Prevail Case Management System

One-Stop Disability & Injury Case Management Software

Eric O.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Prevail is a great tool for PI cases

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Overall we have had a good experience. Customer support is top notch and quick.

Pros

Prevail makes it incredibly easy to manage personal injury cases. With separate tabs for medical billing, records, injuries, negotiation, and document storage, it means less time spent looking for information and getting things done within the system.

Cons

It takes a lot of customization to use with general civil and business litigation, and sometimes the time entry forms and document categories are inflexible and require significant tweaking to work fluidly for litigation matters. It is also critical to train your employees on how to use document categories under the history tab in order to fluidly move between pleadings, discovery, correspondence, etc. In other words, Prevail does not have separate folders for filings, you have to manually select categories to view certain documents or it can become rather difficult to pinpoint certain documents.

Response from Practice Technology

Thank you, Eric! We appreciate your feedback. The "cons" you've listed will be brought to the attention of the people who can make the appropriate changes, if possible.

Danielle N.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!!! Prevail is the Best...love coming to work each day b/c of...

Reviewed on 2017/08/21

Pros

The entire system is a Pro for me!!!! I enjoy learning and exploring the system and it makes it so much better having the wonderful staff that you have. Customer support representatives
are the BEST!!!! Because of them, I found this system very interesting and user friendly.

Cons

I do not like that you cannot print Sticky notes or complete the sticky note and keep it in the history of the claim. There are times that a sticky note is completed but we cannot delete documentation of a client file. Also, I find that the Notes tab is useless. Everything you want or need is in the history tab and can be sorted for whatever you are looking for.

Response from Practice Technology

Hi Danielle!
Be sure you're not using Sticky Notes for tasks. They should never be used for something that needs to be done. They should be used to call attention to something. For instance, use a Sticky Note to let everyone know you need a correct phone number on a case, but set a task to get that phone number. Then, when the task is completed, it'll be noted to the history.
If you want to use a Sticky, then make a note before it's completed, you can create a history category, "Sticky Notes", and copy and paste the info into a history entry, then delete the Sticky Note.
As for the Notes tab, I rarely use it, but our clients who were used to having a Notes tab in an older version of Prevail, really missed it when they upgraded. For them, we added it back in.

Lindsay W.
  • Industry: Law Practice

I've been a Prevail user for almost 2 years now, and enjoy the program.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Pros

I'm happy with the set-up. It is easy to navigate, and Prevail 8 has a lot of new features that make certain tasks easier to complete. I also love that the program syncs up with Outlook now!

Cons

With all of the new features, I've noticed the program has a "lag" now. Also, I don't like that you can't generate multiple documents at a time, such as medical records requests (which is a feature that is available in a different program I've used in another office). Also, when a document is being scanned into the system, the rest of the program is unavailable to use until the scanning process is finished (which we used to be able to do in Prevail 6). There are still some things that could use tweaking..

Response from Practice Technology

Hi Lindsay. Thanks for your review.
Prevail can actually merge multiple medical records requests at one time, using the Merge Across Related feature. Not only will it merge multiple medical requests to different providers, but each document can set its own time and cost value on the ledger, plus a follow up task as well.

Leanne C.
  • Industry: Law Practice

I cant imagine my day without prevail!

Reviewed on 2017/02/02

Prevail is more than a software it's an amazing company that will be there to help you develop your business. I first purchased prevail in 2013 and the SAME STAFF that helped me then has recently helped me through a business transition nearly 4 years later. I highly doubt that you would have those kind of personal relationships at any other software company. Additionally the software is extremely effective but also easy to learn. We've had no problem training incoming staff quickly with prevail. Prevail helps keep me organized and makes it easy to check in on any deadlines in the office. It makes supervising my staff easier than any other program.
I promise you will love prevail and the company that provides it.

Pros

Keeps me organized and its easy to teach to new staff

Tom D.

PREVAIL IS A FANTASTIC SYSTEM

Reviewed on 2014/05/20

Prevail is a fantastic system for maintaining client files, documents, the current status of each case, the history of the entire case, and the next step which should occur. This system allows you to calendar appointments, as well as set up, assign and complete tasks, and send messages throughout the office. The system integrates with Word, WordPerfect, and QuickBooks. Management reports can be generated from the data maintained in your files. This system allows one to keep up with tasks completed and still pending, and allows one to assign great priority to the tasks which must be completed by a certain deadline

Prevail recently introduced a new version of its system, which just came online a couple of months ago. There are still some bugs which need to be fixed in the new version, but changing to the new version was painless and quick for everyone in the office. The new version has several significant new features, including a Do not Disturb function, increased security and individual User options.

While I am unable to list all of the wonderful features of this system, one of the most beneficial for us is the capacity to modify the system so that it works most efficiently for everyone in the office. We can add or edit steps, documents, reports, and client questionnaires as needed. This system allows us to painlessly and seamlessly keep a record of time spent and costs incurred for each client and for each task.

The customer support is wonderful. The wait times are short and call backs are available. The tech team works through any and all issues online with us while we are on the phone with them. This is the best customer support I have ever seen with any system I have used.

I unequivocally recommend Prevail.

Vicki B.

Prevail is easy to use and the features are helpful in my day to day work.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

There are several options that I don't use in Prevail, such as many options in the Report and Report Builder menus, Event's and Strategies. Many offices may use all of the options. Saying that this is a con but it is nothing that affects my use of Prevail.

Pros

The ease of using the program and being able to move within the program to find or record needed information for our clients makes our daily job flow and simplifies the work.

Erika R.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use, incredibly interactive, and highly efficient

Reviewed on 2015/04/23

Pros

The program seems as though it was created to meet the growing demands of my firm and increasing number of clients. The customer service has been phenomenal - not only are they prompt and receptive to your questions but they also listen to feedback and help structure the program to best firm our firm. Everything from the matter pages and tools to document preparation and information merging to the calendar flows smoothly and is efficient.

Cons

I really have no complaints. While it may be easier if the vendor resided in our state, that certainly has no real impact on the ease of product use, accessibility to customer service, or the quality of the software.

Chereka P.
  • Industry: Law Practice

I like the software, but I feel there could be some changes.

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

I like that this is a tool to manage our case load without physical filing. I love the document merger because it is a huge savings of time. I think this is a great program but based of other firms their may be more efficient technology.

Cons

I wish that the document merger could handle putting more than one of the same contact type on the same document. It seem that the software often has problems depending on the computer that it is on. I wish that the program was more easily accessable from other places such as home or our phone because the attorneys do a lot of out of office work. I was hoping that the process area would be able to work in a more automated way, it feels like there always requires some human component to things in this program and I was hoping that it would provide more of a force flow for our case work. If I were at this job during the time that we were in the decision making process of determining which legal software to go with I probably would have went with another product because there are more automated options.

Kevin H.
  • Industry: Law Practice

great program. One of the best programs that does not have a monthly charge.

Reviewed on 2017/08/21

Organization, organization and organization. Everything at one place or in one case. Calendars to view all upcoming meetings for the firm, a staff member or anything in between.

Pros

Cost is up front / No hidden fees
flexibility of use
Great training and customer service (probably best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with)

Cons

limited customization (small issue because software covers a lot of ground)

some legal matters lack necessary fields

Response from Practice Technology

Hi Kevin! Thanks for your review.
Tell me, what fields are you looking for, and in what law types?

Marina H.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Prevail staff are very friendly and helpful

Reviewed on 2017/08/21

Pros

VA friendly, ability to be able to link the calendar and Prevail together, great support service, and can be efficient.

Cons

To many steps to save contacts. Not able to route a phone message, note, email to another employee.

Response from Practice Technology

Hi Marina! You can definitely route phone messages, notes and emails to other users. You can use the linking feature for that, to send a linked message. You can also link a task to the item, and set it for whomever you'd like.
As for contacts, you should be able to save them with a minimal amount of steps.
Call me with any questions!

Claire R.

love it

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Pros

the document designer feature is amazing, at previous jobs i had to create documents from scratch and now it's so easy!

Cons

a quick info tab could be useful, but i t might already have that and i just don't know how to use it

Laura C.

Use the system to track referral sources, and lawyer commissions

Reviewed on 2017/08/21

Pros

Pretty simple. I am still trying to get used to a system that isn't comprehensive. I guess it is easy to over ride mistakes.

Cons

I have used electronic medical records for years and this seems simple, not comprehensive and very repetitive in displaying information. Very redundant.

Response from Practice Technology

Hi Laura. Could you please be more specific about what you've put in the "Cons" section of your review? We'd love to help resolve this if we can. Please email me at [email protected]

Josephine G.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Isn't adapted to the new SSA documents

Reviewed on 2017/08/21

The trainers told me about the field, NBI and Nosscr.

Pros

The trainer was very good. I believe this might have been a very effective program years and years ago. It's not competitive. The concept is if you spend 20-40 hours of training time you will learn to work with this program. The program should be constructed to assist the customer.

Cons

Let me count the ways. The first is that it is only on windows. It takes much too long to "train". I was a bit shocked to learn the company doesn't want to keep up on the SSA forms, doesn't want to either put it on the web or make a Mac Version. Luckily there are other groups providing the same content for free, and you could build this easily with Filemaker.

Freddy S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

I was introduced to Prevail at the first law firm I worked at and I immediately saw its...

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

The customization, customer service, ease of use. Pretty much everything in the software can be customized. If you get really fancy with it you can update a status that triggers tasks to multiple people, with deadlines attached, documents printed will all relevant data in it.

Cons

Two limitations to be aware of, you need a TWAIN compliant scanner, I use Fujitsu and love it. This will allow you to scan directly into the matter which you are working in. The second limitation is that in order to attach emails directly from Outlook into Prevail you must have 32 bit office installed. You can ave a 64 bit system, which we do, but Office needs to be 32 bits

Stefanie Y.

Glad we switched

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Everything is so manual, there is no automation to the system. We ultimately ended up switching software programs and I'm much happier.

Pros

Not much at all. I guess to some the basic layout and overly "vanilla" look could be useful to those who aren't used to more. But, I wasn't a fan.

Cons

Navigation within the program isn't the best. It seems very out-dated. It does keep things organized, but you have to constantly go back and forth between sections. I wish it was just an overall more seamless look to it.

Response from Practice Technology

Stefanie, my apologies, but I haven't seen this review until now. I'm surprised by your input, as it doesn't really apply to Prevail. We pride ourselves in the fact that Prevail is highly automated, and that moving back and forth between sections is not necessary. Could it be that your firm was on an older version of Prevail? I wish I had seen your review sooner - I would have replied then. Clearly, that wouldn't have changed anything - you had already switched over to another program. I'm sorry you were not satisfied.

C jane J.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Must have for SS disability work.

Reviewed on 2017/08/21

The scale won't work. I am extremely likely to recommend and have recommended many times. Prevail software has allowed me to scale up my business without adding staff. Keeps me organized and saves me money. Helps me win cases by adapting to my work flow and making sure I never miss a deadline.

Pros

Keeps me totally organized. Using Prevail case management software has allowed me to triple my case load without adding staff. It has paid for itself many times over. The training is excellent and the annual fee is more than reasonable given the high quality of the tech support. I always get a real person on the phone who understands the software and is extremely knowledgeable about the disability business. They give me solutions that are better than what I ask for because they've seen so many different business models. The Prevail staff are continually upgrading and improving the product so it just gets better and better, but the upgrades never interfere with business. They make the upgrades seamless and work with my schedule. I cannot say enough good things about Prevail.

Response from Practice Technology

What a great review! Thank you, Jane!

Evan O.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Best Customer Support Ever!

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

One of the best companies that I have used n my entire 54 years of existence.

Pros

They are always around to help with any issues and customize what you need.

Cons

Nothing. It's simply the best. Used it since 2001.

Yvonne B.

Time saver

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

It has been a huge time saver in regards to client management.

Pros

Being able to create and merge documents has saved a lot of time over the years.

Cons

I would like if a file history would be updated with the users name if they change the context.

Tracy S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

We have been using Prevail for about 5 years now. What a difference it makes in your practice!

Reviewed on 2017/08/21

I think the greatest benefit of this product is that you can handle many more cases with it than without it, thereby making your investment in the product nominal. Also, it is so user friendly that anyone can learn to use it very quickly.

Pros

Very user friendly and very functional. Even the most inexperienced can learn to use Prevail very quickly. We are able to handle many more cases than we did without Prevail. I really like the document merge feature as we use a lot of form letters. The intake questionnaire is great as well.
We can all be on top of our game on every case because it is easy to see where we are on a case.
Love the process tab too because we can set lists (autofill) or steps and each serves its purpose for different types of cases. Prevail tech support is fantastic! They are responsive, friendly, understanding, and very helpful-well worth the yearly contract fee.

Cons

There are a few glitches here and there and it crashes sometimes, but for the most part we are very happy using Prevail.

Response from Practice Technology

Hi Tracy! Be sure to contact tech support if you're having any issues.

David K.

Prevail Case Management System

Reviewed on 2014/05/20

Our practice is limited to representing Social Security disability claimants. Our caseload is significant This system has never crashed despite seven licenses. It is an excellent gateway towards a 'paperless 'office. It is also accessible when using a Remote Desktop Program allowing you to modem into your server and database when away from the office.

The program comes with very good 'form' templates that are adaptable and can be modified to suit your particular preferences. The program's flexibility for example, allowing the practitioner to modify its forms and to create one's own forms is an extremely attractive feature .
The statue, task tickler, etc., are excellent. This program allows you to determine the status and posture of any case within seconds. The database search engine is extremely fast when calling up a claimant's case. The program can quickly print out reports on caseload and the posture of cases individually and by groups. It works well with Dragon speech and your word processing program.

The training we received required some time and is paced according to your schedule. Learning to navigate through the program to maximize its capabilities is worthwhile and somewhat intuitive but does take some time. My staff is always stumbling upon something new and useful within the program.

Switching over to Prevail requires a commitment to take the time to input all your client data. Once a medical provider's information or any Rolodex type of information is entered, it does not have to be entered again and can be attached to any claim. If one wants to search the database for certain medications or medical devices for participation in any class actions, that information is available nearly instantly.

Before purchasing Prevail I investigated other similar software companies and products tailored to the nature of my practice. Since our office began using Prevail, our attorney and staff efficiency has increased significantly. Just in terms of increased efficiency and time management, the program pays for itself over and over again My anxiety level has likewise decreased- it is very hard to miss a deadline. I give it FIVE stars.

Bill Z.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Excellent software. Best value for the price. User friendly and support with a smile!

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

There is no truer statement than garbage in then you get garbage out! The more you use Prevail the more and more awesome Prevail's information you give it helps your cases. Its quick its intuitive and its user friendly. The developer is constantly making it better. We use Prevail daily almost all day and it makes our cases run so smoothly.

Pros

Ease of use and how user friendly it is. The learning curve is nearly zero.

Cons

I can't think of one except maybe that its not FREE? But that wouldn't be fair would it?

Response from Practice Technology

Thank you, Bill, for your kind words. It's great to hear that our clients are happy with Prevail, and with us!

Mary W.

I'm a fan

Reviewed on 2017/04/06

Since day one I have been happy with this product. The capability of this product paid for itself many times over. It auto populates multiple forms meaning I pay less for secretarial help. It keeps me from missing deadlines, which saves clients and cases. It allows me to find out where my business is coming from so I can appropriately say "thank you". It's very flexible to I can add fields as I need. The staff has always been right there ready to help. I could spend a day extolling the advantages if I wanted to take the time.

Pros

It has so many options.

Cons

There is a learning curve.

Diane B.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Without Prevail my law office would be lost. It's easy to learn and use. Great technical...

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

Organization.

Pros

Automation, automation, automation. Prevail tracks and enters many of our day to day tasks, it propagates forms and sets deadlines, saving us countless hours. Also, the reports are extremely useful for business insights. The questionnaires are easy to follow. Prevail is user-friendly and can easily be customized for unique needs.

Response from Practice Technology

Thank you, Diane, for your kind words about Prevail and our Support Team! We appreciate you too!

Ashley G.

Lifesaver!

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Pros

All of my case information is in one location. It's easy to navigate and notate on the go. I can look up any information whenever I need to.

Cons

Appearance could be more customizable, I guess. I don't have any thoughts as to cons or dislikes on this product.

Response from Practice Technology

Thank you for the great review, Ashley!

James B.

Great program. Company a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

More efficient claim management

Pros

Easy to use. Support is wonderful. Everything I need is in the program. If I have an issue they solve it