Denticon Reviews

Denticon

Write a Review!
All-in-one, cloud-based practice management solution

4.5/5
4.6/5
4.6/5
4.5/5

Virginia

Denticon (Planet DDS)

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

This software program for my dental practice has been foundational for keeping the patient records and financial records straightforward. The clinical notes section has more detail options than I presently use. The scheduling section is extremely helpful for tracking, planning and can be easily customized. Denticon webinars have been very helpful for explaining new and deeper aspects to the software. I have not had to hire 'trainers' like other dental practice software companies provide: Everything is available through the help portal. I'm very satisfied.

Pros

Very helpful staff for bringing existing patient records onto this platform. Great Help portal.

Cons

I wish there were more videos to help explain how 'deep' some of the functions of the software go, so I know how much more I'm not using.

Tsolair

Denticon review

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

It has been such a blessing being able to use this cloud based software, which has allowed me to access data remotely.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to work remotely, excellent customer service

Cons

Transitioning from old software to new software

Ben
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Very disappointed

Reviewed on 2021/11/10

Very disappointing, in a nut shell Denticon over promised and under delivered. I'm looking at other options.

Pros

We have two offices and the ability to jump between offices with click has been great.
Being able see patients between the two offices and have on chart that will record at both offices has been very nice.

Cons

Our experience with support has been terrible.
We are almost 3 months in to this and e-statements are still not working.
We have on going problems with the x-rays.
The cost is less than other software system but the expense of extra hours spent trying to correct all the problems we are having is mounting. Also we are getting paid by insurance companies because e-claims are working but e-statement are not so patients are not getting their bills and we are not getting paid.

kristina

Faithful to Denticon

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

It’s been great

It’s been great

Pros

The ease of use. I was one of the beta users in the early days, and when I felt something needed changing, we would call and the staff at Denticon. Would make the adjustments.

Cons

The cost increases. It’s too bad that early adopters aren’t grandfathered in to a fixed price. This would also encourage dentists to stay with you, because if they left, they would lose their price.

Edna

To everyone I meet

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

We target a certain daily weekly and monthly production and it helps so much to know our numbers so we know what to market to referring offices, and where we can improve

Pros

I talk about denticon to every single dentist I meet. Unsolicited advice for sure but I cannot praise it enough. It makes the clinical aspect but more importantly the business aspect so darn easy! I love how easy it is to use and stay on top of our daily weekly and monthly goals

Cons

Learning curve at the beginning was a bit rough but their onboarding team was incredible

Orest

Solo practice startup with Denticon

Reviewed on 2015/11/20

Cloud based, no servers necessary other than a Network Attached Storage (NAS) drive for my xrays which cost $250. The software is designed for enterprise/large/multiple office practices, therefore it is supremely over engineered for a standard 1-3 doc practice. Denticon is like Dentrix but in the cloud. Denticon has also been around for over 10 years and is a solid company.
Things I like:
1. Scheduler shows procedures for the appointment and includes the tooth/surface, unlike other PMS
2. Quick batch entry of EOBs and payments
3. Integrates with Lighthouse 360 well
4. Copies of xrays taken in the office are copied to the cloud via Dentiray, I can view xrays remotely on my iPhone or at home, no need to remote in to my office
5. Denticon does not break: there is never a software update gone bad to worry about, there is never a hardware issue, if there is an internet problem Denticon mirrors your data at multiple data centers across the US
6. Virtual Business Services aka outsourced insurance and aging support: To check and verify/enter insurance plans there is a button on the appointment that sends the patient's insurance info to a Denticon agent in the US who then will verify and enter all the necessary insurance info into the patient file. No one offers that.
7. Realtime eligibility: A button you press in the patient's file that connects with the insurance carrier and gives you an immediate eligibility and benefits remaining report
8. Built in time clock for staff. No other cloud PMS that I looked at offers this.
9. Easy to add new users, new locations/practices

Since new ownership software updates have been more frequent but sometimes buggy. Denticon does not have the same grassroots user base interaction/support that is inherent in systems like Dentrix, Open Dental or Eaglesoft because their market penetration is geared towards multiple office/DSO customers.

Ashkan

It does not need to be complicated!

Reviewed on 2016/08/13

I have been using this software for the last 7 years and I wish I knew about it sooner in my career. I spent many hours prior to switching to Denticon worrying about my back up mechanism and paying for updates. I like the fact that all updates are automatic and that I have a say in what I want the software to do for my practice.

Pros

In could service.... No worries about backup. Accessible from anywhere that internet is available.

Cons

3rd party companies do not integrate into Denticon as readily as some other major names on the market. It can be done, but it takes a bit of time usually. Most third party companies write their software for major brand names.

Sarah

Great All-Around Software, Constantly Improving

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

We've been using Denticon since 2007 after switching from Kodak Practice Works. We've been very happy with the existing features, as well as the new features that have been introduced over time. We've been able to remove routing slips and paper charts from our day-to-day practice with this software. We've also been able to seamlessly integrate our digital x-ray software and our payment processing, as well as our electronic claims submission. When we have experienced issues interacting with the software, the PlanetDDS team is always quick to respond. We've also offered a few feature suggestions over the years, and all of them have been implemented. Overall, we're very pleased with the software, and would recommend it to any dental practice.

Sindy
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Our Experience with Denticon

Reviewed on 2023/04/24

Overall experience has been more than amazing. Great product. My favorite has been the continue support from the Denticon Team.

Pros

The ability to be able to structure and help support the needs of our Operations Team with our Corporate Level Team.

Cons

More Denticon Training for the Doctors when it come to x-rays.

Bevin

Easy access from anywhere

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

Pros

We can access it from anywhere which makes our lives much easier. No need for worry about servers

Cons

We currently don’t have any e-marketing available in our area for automated emails and texts which is a huge disadvantage and we have had to look at other softwares to meet those needs but there is just no way we want to run 2 softwares. We would very much like if Dentigram was available in our area as we would be happy to pay for it

Dr.

Best cloud software on the market

Reviewed on 2017/02/11

I've used Curve, Eaglesoft, Dentrix, Open Dental, and researched and almost switched to Debtrix Ascend.
Denticon is the least "Beta" of all the cloud/web based softwares. Don't be fooled by the archaic GUI interface, it definitely has more of the nuts and bolts of what is needed for managing the data needs of a dental office.
I give a 4 out of 5 stars because it still needs some improvement. Training on how to get the most out of the software could be improved. I think they should provide a weekend course for all office managers/staff in order to ensure that users are using it properly and getting the most out of it.
They are making improvements continuously which is great!

Pros

Web Based.

Cons

Sometimes slow server on there end. No as intuitive as I would hope. Some significant features can overlooked easily. Wish we had more one on one training rather than just videos on there help portal. User guide should be more up to date.

Liz

Denticon is wonderful

Reviewed on 2017/01/11

Denticon is a wonderful secure online dental program. We completely appreciate that we have full access to our patient's records at all times from any place. The ease of the program and the constant upgrading of the site that is provided is so beneficial. Denticon has the best customer service and they are always welcoming to our suggestions and opinions.

Pros

The flows and eases of the program. The constant upgrading and that they listen to their customer's thoughts and suggestions.

Cons

The slowness of speed can be frustrating at times along with the delay (waiting for Denticon to respond)

Lisa

Denticon is a fantastic product! Very satisfied customer!

Reviewed on 2017/01/11

Very user friendly, easy for new staff to learn with the integrated knowledge base and training videos- accommodates different learning styles. We are a growing mobile dental company with over 70 offices and Denticon fits our needs to a "T" with the many schedules and reports we run daily, monthly and yearly. The customer service, support and sales departments are always friendly and willing to go that extra mile to help. We have grown and gone through changes over the last 6 years and I couldn't imaging using a different vendor! Happy with the continued upgrades as well!

Pros

user friendly, regular upgrades

Christina

Denticon Software

Reviewed on 2020/06/05

Overall experience with Denticon have been mostly positive. They are continually adding new features to aid in ease of use.

Pros

I like the fact that it is web-based so I can easily access patient chart from home whenever I need to. Very helpful for after hours emergency calls.

Cons

There used to be an option to call support with any questions. Now, you need to put a ticket in through their help portal and they will email you back.

Katti

Big Bang for your Buck!

Reviewed on 2020/03/14

Pros

Over the past 8 years of use, Denticon has been easy maneuver. The Automatic recall reminder has made a huge difference as it saves time and has cut down on missed appointments. Charting is a breeze. The cost is extremely reasonable for all its capabilities.

Cons

It would be handy if the Trading partner - Dental Xchange was more easily accessible directly through Denticon- perhaps a drop down option?

Joy

The ONLY multi-office software needed!

Reviewed on 2017/01/13

As our company continues to grow, so does the need for our practice management software. Luckily, the developers at PlanetDDS understand this and are more than willing to accommodate our personal requests to have the software "work" for us. Better communication, better features, more bells and whistles each time they release a new version. Way to stay ahead of the average competition!

Pros

Accessed anywhere in the world! Multiple locations!

Cons

Needing to click on the "refresh" button to update our schedule.

Robert

Denticon review

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

Major problem solved was the ability to handle a patient question ,view history, or look at an x-ray after hours from home or wherever I am at a computer.

Pros

I like having the server online. I can access from anywhere, home , phone etc. Also there are no backups needed as it is done by the company.

Cons

Texting capeabilities and group communication with patient base.

Lisa
  • Used for 2+ years

Awesome software for public health dentistry

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

So glad we found this company. We have been using it since the beginning and have never regretted it.

Pros

Easy to use. Great instruction at the beginning to get you started. Awesome support system to help along the way and/or fix problems. Very receptive to suggestions for improvements. We have over 65 locations where we practice and as long as we have internet service, we have the service available. We also took advantage of using their partner in billing. Worth every penny and we get paid so much quicker. The management reports and daily production reports that can be produced as very helpful, as well.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time. Every con in the past has eventually been addressed by the company.

Sandra

Great Dental software

Reviewed on 2020/06/05

Denticon provides excellent on the cloud technology for our dental office.

Denticon provides excellent on the cloud technology for our dental office.

Pros

I love that denticon offered our practice, a practice management software that offered on the cloud access.

Cons

What I like the least is that I have to submit concerns via internet

Kody

Denticon is simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Denticon is how we keep track of all of our patients and make sure that we don't leave out anyone.

Pros

Denticon has a very user friendly interface which makes it easy to keep track of all of our patients and what they need.

Cons

A lot of the upgrades to the software cost extra, it would be nice to package it all together in one

Scott
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Easy to use but powerful cloud-based dental software

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Pros

Access from anywhere. Easy to use. Multiple office use is a bonus. Saves all patients information without backups.

Cons

Cost for marketing features should be included, with the cost of the basic software. I understand that anything not automated should have an additional fee.

Scott
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

I have been using Denticon for over 9 years and have not planned to change.

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

Schedule and billing

Schedule and billing

Pros

Cloud based software allows me to be able to access software from different locations and offices. I like the mobile app to check my schedule.

Cons

Toggling back and forth to scheduler and Xdr can have glitches. Such as restorative chart dropping off.

Trisha
  • Used for 2+ years

Dental

Reviewed on 2017/07/07

Pros

The ease of use is great! Customer service is also great and response is given in a timely manner. The constant updates work very well in our office and make the software easier and easier to utilize. The training videos are extremely helpful and should we need more assistance, customer service is there and very efficient. The reports are laid out good and include all the information needed when reviewing.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a way to update and close a claim in a patient's chart with the press of 1 button instead of having to update and then go back in to the claim and close it.

Yuri

Not Worth the money

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

after using it for over 10 years they tippled our monthly fees

after using it for over 10 years they tippled our monthly fees

Pros

online was something new 10-11 years ago

Cons

some features are not functioning. over the years a lot of promises and nothing was delivered

Ronald

Dental office software

Reviewed on 2020/06/01

Pros

Well organized, easy to use, very comprehensive.

Cons

Not very cost effective for a small practice. No adjustment for minimal usage during covid shutdown.