Showing 71 reviews of 58

Seth C.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Uptime Lifeline

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

It's hard enough to keep up with servers 24/7/365 let alone when I'm traveling. The website and app make outages easy to manage when I'm on the go. The alerts come right to my phone. For the price this may be the best vendor I have. Scratch that, "IS"! The price is the same as when I signed up yet now I have a public status page and agent heartbeat to keep my business ticket. It's alive and well. Thanks Panopta!

Pros

Agent heartbeat has a very light footprint on the servers. The flexibility of outage alerts is easy to customize as well.

Cons

Once, in a while I'll get a false alarm. Although, it's typically due to a new monitoring IP that needs whitelisting. Not too much trouble at all.

Response from Panopta

Hi Seth!
We could definitely do a better job of notifying you about new monitoring node IP addresses, I'll bring it up to our product team. In the meantime, you could subscribe to our mailing list or RSS feed for quick updates! You can find both here (https://www.panopta.com/monitoring-network/)

Vinayak S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Host online lectures with Panopta

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

Pros

Very user friendly. Comes with a mobile app which greatly helped me watch my university lecture videos on the go. Option to download video as well as you can put a restriction such that a user cannot download.

Cons

Sometimes the videos take a long time to buffer. The quality of video does not auto adjust with the internet speed quickly.

Response from Panopta

Thank you for the review Vinayak, but just to clarify, were you intending to review our network monitoring solution, Panopta? Or perhaps soundalike company Panopto?

Paul S.

Good stable monitoring

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Used to monitor all of our servers and web apps, allows us to monitor from multiple locations and emails and sends SMS quickly and efficiently.

The service has a lot more to offer than for what I need as I only require basic monitoring and disk/ram/CPU usage and a couple of tests to test a web page is up.

Pros

Cheap, fast and reliable and support are very helpful.

Christo B.

Customer and own private DC monitoring.

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

Great value for money and product! I could gather from using the product. It is new, but the support to help works on problems that came up was resolved. Efficient and helpful support staff. New features I requested was quickly included and I was informed when the new features came available so I could test.

Happy Reseller and Customer:)

Pros

The Value you get for your money.

Cons

the Onsite appliance cost is to high.

Guillermo C.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

It just works!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We use Panopta to monitor our internal monitoring system (yes, somebody needs to watch over monitoring systems too) and also to have a general view of our network from outside, so far has been very solid, they are always improving and releasing new features.

It is powerful, easy to use and affordable

Pros

Powerful, you can monitor almost everything
Nice public status page

Eric H.

In use for 7+ years

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

While TeamSupport.com started in May 2008, we did not "open" our doors until late Q1-09. We knew from day 1 that we'd need a tool in place to help us monitor our stack, and alert us well before our customers might notice any issues.

I can say as a long time user, their UI is very simple, and the alerts are always spot on, and easy to manage.

We have several people in our account being notified on various events, and it's also very easy to pause alerting during any planned maintenance.

In all of our years with Panopta, I never once felt a need to complain about their service. They've been an extremely valuable and reliable partner.

Forrest D.

I used Panopta to manage our multiple data centers.

Reviewed on 2017/06/13

Pros

I like the flexibility of monitoring. The software that I used previously was computer based and prone to crashing. Having a web based solution is much more practical and stable.

Robin A.

Panopta System Monitoring

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

The Panopta software does what is says on the box. We manage all our customer systems using Panopta and know immediately if anything needs attention via email alerts. This service is invaluable to us.

Thomas V.

Panopta helped us to monitor multiple endpoints easily

Reviewed on 2017/01/06

Panopta helped us to put all our monitoring to a single service. Before that, we had to use multiple services in order to get what we wanted. Not an easy thing to achieve these days.

Christopher C.

Panopta and External Monitoring

Reviewed on 2017/01/06

I have used Panopta for 4 years as a way of externally monitoring my company websites and perimeter hardware. It has worked quite well.

Chris C.

Great tool

Reviewed on 2017/01/06

This software has helped us keep track of network connections. When connections fail, we notice immediately and can fix accordingly.

John B.

Really is always on the lookout

Reviewed on 2017/02/13

Panopta is a great monitoring tool. Slightly more advanced than others on the market which suits our technical requirements.

Hussain M.

Fast service

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Panopta provides excellent service and response times to any issues that may arise. Would recommend to others.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Basic Network Monitoring Platform for startups

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

not so satisfied but I think the amount of money we pay for Panopta is just fair to the benefits we receive

Pros

What I like about Panopta is it is very easy to setup. The other thing is that it has built-in SMS notification system which can be used when there are critical alerts.

Cons

Panopta lacks SNMP polling. It is limited to ICMP monitoring

Erik M.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Works well

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

Works well. Would like a bit more included in the basic packages as I feel it is a bit limited for a small player and the larger packages gets quite expensive quick so it feels a bit prohibitive cost wise for a small player.

Pros

Works well

Cons

Limited amount of probes in the smaller packages

Response from Panopta

Hi Erik!

Thanks for the review and the feedback. I'll send over an email so we can discuss a plan that's better suited for you!

Keep an eye out in your inbox

Michael E.
  • Industry: Automotive

Wejo review!!!

Reviewed on 2017/01/30

Good overall, great ui and ease of use. Would like to see more options in regards to cloud services like AWS etc.

Pros

Cons

Lack of cloud managed services

Eamonn M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

devops engineer

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

I like the service once setup properly. Something lacking is good java/jmx monitoring, not easy to read and no heap/garbage collection metrics I can see. The UI needs to be revamped I think, more ajax calls etc.

Pros

Works once setup properly

Cons

More advaced metrics like java tomcat metrics. The ui is not too user friendly

Matthew B.

Excellent uptime monitor

Reviewed on 2016/12/20

Panopta does a great job of spreading the uptime monitor across the globe for more reliable assessments of uptime. I have had some times of "false positives" but which are much more easily attributed to issues with Chinese internet than it is to a Panopta issue.

Ryan B.

Panopta is good, but needs some functionality to be great.

Reviewed on 2017/01/06

I have been using Panopta for 6 months now and it makes monitoring our servers significantly easier and more dependable. I have run into times where the Selenium script I use works in Selenium but not Panopta, leaving some of our servers un-monitored.

Chayan R.

Great product and easy to setup

Reviewed on 2016/12/21

It was surprised that it supports international phone numbers and SMS. This is a rare feature for most products out there. It didn't work for me at the first time, but with only one support contact, they fixed my issue.

Lukasz W.

You did a nice tool that helps.

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

- the ux / configuration is not as easy as it could be
- for me the most valuable thing is "phone ringing"
- you could add an integration with AWS Cloud Watch - use it metrics to provide your alarms.

Michael J.

Great external monitoring service

Reviewed on 2017/01/06

We've been on board for several years and are very pleased with the service provided. Panopta never sleeps, but we do.

Uriel P.

Is Interesting Tool

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

Is very useful tool for monitoring, help us to monitoring our server and analize our needs, we still evaluating thank you

Ken E.

Panopta review

Reviewed on 2016/12/20

We use the software to help with review and oversight for internal forms management and it works well for that.

Rafe H.

Solid, reliable and configurable monitoring and alerting solution

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

We started using Panopta over a year ago after having continual problems with some of the other better-known monitoring solutions; continual false-negative reports and convoluted interfaces were causing continual problems for us. Panopta's service has proven to be very reliable, allowing us to configure the points from which our servers are monitored which mean we're getting alerts from regions very close to our users, and we've been able to extend this past simple 'ping' type tests. Their alerting services are easily configurable and adaptable, meaning our staff receives alerts promptly when necessary. We have also had no issues with simple integrations via API to any services we've wanted so far. A couple of times we haven't been able to figure out issues on our own their support has proven to be very fast to respond and diligent with following up on any lingering concerns. Happy to recommend Panopta to anyone looking for a reliable, robust monitoring solution.

Pros

Ease of use; reliability; configurability; alerting systems; easily integrated with other systems

Cons

They don't have as many 'out of the box' integrations as some of the better-known solutions, however, it hasn't proven to be a big hurdle with a little work.