PracticePanther Legal Software

Intuitive Cloud-based Law Practice Management Software

Haley S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

The team at PracticePanther is Great.

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

Pros

They add features on a regular basis and have loads of training. The support staff is super helpful and if they don't know the answer they will try to find it. I understand that every system is different and every one has it's pros and cons. I really think once we utilize every single feature this program has we will be a much better law firm.

Cons

The email integrations phase in and out on working. It may simply be the plugin I have for Gmail but that can be a struggle.

Alicia H.

Fantastic Case Management Tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

I use Panther to manage all of my legal cases, deadlines, calendar, client information, expenses, time entries. I would like to integrate some other features, such as accepting payment, but I'll get to that in time. I know it's there.

Pros

There are too many to list. On the top - great customer service. I'll say that again - great customer service! Ability to have Panther open in two or more screens to perform various tasks at the same time. Ease of use. Being able to create work flows. Customizable (not sure if that's a word, but it is true.) Multiple time entry screen. Being able to export time and expense entries into an Excel spreadsheet. Mobile app for on the go. Tasks and deadline reminders to my cell phone. Oh - and a great price! Plus the Practice Panther team is always updating and improving the software. Tutorials? Super helpful.

Cons

Probably the most annoying thing is that when I come in to work the dashboard is not updated to reflect the new day. I have to refresh. There are a few fields that don't let me edit them (because I messed them up and now want to clean them up). Um.... maybe when I lose my time entries because the computer goes down, but I'm not sure I attribute that to Panther. Perhaps an auto save in the background?

Terry L.

Easy and efficient

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Being a new firm and a newly solo practitioner, I wanted the most efficient way to do it all enter my time and expenses, invoice, communicate with clients, use intake templates, etc. More, I practice throughout Northern California and log a lot of travel time meeting with clients, attending arbitrations or court appearances, or at speaking engagements. With that, I needed easy access on my laptop or phone to a law practice management system.
Previously, I did not have the ability to easily and quickly access a law practice management system. I also had numerous systems for entering time, tracking potential clients, invoicing, and the like. I love that I can use Practice Panther as a "one stop shop", even to pay bills, and that I can use it anywhere and on any device. It has made the hectic life of a newly solo and "on-the-go", mobile attorney much easier. I no longer have to worry about spending too much time on pesky administrative tasks.

Pros

Other than it being a "one stop shop" and the ease of accessibility, I have been impressed with Practice Panther's ability to respond to my specific needs. A significant amount of my work is for unions and clients with multiple matters. Initially, Practice Panther was unable handle invoicing and billing for an individual contact with multiple matters. However, I approached them with my needs and they created a "fix" to their system within a week. They also followed up to ensure that I was satisfied. I was certainly impressed by Practice Panther's speed and attentiveness.

Cons

I am still trying to learn all of the ins and outs. I need a bit more tutelage on the nuances. At times, customer service may not answer all of the questions, however, they have been very responsive to my needs once I call or make them known.

Vickie T.

Excellent billing program

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Practice Panther has been extremely receptive to our suggestions for improvements and changes when specific things didn't work for us. They respond quickly, and when something surfaces that may take awhile to improve, they communicate clearly and regularly to keep us in the loop.

Pros

Love the ease of use for the billing program. It's clear, easy to use, and easily adaptable / modifiable for your billing needs.

Cons

Sometimes glitches occur that cause you to have to break down your billing into smaller sections which is a little more time consuming.

• Industry: Law Practice

Fantastic law firm management software. So glad I found PracticePanther!

Reviewed on 2017/11/27

Too many to list. From accounting, billing, calendar integration, etc. The program has been fantastic for my law firm.

Pros

Prior to PracticePanther, I used three pieces of locally-downloaded software one for billing, one for client management, and another for form creation. PracticePanther has provided the firm with a cloud-based solution that has replaced all three pieces of software. Additionally, because it is cloud-based, the firm can utilize the software on a number of platforms and in any location in fact, I am using it right now on my iPad at a coffee shop, after entering billable time on my Android phone earlier in the day.

In addition, PracticePanther's client portal has been a game changer. While I have not yet fully utilized the email replacement offered by the portal (baby steps), it has helped immensely with billing and in giving clients a great image of the firm. I have received a number of compliments on the portal it makes sending bills easy, paying bills easy, and working with clients a breeze.

Cons

I do wish PracticePanther had a more robust document preparation and CRM platform (like Lexicata). I am sure PP is working on integrating other providers into its software, and the pros FAR outweigh the cons.

Response from PracticePanther Legal Software

Thanks for the compliments! Would love to know what other document prep and CRM features you would like. Please contact us to let us know, thank you so much.

Alyssa C.

Review for Customer Service Representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

Pros

Hello! I submitted a question to the DM feature on PP on April 28, 2020 to inquire why my plugin feature for Outlook and PP was not working. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] promptly responded and informed me that it was a global issue that was being worked on. Honestly, I had forgotten I asked him this question at all, but here we are two months later and today I saw a new unprompted message from him to say that it had been fixed! His follow up and kind and prompt responses have made me really grateful for PP customer service and dedication to our firm. And his follow up will certainly make my job easier. Can't say thank you enough and I really do appreciate his dedication. I've always appreciated how PP makes my job easier, but this follow up really makes me feel like PP is more than a software and that I can always ask questions! Thanks so much, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

Nope, but thank you for asking! Please take care of yourselves in this time.

Timothy L.
  • Industry: Law Practice

my firm is a boutique law firm which specializes in trial work on behalf of other law firms.

Reviewed on 2017/06/06

I'm not sure there is anything I like "least" about the software. As with any software, I would like it to do exactly what I want to do tailored for my particular type of practice. That is obviously impossible absent having custom written software. However, after trying numerous platforms, Practice Panther is the closest thing I've been able to find two custom software.

Pros

When I oversaw operations at my previous firm, I always lamented my inability to leverage existing technology in a thoughtful and efficient way. Changing the dogma at an existing firm seems to be a significant barrier to many firms implementing technology solutions and, more importantly, sticking with them.When I decided to begin anew, I spent weeks trying all of the software out there. I tested the patience of the support teams as I pushed the limits of the various software platforms to make sure they would work in a way that integrated with how I work and think.

Once I found Practice Panther, I knew I was where I wanted to be. The program is intuitive, forward-thinking, and addresses the things that I care the most about. Support is rapid and efficient. I'm thrilled to have found Practice Panther as a partner.

Brian K.

One Stop Shop for Practice Management

Reviewed on 2019/08/03

We are able to run our entire practice and back office with this software. It is truly the one stop shop for practice management.

Pros

It is very user friendly and comprehensive.

Cons

There could be more integration with other key legal software and expanded billing and invoice options.

Jacob W.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great software and great price!

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

Been great. Our firm is growing and I don't see us using any other system. We love it.

Pros

Ease of use. The fact that we can calendar, manage our cases, and do our billing all from the same application and we can do it from anywhere.

Cons

If there was a way to pair it up with our Ooma phone system, so that it could automatically log phone calls by numbers that are saved in the system...that would be really cool.

Michael M.
  • Industry: Law Practice

After years of begging them for real fixed price billing, I'm giving up.

Reviewed on 2018/06/02

It was a good start to law firm management, now I need something that works like a law firm needs to work, not force my law firm to work like the software wants me to.

Pros

It's easy to learn the basics. The calendar is good, it's helpful that they show tasks there. Searching is great. It's totally adequate if all you do is bill for time and integrate with Quickbooks.

Cons

Panther has no report on Items (e.g. how much of your revenue is from Document Drafting vs Litigation). To get such a report, you MUST integrate with Quickbooks. But the biggest problem is that Fixed Price billing (what they call "Flat Fee") is worthless.

Fixed Price billing was clearly an afterthought, and their implementation has not changed at all since the early days when I started using it: 1) It does not let you assign an Item as you can with time entries, so you can't easily tell Quickbooks that a Fixed Price invoice was for a trademark application, not doc review; 2) You can't assign a lawyer to a Fixed Price billing, so you cannot get a report to help you pay everyone proportionally to their Fixed Price billings; 3) Fixed Price matters become immediately billable even if no work has been done, so you must manually keep track of when it's time to invoice for a Fixed Price matter, and there's no report on billable Fixed Price matters; 4) When entering time on a Fixed Price matter, there's way no way to check whether you are about to exceed the budget, and no way anywhere to compare budgeted vs actual.

If you're a modern firm moving to fixed price as much as possible, you'll spend a LOT of time looking for work-arounds, and you'll find that implementing your work-arounds will chew up any time saving you might have gotten from using the rest of the software.

I can't wait to change to software that does Fixed Price right.

Response from PracticePanther Legal Software

Hey Michael, thank you so much for you feedback. I just wanted to let you know that based on the feedback of our users, yourself included, we have implemented a NEW FLAT FEE pricing option. We are the ONLY ones in the market to offer this function! We understand that the needs of our firms are constantly evolving and we value the suggestions and feedback of all of our users.

You can check out the guide published by our training department here:

Furthermore, visit our updates page for past and future releases.

Thanks for being a valued customer from the beginning!

Stephen l. (steve) P.

A Panther Fan

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Overall our experience has been fabulous. Once the relatively short initial learning curve was over, we were off to the practice of law, occasionally delving back into Panther to learn and apply features that we many times didn't even know were there.

Pros

Value and QuickBooks Online integration. Support. I've been exposed to and used a variety of back and front office law firm applications over 30+ years in the profession. Until I stepped out on into my own small firm, I never had a hand in selecting those applications. Now I have and I could not be more pleased with the breadth of features at a cost far less than other less capable applications.

Cons

Not many dislikes if any; just nits here and there to fit my persnickety desires (such as layout of some screens).

Doris S.

Effective Administration

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

We love Practice Panther Software for its ease of use and full capability to administer the cases, maintain and generate billing and keep us responsive to our clients' needs. We explored other software packages, but Practice Panther proved to be the most comprehensive product and the most cost effective, particularly for small firms like ours. We all would highly recommend it!

Pros

Our firm is small and we researched several software packages that will assist lawyers to maintain efficiency in their practice management. We finally decided on Practice Panther due to the lower cost and extensive capabilities the software provided. It has truly been a success for us!

Cons

If there's something negative, we have not found it. Perfect for small firm administration.

Guiliana T.

we use this program in my work to manage all our activities with clients and it is very helpful

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

Pros

I like that it is very easy to organize all the information about a client, including their address and their phone numbers. It is also very helpfull to track our activities for any client. I work in a law firm and we use it to track the hours we work in each case, I found the software very friendly in this aspect. The notes are also very helpfull in order to keep informed the rest of the partners about the status of the cases. The software also allows you to keep track of your invoices and the payments made by client.

Cons

At the beginning I had trouble tracking my hours in cases where I forgot to put the timer but once you get how to do it manually it is all resolved.

Kimberly H.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Excellent! Seamless functionality across platforms. Portal communication is terrific!

Reviewed on 2018/06/03

Easy case management, access 24-7, web-based tool that I can access across multiple devices (and I do).

Pros

Ease of use and the overall look of the display. It's pleasing to the eye and easy to navigate. The portal is excellent as well. The training videos are a terrific way to see the new functionality as it's rolled out.

Cons

Nothing. Anytime I hit a snag, the online resources are available to bail me out. I've referred Practice Panther to other solos and they've signed up as well.

Christina M.
  • Industry: Law Practice

The Client Portal, Invoicing and Client Intake Forms are the most valuable to our firm.

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

Prior to PracticePanther, we handled intake manually by filling out a paper form. We tracked our leads, consultations and completed follow up by individually listing them and scheduling a follow up deadline on our calendar. PracticePanther is the ideal solution and has allowed us to eliminate most of your repeated data entry, automate follow ups and reminders, and it interfaces with each of our payment collection, billing and calendaring systems.

Pros

Cons

Haven't yet experienced any. However, syncing with my Google calendar can be a little quicker. Otherwise, we have no complaints.

Adj professor, dr brett D.
  • Industry: Law Practice

PracticePanther ticks all the boxes for our law firm

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

We sell Australian legal documents online. We needed state of the art legally compliant practice management system. PP is addictive, fun and easy for my lawyers to use.

Pros

Cons

Client and Matter numbers are not automatically inserted. I want the numbers automatically put in, in numerical order.

Erictjohnsonpc J.

An Excellent, Easy-to-Use System

Reviewed on 2020/01/02

Pros

The simplicity and ease of use. It has an intuitive interface, so a person can figure out what to do without consulting a technical manual.

Cons

To go from client to client you have to go back to a general matters page, rather that going direct. That is the only thing I would change in the system.

Joseph K.

Great for Small Firms and Solo Practitioners

Reviewed on 2018/11/12

PracticePanther has been fantastic at helping me capture previously lost billable hours. The built in timer is easy to use and you can even have multiple timers running for whenever you are switching between different matters (i.e. working on a motion and then get a phone call from a different client, etc.). Finally, the ability to access client information from a computer, tablet or the cell phone app is extremely useful.

Pros

Easy to use and well-designed. Intuitive interface.

Cons

To be honest, there is very little I don't like.

Erica M.
  • Industry: Law Practice

I researched a TON of software like this. This one has all the features of the others for less...

Reviewed on 2017/07/07

Case management, calendaring, tracking statutes, creating task lists, being able to track actions performed on a case, having contact information and case notes in one location

Pros

Customizable and user-friendly; also, the customer service is fantastic! The interface is different from other case management systems that I'm used to, but once I spent some time with it, I realized that not only is it different, but it's also better and easier to use!

Cons

Not easy to trigger child items from a parent item. This can be bypassed by creating an event and having tasks trigger from an event, but it cannot currently trigger tasks from other tasks, so it requires a bit more manual manipulation than I would prefer. That said, I provided feedback about this to their development team, and they are looking into how to add this feature.

Justin H.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2018/09/01

The ability to automate forms and get an instant snapshot of our client's matters is great!

Pros

Practice Panther has an intuitive and user friendly interface. We integrate features of the product, particularly automation. every day! Practice Panther responds to its customers with new and improved features quite often and provides great customer support

Cons

I cannot think of anything I do not like about this software.

Marisa P.

Practice Panther is a great way to keep everything organized and helps make my Firm more...

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

I love having a dedicated account manager who understands my business and my needs. I love that when I tell him I have an issue, he actually listens and works to find me a solution. I love that you guys are always updating the software and making it better. I love that your priority is on building a better product rather than marketing. This is truly where I feel your biggest competitor dropped the ball, and continues to drop the ball. Please don't ever make this mistake! I am very happy with the software and recommend it to everyone looking for a system.

Cons

I think workflows could be done in a better fashion, but I have not seen that implemented in any other practice management software either.

Karen B.

PracticePanther provides a superior user experience.

Reviewed on 2017/06/05

Pros

If I've forgotten to add a time entry at the end of the day, I can add it from my phone in a snap! I tried out several different web-based practice management software packages before settling on PracticePanther. I initially thought I would go with a competitor, but when I tried out PracticePanther, the user experience is far superior to the others I tried. I also appreciate the customer service and support. They are always willing to help with questions I have and always open to suggestions for new features.

Cons

Some of the functionality is not extremely user friendly, but their customer service is top notch and always willing to help, so all of my questions have been answered.

Mark S.

I am an army of one.

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

I have found it makes the mundane tasks of running my practice, actually fun!

Pros

As a sole practitioner, PracticePanther legal software makes keeping track of billable hours, client trust balances, and my busy calendar a breeze!

Cons

Not much I do not like, other than I am probably only using it to 80-90% of the program's full potential.

Ava W.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Support staff is extrememly helpful and patient.

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

I really appreciate the patience of the support staff. I'm of a different generation and according to my sons I am severely technologically challenged. Even though I use a computer all day every day, I fear he is right. You guys put me at ease when I asked questions and I truly appreciate that.

Pros

Practice Panther has functions which, once I learn to use them, will hopefully make my job a lot easier and much less time consuming. As far as entering time and expenses, it's a breeze. Creating matters and contact is great too. I'm a Paralegal but also the Business Manager so the financial end is taking a bit more effort to learn. The support staff I've dealt with has been very knowledgeable and helpful all round. The fact that two out of the three had great people skills put me at ease and made me more comfortable with being open to trying new things.

Cons

It may be too soon to answer this question. Some functions I was told would be available are not. In Practice Panther's defense, that information did NOT come from you. It may have just been an idea of someone in our meeting; not sure. Once a couple of issues are corrected i.e. PP creates a "workable check template" so I don't have to waste money on new checks, our "Role" issue is corrected, and the learning curve is mostly over I will have none of the concerns I have at this time, probably only new ones. I have faith in all you youngsters when it comes to making things work. So get busy!! :-)

Stephanie H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Mutli-functional CRM program

Reviewed on 2014/06/10

I've been using Pay Panther for a few weeks now and I must say I'm impressed with how the program combines multiple-use programs into one simple format. It allows me to organize, tag, and send invoices while also making secure transactions and giving me peace of mind with their safe military-grade encryption so that I know my business and my client's privacy are secured. I love it so far and cannot wait to see what Pay Panther develops in the future.

Pros

CRM software, online payments possible, invoicing (includes read receipts so I know when the customer has read it and how many times), allows for categories/tagging leads for each customer, fair pricing, and nice customer service.

Cons

I can't say there are any. Though it is a new software program, they are constantly improving the website everyday and this is no exaggeration. They listen to myself and other customers to see what they can improve.

Response from PracticePanther Legal Case Management Software

Thanks Stephanie! Still improving based on your feedback every single day!