PubWorks Reviews

4.1/5 (14 reviews)
David M.

Very positive

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

We know and can compare costs of projects. Track fleet maintenance and prepare budget projections.

Pros

Flexible, allows us to track projects, fleet equipment and service requests. With the crew supervisor's entering the project data we are able to reconcile payroll with out time clock and payroll generated by the clerk's office. We pull odometer reading from our fuel system into the fleet module to prompt vehicle service etc.

Cons

I don't have a good answer because we are not using it near it's capability. I would like to be able to clear all data after 5-years. We are not a history museum, and only want to keep records the statutorily mandated time.,

Response from Tracker Software

Hi David,
I brought up your issue with our support team, and I just heard back that they worked out a solution for you.

Since you've been a customer since 2006, it's no wonder that you'd like to keep your old data hidden. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please let us know if you are satisfied with the solution they created for you. Contact them anytime at [email protected] Thank you, David, for your continued business with PubWorks, we value you as a customer.
-Ellen Winter

Melinda M.

Easy and quick to assimilate

Reviewed on 2017/10/23

A more professional appearnace to our public with the reporting mechanisms.

Pros

The ease of entering data and extracting reports. The ability to attached photos and invoices to daily reports. The ability of the public to submit their concerns and complaints through our website.

Cons

Updating the mapping component. Maps change every year and I have to call and get them updated. I would also like a component that would allow me to enter every time I work on one of our facilities.

J kensey R.

The support has made a big difference in giving a good experience.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

Very intuitive, easy to learn. Flexible enough to use for indirect purposes not originally programmed, such as permit tracking.

Cons

The desktop version spoiled us, so when the mobile version came out with limited capacity, it disappointed us, though we still use it.

Laurie V.

I can't say enough about PubWorks. Reports are at the click of a button now!

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

Pros

How easy it is to get a report and how many different reports are in the software. It's so simple to use, if you can read, you can generate a report for yourself. If I can't figure something out, the Help Desk is so easy to get in contact with. If you put in a help request, within the hour you will hear back.

Jeff G.

It is a great product that really advanced our record keeping.

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Pros

We are able to create reports in a matter of seconds. Our old system took much longer to develop any kind of information into a report.

Alan S.

The program does most of what we need. It would be easy to make it do everything we need it to do.

Reviewed on 2017/10/27

Pros

It is organized well and fairly easy to learn. I like that you can open multiple forms and look up information in those while entering in daily activities....

Cons

The reporting could be better, and it would be nice if it were easier to export just fields you want into a spreadsheet or CSV.

Mauro B.

Provides a solid foundation for the various functions a public works agency would require data on.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

Windows based. Easy to use. Reports are extensive. Used this greatly during Super Storm Sandy for FEMA reporting.

Melody L.

use daily to track cost of projects done on county roads and bridges.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

What I like most about his software is the ease of use of this program, once it is set up. The reports that can be run.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it locks up and shuts down occasionally.

Adam F.

We implemented PubWorks to help track expenditures on small highway maintenance projects.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/10/24

All of my job costing data is quickly accessible in one location.

Pros

PubWorks gives me the ability to see up to date data on the actual cost of my projects, as well as the ability to track historical expenditures on my individual assets.

Cons

The software seems to get cluttered with too many historical projects and does not seem to have a good way to filter through projects to find data.

6.0/10
Ron P.

Public Works Manager

Reviewed on 2011/09/20

Would like to see support for the user not just for the IT/IS department.

Pros

getting better

Cons

Support is not very good especially for the user. Trainning wasn't very helpful.

Response from Tracker Software

Ron:
Our sincere apologies if you're not experiencing the level of support as promised. Lucy Smythe, our Customer Relations Director will be contacting you immediately to discuss with you a plan to be sure you have the support and training to enjoy the full benefit of PubWorks. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for allowing us to resolve your issues right away.

Linda D.

Moffat County review

Reviewed on 2011/09/20

Would highly recommend this program to anyone.

Pros

PubWorks is easy to learn and easy to use. Range of reports is very helpful.

Cons

Could use a little more range in reporting on Fleet end.

Shannon Q.

Pubworks Review

Reviewed on 2010/06/22

Great software and great people to work with

Pros

1. Ease of use
2. Features available
3. Perfect for small local government agencies

Cons

1. Large amount of reports can be a little hard to navigate

Simple and effective work order management system

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/08/13

Pros

Very efficient and effective work order management system for all type of public works requests.

Cons

I have not used enough to need customization, but may add complexities in order to meet specific needs if neccessary.

7.0/10
Shawna P.

Admin Support

nothing to recommend

Pros

Love the overall product

Cons

nothing bad to say about PubWorks