Joel S.

Coding required!

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

It was great for the time we had it. But, too much moving around with the interface and lots of coding to get things in the right layout. As powerful as it may be, we had to switch to something simpler.

Pros

It's a good e-commerce shopping cart for a majority of online sales. Offering a comprehensive e-commerce solution. It has retail multi-channel and marketing capabilities as well, an advanced customizable platform.

Cons

For the most part, would require someone who knows some html. In other words, not for basic users. And it offers limited themes. Most useful for doing things from scratch.

Greg A.
  • Industry: Furniture

Took two years to get ecomm site up and running

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

For our needs this was the best. None of the big three do absolutely everything. Requires lots of time and repetition to learn all the tricks, this is a deep program, but we have it do a lot and have it very customized.

Pros

Most everything is customizable if you can figure out how.

Cons

You will constantly run into something it doesn't do such as percentage pricing on options, but none of them do it all.

3dcart Shopping cart software with a wide array of plug ins

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

We run quite a few businesses online and with 3dcart we have been able to use the different templates for our different businesses. We can use different payment gateways with 3dcart so this is great.

Pros

This software has a variety of templates that one can use. If you are technically savvy you can also make use of various other plugins. We liked it because ir can easily be integrated to google products as well.

Cons

Customer service seems to be a bit slow but when you do get someone, you are rest assured your problem will be solved.

Robert J.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

I have used 3dCart for my online store probably for more than 10 years now, and I have been completely satisfied with their program and with their customer service. Their software is easy to use and easy to learn. I had them set up the program for me when I first began and it is still working smoothly today.

Pros

ease of use, updates are automatically applied and are not done very often so there is no disruption, excellent service support, flexible program can be easily customized, competitive pricing, excellent tutorials, no coding skill is necessary for use, good communication from the company
from

Cons

too many options for add ons for similar types of add on modules, a lot of space wasted on the screen (better now with the latest upgrade), finding photos in file manager is difficult

Bill B.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great Company but difficult to get help when you need it

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

My overall experience until recently has been very good. I could generally figure out what I needed to do on my own. However, I don't it is anything special any longer.

Pros

Versatility, variety of plugins. Nice templates.

Cons

Customer service has really declined in the years I have used this software. When I first started you could get hold of someone early in the morning. Now it takes an executive order from Trump.

Karolyn S.

Solid Sofware with API Capabilities

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

Pros

opportunity to customize is not limited. We've been using 3D cart for about 5 years. I've been mostly happy with how it works. If you have some development background, that helps but is not required. The import/export features and the ability to have control over your site is where they shine. Customer returns are off -- you can return an order easy enough, but if you're returning single line items, it doesn't work -- you have to band-aid that part. Customer service is stellar. For the price, it offers a lot of functionality and opportunity for 3rd party integrations.

Cons

the actual back end phone order/customer service/returns etc needs tweaked.

Jim L.

Big Upgrade from Yahoo

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

I was searching for a platform that had the bells and whistles which Yahoo merchant solutions missed so badly. I found it with 3d cart. They offer apps and plugins that are optional and paid elsewhere. Also, I have found their method of building options on products to be one of the most simple and time saving of any other platform - and I have used quite a few. Customer service is very responsive. They partner with great providers - i.e. FusionBot search has been wonderful in creating a custom solution for our site. Thanks, 3d cart, for saving me from the exorbitant fees and headaches Yahoo had me experiencing.

Pros

Full solution

Cons

hosting resources and bandwidth fees

Jason H.

Best for Online Biz

Reviewed on 2020/04/04

I have had more than $200k in sales using my 3dCart store.

Pros

3dCart is very easy to use. I have 2 stores with 3dCart. 3dCart's dashboard makes managing my stores and inventory so simple. I can handle everything from designing the look of my website to fulfilling orders with 3dCart.

Cons

The only problem I have encountered is the inability to provide a coupon based on type of checkout option.

Lea C.

Great eCommerce platform

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

Pros

Our store website is built using the 3dCart platform. I really like how it tracks and give your detail information regarding the customers and their purchases. As a store manager you can really use this information.

Cons

The customer service chat takes a very long time to get responses at times. I should however mention that their staff is really knowledgeable!

Mitch H.

Happy Volusion Switcher!

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

3dcart was brought to my attention at a time where my frustration level with Volusion was peaking. I really didn't want to rebuild my website again, but 3dcart offered so much more bank for the buck that I had to commit and begin rebuilding.

The feature I love most is product options - it has simplified my multi-sized product arrays from a both point of views, the customer and administrator. Absolutely love it!

I could go on and on about other features that you pay extra of with Volusion, but I'll just say that 3dcart is far superior for the money than Volusion and GoDaddy as well (before Volusion).

I didn't give it 5-stars for Features & Functionality because there are a couple simple improvements that 3dcart must make for that 5th star, so I hope they are busy with plans to keep innovating and expanding their eCommerce Platform!

Pros

Product Options

Cons

Lack of a user-editable price option feature. Rewards doesn't account for different level of rewards for a product with price level options. A feature (check-box) to disable directions on the contact us page - for eCommerce sites without a physical store, which is many, why show directions to an address that has no merit?

Susan C.

Love it

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Pros

We currently are using 3dCart as our e-commerce sales platform and this shopping car addon is certainly nice to have. It's very useful and easy to use. Everything is explained on the site.

Cons

No cons with 3dCart's shopping cart itself. My only beef is that the 3dCart platform is a little pricey.

Dana W.

Good for managing small business needs

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

Pros

It's easy to add and edit new products. It's customizable to your needs as a small business which is nice.

Cons

It can be a little glitchy here and there. There's a lot of little tricks that could be beneficial to you but aren't apparent on the website.

Dan O.

3D cart provides a great site that lets you do almost anything you can think of.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

It operates our business

Pros

Very versatile and can be used for many different applications. We are able to adapt the site to our needs even when those needs change.

Cons

Takes a couple days to understand how to navigate their do it yourself programming. After that you are able to move around the site easily.

Nghia N.

Use it at your risk if you are a beginner!

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Pros

Very friendly user interface and feature rich

Cons

Money grabber. Additional purchase of apps and features will continue to drain your money. Non-existing in-person support. Questions get answered after 24 hours. Good luck on demo and training.
Everything regarding to money gets deferred to a non-working billing department. I left many unanswered messages and no responses.

Dan O.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great site/Great support

Reviewed on 2016/11/08

It took us a day or 2 to familiarize ourselves with the layout but once we did we found it pretty user friendly. Any time we had a question we could reach support by phone or email and found them very helpful!

Pros

Loads of different options for programming and editing the site. Way more offered than our last website provider and for the same price.

Cons

Took a bit of time to figure out where everything was so we could edit certain pages or functions on the site.

Rebecca N.

I switched to 3 D Cart when Prostores discontinued their shopping cart software

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

Lots of options

Pros

Move was easy as they did it for me at no charge. It has a lot of features. I just haven't learned to use them all.

Cons

Price is a little more then I want to pay. I am not getting as much success as I did with ProStores but that is do to lack of integration with eBay. They are always trying to sell me expensive upgrades.

Barbara T.

Great website for small or large webbased business.

Reviewed on 2016/09/19

I really wanted a shopping cart with my website. But I only have a few products. 3dcart has pricing levels to fit all needs. I am able to have a complete website with cart for less money than I was paying for an informational only site. I'm one happy customer.

Pros

Easy to use and the help is great.

Cons

I haven't found any cons yet.

Deborah R.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Great product & great customer service!

Reviewed on 2016/10/24

From day 1 they were very helpful in guiding us through how to set up our new shopping cart. Their technical support team answered every question I have very quickly and had a lot of knowledge about their product.

Pros

Easy to set up a shopping cart.

Cons

A lot of email blasts not asked for.

Michael R.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

5 STAR IS NOT ENOUGH!

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

My experience started on 8/1/2016 when I purchased the company and found 3dcart to be user friendly and so easy to work with while processing the purchases made by our buyers. I suggest if you are using another company to give 3dcart a try as I did!

Pros

Cons

Have no issues

Ana S.

Reviewed on 2016/02/04

Karen V.

Great option when you need many options for each product

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

The shopping cart features are great, my store needs to have several options for each product because everything is customized. Had many problems in Beta and they are not always quick to respond or resolve.

We used the site for one year.

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

Super easy to set up, very intuitive. Customer service was a plus, eager to help and easy to get ahold of.

Cons

A lot of items are add ons. We did not get the paid SSL but used the shared one that comes with the base price. Found out this was a mistake.

Moaz T.

Great CMS for ecommerce shops

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Pros

It enables you to start selling with minimal setup and offers a wide variety of customization.

Cons

Some of the customization techniques could be done in a more developer friendly way.

Katie P.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Love my website!

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Pros

Allows me to offer a large number a variations for my products
Free shipping for specific items only
Integration with Canada Post
Huge database with How To info
Helpful customer service, quick to phone and the chat feature is handy

Cons

Occasional glitches where buttons won't work or tricky to find some menu options
templates are not very customizable unless you have strong coding skills

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

the best ecommerce shopping cart software

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Well-priced service with plenty of customization options and excellent customer support!

Pros

unparalleled customization options. Solid customer support. Lots of payment gateway options. Integration with Google Sponsored, ebay, etc. Cheaper than the competition. Most importantly, the ability to tag items with metadata and key words for SEO purposes.

Cons

There's a few small glitches. Returns of individual line items is not easy. Sometimes the username/password input seems to freeze up. Knowledge base still references old platform. But overall well worth it.