on cue to what I am communicating about.

Shannon G.

Great for Smaller Clients

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Overall, despite the little bugs and pricing limitations, I absolutely love how easy Buffer is to use. The fact that it easy connects all forms of social media saves a ton of time and effort which is everything in my line of work.

Pros

Buffer is very user-friendly. Scheduling or rebuffering a post makes sharing across all forms of social media a breeze. The free version is just enough to get you hooked on the program. The first time I used it years ago, I was so impressed with how easy it was to learn and use that I immediately started pushing it to my clients. I love how easy it is to find a post and edit it if need be. Also, if you're just needing to push a post out sooner than usual, you can just hit the "publish now" button which is very handy.

Cons

I wish the free version offered a little more. However, it's free, so, you can't really complain. I believe the pricing is a bit high. My smaller clients are better able to use it in comparison with my larger clients. My larger clients seem too limited with Buffer, especially for the price so they end up moving to different programs such as Tailwind. However, many of my clients would stick with Buffer if there was more offered for the price they're paying. It seems Buffer has a lot of posts that have random errors on behalf of the software so they just don't ever get posted. This bug can be a little annoying at times.

Sean L.

Won't use any other company.

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

I use this for personal accounts and for work accounts. Multiple. It brings all of my work and personal things to an easy to use, manageable, mobile platform. It's a huge time saver. Huge.

Pros

Even with a free account, lining up posts for the week is super easy. All platforms covered (relevant ones anyway) They DO have Instagram integration for business accounts. Customer service is fast. They make it a point to talk to you like they are an old college friend. The longest I have ever waited for a response on Twitter for help was MAYBE 5 minutes.

Cons

Everything I have ever had a problem with they address right away. Can't think of any cons. For real.

Caleb G.
  • Industry: Publishing

A life saver for a small business!

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

It's a huge time saver for a small business like ours where I am usually the only person managing multiple social media accounts.

Pros

The User Interface is pleasent and easy to use with little or no training. Scheduling posts across multiple platforms is great. With the iPhone app and the Safari extension, sharing posts is even easier and quicker as well.

Cons

There were a couple of features that I enjoyed, but are no longer supported (at this time anyway). One of those is the suggested posting times for each account. Buffer would analyze previous post engagement and offer suggest times. They no longer do this, but it's not a huge loss for me.

Armando R.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Control your social media posting

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Working and managing many of my clients content can be time-consuming. Using buffer can help me optimize my time and easily manage all the posting that needs to be done.

Pros

Buffer is really easy to use and get started. In a matter of a few clicks and following the app lead, you are about ready to launch and automate your posting workflow.

Cons

If you have many posts to publish, the Premium plan can be a bit expensive. Not a big deal in my opinion though.

Jay D.

Schedule all your content!

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Between the informative blog posts, incredible customer service, and handy analytics, we've nailed our social media strategy and begun to see a improvement in engagement, audience growth, and revenue!

Pros

The innovation. There is a lot of competition in the social media industry and there are a lot of scheduling products like Buffer. But they manage to stay ahead of the curve, always innovating to come up with new features, offerings, and complementing side products. So you can always be confident that you're using the best software with the latest technology. It makes content management a breeze! No more worrying about posting on time

Cons

There aren't many options between the free version and the pro version. A big jump but I believe they're fixing this so that's ruled out.

Adrienne G.

Clean interface, easy to use, free options available

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

The interface was easy to navigate and very simple with little instructions. There is a free version which will serve very basic needs. Other functions are available with increase in subscription cost. Easy and reliable way to schedule social media posts and works across many platforms. For a small business, it fits our needs perfectly.

Cons

Reporting and analytics are lacking and there are limitations on the platforms you can post on. The Buffer dashboard is weak but it is forgivable for the price of the software.