Buffer Reviews

4.5/5 (837 reviews)
Nathaniel C.

Buffer-Social Media Management and Automation

Reviewed on 2018/12/30

The best thing about Buffer is the number of accounts and posts that can be added. Next up the ability to see the overall potential of posts in the analytics gives a good insight as to who your fans are, who they're fans are and what they like sharing. Overall, Buffer is a must have for Social Media users who can't spend every waking hour posting.

Pros

I have been using Buffer for around two years and still think it is a must-have for any social media users who are needing to automate their posts.

Top pros for this software are:

Relatively low cost.
Run multiple profiles.
Ability to schedule damn near unlimited posts.
Scheduling options and queue are presented well and easy to use.
The way the analytics are presented.

The content feed is also a brilliant feature, although it can also do with some significant improvements.

This is by far one of the best low cost/free software's for Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn posting.

Cons

As above, the content feed needs some improvement, as it does not always pull the most recent links. Addition of a filter for the content feed would be an A* feature.

Sometimes hashtag lists do not display correctly and errors can be shown when tagging someone's profile.

Need to be able to create a permanent, possibly arranged list of regularly used hashtags.

Instagram posts need to be monitored as direct posting is not available, instead, you are notified to 'ok' the post first. This wouldn't be a problem IF the notifications actually were pushed on time, plus it does kind of defeat the purpose of the automation.

Response from Buffer

Hi, Nathaniel, thank you so much for the kind feedback and suggestions. Your suggestions are really helpful in helping us improve the product. I personally really like the idea of filtering the content feed.

I'm glad to share that you can now schedule and automatically publish your Instagram posts to your Instagram Business profiles without needing the notifications. Here's more information: https://buffer.com/instagram.

-Alfred

Jordan R.

Buffer, the Only Way to Manage Social Media

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

If not for Buffer I would not be able to post regularly to social media. I don't get on the various platforms enough to post everyday, and Buffer makes it possible to bring a message to my audience on a consistent basis.

Pros

I love using Buffer to plan out my social media strategy. Here is what I love most about it:

1) It easily integrates with Twitter and Facebook. It works with Pinterest and Instagram, but I only use it for Facebook and Twitter.

2) You get to use it for free for up to 10 scheduled posts at a time (as of this writing) and this allows you to be sure that it works for you and for your needs.

3) The team at behind Buffer is fantastic. The few times I needed to contact support I was helped right away and my issue taken care of just like that. Their emails are funny and you can tell that they love what they do.

Cons

Honestly there isn't a lot I dislike about Buffer. If I had major problems with it I would have switched over to Hootsuite or a similar app.

In the end, here are three things I could Buffer could improve upon.

1) The UI can be a bit clunky at times. I think it could use a makeover. It's not terrible by any means but it can be confusing to figure out.

2) Sometimes the extension doesn't connect right, and it gets stuck in a loading pattern.

3) I often have to go and reauthorize twitter or Facebook to work again. It can get annoying to do this over and over.

Overall, these downsides are only slight and don't stop me from loving Buffer.

Response from Buffer

Hi, Jordan, thank you so much for the review and feedback. Our engineers and designers have been working hard to rebuild the infrastructure and look of Buffer. I hope that will improve the user interface and minimize those issues. -Alfred

Affordable, Super Simple, Nice Feature Set, Amazing Support

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

I started using buffer around 5 years ago and they had a great idea right from the start: how can I schedule social media tasks well in advance so I can set it and forget it?

This has been the core feature ever since: you create your posts, define your posting schedule and let the app do it's magic automatically. Most social media marketers I know care more about the quality of their posts than scheduling each post with an exact date and time and that's where buffer excels.

You can also add different social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter and now even Instagram. The latter is really something most social media apps can't do, so it's great to have.

Buffer is a great tool to "collect" posts from everywhere you go and just put it into your queue with the click of a button. For this they created a browser extension that you can just press when you're reading an article you like and it will be immediately added to your buffer.

Also buffer is the only app I know of that has integrations with lots of blogs and the like that allow you to just add to your buffer with a simple click. Watch out for the "Add to Buffer" button when you browse the web.

The free version allows you not just to thoroughly test the software, but also to use it for your small social media projects where you can schedule up to 10 posts at once.

Oh, and the support is amazing! I once asked for a refund because auto renewal was activated for a customer and they happily refunded it,

Cons

The pricing was way more compelling before with the Awesome plan.

Additional team members are a must when you're collaborating, but they start at 99$ a month which is too much in my opinion.

The buffer is missing some crucial collaboration features of other software that makes it hard to use for working as a team. The current approach is more like "everybody adds their posts and they'll be scheduled automatically" and less "everybody suggests posts and let's discuss them in the team". Thus it's not ideal for agencies that would like to discuss posts internally and send them to the client for approval.

Santiago A.

One of the best market options to manage your work in social networks.

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Working in the levels of Community Manager, and Social Media Manager, it is important to try many options for the automation of the accounts of all the clients that trust my marketing vision to manage their presence in the network. With Buffer I have saved a lot of money, activities that several people did in the past, now it is enough to use their platform from cell phones, even in a computer, it is that multiplatform feature that makes me stay loyal to your commercial options. Another element that very few speak is time, for me it is vital, that is why thanks to buffer, I only dedicate the essential to plan all the content and I count on its technology for the fulfillment of the assignments that I seek to generate per day. That is why if you are looking for an effective and very capable option, with buuffer you arrived at the indicated place.

Pros

One of the headaches of every community manager, is the fact of managing all the networks of one or several clients, thanks to Buffer that is a thing of the past. I really like the possibility that it offers me to have everything I need in one place to make my work better and better. Another thing I look for in a platform for the management of social networks, is to be able to measure the scope of each of the issues that are published, thanks to buffer it is possible to obtain it without any problem. Also, I can take the time and the effectiveness of my work, I have received several days to get other customers since I started using this wonderful platform, which translates into higher income for my services supported by Buffer, I daresay that, at present, is the best alternative for the management of social networks.

Cons

I have been using Buffer for several years for the automation of my work and I am very happy with everything that it offers, I can not negatively affect it because I have seen how they constantly correct all the inconveniences that arise, so I do not accompany my criticism with any negative comments the platform. I am sure that soon they will improve the web interface and include many more surprises to increase the number of users.

Jason D.

Still one of the best social media schedulers

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

Quick to schedule social media posts to multiple accounts in a few clicks. Extremely versatile and easy to use.

I have used many social media scheduling tools over the years but keep coming back to Buffer. I actually used the free version for many years but as a business grows and your social media presence grows it is better to pay for a solution that allows you to manage them all under one roof.

When it comes to scheduling posts, the interface is clean and simple and easy to use. There is link shortening too if required.

The limit for queued posts is 100 per social media account which is easily enough for at least a month's worth of posts so should be sufficient for most users.

Automatic Instagram posting is a relatively new and welcome addition to Buffer.

Support are pretty responsive when required but I haven't needed much from them in all honesty.

All in all I really like Buffer. It is considerably cheaper than many of its competitors and does what it does really well and if someone is looking to buy into a paid social media scheduling tool I would recommend they start here.

Cons

RSS feed can be a bit clunky.

Is 8 accounts generous enough? You are "limited" to 8 social media accounts on the Pro plan which sounds a lot but can be filled up quickly. They reduced this in March 2018 from 10 to 8 which was disappointing.

Another disappointment is the lack of a native way to enable bulk scheduling by uploading a csv file. This is available in other schedulers (although they are considerably more expensive than Buffer). Fortunately there is a solution in the form of a 3rd party application called "bulk buffer" (just do a Google search for it).

Response from Buffer

Hi, Jason, thank you for the kind review and honest feedback about our tool. If you are up for sharing, I would love to hear more about the RSS feed. I also hear you regarding the account limits and bulk scheduling. We have heard similar feedback about the account limits and have been thinking about how we could improve that. Thanks again for the feedback.

Abigail N.

Simple and easy social media manager

Reviewed on 2016/11/11

I'm a huge fan of Buffer (And Hootsuite), Buffer was the first social media manager I've ever used. It was easy to use and the UI was great. I use the free plan which came with 7 days (I think) to use the Pinterest feature free.

I wish the free plan wasn't restricted to 10 posts per profile but I can understand the reason.

There was also an image quality loss when I used buffer on my Kindle fire tablet, but their support was quick to help and while Buffer isn't natively functional on Fire, it was god to know that the customer care did all that they could to help.

Buffer analytics is kind of lame, maybe it's because I'm on the free plan but I laughed when I clicked on analytics and the metrics were: Retweets, Likes, Mention, Comments, Shares, Potential' Instagram Analytics gives better stats than that

One area where Buffer trumps Hootsuite is that it the free plan supports 5 social media profiles (Once again you can only use Pinterest for 7 days free but meh). I like the fact that I can set up my preferred schedule times and then when I 'Add to Queue' the posts go out at the specified time. It's like MavSocial's 'Campaign' feature.

I also liked being able to Rebuffer my old posts. It kept my social media profile continually active. I mostly use Buffer connected to getcrate.co to keep my social media profiles active.

Pros

Buffer integrates nicely with softwares such as start a fire, feedly and Crate. Which are all softwares i use. This makes it easy for me to share content to my followers. It is easy to use and the freeplan supports 5 social medis networks.

Cons

The image quality loss I experienced when i used Buffer on my fire tablet. Granted Buffer on my android tablet is perfect but I wished it worked just as well as Hootsuite did.

Buffer is the Best!!

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

As a single person managing the marketing across all fields for a company, including their traditional advertising, website maintenance and content, with HR on the side, buffer has enabled me to keep up with the social media without a worry. I can take a day out every few weeks and put a plan into action which will run in the background while I am consumed by other tasks. It is a real life saver.

Pros

I love using this product, after trying to get along with other platforms which enable you to pre program posts across different social media platforms this is by far the best on I have found! It is extremely user friendly, you can clearly look at your monthly schedule on a separate window to see what you have planned it. The reminders for posts which have not successfully posted (e.g. multiple images to instagram) are a brilliant help! And Buffer is constantly being updated and improved.

Cons

Not being able to post multiple images to instagram. Sometimes images take a long time to buffer and stick on '99% finishing up' and you have to delete the post/ reopen the page to try again.

Gregory F.

If you post to social media for your business, you need to be using this service.

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

I'm not a social media professional, and have no interest in spending time each day on multiple pages of multiple sites to share information for business marketing. Buffer let's me do exactly that work with a few clicks, and schedule posts out for days at a time.

Pros

Buffer takes so much effort out of frequent social media posting. It allows with a click and a few words of caption to post to one site or many, one page or many, on a pre-set or "next up" schedule so that you never have to stop what you're doing to share a web site to your profiles. It takes care of the post times, the queue, the placement, even the analyitics of how your posts perform across all of your social sites.

Their blog alone is worth subscribing to - jammed with useful and entertaining tips for maximizing your results, and the free version can be very helpful for startup pages or social enthusiasts. But when you're serious about posting for your business, the paid plans make the transition to "professional social media marketer" very seamless.

Cons

Recently, Facebook and Buffer aren't as tightly integrated as they used to be. That's a change with FB, and Buffer is very up front about why things are different. It's a small step backward, and not the developer's fault at all. It's still the very best value in managed social media posting, and a sanity saver for anyone who posts to multiple sites/profiles/pages on a regular basis.

Erik R.

Buffer is a Great Social Scheduler for Small Business Owners

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Pros

I've done social media marketing consulting for 3-4 years now and I will always suggest Buffer to my small business clients. The platform is so straightforward it would take the most non-technology savvy person to get lost on it. The free platform works flawlessly and lets you connect quite a few of your social accounts, and I have never had a problem with the mobile app - and come to think of it I'm pretty sure I only use the mobile app for scheduling when I create my own content. If you're not sure which social scheduler to use when you're just first starting out, please consider Buffer. Their team is on top of its game when creating content for its users and keeping their community up to date on the latest Instagram API changes and Facebook algorithms. This platform is the real deal.

Cons

This platform is great if you're the sole owner of your social platforms, but when you need to move to a bigger team I would consider upgrading to something more robust like Sprout Social. I really don't have many bad things to say about Buffer besides that its fairly simplistic, but honestly that simplicity is what attracts so many small business owners to the platform. If you have 3-4 social accounts and post fairly regularly on a weekly basis, Buffer is a great product for you.

Liz W.

Buffer for Small Business

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Overall, Buffer is a helpful tool for scheduling posts across many platforms. As a small business owner, I have very little time leftover at the end of the day, and the last thing I want to worry about is my social media posting. Buffer helps me streamline my workday and check one more thing off the list with little effort.

Pros

As a photographer, I rely heavily on social media, so social media assistants/schedulers are great for streamlining work. Some pros of Buffer are:
- There are varying levels of accounts, including a free option, so you're sure to find a plan that works for you
- Buffer has a strong analytics tool. The big plus here for me is that it will show you in plain english which posts perform better or worse (and you can filter them by engagement type).
- Scheduling posts across platforms is literally as easy as one click.
- The interface is simple and very user friendly.

Cons

Cons:
-The biggest con is not a fault of Buffer, and that is its integration with Instagram. Instagram does not allow third party apps to post on its behalf, so Buffer cannot do this. It instead will send a notification to your phone to let you know that it loaded a photo into your Instagram account, and from there you take the lead.
- With the free version, you can only keep 10 scheduled posts at a time.
- The analytics lacks a key thing: the ability to monitor mentions, searches or hashtags.

Response from Buffer

Hi, Liz, thank you for your amazing review! You might be glad to know that you can now schedule single-image posts to your Instagram business profiles (https://buffer.com/instagram).

As for monitoring mentions, searches, and hashtags, you might like Buffer Reply, our social media engagement tool (https://buffer.com/reply/). Hope this helps!

-Alfred

7.0/10
Bethany S.

Great simple tool

Reviewed on 2018/03/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I have used Buffer for two different businesses and might start using it for myself personally soon. It's a very intuitive, user-friendly way to schedule social media posts, and even the free version of Buffer is a useful tool. Compared to Hootsuite I find Buffer to be easier to use, and easier to learn to use, as well as far more pleasant to look at. Buffer easily allows you to schedule social media posts for various media channels, and having the browser add on makes this even easier.

Cons

I've been sad to hear about the features that Buffer is removing from their free plan (previously called the Individual plan) in March of 2018. The Re-buffer option (which allowed you to easily reschedule high-performing posts that you previously posted) will no longer be available on the free plan. They've also changed their link shortening options, no longer offering bitly link shortening.

This isn't a huge deal, and if you're planning to pay for Buffer anyway then it's fine. Buffer is really most useful if you pay for it anyway, since the free plan only allows you to schedule 10 posts in advance per social account. I have used both the free and paid version of Buffer, and probably will use both in the future, though I also plan to revisit Hootsuite and consider switching back.

7.0/10
Stephen H.

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

My team uses Buffer every day for posting and scheduling social media posts, we love it!

Cons

Ideally there would be less limits to the free accounts, but can respect their need to push users to the paid options. Even the free account is a great solution.

Ron elius S.

Social Media Management that's not overwhelming

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Super awesome easiest navigation of Social Media automation tool.

Pros

Buffer is a great tool for Social Media Marketing and Management. The thing that I liked the most about Buffer is their simple User Interface.
You can navigate easily, you won't need a Digital Compass, unlike other Social Media Management tools where you will be lost in a sea of buttons.
Connecting your Social Media Profiles will be an easy breeze, click a button and voila! You're already connected and ready to roll-out.
Buffer has a Free plan! Yep, you will never have to worry if you're cramming the software.
Buffer Free Plan has a built-in Analytics tool that does work intelligently.
Every now and then, the Free Plan also receives the Upgrades for the Paid Versions.
The Paid Plans are not that Pricey, it's worth your money.

Cons

As much as I love to see if someone mentions my Social Media Account, Buffer cannot show this, if you're a freak about mentions, searches or relevant and rich hashtags, Buffer has little to no feature like this. Just remember, Buffer's purpose is to automate your Social Media Planning, scheduling your posts and publishing your work in a most efficient way possible.

Response from Buffer

Thanks so much for the kind review, Ron! We currently have a separate product for social media monitoring and listening, Reply, which we aim to integrate into the Buffer platform in the future. Feel free to check it out here: https://buffer.com/reply/

Theresa W.

Social Media posting with ease

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

What a blessing! A big time safer - especially for Instagram!!

Pros

I must say the number one thing I like about Buffer is scheduling posts to Instagram without having to trigger them on my phone! The beautiful posts appear on Instagram (and my other social media accounts) when scheduled - even if I'm busy doing something else. I also like the ability to RE-post things from years ago. Because of this, Buffer is a huge time saver for social media (and my sanity!!)

Cons

Re-posting isn't easy. and somewhat frowned upon - even though re-posts are from past years. And posting a video is a little cumbersome, but it still works!

Mukul C.

The tool to make your social media posting hassle-free!

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

Pros

1. I have been using buffer since years now and me being traveling many times and busy with work schedule, it becomes tedious and a headache task to maintain all my social media posting, buffer makes my work easy when i can schedule my weeklong social plan easily in one day.
2. Buffer app is too good but their team is more awesome, whenever i get stuck somewhere there's almost quick support from these guys.
3. Once getting used to, very convenient and pretty quick to use app.

Cons

1. Recurrent "Unknown Error" issues where posts are not scheduled properly which becomes a hastle in itself.
2. Tagging is nearly imppossible which i think is crucial element in our today's social media posting.
3. Posting to instagram is limited to once per day.

Response from Buffer

Hi, Mukul, thank you for your review and feedback.

1. I'm so sorry about inconvenience caused by the "Unknown Error" issues. If they are still occurring, may I trouble you to reach out to our support team? Keen to resolve them for you.

2. I agree with you that tagging is crucial in today's social media posting. It's possible to @-mention on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram now, and I believe we are keen to expand on that when the social media platforms allow. Thanks for your patience.

3. To post more than once per day to Instagram, would you be up for adjusting your posting schedule? Here's a quick guide for that: https://faq.buffer.com/article/281-publish-posting-schedule

Thanks for your help, Mukul.

-Alfred

Top of The Line SMM Service

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

I have used a multitude of platforms for social media in the past and buffer had proven itself to be more effective for social media marketing and has better value.

Pros

Buffer has everything you need to run an effective social media marketing company/campaign. Unlike other companies there are very little to no bugs, the cost is very affordable, and there is a wide array of social media platforms to use. Scheduled posting makes it easy to post in advance. One unique feature that other companies don't have is the "buffer this" feature. This allows you to share, schedule, and copy any image you see while browsing the internet. Makes for great immediate posting if you see an interesting article or image.

Cons

It would be great to see more social media platforms added like Pinterest. Also hashtag recommendations would be a great addition and very useful to speed up the process.

Response from Buffer

Hi, there, thank you for your kind review. You might be pleased to know that you can connect your Pinterest account to Buffer! Here's a bit more information: https://buffer.com/pinterest.

And great suggestion about hashtag recommendations. I can see how that'll be helpful and would personally love to be able to use that, too. Thank you for the suggestion. -Alfred

My preferred social media management tool.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

This is the social media mgmt software I use and recommend to clients. It makes managing multiple social media accounts and sharing with audiences super easy, without being complicated to operate.

Compared to similar tools, it has an easier user interface - so, it's easy to connect your preferred social platforms, easy to schedule/publish posts for specific times and attach images or links, and easy to manage or re-arrange your queue of schedule posts. Then, when you login to your social accounts, you can focus more on interacting with followers. If you do come across something you'd like to share, it's easy to click the Buffer icon and add it to your queue.

It works with pretty much all the social media platforms you'll need - Twitter, Facebook (pages and groups), Insta, Linkedin, Google+, and Pinterest. They've been improving their integration with Instagram, which was much needed.

The analytics can be as simple or as detailed as you like, letting you keep track of how your content is doing and how followers are interacting with it.

There's a free plan that lets you do quite a lot, but if you're going to get serious about managing your social content and tracking its success, go ahead and upgrade; it's worth it.

Cons

There's not much I don't like. As I mentioned, they've been making regular improvements to Instagram. I can't comment on the quality of their customer service as I've never needed to use it.

Crysti C.

Great Social Media Scheduler, Needs UI Improvements

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

I am able to schedule our client's social media posts quickly, and add 'filler content', retweets and tweet responses to pre-determined queues. It keeps all of our client's social media active and also engaging.

Pros

What I love most about Buffer is that they're constantly improving. They find ways to update their software and are always seeking ways to be more compliant yet at the same time, cutting edge.

Cons

I really dislike the UI very much. As part of my job, I need to test different software suites to see what makes sense. We manage 50 different social media channels, and having them all populate at the same time when I'm getting ready to schedule a single post is visually cluttered. However, Buffer recently introduced the ability to create groups of networks, so that a group can be selected instead of having to scroll through them all.

Flavio A.

Great way to schedule and manage social accounts

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

Buffer allows me and my team members to manage and collaborate on social media content management and scheduling. Highly recommended for any teams, big or small.

Pros

Buffer is extremely easy to use and allows me to post content to multiple accounts at the same time. Each individual account can have its own schedule as well, so you can stagger posts on different channels. Just set and forget.

Once I've added posts to my accounts, the list view allows me to drag and drop to easily shift the position of specific posts in the schedule, while the calendar view gives me an overarching look at all the planned content. I'd like recommend Buffer as a social content management tool.

Cons

Not a big deal, but it would be great to get a preview on the most basic types of posts (link only for example) on channels like Twitter to be able visualize how the Open Graph components are going to be displayed before posting. This type of preview is automatically generated on channels like Facebook.

Response from Buffer

Hi, Flavio, thank you for your review and suggestion! I love the idea of getting a preview, and I believe it's something the team has been thinking about, too. Thanks for the validation. -Alfred

Michele H.

Social Media Automated

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

I've had a great experience with Buffer. Even if Buffer has tech issues they let their customers and community know about it. Their content marketing is great too. The rep and team being transparent makes doing business with Buffer a better option than competitors.

Pros

I've been using Buffer for almost 4 years. I've tried several other scheduling options but always return to Buffer. There are several reasons: 1) ease of use 2) the ability to post to 10 social media accounts 3) integration with Quuu and 4) integration with BulkBuffer. All of this has made Buffer a win win for me.

Cons

I'd like to automate posting into Facebook groups again and LinkedIn Company Pages.

Mandeep S.

Very easy to use social media program

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Buffer has helped us streamline our social media efforts and helped us save time while also getting more results from our social media marketing efforts. Using multiple accounts and platforms used to be a very time consuming process but It’s been incredibly easy after using buffer to create one post and simply tweak it for each platform and schedule for posting at a later time and date.

Pros

Buffer is very easy to use and effective. It’s powerful without any of the bloat of other programs and does exactly what you need it to. Post across any of the major social networks and some of the less popular ones as needed after a simple login. Schedule everything you need for as far into the future as you want. It really is very simple. Just create one post for all the social networks and tweak it right in buffer so It’s tailored for each individual audience whether it’s LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Very easy to use and highly recommended.

Cons

It isn’t quite as powerful and feature rich as some of the competitors, but that’s the beauty of it. It does exactly what the majority of users will need it for, and it does it very well. Overall I have no real complaints or cons for Buffer. If you’re looking for an effective social media marketing tool it will get the job done.

Huong T.

Best social media calendar at an affordable price

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

It was a great experience when we have less than 10 brands to manage. We definitely recommend small businesses and small teams to consider Buffer as it's simple and very affordable with basic use.

Pros

It's super easy and simple to use and to train in your team member. The drag-n-drop function is at ease to use, and the ability to send the same message over multiple platforms has saved us tons of times. The whole calendar is very straightforward (mentions, hashtags, word limits, time,..), exactly like posting on your own social media, but 4 at once within one click. The UX/UI design is also really great, we love seeing the empty spots on our calendar so we could fill in with best contents!

Cons

We have more than one brand to manage and each brand have about 4,5 social media accounts, so that really adds up on the bill! Also, for the price (that we have so many accounts), buffer doesn't go in-depth enough. Their analytic is a bit too simple, maybe suggesting us which post to recycles and best time to schedule?

Response from Buffer

Thanks so much for the kind review, Huong! I appreciate your feedback about our analytics, too. We are currently working on a social media analytics tool with more analytics features (in case you're curious): https://buffer.com/analyze. -Alfred

Kevin L.

Buffer is great for Social Media Posting

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/02

We've been using Buffer for years, and it's helped us manage social listening where we can pick up on negative comments/reviews quickly. There's a lot of tools out there already that do scheduling and that do social listening, but what's great about Buffer is that it does both. It's a handy tool and great for any company.

Pros

Buffer's an excellent tool for startups when it comes to managing social media profiles. The scheduling feature is perfect for Instagram, and that's the tool that we use the most. Buffer schedules for all major social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, but still looking for Linkedin Integration, which I believe is on the roadmap for 2019. Buffer's UX/UI is dead simple, which makes navigating and posting a breeze. The engagement feature of replying and social listening makes Buffer a tool that's versatile for a brand that has multiple accounts and a lot of activity -- especially a use case like a restaurant or clothing brand where customers are prone to write negative reviews. Social listening on Buffer helps brands manage negative comments and reply to customers to win them back. Would highly recommend Buffer to any startup/company that is looking for a 360 view on their social media.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about Buffer. It's a great tool for social media management.

Response from Buffer

Thanks for the awesome review, Kevin! In case it's helpful to know, we do have a LinkedIn integration now. Here's how to connect your LinkedIn Company Page: https://faq.buffer.com/article/447-publish-connect-linkedin-page (Let me know if I might have misunderstood your comment!) Thanks. -Alfred

Simple and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

I use Buffer to schedule and plan all of my social media content. I have a business account and I like being able to create drafts and work on posts together with teammates.

Pros

I love buffer! I have been using for several years now - and have taken it from one job to another. I think it is so simple, easy to use and really offers anything that a small business needs for social media management at an affordable price. It works perfectly for my needs and I love that you are now about to use with instagram.

Cons

This software definitely would not be sufficient for someone who gets a lot of engagement on social media because replies are not really managed through this platform. But our engagement is relatively low and is easily manageable without needing it in this tool.

Response from Buffer

Hi, there! Thank you for the kind review! I hear you about the management of engagement on social media. We now have a social media engagement tool. Buffer Reply, which we aim to integrate into the Buffer platform in the future. When you need a tool to manage your engagement, feel free to check it out here: https://buffer.com/reply/. Thanks!

Jake N.

Buffer Makes Social Media Simple

Reviewed on 2018/09/23

I've saved plenty of time by using Buffer to create different variations for social media platforms.

Pros

I use Buffer on a daily basis and love everything about it.

I can quickly whip up a post using Adobe Photoshop and then upload it into Buffer. Then, with Buffer, I can create some long-form copy for Facebook and Instagram. I'm easily able to add my hashtags to my Instagram post and keep them out of my Facebook post. I'm also able to put together some short-form copy suitable for Twitter and then upload this post to all three social media networks.

It's quite simple, really, but Buffer does everything I need and makes my life a lot easier.

Cons

Buffer has recently added the ability to tag other Facebook pages while making your post in Buffer, which is great. However, this isn't a perfect solution just yet. I've found that it is a little buggy and slow, but I'm sure with updates it will be fixed going forward!

Response from Buffer

Thanks for the awesome review and confidence in us, Jake! It's also helpful to hear how you use Buffer. -Alfred