StockMarketEye

Keep Your Eye On Your Investments

William S.
  • Industry: Design

I well designed, easy to use, but basic portfolio management tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

I'm enjoying the tool, and it beats what I've used before. If you could add the two features I listed under cons, I would be very happy.

Pros

It is reliable which is the main reason I switched from my other tool. Nothing is worse than sitting down to check your portfolio and finding your tool is offline. The user interface is simple and intuitive, for the most part. It does provide a very useful range of fundamental metrics and ratios through the "Configure Columns" command, although the command is hard to access (you need to right click on the column header). All in all, though, I find the tool solid, reliable, and well-designed.

Cons

There are two improvements I would like:

1. Currently, there are two views on portfolios: Prices and Fundamentals. These can be configured. I would really like to create as many views as I want for each portfolio or watchlist (e.g. valuation, growth, performance . . .). Currently, I'm finessing this by creating duplicate watchlists for each view I'd like, but that is a pain if I add, delete, or change entries in a portfolio. So, user created/defined views would be great.

2. I would like to be able to chart the overall performance of my portfolio, and display it in comparison with indices, moving averages, etc.

Response from TransparenTech

Thanks for your feedback. For your improvement request #2, have you tried clicking on the "Total" line of your portfolio? This will generate the market value chart of your portfolio (i.e. the end-of-day value of your portfolio over time). You can then add any comparison symbols you want to the chart as well as any of the supported technical indicators.

Victor N.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

StockMarketEye Review - Feb 2019

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

So far, the charting functions allow me to review my watchlists easily as I scroll through the charts to visually scan the charts...

Pros

StockMarketEye allow you to display multiple charts of the individual stocks in multiple time frames like 3 months, 6 months, 1 year and 5 year charts. You can also link all these charts to your watchlists or portfolios and you can scroll through one by one. These multiple time frame charts will be updated accordingly. I love this ability. Technical Support was extremely helpful as they taught me how to set it up even though I was using the Trial version. Eventually I purchased the license version because I like this function a lot !!!!

Cons

There is no drawing or annotation functions in the charting functions. It will be great if we can draw simple trend lines or Fibo levels on the charts. And the software must be able to remember the drawings after we exit the program....

Andrew D.

StockMarketEye Checks All The Boxes

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

I wanted a streamline tool that easily updates and monitors my portfolio to benchmarks. As a self investor, I find this product to a welcome addition to my software suite.

Pros

I have been searching for a portfolio monitoring tool that handles multiple account, currencies and international markets. StockMarketEye handles all these requirement and is easy to use. The migration import from quicken was a bonus. Performance charts vs indexes are helpful as well as a large selection of stock metrics to choose from.

Cons

Viewing transaction took a bit to get used to.

Todd H.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

So glad I switched

Reviewed on 2017/03/28

I was using another piece of software that would track all of my dividend stocks with distributions included. This software blows that one away and it was $$ cheaper! It also updates from your brokerage if you set that up. I used to have to input everything manually. This is such a time saver and I feel I am receiving the most complete picture possible. Highly recommended.

Pros

Dynamic updates from brokerages. So many statistics!

Cons

takes a bit to get it set up the way you like it.

• Industry: Capital Markets

Best at tracking my portfolio

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

I am happy with it and would recommend to several online traders.

Pros

The software is the best to use for tracking the stock markets, globally. It supports multiple currencies, can be synched with several devices and comes with multiple portfolio support features. It is accurate and always reports your exact portfolio holdings.

Cons

The major con with it is that it does not have a multiple currency cash balance feature, this could use improvement.

Bob B.

Mixed, good for what it does..not useful enuf..see below

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

grouping stocks in categories; report facilities; support is very good;cheap;
Good import features

Cons

I've been looking for an auto sync tool with my Fidelity acct so that when buy or sell it gets applied here. WIthout that, it isnt that useful bec I can do a lot of trading and dont want to double update

Response from TransparenTech

Thanks for using StockMarketEye. Although StockMarketEye does not automatically sync your latest trades from your brokerage account, you can run the update-from-brokerage feature yourself at any time to pull in your latest trades from your brokerage account.

Jim C.

Software is easy to set up and use. Customer support is quick and helpful.

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

The product gives me the tools to make informed decisions regarding my investments.

Pros

I appreciate the clear columnar set-up of the quotes. Adding bought and sold stocks is extremely easy and intuitive. The fundamental and technical features are quite complete for the average trader.

Cons

It's a hassle to manually sync data every time I use the product. The product should automatically sync to the cloud on a regular basis.

John G.

StockMarketEye my replacement for Investoscope and much more

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Easy to install and use love the online cloud sync also which allows me to use the app.

Pros

Functionality and ease of use. Online updates from Canada and US stock markets. Multiple portfolios.

Cons

Sometime hard to figure out balancing for historical trades involving reverse splits and splits.

Jon S.
  • Industry: Accounting

After a great deal of research I found this the most intuitive software with excellent...

Reviewed on 2017/05/19

Able to monitor both personal and professionally managed pensions

Pros

Excellent and flexible reporting. Ease of input and output of reports and information.First class response from the Help Desk when minor issues arose.

Cons

identified some functionality improvements which were adopted and implemented in an update which was outstanding.

Daniel B.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good App to Keep Track of Your Investments

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Pros

I am able to keep track of the performance of the ETFs that I have invested in. Easy to navigate and read how well your investments are doing.

Cons

You have to pay for it, when there are free alternatives available.

Very useful for tracking my portfolio across multiple accounts

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

After development on Investoscope ended, I struggled for quite a while to find a comparable product to track my portfolios. StockMarketEye gave me most of what I had but offered new features.

Pros

Importing a decade of history from Investoscope was a snap! Generating charts like simple moving averages, Bollinger Bands, candlesticks, etc is a breeze!

Cons

It is frustrating to track mutual funds, especially those with private equity firms. Entering data generates an error every time with no ability to turn it off. There's also no ability to break down portfolios by asset mix, classes, sectors, etc. This is a feature I greatly miss from Investoscope.

Jorge R.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

efficient way to track your portfolio

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Pros

quite easy to work with. straight forward in the way to add shares to the portfolio.

Cons

recording dividends and coupons was quite complicated and it is not easy to see the performance of the shares considering value, gain and coupons

Elio G.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

StockMarketEye Helps to keep a close look of stocks

Reviewed on 2018/11/25

My overall experience has been satisfactory.

Pros

StockMarketEye allows me to keep track of all personal and business stockmarket portfolios in just one place, it has several features that allows to see trends and estimate stocks forecasts.

Cons

Graph features can be more friendly, also it could allow to make comparisons between different stocks in just one view.

• Industry: Defense & Space
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A Stellar Software for Analyzing Financial Investments

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Well worth the one time fee!

Pros

As a Financial Analyst, I deal with a lot of numbers and comparable charts daily. My days can get pretty busy and I sometimes don’t know where to start. I’m so happy with StockMarketEye which has assisted me in doing comparable research for my investment portfolios. I can assess the charts and developments from my desktop and everything is always up-to-date. I have a lot of confidence in this software which enables me to give solid advice to my peers.

Cons

I’m very happy with StockMarketEye and have not experienced much trouble with it. I use it on a daily basis, and it is one of the first things I check in the morning when I get to the office.

Better than expected or any other such investment management programs I've seen

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Very quick and informative response from support when I had a question on getting set up. That whole process went smoothly.

Pros

I like that it's on my computer and not in some amorphous "cloud." I was looking to replace Google Finance after it turned into a mess, found this and can't be happier plus it is way more useful.

It's fast, comprehensive, and makes a load of information easy to find. I've only been using for about 6 months and it's now an important go-to tool for all my investing decisions. We have about 60 holdings of more than 40 stocks, CEFs, ETFs in 6 accounts (SEPs, ROTHs, etc.) with 2 brokers. I was just able to easily complete a total overview analysis that I've been straining to try and do for a long time.

It's easy to update with transactions, divis, etc. and is alway right on with Quicken & broker statements.

Cons

No complaints about SMEye at all. In fact, I'm still learning about tools and info it includes.

Bill B.
  • Industry: Accounting

Best Stock Tracking Software Ever

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

It works like a charm and I don't have to be a geek or guru in software to run and understand what's going on. Congratulations, Nick, on a great piece of software.

Pros

At low price of less than $100, this product has to be the best Stock Tracking Software available!!!

Cons

Nothing really, except for the fact of familiarizing myself with all its many, many features. So overall...NO MAJOR CONS!

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Perfect tool to complement the active daytrader

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Pros

It's hard to make the decision between using your brokerage's advanced (and paid) tracking functionalities, and a third party app. I have to say that StockMarketEye does an impressive job in providing all the information I want with only a few clicks or taps. I can't say that I've become a more successful trader while using this software, but I can say that it's been a lot easier to review the metrics of my trading.

Cons

There are some sync issues with my brokerage. This is something I anticipate being resolved in the future, as my brokerage is a lesser known entity.

Jon S.

Quality Product for Investors

Reviewed on 2019/02/10

SME allows me to easily monitor all my portfolios in one place and analyze my profits and losses. A great product!

Pros

SME is a great portfolio management software that provides me with centralized visibility of my portfolio and watch lists. I highly recommend SME as an investment tool.

Cons

Nothing directly related to the product. Most limits encountered are related to Yahoo finance where SME retrieves stock data.

Dennis R.

Best I have found!

Reviewed on 2016/06/26

I have used many portfolio tracking software packages and online sites. StockMarketEye is the only program that provides a comprehensive tracking and reporting system. You can generate a detailed return report based on an specific time frame you want on one portfolio or a combination of portfolios. You can track buys and sells very easily, as well as, account for dividends to cash or reinvested easily. You receive portfolio return to include time weighted average. The program provides stock graphs that includes buys, sells, dividends, and splits.

Cons

The software offers no fundamental or technical stock research.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Portfolio Manager's PM

Reviewed on 2019/02/02

Working in a portfolio management group, we use StockMarketEye to help analyze our client's portfolios and look for trends in the data. We are able to consolidate everything into one portfolio, and harness the tools such as charting and watchlists to make determinations as to when we want to enter new positions. Very impressed overall.

Pros

Ability to group different accounts into one single portfolio for analysis. This helps when trying to create aggregate analyses of all my client's portfolios. Also really like the ability to keep watchlists of stocks, and track if they reach certain levels. No longer do we have to dedicate someone to watching price levels; rather, we can be notified when certain moves happen.

Cons

Lacks a research aspect, but I realize that's not what this software is about. Can also be somewhat challenging jumping from systems such as Bloomberg to StockMarketEye, although the latter is most definitely more modern.

StockMarketEye Customer Review

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

I'm happy with the features available for the price. I've made some suggestions to the development team and several updates to features are in the works. For us casual traders, this is a good product. If you are a professional trader, it may not have all the features you need.

Pros

I was trying to find a free, or inexpensive, portfolio manager. While many allowed you to enter your holdings, few allowed you to generate reports of all transactions (Buy, Sell, Gain-Loss, etc). StockMarketEye provides excellent transaction reporting, watch list creation and basic charting for a one time purchase.

Cons

The data feed comes from Yahoo and there are occasional issues with translation requiring manually updating of the names. You are unable to change multiple items at once, such as changing sector or industry.

Solid, reliable, more than enough technical metrics for my trading needs

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

Allows me to check my portfolio quickly outside of a browser (no internet distractions or navigating across 6 pages of a poorly designed brokerage account. Charting tools and technicals are sufficient and easy to use. Alerts work well.

Cons

Doesn't always sync perfectly with my brokerage account. Sometimes I have to make minor corrections after the import. But it's a minor annoyance.

David Z.
  • Industry: Media Production

Exactly What I Needed!

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

I now have more clarity with my investments than ever before.

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility and depth to this software. I particularly like how the watchlists can be easily set up and implemented. I can quickly add a new stock, plug in an entry date months or years prior, click the "look up price" button, and get an instant read-out on how much the stock has risen or fallen during the set period.

I also love how the software can be synchronized with my brokerage— a crucial feature!

Cons

As with other stock-tracking software, there is no "undo" option after a change has been made. However, it is possible to make multiple backups to return to.

Mellie G.

This product is a comprehensive, easy to use way to keep track of all of your stocks.

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Pros

I like that you can format the screens to track just what is important to you. And that the stocks are updated automatically when the program starts.

Cons

The setup required a learning curve which was expected. I do not have any cons at this time. It serves my purpose well.

Shakul T.

Overall this is the best portfolio management s/w on the market

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

After google finance went south, I wanted something with simple interface that would give me a snapshot of my losses and gains and overall holdings performance. This more than filled that gap

Cons

The mobile version is not as useful as the desktop version. It has to be synced with the desktop version and does not directly get holdings information from the brokerages