Curve Dental Reviews

Cri
Cri

The Best Customer Support in the Biz

Reviewed on 2013/03/19

I have yet to see a dental software that has all of the functions that we would like, but Curve is by far the closest to nirvana. We also feel that the web based nature of the program positions curve well for future functionality and industry growth. The bottom line is that any downsides to the software are small in proportion to the upsides.

Pros

The software is absolutely beautiful and is well setup for fabulous treatment plan presentations. The software can be accessed from anywhere so when I'm a passenger on the way home, I'm often online via a mobile hotspot updating notes or sending out a claims batch. Since the entire program is web based we don't have to worry about managing a server which cuts down substantially on downtime and IT costs. Gendex x-ray imaging integration is quite good, allowing for direct import of images without a bridge. Curve's customer service is truly the best that I have seen with any software company ever. If there is an issue, Curve will resolve it, usually immediately.

Cons

Some of the twain integration is a bit clumsy at the moment, primarily with intra oral pics. Curve is working on a new release however which should alleviate these issues. There are some additional functions that we would like to see with billing, but these are in line with challenges we've faced with other softwares.

Ashley

Cloud Based Dental Software

Reviewed on 2021/02/27

The system is very intuitive and easy to learn. I appreciate that it was a fairly seamless transition from our prior system.

Pros

Working out of two offices, it is imperative that we have a cloud based system that allows us to access the same patient information in both places.

Cons

Many of the things I originally did not like about the software have been amended. Curve is good with customer service and open to suggestion so we have been able to customize certain things to facilitate our daily use.

Amy
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Frustrated. Not user friendly.

Reviewed on 2022/04/21

From a front desk and accounting standpoint, this is not the system to choose if you want something that is clear, concise and easily understood. It is confusing for patients, difficult for staff to navigate, and the whole process has been quite frustrating. Also, we got excellent phone support before we purchased. Curve customer service and the people who were assigned to our account were super easy to reach, and very supportive. After we purchased, though, it is a whole different matter. We are never allowed to be given a direct phone number to a supervisor or manager. We have asked for additional training, and have been told that 'nobody ever asked for that before' and that it simply was not an option. If I had to do it all over again, I would not consider Curve.

Pros

It is a dental software. I do not have much more to say that is positive.

Cons

There are many, many features that are simply not available in Curve, from coding and charting issues to the way we run our AR and other financial reports. The support we receive from Curve is minimal, and most times does not help us fix the situation at hand.

Dentrix Ascend

Reasons for Choosing Curve Dental

We opened a second practice last year, so we needed something cloud based.

Dentrix

Reasons for Switching to Curve Dental

I was not involved in that decision.

Response from Curve Dental

Thank you for your feedback. We offer a toll-free number that we answer in under two minutes which will be much faster than calling a supervisor or manager. If the support person cannot answer your question, they will involve their manager to resolve the issue.

We also offer additional training options. A response for more training is directed to our implementation team to schedule the training. We also offer articles, training videos, and more available in Curve Community which you can access at any time.

You can also forward your contact information to us so we can connect with you directly.

Colleen
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Easy Transition

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

Overall - this is a GREAT system. Easy to transition and train. You can literally have any report in the world you want and customize patient communication. From a data perspective, fabulous. From a security perspective, fabulous - ditch the daily backups and ransomware scares. If someone steals a computer - they get nothing. If the office burns to the ground - you can call patients from any computer anywhere and reschedule them at a temporary office. Patient data is safe.

Pros

What I like best about Curve is the smooth transition to the cloud from an in-house server. I am especially fond of the Curve Capture which pulls twain devices in with ease. The system is so easy to use that it requires very little training for new employees. The support team is always ready to help and never makes the employees feel like they are dumb for asking a question. They also answer quickly, so you don't have to wait hours or days for a call-back.

Cons

I would like to see some improvements in the document cabinet. It doesn't feel as organized as I would like and often, when pulling from other software, the naming convention is not what you would want. We spent some time on clean up and it wasn't too terrible.

Amber

Curve is a great product

Reviewed on 2022/09/06

Pros

Very easy to learn this software and has great support.

Cons

Upgrades seem to occur over night with little to no communication with the dental office. Some advance notice to gather staff input and or ideas before hand would be great so they feel impowered by the changes and growth of the program.

Response from Curve Dental

Would you be willing to discuss your concerns in greater detail?

Desiree

Best Dental Software I ever used!

Reviewed on 2022/09/15

I have had nothing but pleasant experience. I use it everyday and never have any issues.

Pros

The seamlessness and ease of this software makes life so easy. I love that when an issue does occur customer service is readily responsive and always have a solution.

Cons

Nothing, it has everything we need to run a successful practice!

Sharon

Cloud Based Dental Software with Superb Support

Reviewed on 2022/09/20

We love that CurveHero is cloud based. It always updates itself. We never have to buy additional updates.

Pros

The support. I can call any time of day and the team will walk me through whatever problem I am facing. Always extremely helpful.

Cons

It was difficult to adjust to some of the billing changes.

Shannon

Customer Service is Slow if you have Billing Questions

Reviewed on 2023/02/06

I've realized cost savings with Curve but they still have some kinks to work out. If you aren't from the USA, definitely keep an eye on your billing and make sure you aren't being billed in US dollars and CALL IN new credit card numbers.

Pros

Cost is reasonable which was a big one for me, setup is easy and it's easy for staff to learn how to use Curve.

Cons

It's impossible to reach the billing department. If you call (and it's not a product demo or purchase) you get directed to leave a voicemail and in my experience I didn't get a response for 24 hours (but suddenly did after saying I'd be writing about my experience on social media). If you update your credit card online, you are automatically charged in US dollars. Apparently, Canadians are supposed to read some small print somewhere that says "Canadians must call to update expired credit card numbers". I missed the small print and was paying in US dollars for months before noticing the fee was up $200/month with the exchange. I find it hard to believe that a software developer cannot come up with a better solution where there are different ikons to click for customers of different countries to update their credit card number. It takes so long to get through to the billing department that calling is definitely an annoying issue. Curve needs more folder functionality; if you see patients for several years you end up with a long list of letters for anything you scan in such as insurance responses, estimates you have provided, patient medical history, etc. It really adds up after a few years and becomes difficult to locate amongst hundreds of letters. Also when your internet server goes down or Curve goes down you are in trouble because you have no way of seeing your notes or the medical history of your patients.

Marlissa

Decent program few little bugs mostly great

Reviewed on 2022/09/12

Pros

there are plenty of useful parts too Curve i do find the way families are linked isn't the best you should be able to do a notes that go into all familes if it pertains to them. There should be an option just like Pop up bt all family

Cons

the lack of family unity also when i reach out for help there is a lot of we are working on it replies. I don't see things always worked out.

Response from Curve Dental

We'd love to help. Would you be willing to speak in detail about your concerns? Thanks.

Jennifer

Good product but room for improvement

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

Pros

Cloud access at home makes it easy to check on patients and work remotely. Sleek design and simplistic design makes the main features easy to use.

Cons

Making reports can be confusing, some very standard/simple reports not available. Many tweaks and issues that we were told were being worked on havent been resolved in 2.5 years.

Ruxandra

Modern, intuitive, functional, always available anywhere

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

It's our day to day dental office operations software and we use it for everything. It sends letters and reminder emails and texts and it schedules Patients. It records everything related to treatment, x-rays, pictures, notes, charting, perio charting and is our way taking care of our Patients and our office. It replaced old Dentrix and Demandforce for us

Pros

It looks like a software that was designed today, as opposed to most dental software that looks like Windows 95! It is clean, easy to use, functional and it actually makes sense. Very helpful in day to day dental office operations, simple interface with everything you need right in front of you. Always available everywhere you can open a Chrome browser.

Cons

You have to change your mind set if you are used with other clunky software, this one is really easy to use. It's hard to believe things are so easy to do at the beginning. Recently they updated the user roles and permissions and they are confusing now. Also the transition from Dentrix was smooth, got the x-rays and pictures but it didn't transfer the files, we had to copy those manually as Patients had appointments. It's a one time thing but it's worth it

Vicki

Not user friendly

This program has ALOT of disadvantages & is not user friendly

This program has ALOT of disadvantages & is not user friendly

Pros

sending forms to pts is really easy with Curve. Using Gro for sending pts text msgs is easy to use.

Cons

There are ALOT of features missing that could provide improvements. I have made many suggestions over the last 2 yrs but have yet to see any implemented. It does not make logical sense to be able to have a debit & a credit on the same account at the same time. I really struggled with this when 1st trying to learn Curve. I then learned it & could read it. My most recent dislike is the new changes in billing. It is very difficult to read. Please make changes optional.

Response from Curve Dental

We're interested in having a further conversation about your concerns. Would you be willing to talk with us?

Amy

Great Cloud-based Dental Software

Reviewed on 2016/12/13

We purchased five standing offices. Each had a different dental software. We needed a product that would enable us to view all five schedules remotely, and Curve has been terrific. It has changed how we look at schedules and increased our efficiency and flexibility. All employees can check their upcoming day from the comfort of their own homes.
Training on the software is very good, and customer support is very responsive. Curve is always evolving, and the staff welcomes any and all suggestions.
Most features are very useful, and, once one knows how to maneuver, they make sense and are easy to use.
We plan to continue using Curve, and I have already recommended it to other dental offices.

Pros

I love being able to access all five office schedules at any time from any place where I have my laptop.

Cons

Most issues I have had have been MY user issues! I would LOVE to see a "daily diary" with chores like auto/property carriers use to remind adjusters of tasks. When I want to reschedule a cancellation or missed appt, I can't mark it appropriately AND put it in the queue as a quick reminder to call the patient. I know I can run a report, but I'd love to be able to use the queue as a daily diary as well.

Response from Curve Dental

Amy! Wow, your comments are much appreciated. I've copied your suggestions into a message to our development team--they are great! As you noted, when it comes to multiple locations Curve Dental can make your job much easier. With all the data at your fingertips in real time, that's gotta be helpful for a team member in your position. Good Neighbor Dental is an awesome organization. Best wishes!

Elwood

Can be used anywhere.

Reviewed on 2022/04/19

I started my practice with Curve Dental and sure there have been issues but overall, they have been a benefit to the running of the practice. I have had staff say it is the easiest software to use.

Pros

I like the fact that it is cloud based so can be accessed anywhere you have internet and Chrome and is automatically backed up. Tech support are very helpful.

Cons

I do not like the charting as it is very basic and you can not tell the difference in material of restorations. Getting reports can be a challenge and often takes tech support to get what is needed.

Tracker and Eaglesoft

Reasons for Switching to Curve Dental

It was cloud based.
Keric

Happy Curve User!

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

The customer support team at Curve Dental is AMAZING!!! They are there any time you need a hand and will jump thru hoops to get the job done.

Pros

It is extremely customizable. It is amazing how much great information you can get from the custom reports.

Cons

The fact that it is so customizable is a pro and a con. You can create any type of report you can imagine, using hundreds of different parameters. BUT you need to figure out what reports to run on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.

Marilyn

We are very happy with our first year on Curve!

Reviewed on 2017/06/13

It saves me so much time during my work day compared to other computer programs I have used in the past!

Pros

It is so easy to learn and to use! When new employees are hired, it is so easy to show them how to use the system. I use community to find answers to any questions I have and usually can figure out how to do anything! I love how easy it is to customize reports to get the information that I need. We like that the claims go out at various times during the day...it seems like the turn around time for payments is alot faster. We love the ability to customize the sidekick to be able to see what is really important to us at a glance and to have these changes show up right away....instead of having to wait for weeks while a computer guru makes the suggested changes!! It is wonderful.

Cons

I wish that the account credits would show up in our total accounts receivable amount for 60-90, 120 day totals.

Response from Curve Dental

Wow, a 5-star review! Thank you, Marilyn, for your feedback. The Sidekick is definitely our secret sauce--it sure does make you more productive by helping you access information faster. We've made note of your wish and will be evaluating. Thanks again!

Shannon

For multiple offices, Curve makes this a dream!

Reviewed on 2017/06/13

Ease of use having multiple offices. Quick notes are a huge benefit as well as macros for tx planning

Pros

Curve allows us to work at multiple offices and see changes instantly. We can have multiple tabs open per user being able to click back in forth between different screens.

Cons

Quality of xrays, we have to use a second software in order for our xrays to do measurements and print with quality for our referring offices. Quick meds is a huge issue for us. We are a surgical office and need to have multiple scripts available, we have to wait 5+ minutes in order to print one script (we usually print 4-5 per pt) after this slows down curve and we have to reload. We print script all day long.

Response from Curve Dental

Hi, Shannon! Thank you for your positive review. As you noted, practices with multiple locations are much more productive on the cloud with Curve Dental. We'll reach out to you to see if we can improve image quality and explore the Rx issues that you mentioned. Also note that measurements is one of our current projects. Thanks again and best wishes!

Monique
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Curve is behind the curve ball

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

Pros

The ease of which one can email a receipt to a patient.
Ease of scheduling.
The playbook dashboards

Cons

1.User are unable to make a correction in billing all at once. Right now with each correction it closes and then the user has to open it to correct the next line.
2.Route slip are unavailable. Would be nice even if just online with no printing.
3. The ability to print one visit of a treatment plan does not exist. The user needs to move the treatment to another plan if they wish to just print it alone and then move it back.
4. Unable to integrate with a third party collection agency so they real time data is not available.
5. Fee guides cannot be updated as claims are paid per an individual patients plan.
6. I would love for the ledger to have an option to have a line by line view (just like it would show in an account book) as opposed to clicking each visit to see what was done on that day.

Tracey

Curve Hero is the best, flexible software a practice can have!

Reviewed on 2017/06/19

It's easy to use. I can log in from anywhere if needed. The team continues to improve and update the software features which keeps us on the cutting edge of dentistry.

Pros

The flexibility it offers to the providers! Having it be web based, allows providers the ease of logging in anytime and anywhere, no longer being stuck at the office to finish work.

Cons

It would be nice to have the capability to write a note on the patient statement. There's space to have it. ( Example: your monthly payment is $ )

Response from Curve Dental

A 5-star review from you, Tracey, is well earned and much appreciated! As you point out, data accessibility is a huge advantage over older dental software. Being able to work when and where you wish adds to job satisfaction since Curve Dental molds itself around your lifestyle and work style. Thank you for the comment about notes on a patient statement; we're aware of that one and it is certainly on our list of improvements. Hope all is well with you and your practice and hope to see you at the next Orange Summit!

Kelvin

A Hopeful Future

Reviewed on 2022/09/06

Pros

The software is very modern and sleek. It is much better than serve based programs, and the stability is much better. Also, not having to worry about a server has been great. Treatment planning on it is great and most aspects for clinicians is great. While not perfect, the constant updates are great.

Cons

The details is where this software needs to improve. There is a lack of true Dental Practice Management. There are some pie graphs and bar graphs, but the metrics are useless because they don't really link to anything and the whole interface is a bit confusing. I think Curve can really make a difference by integrating information that a program like Dental Intel provides.

Other aspects of the program still seems like work in progress. I wish there was more support for Fee for Service offices.

Also, please allow iPads to have full access to the site instead of the watered down mobile version. Or release an iPad app!

Odette

Curve Dental

Reviewed on 2022/09/06

Curve has been very easy to learn. Great experience!

Curve has been very easy to learn. Great experience!

Pros

Curve dental is very user friendly, easy to learn to use different features.

Cons

The imaging features are very limited. Hopefully they make improvements.

Yaerin

Suggestions

Reviewed on 2022/09/15

Pros

Easy to use and train.
Cloud base software.

Cons

1. cannot see the date we put the treatment plan in
2. cannot be synced with many other dental-related softwares
3. Easy Fill option not available yet

Myhuong

Accounting errors constantly

Reviewed on 2022/09/12

Average

Average

Pros

User friendly . Easy to click and see things

Cons

Accounting part /billing - errors with overpayment deposits credits

Response from Curve Dental

We'd love to talk with you further about your billing concerns. Would you be willing to speak with us? Thanks.

Eric

Easy to navigate

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

Great software, will continue to use for all existing and new practices and will recommend to colleagues as well.

Pros

User friendly software with high functionality

Cons

Insurance and billing applicability to Canadian users

Faith

Almost always perfect.

Reviewed on 2017/06/13

Easy to use. Easy to train on. Quick replies when help is needed. Curve community is so beneficial!

Pros

Any time I have questions I get them answered right away and if the representative doesn't know it they take the time to find out the answer and get back to me right away. Also its VERY user friendly and teaching others to use the software is super easy.

Cons

Sometimes it goes slower than I'd like but that's also probably our internet. I wish there were ways to customize the treatment plan wording and to include a signature line. I also wish that a feature would be added to notate if deductibles have been met for patients or if the maximum was used by all services or only some.

Response from Curve Dental

Holy 5-star review, Faith! Thank you for your comments. User friendliness is important to any practice when looking for dental software as it makes the transition so much easier. We'll reach out to you about your treatment plan comments. Thanks again!