Dovetail

Industry: Information Technology & Services

The BEST software out there

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/08

The staff members at Dovetail are exceptional, the service is the best!

Pros

- User experience and intuitive software compared to Curve Dental or Dentrix
- Mobile on all devices
- Fast and responsive

Cons

- Doesn't have custom reporting but this feature will be launched in September 2019.

Response from Dovetail

Thanks for the review! You are correct, we now have custom reporting now built in.

Emile F.

Very impressive EHR / PM solution. I really love this product

Reviewed on 2016/11/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The product is really easy to use , from creating clinical exams to the custom progress notes. All of the features are available on any mobile tablet.
Looks amazing too.

Pros

The treatment is like no ther i've seen. You just select the procedure and the teeth and insurance codes and fees automatically appear.

Ilan H.

Dr. Ilan Hecht DDS

Reviewed on 2016/11/08

Great tool to digitalise the Medical chart, the learning curve was fast, the software is very intuitive and easy to use. Excellent costumer service with fast responses to doubts and open to feedbacks for improvements.

Richard P.

An easy software to use

Reviewed on 2013/11/21

The software isn't complicated, has the features it promotes and is way cheaper than similar products. I'm still learning all the little features, but overall it's a good software.
It can by installed on mobile devices or directly in the browser which is nice too.

Ann L.

Great system. User friendly

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2017/08/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We researched this software while looking to upgrade our software. It had many features that we liked, but lacked too many things we as a small office used regularly.

Pros

I found this system to be very user friendly. Very intuitive and easy to learn. It seemed good for a small practice that wants to go paperless.

Cons

This system could use more on the management end. Unable to track employee time, or vacation/sick days. I also found it a bit lacking in being able to run reports. Although going paperless seems ideal, this software was not very forgiving if you were trying to accomplish this in small steps.

Response from Dovetail

Hi Ann, thanks for your review! Our punch clock feature does allow for employee time tracking! Please reach out to our support team and we would be happy to show you how.

Chris B.

True Cloud Based Practice Management

Reviewed on 2018/02/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The support team is great! We highly recommend anyone looking for a true Cloud solution to take the time to go through a demo and ask why Dovetail over other PMS!

Pros

The support team is terrific and very willing to take recommendations for improvement and additional feature requests. Best part is their ability to immediately implement in the current version of the software!

Response from Dovetail

Thanks for the review, Chris! We're always happy to help with recommendations and feature requests.

Haytham S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Easy to use, Reliable, Features full, and affordable

Reviewed on 2021/01/08

coming from another cloud software, dovetail surprised me with the number of fully developed features and their ability to respond to our adoption hiccups immediately. That level of "listening" and "jumping in" to help with our problem continued after we were boarded on.

Pros

awesome customer support from onboarding and throughout.

Cons

Treatment planning/ charting a little different than what I am used to.

Robert L.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

I would recommend

Reviewed on 2020/12/19

This is my daily software that I use to see my patients. Its an amazing software that allows me to be in touch with my patients at my finger tips while Im on the go. When my hygienist told me her dad was feeling some sensitivity on upper right quad I was able to pull up his xrays right there and then to see and review the xrays.

Pros

Cloud based.
Easy to access schedule and patients on my phone.

Cons

Minor things that will be fixed in updates if not already.

Donna F.
Industry: Medical Practice

Chandwani Dental Office Manager.

Reviewed on 2016/11/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

As the Office Manager at Chandwani Dental LLC, I would like to say how impressed I am with Dovetail. I like how the Apex portal allows me to view the status of a claim in full detail, check patient eligibility, remaining benefits and deductibles all from the patient's file without having to log into another website. These factors are not only a convenience but they help to improve the proficiency of my work. I am also impressed with the media tab and how it allows me to view and/or add attachments such as PDF files, pictures, and CT scans to the patient's file. All of these features are user friendly and easy to navigate. Thanks to Dovetail's improvement and modern technology, the efficiency of our office work at Chandwani Dental is greatly enhanced.

Troy G.
Industry: Medical Practice

The team at Dovetai really l get it!

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/02/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The business of dentistry and the practice of dentistry is becoming increasingly software driven. Dovetail is a very forward thinking company that offers practical affordable solutions for the modern dental offfice.

Pros

The software is intuitive and so easy to use. It is designed for a mobile platform which is very different from the “you can use it on a tablet” that most of the other available software solutions offer. It seems as though the people at Dovetail thought of everything. Dovetail has crafted a product with the user experience in mind. It’s a great software not just for the doctor and staff but also from the patient perspective. The integration with other technologies makes it not just easy but fun to use.

Cons

With any product there is a learning curve. But having said that I would say there is probably more of a (un)learning curve than an actual learning curve. You can’t carry over old habits formed with previous practice management software.

Barry R.
Industry: Medical Practice

Building a relationship with dovetail

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

Healthy , growing and useful towards continued partnering towards streamlined revenue generation

Pros

The task of patient rebooking made easier

Cons

Platform matching to our specific cultural niche environment proved challenging

Bassam M.

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

I love it.

Pros

Easy to use, excellent customer service and support, high speed. and their services are excellent very reasonable fees.

Cons

N/A, actually there is nothing to complain about with Dovetail, I recommend it to all my friends. Thumbs up.

Response from Dovetail

Thanks for the review Bassam!