Showing 80 reviews of 70

Sean F.
  • Industry: Automotive

When Cloud Monitoring Makes Sense

Reviewed on 2016/02/15

At this time I am on v.71 with Collectors at version 20. I began using LogicMonitor around 2 years ago. It was one of the best "outsourcing" decisions we have made. Now have nearly 550 nodes in our environment and a countless number of stock and custom datasources we are alerting on utilizing a range of collection types including SNMP, WMI, Groovy, and Powershell.

We previously used OpManager and had considered SolarWinds (I used it in a previous enterprise and was very happy with it). In the end, there were a couple factors that lead us to LM and kept us there. First, we are a very lean shop, and the manpower cost of standing up a new monitoring platform along with maintaining yet another machine, while minimal, was going to take time and that was a consideration. Second, we had a lot of stuff we wanted to monitor on each server and a bunch of product owners we wanted to have the ability to monitor thier products, the way they measured that didn't work against us. Finally, we wanted a way to monitor both internally and externally since we ourselves are a SAAS provider. LM satisfied all three.

When we first came on board, they were reasonably new, and the turnaround time on custom datasources was minimal. I guess they are a victim of their own success, my one and only criticism is that now the turnaround on datasources is measured in months not hours. Otherwise, they are hitting on all cylinders. Their java collector is lightweight and can handle a good deal of throughput, I myself have between 100-150 nodes on my larger collectors with 1-minute collection on most datapoints. They have been in a positive development cycle over the past 18 months as they rolled out a new UI for not only for their App but their support site as well. I like how they did some hand holding for us "old timers" who had grown used to the utilitarian and direct legacy UI. They let us run that if we chose to, but introduced new dashboard and service elements in the new UI only, giving us more carrot than stick to make the leap. They are continuously improving their interface, especially their dashboards, giving us the ability to embed third party graphs (in our case some New Relic APM elements) into their layout. I am hoping they will allow us to soon provide a way to embed our LM dashboards into other iframes or share out directly. As a whole, the product is barely recognizable as it was when we came on board, yet every bit as functional with certain elements such as bulk alert tuning and multi-instance management providing even more.

They have released a native iPhone application, it is good for alerting, however they have a good way to go to make it more usable overall. If they do to it what they have done to the web portal, it will be amazing. As it stands, our entire department has the application loaded and peek at it throughout our off hours, acknowledging alerts that we may not have seen yet because of the way our escalation rules have been written. It gives us some advance notice to spot a trend from other departments before it lands on our laps. The escalation rules and who they go to are fully tweakable as well as how users get alerted (email, sms, phone call). We have even begun alerting automation scripts to fire off on certain alert types. They have listened to their customers and continue to act on our needs. When renewals come up, there is no debate that we will keep them. They have become an embedded resource and so long as they keep performing at this level they will remain there.

Pros

Their drive to improve the product! It's hands down the nicest evolution of a product over a short span I have seen. Their product is continually getting enhanced, new datasources are being added to the library, new features into their mobile app and new content in their training sessions. I spoke to many of their pro's in the review, but their continuous improvement cycle is truly impressive.

I also want to give a special shout-out to the help-desk for helping me out of many datasource woes.

Cons

It may not be a major part of their value proposition to new customers, but datasource creation was part of the pitch for us old timers. In the beginning I loved how quickly their folks could crank out an oddball datasource for me. Now don't get me wrong, their help-desk definitely hits the mark for fixing some of my minor mistakes in datasource creation, but when I need something deep I got to wait months. In case LM is looking at this, I'm specifically awaiting a google analytic integration which I saw advertised on your site but didn't exist (to your credit, thanks for taking it down after we found that out.)

Ian L.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Fantastic Monitoring Tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

We've been a customer for over a year and have had nothing but a positive experience. We run lean and needed something that wouldn't require a lot of our time and energy to keep running. It also made sense to get something that was cloud based so that if we have our own infrastructure problems it won't necessarily knock out the monitoring that's alerting us on those issues. Chat support is good and available 24/7 and we have a dedicated customer success team contact who can assist with any escalations, questions, or concerns we have.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use while at the same time offering tons of features that you can use to optimize and proactively solve problems. There's a low barrier to entry to start gaining actionable insights into your environment and minimal tweaking is needed. The alerting customization is excellent and it's easy to make sure the correct person or team has access to the alerts they need with easy escalation to a text or phone call if a critical alert isn't acknowledged.

Cons

It monitors all sorts of metrics for different services, but sometimes it's difficult to determine what a metric is actually telling us.
The mobile app is just ok. It is good for quickly acknowledging alerts, but not much else. We have different teams that only need access to certain devices, but the app shows everything. Push notifications would be nice too!

Trevor D.
  • Industry: Banking

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2016/02/22

I work for a company that’s split into 10 branch locations. We have only around three IT employees for our company. We decided to look for a networking monitoring program since we are growing quickly and we need a program to provide the health status of our network in a moments notice to find problems, also to help prevent them. We spent a lot of time researching into numerous products, and we decided to go with LogicMonitor. Where there was once darkness, there is now light!

We currently also set up three 48 inch TV’s with chrome OS micro pc’s behind the TV’s for our datacenter. It nicely rotates through all of our monitored devices. Overall it has provided invaluable information to us, is priced competitively, very easily setup, and it does its job well. What more can you ask for in regards to a Network Monitoring solution?

Pros

• Pricing Structure. You pay per device, not per switch port, etc. like other expensive products out there
• It works for a small company, but can easily scale to meet the needs for even a ginormous company.
• Support has been fantastic in helping us get things going, we were up and going within a day (vital for our already busy IT staff)
• We can now receive phone calls, text messages, and e-mails for ANYTHING we want monitored that goes over its defined threshold. If a server or even a SERVICE we monitor goes down at 4am, LogicMonitor let's us know!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any. Maybe more mobile app features? They have a app, but it's pretty new. But there's not much need for it immediately. It's mostly for NOC purposes, you're not going to monitor all this stuff from a phone typically anyways. But they do have a app.

Mike C.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Cloud Monitoring at it's best

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

They are one of the best companies that I work with. They schedule checkups to review what we are monitoring and if we need to make any changes to the configuration.

Pros

The fact that it is a hosted monitoring platform allows you to get alerts even if your entire network is down (as long as you aren't only sending alerts to a local mail server).

Cons

When you first set it up it is a little talkative but all of that can be adjusted for your environment so that you don't get false positive alerts.

Mike H.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Monitor anything

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

There are many built-in monitoring options, plus Groovy and PowerShell scripting.

Cons

Resource utilization on the collector can be high, especially when devices are slow to respond to monitoring queries.

Ben B.

Really helps monitor

Reviewed on 2018/03/31

Pros

excellent detection of new devices on the network, and easy problem resolution. It's definitely reduced the number of bandwidth issues we have.q

Cons

I wish it had some extra features and notifications to really make it more off site friendly, but that's a bit much to ask for the price.

Matthew K.

LogicMonitor Rules!

Reviewed on 2016/12/16

The first thing I do when I log into my computer is open LogicMonitor. LogicMonitor helps to make my job easier.

Pros

Reports and the automation that can be built into it.

Cons

The new UI.

Gary D.

Best support from any tech company on earth.

Reviewed on 2014/09/10

You can have a great product but if your customer support is crappy it is not worth the money. I am happy to say the Logic Monitor has the best support of any company I have ever worked with in my 25+ years in the industry. Does not hurt that their product is awesome either.

Pros

Ease of use.
Very reasonable cost.
Feature rich.
Reliable.
Best support on the planet.
Listens to the customer base.

Cons

I hesitate to put anything here because for every "CON" I have found, I simply tell them and they do their best to make it right.

Response from LogicMonitor

Thanks for your feedback! We pride ourselves on our customer support and we continue to improve our processes to ensure our customers are happy with our service and platform.

John S.

Great monitoring, but needs to be better at replicating tasks, monitors, etc.

Reviewed on 2014/02/24

I was disappointed to find that there was no feature for being able to upload monitor configurations for our 35+ sites. While I can replicate (clone) one and modify, that is still a lot of mouse clicks.

The same goes for adding Scheduled Down Times for servers modifying each one is time-consuming and error-prone. It would be better if I could select a number of servers and create one SDT for them all.

Robert B.

LogicMonitor is a great choice!

Reviewed on 2016/02/03

When we approached our monitoring project, we evaluated a number of different solutions. We'd been using Solarwinds for several years and we simply felt that it wasn't the right product for us. That isn't to say that Solarwinds isn't a good product! We used it significantly over the years but we needed something that fit us as an overwhelmed and understaffed IT Team better. We are a small company of about 250 employees and 5 offices across the US and many remote employees around the world. When we came upon LogicMonitor, it was clear that this was a different product and company. They were incredibly helpful during our evaluation and even allowed us to extend our trial period for longer than I am comfortable specifying (more embarrassing to me that our eval took so long). There are many factors that led us to choose LogicMonitor, but some of the biggest are: - Ease of Use: "Out of the box", they recognize and monitor so much of what we use, including the smaller vendors. If they don't recognize something, it is a fairly simple process to request that they add it to their software. Needless to say, this saves us a ton of time! In addition to recognizing the devices, they automatically add a set of monitors that they feel are the most important, but also give you the ability to easily disable what you aren't interested in or add additional monitors if they don't support something you wish to monitor. - SaaS: We knew we wanted something that could provide both internal and external monitoring, AND be available for our technicians, wherever they were. The lone drawback to their model is the number of internal servers required to monitor everything we wish to. For our main office, we needed to deploy a second server to complement the first because we were monitoring so much stuff. A very small price to pay for the ease of use and administration for the platform. - Price: Unlike many other vendors, LogicMonitor doesn't charge you per monitor, they only charge for the device. For example, in other products, a 48-port switch could use up 100+ monitoring licenses to monitor all ports and all of the critical switch functions. Logicmonitor only charges you 1 license to monitor the switch and you can have (I believe) an unlimited number of monitored items within that switch. For a smaller company like ours, cost is definitely a large factor and LogicMonitor was definitely a leader in this category. There are a lot of other factors that I could go into, but I'd rather not write a novel. Suffice to say that if you are in the market for a new monitoring solution, I HIGHLY recommend that you look into LogicMonitor. I'm confident that you will come away impressed and they will immediately become one of your top choices to implement!

Pros

Many of them mentioned above.

Cons

Not many, but the response time for requesting new device/vendor recognition could improve.

Mike D.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Outstanding; Highly Recommended.

Reviewed on 2015/08/10

Our use case is centered on routers, switches, wlan and other infrastructure hardware components of the service-delivery stack as opposed to servers, applications, etc. Based on LogicMonitor's performance to-date, I would fully expect that we will expand its role.
In selecting LogicMonitor, we heavily weighted factors related to administrative overhead and convenience. On both counts LogicMonitor gets the highest marks:
1)We no longer spend time installing a bloated monitoring application on a server (physical or otherwise) or fighting to upgrade any part of the application's components.
2)We no longer spend time sustaining remote access mechanisms that make it cumbersome to view our monitoring data...wherever and whenever that data is needed, a browser is all that is required.
I highly recommend LogicMonitor as a source of powerful and valuable insight that can be leveraged to maximize the ROI of your IT service-delivery stack.

Pros

-Relatively low-effort administration
-Exceptionally convenient
-Extensive "Out-of-Box" definitions supporting a wide range of vendor product families
-Well-thought UI
-Time spent with LogicMonitor is time learning about the status of your IT Operations, not time spent fighting with a balky, uncooperative monitoring application

Cons

-Not every organization is ready, willing and/or able to transition from CAPEX thinking to the OPEX-centered SaaS world.
-Works best for locations with multiple Internet connections, since loss of Internet connectivity prevents the uploading of collected data to LogicMonitor's cloud processing: there is no local UI.
-Not suitable if your use case demands absolute (immediate ms-by-ms) real-time visibility: there is some latency involved in transmitting collected data to the cloud for processing and presentation.

Mike H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Single pane of glass

Reviewed on 2018/12/09

Pros

Easily discovers 95% of what my systems and devices are doing out of the box without any need to specifically enable services to watch and monitor for.

From here I can then write custom monitors. If it can be turned into a number it can be graphed and if it can be graphed you can alert on it.

Cons

Too much javascript making it a heavy application for mobile devices to operate.

Wayne M.

Simple but extensible

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

We have a bunch of Logic Monitor dashboard cycling on the screens in our NOC. So we can always get a view of what's going on and what do we need to jump on and deal with ASAP. We also use a Chrome plugin to make an audible alarm if a fire starts in LM, which means we can be more responsive.

Pros

It is really simple to get started with. Load up a probe and watch it start collecting. You can tweak settings and silence specific alarms, and the dashboards can be really powerful.

Cons

While it handles syslogs, the process for generating meaningful alerts from them can be trial and error.

Kade T.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

The King of Monitoring

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pretty freaking awesome.

Pros

It is literally the best thing that I have ever used in forms of monitoring. That might be because it is the only thing i've ever used. It has been my greatest pleasure to consistently underutilized and not take advantage of the vast configuration and customization options that this software brings to the table. Any technician with alot of time and creativity could make this software literally do their job for them.

Cons

Basically, I wish the netscan was a little more informative. I need some heavy lifting done in that department. I want to be spoon fed information about devices discovered on the network, vendor, mac, etc by default and have logicmonitor make recommendations on what to add to the portal. Because lets face it, as a client with thousand of devices in LM i'm not going to start adding workstations.

Matthew K.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 2017/06/12

Custom monitoring is amazing! You can monitor Veeam backup jobs if you want!

Pros

LogicMonitor's capabilities alone make this the best monitoring software available. The fact that an average person can build a custom datasource to monitor some 3rd party software application is absolutely amazing!

Cons

The fact that it lacks a Dark or Black theme. But I believe that is on their roadmap so...

Alex Z.

Great product

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

We've only had this product for about a year now and it is quickly becoming our go to as a large MSP. The customer support tier 1 leaves a lot to be desired when you are already an IT professional but for beginners, I suppose it is not that bad. This is a bit more expensive than other products but worth it overall.

The best thing about the product is they are always continuing to expand and update their technologies.

Pros

Lightweight, fast, great integration platform

Cons

Expensive, tier 1 support not that great

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Deeper insight into node performance, faster response to issues

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

- Easy to use, easy to setup.
- Dashboards are easily configured and look professional
- LogicModule Exchange allows for community sharing of DataSources
- Support team is incredibly responsive.

Cons

- Pricing maybe abit on high end
- It has a steep learning curve, especially for some who have no prior experience with SNMP (however, Knowledge Base is readily available)

LogicMonitor is a great monitoring tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

It is our core monitoring service for our business.

Pros

-Ease of use
-Pricing
-Custom Datasources
-Alert tuning
-Integration with ticketing systems

Cons

-Reporting could be better
-Mobile app could use improvements

Bernie M.

Best Nagios Replacement!

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

One of the best companies I have dealt with and by far the best support.

Pros

Ease of deployment and Support are top notch.

Cons

Can get pricey and cloud account monitoring features are still in their infancy.

Easy setup, well rounded feature set

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Have used Logic Monitor for about 4 years and have been very happy. Since then we’ve moved most of our infrastructure to the cloud, and LM still does a good job, even though we do not have LM Cloud.

Pros

Intelligent defaults make for a very easy setup. All of the basic monitors / alerts are enabled out of the box.

Cons

Have not tried the LM Cloud offering due to its steep price. Would be nice if there was a more affordable package for small companies.

Robin R.

Best Decision for Network Monitoring

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Pros

It is so easy to configure and use, though it can be daunting if you get too deep, too quickly. But the documentation and support will always come to your rescue quickly.

Cons

Looking forward to more improvements in Dashboarding and Reporting. Would really like to see a report or feature around asset management.

James C.

Excellent tool

Reviewed on 2014/08/07

LogicMonitor as a product has been very instrumental in improvements in our operations team and has ultimately resulted in considerably better service.

LogicMonitor as a company has been a delight to work with. They are excellent at innovation in their sector and are paving the way to finely tuned and monitored IT infrastructure for their customers.

Pros

Low maintenance approach to monitoring
Reliable and secure service
Based on best practices
Very open to advancement of their product by collaborating to make additional datasources available
Great support

Cons

Limited mobile-device capabilities