Orange Leap Reviews

Orange Leap

Web-based constituent relationship management system

4.1/5 (25 reviews)
Jeff A.

Great support for a very customization and reliable service!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Orange Leap On Demand is a vast, customizable and reliable platform. We especially love the Rapid Gift Entry feature, Import Wizard and also the ability to create and schedule emailed custom reports.

Support is fast and stellar when needed.

Pros

The ability to schedule and email custom reports

Cons

My only dings in the ratings were over the lack of ease in editing custom receipts. But I know they are working on that and have even seen a preview of the new implementation. Also, it takes a time to learn but that's mostly because of how much it can do.
Current inability to modify custom receipts easily. Also, lack of user interfaces supports for other languages.

Brenda S.

My Orange Leap Experience

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

On the whole, I like Orange Leap. I'm a bit frustrated right now with the reports aspect. We have had GREAT difficulty in trying to run reports. I don't know if the issue is in our IT Department, with the web browser we are trying to use... or just where the problem lies. It is frustrating, to say the least, but we will continue to work on the issue. The support we receive from everyone is fantastic!! Our rep has saved us on numerous occasions, especially with running reports.

Pros

The portability! I can access it anywhere, even from my phone!

Cons

REPORTS - We are having hair pulling, screaming fits trying to get information.

Response from Orange Leap

Brenda,

Thank you for your review of Orange Leap. I am so sorry to hear you all are struggling with your reports. We usually get high marks for our reporting wizard, so we will work hard to help you get to the bottom of this problem.

Thank you again for your partnership with Orange Leap!

Randy McCabe

Joel S.

Excellent Overall Software

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Orange Leap on Demand (OLOD) has honestly been an excellent product for us, in almost all respects. No software is perfect, but the company strives to makes the user experience as rich and as usable as possible. They also have an excellent support team, and they make it easy to work on issues, much easier than other software companies I've dealt with. I'd fully recommend it to anyone considering a donor software management tool.

Pros

It's user friendliness, ease of administration, and the ability to get rapid support when necessary.

Cons

I wish it had a richer reporting package, one that could actually create nice user reports. For the most part we only use its data extraction capabilities and design our own reports offline.

Michelle C.

KSI Satisfaction Review

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We have been very happy with our decision to move to Orange Leap. It is much easier to use than other systems we have used in the past. The only thing we would change would be to make the reporting feature a little easier to navigate.

Pros

Ease of use for the majority of the program.

Cons

Reporting is a little more difficult to learn, especially if you don't know exactly what you want to gather. It has very specific parameters and the way it is set up can be a little confusing.

Larry H.

Very happy!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We have a long history with this company as a former user of MPX who recently upgraded to the online system. The conversion was smooth and the new system exceeds our expectations.

Pros

The cloud server is more reliable than our in-house server with easier access to our information.

Bethany G.

Overall positive experience

Reviewed on 2014/05/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like that the database is customizable; we are able to make changes to the database that make it work better for us.
I love the people at Orange Leap. They have been very friendly and always try to be as helpful as possible. It is obvious that they try very hard to please their customers.

Cons

Sometimes, getting things changed seems to take a good amount of time and can cost a good amount of money.

Sometimes, we have to pay for changes to be made in The Guru, and I am not sure why we are having to even suggest these changes, much less have been asked to pay for them, as many of them seem like they should have been there in the first place.

Accessing the data externally has been relatively cumbersome and sometimes impossible. This has been disappointing, as we were promised this capability when we signed up with Orange Leap.

Lonnie B.

Orange Leap On Demand

Reviewed on 2017/01/13

Longer than expected learning curve. Some of the reports are difficult to produce and are not easily readable after printing.

Pros

Record keeping capability

Cons

Some of the reporting features are difficult to learn and use.

David M.

Great Features, quite a learning curve

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/01

Pros

Organe leap has so many features and useful elements to it for keeping track of donations. It also has some integration with other well used softwares so thats a huge plus!

Cons

Not being familiar with this kind of software before this I found it quite confusing. I spent some time conference calling with some of their team though and they helped answer questions for our team but it seemed just a little overly complicated

5.0/10
Nicole V.

Great Product! Great Value!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

The Orange Leap software is great! We recently switched to OL from another Orange Leap product and have found this new software to be more robust and easier to use than our old software. We have been able to become more efficient in our gift and donor management by using Orange Leap.

Pros

More robust offers additional information such as the ability to use the dashboard to quickly and easily obtain donor information (I.e. number of donors by state, daily dollars, the number of donations by project) and easier report writing capabilities.

Jana D.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

OLOD has provided us with an affordable option for a more customized CRM software. The complexity of the implementation was more than what we expected but the OLOD team guided us through every step. Several times, they had to create a solution to a specific request and they were able to accommodate all our software needs.

Pros

My favorite features are the search functions and the report scheduling options.

Cons

The report guru is not as user friendly as the rest of the software interface.

David C.

Orange Leap Review!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Orange Leap has been a good experience for our non-profit. They've created numerous unique solutions to needs of ours during the implementation plan and have a good support staff. I would recommend them to most organizations in need of a DMS/CRM.

Pros

Built for the web. Nimble. Can handle soft gifts and hard gifts. Donor profiles and tags (aka business rules).

Cons

No ability to load photos into profiles. Too many fields on profiles - would be really nice to turn off unused fields and hide them. Sometimes is a little slow.

Jessica P.

Donor Services Coordinator

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It seems fairly easy to navigate. After only using it for about a month, I've been able to pick up on using the program fairly quickly. It's not hard to understand.

Cons

When deleting back months, you are not able to delete each month that you want at a time. You have to delete each month individually.

Amanda A.

Newer user, good experience.

Reviewed on 2014/08/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love that everything (at least the functions that I need to use) is set out in a pretty straightforward way.

Cons

I don't like that I often have to navigate to a handful of different pages before I can get to what I need.

Michelle B.

Still a relatively new user

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like that there are multiple ways to look up donor's records.

Cons

When running reports, the systems tends to be extremely slow for the operators working within the system.

Joy T.

Database for donors in a non profit org

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

You can save a lot of information and have it organization in to different fields.

Cons

Occasionally, the database will be very sluggish, or certain aspects won't work properly.

Kristina T.

Reviewed on 2014/08/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It is easy to use and has the ability to hold an extensive amount of details about a donor.

Cons

At times, when there is high usage, it can be slow.

Rachel W.

Reviewed on 2014/08/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It puts everything in once place and is easy to navigate.

Cons

Processing times are sluggish, and the site crashes altogether at times.

Victoria L.

I don't use it much, but it gets the job done

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's easy to search for what I need.

Cons

Some days, Orange Leap runs slow, but I think that has to do with our internet connection rather than with the vendor.

Kraig C.

Organized and easy to use

Reviewed on 2014/08/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The server is reliable, and reporting is easy.

Cons

Some pages are click-heavy. I wish there was a mobile app. That would be wonderful.

April V.

Reviewed on 2014/08/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Overall, it's a great system.

Cons

Sometimes, when reports are running, it slows the system way down, making it hard to be productive.

Adam G.

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

Orange Leap has been a tremendous help to us in not only being a CRM repository system but rather being a tool in helping us build relationships with donors and potential donors.

Kent H.

Orange Leap - Great to work and partner with

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Orange Leap has been a MarketPlace partner of ours for several years. Definitely a great solution and great company to work with.

Pros

Great functionality for the price

Wendy A.

Less Than Impressed

Reviewed on 2014/08/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I have the ability to capture all the information about our giving partners in one place.

Cons

My biggest issue is the inconsistency of being able to access and report the data in the system. There's also a delay in response to our technical support issues.

2.0/10
Joseph O.

excellent

Reviewed on 2013/12/08

very good, let us get started

Amie D.

OL Review from daily user

Reviewed on 2014/08/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the ability to customize what our organization needs.

Cons

I'm not able to pick up the phone and speak to someone or get immediate help with problems.