Eyefinity OfficeMate

3,7
3,9
Rebekah R.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great software for your practice!!

Reviewed on 2019/02/23

It saves us so much time and paperwork!!!

Pros

We like almost everything about this software. It is easy to book appointments, print receipts, create orders, bill insurance, etc. It is also integrated with VSP which makes billing those claims a breeze as well as with Weave which is great for our patient communications. There are so many awesome qualities to this software and as long as you fully use all that it has to offer, you will not be disappointed in purchasing it!

Cons

If there was one thing that I like the least about it, it's that sometimes the VSP claims don't go through to the lab the first time. It doesn't happen very often but we think that it is an Officemate glitch. Other than that, no issues to report!

Nick F.
Industry: Medical Practice

Easy to use, smooth functionality, updates and customer services could be better

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall it's a very good Optometric EHR. Our office has been using it for 5+ years and have been happy for the most part.

Pros

It's very easy to navigate through the medical charts and product orders in OfficeMate. It functions very efficiently and allows me to chart quickly and accurately while still interacting with patients.

Cons

Updates don't happen automatically. They have to be done manually and there are quite a few throughout the year. Their customer service is great for easier issues, but some tougher to solve issues require knowledge of the system that many of their representatives struggle with. This is also not a cloud based system, so you must keep a server on site.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Nathan S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Our office has been using OfficeMate for almost 10 years, so obviously it is usable and will get the job done. It is lacking in several areas, and we are constantly looking for something else, but it is JUST GOOD ENOUGH to keep us from going through the headache of switching... Technical support is not good. Our IT staff has shown them how to fix certain issues on numerous occasions.

Pros

The OfficeMate user interface is clean and organized and relatively easy to learn for new users.

Cons

Crashes and lags quite a bit, especially for something being used for critical patient data. The Reports selection leaves a lot to be desired, and the reports it WILL run have to be manually cleaned up and organized considerably.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Paul W.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

A system that has been around for a long time. Easy to use and fields are common sense placement.

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Able to perform all the daily functions of the optical with exception of inventory maintenance. If that ever gets corrected, it will be an unsurpassed program for offices.

Pros

Simple layout. The system is designed for ease of use and does not take much training to have someone new step up and use it. Processing orders or patient information is seamless. The ability to glance at previous work is a benefit.

Cons

inability to fix inventory issues. There is nothing from office mate that can correct an input error. Something that should be as easy as a line of code and should be a known bug can not still be a flaw after many years. unfortunately, it is.

Overall I feel like the OfficeMate product is a pretty good product.

Reviewed on 2017/12/29

It helps us to run our office on a daily basis.

Pros

I love that it is super easy to enter in new patients and pull up information about their recent visits. Also having the ability to link family members to each other makes it super easy when making appointments for multiple people in a family.

Cons

The constant updates and little glitches that the updates are supposed to fix seem never ending. Most are simple little things that do not deter you from being able to complete your job and do it well, but can sometimes be an annoyance.

Elise B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

User friendly patient management system that meets all your basic needs and then some.

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

Great Customer Service (with Maintenance Agreement)
Easy to Navigate
Great Database for tutorials and training
Paired with ExamWriter, it makes billing and coding fool proof

Cons

After each new update there are lots of bugs that need to be worked out, these bugs take quite some time to get sorted.
Updates have to be done manually on each workstation
Expensive if you want to use their cloud service, otherwise you're stuck with keeping a server on site

Jessica M.

Could use Improvements

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Pros

The scheduler is set up to view clearly and being able to add icons to pts appt slots (ex: Hearing Impaired pts) Being able to print pt documents from their ledger is quick and convenient

Cons

The amount of errors we get on a daily basis makes it hard to get pts in and out of the office in a timely manor. How many times the program will freeze up and kick us off. The amount of updates that we have to do to keep up with the program.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Lexie I.
Industry: Medical Practice

The downfall of bargain shopping EHR systems

Reviewed on 2018/10/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The cost is about 1/4 that of cloud system softwares. The software provides a place for prescriptions and systematic review of systems.

Cons

There isn’t a cloud system. The system isn’t very user friendly and system crashes aren’t quick fixes. The health records and recall systems are completely seperate programs rather than one uniform system.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Ashley S.
Industry: Medical Practice

While working with OfficeMate, I had a great experience. Everything was easily accessible.

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Pros

The layout of the demographic page for the page had all options there. I was able to look up glasses, balances, and insurances all in one screen.

Cons

The only con I ever had with the program was the complexity to find certain items. I had to click on several tabs to get to certain items in the program.

Melanie T.

User friendly

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

The software is good for first time EHR users and works well for the price.

Pros

The thing that I like the most about this software was how easy it is to use and navigate through. Especially for first time EHR users.

Cons

What I like the least about the software were the many times the software didn’t run or froze after logging in.

Shari S.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2018/02/19

Pros

This product allows our office to see patient demographic and exam information all in one place without having to log in to multiple programs when speaking to a patient.

Cons

When there are issues that need extra help the 1st tier customer service doesn't generally know anymore than I do how to fix it and I have to wait for them to expedite it up to 2nd tier in order to get an answer. Issues happen rarely but when they do it has to go to the 2nd tier every time.

Mark J.
Industry: Medical Practice

Nightmare: Software is full of bugs

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

Well, it does function, although poorly. It is certified. Aside from that, it is a source of frustration.

Pros

Cost: The software is fairly inexpensive. Other than that, there is little that I can say about this software that would be considered a "Pro" for this software over others on the market.

Cons

Moving from screen to screen to enter data is very cumbersome. The software is very "buggy". Press "ENTER" after entering data and it's not uncommon for the software to go into a loop or to come up with an error message and then you lose the data you just put in.

Customer support is not good, but getting better than it was. The biggest problem is that nothing is ever their fault. You weren't doing something right or your computers aren't up to date. In our case, we replaced our computers so that they well exceeded minimum specifications, and bugs were still present.

Optometry is a second career for me. I was a computer programmer before going to Optometry school. So trust me when I say their issues aren't user-related. The software was NOT designed for Optometry from the ground up. It was a software system designed for medical doctors and then modified to "work" for Optometry. So the people at Eyefinity often don't know what to do to make the software work, because they didn't write the initial programs.

AVOID THIS PRODUCT AT ALL COSTS.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Taylor P.

Busy optometry practice

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

We all love the software for our office. It makes Daily issues more manageable.

Pros

I love the convince of being able to submit vsp claims to the lab. The communication between all employees on this software makes finding pts so much easier.

Cons

The updates always need fixed once we get them. We only have a few issues when trying to update our systems when new products launch.

Lynn S.

Great program if you don't mind working around their fixes.

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

This software connects the front and the clinic so that information is easily shared by everyone in the office

Cons

Seems to be very glitchy. The fixes sometimes cause issues in other parts of the programming and the customer support you reach usually knows less about how to fix it than I do and I have to be called back later so that they can escalate it and move it up to 2nd tier help.

Rene G.

One of the most complex software ever.

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

n/a

Pros

The only good thing about this software is Customer support is excellent. They have a great team of caring individuals who know the product is bad.

Cons

Options selected in one screen do not translate across the software but need to be re-selected. Data that relates to an entry in the software does not fill in for all areas of the software for that entry where it is required but you need to re-type it in to all areas to be effective. Reporting has a toggle built in to correct known reporting errors instead of fixing the errors this includes errors associated with financial transactions. They build in "work-arounds" for known financial transaction errors instead of fixing the error. The software does not have a simple build reporting to pull from any part of the database but has multiple options canned in that you don't need while others you need are missing. Instead of being able to create a custom report from any part of the database you have to play around with the canned report options that might be limited to data you're not looking for.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Tish G.

LOVE IT!

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

Everything, it works together seamlessly to bring our office together so we are not chasing after each other for diagnosis' and prescription information.

Cons

Customer Service department could use some Chick-fil-a training for sure. They do not always have an answer and are quick to pass the buck.

Amy P.

Could learn from Revolution EHR

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

The only value of OfficeMate is that we are not using paper charts.

Pros

Not a whole lot, it has a lot of room for improvement.

Cons

There are too many things to list. The report availability is not great. The inventory control is too much work. I could go on for days.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Jennifer K.

I work in a Officemate daily. In the past year I have become quite efficient.

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Pros

I love the demographics in regards to the patients. So many details you can record which becomes quite helpful if you are runny a specific query. The reports are good, easy to find and print. The permissions are great.

Cons

I am frustrated that I cannot go to patients from the schedule...I have to X out of schedule and open patients then X out of patients to get to schedule.

Paul T.

Good scheduling software

Reviewed on 2019/01/13

The combination of Officemate and Weave has been good. We're able to organize a day of appointments and reach out to them when necessary. It's good quality.

Pros

This software is good for scheduling appointments. We have 2 office computers and the program links up well between the 2. Combined with a program called Weave, this works well for our office. Data entry is easy, pretty user friendly.

Cons

Very basic program. Dont expect it to do anything more for you. Schedules people and that's it. It's not a 1 solution solves all problems type of program.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Cila S.

Working With Officemate

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

The exam writer was easy to perform. Like how that is easy to find and search codes

Cons

I do not like how hard it is to set up Officemate. You feel like you have to do so much for something so easy.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Julie K.
Industry: Medical Practice

Very cumbersome for users.

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Not much to say there.

Pros

Nothing in particular but there are too many steps to do anything. Poor tutorials for new users. It just isn't user friendly

Cons

Customer support needs improvement. Most of the time when calling support the person states it's a come tuning problem and we will put a ticket in to resolve. They never do.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Amber K.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Pros

Everything is pretty self explanatory, easy to navigate.. easy for new employees to learn how to use

Cons

There is an update at least once a week

Occasionally frustrating, but overall a decent experience.

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

We can schedule patients and claim jobs easier.

Pros

It's partnered with VSP, so a lot of the info you need to see patients and make claims is already there for you. The UI is OK too.

Cons

Buggy, crashes often, uses a lot of RAM. Needs to be updated constantly. Database size can get kind of hard to manage.

Daniel H.
Industry: Medical Practice

Most dishonest company I've ever dealt with!

Reviewed on 2018/02/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

few things to say excite its expensive and tech support is trash. I like the calendar function. That all

Cons

I've use office mate for 8 years and been a very loyal customer. I wanted to host a office mate in the cloud. I am very disappointed in their dishonesty. I originally asked for the ability to keep my officemate and exam writer and to be able to go in the cloud. Their staff member did not inform me that a server hosting option existed and just offered me your new program. I feel cheated out for a poor training and was mislead. The poor mismanaged and incomplete training was not worth. I was told if I paid the training it was at no risk, because I would receive an Amazon card in return. I felt I had nothing to lose. I guess I was wrong. I hope you reconsider.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Cory N.
Industry: Medical Practice

Simple system to adhere with a growing practice

Reviewed on 2018/03/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Awesome program for the price. Keeps up with the high demand of our growing practice. Highly recommend to any practice looking for a simple, but effective solution.

Pros

Easy to learn, teach and use. Simple point and click features. Accurate data. Unparalleled customer support.

Cons

Setting up took a little time, but well worth it. Customer service was there every step of the way.