BookSteam Reviews

4.7/5
4.8/5

Ekaterina
  • Industry: Consumer Services

The best booking software for the lashes business

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

Pros

I used to use Genbook software for all of my booking needs, after their price increase I switched over to BookSteam and never looked back. Not only Booksteam is better priced, but in my opinion it is a better software overall. I really like the booking page design, it is very stylish.

Cons

One thing I would like is for booksteam to add Square integration. Otherwise it is a perfect platform.

Timely, Acuity Scheduling and Schedulicity

Reasons for Choosing BookSteam

Price increase

Genbook
Amanda
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

A wonderful tool for my hectic schedule!

Reviewed on 2023/12/04

Booksteam is a wonderful tool that has made managing my appointments effortless. It allows me to easily schedule, organize, and track all of my appointments in a single platform. The intuitive user interface makes it simple to navigate through different features and functions.

Pros

One of the standout features of this software is its ability to send reminders and notifications to my clients, reducing no-shows and keeping my schedule streamlined. Additionally, the software's integration with my google calendar ensures that I never double-book or overlook any appointments.

Cons

Having more payment gateway integrations would be nice.

Aleeda

Not as good as acuity

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

Good range of features and the ability to issue class packages for classes is great. The front end is responsive and simple yet good design.

Cons

Unable to customsise email templates. I switched to booksteam from acuity because I wanted my clients to be able to book recurring appointments but most of my clients have complained that their recurring appointments don't usually work.

Julia

I love Booksteam and I want to contribute to make it better!

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

I had chosen to implement the system for my client (Yoga instructor) after evaluating Booksteam and other systems. At the end we decided to go with Booksteam. Client management and online booking was the most important feature for us. I wanted my client to be bookable over the internet and get rid of paper management.

Pros

Integration was very easy. It is intuitive to use. After all it was easy, because the support team was and still is awesome!

Cons

What I like least about the software is that it is not completely in German. I would like use everything in German - frontend (prio1) and backend (pro 2). As I already have done for the front end, I am willing to help you with ALL german translation issues. Send me the files, I will translate. 2. I would like to have the possibility to make presents to my clients - f.e. a gift certification for their birthday. Unfortunately, I am not able to do this, because I have to definitely buy a gift certification. 3. I would like a modification of the package logic. It should be possible using a package based on a price xy to redeem all classes based on the same price xy. I have different classes - all for the same price, but with different names. For all this classes, I would my client to be able to use the package they bought. (Note: Like references, where I can apply one reference to more than one class ??) I would like to be able to customize the feedback email, because I love the review feature. But it should also be in German. 4. Calendar: I am able to embed the Booksteam calendar, but it shows the attendants of a class. This might be a data protection issue. At the moment I integrated a google calendar at the customer's webpage. 5. I would love to get a notification, when clients bought a package online. 6. I would like the get a reminder of my client's birthdays. 7. Maybe there will be some more, but for the moment that's all.

Emily
  • Industry: Sports

Simplicity and Value

Reviewed on 2022/12/18

My clients and I all adopted the tool very easily. The Booksteam Team has been extremely accommodating and responsive. They even let me tweak and add to the French version of the tool. The few times I have had problems or questions they have always gotten back to me quickly. I think the value of the product is excellent. The sales team has also been supportive of my tiny company and during the hard COVID times.

Pros

The Booksteam software is easy to use for the admins, teachers and clients. It's simple and the functionalities used can be personalized. I have intentionally made my usage of it for me, my teachers and clients as minimal as possible to keep it simple and to the point.

Cons

There is an extra validation step to confirm the booking that my clients sometimes miss, especially if they're using their phone.A waitlist functionality should be added for group classes.

Kim

booking classes with ease

Reviewed on 2024/01/09

Pros

As a yoga business owner, I have been using this online appointment scheduling software to streamline my booking process, and I couldn't be happier. The user-friendly interface allows my clients to easily book and manage their appointments, reducing administrative tasks for me. The software also sends automated reminders, which has significantly decreased no-shows.

Cons

hopefully they will integrate this software with our existing salesforce CRM app in the future

Lauren

Great scheduling software

Reviewed on 2023/10/20

It has been great! None of my customers have had any issues, it’s easy to use, and customer service answers quickly!

Pros

I like that my customers can book a class and pay directly on one site. They also get automated reminders which is great!

Cons

I wish when somebody cancelled class, it would automatically refund the customer. I have to remember to go into my payment software and manually refund the customer.

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to BookSteam

More affordable
Maddie

Perfect app for my Yoga biz

Reviewed on 2024/02/05

Pros

As a yoga business owner, I highly recommend this online yoga scheduling app. It's user-friendly, efficient, and has improved our booking process. Our clients love the convenience of online booking, and it has saved us time and reduced administrative tasks.

Cons

I mostly like everything about Booksteam, can't think of anything.

Jacki

Perfect solution for our Nail Salon

Reviewed on 2024/01/19

Pros

Overall, BookSteam has delivered exceptional value to our business operations and customer relations. It provides a professional touch to our booking system and we're pleased with how it helps our Nail salon run more efficiently.

Cons

It took a bit of time for my entire team to get used to all the features available on BookSteam, but once they did, it became an essential part of our daily operations.

Response from BookSteam

Thank you for your feedback Jacki!

Ellis
  • Industry: Music

Help with my email

Reviewed on 2023/07/24

Pros

I appreciate how patient booksteam’s customer service workers are. Very knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

I wish BookSteam had a mobile app. I’m always on the road and it would be helpful to check on my account with having to squint my eyes on the browser.

Erin
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Quick response with calendar not loading

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

I love that I do not need to be by a phone to make business happen. I'm spending my time giving massages and running reports, not scheduling. My clients think the site is really easy too.

Pros

The smart scheduling option where booksteam calculates online appointment start times automatically. This saves money and keeps my massage therapists booked, making the most use of their time!

Cons

Text reminder doesn't have options to customize. I've had clients try to reply to the text to cancel, and that doesn't work.
I cannot find a place to process customer receipt or printing a list of their past appointments. This would be helpful for submitting documentation for flexible spending or health savings accounts.
Even though the e-mail option works very quickly when there is a customer service issue, I still miss the person to person contact of a phone call. But, my issue was resolved within minutes of sending, so I guess this system works.

Metin

Easy appointment scheduling with BookSteam

Reviewed on 2022/11/20

Pros

BookSteam covers the entire appointment scheduling process with its comprehensive functions.

Cons

Automated scheduling of BookSteam should be enriched with more advance features.

Nicola

Gets the work done perfectly.

Reviewed on 2020/12/23

Great experience... love it up to now.

Great experience... love it up to now.

Pros

I looked for a long time for a scheduling app. Difficult to find when you offer at home services. None truly fits my needs... but Booksteam really made it easy for me to find ways to make it work. Every time I needed support they were more than available and had answers in close to no time. Fully recommend.

Low price
Amazing features
Possibility of multiple locations
Widgets for facebook and mini webpage to book
Nice interface for clients

Booksy and Squire

Reasons for Switching to BookSteam

Pricing and multiple languages
Searpons
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Best for online scheduling tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Great services, great software.

Great services, great software.

Pros

Booksteam makes our job more easy and make all transactions faster, our clients can book online without any hassle. And we can accomodate them too easily,

Cons

I can’t see any cons in this software, i think its just need to have sime update to remove the bugs. Other than that no problem encountered since ive start using it,

Abraham

Comprehensive Scheduling On An intuitive Platform

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

We utilized the software with a company I worked with for my last 4 months with them.

Pros

BookSteam is far more comprehensive and complex than its leading competitors and it offers this elevated level of service at a reasonable price. The client side scheduling tools were an unbelievably useful addition that we had not read about before utilizing the software, but came in handy all the same. Customer Support was on par with some of the best companies that I have ever worked with.

Cons

The system was a bit too complex for some our older employees and clients but there was improvement after training using the resources provided with the software. Initial install takes a while and I wish I had known that ahead of time to block off an hour or two of my schedule

Gemma

The Best Business Tool For Increasing Sales

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

BookSteam has simplified the scheduling of appointments not just for me but for my patients. They appreciate the ease of using the app. No more playing telephone tag.

Pros

Cons

Patients are expressing difficulty accessing the system if they have forgotten their password. Even when they follow the instructions to obtaining their password, they are advised that their email address is already in the system.

Chris
  • Used for 1+ year

Scheduling made easy!

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Pros

Many features and produces thorough reporting to organize and streamline your business. When running into issues I have had a great experience with their customer support. Very timely and gets me the answers I need. Scheduling and tracking appointments made easy.

Cons

The start up process may take some time to learn. With so many feature it's understandable. Short term pain for long term gain which will save you many hours and keep you organized. Give it a try!

Erik
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Booksteam is good to go app

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

Books steam is awesome for appointment scheduling tool.

Books steam is awesome for appointment scheduling tool.

Pros

I really in booksteam is ther is a auto online report that lets you track the attendance right away. Love it!

Cons

If its your first time to use book steam its a bit tricky to set up but once you get hang of it, its not so bad.

Albert
Albert

Book steam for one on one tuation music school

Reviewed on 2018/12/31

Pros

easy to set up and use, very flexible to arrange appointments on the calendar and do the re-schedule.

Cons

reporting functionalities are limited.
If Book Steam can develop more functionalities for reporting will be good, such as monitor clients whose credit in package are low and auto remider them to buy new packages, stc.

Greg

we love booksteam!

Reviewed on 2015/12/12

We used to use another company before (don't want to name them but it starts with S...) and we were constantly dealing with issues and empty promises, it was very frustrating. Then we switched to a company offering free service (that was a huge mistake), a lot of time wasted once again. Finally we switched to booksteam over 6 months ago (from a friends tip) and it's been like a breath of fresh air (I hope I'm not going to jinx it now). Everything just works, I no longer have to email support every week (like I did with a previous company), now I spend more time actually doing my work. Support is also very friendly/helpful/quick whenever I need something.

Kate
  • Industry: Cosmetics

A+++ service from the beginning

Reviewed on 2015/12/27

I used this company on and off for about 2 years now and received the best service from them. They're constantly adding new features / updates which makes my experience that much more pleasant. VERY helpful product for my business.

Leanne

Your customers will love booksteam

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

I was looking for a booking system for a while and glad I found booksteam. Support is awesome, because I didn't know anything about this platform so I was asking a lot of questions and support came through every time. One of the features that stood out, is that I could fully customize my booking page with different colors which tailored to my business webpage look. My customers really love booking online, where they can easily reschedule their appointment if needed. Now my focus is on work and not picking up phone every 20 minutes :)

Jess

Glad we found this app!

Reviewed on 2024/02/28

Pros

BookSteam has really helped our massage business run smoother. It's super easy to set up appointments, and our clients love the convenience. We're happy we found this app!

Cons

I really wish they would have QuickBooks integration so we could sync our data.

Richard

huge time saver

Reviewed on 2015/04/17

My business is no longer myself, it's grown, and between me and my 7 employees we schedule a ton of appointments and pen and paper just doesn't cut it. To make it even more complicated, we offer various group shops in multiple locations and the only software that has it all is book steam.

It is honestly a huge time saver for us, around 70% of our clients book their services/group shops online and we have a TON of clients. I'm not sure what I would do without you guys! Keep it up!

Bernadette
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy way for appointment scheduling

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Good to go . Highly recommemded to everyone.

Good to go . Highly recommemded to everyone.

Pros

The interface is very simple and easy to use. Booksteam is auto online report and best for appointment scheduling tool.

Cons

Could improve the initial set up and the customer support. I didn't see any bad with it. Its still very useful for me.