WorkflowMax Reviews

WorkflowMax

Xero owned financial project management software for SMBs

Jeff
Jeff
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Great Product for Quoting / Job tracking / Timesheeting

Reviewed on 2016/03/15

My team have been using WFM for around 4 years now. It took quite a while to harness the full potential of the App, and really we needed 5+ people before it really took off.

With 15+ people now using the app to manage weekly quotes, jobs, timesheets, and invoicing, it is a massive timesaver for our company.

Pros

Great timesheeting / job tracking and quote generation abilities

Cons

interface took 2+ years to be updated. The iOS app is still very basic and doesnt allow me to check or add quotes on the go.

Our most recommended Workflow management app

Reviewed on 2016/05/04

In our role as cloud app integrators and implementation experts, WorkflowMax is an essential app in Link Solutions' toolkit. We recommend it over and above any other workflow management app, and use it daily within our own business.

The depth of features is significant and can be easily adapted to suit most business processes. The flow from lead management right through delivery and then to invoicing saves countless hours of administration and can deliver significant improvements to service delivery.

Being a Xero company, the integration with Xero is understandably robust and extensive, and other useful add-on integrations are available. For example, at Link, we use Zendesk to manage our support tickets, and we're able to track our time in Zendesk and have this flow through to WorkflowMax timesheets with associated notes for reporting and billing.

Put simply, we think WorkflowMax is a great system that offers exceptional value for money.

Pros

* Flexible and extensive feature set that can manage most business processes

* General ease of use - while there are some traps for beginners, these are understable given the depth of features available

* It's a Xero company, and benefits from the association in terms of a strong integration, customer support standards, and ongoing development

* Pricing is excellent and suits a range of businesses from small operators through to large enterprises

* Significant job and task templating abilities allow multiple activity streams to be systematised within one application

* Powerful reporting engine with the ability to extend with custom reports

Cons

* Retentions and variations can be difficult to manage for construction companies

* Inventory management is non-existent, which while understandable in a workflow management app does limit use for service-based firms that also provide product

* The mobile app could do with further extensions to the range of features available

* If you are looking for a fully featured CRM that you need to integrate with a email marketing system (like Mailchimp) you may need to use a standalone app

Yara
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Archaic and limited

Reviewed on 2022/03/27

As the title suggests, it's an archaic program. There was no real "flow" to anything you did within Workflow Max and although it integrated ok with Xero, even that was limited. The Gantt charts were terrible, you had to click on numerous things to get to where you wanted to go within a project, the custom reporting was a nightmare and the tasks and milestones were difficult to set up and super limited.

Pros

It was cheap and integrated ok with Xero

Cons

Not very user friendly, not very customizable, customer service was slow,

Ryan
  • Industry: Warehousing

WorkflowMax

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

We have used workflowmax for years with the integration to Xero accounting software. The software has been reliable and the added mobile upgrades have increased our insight from out of the office.

Pros

The software doesn't have too many features. I had just the right things that were needed for our internal staff to create basic tickets, projects and invoices for our clients. Straight forward and simple.

Cons

I think the software could gain a lot with a better landing page or dashboard for users. Especially Managers and the Billing side to watch the status of the jobs easier.

ProjectTeam.com

Reasons for Choosing WorkflowMax

Business was going in another direction and the features of our last provider were no longer needed.

Great product, such a timesaver

Reviewed on 2014/08/11

As the director of Threerooms, a graphic design agency in Nottingham, UK - I was watching my company struggle to grow because the admin demands were becoming overwhelming. We used to have job bags and job sheets, keep the record of time spent on paper — thats just seem like a historic way of doing things.

But since we implemented WorkflowMax, it’s been smooth sailing. We use WorkflowMax to manage all of our projects from the start to the finish. The great thing about WorkflowMax is that everything is integrated into one package. I can deal with the quoting part of the process, through to actually managing of the project, managing time, budgets and then move through to purchase orders and invoices -- everything in one system.

Because everything is integrated in one system, I can convert a quote into a live job by just pressing one button. When the job is complete — we can just turn it into an invoice, again just at a click of a button, and then seamlessly pushes the invoice into our accounting software Xero.

The integration with Xero is just brilliant really. Being able to just seamlessly push sales and supplier invoices straight out of workflowmax into xero is excellent. It gives us a great overall solution for the business. Together, WorkflowMax & Xero must have saved us thousands and thousands of pounds.

As a business owner, there is so much to think about — I think WorkflowMax has really given me the ability to hand over some of those responsibilities to my staff. They can use WorkflowMax to manage the project independently without any input from myself. Its given me time to work on the business rather than in the business, which is what every sort of manager really wants.

Good UI, however bad support

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

Pros

I liked that you can time your projects.

Cons

The support is not very good, I reported multiple bugs to the support team, however the response was that they will not fix the problem (the problem is that the timer sometimes records incorrect times). Another problem is that when searching for projects to time under, it only displays the first ten jobs (if you have more to select from, it simply won't display these, therefore you cannot time those particular jobs).

Workflow max review

Reviewed on 2022/04/08

Great, would recommend

Great, would recommend

Pros

Ease of use day to day, product updates regularly

Cons

The report Centre can be difficult to access as in building reports

Integrates perfectly with Xero but oh so Expensive

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Pros

Since Xero bought them out they have had a great product that integrates seamlessly with Xero. Reall does do just about everything for your project management and Customer Relationship management.

Cons

The cost of this software on top of a Xero subscription is too much, particularly if you want something as simple as recurring invoicing.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Excellent for Small to Medium business without IT support

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Excellent if you have small, stable staff numbers and no permanent on top IT support.

If you're...

If you're quite tech savvy, it could probably be achieved a bit cheaper.

Pros

Both the desktop version and the app are easy to use and laid out for keeping the majority happy.

Integrations are a must these days and the accounting data flow is most desirable to small business and their often long-suffering accounts.

Cons

The pricing structure "per user " is a big turn off for me, particularly for project-based tools, this is due to the massive flux in numbers of users over a short period. It can get costly to get all your project contractors accessing project documents.

Kyle
Kyle

Accurate intelligence and time saving

Reviewed on 2015/03/12

We are using WFM as the hub for our business - a central point for all our job related information. The key saving for us is the ability to create a quote accurately which then turns into a job with tasks and costs. The tasks can be quickly assigned to a staff member and costs can quickly be organised using purchase orders. Staff can also self-manage their productivity as they can see the billable vs non billable time.

The change to WFM & Xero has halved our accounts admin time – a saving of approximately 10 hours per week! This has allowed us to focus this time into marketing and business development – further amplifying the savings. Moving to cloud based job and accounting software has given our staff more flexibility in where they work – no need to be at the office now.

Pros

Customer support team is fast to answer questions

Cons

More features and customisation in the reports to make them present better would be good

Kenneth Jhim
  • Industry: Accounting

Now Xero Practice Manager - the de facto project management software for your Xero client

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Despite the interface being "crowded", the software is still good at what it does. It helps you manage clients well. If you have an accounting practice, especially in New Zealand, you will realize the benefits that it provides in terms of tax filing for your clients.

Pros

WorkflowMax (now XPM) provides most of the project management's functionality that you need in for your Xero client. From adding the client in Xero, assigning jobs to staff, budgeting hours, etc. It has all your needs.

Cons

The software's interface is a bit crowded. There's a lot going on at each screen. It really takes time to master the software. What I find also confusing is that you can add returns for individuals under the company account where they are owners or shareholders.

Mark
  • Industry: Accounting

WorkflowMax provides an excellent platform for a business wanting to do time cost recording.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

WorkflowMax has excellent reporting and export functions which allows for production of meaningful management reporting. Client profitability is easy to calculate and more importantly, the productivity of team members. An excellent overall reporting system.

Cons

Navigating from one client to another can be cumbersome. Also, unless the different levels of jobs, tasks, and activities are set up properly, this can result of reports which provide incorrect information. In comparison to CCH iFirm, I think WorkflowMax have a few edits to perform to bring this up to standard

Nathan

Pretty good overall, but just didn't work for my business

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Pros

I liked the overall workflow of the software, including the quoting/pricing modules. They were pretty flawless and helped me make sense of a pricing system on the fly. Also, there is the intergration with Xero, which is the platform I use for accounting.

Cons

I wasn't a fan of how WorflowMax's calendar system worked. I also wanted a task system with Kanban style layout, and that just isn't in there..

Katrin
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Brilliant project management system

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Pros

It's a great piece of project management software, easy to use, seamless workflow, very user friendly, great tutorial videos, works well with Xero!

Cons

Not much to add, it's pretty straightforward system and easy to use. Definitely would suggest taking time to watch the tutorials to get the best of it!

Phillip

Easy to use project task timing online software

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Easy to use time tracking for billable workdevelopment .

Easy to use time tracking for billable workdevelopment .

Pros

I love how easy it is to start timing a job/task for billable time tracking.
The website is fast to load and use with a great UI.

Cons

There are a few bugs in the timing feature where you try to stop timing, however it loses your total time at times.

Dealdiane

Good for time tracking

Reviewed on 2019/01/19

Pros

Integration with Xero is great. Timing your work is easy as well although finding your work item could be better

Cons

"Remember me" option when logging in would be a welcome addition. Saving drafts could be improved as sometimes you lose them

Joss
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Easiest way to keep track of multiple jobs

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Great, easy to piece of software that makes my job a lot easier

Great, easy to piece of software that makes my job a lot easier

Pros

All data in one place for each job, making it easy to break down information for clients
Not complicated
Can be used for so many parts of a job

Cons

Getting my head round some of the accountant figures that appear (My lack of knowledge, not the softwares issue)

Irene

At the end of each day, I go into WorkflowMax and put in my time and it's just so easy to use....

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Pros

The quick 1-2-3 of putting my time in and the job I did. At the end of the week, I just click one button and the whole week is recorded. So easy.

Cons

I don't see any cons at the present time. Everything seems to be pretty well covered. The only thing I think I would like to see changed is, after saving your time for the day, you, personally cannot go in and make a change. You have to have your HR change it.

Doug
  • Industry: Defense & Space

For the money probably the best option out there for production and distribution.

Reviewed on 2017/09/05

Scheduling an organization for manufacturing. The quote process has been made easier and standardized. Ability to keep everything in one location.

Pros

Easy to navigate, fulfilled all of our needs for the company as far as manufacturing, scheduling, easy to assign two different employees four tasks. Integrates with our current CRM. For the price I believe it's the best quoting software and Manufacturing distribution and organization software out there.

Cons

Not easily customizable. Very time-consuming to set up. And customer service was below average. The video tutorials don't go into depth as far as instructing on customizable features example importing and using customizable quotes.

Andrew
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Poor Service

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

Average

Average

Pros

Nothing Particularly excites me about this software

Cons

The support is terrible, reports are clunky at times and you need to pay extra to unlock half decent reports

Todd

User and Implementation Provider

Reviewed on 2016/05/04

We use WorkflowMax (WFM) to manage our consulting business. WFM is a comprehensive system that allows us to manage leads from initial engagement through to project quotes and estimates. All information is then transferable to our jobs allowing us to capture time against tasks, manage our time frames and account for related project costs. With all information flowing from initial input we benefit from significant efficiency with not having to double enter information. We also integrate with Google Drive for document storage and Xero for financial accounting which means between WFM and Xero we get great visibility regarding job and financial reporting. Highly recommend this product as it is usable for many different industries and has great flexibility when it comes to customisation. We now offer implementation services for WFM which we would not do if we did not believe in the product.

Luke
Luke
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Bitter Sweet

Reviewed on 2015/08/17

We've been using WFM for as long as I can remember and it's come a long way. It has many small features you would not think of till you need them, its fantastic in that way. But lacks in usability, project time management and planning.

Pros

Pricing flexibility by client or team member. Good Xero intergration.

Cons

No planning tools. Like a simple gantt chart to plan out a day or week for team members.

Loreto
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Excellent Software!

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

Pros

Aside from it is very easy to use, what I like about this software is the accuracy of its report. The software has excellent functionalities, we like that we can estimate the project cost so easily.

Cons

So far I do not see any major concerns. I just lost my data when we had down internet connection, but not a big deal!!! So far the software is good.!

Jillian
Jillian

Outstanding Workflowmax!

Reviewed on 2015/02/23

I am a director of a PR firm which has a range of financial and rural company clients. I have almost been with Workflowmax from its formation - before Xero acquired the business! Workflowmax is a very easy product to use and has continued to innovate and add more features with ease. Despite being part of a big company it still operates like a small one - whenever you email them to ask a question they respond right away. I would highly recommend any PR consultancy or consultancy based business to consider using Workflowmax.

Pros

Workflowmax is very easy to use. Their helpdesk is awesome, and always friendly. The layout of the invoices is really clean and tidy.

Cons

There are none with this product.

• Used for 1-5 months

Tasking time on projects made easy

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Pros

WorkflowMax is very easy to use. You can add projects, devote tasks/time to your work, and easily gather reports. If you have a small business and you aren't wanting to pay money for a robust set of software than WorkflowMax is a very good option. You can produce invoices in a matter of a couple minutes.

Cons

If you want a more robust method of tracking time than the competitors may be where you'll want to start looking. You aren't looking at integrating your passwords, links, and documentation with this software. This is essentially maximizing the time allocated for a project and billing a client. Our corporation needed a much more diverse network, so we went with a competitor.