WizIQ Virtual Classroom Reviews

WizIQ Virtual Classroom

Virtual Classroom software for live online classes

4.5/5 (19 reviews)
Hanaa I.

A good platform for virtual classes!

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

I used to work for a tutor company in the past and we used WizIQ basically to conduct classes. Not only classes but also training was conducted through this platform. We can record the class so the recording is available to students who were absent. Apart from the classes, the app also has a library where you can store all the course materials required for the class, including assignments. It is just basically a mini virtual school.

Pros

You just have all the tools you need for a class but virtual. You could have presentation, paper and paper in the class at the same time. You can have video streaming or only audio. As the class host (teacher) you have control on what controls the participants have. You can give them the writing and speaking access. Having tests in the classroom is also convenient as you can split the students to different class. You can schedule the classes weeks prior according to the schedule. Admin accounts basically have control have the classes and tutor accounts just have to attend them. We can extend the class if it is running a bit late, a very useful feature. I love how the app gets the feedback from the students at the end of the class.

Cons

The class was not very smooth at low bandwidths. The streaming was real bad and often get kicked out of the class.

Christine T.

Not suitable for one to one tuition

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

In the past I used the old whiteboard which despite it's dark and dreary frame, and the poor audio and video, had all the features I needed (as long as you used Skype alongside it).
The new system is hard to use for individual one to one tuition. I no longer use it as the lack of synchronisation and poor features made some lessons frankly embarrassing.
Customer service wise they are awful, they do answer questions but requests for refunds fall on deaf ears. The live help takes ages to respond. The staff do their nest to help but for my intended use, the features I want just aren't there. I logged back into my account after a few months hoping things had improved but to no avail.

Pros

Clean interface, looks good at first glance. Audio and video clear.

Cons

Complex to set up a one to one session, you have to make sure you are in Instructor mode. The system defaults to Courses, so you have to also change to Live Classes. The whole experience of just setting up a single class involves multiple steps and if you also have to make sure that you select the option for only enrolled users to attend, or else in theory anyone could join, which is bad for safeguarding regulations.
Difficult to delete complex diagrams or long mathematical derivations. The eraser tool is clunky to say the least.
The worst thing is that my students often couldn't see the same part of the page as me. Added to that if you want to upload multiple documents for a single session, that you may not use again that year, it is all left in your library. In the past you could just upload for that session and only add what you wanted to the library. When you add content you have to choose from everything you have uploaded for previous sessions.
Basically not fit for my purposes, I regret the massive waste of money.

0.0/10
Ashish T.

I have experienced lot of other virtual classroom software's but i found WizIQ is the best.

Reviewed on 2017/07/17

I am able to teach or train student online.

Pros

All the Teaching Tools available in the classroom, Recording of Virtual Classroom, Flipped Classroom, Screen Sharing, Instant document upload, Immediate response through poll, Sharing of poll results with the learners, Giving writing option to the learners, Chating box, Can pause the recording of classroom in case needed, Webcam, It shows the logo of the Online Academy along with WIZIQ logo, Option of downloading the recording in various format, Can show some videos of youtube related to the topic in the class room.

Cons

A person who is not tech savvy can not use this software for teaching specially subject like Accountancy and Mathematics. They will have to invest on the additional device along with this software for online teaching. Because solving a sum with the help of keyboard takes a lot of time if we are not used to it.

Jennifer L.

Great for Language Instruction

Reviewed on 2015/11/18
Review Source

I've been using WizIQ for over a year. I've held classes of different sizes as well as one-on-one lessons. The virtual classroom has good, responsive tools. The quiz software is also easy to figure out and offers convenient options. Students have responded well to the experience of learning on this platform. The tech support has been very responsive.

Pros

MP4 recordings.
Can make or not make presentation slides available.
Easy to share documents/handouts and private quizzes.
Easy to create courses and upload course materials.
Great to have access to the Course Feed, the private discussion board.
Convenient tools in the virtual classroom.
Responsive tech support.

Cons

The experience of the virtual classroom largely depends on the users' connection. Students with poor Internet connections can experience interruptions, but when everyone has a strong connection, the classroom experience is at its best. WizIQ, though, is always ready to help even through a live chat.

Would like more promotional widgets for courses/classes.

Amresh K.

Best Software for online class

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

i buy WizIQ software and is going on online classes .there is no any problem with this software.

Pros

in this software tools are user friendly.

Cons

for very long time screen blink.not always.

Shashank G.

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Joseph S.

Perfect Virtual Classroom Software with webRTC

Reviewed on 2017/09/01
Review Source

As a self-employed online trainer, I always look for affordable and simple-to-use platforms to ensure quick on-boarding for my audience. I don’t want them to struggle to find their way around it. I checked out a number of platforms. Found WizIQ good and affordable. It has all that I need to teach classes. It’s simpler to use.

Pros

Simple navigation is the first thing that comes to my mind. Virtual Classroom has it all I need The best part is that I have complete control over my class. Transferrable video and writing controls help in real-time collaboration.

Cons

Some time i face issue with video streaming.

Daniel T.

For live classes

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/12/31

We have used the platform for personalized tutorial sessions, the interactive whiteboard option is very useful when making detailed explanations of a topic.

Pros

The most interesting thing about this software is that during the transmission of video, the transfer rate varies for users or students according to the speed or bandwidth of the Internet they have. This means that there are no limitations to see the live video, since it adapts to the needs of each end user.

Cons

To not use the storage space of my local disk, I can record the video sessions in the WIZIQ cloud, which is a great advantage to be able to record a lot of classes and share them immediately.

Kajal S.

Online Physics Classes since 2008.

Reviewed on 2015/11/03

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT WizIQ VC?
Its ease of use.
Upgrading it with time.
Ability to show youtube videos. It adds a lot of value to my Physics class when I can show them videos of experiments conducted, animations of complex instruments.
WHAT I DO NOT LIKE ?
Occasional problems with audio.
OVERALL EXPERIENCE: I have been using WizIQ VC almost from its inception. I am so happy to see how it has improved from its initial stage. So many features have been added and the classroom looks so much more endearing. Over the years WizIQ support team has also become prompt, friendly and helpful. Kudos to the entire team and their leader.

Response from WizIQ

Hi Kajal,

Thanks for taking out time to share your feedback with us. It is great to know you have been a part of WizIQ's journey for so long.

We have made a note of the issue you faced and will share it with the team to improve.

Amanjot
WizIQ Inc.

Kalyan C.

An excellent teacher friendly Virtual Classroom

Reviewed on 2015/11/16

WizIQ is the only cost-effective virtual classroom solution for the educators today. It is developed and updated in consultation with the educators and in response to their needs.

WizIQ Virtual Classroom is an easy to use solution. It takes less than 30 mins for a teacher to understand how it works starting from scheduling a class, inviting learners, uploading learning materials and presenting via WizIQ VC. If you are using any LMS like Moodle, Joomla you can use WiZIQ Virtual Classroom plugin to offer your courses.

Otherwise you can use WizIQ online academy which offers ready to use complete solution for online teaching and assessment. I don't find anything on the negative side. May be I'm too biased to WizIQ Virtual Classroom.

Response from WizIQ

Hi Kalyan,

Thanks for taking out time to share your feedback with us. Your words of encouragement mean a lot to us.

Amanjot
WizIQ Inc.

Donald P.

WizIQ Has It All

Reviewed on 2016/05/10
Review Source

Overall WizIQ is one of the best, easiest and most complete educational platforms that I've ever come across. Their customer service staff is great. They are eager to work with you and to get you set up with a free trial. I am using this platform for private one on one lessons. You can easily create larger classes.

Pros

It is easy to custom brand the platform. Also quite easy to upload pictures, files and videos.

Cons

The prices are a bit high and their Android app needs some work but you can get the job done.

Response from WizIQ Inc

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy to know about your experience. The work is going on the areas that need to be fixed. We strive to make it only better for you.

Rossana L.

dont be scammed

Reviewed on 2016/04/17
Review Source

during the demo, wiziq was fantastic. but when they turned over the app after we paid, that was when we experienced it as slow and non loading. the worse thing is we have been asking for a refund for the past 2 years. continuously, as if we have time to do that. every time we follow up, they ask what is the problem and we forward all the converstations to them again. then last month they said that it has been two years. sorry they cannot refund anymore. this is a scam. and i will find all the reviews and spend time to tell everyone of our experience and show proof.

Response from WizIQ Inc

Hi,

It really feels bad to know about your experience. We have reported the issue to our management. The concerned team is looking after it and shall get back to you soon. Also, we would like to share that any refund request has to comply with our refund policy. If it does, your refund will be processed immediately.

Amanjot | WizIQ Inc.

They have some useful features like scheduling classes in advance.

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

They should allow monthly Plan so we can fully test the app first as it's too pricey for starters.
Besides, if the app is really that good, there's no reason that a customer won't buy a Plan.

Pros

They have some useful features like scheduling classes in advance.

Cons

It's not easy to use for non English users. The white board pen is not easy to use either.

Amanjot K.

Reviewed on 2015/08/11

Hamza K.

A great Platform

Reviewed on 2015/11/18
Review Source

I have used this helpful platform for my son's studies, as he can now easily connect with his friends and teachers in order to lean online. Also I have myself used this for meetings too. All thanks to WIZIQ

Pros

The virtual class, along with the ease of access and security

Cons

Not clear voice during conference, along with some pauses

Jim B.

WiqIQ for Webinars

Reviewed on 2015/11/02
Review Source

As I tutor just to individual students I do not use WizIQ for tutoring. However, I have found it excellent for giving webinars as they can be interactive and also the technical support is always there.

Pros

Excellent for webinars
Excellent for technical support

Cons

Complicated for tutoring to individual students

Liliya M.